All hotels in Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, Mexico
8th St North, Between 5th Av. and the ocean, Playa del Carmen, QROO, 77710, Mexico, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Convenient for a cheap stay meant to travel around"
It's conveniently located as it's close to the main shopping area and to the beach I'd recommend it for a cheap stay meant to travel around this area Staff is great; they'll make a pleasant stay and will provide you valuable assistance Facilities are not the best although functional
Other trip Dec 20, 2012
"Clean but uninspiring hotel near beach"
I recommend this hotel based on service level. The room and amenities were all about average. The room was certainly clean, but dated and uninspiring. The bathroom fan did not work so it was a humid smelly place. For the price I would recommend this hotel.
Other trip Dec 19, 2012
Bed was old and firm but hotel was in great location.
1 night business trip Dec 8, 2012
"Nice quiet hotel right in the heart of town."
We truly enjoyed ourselves. The hotel was steps from 5th ave and the beach yet very quiet. A true gem. Staff extremely helpful and friendly.
4 night trip Nov 27, 2012
"Bare Bones"
Location was great (only steps to the beach and 5th ave.). The room itself was clean, but bare-bones...not even a dresser to unpack your suit case. The view from my room on the 2nd floor was horrible (looking into some run-down center area with lots of debris, a loading dock and ongoing construction), so I kept the curtains shut literally 24/7. If you are looking for a resort-style hotel, stay away. If you are looking for a clean room in a centrally located hotel at a decent price and do not plan on spending much time in your room, this is a good option.
5 night trip Nov 21, 2012
James D.
"great service"
We really enjoyed the service at this place they even held our bags overnight as we where headed for a day trip the day before we where ti check in . Service at the restaurant was perfect and its great they imclude a free continental breakfast and Wifi nice touch.Rooms are clean but could use a bit if updating larger T.V couch to sit on etc. But they have everything you need I really like the refill your own water bottle out of larger ones in the lobby creating less waste . The location is great if you want to party but you can hear music from the bars and crowds till about 3 am maybe a bit of soundproofing would help. My older other cimpaint is the venders they really should not be alowed to follow people to the hotels yelling at us to buy a doorman might help this situation.The pool I s nice to hang after the beach clean plenty of sun .
3 night business trip Nov 7, 2012
liz
"Nice place for couples near everything!"
We stayed in a room with a balcony and it was nice to be able to see the ocean and Quinta avenida from it. I had told them it was my wife's birthday and they decorated the whole room prior to our arrival. The pool is a little small but it was nice to get into and just hangout in the terrace with the nice view. Not sure about the beach clubs they recommend we only tried one and it wasn't that good, the next day we just grabbed some drinks, towels and found a palm tree with shade to hangout.
Other trip Oct 20, 2012
Edgar
"Great deal for the price"
Great place to stay. Very close to the beach, very clean. The staff was friendly, though there were a few issues with check in. During our stay, it was the low season, so some work was going on in the hotel. It was noisy during the day, which was no big deal. But, the workers did start quite early, which we found to be quite a nuissance. If the price is good, I would definitely go with this place.
Response by Hotel Management
Thank you for your feedback, we truly appreciate your comments. They motivate us toward achieving excellence and improving each day. It´s our main goal to make you feel like home, we are sorry for the inconveniences you´ve might have suffer due to our renovation, but its all regarding service improvement. Gladly we have finished and it turn out really nice! Thank you for your preference. We look forward on having you stay with us again at any of our Xperience Hotels at Playa del Carmen or Holbox Island. Kind Regards from paradise!
Other trip Sep 27, 2012
Josh
Good for the price
Other trip Sep 10, 2012
"Amazing Location"
We will recommend this hotel to everyone! The location is PERFECT!! Clean room, super cold AC, an amazing location! Our corner had a great restaurant for breakfast on one side and on the other corner a very yummy one for dinner and drinks. Mariachi's at night, lots of little shops during the day. Don't worry about the hotel not being on the beach, there are tons of areas available for beds/chairs and umbrellas as long as you buy food or drinks, usually only $20. The only downside was the bed, it was a bit too hard for our taste. The hotel is older but very clean. We are already planning next trip!
Romance trip Aug 8, 2012
Angelica

"Perfect for Playa"
Very friendly staff, great location, great breakfast included. Thanks
6 night romance trip May 20, 2015
Owen
"Room for improvement"
Cleanliness and design of the the vision cabana room was excellent, hotel staff very friendly and helpful, great location too (there are building works close by, but not too loud or disruptive). However the hotel was let down by an apparent intermittent water pressure on the top 2 floors for 3 days running, leading to no shower facilities in the room (we did not experience the 'on' period, only the 'off' during both day and night) nor by the pool. This issue greatly marred an otherwise enjoyable stay.
