All hotels in Los Angeles, California, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here811 N. Alvarado Street, Los Angeles, CA, 90026, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.6
"Good for one night"
Boyfriend and I stayed here for a Dodger game, it's about a mile and a half away from the stadium. The surrounding area is exactly what you expect in downtown LA, noisy and dirty, but when your in the room you don't feel like you are in a bad part of town. Very nice bed and large TV. The plus was the hotel service. Front Desk attendant brought us extra pillows around 11 PM (after the game) as well as provided extra tips to us to help make our stay comfortable. Downside was noise from the freeway (it's about a block away) Will probably stay again.
1 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015
Rachel
"Ok"
Neighborhood isn't great. Parking sucks. And they charge your credit card $100 for incidentals and promise to refund you if no problems. Hotel and staff are nice though! Not bad if you're just having a quick stay!
1 night romance trip Feb 22, 2015
jose
"deposit"
had to gave a 100.00 deposit to stay did not like
1 night romance trip Feb 19, 2015
"Mixed review; neighborhood is a bit rough"
The hotel was very affordable, the room was clean and modern. The exterior of the hotel was also attractive. The neighborhood and noise level from the street where it is located were less than desirable. I would not be able to recommend this hotel based on the neighborhood and noise level. It was hard to get much sleep.
1 night business trip Feb 2, 2015
Kathleen
"pleasantly suprised, best price included excellent"
was impressed with room conditions & amenities. Found the staff to be extremely helpful and accommodating. updated appliances\TV and cable brand new & nice. great location, close to downtown & sight seeing in Hollywood.
1 night business trip Jan 20, 2015
"Ms."
I have enjoyed my stay with 'Americas Best Value Inn', so much so; I extended my stay. I have added 3 additional days. The complimentary continental breakfast added a pleasant pick me up...The location is one block from Sunset boulevard. I will recommend to my vacationing friends, and will return... Thanks Hotels.com Narvelle Edmonson
2 night trip Jan 19, 2015
Narvelle
"So-so"
The staff was friendly but the bathroom was a bit grungy...we actually considered moving hotels.
2 night business trip Jan 15, 2015
"Good location, helpful staff."
Great location, a little nosey, good and helpful staff, we would stay again
3 night romance trip Jan 13, 2015
Christine
"value priced"
The price was right.
2 night trip Feb 28, 2014
The hotel is ok and reasonably located. The best part of my stay was the service the woman at the desk that evening was the most professional and kind individual to me. If Americas Best Value wants to flourish in their industry they would take tips from the woman who assisted my stay on the evening of 4/9/2014.
1 night trip Apr 9, 2014
"Convenient and basic"
Very friendly staff and great Mexican food in the quaint area. Across the street from the Budweiser plant! Really cool.
1 night trip Mar 25, 2014
"Good Hotel for business stay"
This is a perfect hotel for the price and location for our business trip to LA. We will be using this hotel for our future stays.
2 night trip Feb 11, 2014
"A not so cheap bed. That is all"
I called a few hours prior to check in to let them know that we were on the road and wouldnt be checking in until about 2:30am. The man who answered just yelled "We dont have any rooms for you!" I tried to explain that I had already booked the hotel room earlier that morning and he still protested that he had no rooms. I freaked out thinking that I'd have no where to sleep that night so I tried explaining again... and again.. and again that I'd already purchased the room and that they had no reason to give away my room. I gave him my name and we finally got it figured out but he was so curt and rude that I almost gave up. When we did arrive we discovered that there were no parking spaces left, even tho we specifically asked about it. He instructed us to park behind someone else and said he would call us in the morning when that person decides to leave. Of course that person decided to leave early the next morning so we got a call at 7am, asking us to move our car. The air conditioning also wasn't working very well and when it did it smelled foul, like smoke. We opened the windows to get some air while we slept but was kept up all night by the loud freeway noises! ... never again.
1 night trip Aug 19, 2012
Valeria
"DON'T DO IT!"
I guess I should have taken the hint when I called the hotel a day prior to arriving to change some information on my reservation and the employee that was assisting me barely spoke a lick of English and didn't really understand my problem and refused to let me speak to the manager. I chose it because of the close distance to USC where I was taking a board exam and should have thought twice when we arrived and it was in a pretty rough area of LA. The rooms were old and poorly kept and the most offsetting aspect was the smell of urine that lingered. I itched throughout the night which had me thinking there were bugs crawling all over me. I had booked the room for 4 nights but after only getting 3 hours of sleep the first night I couldn't bare thinking about staying any longer so I stayed up making arrangements at another hotel. We ended up moving to a hotel near the airport which was 10x better than this place and in my opinion well worth the extra money and slightly longer drive time. Save yourself the disappointment!
4 night business trip May 31, 2012
Janice

"not pleasant one"
not able to sleep too much noise
3 night business trip Feb 16, 2015
Subramanian

"good enough"
Its ok near to evertthing
4 night trip Apr 20, 2015
Ercan
SE
"Good place to stay at"
Excellent place, and for being so central it is well worht the low rates. We really liked it!
2 night romance trip Jan 28, 2015
Tobias
SE
"짧게 머물기에는 적당한 숙소입니다."
엘에이에 오랬동안 살았었기 때문에 도로나 주변환경이 복잡할 수 밖에 없다는걸 알고 숙소 위치에는 불만이 없었지만, 리모델링을 했음에도 불구하고 악취가 났던 점 때문에 불편함이 있었습니다. 카펫이 문제인지, 하수구가 문제인지 알수는 없었지만 시간이 지나도 익숙해지지 않는 알수없는 냄새때문에 마트에서 초를 사다가 방과 화장실에 종일 켜둬야했습니다. 그것만 제외하면 나머지는 그럭저럭 괜찮았습니다.
2 night romance trip Jan 28, 2015
KR
"Pesadilla"
Fue muy desagradable no dormimos en toda la noche mucho ruido.porq nos ofrecieron otra habitación porq la primera están sucias el cubre camas tenia manchas y d haber sabido que nos iba a salir peor nos ubieramos dormido en nuestro carro ya por ultimo,ubieramos dormido mejor fue una pesadilla.no recomiendo este hotel para nada!
1 night business trip Jan 18, 2015
FR

