All hotels in Santa Barbara, California, United States of America
36 W Valerio St, Santa Barbara, CA, 93101, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
"I'm Home Mom!"
I was happy with my room selection as it had a fireplace and jacuzzi in the room. Loved the robes. Breakfast was great. It was close to State Street and we did walk there but you do need your comfortable shoes!
2 night romance trip Feb 6, 2014
"A B&B that is A+"
Our first visit to the Cheshire Cat... It is a wonderfully quaint Inn that is impeccably designed and maintained for the comfort of the guests... Our room was wonderful and very comfortable... The staff was gracious, helpful and provided an excellent wine and cheese refreshment in the evening... They also offer late-night brownies and a morning breakfast ... Please consider staying here... You will be very pleasantly surprised by how effortless perfection can look.
1 night romance trip Jan 11, 2014
Richard G.
"Chesgure Cat Inn / Catterpiller room"
Very nice and enjoyable. ,Heating system worked well and was quiet. Employees were friendly andy helpful. Breakfastswere great. Our room could have used another comfortable chair. TV was too high on the wall unless you watched it from the bed.
2 night trip Jan 6, 2014
Jeanette
"Lovely house and staffs!!"
It was my first time staying in an inn like this, and I will absolutely recommend it to friends and families when they are going to Santa Barbara in the future. I spent two nights there. Every night after a lovely snack/champaign time with all those nice people, I would sit in front of the fireplace and read a book, feeling like staying at home. Every staff working there was very willing to have a pleasant conversation with you or to give you advices of diners and directions. The room I had was very clean and lovely as well.
Other trip Jan 4, 2014
"Nice B&B close to State Street"
My wife and I stayed at the Cheshire Cat Inn over Thanksgiving. We stayed in the Cheshire Cat's Room in the Main House. The room was very large, comfortable, and romantic. Had a separate shower and jacuzzi tub. The bed was a large king and very comfortable. Room was very clean. Great TV for watching some Thanksgiving weekend football and the wireless internet worked great! The only downside to the room is that it is located on the main floor in the Main House near the kitchen and dining room, so can get a bit noisy in the morning if you want to sleep in. However, it also made it extremely convenient for me to bring my wife her breakfast to the room on the days she didn't want get up that early (the staff will also bring your breakfast to your room, if you ask, but my wife pretty much views that as my job...) Although stated as a "continental breakfast", I found the choice of breakfast selections to be more than adequate. The morning they served quiche, it was delicious. Also enjoyed the wine and hors d'oeuvres served each evening as well as the chocolate chip cookies at night. Was happy that there was plenty of free parking right behind the house and that the location was just a block from State Street and all the downtown sights were within walking distance. We also took the shuttle that goes down State Street to the beach and waterfront restaurants. Would highly recommend this as a great place to stay while enjoying Santa Barbara.
Other trip Jan 2, 2014
"Fine B&B in great location"
Comfortable room, lovely property and friendly staff.
Other trip Jan 1, 2014
"Memorable Visit"
It was a well taken care of B&B and the staff, cocktail hour and breakfast were terrific. It was in a good location off State St. with nice off the street parking area. Unless you have good, healthy legs, the many steps and shallow depth stairs will be a large burden. We originally werre slated for a second floor suite but one look at our struggles on the stairs, the staff lady, Connie, let us have a cancelled reservation on the cottage for the same price. Thank goodness!
Other trip Dec 30, 2013
"A must stay!"
We had a fantastic stay at the Cheshire! Service was great, room was very clean and breakfast was fantastic! Great location! Next time we will definitely stay longer than a night!
1 night trip with friends Nov 26, 2013
Traveler
"Thanksgiving week"
Our room was the Doormouse and while it was well furnished we felt cramped. Fortunately, we spent only sleeping time there as our schedule was full but we do like to spread out a bit. We understand there are larger rooms though we only entered one other down the hall that had just been vacated. It had a balcony and that would have worked better for us. Breakfasts were superb and service was great. Met some very nice folks, as well. Easy walking distance to State Street.
Other trip Dec 6, 2013
Alan
"charming inn"
lovely b&b.
1 night trip Nov 25, 2013
"Cheshire Cat Inn is located in a wonderful area."
