All hotels in Los Angeles, California, United States of America
811 N. Alvarado Street, Los Angeles, CA, 90026, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.5
"My nite."
Very noise and the pillow s and bed horrible terrible nite. So sorry I need to tell I feel about it. Very clean . That's only the best part.
1 night romance trip Aug 18, 2015
MARIA
"Don't stay here!"
Booked a smoking room online and get their to find out they don't offer smoking rooms. Our room was right next to a fire, so our windows were all broken and screwed shut. The parking is ridiculous and the area is bum city!!!! Never again!
2 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
alexis
"good deal"
A lil noisy on the bottom floor. I suggest staying on 2nd floor
1 night romance trip Jul 28, 2015
Ramiro
"Nice, clean hotel"
Was just in LA for the weekend. Hotel was well located for sightseeing to Griffith Observatory, Hollywood, and downtown LA.
2 night trip Jul 24, 2015
Greg
"Good for one night"
Boyfriend and I stayed here for a Dodger game, it's about a mile and a half away from the stadium. The surrounding area is exactly what you expect in downtown LA, noisy and dirty, but when your in the room you don't feel like you are in a bad part of town. Very nice bed and large TV. The plus was the hotel service. Front Desk attendant brought us extra pillows around 11 PM (after the game) as well as provided extra tips to us to help make our stay comfortable. Downside was noise from the freeway (it's about a block away) Will probably stay again.
1 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015
Rachel
"It's ok."
I felt everything is ok, it's near downtown LA, not so many store near by, breakfast accitptable.
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
"Ok"
Neighborhood isn't great. Parking sucks. And they charge your credit card $100 for incidentals and promise to refund you if no problems. Hotel and staff are nice though! Not bad if you're just having a quick stay!
1 night romance trip Feb 22, 2015
jose
"deposit"
had to gave a 100.00 deposit to stay did not like
1 night romance trip Feb 19, 2015
"Nice enough hotel, but creepy neighborhood."
The building and accommodations were fine, but definitely could not feel safe in this neighborhood... yikes!
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
mamarama44
"Mixed review; neighborhood is a bit rough"
The hotel was very affordable, the room was clean and modern. The exterior of the hotel was also attractive. The neighborhood and noise level from the street where it is located were less than desirable. I would not be able to recommend this hotel based on the neighborhood and noise level. It was hard to get much sleep.
1 night business trip Feb 2, 2015
Kathleen
"pleasantly suprised, best price included excellent"
was impressed with room conditions & amenities. Found the staff to be extremely helpful and accommodating. updated appliances\TV and cable brand new & nice. great location, close to downtown & sight seeing in Hollywood.
1 night business trip Jan 20, 2015
"Ms."
I have enjoyed my stay with 'Americas Best Value Inn', so much so; I extended my stay. I have added 3 additional days. The complimentary continental breakfast added a pleasant pick me up...The location is one block from Sunset boulevard. I will recommend to my vacationing friends, and will return... Thanks Hotels.com Narvelle Edmonson
2 night trip Jan 19, 2015
Narvelle
"So-so"
The staff was friendly but the bathroom was a bit grungy...we actually considered moving hotels.
2 night business trip Jan 15, 2015
"Good location, helpful staff."
Great location, a little nosey, good and helpful staff, we would stay again
3 night romance trip Jan 13, 2015
Christine
"value priced"
The price was right.
2 night trip Feb 28, 2014
The hotel is ok and reasonably located. The best part of my stay was the service the woman at the desk that evening was the most professional and kind individual to me. If Americas Best Value wants to flourish in their industry they would take tips from the woman who assisted my stay on the evening of 4/9/2014.
1 night trip Apr 9, 2014
"Convenient and basic"
Very friendly staff and great Mexican food in the quaint area. Across the street from the Budweiser plant! Really cool.
1 night trip Mar 25, 2014
"Good Hotel for business stay"
This is a perfect hotel for the price and location for our business trip to LA. We will be using this hotel for our future stays.
2 night trip Feb 11, 2014
High price compared to the poor low quality hotel, plus it indicates that it is a 2-star hotel while it is a motel ,, noise sounds everywhere , there was a private party in-front of the motel, it was very noisy, and also a noisy sounds from up stair travelers I do not recommend it at all
Other trip Jul 26, 2013
The accomodations were better than I was expecting. There was off street parking and the room was pretty quiet. I will definitely stay there again.
Other trip Apr 15, 2013
"bad"
Never ever been this horrible place. It's dirty and the service is bad
Other trip Dec 30, 2012
They did not provide bar soap. There was no remote for the TV. Poor parking area. Over flow parking is in an alley.
