All hotels in Portland, Oregon, United States of America
1506 NE 2nd Avenue, Portland, OR, 97232, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Front desk staff great, room nice- wonderful!"
Wow! For the price I paid, I expected a really gritty hotel. I can't believe how comfortable it was. More than that, I was overwhelmed by how wonderful the staff were. I am so glad that I stayed here and will definitely stay there again if I find myself looking for a place in Portland. The people working at the front desk were wonderful and clearly interested in the guests having a pleasant experience. Also, the bed was comfortable and the room was nice. I have nothing bad to say at all- wonderful!
4 night business trip Aug 16, 2015
Noelle
"Adequate"
Hotel was adequate. Dining room is so tiny that we had to bring the meager breakfast back to our room. And we specifically chose this hotel for location right near streetcar, only to wait for it and then discover the whole line was closed for bridge maintenance that week. Not the hotel's fault, but when I suggested it would be helpful if they posted a notice at the desk that the line wasn't running, they ignored it and obviously had no idea that out-of-towners would find such a thing useful.
1 night family trip Aug 12, 2015
Christopher
"Good Value Motel in the Lloyd District"
Nice cozy motel in the Lloyd District of Portland. Walking distance to the Lloyd center where there's a mall and a good selection of food. Room was clean but at first had a strange chemical smell to it, but after airing out the room for a short time the stay was otherwise pleasantly uneventful.
1 night trip with friends Aug 9, 2015
Jared
"Noon Checkout!"
We stayed here our last night in Portland. It's a small hotel near some very large ones. Very accessible to downtown (right across the bridge). Nice room with older furnishing. Noon checkout was unexpected and nice.
1 night romance trip Aug 7, 2015
"Love the Shilo!"
This hotel is very clean and is in a great location. Service staff was very pleasant. My only complaint is the vending machine wasn't working.
1 night romance trip Aug 8, 2015
Aimee
"Clean, close to downtown"
Great price for the location, easy ten minute ride downtown on public transit. Nothing fancy, the rooms were small but very clean. If all you're looking for is a two star hotel in which to get a night's rest, this place will do nicely. Be aware, no check in before 4pm.
Response by Shilo Inn Rose Garden - Oregon
Thank you for choosing Shilo Inn Rose Garden. Sincerely, Raymond Badalich-Asst. General Manager
1 night romance trip Aug 8, 2015
Gerald
"Good enough"
Was good enough for what it was. Stayed one night. The sauna was weird...down some steps leading to someplace you shouldn't be going :)
1 night romance trip Jul 31, 2015
Edward
"Central location and good price"
Convenient location near downtown, nice to have fridge and microwave in room.
1 night romance trip Jul 31, 2015
Wendy
"Only the price is right"
the carpet could use a good cleaning or replacement. The pillows are awful-like flat slightly soft bricks. The climate control knob was broken. Someone left a long black hair and a dump in our bathroom despite the "do not disturb" sign being in the door. Breakfast didn't even offer any fruit or yogurt. Need I say more?
2 night trip with friends Jul 29, 2015
"Rose Garden Shilo Inn"
Initial review provided by Trip Advisor. The front desk manager was polite, but we also encountered another female employee who was very rude. The rooms were clean but in a questionable neighborhood. Bed-comfortable and clean. On our return trip we had mistakenly booked the Beaverton Shilo Inn... amazing! Would I stay at Rose Garden again? No. Beaverton? Definitely yes!
1 night romance trip Jul 10, 2015
L Sue
Quick, easy, nice enough place!
1 night business trip Jul 20, 2015
bryan
"Great value, great service"
Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Hotel was convenient to convention center and public transport. Hallways a bit rundown but room up-to-date with very comfy beds. Except for the coffee, the breakfast was no good at all. Just a few pusillanimous bagels and muffins. Fortunately there were plenty of great dining spots nearby.
Response by Shilo Inn Rose Garden - Oregon
Thank you for choosing us while in Portland, OR. We look forward to serving you again in the future. Sincerely, G. Sorrels-General Manager
6 night business trip Jun 22, 2015
Anne
"a good choice"
This is a moderately priced hotel tucked in between some very expensive ones. There is easy access to both light rail and the new streetcar line so there is no need to drive downtown, or many other places either. The neighborhood seemed safe -- even at night.
2 night romance trip May 23, 2015
Neil
"I Would Return."