6 night romance trip Apr 26, 2015
"Friendly,spotless hotel by the sea"
We arrived early but staff were really sweet and got us in as soon as possible. Minor glitches were fixed instantly. Lovely rooftop bar and pool. Breakfast was fresh and delicious. Great spot for early swims and ferry to Cozumel. Close to 5th Avenue if that is your thing. Good concierge service for organizing trips.
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
"Feb stay"
Excellent friendly staff Very helpful great location close to beach with in 100m Room could use a desk or a small table there was plenty of space for it.
2 night romance trip Feb 23, 2015
"Excellent stay"
This is an awesome hotel, very clean, excellent staff. Hotel is situated 1/2 block from the beach and 1/2 block from 5th Avenue. Our room was on the 4th floor, which is very convenient, as this is the roof deck, where there are places to sit and have a drink. We took our own drinks. The staff is amazing, especially, Luis, Saul and Jorge who are at the reception desk, and also Ramone, and Marcos who served us breakfast every morning. Next door to the hotel is the best little store ever, she has everything you would want, including liquor & mix.
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
The hotel was a great value and perfect location. Construction noise from across the street was loud at times. Once the construction will be finished in the area it would be fantastic.
4 night romance trip Nov 17, 2014
"Nice hotel .Quiet .Close to everything."
Small hotel with personal service. Rooms basic but clean. Quiet ,away from nightclub noise but close to everything. Staff extremely friendly & helpful. Great value for the price.
Other trip Oct 11, 2014
"3great days"
Stayed for 3night front desk staff,bartender at pool and breakfast waiter were all fabulous,very friendly and helpful, Found the rooms warm ,it had air conditioner but very loud,beds hard other than that we absolutely loved it,very close to beach and 5 ave,nice view from rooftop patio with a small nice wading pool to cool off,massage alright at hotel,we had a better on on beach for $20,staff were fabulous! Very nice and clean place with character
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
paula
"Great location. Not four stars though."
I enjoyed myself but the most expensive rooms aren't very good
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
"A basic hotel"
We booked a few rooms here, one 'balcony room' and one of the deluxe top floor rooms. The pictures are fairly deceiving. They are of the rooms on the top floor, most rooms are pretty basic and dated. The top floor rooms don't really have private balconies, rather the shared walkway to other rooms. Most of the staff are really nice and helpful however. The mattresses are appalling in the basic room, better in the expensive room but for that kind of money you could stay somewhere else Breakfast is a bit of a farce too. You get yogurt, fruit and stale breads. If you want anything cooked you have to pay, but it's cheap. Just factor that into the room rate. The staff are super nice and work with what they have.
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
JD
"Great value for money and a nice little hidden gem"
This is a truly a lovely hotel. The staff are brilliant and the cleaning staff work very hard. Nothing seems to be an issue and you get complimentary tea, coffee and you can fill your water bottle up as well. You can have a standard breakfast or pay for something more. The pool on the roof is nice but only has a small wading pool. On the up side, the beach is just a walk away and they provide towels. Air conditioning and fans also great.
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
Georgie
"Best hotel. EVER."
I absolutely loved this hotel. The staff was amazingly helpful. when you get to your room there is a letter to greet you. the air conditioning worked perfectly and got cold quickly. the room was super nice. the location is perfect - a stone's throw away from the beach. absolutely loved my stay, wish I could have stayed there longer!!
1 night trip Apr 12, 2014
Jedadiah Jamerson
MX
"Great Location, Great Value, Amazing Staff"
Stayed for 3 nights. Staff was excellent. Location was perfect (right near 5th and the Beach) Excellent VALUE I'd read in some of reviews that there was loud music that could be heard all night but I didn't hear a thing. (I was there Sun-Wed)
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
"Good location, terrible noise from building work"
Hotel staff were friendly but the ammount of building work was just terrible! I wont be going back.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
"Great Suprise"
Stayed for a couple of days diving. Dive shop next door. Hotel Staff excellent. Breakfast a treat. Hotel roof top great place to get away.
2 night family trip Mar 30, 2014
"Bargain and Superb!"
This hotel was super cheap, as such I didnt expect much - I was very pleasantly surprised. Towel art in my bedroom most mornings, friendly staff on reception and in the breakfast room, tasty fresh fruit and baked croissants for breakfast, lush toiletories....could not have been happier!
Other trip Dec 20, 2013
Virginia
"MAGNIFICENT PLACE"
Situated in the heart of Playa del Carmen at 50m from the beach it allows you to enjoy both the sea and the famous 5th avenue full of restaurants and shops.Simple but very comfortable rooms and the best of all is the staff!!!!!!!!!the hotel staff is really remarkable,wonderful people who would do everything to please you and make you feel at home!the best place to stay in playa del carmen!!!!!!
