All hotels in Grandville, Michigan, United States of America
You can collect® Rewards nights here
3180 Washington Ave SW, Grandville, MI, 49418, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Score breakdown (from 1 review)

• 5.0

Loved it!
Genuine guest review
3 night business trip Jul 21, 2015

TripAdvisor reviews for Prairieside Suites

"Lovely room and a relaxing evening"
09/20/15 Phoenix_Dewinter Guildford, United Kingdom
We stayed here on our last night in the US before heading home, so I had wanted a place of good quality. We stayed in the New York Loft and it was a really lovely room, nice big bed, great bath etc. I must confess I found the whole 'call and we'll guide you to a parking spot' thing a bit weird, I'm sure it's for guest's convenience, but to me it just felt a little over managed, as did all the labels in the room... one of the grab bar, one on the wine cooler, one to show you where the glasses went back etc etc... it was all very precise - but I probably only noticed because I'm completely the opposite of precise! Cheri was very polite when we met her and very welcoming indeed. There are all sorts of baked treats etc that you can help yourself too, but we weren't too interested in that. we were tired from a busy week and just wanted to relax - which the whole room was perfect for. I was a little disappointed with breakfast, it was an additional $20 each to have breakfast in our room - I can't cope with being sociable in the mornings. They had kindly asked for our dietary requirements, my other half doesn't like cheese, so I marked this - when breakfast arrived though all they had done for his was not put the cheese on top of the quiche, it wasn't a different meal - so it was a little dull. But that may well just be me being pedantic. I'm not sure I would call staying here an 'experience' as the website suggests - the rooms are lovely and comfortable and the owner clearly has great taste. But actually people are what create an incredible experience in my book, and by the nature of this setup, you don't really meet many staff etc, so they don't have the opportunity to 'wow you'. I really don't think this place deserves a bad review - they are lovely, lovely rooms, it just wasn't quite as perfect as I'd thought it might be, but still of an extremely good standard.
"Absolutely wonderful!"
08/31/15 rkcornwell Ann Arbor, Michigan
We just stayed two nights in the Beach House room. It looks exactly like the posted pics! This room is just off the main house. The room was beautiful and really did include almost everything you need- shampoo/lotion/body wash, bath crystals for the amazing whirlpool tub, room spray, deodorant, and then kitchen items. The breakfast was cooked when you arrive for breakfast( unless you choose room service- for an additional charge). We did choose late check out and cheesecake- which was delicious!! We would definitely recommend this B &B!!
"Fantastic getaway for you and your significant other!"
07/22/15 Nixon3 Crown Point, Indiana
This B&B was fantastic!! The owners thought of everything for our stay. We really liked the fact that we were able to book a one-night stay, for a little extra. Most of the B&B's we looked at required a two-night stay. We were able to have a couples massage after arriving, and the owner was able to change our massage time (we got caught in traffic and feared we would miss our appointment). The main house has a selection of sweets to eat. We enjoyed breakfast in our room. It was really good and included a little bit of everything. Nicely presented also. We stayed in the New York Loft room. The room was very nicely decorated with several things I would like to find for home. The bathroom was lavish. I WANT A HEATED TOILET SEAT!! The room was quiet. The bed was comfortable. The 2 person whirlpool tub was very large and came with bath salts. Things I would have changed, but are not deal breakers were: there was no hair conditioner in the bathroom. When I travel, I always find hair conditioner included in the room. There was only a three in one shampoo/body wash. I have fine crazy hair and it requires conditioner. I didn't bring any, so I had crazy hair going home. LOL! Also, the wine bottle opener didn't work very well. Had a really hard time getting the cork out of our special bottle of wine! These things are minor though. We would definitely stay again!
"Wonderful B&B"
07/07/15 Ands01 Toledo
We had a very nice stay in the Beach House room. I usually hate hotels (seriously..sleep on top of bed, shirt over pillow, etc). But this place felt like home! So clean, welcoming, and comfortable. Breakfast was delicious. The scone was amazing...who knew I'd like scones? The eggs were free range and I was accommodated well with my no meat diet. I just wish we could have stayed longer!
"They have thought of everything"
05/11/15 Cathy R Whitehall, Michigan
Prairieside Suites is the ultimate luxury getaway. Cheri and Paul have included EVERYTHING you could possibly want for a weekend getaway. Room was so comfortable, extremely clean, food delicious, and great hosts! What more could you want.
"Get Away"
04/09/15 Carl H Fenton, Michigan
My wife & I have stayed at many B&Bs, and we booked Prairieside Suites for a well earned get away. Unfortunately, we ended up being disappointed in our choice. We stayed there April 3 & 4, 2015 in the New York Loft. It was the first time that we ever had gone to a B&B and not be greeted by someone when we arrived. We paid extra for early check-in and even called while we were enroute to confirm our arrival time. When we arrived, we were locked out and had to call the owner for key codes to get in. Luckily, we didn't call 20 minutes later; otherwise she would have been watching a movie and been unavailable. Again, for this, we paid extra. The room itself was very nice and well appointed. However, it was a bit frustrating that my wife & I had to share one hand towel during the two days that we were there (it wasn't even changed when the room was "cleaned"). The only cleaning that was done was that one of the waste baskets was emptied and the bed was made. The breakfasts were, at best, "okay". Their focus was obviously on fancy/eclectic rather than flavorful and filling. The portions were very small with no offer on seconds. The orange juice was warm. The second morning we had hot "pecan rolls". My mouth was watering until it was served. It was a dried up/crumbly concoction not much bigger (or tastier) than an alka seltzer tablet. For what you get, this B&B is way over-priced and my wife & I will not be returning.
"Great anniversary trip"
04/07/15 Josh D Toledo, Ohio
My wife and I loved our time at Prairieside. We stayed in the French Riviera room and it was really cool. The bed was so comfy and soft. It was clean, charming, full of character. The owner and staff were very friendly. We plan to return.
"Memorable stay"
03/18/15 Dovenest55 Saint Joseph, Michigan
Tuscan Villa was our choice for a couple days to unwind and relax. We were glad we choose this room. The decoration reminded us of Italy, the country we like to visit again. The room had all the amenities we needed for our stay. The B&B is built and decorated with attention to details and guest's comfort in mind. Thank you both for our experience. Jitka and John
"Absolutely the most amazing Bed & Breakfast! A Must !!"
03/02/15 AnnieSueWho Traverse City, Michigan
This was our first time at a B & B and I must say this was the most amazing place for our romantic getaway! Truly a must!! Warm and inviting, extremely clean, wonderful private rooms with the most amazing details. Could not ask for a nicer place to stay!! Owners are great along with the entire staff.
"Attentive owners"
11/29/14 KP-WorkToTravel Clinton Township, Michigan
My husband and I were on a getaway for the wkd to Grand Rapids and decided to try this b&b. The room we stayed in, Beach House, was beautifully decorated. Actually, there was nothing beachy about it, but it was very contemporary. The hot tub was very spacious...more than enough room for two. There was a lot of attention to detail, not only inside the room, but also with the food. We paid extra to have breakfast delivered to our room, and beforehand, the owner made sure of food allergies, preferences, what kind of beverages to have in the fridge for us, etc. The set-up of the room was a tad awkward as the TV and fireplace were both to the right of the bed, and you looked straight out to the tub. The shower was phenomenal with unique shower heads and great tile work. The location wasn't the best (nothing walkable) in our opinion, but definitely safe. Overall, it was a great stay.
Reviews and ratings contained within this site are the subjective opinions of customers and suppliers; they do not represent or reflect’s position. Neither nor the parties involved in providing review content shall be held liable for any damages of any sort resulting from use of these reviews