All hotels in Kowloon, Hong Kong

Quite acceptance of everything
1 night romance trip Nov 8, 2015
Nelson
"Enjoyable stay"
Great location and the staff is courteous. Will definitely come back.
1 night trip Nov 8, 2015
Garry
"Close to everything hotel"
The hotel is centrally located, very close to shopping, transportation and attractions. It is well worth for the cost, even though it is a small guest room. For those travellers who are allergic to smoke, minded that there is a heavy smoking odour in the guest room. Overall, it is a good value hotel.
3 night family trip Oct 27, 2015
Shelly
small room with inconvenience move about.
2 night business trip Nov 1, 2015
WONG
"massage room"
good location,room size is smaller than massage room,just a double bed and a 1and half square foot side table,coffee station like a sauce rack is wallmount,I think its too much of the cost.
1 night romance trip Oct 29, 2015
yuen ho
"Excellent Location"
This is my third or fourth stay at Silka Seaview. I returned mainly because of its location - it is well connected bus and rail and it is considered centralized location in Kowloon. Overall, the comfort and service is average and reasonable for short stay.
2 night family trip Oct 24, 2015
"Short trip"
The price is too expensive for such hotel condition. Room was so small and cramp for two adults. The shower head is too low for tall adults. The bed was way too small for two adults. It looked more like a super single than double bed. Not a good hotel stay but location is good and convenient. But I will not choose to stay there anymore.
2 night romance trip Oct 27, 2015
"4 nights in Silka"
I got a head injury during my stay because one of the cabinet door near the plug point wasn't in good condition. And while I was charging my phone suddenly the cabinet fell off and hit my forehead. The bruises was so bad that it bulged up. Besides, the carpet was stained, the blanket was rather old and dirty. I will not go back for my second stay.
4 night family trip Oct 20, 2015
Chia Teck
"Good location and value for money"
Rooms are small and basic but clean. Hotel staff friendly and helpful. Good value for money, great location.
Other trip Oct 28, 2015
Alicia
"Business"
I had a very good experience at the Silk Seaview. I had a few special requests and they were provided on time. The hotel is prefectly situated close to Exit C of Yau Ma Tei MTR station and also the legendary Temple street and Nathan Road are all within walking distance. I highly recommend this hotel for a business stay.
4 night business trip Oct 12, 2015
Bradley
"Don't use their house phone"
Location is very good the room was very well lit with lots of lights. They charged you $5 for every local call if you use the house phone. We were charged $40 for 8 local calls. They have mobile phone you can use for calls local or international which they said is free of charge
4 night romance trip Sep 21, 2015
MI MAN
Room is ok.Bed comfortable. Location is near Yau Ma Tei MTR and Temple Street.My 2nd time staying in this hotel.
6 night family trip Sep 6, 2015
Kim Kee
"Decent hotel"
A decent place to stay for the price.
1 night trip Jun 23, 2015
"1 night stay."
1 night stay. Staff were professional and efficient but not friendly. Room size was comfortable for HK standards.
1 night romance trip Jul 25, 2015
Kar Lock
"Good location but ratehr small size room"
Room was very small, nothing fantastic except for the location
4 night trip Jul 23, 2015
Ricardo Choo Xia
SG
"I need to buy the hotel poor quality umbrella!"
It happened that HK was pouring when I was there. I tried to loan an umbrella and prepare to pay for a deposit. BUT the arrangement of this hotel is that they do not loan it but I have to buy it. It cost me HKD 50.00 to buy one with the hotel logo on it. The quality is very poor. It was pouring outside and dripping inside. I've been told they are big corporation and this is their policy. Indeed, I had stayed in this hotel for my last few trips in HK but this unreasonable arrangement will alter my mine for my next visit.
4 night business trip Jul 21, 2015
Hok Chung
"dirty hotel"
Pick this hotel for the location, 2 rooms and stayed 4 nights. Rooms are small as expected, no compliant. But everywhere in the rooms were dirty, dust on table & counter top. Mold is everywhere in the bath room. For couple nights, came back and found stain on bed sheet but too late to have them changed. Carpet is dirty because they don't do vacuum for all 4 days. If I didn't prepaid, I would leave on the moment entering the rooms. For the same price, you can find something close by and better than this.
Other trip Jul 22, 2015
Kerry
Convenient location to move around with MTR and direct bus to hotel. Bed very old
3 night romance trip Jul 16, 2015
Siew Choon
SG
need to improve the cleanliness of the room (such as cleanliness of blanket) so as to provide customer a comfortable stay.
3 night family trip Apr 2, 2015
Keng Keong
SG
"Good location a bit old but worth while"
Good location a bit old but worth the money. Free shuttle service to Airport Express is a plus too.
Other trip Jun 23, 2015
JC
MY
"Great location near to everything convenience"
Spent three nights at this hotel . Room was really small but sufficient for its use like shower, resting. Great location near to everything for shopping, nearby eatery and the You Ma Tei MTR . Short walking distance to Ladies night market and Temple street. Front desk staff was helpful and friendly.