My boyfriend surprised me with a night in Portland for my birthday. (5/23/15) We stayed one night. Overall the room was clean, it smelled clean too!! :) The AC worked wonderfully and bathtub was enjoyable. We had the sauna downstairs all to ourselves. Which was nice. There were a couple things that were run down (nothing major) like the carpet near the bathroom was a tiny bit ripped, the buttons on the TV were broken and the gap under the front door was a little too big for my taste. These things didn't really bother me though! You get what you pay for. The only real complaint I had was when we checked in the lobby it was ridiculously hot, and there was a overwhelming smell of body odor :( A woman on the other side of the counter (looked like she just got off work) had a cigarette in her mouth being loud and obnoxious. Kinda unprofessional in my opinion. When we checked out the next day. The lobby still smelled of B.O. :/. Overall I had a great time.
1 night romance trip May 23, 2015
"Better than we thought it was gonna be."
Hotel staff was nice and quick. Only downside was we thought we were getting two queen beds instead of one king and one pull out.
Response by Shilo Inn Rose Garden - Oregon
Thank you for your review. Thank you for the nice comments about the staff. I will be sure to pass them along. We look forward to seeing you again for a future stay. Sincerely, G. Sorrels-General Manager
Other trip May 25, 2015
"Highly recommend"
Great location for a great price. Very close to everything we went to. Breakfast is the usual bagels/cereal. The staff is extremely nice and courteous. If you're just looking for a room without the bells ans whistles, this hotel is definitely for you. Would definitely come back to stay if I'm ever in Portland again.
Response by Shilo Inn Rose Garden - Oregon
Dear Amanda, Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay, location and price. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Sincerely, G. Sorrels-General Manager
Other trip May 22, 2015
"Nice stay!"
Such an easy walk to the Moda Center and Veterans Memorial! Pet friendly and the staff was great!
1 night family trip May 9, 2015
"Shiloh Inn"
Bathroom very small. Entire hotel had a moldy smell
3 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
Joyce
"Average hotel"
There for business. Nothing glamorous. Good location.
4 night business trip Apr 14, 2015
"great time in Portland..slept well!"
we went for the trailblazers game! It would be great if you had a shuttle for the moda center, but we understand the cost for a small business! Your employee on the afternoon shift was a great help and the a.m. girl was very nice. We both work in service jobs so it means a lot coming from picky me!
1 night romance trip Mar 30, 2015
Nice facilities and amenities. Not too much and not too little.
Response by Shilo Inn Rose Garden - Oregon
Thank you for your review and for being a valued Shilo guest. Sincerely, G. Sorrels-General Manager
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
This is a small hotel but still has all of the amenities you have come to expect. The location was quite near the Oregon Convention Center and convenient to shopping and restaurants. Continental breakfast was adequate with restocking throughout the three hours it was open. Seating was at a premium but you can always go back to your room. I would definitely consider this small hotel again, even if it wasn't the bargain price we paid!
"We'll be back!"
The stay was fabulous due to the friendly and accommodating staff. They were wonderful!
4 night trip with friends Mar 18, 2015
Jack
"It's a clean place to sleep"
Out--of-date. Room was right next to the breakfast room, so very noisy.
Thank you for choosing Shilo Inns. Sincerely, G. Sorrels-General Manager
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
"Shilo inn portland moda center"
Was very nice to be able to walk to nba game. I would like to see breakfast room stay open a little longer. Check out time was nice
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
"Our stay at the Shilo Inn Rose Garden"
The staff was very helpful and knowledgeable about the area. The room was a King Deluxe and was in decent condition. Quite a bit of dust on the entertainment center and other areas. We had trouble with our room key and the young lady at the desk immediately came up and helped us with our door key.
Response by Shilo Inn Rose Garden - Oregon
Thank you for choosing Shilo Inns and for your review. The dust you mention has been reviewed with the Executive Housekeeper. We hope to see you again for a future stay. Sincerely, G. Sorrels-General Manager
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
Melvin
"not what I expected"
This was a run down old shilo inn. Big old school TV, old looking all around. smelled like the pool. Won't stay here again.
Response by Shilo Inn Rose Garden - Oregon
Thank you for your review. I sincerely apologize your experience did not meet your expectations. We hope to have a future opportunity to earn your confidence. Sincerely, G. Sorrels-General Manager
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
Lea
"it sucks"
The keys never worked every time i walked out to leave i'd come and have to up to the front desk just to get into my room
1 night trip Mar 7, 2015
Angelette
"Ok place to crash after a game"
The hotel is not nice, let's just get that out of the way. That being said, I come to a lot of Blazers games and this hotel has free parking and free breakfast. When your using the place to just essentially sleep, it works. The TV sucks, they are the old style and all need to be replaced. Cable channels are few and they don't get Comcast or pac 12 networks so no go watching any sports. Bathroom was small And shower had little to no pressure. But like I said I pay $40 just to park sometimes so for $80 it's a good value for a place to park, sleep and free breakfast.
