All hotels in Ogunquit, Maine, United States of America
17 Post Road, Ogunquit, ME, 03907, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Nice view from the balcony
2 night family trip Aug 17, 2015
"HOW DO YOU TREAT LOYAL CUSTOMERS?"
AFTER COMING TO THE PLANTATION FOR OVER 10 YEARS, YOU WOULD THINK WE WOULD HAVE A COMPARABLE ROOM! WE ARRIVED ON WED AND WERE SHUNTED OFF TO THE 3RD DECK. TOTING LUGGAGE AND JUST CLIMBING THE THREE FLIGHTS OF STAIRS MADE THIS A CHORE. EVEN GETTING ICE, MEANT GOING THREE FLIGHTS UP AND DOWN - AND TO ANOTHER BUILDING. SO MUCH FOR TAKING CARE OF LOYAL CUSTOMERS!
2 night business trip Aug 19, 2015
flo
"Surprisingly disappointing for the price."
This hotel was surprisingly poor for the rate. At $200/night we expected a nice hotel, but this was a real disappointment. Kudos to whoever took the pictures to make this hotel look so beautiful. In reality, it sits on a swamp/marsh (still pretty, but not the picturesque blue water pictured) and the rooms are poorly lit (off-color CFL bulbs) and dinky. Plus, our room smelled like a combination of mold and feline urine that was pervasive and downright unpleasant. When we alerted the staff, they offered to put us in another room that a previous guest had rejected - not sure how that was a solution. It's also located pretty far away from the action (and it currently sits adjacent to a large construction site), so expect to travel a bit to get anywhere interesting. Recommendation: Book elsewhere.
1 night romance trip Aug 16, 2015
Austin
"A very Comfortble Night"
Stayed overnight after seeing a show at the Ogunquit Playhouse. Was super convenient, easy to get in and out of. Room was very clean and quite comfortable for 3 adults. Lovely shared deck/balcony overlooking the Carson Wildlife refuge and Ogunquit river. My one gripe is the difficult lock on the room door (they are all sliders on the upper floors of the buildings), it really didn't lock well from the outside. The front desk folks we're wonderful and made sure we knew when the trolley stops were and locals went for dinner.
1 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
Alex
"Budget Hotel"
This is a budget hotel in a great area - close to the beach, the town, the trolley. It does have a view, the breakfast good, mattress comfortable and it has Kerog coffee. Don't stay in the building nearest the pool as you will have to walk down a driveway, then up, up, up 1 - 2 flights of stairs. Also, it is surrounded by alot of construction.
1 night trip with friends Aug 16, 2015
"Great view from the balcony every day at any time."
Stayed here years ago and it's much nicer now. Beds are super comfortable. A bit weird to go in through a sliding glass door, but being able to sit on the balcony every day first thing in the morning and in the afternoon or evening made it worth it. Breakfast was the same every day but good -- I felt nourished having a hard boiled egg each morning and alternating between waffles, cereal and toast. We brought some berries with us to breakfast the last few days and I would definitely do that again. Breakfast staff was very conscientious, as were the ladies who cleaned the room. Being able to kayak from the lawn was great the morning we did that -- next time we'll try the paddle boards! Thank you.
Other trip Aug 15, 2015
"Fair hotel with semi ocean view"
Room was clean with comfortable bed, small bathroom but clean (some towels & shower curtain were stained), had a ceiling leak outside of room door in hallway with bucket & pieces of ceiling all over floor which was not cleaned up during our stay for 4 days, breakfast was not too great -very limited choices & not allowed to bring anything out of dining area. Had to call desk first day there to have our room cleaned & new towels brought in. Overpriced for what you get
Other trip Aug 15, 2015
Tori
Very Nice
5 night romance trip Aug 6, 2015
"Annual trip to see the Perseids"
We've been to Ogunquit River Inn a number of times over that last few years. It has always been a solid choice for a stay. However, when we returned this time it was to a surprise! They totally renovated the main building and updated all the hotel rooms. It was money well spent. The rooms were comfortable, stylish (not something we tend to look for, but well-enjoyed), and well-appointed. The charging station near the beds was very useful for our tech-heavy family! Another, more important point. The staff was wonderful. We had planned to go on Tuesday to see the stars. There was a massive rain storm rolling in. I was able to switch to Wednesday (and beautiful clear skies) easily with just a phone call. The staff was super helpful, polite, and kind. We will be returning again and again!
1 night family trip Aug 11, 2015
super friendly staff. comfortable beds.
1 night trip with friends Aug 8, 2015
"Weekend getaway"
Stay was good. Breakfast menu needs improvement. Also, road construction in front of hotel was difficult to navigate at times. Shared balcony with bachorlette party, very noisy !
