All hotels in Newburgh, New York, United States of America
1289 Route 300, Newburgh, NY, 12550, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9225

2.6
"My stay at the Ramada Inn in Newburgh"
My stay was wonderful but the morning after my night stay while my daughter and I were eating breakfast the hotel staff member that was working in the breakfast area made me feel very uncomfortable and hit on me right in front of my daughter and was very persistent in asking for my phone number.
1 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
"Unexpected stay!!! Snowed travels"
Our stay was comfortable and was unexpected because we got stuck by the snow. But we choose Ramada because this use to be our all neighborhood. We were happy to stay although first night had no WIFI, next night they had advertise music we were all looking forward to that, was cancelled. It was a bummer after all day staying indoors because of the snow. But the rest of the stay was pleasant great breakfast. Restaurants were close so we could go out and enjoy that.
2 night family trip Nov 25, 2014
Brunilda
"Fine hotel"
The hotel is fine but room could be cleaner.
1 night family trip Nov 29, 2014
Ambrezza
"Convenient"
Close to highways and business/shopping districts. Clean hotel, very nice staff, easy check-in/out.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
Cindy
"Road trip"
The hotel its old! The breakfast was poor and not fresh.
1 night trip with friends Nov 18, 2014
Jose
"Ok for one night stay"
Hotel was close to main roads, so easy access. Staff was very friendly. The condition of the hotel was disappointing-- needed updates throughout lobby and hallways. However, the room was a bit more updated and clean, and the bed was comfortable. Overall, ok experience for the cost...but if you have another $20-40 dollars to spend per night, finding another more updated place might be worth it (especially if staying more than a night).
1 night family trip Oct 25, 2014
"Ramada Review"
I found it to be an old facility that is in need of a thorough cleaning. The room was fine, but the light switch plates were dirty and had lint showing between them and the wall. I had asked for a non-smoking room via Hotels.com, but when I arrived, the hotel was sold out and I was given a smoking room (with apologies, but no other mitigation). There were noisy kids and adults in the hall until 2:00 AM, so sleeping was not an uninterrupted experience. This would not be my first choice if I return to the area and need a place to stay.
1 night family trip Oct 31, 2014
"just as expected"
It was a place to rest nothing more. Ran out of food at breakfast.Towels were like sandpaper. Steps everywhere but couldn't find an elevator? Loud. Pretty beat up
2 night family trip Oct 31, 2014
"No elevator, small bathrooms."
Mattress was very comfortable as were the pillows. The bathroom was not good; old, luke warm water, small. No elevator in the hotel. lots of steps. Will not stay again.
1 night trip with friends Oct 31, 2014
peter
"Never Again Will We Stay At A Ramanda Inn!"
When we arrived Friday night, there were two people manning the front desk and one other customer ahead of me. There was so much confusion going that it took a while for the desk clerk to finally wait on me, when he did, he was still distracted with someone on the phone. When he was done with checking me in, he did not let me know (it appeared he had something else for me to do) so I stood there waiting on him, until the lady working with him acknowledge that I was checked in. Little did I know that it would get worse. At first the heat in the room put out a small amount of heat but later during the night it blew cold air, (that is the night the temperature dropped, we were in the mountains so it gets cold) there was no blankets or extra covering in the in the closet so we spent the night huddled-up. When we reported it to the front desk the following morning, they told us they would put in a work order but no one ever came, but by that time we knew we would not be staying the extra night that we had booked. The noise outside of the rooms and next door was as if the people were in the room with us. The bed covering smelled awful, as if the pillows/bed covering had not been changed out for years, you could tell that bare bones went into the maintenance of the hotel. The lobby was shabby and well-worn, the rooms were dismal and the customer service was absolutely awful. When we checked out, no one provided an apology or even acknowledged that we canceled the extra
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
GLORIA
"Trying to shine a turd"
The room smelled horrible and there was no hot water. It was either mold mildew or both. The hotel common areas were run down and dirty. The website pictures lie. The hotel seemed like it refurbished itself as the appliance and furnishing were new. However, it was like putting a fresh coat of paint on a dirty wall or a silk dress on a dirty pig. For $150 a night I was quite disappointed.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
"Ramada Newburgh stay"
Did not provide a king non-smoking as requested. Front desk was rude and not willing to provide requested reservation. He said I should complin to Hotels.com The customer service was non-existant. I will not return to this hotel ever again!!!!