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
"Close-in motel adjacent to Oregon Conv. Center."
Helpful front desk clerks working in maybe maintenance wanting motel.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
"More than meets the eye"
Though the outside looked a little dated, the room was on a scale of the Crowne Plaza across the street. Very nice furnishings, well kept, nice & friendly staff, safe environment.
5 night business trip Feb 14, 2015
Christopher
"Adequate"
Convenient location, free wi-fi, parking, friendly staff, clean room, nice price. Hotel is a little tired, no exercise room, neighborhood a little sketchy. Very adequate place to stay.
1 night business trip Feb 10, 2015
A bit crowded with all the appliances we have come to expect in rooms. But certainly pleasant.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
"Shiloh review"
The card key didn't work very well....worked only about 1 every 20-30 swipes. It was only 1 night so we put up with it. Also the back entrance door to the hotel was frequently left ajar (not closing on its own) which didn't seem very secure for us occupants.
1 night family trip Jan 30, 2015
Nice hotel, right off the highway. Bathroom was very tiny, would not be suitable for a large person. Convenient location made it worth it.
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
"Only if you are desperate!"
We chose this hotel because it is very close to the Portland concert venue, Moda Center. (formerly the Rose Garden) We had tickets to see Elton John on a Thursday evening and we live 2 hours away. Drove into town and tried to check in so we could park the car, grab some dinner and walk to the concert. We were running late but I went into the office and after first saying he couldn't find the reservation, despite the confirmation letter from Expedia in my hand, he gave me a key. We had to go so didn't even go to the room. The concert was fabulous!!! It was great to leisurely wander back to our hotel, avoiding all the traffic. However when we got to the room that was supposed to be ours there was a Do Not Disturb sign on the doorknob ! I returned to the office, the clerk was surprised to see us, I don't see that you have a reservation, he says . I have a key and a letter I say. We go back and forth. Finally he takes back the key and finds us another room, but like we were disturbing him!! The hotel itself is small, not well maintained and scruffy around the edges. The room was ok, somewhat modernized but with spots that needed some work. If I attedned another concert near there I would try very hard to find a different hotel, mostly due to the bad attitude of the staff and iffy state of this hotel!
Other trip Jan 22, 2015
"Convenient, poor breakfast, sketchy housekeeping"
The front desk staff was friendly. Convenient location within easy walking distance of Max light rail, convention center, Moda Center, Ambridge Events Center. It's about six blocks to the Lloyd Center Mall. There is no elevator so I had to schlep my bags up the stairs to my second-floor room. The rooms look like they have recently updated linens. The bed was comfortable. Parking is free, which is handy if you're attending a nearby event and a definite selling point compared with other nearby hotels. There were two issues: 1) The breakfast is perhaps the worst I have ever seen for a hotel. Coffee, toast and bagels, instant oatmeal. A bowl of mushy apples. No protein. No waffles. No milk or yogurt. I walked two blocks to McDonalds. Still cheaper than parking. 2) Housekeeping visited my room while I was out, to empty the trash and provide fresh towels. But they left dirty towels in the bathtub and didn't make the bed. Kind of a head scratcher. I would stay again if I were traveling alone, based on the location and free parking. If I had my family with me I would definitely stay someplace with a real breakfast.
2 night business trip Jan 16, 2015
"Pleasant stay"
It was a great location and a great price. The rooms were fine, the bed and breakfast offerings were mediocre but you get what you pay for. If your looking for an affordable place downtown this is perfect.
1 night family trip Jan 16, 2015
Kristina
"Great location and friendly staff!"
My girlfriend and I decided to come check out Portland and were debating between this hotel and one near the airport. So glad we chose Shilo Inn! The buses and light rail would pick us up right across the street from the hotel, and it would only take about 15-20 minutes to get into Downtown. The staff was very friendly, and the price was reasonable. My only complain would be the strong smell of cleaning products in the hallways to the room, but it didn't smell at all in the room so it's not a major complaint. When I come back to Portland I'll defintely be staying here again!
Other trip Jan 17, 2015
"Good value!"
Hotel is dated and breakfast is bagels and oatmeal, but our room was clean an comfortable.
2 night romance trip Jan 9, 2015
"Great for an overnight stay"
We booked this hotel because it was close to the Moda Center and we had Blazer tickets. It was a quick, 5-minute walk over, so we didn't have to drive or park. The room was small, but clean, and the women at the front desk were personable and helpful. It's not a destination hotel, but it was great for a quick overnight stay.