Flew down to LAX, rented wheels & headed to Santa Barbara & our stay st the Cheshire Cat Inn...... Why Santa Barbara? Because its a fav spot for us! And we flew down to get married at the Santa Barbara County Clerks Office on Wed. Nov 20th. Found the Cheshire Cat Inn on line when we were checking for places to stay and the look of the place really spoke to us. As it were, the room we'd originally wanted was under some construction, so we were upgraded to the "Alice" room. LOVED it! With it's deck & view of the gardens, gazebo with hot tub (and yes - we did have an evening soak) and everything.
Other trip Nov 27, 2013
Sandy
"Couldn't have been nicer"
We were delighted with the Cheshire Cat Inn in every way. The staff was very attentive and helpful. Suzanne and Connie were kind and informative hostesses. The kitchen is busy all day with cookies baking and preparations for evening hors d'oeuvre, wine and tea. The location is great, near all civic attractions, set in a mostly Victorian neighborhood of beautifully maintained old homes. I enjoyed the hot tub in the garden gazebo after a day of exploring Santa Barbara. We stayed in the Dormouse Room which had everything we needed for a comfy stay. Even my husband was pleased with this Inn and that is something!
1 night trip Oct 31, 2013
Sandra Hills
"Cheshire Cat"
A great place to stay. Very clean, welcoming and well located. My only observation us that the cost for the size if the room is perhaps slightly on the high side, but we would definitely stay again.
1 night business trip Oct 8, 2013
Laurence
"st barbara b&b"
We really enjoyed our stay - sorry we only had one night. Hostess recommendation for dinner was great. We enjoyed the jacuzzi. Wine & appetizers were delicious. Lovely breakfast. Very walkable city. Street noise quieted down during night.
1 night family trip Oct 3, 2013
jane
"Beautiful place, feels like visiting your mama:-)"
The best hotel stay experience in my life. So special, so warm. Will come back!
Other trip Sep 23, 2013
yuliana
"Excellent - loved this place!"
Went to Santa Barbara from San Diego by train to see Steely Dan at the Santa Barbara Bowl. The Innkeeper was friendly and the accommodations were clean and cozy. We walked or took short cab rides everywhere and it was in a peaceful residential neighborhood which made it feel like we were coming "home" each night. Breakfasts were delicious and Connie, the Innkeeper was very personable. Highly recommend them and will definitely stay here again on our next trip to Santa Barbara.
Other trip Aug 27, 2013
Jill
"Great Place, but noisy traffic"
Very nice Bed and Breakfast. Great service and food. Only issue was traffic noise as the Hotel sits on the corner of a busy one way street. Cars pass by at 45 miles an hour all night long .Very loud as the historic nature of the building does not allow for dual glazed windows. It is a nice place, just take earplugs.
2 night trip Aug 11, 2013
"Wonderful B & B."
Wonderful Staff and facilities. We loved the evening get together.and reading a book in the garden.
Other trip Aug 10, 2013
"Nice property."
Last minute booking. Very accomodating B & B, nice touches.
Other trip Aug 9, 2013
US traveler
"Lovely inn"
Very lovely old house. Nice rooms. Good breakfast. Kind hostess. Only downside, walls are thin, but it was not a problem. It depends on your neighbours...
3 night romance trip Jul 26, 2013
LC
"Super cute B&B"
Super cute, a bit outdated but the service makes up for that!... It's like staying with friends that are pros in entertaining and are eager to make you feel home! I WILL be back!!
Other trip Aug 4, 2013
MEfan
"Sweet"
Immaculate and charming. Loved the grounds, the hot tub, the quiet, the very pleasant and helpful staff.
1 night trip Jul 29, 2013
"Super charming B and B"
Cozy Victorian inn just blocks from downtown Santa Barbara. Beautiful gardens and outdoor spa. Traffic noise during day, but much quieter at night. Western-facing room was hot in afternoon, but cooler at night. No AC, but fan helped cool room. Hostesses were very welcoming and helpful. Food was delicious.
2 night trip Jul 27, 2013
Mimi
"A great experience"
I didn't want to leave the garden area. Staff was outstanding
1 night trip Jul 25, 2013
"Lovely stay"
My boyfriend & I came here & had a lovely time. I'd recommend staying here.