3 night trip with friends Dec 9, 2013
Pina
MX
"It looks better in the pictures"
We got to Illusion and they didn't give us the room we had paid for. We said it the first night and they couldn't change us to a different room until the next morning. When we woke up, we found out there was a construction going on right next to our room! No one had told us about it and it was impossible to sleep or be in the pool, so we ended up changing to a different hotel (part of the same group), called Hacienda Paradise. Hacienda was nice and comfortable, even though not as well located as Illusion.
4 night romance trip Nov 14, 2013
María
"Exceptional service"
Outstandingly friendly and well trained staff, from front desk to cleaning. Very thoughtful appointments, 24/7 coffee/tea, free water, library selections, fridge, etc. Very tasty and healthy breakfast buffet, with fresh fresh fresh everything. Friendly chef assembled a tasty selection of healthy menu items as well. Location is best in PdCarmen. 77 paces to beach (I counted). In the heart of the action, but set back from 5th enough to be quiet to sleep. Clean. Best we've tried in Playa. Friendliest we've tried in world.
5 night trip Mar 24, 2013
"Not disappointed"
I stayed here for 3 nights in December 2012 before joining a tour at another hotel. I chose this hotel based on other reviews on Trip Advisor and I was not disappointed. The hotel, including my room, was clean and the staff were friendly and helpful. I was given a complimentary room upgrade. My room was on the same level as the pool but was very quiet and spacious. The location was brilliant- a very short stroll to the beach, shops and restaurants. As a single, female traveller it was perfect as it was in a very convenient and safe location.
Other trip Feb 2, 2013
Claire
NZ
"Very sentral location"
Very central loaction 50 meters from Beach, 50 meaters from shoping street and resturants. Nice and tidy hotel. Good cleanliness. Very friendly and helpfull staff. Staff spoke English. Brekfast consisting of fruit, cereal, juic, coffee etc included in price. Could also order extra from Menu, but I did not try that. The included breakfast was enough for me. I had room facing the streat and there was som noice from resturants but not more than one would expect from a central hotel like this. If worried about noice ask for room away from street. I had no problems sleeping in my room despite the music. Pool on roof is for children (not very deep). The beach was very nice. Hotel arrange day-trips to local sights - can recomend these
6 night trip Nov 7, 2012
Jan KG
"Location, Location , Location"
Location is very good ,The people are friendly and the service is good , The restaurant food delicious. However it was a little noisy as they are making repairs ....Wish I would have known they were renovating . The balcony door didn,t lock so the room really wasn,t secure , Would be very easy to access. The hotel initially only supplied us with one towel , Maybe they think my wife and I should share ?The hotel is located in an area not accessible by car, so no parking is provided. I think they could offer you something even if they need to arrange it with a local parking venture. Some minor little details I suppose , I would say it was ok!
Other trip Sep 9, 2012
Norm & Maria
"Awesome place !"
We really enjoyed our stay at the Illusion Hotel, very friendly staff and an awesome continental breakfast. Clean, close to beach and action at night. A true gem to be discovered.
Romance trip Aug 7, 2012
Marie

"Excelente Hotel muy Buena Ubicación"
La presentación del hotel y la habitación fue impecable, el personal siempre esta dispuesto a ayudarte con cualquier duda que tengas y lo hacen siempre con mucho gusto. La piscina/jacuzzi del hotel esta en buen estado, no excelente pero esta bien. El aire acondicionado no se si era solo en la habitación en la que me hospede o en todas no siempre enfría y pase un par de noches con mucho calor debido a esto. La ubicación del hotel me parece perfecta, esta a escasos 50 metros de la 5 avenida y a 100 del mar y no escuchas ninguna de las 2 desde adentro, tienes todo a la mano. No tiene parqueadero para los coches y el mas cerca esta a más de 1 cuadra, de resto muy bien todo. 100% recomendado
6 night romance trip Jun 22, 2015
Luis A
"Muito bom"
Localização muito boa! Perto da 5 avenida, porém sem o barulho da avenida. Colaboradores solícitos, quarto bem mobiliado, confortável!Super indico! Custo benefício compensa!
6 night romance trip Jun 13, 2015
FLAVIA
"Decepcionante"
péssima
3 night trip Jun 11, 2015
BR
"The illusion is on the pictures"
Quality service from the personnel of the hotel although its general appearance, spaces and surrounding are not really like on the pictures. We had a small room with no windows, the hotel is not ready on the beach and surrounded by building sites in construction. The space of the pool is rather limited as well.