1 night romance trip Oct 31, 2014
HYUN
"Do not recommend"
No elevators. Worn facility. Stong odors. Did not attempt the breakfast in these conditions. Would expect much better at this price point. This was a disappointing make-it-do for one night.
1 night family trip Oct 24, 2014
Tamara
Hotel is very old with incredibly small room. Ceiling was covered with mold/water damage spots. Bedding and pillows were very uncomfortable. Television reception was poor. There was an event taking place so there night was disrupted by loud party goers and lots of noise well after midnight.
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
"Hotel is in very bad shape!"
Hotwl is old and run down. It had mold in bathroom and smelled really bad. The breakfast area was dirty and unsanitary
1 night family trip Oct 26, 2014
"The light switch was filthy!"
The hallways were shabby, the sheets and the bathtub had burn holes, there were no cups for water other than the coffee cups and one of those had a dirty lid. And when I checked in, I asked the clerk if they had a ground floor room. He said no, but that there was only one step. There was one step to the landing where there were three steps up to the door leading to a full flight of steps up to my room. That's 18 steps all together!
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
Anne
The hotel was not well maintained. The front desk manager was not friendly. Doors in the hotel need to be painted. Broken glass door at one of the entrances. Checked the bedding and found small candies on the mattress under the mattress pad. Corners in the room were not clean.
1 night trip Oct 25, 2014
Untener
"nice room for the price"
the room was nice, the check-in process was fast. Spotty wireless connectivity. didn't get to experience the breakfast. has a decent bar and restaurant.
1 night business trip Oct 24, 2014
"Close to stores and restaurants!"
Great location for a hotel, but the condition of the lobby and hallways was hideous. All I ever really care about is that my room is clean with comfortable bedding and spotless bathrooms. This goal was accomplished, but my walk to my room was a bit scary. Overall, the staff was pleasant and I got what I came for: a good nights sleep, but if you are looking to stay longer than one night, I might look elsewhere
Other trip Oct 26, 2014
Ann
Nice lobby, but room wasn't as nice as expected. Bathroom was run down, toilet was loose,and wallpaper was peeling. Was also told Internet was free, but was unable to connect to internet at all. Staff was nice though.
Other trip Oct 26, 2014
traveler
"Its there any quiet time at this hotel"
Could not sleep!! Unrulely people in the halls and outside the hotel. Never again !!! Where was the hotel staff
1 night trip Oct 18, 2014
michael
"thick layer of dust"
There was a thick layer of dust on all of the surfaces in the room and hair in the tub. Luckily it was a one night stay, so I just waited to shower until I got back home. People were noisy around or in the hotel, to the point that it woke me up after I had fallen asleep around 10:30pm. Our room was non smoking but the lobby smelled of smoke.
1 night trip Oct 18, 2014
"ramada newburgh"
I have already answered the previous questionnaire you sent
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
"OK place"
Main problem is that the heating and cooling device is noisy and nasty.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
"good for one night stay"
check im was quick and easy. Room was clean and amelt good. Could of used an extra blanket on the bed. There was no hot water to take a shower. Over all I was happy with the stay. Would of liked it more if the blanket and water stuff was fixed.
1 night romance trip Oct 17, 2014
"OLD and in need of up-keep. Roof leaked."
No elevator. Very limited electrical plugs. When I woke up in the morning my jacket and papers were soaked due to a leak in the roof. When I told the front desk, he seemed unconcerned about it. TV had very limited channels. In the morning I poured out a glass of milk to find it tasted "unfresh" and then noticed a bug floating in it; and while I was seeing this I noted another black piece of some foreign object floating in the milk also. I would NEVER stay there again.
