All hotels in San Bruno, California, United States of America
850 El Camino Real, San Bruno, CA, 94066, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.5
    2.3
    2.4
    2.4
"barely worth the money"
It's close to the airport...and that is it
1 night business trip Apr 29, 2014
"low income apt type of motel maybe..."
The motel office opens 24 hours per sign at the entrance, but nothing there except counter. When we push ring button, a guy came over from inside to open lock. We got card key after showing driver license. We went to the room, then noticed some people actually 'live' here as weekly rental apt. The room is made to live as closet in the bath room is so large. Its cheap motel. It was relatively clean in the room but I dont want to go back there to stay over night.
1 night trip Mar 22, 2014
"disappointed"
AWFUL PLACE!!!
1 night trip Feb 26, 2014
Rosy
"It will do for a one-night stayover."
I missed my 10:30 PM connecting flight home and had to stay overnight. Most hotels were sold out (or asking $299 for a Best Western). So I stayed at the Budget Motel. The owners were nice and arranged a cab for my early morning ride back to the airport. The place is old, but clean. Well worth saving $200+.
1 night trip Jan 14, 2014
"You can do better"
It's okay if there are no other hotel rooms available.
Other trip Dec 16, 2013
Kurt
"last place available on peninsula"
well it literally was the last place, not in a good location, room was terrible. walked in and literally turn around and walked out. dirty, shower rusted and leaking bed old and sagging. Do not book. should be removed from hotels.com
1 night trip Nov 6, 2013
"Family Run Operation - For Better or Worse..."
This motel is very conveniently located about a mile from the Tamfram shopping plaza & 380. It is operated by a family and they were very, very nice. The challenge however, was that when I checked in the thermostat wasn't working. I brought it to the attention of the operators twice during my stay, but it was never corrected. The room then had no heat during my four day stay. On the plus side, it was by far the largest room that I've rented in over 20 trips to the SFO / SJC area. I would have easily given them a 4-5 if the heat would have been fixed. Fortunately, the weather was warmer and it never got to be too uncomfortable.
4 night business trip Oct 17, 2013
T
"Scary night"
The stay was uncomfortable and scary. I woke up every 30 minutes scared that someone would come in. Not worth the lack of peace of mind.
Other trip Oct 30, 2013
R
"if you need just sleep and go..."
No internet, one channel on TV. Coffee and everything around the corner. At least they keep it clean.
2 night trip Oct 22, 2013
l.trushina
"dump"
place to sleep for a few nights
4 night trip Oct 21, 2013
"Clean, budget motel"
For those on a tight budget, this motel is fine. Clean and decent sized rooms, no extras.
1 night trip Oct 17, 2013
"Close to chili's"
Everyplace convienent. Bed so hard my back hurted. Big rooms o.k.
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
tony
"Over Night Stay"
We were up early to catch a plane, but the Budget Motel should be classified as "dumpy" Lots of things needing finish completion. Old Place. I would not stay there again.
Other trip Oct 6, 2013
Reception could be friendly- a smile costs nothing. Fridge & Microwave, sofa & table really appreciated. Some cups & plates would have been a great help. we asked for a quiet room and it was except for airplanes which we expected close to airport. no attempt to make the outside area welcoming. Funny old buildings but we were comfortable, close to Mall & BART was good. Good value for the money.
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
"You get what you pay for"
Relatively cheap hotel near SFO airport. OK for a nights sleep if your flight leaves early. 24h service. No Wi-Fi. Parking was full. Noice from traffic and airplanes.
1 night trip Sep 23, 2013
"Close to the shopping center."
We didn't stay, room was not clean.
1 night romance trip Sep 14, 2013
Budget hotel
"Very old and dirty"
I'm ok with older, outdated places but they have to both look and seem CLEAN and cared for. This place was gross--mildew on the walls and ceilings, lots of old dirt on walls and horizontal surfaces, dirty carpet, tub ceramic worn through so that it both looks dirty and can't really be cleaned, mystery smears on the walls. Wall and other repairs had been done haphazardly and not even made to blend in. Walls had a couple different colors of paint from patch jobs of some kind. The entire room had a weird food/cooking smell as if it had a kitchen in it, which it didn't. The refrigerator had been turned off and the door closed and so it had mildew in it and so we weren't interested in putting our food in there. On a positive side, the room was spacious and quiet (all cinderblock walls).
