All hotels in Portland, Oregon, United States of America
1506 NE 2nd Avenue, Portland, OR, 97232, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Rose Garden Shilo Inn"
Initial review provided by Trip Advisor. The front desk manager was polite, but we also encountered another female employee who was very rude. The rooms were clean but in a questionable neighborhood. Bed-comfortable and clean. On our return trip we had mistakenly booked the Beaverton Shilo Inn... amazing! Would I stay at Rose Garden again? No. Beaverton? Definitely yes!
1 night romance trip Jul 10, 2015
L Sue
Quick, easy, nice enough place!
1 night business trip Jul 20, 2015
bryan
"Great value, great service"
Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Hotel was convenient to convention center and public transport. Hallways a bit rundown but room up-to-date with very comfy beds. Except for the coffee, the breakfast was no good at all. Just a few pusillanimous bagels and muffins. Fortunately there were plenty of great dining spots nearby.
Response by Shilo Inn Rose Garden - Oregon
Thank you for choosing us while in Portland, OR. We look forward to serving you again in the future. Sincerely, G. Sorrels-General Manager
6 night business trip Jun 22, 2015
Anne
"a good choice"
This is a moderately priced hotel tucked in between some very expensive ones. There is easy access to both light rail and the new streetcar line so there is no need to drive downtown, or many other places either. The neighborhood seemed safe -- even at night.
2 night romance trip May 23, 2015
Neil
"I Would Return."
My boyfriend surprised me with a night in Portland for my birthday. (5/23/15) We stayed one night. Overall the room was clean, it smelled clean too!! :) The AC worked wonderfully and bathtub was enjoyable. We had the sauna downstairs all to ourselves. Which was nice. There were a couple things that were run down (nothing major) like the carpet near the bathroom was a tiny bit ripped, the buttons on the TV were broken and the gap under the front door was a little too big for my taste. These things didn't really bother me though! You get what you pay for. The only real complaint I had was when we checked in the lobby it was ridiculously hot, and there was a overwhelming smell of body odor :( A woman on the other side of the counter (looked like she just got off work) had a cigarette in her mouth being loud and obnoxious. Kinda unprofessional in my opinion. When we checked out the next day. The lobby still smelled of B.O. :/. Overall I had a great time.
1 night romance trip May 23, 2015
"Nice stay!"
Such an easy walk to the Moda Center and Veterans Memorial! Pet friendly and the staff was great!
1 night family trip May 9, 2015
"Shiloh Inn"
Bathroom very small. Entire hotel had a moldy smell
3 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
Joyce
"Average hotel"
There for business. Nothing glamorous. Good location.
4 night business trip Apr 14, 2015
"great time in Portland..slept well!"
we went for the trailblazers game! It would be great if you had a shuttle for the moda center, but we understand the cost for a small business! Your employee on the afternoon shift was a great help and the a.m. girl was very nice. We both work in service jobs so it means a lot coming from picky me!
1 night romance trip Mar 30, 2015
Nice facilities and amenities. Not too much and not too little.
Response by Shilo Inn Rose Garden - Oregon
Thank you for your review and for being a valued Shilo guest. Sincerely, G. Sorrels-General Manager
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
This is a small hotel but still has all of the amenities you have come to expect. The location was quite near the Oregon Convention Center and convenient to shopping and restaurants. Continental breakfast was adequate with restocking throughout the three hours it was open. Seating was at a premium but you can always go back to your room. I would definitely consider this small hotel again, even if it wasn't the bargain price we paid!
"We'll be back!"
The stay was fabulous due to the friendly and accommodating staff. They were wonderful!
4 night trip with friends Mar 18, 2015
Jack
"It's a clean place to sleep"
Out--of-date. Room was right next to the breakfast room, so very noisy.
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
"Shilo inn portland moda center"
Was very nice to be able to walk to nba game. I would like to see breakfast room stay open a little longer. Check out time was nice
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
"Our stay at the Shilo Inn Rose Garden"
The staff was very helpful and knowledgeable about the area. The room was a King Deluxe and was in decent condition. Quite a bit of dust on the entertainment center and other areas. We had trouble with our room key and the young lady at the desk immediately came up and helped us with our door key.