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
Benny
"Great for tourists."
Small room but thays Hong Kong! Clean and close to MTR and markets. Great for tourists. Breakfast very poor Buffet selection
2 night business trip May 16, 2015
"Silka Seaview Hotel"
Quite a good place for the price. Very handy for Metro station and night markets etc. Wi Fi service very smooth and easy to access. I would stay here again. You can actually see some of the sea if you look between some tall buildings!
3 night trip May 6, 2015
william
The room was closest size, front desk staff impolite.
Other trip May 8, 2015
HK
"Stopover before a tour"
The room was very very small. I must say that it was the smallest room I have ever had in my 30+ years of travelling. The bed was very short, even for a 5 ft. 3 person. The hotel location was fine with restaurants nearby.
5 night romance trip Mar 30, 2015
"Cheer up !"
The staff generally does not wear a smile on their faces.....Make the guests feel welcome. Cheer up ! They should also provide free bottled water like other comparable hotels. It was an enjoyable stay otherwise.
1 night trip Apr 19, 2015
Direct bus to and from airport, near subway station, temple street, easy to find food around the hotel. room is a lttle small, overall is acceptable
1 night trip Apr 17, 2015
SG
"Great location and service"
We arrived at the hotel early in the morning, way before the check in time. We were so tired after a long 15-hour flight and the staffs were nice to us. Our room was not ready at that time so they gave us a small to rest and freshen up. And the staffs transferred us to a bigger room later in the afternoon. Really appreciate their help and service.
3 night romance trip Apr 8, 2015
Nice and near to MTR
4 night romance trip Apr 4, 2015
CHUA
PH
"A Very Little Room with hard beds."
We had booked a double room and were very disappointed. After a long flight which arrived at 5.30 am we had hoped to have a rest and had booked 2 nights so that we could go directly to the hotel. When we arrived we found a very small room with 2 very small single beds. They were very hard. There was only room for the beds with a table between them. The room was very small, the staff friendly but spoke very little English. They could give no assistance with directions to places.
2 night romance trip Feb 28, 2015
Christine
"Personal upgrade to suite"
We stay in a standard room for a night. We feel that the room is too cramp even for couple. We get ourselves upgraded to a suite which of course require additional cost. The suite was so much better and very spacious. Equivalent to two standards rooms. Suite is clean and tidy. Toilet is the most satifactory with a separate bathtub and shower area, including TV. Haha. We do not like the bed, when my husband turned his body, the whole bed shakes. (Not stable) Overall is satisfactory. Staff at the front desk rarely smile. They look very serious at work. Location wise is superb convenient to shop around. Grabbing food wise is everywhere near hotel. Hotel includes sending you back to Kowloon MTR which you can check in your luggage for last minutes shopping. Thumbs up.
Other trip Apr 9, 2015
Jean (SG)
SG
"good location with plenty of foods nearby"
The room here is suitable for 2 person per room as the walking space is rather limited with 2 beds, a side table and wall mount TV. But the cosiness makes up for the space constraint. It is near to Yau Ma Tei MTR station exit C, so getting around is not a problem. If you are coming from the airport via bus, take bus A21 and look out for information on where to alight. Finding food is easy as there are plenty of eateries within the vicinity and most of them close around 12am to 1am. 7-Eleven is also nearby along with McDonalds and Hui Liu Shan. So you won't go hungry. For Lego lovers and figurine collectors, there is a small mall along the main street called In's Point(bring plenty of cash and do some research of the prices prior). It's is a 5-9 minutes from the hotel or 3 mins from Yau Ma Tei station exit B1. It is located near a HSBC Bank branch(in between Mong Kok and Yau Ma Tei station, if you find yourself near Jordan you have to turn back.)
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
Eugene
"good experience"
overall is good, its very near to temple street and there are alot of restaurant nearby. the hotel also walking distand from tsim sha zui mtr station. hotel room not very big, but its clean
1 night family trip Mar 28, 2015
cheah
"Decent stay"
Nice hotel for the price. The hotel staff can wear a smile while greeting hotel guests to make them welcome.
1 night trip Mar 22, 2015
"Pleasant stay"
overall the stay was pleasant. staff helpful and willing. room was small as expected for the price in HK. hotel in good location and easy walking distance attractions. i would stay again at this hotel.
5 night romance trip Mar 7, 2015
"Enjoyable stay"
Short stay but enjoyable ! Good for the value.
1 night trip Mar 15, 2015
Garryy
"Good location, friendly staff, comfortable rooms."
The room was VERY small, but OK for me as I was on my own. The shower cubicle was tiny and as I am a bit on the large side, it made it difficult to shower comfortably. However as I was only there for one night I was happy with the room. Close to the metro and handy to markets etc. The biggest disappointment was that there was no complimentary water - I have stayed in many hotels in Hong Kong and China over the last 8 months and this is the first hotel with no complimentary. To buy their water was double the cost of what I bought outside the hotel.