Other trip Sep 17, 2013
Babette
"disappointed"
At best this rating should be about 1 1/2 stars. Although the room was okay, the cleanliness of room was "good", the frig was unplugged and shut up tight, there was mold growing in it. I carry Clorox wipes and fabreeze spray, and was able to clean it so that we could use it. I did mention this to one of the house cleaning staff. (refrigerators need to be left open if unplugged. Parking is hazardous at best, and not really enough room to be really safe with the traffic right on El Camino Real. The staff was friendly I'm just glad I wasn't planning to stay there for more than a couple of nights. Also right in "Flight path" of SFO, your room echo from the planes over head. Although the location is convenient
2 night trip Sep 6, 2013
"Cheap but Big Rooms, close to SFO airport"
The room was fairly cheap. I payed $75. It was worn down, but seemed to be clean. The room was very big though, bigger than I would ever expect from a 1-star or even 3-star maybe. I guess the room was about 50 square meters, which is quite big. Anyway, I enjoyed my stay there, but don't expect too much.
1 night business trip Sep 2, 2013
"Economical and close to BART"
San Fran is expensive to visit! .... looked for low cost simple bed and bath for 2 nights. No frills, and I'm ok with that. No wifi, no gym, no breakfast,no long distance phone..... nothing fancy.... just a clean room with a bed and bathroom. GREAT !
Other trip Sep 7, 2013
Was only one night, and was ok
1 night trip Aug 30, 2013
awful. I ready called in and told your staff that this motel should be removed from your listing.
1 night trip Aug 28, 2013
"Close to the airport and for a very good price"
Nice hotel, rooms are wery big, probably remade from garages, but again - very nicely made. It´s close to the airport and that´s why we chose it. Room and bathroom were clean and personnel was nice.
1 night trip Aug 28, 2013
Small rooms, poorly maintained. No water pressure in the shower, when another room turns on the water your water gets so hot it burns. Airplanes fly so low the building seems to shake
7 night business trip Aug 22, 2013
Elliot
"Close to SF airport"
This was an overpriced budget motel for what it offered. It is extremely tired...carpets are dirty, walls were stained and showed mould spots. The bath had lost part of its surface and an amateurish attempt had been made to repair it. The worst motel I've stayed in.
2 night trip Aug 23, 2013
Phil
"Just awkward"
Dark place and like warehouse. I def never stay here anymore!!!
Other trip Aug 23, 2013
"Clean, no frills, unusual building"
Most importantly, the room was very clean and the bed was comfortable at a very affordable price for the Bay Area. TV channels are limited. The inside of the buildiing looks like it may have been a barracks at one time...very unusual. No complaints for my 1-night stay.
1 night trip Aug 10, 2013
Cindy
"Unpleasant Motel"
The staff were not helpful, the door had to be pushed hard to be closed, blankets looked very old, the clothe closet's lock did not work, the bathroom was dirty, the air conditions made a big noise that I had to turn off instead, and no iron available.
Other trip Aug 19, 2013
"You get exactly what you pay for, if not more."
The Budget Hotel was actually pretty great. For $60 a night i was expecting a travesty of a hotel. It is not super nice, but everything is definitely acceptable. The room was large, both the a/c and heat worked, it had satellite tv, a large king size bed, a very large bathroom, microwave and mini fridge, was very clean and was in a great location. It is only 6 minutes from the airport and 5 minutes from the nearest BART station. The Budget Motel is not the nicest place you will ever stay, but for the price and location it is easy and very good place for the night.
Other trip Aug 14, 2013
"San Francisco near the airport"
It was a place to sleep but what a dive and too expensive
1 night trip Aug 9, 2013
"cheap place by the airport"
kind of an older place and a little behind in repairs. first time I ran out of hot water at a motel but there was enough.
Other trip Aug 10, 2013
"could not stay"
could not stay, room not fit to stay in. did not feel safe. had to find another place.
Other trip Aug 8, 2013
Brandi
"The worse hotel ever!"
Trust me, if we could've had another option to stay somewhere else we would had. Slept in our clothes on top of covers on the bed! Room had odor. Dirty walls through out the room. Shower curtain had mold on it! Rusted out shower and tub. Less than half roll toilet paper with no replacement rolls. Had wall unit for heater that 1) was suppose to be silver. It was almost completing black and beat in. 2) didn't work. With the walls being concrete the heater would of been nice. Will never go to that hotel nor would I recommend to anyone!