Other trip Oct 18, 2014
GOOD.HAS EVERYTHING, EVEN AN IRON........ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Other trip Oct 17, 2014
Sebastian
The room felt dirty. old bed sheets, old towels. Spider webs on the ceiling. The breakfast was terrible.
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
"I will not ........"
Low maintenance, dirty
1 night family trip Oct 12, 2014
Mustaque
"Nice hotel to visit Newburgh, NY"
The Ramada staff was very helpful in making our stay in Newburgh, NY enjoyable. Rooms were kept clean and we felt very secure there with all of the locking doors even in the hallway.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
Doug
"No hot water"
No hot water for the three nights there. Could not hook up to WIFI . They just gave me a number to call and straighten it out. Lots of steps no elevator. Room was nice and large.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
Rom
"Hotel staff great - patrons are nuts."
Quick checkin. Bedroom too small for the furniture. Hotel may want to consider a smaller desk chair. Hard to get at the curtains to close them. Bathroom needs some renovations. Hotel should really provide 4 bath towels at that cost level. Staff was friendly. Wifi EXCELLENT! One reason for less than excellent grade was due to another guest almost causing a fire in the building for leaving their popcorn cooking in the microwave for 20 minutes - 1 AM the fire alarm goes off and the fire department shows up. It took another hour before the fire dept left. Had to leave by 8am so did not get a lot of sleep. Manager reported that this happens here and there so sounds like a frequent event. Continental breakfast was just ok.
2 night family trip Oct 10, 2014
"Not going to Ramada again!"
I have stayed in several Ramadas in the past. I booked this for a one night stay based on the Ramada name even though the ratings on Trip Advisor were 'so so'. The room was OK and basically clean. Our big problem was that a live band was playing in the lounge and our room was near the rear of the lounge across the interior courtyard/pool area. It would seem that the staff should ask the guests if they plan to stay up late and enjoy the live band before they assign rooms. I am sure there were several guests that were planning to stay up and party who would have been fine being given a room near the lounge. Also, the front desk staff did not respond to our complaint about the noisy neighbors or, if they did, were not effective. We asked to be moved at 10:30 pm but were told their were no rooms available. Checking out the next morning our annoyance with the lack of sleep was met with "attitude" by the young lady at the desk. She told us we needed to contact the manager on Monday. I attempted to reach the manager twice on Monday. Left a voice mail on the first try and waited 3 hours but got no reply. I spoke to someone at the front desk on the second try who assured me he would tell the manager to call me as soon as he returned. He recalled our conversation from Saturday night and even remembered that I was in room 157 without me telling him. As of 7:30 p.m. no return of my phone call. This is a franchised Ramada and I have contacted the corporate office.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"Terrible. Do not book this hotel."
The hotel is ran/managed by foreigners who struggled to check us in, and the halls all smelled like an Indian restaurant. There were tons of steps everywhere (this should be noted to anyone trying to book with handicaps), the room looked like it had hosted a fight at some point, based on the condition of the furniture. There was a 2" gap in the wall where the a/c unit had been sloppily installed. You could hear the band in the bar, and activity in your neighboring rooms clearly, all night, expect when the FALSE fire alarm went off at 1:30 in the morning, dragging us all out into the cold to wait forever. There was only enough hot water for one shower, so the other two had cold showers, and the shower was disgusting.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"Gross and Smelly"
I pulled up and before I even got out of the car called another hotel to see if they had rooms available. Decided to give it a chance since it was late at night. The lobby was outdated and dirty and no one was at the front desk. We waited for a couple minutes while listening to the club music coming from the bar downstairs. The hallways were long, dirty and smelled of stale cigarette smoke. The room at first appearance wasn't terrible until we saw the mysterious stains on the side of the armoire. Not even sure how that is possible. Will NEVER stay again, couldn't get out of there fast enough in the morning.