2 night trip Jul 12, 2013
"Pleasantly surprised"
Booked this last minute when I had an emergency stay in Santa Barbara. Most hotels in town were booked. I knew nothing of the place and grabbed the last room left. I arrived at 11pm very tired and weary. The place was lovely as were the people. It was a charming B&B and I was so glad to find this lovely respite on such short notice. I would definitely come back again.
1 night trip Jul 10, 2013
"The Perfect B&B"
This Inn has it all! The Inn itself is beautiful and meticulously maintained, with cozy rooms, a quaint courtyard and blossoming garden. The daily breakfast has ham, cheese, boiled eggs, fruit cups, yogurt, cereal, homemade banana bread or scones and something hot from the kitchen. At 5:00, after a day of biking, whale watching, beaching or shopping (all excellent), be sure to have the complimentary wine and snacks, such as cheese, deviled eggs, crudités, and bruschetta (among other tasty offerings). A dip on the hot tub before or after dinner is delightful...and before bed they offer freshly baked cookies and brownies! All the extras, and the loving attention to detail, make this a real value as well. And the icing on the cake is the friendly and helpful staff, the free parking and free WiFi. Perfect!
4 night business trip Jun 29, 2013
Kate
We stayed at Mock Turtle. Even though it's a smaller room than most, it still has room for a small round table and two chairs. Very cozy and intimate. Bed is very comfortable and better than most hotel beds. Love the small blue flowers wall paper and the periwinkle bathroom walls. Didn't notice traffic noise as the windows face the quieter street. Hotel provides wonderful hors-d'œuvre including wine and cheese during happy hour. Coming back in the evening, we were pleasantly surprised to see some brownies treats by the front door as late night snack. The next morning, we were offered a very good continental breakfast in bed. Overall a most wonderful experience. The romantic hotel grounds will certainly tempt us to come back again in the future.
1 night trip May 31, 2013
"relaxing"
Had a great stay. It is within a mile to mission, downtown, parks, restaraunts etc. Spa, grounds, and lots of snacks were wonderful.
2 night trip May 31, 2013
"Great little B&B"
I've never stayed in a B&B before because I heard creepy things. This place set the bar high for my first B&B experience. Pleasant atmosphere, great restored building, nice garden... this place has it all. The food was awesome, and they even through a little garden happy hour daily which was unexpected and nice. Awesome parking lot on site. Wifi was free and worked well. I felt like I came home when I got here as was welcomed with open arms. Mad Hatter room was quite nice, good size, and nice view to the neighborhood. A+ all around!
2 night family trip May 24, 2013
JC
"convenient & comfortable"
Had a wonderful time!
2 night romance trip May 10, 2013
Very pleasant and helpful staff, rooms were very clean, we felt it was worth the price
2 night romance trip May 8, 2013
JHM
"A charmer"
Charming place; very nice staff. Pretty outdoor garden with chairs and chaise lounges.
Other trip May 1, 2013
"A homey little stay!"
A lovely, homey place. They worked very hard to keep us happy. A few little kinks need to be worked out in terms of after-hours coverage, and I wish the room had a bathtub. Other than that, we felt very nurtured there, and would return.
Other trip Apr 30, 2013
Sandy
"We'll definitely be back!"
We loved the Cheshire Cat Inn. The rooms were very clean and quiet, the food was terrific in the morning, and we enjoyed getting to know some of the other guests. We stayed in the Mad Hatter room, which we found to be cozy and comfortable. It's on the side of building facing the street. We were not bothered by street noise, but if you are the type of person who would be, then ask for a room away from the street. Street noise is very modest, anyway, since the inn is not right on State Street. Also, regarding the location, the inn is just a block off of State Street, and about 3 blocks away from where State Street starts to get interesting. So, you're very close, but not right in the hustle and bustle. We'll be back at some point!
2 night romance trip Mar 22, 2013
"Wonderful weekend away in our home town"
We live about 45 minutes away, but work and play in Santa Barbara. For our anniversary we decided we wanted to be able to stay up late, see live music, without the long drive home. The Cheshire Cat Inn was a lovely option for us. The 5:00 wine and cheese hour was a treat. The room was nice (the beds were comfortable, but not the pure luxury we are use to in some hotels). The Sunday breakfast was delicious.