TripAdvisor reviews for Americas Best Value Inn - Los Angeles / Hollywood

"Not bad"
05/04/15 kelly251068 croydon, england
Outside very unimpressionable but room was clean and comfortable. Desk staff a bit miserable. Well worth going on the bus trips into Beverly Hills. Claims to have a swimming pool but it's size of postage stamp and not very inviting
"Perfect For 1 to 2 Nights"
04/26/15 EL_GQ Los Angeles
This hotel is located right off the 101 Fwy (main highway) and Alvarado Street. This hotel is minutes to Downtown Los Angeles and Hollywood. Sunset Junction is a short drive away that is a trendy artsy area of Los Angeles located on Sunset. If you want to experience authentic Latin food you will be in heaven since there are plenty of places nearby. Hotel it self does the job! Rooms are nice, spacious, mini fridge and the shower has strong pressure. If you are looking for 1 to 2 nights this is the place. Great bed. I slept like a baby.
"Not nice"
04/23/15 Brett V
We booked this place based on previous reviews which we now suspect are not genuine guests. This is not an inn it is a party motel with people coming and going at all times of the night. The parking out front is sparse unless you want to park in the sketchy carpark behind the motel. We also witnessed an employee we believe to be the son of the owners having a tantrum because the guests had used all the parking spots and then he had a steaming match with the owner in the middle of the carpark. The room was adequate and appeared to be renovated however the sheets which were stained did not fit the bed properly and kept riding up in the night so that you had the unpleasant experience of lying on the mattress protector underneath. The neighbourhood although convenient to Hollywood attractions is very bad and I would not recommend staying unless you have own transport. There is a shanty town about a mile down the road under a bridge on the road where the motel is. To top things off the management kept our holding deposit, which we did not realise till we were back in Australia so trying to get it back is now almost impossible. This place is not a nice place to stay.
"Best Place EVER!!"
04/10/15 Peter G Los Angeles, California
I always come and stay here when I am here on business. Friendly Staff and Great ROOMS!! Liz and Rick are awesome!! They will tend to your needs. Bright, clear, and helpful at all times. Day or Night. Recently Renovated. I'm a contractor and I know a good room when i see it.
"Voided transaction"
04/07/15 karen p
I had a good experience at the America's best value Hollywood. It has a very neat and clean environment that is relaxing for your get away enjoyment. They also have a very warm and friendly Customer service
"Very clean & very friendly"
03/21/15 Hank Huseyin S El Paso, Texas
This hotel has a excellent location for a business trip Hotel is very comfortable nice Internet connection good selections of tv channels safe parking lot Cut it short I recommend this hotel very highly Special thanks for front desk Liz and meneger son Rick They are so nice and helpful
"Hit and miss. "
02/10/15 Sadieandchuck Longview, Washington
Updated room was nice looking. Room and beds were on the small side but they were big enough for me and my daughter. The decorations and colors were modern and clean. BUT the carpet was dirty and felt sticky. It was also damp near the bathroom. (Which could be from housekeepers cleaning I suppose) There was quite a bit of road noise at night and the fridge was a tad noisy too, but I sleep with a fan on regularly so it wasn't a big deal for me. Beds were comfy, clean sheets, and decent pillows. Parking was awful. Only a handful of decent spots in the front. I had to park at the back of the building-- which, in the neighborhood--was a bit unsettling. I gave this hotel a 2 because I felt like someone could easily punch their way through the walls of they wanted to lol. Also because my feet turned black from the carpet.
"Excellent stay & staff"
02/05/15 Eugene K Las Vegas
On a recent trip to attend a business meeting in downtown Los Angeles, CA I had the pleasure of staying at this very well maintained & appointed property. In all respects well kept, clean & up-to-date. A great value when staying in the downtown LA & Hollywood area. Staff found to be very friendly, helpful & made you feel at home.....A must place to stay.
"Good budget stay"
07/31/14 Kymlee86 Melbourne, Australia
Stayed with a friend a couple of weeks ago in a room with 2 queens. Cable, good sized TV, fridge, microwave, air conditioning, comfy enough beds. Walking distance to plenty of stores and restaurants. What more do you want? We were happy here.
"Clean and updated"
06/19/14 speech529 Phoenix, Arizona
I stayed at this hotel because it was in walking distance of the workshop I was attending. I did not want to rent a car. The hotel is an older property but the rooms have been updated. My room was clean and comfortable. The bed was very comfy and I slept well. Rooms have a good size fridge and microwave. The water pressure in the shower was excellent. You have to pay for your stay in advance. They advertise a free continental breakfast which consists of wheat or white bread, "Danish" style pastries (the kind you might see in a convenience store), coffee and tea. I ended up going to the McDonalds that is 2 blocks away for breakfast. There is a 99 Cents store across the street that sells groceries. The area around the hotel was described to me as "sketchy". I felt safe walking around in daytime hours but would not at night. There are two hospitals nearby so sirens were common. I always travel with ear plugs so it wasn't a problem for me. This hotel was convenient, economical and suited my needs for this business trip. The pool was closed and there is no fitness center.