1 night trip with friends Jan 8, 2015
Terrie
"Great location, but...."
Very disappointing...not really what I expected from a good brand name. Frist the pros: The location is very good, easy access to Lloyd Center, the Pearl District, and Downtown. The neighborhood is a nice mix also, lots of restaurants from fast food to upscale within walking distance. The staff was friendly and tried to help as best they could. The cons? Well, the facility is old and shows it's age. Other reviewers were right; there is a very distinct odor (not really offensive, but it gets that way over time) and the door locks are very tricky to operate. The rooms are all inside, which may increase security, I suppose, but reminds me of a tired college dorm. The shower and bathroom arrangements are a bit strange. The sink is outside the bathroom; why? It was clearly moved at some time. The shower looks like it was cobbled up out of one of those hand held shower attachments...it works OK, just strange. The TV is old and on its last legs, but that's OK too since there are only 8-10 channels available and no guide, either printed or on screen. We're not really here to watch TV, but still... The complimentary breakfast? Generic bagels, tiny apples, coffee, and little containers of jam and peanut butter. Overall, I guess it's OK if all you want is the convenient location and minimal amenities. Seems overpriced for what it offers though and I think there are a lot better options. The staff tried but there is only so much they can do. Sorry to be so critical, but there it is.
Response by Shilo Inn Rose Garden - Oregon
Thank you for your review and for being a valued Shilo guest. We look forward to a future opportunity to earn your confidence. Sincerely, G. Sorrels-General Manager
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
"Nice place to stay"
The staff was friendly, helpful and courteous. For an older hotel I found it to be clean, efficient (lots of amenities in one room!!) and fairly priced. Good location too. I would stay there again.
Response by Shilo Inn Rose Garden - Oregon
Dear Diana, Thank you for choosing Shilo Inns and for your review. Sincerely, G. Sorrels-General Manager
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
Diana
"Neutral with risks"
Hotel was older, but it was clean. card key door lock didnt work very well, took at least 4 or 5 trys to get it to unlock each time, the bathroom was so small you had to step to the side of the toilet to open or close the door on the inside. And outr final discoverywas we actually had to ask for an additional blanket because what was on the bed was almost as thin as the sheet, the next morning we learned from the maid service they forgot to put the comforter on the bed.
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
Teddy
"Great Location & Staff was Nice"
The room was nice and the location was great, we were close to the Moda Center probably like a ten minute walk and really close to the concert we were going to. The blankets looked a little dirty and had holes in them but it was still a great location and we were hardly there. I would have liked to have been offered a bottom floor since there were four of us and I feel like we were a bit noisy to be on a floor above people. The hotel staff was great but one of the girls was not familiar with the area which made it difficult to ask her questions and where to go.
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
Kendra
"Near Moda"
Convenient to Moda Ctr. Good price.
1 night trip Dec 15, 2014
"no hot water"
No hot water, no coffee with the free breakfast which was slim picking. Staff was nice but overworked, same gentleman behind the counter nearly the entire time (think he was pulling his 4th or 5 double shift but he was remarkably nice considering. He managed to get us a discount on both rooms because of the water situation) You can't easily get into the bathroom and close the door, not enough clearance and I am not big by any means. Location was good, parking ample and free. Unfortunately we will not choose this place for our visit next year because of the lack of hot showers.
3 night family trip Dec 4, 2014
"Customer service lacking"
The TV broke shortly after I arrived. Maintenance suggested it had burned out and went to reception to see if there was another room. I never heard from her or the front desk. When I went to enquire why nobody had returned to tell me, I was told the hotel was full so they couldn't do anything. I suggested in future they should let the guest know what was going on, not just leave them hanging. No refund or replacement was offered.
Response by Shilo Inn Rose Garden - Oregon
Thank you for your review and for choosing Shilo Inns. Sincerely. G. Sorrels-General Manager
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
Good place to stay if your going to the Moda Center for an event. A 5 minute walk.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
Ed
"Smells Super old"
Hotel Smelled super old, like it was stagnant. Electronic keys did not work. Staff redid them 4 times. They never worked. They had to let us in with a master key. A little disappointing for costing $145.00 a night. But close to Moda Center. Also was out of coffee in the morning :( Staff was nice. NEEDS A REMODEL BAD !!!!!
Response by Shilo Inn Rose Garden - Oregon
Thank you for your review. I sincerely hope you will give us a future opportunity to earn your confidence. Sincerely, G. Sorrels-General Manager
Other trip Nov 24, 2014