Response by Shilo Inn Rose Garden - Oregon
Thank you for choosing Shilo Inns and for your review. The dust you mention has been reviewed with the Executive Housekeeper. We hope to see you again for a future stay. Sincerely, G. Sorrels-General Manager
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
Melvin
"not what I expected"
This was a run down old shilo inn. Big old school TV, old looking all around. smelled like the pool. Won't stay here again.
Response by Shilo Inn Rose Garden - Oregon
Thank you for your review. I sincerely apologize your experience did not meet your expectations. We hope to have a future opportunity to earn your confidence. Sincerely, G. Sorrels-General Manager
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
Lea
"it sucks"
The keys never worked every time i walked out to leave i'd come and have to up to the front desk just to get into my room
1 night trip Mar 7, 2015
Angelette
"Ok place to crash after a game"
The hotel is not nice, let's just get that out of the way. That being said, I come to a lot of Blazers games and this hotel has free parking and free breakfast. When your using the place to just essentially sleep, it works. The TV sucks, they are the old style and all need to be replaced. Cable channels are few and they don't get Comcast or pac 12 networks so no go watching any sports. Bathroom was small And shower had little to no pressure. But like I said I pay $40 just to park sometimes so for $80 it's a good value for a place to park, sleep and free breakfast.
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
"Close-in motel adjacent to Oregon Conv. Center."
Helpful front desk clerks working in maybe maintenance wanting motel.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
"More than meets the eye"
Though the outside looked a little dated, the room was on a scale of the Crowne Plaza across the street. Very nice furnishings, well kept, nice & friendly staff, safe environment.
5 night business trip Feb 14, 2015
Christopher
"Adequate"
Convenient location, free wi-fi, parking, friendly staff, clean room, nice price. Hotel is a little tired, no exercise room, neighborhood a little sketchy. Very adequate place to stay.
1 night business trip Feb 10, 2015
A bit crowded with all the appliances we have come to expect in rooms. But certainly pleasant.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
"Shiloh review"
The card key didn't work very well....worked only about 1 every 20-30 swipes. It was only 1 night so we put up with it. Also the back entrance door to the hotel was frequently left ajar (not closing on its own) which didn't seem very secure for us occupants.
1 night family trip Jan 30, 2015
Nice hotel, right off the highway. Bathroom was very tiny, would not be suitable for a large person. Convenient location made it worth it.
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
"Only if you are desperate!"
We chose this hotel because it is very close to the Portland concert venue, Moda Center. (formerly the Rose Garden) We had tickets to see Elton John on a Thursday evening and we live 2 hours away. Drove into town and tried to check in so we could park the car, grab some dinner and walk to the concert. We were running late but I went into the office and after first saying he couldn't find the reservation, despite the confirmation letter from Expedia in my hand, he gave me a key. We had to go so didn't even go to the room. The concert was fabulous!!! It was great to leisurely wander back to our hotel, avoiding all the traffic. However when we got to the room that was supposed to be ours there was a Do Not Disturb sign on the doorknob ! I returned to the office, the clerk was surprised to see us, I don't see that you have a reservation, he says . I have a key and a letter I say. We go back and forth. Finally he takes back the key and finds us another room, but like we were disturbing him!! The hotel itself is small, not well maintained and scruffy around the edges. The room was ok, somewhat modernized but with spots that needed some work. If I attedned another concert near there I would try very hard to find a different hotel, mostly due to the bad attitude of the staff and iffy state of this hotel!
Other trip Jan 22, 2015
"Convenient, poor breakfast, sketchy housekeeping"
The front desk staff was friendly. Convenient location within easy walking distance of Max light rail, convention center, Moda Center, Ambridge Events Center. It's about six blocks to the Lloyd Center Mall. There is no elevator so I had to schlep my bags up the stairs to my second-floor room. The rooms look like they have recently updated linens. The bed was comfortable. Parking is free, which is handy if you're attending a nearby event and a definite selling point compared with other nearby hotels. There were two issues: 1) The breakfast is perhaps the worst I have ever seen for a hotel. Coffee, toast and bagels, instant oatmeal. A bowl of mushy apples. No protein. No waffles. No milk or yogurt. I walked two blocks to McDonalds. Still cheaper than parking. 2) Housekeeping visited my room while I was out, to empty the trash and provide fresh towels. But they left dirty towels in the bathtub and didn't make the bed. Kind of a head scratcher. I would stay again if I were traveling alone, based on the location and free parking. If I had my family with me I would definitely stay someplace with a real breakfast.
