All hotels in Prague, Czech Republic

"Not such a Deal"
This NOT a four-star hotel bits on the very edge of stare medto old town/Jeeish quarter and while easy to walk to the main square it's isolated and in s bit of s creepy location on one side. While the buffet breakfast was good, the hotel is seriously shabby and the decor and interior hallways are dingy and a throwback to the communist era. It's not charming. It's not cheerful. It's just s place to sleep. I complained that my bed had half s blanket on it that didn't cover the bed. They kept fighting with me that this is how they go it. I kept saying that I need two blankets and larger sheets then and they continued to make s stink until I reminded them I was s paying guest and I wanted a good nights sleep. Finally, a manager came and fixed it but do begrudgingly. Again, you get what you pay for.
5 night trip with friends Apr 21, 2015
"Good location, nice breakfast"
City centre hotel next to the river, quiet area, helpful staff.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
jimmy
Toilet was not clean. AC did not work. Hair on sheets.
Other trip Oct 10, 2014
Buffet Breakfast (10 USD) was great for Americans. We had eggs, sausages, hash browns, fruit, yogurt, fruit, cereal, jelly, bread, orange juice, etc.
Response by Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town
Dear Guest, I was thrilled to note that you enjoyed your stay at the Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town and thank you for having taken your precious time to write your review. We will be looking forward to you future stays in our property. Greetings from Prague, Markéta Nedvědová Front Office Manager
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
Felipe
"Very good"
This hotel is the best I've ever stayed. Very calm and comfortable. You will be satisfied with staying for travel and business both cases.
Response by Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town
Dear Steve, thank you very much for your great comment! I was absolutely delighted to read you feedback and I am glad that you had a pleasant stay with us. Should you decide to return to Prague, I hope to welcome you personally back to our property again. Greetings from Prague, Markéta Nedvědová Front Office Manager
1 night business trip Jul 21, 2014
Steve Kang
"Hotel with perfect location"
We stayed in the hotel for two nights with friends and overall we are satisfied with our stay. The rooms were clean, well equipped though a bit small so for a longer stay it may not be that comfortable. Only one little problem was that in the bathroom there was a wall heater which caused to shut down all electricity in the bathroom on the 2nd evening when we tried to switch it on to heat up the bathroom. The hotel staff came and could fix the problem only partially. They promised they will come back within few minutes and will fix permanently but no one came and nothing happened even after several promises by the receptionist so at the end we were without lightning in the bathroom for the 2nd night so we had to use our flashlights when using the bathroom. Next day when checking out the receptionist was not even aware of what happened and there is a problem to fix so this made us a little bit disappointed that in fact the hotel did not do anything to fix it just gave a promise.
Response by Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town
Dear Peter, Thank you for you feedback following your stay in our property. I was sorry to read you encoutered difficulties concerning the electricity the last night of your stay. Allow me to inform you that upon check-our the Receptionist Veronika extended an apology for the inconvenience caused and offered you to speak to me directly, however this was refused at the time of check out. Nevertheless, I apologize, once again, for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and I hope to welcome you to our property in the future again. Best regards, Markéta Nedvědová Front Office Manager
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
"Nice hotel, clean, and conveniently located"
Staff were courteous and helpful.
4 night business trip Jul 2, 2014
"Good central location, clean and honest staff !!!"
Very helpful staff. Very honest. Forgot belt with silver buckle after checking out. One email and it was found. The belt was returned via mail for a very nominal postage fee.
Response by Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town
Dear Guest, Thank you for witing such a nice posting following your stay at the Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town. I am happy to read that you remained highly satisfied with the service provided by the hotel staff. It will be my pleasure to share your compliments with them. Hope to see you in our property in the future again. Regards from Prague, Marketa Nedvědova Front Office Manager
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
"2 sisters. 3 nights."
This was a nice and clean hotel. This was the last one of eight hotels my sister and I stayed in traveling Europe. It was clean and nice with friendly staff. The beds were a little hard but we were almost too exhausted to notice. When we ordered room service the first night after traveling all day by bus, train, metro, walking etc., we ordered an appetizer, two meals and a desert to share between the two of us. When the guy brought our food, he pointed to both of us and asked is all of this food for you? And scoffed then nodded sarcastically when I explained we had been traveling all day and hadn't had any food. We thought that was kind of rude. It may have been a lot of food, but he didn't need to remark on it. It's a good thing we are young (early twenties) and were too hungry to care. Also, since the wifi was free, of course it was spotty... there were only certain places it would work: the bathroom and on the floor by the door. This wouldn't be such a big deal if we didn't have our planes on airplane mode and if we could use data. Wifi was our only way to communicate back home, look up things to do the next day, and take care of miscellaneous things. Other notes: the clarion is a short walk-- 10 minutes-- to the Jewish quarter and 15 minutes to old town, and the Charles bridge. Overall we enjoyed our stay. We were there for 3 nights.
2 night trip Jun 10, 2014
Natalie
"7 days in Prague"
Ok, but would stay somewhere else. Would use airbnb next time.