1 night trip Mar 7, 2015
Ellen
EVERYONE WAS FRIENDLY AND GAVE ME ADVICE ABOUT HOW TO GET AROUND HONG KONG. IT IS VERY CONVENIENT TO THE SUBWAY AND MACDONALDS FOR BREAKFAST.
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
KAREN
HK
"good service"
Only have to upgrade the shampoo and conditioner and bedsheet to old.
3 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
Sim
"Pleasant stay"
A few min walk from Yau ma tei MTR. Very convenient and easy to find near MTR. Service was okay. Wouldn't mind coming back again.
4 night trip with friends Jan 5, 2015
Ying Ying
SG
Room is small, location is convenient every thing & mtr.
4 night trip Jan 15, 2015
"A great hotel for a stop over in Hong Kong"
We stayed here during a stop over in Hong Kong between London and Sydney. The hotel is simple to get to. We took the airport express train from the airport (180 HKD) to Kowloon, and then took a 5 minute taxi ride to the hotel (35 HKD). The hotel and room was clean and comfortable and included everything you need for a nights stay (shower gel, shampoo, hair dryer, toothbrush, toothpaste, razors). We stayed on a non smoking floor, and could not smell any smoke. The hotel is very close to the night markets, and many restaurants, which meant we could maximise our time.
Response by Silka Seaview Hotel
Thank you for your lovely comments. We are glad to learn about your wonderful stay with us and happy to note that the hotel location and services as well as facilities of the hotel is up to your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!
1 night romance trip Jan 15, 2015
Craig
"Best location, interesting night markets around"
Small room but good location and amenities, 5 mins walk to Yau Ma Teu MRT stations. Temple street just behind hotel. You will never feel bored.
Response by Silka Seaview Hotel
Dear guest, thank you so much for sharing your stay experience with us; and although we are a value-led hotel; we strive to provide as much convenient facilities as possible for our guests to ensure that they have a pleasant and memorable stay experience with us. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
2 night business trip Jan 9, 2015
"Decent hotel"
I have stayed this hotel every time i went HK. It remain its standard. Room is good for few days stay.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
SG
"Good location, nice hotel."
Hotel is easy to find. Near to many food streets. Rooms kinda small but still OK. However, on the last night there was a strong cigarette smell lingering the whole night even though my room is on the non smoking floor.
3 night family trip Jan 5, 2015
Lim
SG
Hotel is very accessible to night matket and near to good eating places.
Other trip Jan 10, 2015
SG
"A very basic hotel that has really limited space"
A very small hotel. But good enough for basic stay. Room is clean enough but really small. So don't expect much space in the room as with most hotels in hk.
4 night romance trip Dec 30, 2014
"Not too bad."
It's located at temple street quite near YaU ma tei mtr and the night markets. However until now the hotel have not credit the booking money back to my account! I have double paid! And I am waiting for an answer from my bank, silka sea view and hotels.com!!! Beware do not pay any deposit at check in if U have already paid with your care at the time of booking!!'
2 night trip Jan 4, 2015
KOH YONGJIE
"New hotel experience"
We stayed in this hotel for at least 4 times. It's not too bad, my husband loved the location, it was convenience. On the first evening that we stayed this time, we had bad experience, we were planning to go out for dinner arround 7:30pm, we could not open the room door. I called the lobby/downstairs. The manager and 2 staff came, they tried several method but they could not open the door, it was still locked. They could not opened from outside as the same for us from inside, they finally decided to break the lock and let us out, it took about 35 minutes. They kept on aplogize to us and we needed/wanted to change another room. It was dangerous if the hotel is on fire and we could not open the door. We don't have any hardship of the staff, they helped us out, but I think this hotel need to remodel and upgrade in order to give confidence to their customers. They have a lot of customers from Mainland China, they were rude and unpolite, they won't care whether you were waiting in line in the lobby, after one customer finished, they just approached to the counter. I am a service manager too, if I am the hotel personel, I will ask to see who come first, it should be first come, first serve. I don't think they aware this sitution, it happened to me at 2 times in the past stay. Overall, they are nice people, they are eager to help.
3 night romance trip Dec 28, 2014
IDA
"Close to eating place"
Stayed at Silka sea view for 5 nights. The room is small which is normal for hong kong standards. Ventilation in the room is quite bad. The aircon fan is quite loud. The house keeping service did a very good job. Location is good. About 5 mins walk to yau ma tei station. Hotel is one street behind temple street market. There are plenty of eateries and a 24 hours mart along temple street which is mostly patronized by the locals. I only tried one dim sum eatery however it is no good. If you prefer less crowd, this hotel will be good. However it is not near any shopping malls. Need to walk about 20 mins to ladies market. There is a free shuttle bus that goes to Kowloon station for the airport express train. You can even check in your luggage and get your boarding pass at the Kowloon station if you are there early. No hassle to carry the luggage on and off the train to the airport.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015