2 night business trip Jan 16, 2015
"Pleasant stay"
It was a great location and a great price. The rooms were fine, the bed and breakfast offerings were mediocre but you get what you pay for. If your looking for an affordable place downtown this is perfect.
1 night family trip Jan 16, 2015
Kristina
"Great location and friendly staff!"
My girlfriend and I decided to come check out Portland and were debating between this hotel and one near the airport. So glad we chose Shilo Inn! The buses and light rail would pick us up right across the street from the hotel, and it would only take about 15-20 minutes to get into Downtown. The staff was very friendly, and the price was reasonable. My only complain would be the strong smell of cleaning products in the hallways to the room, but it didn't smell at all in the room so it's not a major complaint. When I come back to Portland I'll defintely be staying here again!
Other trip Jan 17, 2015
"Good value!"
Hotel is dated and breakfast is bagels and oatmeal, but our room was clean an comfortable.
2 night romance trip Jan 9, 2015
"Great for an overnight stay"
We booked this hotel because it was close to the Moda Center and we had Blazer tickets. It was a quick, 5-minute walk over, so we didn't have to drive or park. The room was small, but clean, and the women at the front desk were personable and helpful. It's not a destination hotel, but it was great for a quick overnight stay.
1 night trip with friends Jan 8, 2015
Terrie
"Great location, but...."
Very disappointing...not really what I expected from a good brand name. Frist the pros: The location is very good, easy access to Lloyd Center, the Pearl District, and Downtown. The neighborhood is a nice mix also, lots of restaurants from fast food to upscale within walking distance. The staff was friendly and tried to help as best they could. The cons? Well, the facility is old and shows it's age. Other reviewers were right; there is a very distinct odor (not really offensive, but it gets that way over time) and the door locks are very tricky to operate. The rooms are all inside, which may increase security, I suppose, but reminds me of a tired college dorm. The shower and bathroom arrangements are a bit strange. The sink is outside the bathroom; why? It was clearly moved at some time. The shower looks like it was cobbled up out of one of those hand held shower attachments...it works OK, just strange. The TV is old and on its last legs, but that's OK too since there are only 8-10 channels available and no guide, either printed or on screen. We're not really here to watch TV, but still... The complimentary breakfast? Generic bagels, tiny apples, coffee, and little containers of jam and peanut butter. Overall, I guess it's OK if all you want is the convenient location and minimal amenities. Seems overpriced for what it offers though and I think there are a lot better options. The staff tried but there is only so much they can do. Sorry to be so critical, but there it is.
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
"Nice place to stay"
The staff was friendly, helpful and courteous. For an older hotel I found it to be clean, efficient (lots of amenities in one room!!) and fairly priced. Good location too. I would stay there again.
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
Diana
"Neutral with risks"
Hotel was older, but it was clean. card key door lock didnt work very well, took at least 4 or 5 trys to get it to unlock each time, the bathroom was so small you had to step to the side of the toilet to open or close the door on the inside. And outr final discoverywas we actually had to ask for an additional blanket because what was on the bed was almost as thin as the sheet, the next morning we learned from the maid service they forgot to put the comforter on the bed.
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
Teddy
"Great Location & Staff was Nice"
The room was nice and the location was great, we were close to the Moda Center probably like a ten minute walk and really close to the concert we were going to. The blankets looked a little dirty and had holes in them but it was still a great location and we were hardly there. I would have liked to have been offered a bottom floor since there were four of us and I feel like we were a bit noisy to be on a floor above people. The hotel staff was great but one of the girls was not familiar with the area which made it difficult to ask her questions and where to go.
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
Kendra
"Near Moda"
Convenient to Moda Ctr. Good price.