Response by Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town
Dear Guest, Allow me to thank you for choosing our hotel while travelling to Prague. I was glad to note that overall your remained satisfied with your stay in our property. We will be happy to welcome your back should you decide to return to the Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town in the the future. With best regards from Prague, Markéta Nedvědová Front Office Manager
Other trip May 7, 2014
"Nice centrally-located hotel"
I've stayed here for times, and always think it's a gerat location, but in a quiet area. Mass transit nearby . Great breakfast.
2 night business trip Feb 27, 2014
"Very nice"
Staff was friendly and helpful
3 night trip Oct 9, 2013
the room was all of the above. I needed a bit of updating, but it was spacious and clean which to me was important. Prague was a beautiful place to visit. Prague old town was the perfect district to stay while siteseeing
Other trip Oct 8, 2013
"Nice quiet hotel near a river"
Nice location near river in a quiet place in proximity to all sightseeings. We had a room with a good view on the embankment
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
Andrey
"Good Choice"
I had a wonderful stay; good choice when staying in Old Town.
Other trip Aug 25, 2013
Babvis
"Excellent location in Old Town"
This Hotel was ideal for our stay in Prague and I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The staff was extremely friendly and very eager to help. We parked our car when we arrived and were able to walk everywhere from here. Extremely good value and comfort!
1 night trip Jul 8, 2013
Christina
Prague is a beautiful city that was enjoyed by all in our party.
7 night trip Jun 29, 2013
"Good location."
The hotel was close to the river, park and shopping. The room overlooked the river and was just steps away from Letna Park. I was able to walk to Old Town Square, Charles Bridge and most other tourist attractions. The only drawback from my stay was there really wasn't air conditioning. Fortunately I was able to open the windows and this made it quite pleasant to sleep at night.
Other trip Jul 7, 2013
Rob
"Good hotel with in walking distance of all sites"
The hotel was nice and clean, not swanky but that's not what I look for- good rates and middle of the road. It was not in the middle of the action which was nice when you wanted peace and quiet but yet you are with in walking distance of everything
Other trip Jun 30, 2013
dan
Most of the Prague city sights are located within walking distance of the Clarion Old Town. A tram stop is close by for traveling further afield. Our room on the 5th floor had great views of the river and the charming red-roofed city.
Other trip Jun 5, 2013
Joy
"never go to this hotel or any clarion hotel again"
1: You have to book the top floor suit to go to the roof top cafe, but this is not mentioned before booking. Still, they put those pictures on the web. I think it is deceiving. 2:Cezh ppl generally have no service mind, but since the WIFI in this hotel is really really bad. I called once at night. the lady at the reception only reply to ask me to go down to the reception area for WIFI. and she hanged up the phone without saying goodbye(I am not finished yet). I will never go to this hotel or any clarion hotel again.
3 night trip with friends May 8, 2013
"Good hotel for a couple of nights"
Expensive valet parking. Park opposite the hotel in the public parking. It only cost CZK200/EUR8 for the night vs EUR30 (hotel rate). The hotel could do with a bit of modernisation in the reception area and the lifts which are showing their age.
Other trip Apr 29, 2013
"Very Satisfied"
We were very happy with the hotel. We wanted a nice, clean room in a great location, and we got that. There was reliable wifi and wired internet in the room, and the room was tastefully furnished. The staff, with mediocre english, were polite and helpful. Not a big room, but this is Europe and on a two-day vacation, we didn't stay in the room. I certainly recommend it!
2 night romance trip Jan 13, 2013
"Superb Value just now (11/30/12)"
I just did a quick week scouting out Budapest and Prague for when I take my wife their next year. First night in Prague I went with a two-star-ish place and walked down by the river and noticed the Clarion. My hotel was a bit noisy so I got online and looked for a new place for the next night - saw the Clarion for only $20USD more, and only two blocks away (it was lousy weather and DID NOT want to relocate using tram/subway). I'll jump to end here for a second.. maybe it was an off-season, or internet special, or some other oddity, but I paid a two-star price for what I feel is a four-star hotel. Check-staff, very professional and courteous. Room - med to large, immaculate, mini-balcony (moot, freezing rain). SMALL plumbing gap below commode, which I only noticed while taking a bath in the wonderful full-sized tub. Breakfast buffet one of the best in my dozens Euro's over the years. Location: too funny.. I rode the subway and trams all over the place. When finished at the Old Town Center Square? I was flipping my map up and down trying to figure out how many connections to make back to the Clarion. Flipped it one more time and was amazed.. I was a three block walk away !
Other trip Dec 2, 2012
"A really good home base for a Prague visit."
Location: tops! One block from a tram line, 10 minutes walk from a metro station, one block from the river for easy foot navigation, but set back enough from traffic for quiet at night. Cleanliness: outstanding. Spotless. Room a bit small, quite adequate, beds very comfortable, lots of storage, bathroom brand new. Too hot in our room tho, and cold in our friends' next door. Breakfast buffet: what a spread! Fruits, meats, eggs, pastries, veggies, cheeses, great fresh bread/rolls. Tea good, coffee: well... Staff knowledgeable and helpful. Easy walking distance of Old Town & Jewish quarter attractions, and for walkers, a pleasant hike from almost anywhere you'd want to visit. Saw lots of families, couples and business travelers at breakfast. Outside is utlitarian but so what? You can gaze at the elaborate postal museum right across the street!