1 night business trip Jul 31, 2013
Carrie
"Average"
The "hotel" is not bad ata all, it was my first time in San franciscoand the location was good. Near the airportand 15 min from SF. The rooms are big and clean. But still a motel. It was me and my 10 year old kid only.
5 night family trip Jul 22, 2013
Dixon
"Horrible place"
Never stay there, place is over priced and in very poor condition. Poor part of town, didn't feel safe with the parking right in the street.
1 night trip Jul 15, 2013
"Budget Price"
It was budget at best. Run down and facility needs renovation. Location to SFO is ideal.
1 night business trip Jul 15, 2013
"Last Resort"
When I missed my flight I needed a room for the night. For the price paid, $233, it should have been higher quality. The door looked like someone had broken in and it was never repaired. I put the chair against the door because I was afraid someone would break in. The bathtub had been coated and was peeling, making me forego a bath.
Other trip Jul 18, 2013
Janet
"Scary!"
The room was clean and large but the outside and the long term residents looked scary. I was afraid for me and my 2 year old's safety so we left without a refund.
1 night trip Jul 6, 2013
"There was no internet."
There was no internet in the room, we asked for an extra towel and never was there. The bath was dirty and the car needs to stay outside near the street.
Other trip Jul 14, 2013
"The name says it all..."
All the hotels in the area were booked so I didn't have much of an option by midnight or 1am, so I was relieved when I even FOUND this place... As soon as I got a look at it, though, my relief washed away and I thought 'Oh, it's gonna be one of THOSE nights...' The Indian receptionist (who seemed to be the matriarch of the family who runs the place) was obviously peeved with having to help me check in and any subsequent questions I had. She had the air of an annoyed aunt who's displeased with the mannerless offspring of one of her siblings and only refrains from yelling at you because you're not hers. She was the least 'GOOD' part of the stay. The room seemed like the accommodations for adult counselors at a summer camp. It was roomy enough, though, with an oddly large and slightly confusing bathroom area...
1 night business trip Jun 19, 2013
DeWalt
"No Wifi. Smells bad. Not very welcome.Rusty shower"
Not good. The room smell wasn't good. Yet, good t.v
Other trip Jul 9, 2013
shak
"Over-priced for what you get"
I just needed to take a break and get some sleep before continuing my long drive. The bed smelled clean. I should've brought ear plugs as jets fly over until about 3am. No microwave or fridge, and the office was locked at 730am so I don't know if they had coffee in "the lobby". I compare it to Alcatraz, plained white, not updated, but kind of clean. Over-priced, seriously, for what you get.
1 night trip Jun 26, 2013
Patti
"Adequate and functional"
The "Budget Motel" was indeed what it claimed to be, a place to book an inexpensive motel room. Although it is not in San Francisco itself it was a brief walk to the BART station to take me there or to the airport when I departed. When I visit a city, I spend very little time in my hotel room so I don't want to pay for a lot of amenities. I don't need a pool, I don't need a gym, I don't need a bar. I do need a room with a lock on it and a clean bead and bathroom and Budget Motel provided that for a reasonable price.
Other trip Jun 24, 2013
"AWFul"
Don't ever go there!
1 night business trip Jun 18, 2013
dan
"budget motel"
for a room to just sleep wash and relaxe in it was a good room.
Other trip Jun 21, 2013
kristy
"Budget Hotel? Better to call it Hotel Rude"
Lady receptionist(owner?) was unpleasant, rude and abrupt. The next day my report on a slow toilet leak ,not bothersome to me but costing the owners wasted water bill, was received with the attitude" why bother me?".
Other trip Jun 15, 2013
Kenneth
"Very old but perfectly acceptable"
Easy check in on early evening arrival. Room was old and drafty but clean and safe. Just down the street from Chili's.
Other trip Jun 14, 2013
Ron
"great for 1night to be close to SFO 4 am flights"
Every thing was fine. .. the room was clean..no bad smells .. the bed was harder than my liking.. But I would stay there again ... it was quiet. Well worth thE $60.00...
Other trip Jun 12, 2013
Debbie
"Never Again!"
Dingy bed, sheets and covers. Cold night and no heat.
Other trip Jun 8, 2013
"never again"
No amenities. TV had one channel. No coffee. no ice. no pool. Cheap and convenient to airport.
1 night trip May 17, 2013