Other trip Nov 21, 2012

"not pleasant one"
not able to sleep too much noise
3 night business trip Feb 16, 2015
Subramanian

"Für ein paar Nächte absolut in Ordnung"
Zimmer war gut, es wurde jeden tag die zimmer gemacht. Das Bad war auch gut, vom Platz her nicht sehr groß aber alles da was man für paar Nächte braucht. Das Frühstück war eintönig, jeden morgen gab es nur süße Stückchen und muffins. Immer das gleiche und papp süß aber wir sind die 4 Übernachtungen damit klar gekommen. Von der Umgebung her war es ok. Nachts ist es bisschen lauter wegen den großen Straßen. Uns hat es nicht gestört aber vorsichtshalber einfach ohropax mitnehmen.
4 night romance trip Aug 10, 2015
DE
"Motel de paso"
Tipico motel sin mucho que ofrecer, algo sucio y un poco lejos de todo. El barrio malo y sin nada cerca para comer pero pasa estar de paso no esta mal.
3 night romance trip Jul 6, 2015
Gustavo
ES
"Läget var bra"
Rummet var ok, lite unken lukt. Frukosten var i princip vara bullar men kaffet var ok, Läget var bra
3 night family trip Jun 2, 2015
"not a good place"
The motel was not what we expected. The office has bullet proof window and makes it uncomfortable to talk to the host. It is located on the main st. and rooms are very noisy. breakfast was just coffee and a muffin.
2 night romance trip May 14, 2015
Yuval
IL
"Du får vad du betalar för"
Du får vad du betalar för, relativt billigt för att vara i LA men ligger också en bit utanför. Ligger dock nära 101:an vilket gör det lätt att komma in och ut ut LA, men bil är ett måste. Rummet var fräscht och rent men ganska lyhört och man hörde både trafik och folk som passerade utanför. Ska du bara passera så kan vi rekommendera det men hade inte bott här någon längre period. Tråkig personal som inte brydde sig särskilt mycket om personalen och en frukost som var under all kritik. Blaskigt kaffe och torra wienerbröd.
2 night romance trip May 10, 2015
Marcus
"Bon hôtel !"
Hôtel renové, chambre spacieuse et propre, personnel disponible et souriant. Arrêt de bus a proximité, parking voitures surveillé. Petit déjeuner sommaire mais suffisant. On le conseil fortement
2 night trip with friends May 11, 2015
caroll
FR
"OK"
As anticipated. One negative thing was that the room had no coffee peculator.
4 night romance trip May 7, 2015
Walter
"Totally fine"
Great place to stay for the price. + Modern, clean rooms. Big flatscreen tv. Great bed. - A LOT of noise coming from the road outside. A long drive from the sights.
2 night romance trip May 5, 2015
Agnes
"good enough"
Its ok near to evertthing
4 night trip Apr 20, 2015
Ercan
"Good place to stay at"
Excellent place, and for being so central it is well worht the low rates. We really liked it!
2 night romance trip Jan 28, 2015
Tobias
"짧게 머물기에는 적당한 숙소입니다."
엘에이에 오랬동안 살았었기 때문에 도로나 주변환경이 복잡할 수 밖에 없다는걸 알고 숙소 위치에는 불만이 없었지만, 리모델링을 했음에도 불구하고 악취가 났던 점 때문에 불편함이 있었습니다. 카펫이 문제인지, 하수구가 문제인지 알수는 없었지만 시간이 지나도 익숙해지지 않는 알수없는 냄새때문에 마트에서 초를 사다가 방과 화장실에 종일 켜둬야했습니다. 그것만 제외하면 나머지는 그럭저럭 괜찮았습니다.
2 night romance trip Jan 28, 2015
KR
"Pesadilla"
Fue muy desagradable no dormimos en toda la noche mucho ruido.porq nos ofrecieron otra habitación porq la primera están sucias el cubre camas tenia manchas y d haber sabido que nos iba a salir peor nos ubieramos dormido en nuestro carro ya por ultimo,ubieramos dormido mejor fue una pesadilla.no recomiendo este hotel para nada!
1 night business trip Jan 18, 2015
Jaqueline
""good hotel""
good hotel kind of small, not much parking, not a great neighborhood, but very clean and confortable, close to everything in L.A.
Other trip Dec 14, 2012
noah
MX
Mala situación, alrededores poco seguros.
Other trip Sep 2, 2012
1 night trip May 4, 2014
3 night trip with friends Mar 12, 2015
AR

TripAdvisor reviews for Americas Best Value Inn - Los Angeles / Hollywood

"Good price. Clean rooms"
08/26/15 Miguel73Hd Murcia, Spain
The staff is really friendly and the rooms are big and clean only some dirt accumulated in the bathtub spoilt the general impression of the hotel. Parking is free. The hotel is located in the Latin quarter which for us who are Spanish and have a very close relationship with them is not a problem but for other people might seem a little scary. Downside is that we could not leave our bags anywhere in the hotel not even paying which I found extremely bad….we had to change all our plans for the day as we could not fit the luggage and the eight people traveling in the car and had to leave the car in the hotel with all our suitcases and take public transport which was not our plan as we wanted to visit the Griffith observatory before leaving the city. Luckily MacArthur park metro station is only a short walk from the hotel otherwise we would have been forced to stay in the area. Free coffee is provided in the morning. There are a few fast food restaurants around and also typical latin bakeries which serve coffee.