1 night trip Feb 23, 2013
"Wonderful Weekend Stay"
My fiancé came here over the weekend to recharge our batteries and to strengthen our bond. Cheshire Cat Inn provided the best setting and ambience to make that happen. The inn and our room was decorated beautifully and the inn keepers were the most gracious in attending to our needs. The location was away from busy downtown but close enough to walk to.
2 night romance trip Feb 22, 2013
Vanessa
"a nice place to stay"
Overall, it was a nice stay. Breakfast was nice, but not tops for a B&B. Same is true for hospitality. It was odd that the evening inn keeper kept speaking about other guests (at first we thought she was kidding). The afternoon wine and apps was a nice touch along with the cookies and cake at night.
3 night trip Dec 29, 2012
"Lovely little B&B"
My bf and I stopped at the Cheshire Cat for one night on our way up the coast. I wish we could have stayed longer! The price for the room was extremely reasonable, the customer service was wonderful, great location walking distance to the downtown, the breakfast was delicious (french toast and baked apples... mmm), and the room was cute and cozy. Would come back!
1 night romance trip Nov 30, 2012
"Cozy and comfortable!"
Our room was cozy and comfortable and the hostess on staff made appetizers for everyone to enjoy. It was great!
1 night trip Dec 1, 2012
Very romantic and relaxing. Loved the Sun breakfast!
Other trip Dec 3, 2012
"Quaint, cozy and romantic"
We stayed in the Eberle room - it had a fireplace and a hot tub. It was sweet. Very romantic. The girlfriend enjoyed it quite a bit. The Inn is actually several buildings and the whole "estate" is very nice. Everything seemed clean and the decor was thoughtful. I'd recommend it!
Other trip Nov 24, 2012
Ricky
"Wonderful!"
We had a wonderful experience! It is a very clean and lovely BnB!
Other trip Nov 12, 2012
"Pleasurable Experience"
Good location but no parking except on street. Nice and helpful staff. Rooms very clean but uncomfortable cough and hard mattress.
3 night trip Nov 1, 2012
"Charming, Clean, Comfortable, Perfect!"
This was my third visit to the Cheshire Cat and as usual it did not disappoint! The rooms are cozy, comfortable and tastefully decorated. Complimentary wine and apps in the evening and a very lovely breakfast included in the morning. I not only will come back and visit again but recommend this lovely Inn to friends.You aren't in the center of town but a few blocks a way and walking distance from some fantastic restaurants (Bouchon!).
1 night trip Nov 2, 2012
Brooke
"Great B&B. would return"
We loved this quaint B&B. friendly staff and great accommodations. Hope to return.
2 night romance trip Oct 19, 2012
"Amazing Staff, Very clean, make sure you stay here"
My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights and This place was more pleasurable than expected. The home and staff are A++ superstars. Great breakfast every morning, the hot food was pretty amazing and the 5pm wine and snacks is an awesome touch. The patio is comfortable and they have a pretty garden area. If you are in the area and need a place to stay, I definitely recommend this place. its a block from state street and all of the shopping, restaurants, etc... the only cons: = It was warm during our stay, there is no air conditioning, except for a fan sitting on the floor. Screens on the windows to keep bugs out would help to leave the windows open during the night. =The bed was unconfortable, it could be that I think they are all uncomfortable since I sleep on a temperpudic cloud supreme mattress at home. ;-)
Other trip Oct 11, 2012
"great welcoming inn"
I'm not usually the biggest fan of Inns or B&Bs but I loved the Cheshire Cat. The service was outstanding; the rooms were really nice and it was overall a really pleasant stay. Free parking. Brownies in the evenings. Walking distance to everything. I cannot fault the place. Great spot!
Romance trip Oct 1, 2012
christine
"very comfortable spacious retreat"
We stayed in the Woodford cottage, my wife fell in love with it. Everything was spotlessly clean. Was basically a small house with everything you could want, small kitchen, bathroom, 2 bedrooms, living room. Nice hot tub as well. Only complaint was the noise (near State Street) not a fault of the room and the living room couch and the bed were uncomfortable. Everything else was perfect.
Other trip Sep 25, 2012
"Nice place to relax as you visit Santa Barbara"
Romantic getaway with most rooms having a large tub-jacuzzi. Pillows need help, though.
Other trip Sep 11, 2012