2 night romance trip Aug 7, 2015
Dennis
You would never know from the outside how nice the Oguinquit River Inn is on the inside! The rooms are so nice and feel brand new. The staff were all so nice and helpful, and the breakfast was great too! Our only wish is that the location was a little closer to downtown, but the trolley gets the job done and for the price of the hotel, it was perfect for our stay!
1 night romance trip Aug 8, 2015
"Family vacation"
Great location. Close to restaurants, shops and the beach. Room was clean and beds made by the time we came back from the days activities. The continental breakfast was ok. We felt like it needed just a little more variety but what was there was filling.
4 night family trip Aug 4, 2015
"Hope to return"
We stayed three nights at the Inn. The staff was friendly and helpful, the rooms comfortable and incredibly clean, and the location was excellent and central to many things to enjoy in the area. We wish we had a few nights more. We hope to return to this newly renovated property--it was excellent in every way.
3 night family trip Aug 5, 2015
"Nice view...but not a whole package"
My family stayed here for 4 nights/5 days. I have two small children (2 and 8 months). The rooms are updated and look very modern. There is ample space in each room. The view cannot be beat during sunset and my husband took advantage of the kayaking right off the back of the property. It is a great location near both Wells and Ogunquit. Pool was nice, even though it was a little small. The negatives... First off, the rooms were NOT cleaned to my standards. My daughter crawls, so I noticed that there were many pieces of trash from previous occupants. They also did not vacuum the floors each day. Another major issue was the plumbing. You can hear the faucets and toilets from every single room around you. It kept us up each night. Overall, it was decent. If I went back to the area, I would consider a different hotel.
Other trip Aug 8, 2015
"Not a complainer."
Everything was good except carpet was so dirty my white socks turned black with two trips the bathroom.
Other trip Aug 6, 2015
"Nice hotel but a few issues"
Nice hotel. They are still remodeling. It says remodeled but hopefully they will continue to bathrooms. Not horrible but could be nicer. Very nice and helpful staff. Ok breakfast. Nice pool. Loved that you could kayak from hotel. Very comfortable bed. Cons: Musty smell. Read other reviews so picked top floor but still had smell. May just be area?? I am sensitive to smell so used air freshener whenever we came back to room. Hotel actually allowed a kids camp to stay at hotel so lots of teenage drama like slamming doors, swearing, jumping on floors for 3 days. Very strange that the hotel allowed under age kids in rooms like that. Never heard of a camp based from a hotel?? I would ask before booking if they will have a camp there at that time. I was under the impression this was done previously too. There were counselors but still greatly outnumbered by kids. Mentioned getting discount to hotel staff and they said no but we were angels for tolerating ??? Power went out last night of stay and was given 15 percent off the one night. Only happened in one building so kindof strange. 3rd building would be difficult for people who have a hard time getting around. Building at the bottom of a steep incline. Hotel located between Wells and Ogunquit. Beautiful Area!!
Other trip Aug 6, 2015
"Great vacation"
Very nice and relaxing. Staff was friendly and rooms were way nicer than the other places on route 1. Will return
1 night family trip Aug 2, 2015
Kate
"Great find"
A thunderstorm knocked out power the day we arrived and the hotel credited everyone with a discount which we didn't even ask for, but appreciated. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. Breakfast was really nice as were the pool and hot tub. The hotel was close to town and the beach, and had kayaks and paddle board rentals on site which the kids really enjoyed. We would definitely stay again!
1 night family trip Jul 30, 2015
"Clean but no frills."
We wanted to spend a night in Ogunquit and to be honest I thought the hotel was much closer to the beach and shops. It's about a mile up the road, which isn't terrible but you still need to wait for the trolley or pay to park in town. It looks nice in the pictures and there is the river right behind it, but it's basically a slightly updated motel. The rooms are very bare, and they stock the same grooming products as places like the Days Inn, etc. The breakfast is also pretty spartan, with nothing beyond the very basics. Ogunquit is a very upscale place and for a good price this might be worth it, but it's not a luxury hotel in any sense of the word.
1 night family trip Aug 2, 2015
Hotel was very comfy, staff was nice, great included breakfast
Other trip Aug 5, 2015
jeff
"Lovethisplace!!"
This hotel was perfect. It was very clean. The beds were comfortable and extra blankets and pillows were available on a shelf -no need to call the lobby. The 2 woman at the front desk were also wonderful. They were very welcoming and made you feel like home .. We had rooms in which the balconies were connected outside this was fun because there were 15 of us.!!the view was amazing morning or night! Too long of a walk to the beach so we took the trolley which picked you up right outside the hotel. And that was even fun! I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.also added bonus there is a mini fridge and mini keurig in every room!!