4 night family trip May 16, 2015
christophe
"Ótima escolha em Playa"
fomos muito bem recebidos por todos os funcionários, que procuraram atender a todas as nossas solicitações. Tivemos uma quarto novo e bonito no quarto andar, onde fica a piscina. Estes quartos dão vista para o corredor que é aberto, mas possuem total privacidade e não dão a sensação de confinamento. O hotel é super bem localizado, meio quarteirão entre a quinta avenida e a praia, pertinho do ferry p Cozumel, estação dos ônibus para Cancun e walmart ( cerca de 5 quarteirões em diferentes direções). Nos sentimos seguros e acolhidos. Café da manhã suficiente para nós ( iogurte com granola e frutas secas, café, leite, suco, prato de frutas e pão salgado e doce com manteiga e geleia). Cama e travesseiros super confortáveis, banheiro otimo! Enfim, para nós foi uma ótima escolha!
8 night romance trip Apr 6, 2015
BR
"Hôtel à playa del carmen"
Beau séjour à cet hôtel avec ma mère , en sécurité dans tout le secteur à cause de l'emplacement qui est presque sur la 5 avenue ...donc pas de marche dans les ruelles le soir pour aller se promener et souper... Je le recommande au couple et femmes seules sans problème mais pas aux familles !!! cet hôtel n'est pas pour les enfants , à mon avis !
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
Brigitte et Ann
"Agradabilíssima"
Hotel muito gostoso , bem localizado e bem simpático , porém , pra quem aluga automóvel é complicado , por não ter garagem , e acesso de carro complicado em determinadas horas .
3 night romance trip Mar 20, 2015
Aryovaldo
"Ótima localização"
Ótima localização e funcionarios bastante prestativos.
4 night romance trip Feb 4, 2015
JANETE MARIA
"Personal excelente!!"
El personal es excelente, y la ubicacion ni se diga!, empero, hubieron 2 cosas que no me gustaron: 1) la cama era muy incómoda, bastante dura, 2) el ruido del exterior se colaba en demasia a la habitación, al punto de no poder dormir o despertarnos.
Other trip Dec 26, 2014
Dulce
MX
"Ideal para curtir tudo em Playa"
Localização perfeita... praticamente na praia e a 50 metros da Quinta Avenida. Fácil pra chegar em qualquer lugar. A equipe do hotel é extremamente simpática e prestativa.. nos sentimos em casa. Quarto amplo, limpo, só as camas poderiam ser melhores (não são ruins, mas costume é costume rsrs). Não tivemos absolutamente nenhum stress com o hotel e recomendamos com certeza para quem quer curtir Playa del Carmen fora dos luxuosos resorts.
6 night trip with friends Dec 7, 2014
Jacqueline
"Illusion Boutique"
Jättebra läge, det enda som är synd är att poolen ligger på taket och att den är väldigt liten. Många väljer bort den och där är därför väldigt dött i poolbar mm. Alltid rent på rummet och det var väldigt noga med städningen. Hotellet har ett perfekt läge, både till resturanger och bara 50 meter från stranden.
6 night romance trip Nov 22, 2014
Andreas
SE
"Recomendable"
Un buen lugar, céntrico, limpio, bien ubicado y todos muy amables
5 night romance trip Nov 26, 2014
Jose Tomas
MX
"Hotel com excelente custo x benefício."
Hotel com excelente custo x benefício. Excelente localização, pois fica praticamente a beira mar e na esquina da 5ª Avenida. Hotel não possui estacionamento, mas dá para estacionar perfeitamente na rua a 2 quadras, onde tem uma delegacia, ou seja, bastante seguro. Hotel com pequena piscina, porém com o que se tem a fazer nas proximidades de playa nem interessa muito. Quartos grandes com bom conforto. Funcionários atenciosos e solícitos, principalmente o Jorge. Indico tranquilamente.
5 night romance trip Nov 5, 2014
Diego
"excelente atencion"
Es muy placentero llegar a un lugar dondela atencion particular es tan agradable. Felicito a su personal por tan excelente atencion. Con muchisimo gusto volveria.
4 night romance trip Sep 25, 2014
ayleen diaz
CO
"Excelente ubicación, muy buena atención"
Quedamos muy satisfechos con la experiencia vivida en el hotel, la habitación es muy cómoda, la atención de todo el personal en general es demasiado buena, la ubicación es excelente, por que esta cerca a todo.
5 night romance trip Sep 20, 2014
"Baulärm"
Auf Grund der miserablen Kommunikationsbereitschaft von Hotels.commehr als enttäuschend. Resultat: von Hotels.com abraten, wenn der Kunde seine Buchung und die Bezahlung abgeschlossen hat, kann er sehen, wie er zurecht kommt.
6 night trip Sep 20, 2014
Rainer Köcher
DE
"Excelente Localização!!"
Hotel muito bem localizado e também muito confortável!!
3 night family trip Sep 8, 2014