1 night trip Dec 15, 2014
"no hot water"
No hot water, no coffee with the free breakfast which was slim picking. Staff was nice but overworked, same gentleman behind the counter nearly the entire time (think he was pulling his 4th or 5 double shift but he was remarkably nice considering. He managed to get us a discount on both rooms because of the water situation) You can't easily get into the bathroom and close the door, not enough clearance and I am not big by any means. Location was good, parking ample and free. Unfortunately we will not choose this place for our visit next year because of the lack of hot showers.
3 night family trip Dec 4, 2014
"Customer service lacking"
The TV broke shortly after I arrived. Maintenance suggested it had burned out and went to reception to see if there was another room. I never heard from her or the front desk. When I went to enquire why nobody had returned to tell me, I was told the hotel was full so they couldn't do anything. I suggested in future they should let the guest know what was going on, not just leave them hanging. No refund or replacement was offered.
Response by Shilo Inn Rose Garden - Oregon
Thank you for your review and for choosing Shilo Inns. Sincerely. G. Sorrels-General Manager
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
Good place to stay if your going to the Moda Center for an event. A 5 minute walk.
Ed
"Smells Super old"
Hotel Smelled super old, like it was stagnant. Electronic keys did not work. Staff redid them 4 times. They never worked. They had to let us in with a master key. A little disappointing for costing $145.00 a night. But close to Moda Center. Also was out of coffee in the morning :( Staff was nice. NEEDS A REMODEL BAD !!!!!
Response by Shilo Inn Rose Garden - Oregon
Thank you for your review. I sincerely hope you will give us a future opportunity to earn your confidence. Sincerely, G. Sorrels-General Manager
Reavis family
"Meets my business travel needs quite nicely"
Room was large and had no problems or lack of amenities. Great location for convention center, restaurants, max train.
Response by Shilo Inn Rose Garden - Oregon
Thank you for choosing Shilo Inns and for your review. We look forward to seeing you again for a future stay. Sincerely, G. Sorrels-General Manager
ento
Location is great if you are going to an event in the convention center. The only complaint I have would be the odd smell of the room.
Other trip Nov 19, 2014
"You won't get what you see at this Shilo Inn"
I had specifically reserved a room with a couch according to the hotels.com website but when we went to check-in, the front office staff said that this was wrong. They only had 4-5 rooms with couches and they were all gone. After two long conversations and strong admonitions, they finally took some money off the room rate,
1 night business trip Nov 7, 2014
Basic accommodation in good location. Okay for the price, but dated.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
Rooms are adequate but that's all. Bathroom too small, hard to step in and close the door. English muffin I pulled out to toast was moldy.
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
Nice stay but wish they had recycle bin in the room. And bfast was low budget.
4 night business trip Oct 25, 2014
Kimberly
"Great bargain"
There are many hotels in the area, and this was an affordable gem. Although it was in the middle of the city, the room was very quiet and the service was excellent. It was worth the price. I believe the low price was only reflected in its breakfast selection, but it was a free breakfast.
3 night business trip Oct 23, 2014
Free WiFi wasn't working during our stay, and this made conducting business difficult.
2 night business trip Oct 24, 2014
"Met our needs"
We needed a place where we could have a dog and a safe place to park the car and leave him inside while we went to the Moda center. The parking was free and our car was in clear view of the lobby (shaded by the building next door and a cool rainy day). I was surprised to see all of the bedding to be light weight and white which means it's all being washed (bedspread too) after every guest. The room was spotless and that's a good thing in my germaphobe world. Continental breakfast was adequite (also very clean) but I would have added yogurt for a protein choice. The motel was a quick walk to our destination and was easy to get where we wanted to go by car. Not a fancy place but I was expecting that and it reflected in the price.
1 night family trip Oct 25, 2014
"Highly recommend"
I was looking for a good hotel that would not be crazy expensive and I am very happy about what I got. I was actually expecting Shilo Inn be a lot less 'excellent' than it was. I would highly recommend it to everyone.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
Masha
"Close to Moda Center"
When you get a suite and the bathroom is so small that you have to squeeze between the toilet and the door to get out, I wouldn't consider it to be a suite.Carpet was quite stained. The check in was easy and 1 hr earlier than expected though.
Other trip Oct 26, 2014