1 night business trip Oct 10, 2014
Nicole
"Go elsewhere"
I wouldn't recommend this place at all. They were unfriendly and rude. The Mon - smoking room was smoke filled. The breakfast we paid for was closed as we got there ten minutes before 10 am...They took the food away right in front of us. Would never stay there again or recommend it.
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
"Good on paper only"
Lobby coffee - never made. TV - took manager 20 min. to fix. Towels - tiny, thin, 2 for two people. Breakfast room - waited for coffee. Tables sticky. In-room coffee packet not sealed. Heating/cooling unit old. Manually operate all night. Edge under bath may black mold.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"Not what I expected from a Ramada!"
Staff was rude. Breakfast was terrible, even the coffee. The room was not very clean and looked like it hadn't been renovated in years. The walls are paper thin.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
Jen
"not again"
check in was very very slow, even at 10 pm. the lounge music was very very loud. the hotel entry door( entry C) appeared to have taped over bullet holes in it
1 night family trip Oct 3, 2014
robert
"Unreliable management!"
The shuttle service to the Newburg-Stewart Airport--which is on the Ramada-WestPoint website--was on the whim of management cancelled the morning I was to leave for the airport. More than one traveler had to find his or her own transportation--meaning an extra 20 to 30 dollars! Won't stay there again because the management is unreliable.
1 night business trip Oct 2, 2014
Kayla
"overpriced"
Bedroom nice, but bath room needs to b updated.
1 night romance trip Sep 27, 2014
"dump"
Only thing that was missing was people smoking crack in the hallways.Lots of other places to stay in area.
1 night business trip Sep 30, 2014
"It's all about the location"
The rooms are very small, but well-equipped. The whole hotel needs a renovation; everything is chipped and worn. Not much ventilation, just an old-school wall-mounted AC. On a weekend, the lounge is very popular- so there's lots of traffic- both people and cars.
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
jim
"Half updated Hotel"
This hotel put new furniture décor in over moldy floors, curtains and bathroom. The room needed painting and the door was broken. The bathroom had mold in the tub and didn’t appear to have been cleaned or was repaired and cleaning staff didn't go back to clean. Broken door is a safety issue and mold is a health issue! Front desk staff didn’t care and only reply was “OK”!!? Will not be back there again!!!
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
Jeanette
"Not a nice hotel for the price"
This is not a good hotel to stay in. It has broken glass doors and the hallway carpet was very dirty. The bedsheets were very rough and uncomfortable to sleep on.
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
Old and rundown. Looked like something from the 80's from the outside and just as miserable on the inside. Very disappointing.
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
After reading other reviews for this hotel I was not sure what to expect. My room was very nice, comfortable, and clean. Would not hesitate to stay here again.
Other trip Sep 25, 2014
"Never again"
The Ramada in Newburgh is very convenient, and I liked the price and the surroundings, but that's where the good stuff ends. This hotel is run-down, not well-maintained at all, and the staff, although friendly, were slow and not professional. The room had mold in the bathroom, but a decent atmosphere. At 4am, there was a fire alarm, which was difficult to hear in the room, and yet no call or sound inside the room alarm. I feel it was unsafe. The staff did a terrible job of helping their clients and did not apologize for the inconvenience.
Joan
"Close to Highways"
I thought that the building needs a little work. The rear door had a taped up broken window and the security key devise was not active, the door lock was broken so anyone could just walk in. Not happy with that. Room was clean and staff was great with what I needed. Breakfast bar was good. Price was ok.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
"should get money back!!!!"
Get to hotel and only several handicap spots, pull into a spot and a fight is happening, cops were called. check in and no a/c in lobby and it was 93 degrees, was told the a/c in rooms worked, well got to room turned on a/c unit and it took over 8 hours for room to become bareable, crawled into bed and the sheet was wripped as well as the pillowcase, then at 3:45am fire alarm went off and hall was full of smoke, fire department gave the all clear an hour later....DISGRACE that no compensation was offered.