1 night trip with friends Aug 1, 2015
"Nice quiet and relaxing summer vacation"
It was beautiful weather and hotel was very nice situated in a peaceful setting. Good place for folks who want to relax. Room was very nicely decorated. Clean and comfortable
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
kathy
"Nice location"
We stayed for a weekend in a river view room with balcony, a beautiful view, and nice grounds with picnic tables and grills, I saw some families using them. The pool area was fine, nothing outstanding, just normal, although they are building condos next to pool, it really didn't interfere, not sure how it would be during the week though. The staff was very nice and helpful, and stay included breakfast, which is a nice feature. The rooms were very nice, bathroom could use some updating, tub was stained. FIrst night we had no cups for Kuerig machine, and we staying 2 nights, we did not get additional shampoos etc, even though we had used them. So just a few little things, and it would have been perfect.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
Ruth
Great stay. Had the room next to the waterfall with a great view . . .the kayaking was great too . .. .
1 night romance trip Jul 31, 2015
Lita
"Convenient location with view of creek tidal river"
Very relaxing and enjoyable. Room was good. Common areas fair.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
The renovations look great, room was comfortable, the top floor views were beautiful. We didn't realize there was a pool/jacuzzi and an area for picnicking and grilling in the back. Only complaint is they could've done a better job cleaning the bathroom. But overall we had an enjoyable stay.
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
Christa
"Nice hotel close to center of town."
Staff was helpful and polite. Good breakfast included, and very nice clean just remodeled rooms. I would stay there again.
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
Jena
Very nice
1 night romance trip Jul 23, 2015
Ralph
"Be aware..no elevators and precarious stairs"
We were given a room that was two very precarious flights up outside. We had to carry our own luggage down in the rain. We were not tod of this in advance. The room was nice and the view very good...but anyone going shoud request a room on the first floor if you don't want to carry luggage...no elevators!
1 night trip with friends Jul 25, 2015
"Good hotel for being close to Beaches"
It was a good location for Footbridge and Moody Beach. The beds were very comfortable. We were though disappointed to see that the shower curtain was mildew and tub still dirty. They replaced the curtain right off which was good. We did have a few big ants in our room and on the second day our new towels were clean but stained. It seems like we could of used a little bleach to get those stains out. The continental breakfast was fair. It was the same things day after day. Definitely not worth the bother.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
annonymous
"Normally don't give reviews but...."
Was a little disappointed when we drove up and saw the exterior. The inside of lobby was great but unfortunately the rooms could of used more updating especially the bathroom. The shower curtain was moldy and there was icky, gooey black stuff I had to clean off the shower head. Which honesty was a little gross and my little one was afraid of showering when she saw that. We had the terrace rooms in the back where you can see the river which was pretty. The pool was ok and the hot tub was not very clean. I was somewhat disappointed with our stay and wished the whole time we stayed somewhere else and for the price that we payed I expected way better not to mention all the really cute hotels nearby were considerably cheaper and looked a lot nicer. I know I would never stay here again. It's such a shame that they took such care in renovating the lobby so beautifully and neglected to do so with the rooms. The breakfast was ok. They dumped containers of yoplait into a big bowl which I prefer to just grab my own little container and the coffee cups were so tiny. There were bananas but no other fresh cut fruit. They had a waffle maker which looked good and tiny tasteless mini muffins. All the other items did not look appealing. We only ate the complimentary breakfast the third day we were there. One plus was they had picnic tables in the back with a few grills so you could cook some food if you wanted, which was nice.
4 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
Juliana
My wife and I had a wonderful two nights at the Ogunquit River Inn. The hotel was clean and the staff very accommodating. The hotel is between Ogunquit and Wells. There was a lot of construction next door as well as on the road but neither really affected us. There is not an indoor swimming pool if that is something important to you. I enjoyed the hot tub especially after our hike on Mt. Agamenticus and our walk on the beach. Kayaks are available to rent. All in all, a very nice place to stay.
1 night romance trip Jul 22, 2015
Ralph
"Great location, acceptable accomodations."
Great location with wonderful views. Very nice grounds with picnic tables, gas grills, and kayaks. The decks off the room offered no privacy, one large deck was shared by four rooms in the building we were in. The bath tub was dirty and had mold on it. The bathroom was totally sparse. The bed was comfortable. Better location than facility.
1 night romance trip Jul 18, 2015
Ralph
"Outside looks like a motel, but much nicer inside"
This was a decent place with much nicer rooms than expected. The towels were like sandpaper and the complementary breakfast sorely lacking, but the staff was nice and the room was clean. The outside furniture should be washed down weekly - my white shorts were filthy from sitting down outside of my room.
Other trip Jul 22, 2015
Dorothy
"Nice views"
Very nice two days. Be aware we had to climb two flights of stairs with luggage. Not a problem for us but it may be for others.