"Stop over before flight "
08/21/15 Deborah R
A stay for 3 days and 3 nights .that is situated close to Los Angeles airport Comfortable, tidy, clean and close to shopping centers and food outlets The room was very spacious and well appointed Helpful and accommodating staff A surprise gem !!
"Good Value, Near Downtown LA"
08/08/15 SEEKSanFrancisco San Francisco, CA
This is a very basic motel but it was clean, updated and the room was nice, the bed comfortable. The room included a refrigerator, microwave and flat screen TV. There was free wi-fi but I was in the furthest room from the office (and apparently therefore from the wi-fi base), so I couldn't sign on in my room. So I went to the office to sign on and then could bring my laptop back to my room and remain online. Breakfast was minimal - small pastries, juices and coffee, but it was a decent start to the day. The receptionists at the front desk were friendly and helpful. While the parking area in front is small, there was always room in back with a walk-through to the front and the stairs. It was particularly convenient to be able to drive just a couple miles from there on city streets (instead of freeways) to sites downtown. The 101 freeway entrance was about two blocks away as well. Echo Park Lake is a couple of blocks away, with picnic areas, pedal-boats and a fountain in the middle. Dodger Stadium is also close by. I ended up staying 5 nights and was very pleased.
"Clean and conveniently located to lots of attractions"
07/09/15 MrLehy BC
Motel was adequate for what we needed it for. We weren't expecting much, so we were surprised to find a mini fridge in our room. The room was clean enough. Never really had all that much to do with the staff so I feel I can't comment on that. I did however report to the front desk about the shower head in our shower, it was quite plugged with calcium and lime. The next morning much to my surprise they put a brand new head on it. Parking is limited in the front of the Motel, but it looks as though there is adequate parking in the back. The neighbourhood is older, and I would definitely not go out wandering around the streets after dark. We were in LA to watch my Dodgers play the Mets, and the location is less than a five minute drive from Dodger Stadium. You probably don't want to walk there as it is a bit of a distance for that. All in all I would definitely stay here again, I was not unhappy with our stay here.
"Don't expect anything from this hotel - Once you tired from city just come in n sleep."
06/16/15 Engr. Jagdeesh K
Agreed with Brett V's reviews - This hotel is not what a tourists expect the hotel should be. stayed with friends. Just cutting it short as you guys be known before booking. -poor front desk staff - Not helpful. -location becomes completely quite after 9pm -subway train is on 600 meters walk. - No tea/coffee machine / oven n minibar at room to help yourself. (coffee machine is placed at front desk but only available in morning for two hours). -Local calls are chargeable -free wifi is available -Comfortable beds -No baggage drop-in option after check-out (we managed it outside, paid around 50$). So, you're good to go if above things won't bother you much.
"Perfect For 1 to 2 Nights"
04/26/15 EL_GQ Los Angeles
This hotel is located right off the 101 Fwy (main highway) and Alvarado Street. This hotel is minutes to Downtown Los Angeles and Hollywood. Sunset Junction is a short drive away that is a trendy artsy area of Los Angeles located on Sunset. If you want to experience authentic Latin food you will be in heaven since there are plenty of places nearby. Hotel it self does the job! Rooms are nice, spacious, mini fridge and the shower has strong pressure. If you are looking for 1 to 2 nights this is the place. Great bed. I slept like a baby.
"Best Place EVER!!"
04/10/15 Peter G Los Angeles, California
I always come and stay here when I am here on business. Friendly Staff and Great ROOMS!! Liz and Rick are awesome!! They will tend to your needs. Bright, clear, and helpful at all times. Day or Night. Recently Renovated. I'm a contractor and I know a good room when i see it.
"Voided transaction"
04/07/15 karen p
I had a good experience at the America's best value Hollywood. It has a very neat and clean environment that is relaxing for your get away enjoyment. They also have a very warm and friendly Customer service
"Very clean & very friendly"
03/21/15 Hank Huseyin S El Paso, Texas
This hotel has a excellent location for a business trip Hotel is very comfortable nice Internet connection good selections of tv channels safe parking lot Cut it short I recommend this hotel very highly Special thanks for front desk Liz and meneger son Rick They are so nice and helpful
"Hit and miss. "
02/10/15 Sadieandchuck Longview, Washington
Updated room was nice looking. Room and beds were on the small side but they were big enough for me and my daughter. The decorations and colors were modern and clean. BUT the carpet was dirty and felt sticky. It was also damp near the bathroom. (Which could be from housekeepers cleaning I suppose) There was quite a bit of road noise at night and the fridge was a tad noisy too, but I sleep with a fan on regularly so it wasn't a big deal for me. Beds were comfy, clean sheets, and decent pillows. Parking was awful. Only a handful of decent spots in the front. I had to park at the back of the building-- which, in the neighborhood--was a bit unsettling. I gave this hotel a 2 because I felt like someone could easily punch their way through the walls of they wanted to lol. Also because my feet turned black from the carpet.