2 night romance trip Jul 10, 2015
Judy
"Would go there anytime."
I'm glad I found this place. I know where to go from now on if I'm going to that area. The rooms where completely remodeled and the bed was so comfortable, we wanted them for ourselves. Minutes from Wells or Oqunquit center. Nice pool and jacuzzi. Would recommend this place to anyone without hesitation.
Other trip Jul 18, 2015
"2 night Stay Ogunquit River Inn with 2 boys 11&12"
We booked last minute and drove up the following day. The hotel was gracious enough to let us check in early so we could change and head to the beach. My wife and I had stayed in the hotel 15 years earlier and it was great to see the rooms had just been updated in a very contemporary style. We had a standard room with two queens which were meticulously clean (Extremely important for us) The beds were comfortable and the linens soft. The room had a smaller window that was positioned higher than normal so the view was somewhat obscured. In the future I will pay the difference and have a patio to enjoy the view. Breakfast was included and there was a juice machine, self service waffle station, coffee, yogurt, bananas, cereal, sausage, hard boiled eggs and toast. The hotel is located just north of downtown Ogunquit and parking is pretty expensive in town so we used the Trolley which does make stops in front of the hotel.
Other trip Jul 15, 2015
"Great update"
We stayed two nights. Our room was clean and comfortable. Air conditioning worked well, sometimes loud but we jiggled the unit and the rattle stopped. The water in the shower sometimes fluctuated in temp a lot. The breakfast was typical, hard boiled eggs, waffle makers, toast, yogurt, cereal. The kayaks on the river is a great bonus excursion, not too expensive.
Other trip Jul 15, 2015
beach travelers
"2 Thumbs way up"
My wife and I went for the night just to get away. The staff was very nice and helpful. The room had a great view of the water and was very clean and comfortable. It was a short walk into town but there is a trolley service that picks up right in front of the hotel. Very nice place, I would stay there again
1 night family trip Jul 10, 2015
Alex
"Such a pleasant surprise!"
We made our reservations and we're pleased we could get a one night stay in Ogunquit. The location was perfect to get to everything. What a surprise when we got to the River Inn and Suites. The lobby was so pretty and inviting, the staff greeted us with such a warm welcome! When we entered the room, we were so thrilled to find it had been newly renovated with carpet, paint, lovely bed linens, etc. there was a fridge, coffee maker etc. and, a lovely view of the River! We slept soundly in a great bed! In the morning we enjoyed a breakfast that was included in our room price. Something for everyone! And,we got to watch the kyackers going down the river. If we had time we could have rented them and enjoyed the view from a different angle! I would highly recommend this suites! And, we will return.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
babe
"Poor"
This was not at all what was advertised on Hotels.com. This was more like swamp front than water front. Construction was going on next door and on bridge right in front of Hotel that is a long time project. This place felt more of a Motel than Hotel.
3 night family trip Jul 6, 2015
"Great Getaway in Ogunquit!"
We had flight and luggage delays, but the staff at the hotel went all out to help us. In addition, when we checked in the front desk gave us detailed information about the town.
Patrice
"Very comfortable room, the staff was very friendly"
The room was very clean and of course comfortable, also the view was very breathtaking. Its highly recommended for family and couples.
Chloe
Great hotel close to town! Shared balconies but we had cool neighbors that didn't bother us. I would recommend this hotel to people. The only downfall were the bathrooms, it seems like they updated everything but them. All and all it was worth the money for the great views! Would definitely go again!
Other trip Jul 11, 2015
"Recently updated rooms with nice view"
Nice hotel. Clean, updated rooms. Did not like the fact only ground floor room entry is through the sliding glass door. Musty odor in room. Nice view of wetlands from room.
Other trip Jul 10, 2015
GSY
"Great view, comfortable beds, very clean"
Nice view if you get a terrace room. Nice deck outside of rooms to sit and enjoy the view. Very clean and comfortable beds.
Other trip Jul 10, 2015
Ann
"Not Happy"
When we read the reviews we were very excited. Since they gave 2 free breaksfast's as part of the package and I have a food allergy and asked them if they could accommodate gluten free and they said "no". Very surprised. The room was beautiful having just been renovated. They advertised "ocean view". I'd like them to show me where that was because we had a balcony we certainly couldn't see it. We were there for 2 nights and our room wss never cleaned. I would not recommend this hotel.
2 night romance trip Jun 24, 2015
Joyce
"Wonderful"
Wonderful staff very helpful when asking how to get to a certain Resturant and beaches
1 night romance trip Jun 29, 2015
Marco
"Great Views"
Staff excellent our room had a great view of the river.
Other trip Jul 6, 2015