Other trip Nov 12, 2012
Diana
"Great hotel for people traveling alone"
There are five things that I look for in a hotel and I chose this hotel for that reason. 1. good reviews - most important - the search for a hotel can begin and end here 2. good location - I do not want to spend alot on transportation 3. breakfast included - a good way to start the day - one meal you don't have to worry about 4. free internet in room or lobby - If it isn't free, it is expensive 5. restaurant - this is for that day or night when you are hungry but too tired to leave the hotel and it does happen. My favorite thing about this hotel was the staff at the front desk. They were always so kind and helpful. It made my trip easy and more enjoyable because of it. Best staff that I have ever run across.
Other trip Oct 30, 2012
Sylvia
"I'd stay at the Clarion Again"
The hotel is about 10 minute walking distance to Old Town. It is also 20 minute walking distance from the Praha Hbf Train Station. Not too many restaurants in the vicinity. The morning buffet is pretty good. A wide selection to choose from.
Other trip Oct 17, 2012
Roland
"Acceptable for the price""""
The hotel is a good installation in a very good neighboorhood in Prague, near to many important touristic places in the city,,,but the real assistace of the staff members for the tourist is bad and they have serious problemems with the english language.
Other trip Aug 20, 2012
Jorge and Magda

"Decent"
Decent. Good value for money.
4 night business trip Jul 21, 2015
Alexander
"A good hotel"
-great location -breakfast is at the cafe on the same building, try to come early to get a sit -clean -feels a bit old -Thai massage place at the hotel -furniture and design could have been fancier for a 4* hotel -great internet connection -rooms can be of different size -they were nice to check me in 2 hours earlier without extra pay
2 night trip Nov 15, 2014
"Nice copy place"
the staff was very helpful. the room is spacious and clean. Only drawback is that the tub is quite high and can be difficult to 'climb' into
3 night romance trip Oct 4, 2014
"Comfortable hotel, good location"
Walking to the hotel from the tram stop we wondered what we'd find as the immediate area seemed a bit down at heel but the hotel itself was clean and well presented. We had to wait a few minutes for our room to be ready for which the staff were most apologetic. The room itself was clean, comfortable and well equipped - we were particularly pleased to find a kettle and tea tray as this had not been provided at our previous stop in Dresden. The location was ideal - just a few minutes walk to the old town square and near a tram stop for exploring further afield.
Response by Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town
Dear Guest, With a great pleasure I was reading your notes following your stay at the Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town. I was glad to read that you had a great stay us and thank you for kind feedback. We will be looking forward to your return stay any time soon. With best regards from Prague, Markéta Nedvědová Front Office Manager
Other trip Oct 2, 2014
"small friendly and comfortable for short stay"
friendly and attentive staff - I moved here after being very disappointed by the five star hotel I was staying in near the conference centre, where staff were surly and unhelpful with long queues at reception.
Response by Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town
Dear Guest, thank you for staying at the Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town while travelling to Prague. It was our pleaure to host you in our hotel and I was happy to note that you enjoyed your stay with us. In case you decide to return to Prague, I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you in our property again. Kindest regards from Prague, Markéta Nedvědová Front Office Manager
Other trip Sep 12, 2014
conf_ delegate
"Great hotel in old town"
The hotel is fantastic. Location is in old town, could easily walk to all the attractions. also easily accessible by train or taxi. Short Taxi ride is cheap ($10) from main station to hotel. Good breakfast selection. Good wifi.
Response by Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town
Dear Guest, With a great pleassure I was reading your feedback concerning your stay at the Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town. The hotel is conveniently located in the city center, close to the main attractions in Prague. I was glad you enjoyed our breakfast in the Benada restaurant. Should you return to Prague I hope we will have to pleasure to host you in our property again. Greetings from Prague, Markéta Nedvědová Front Office Manager
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
solo traveller
"Nice Hotel at a Good Location"
Nice Hotel at a Good Location. Comfortable bed and rooms. Good price too. Friendly staff.
Response by Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town
Dear Amit, Thank you very much for your kind comments following your stay in our hotel. I was happy to read that the location and the rooms met your expectations! Furthermore, I very appreciate your recongtion of the hotel staff. We will be delighted to welcome you back in our property during your next trip to the Czech Republic. Greetings from Prague, Markéta Nedvědová Front Office Manager
Other trip Jun 13, 2014
Amit
"Absolutely Amazing"
Normally I don't write reviews but this praise needed to be given. My husband and I were extremely happy with this hotel! The room was stunning (not the best view, but we weren't planning to spend our time in the hotel staring out the window either). The staff were extremely helpful with everything and though we didn't speak a word of Czech, they were amazing! The location: At first, on the map, it seemed really out of the way to the Old Town Square and Charles Bridge (two main sights). It's NOT! The location is perfect! Literally a 10 min walk to Old Town Square and maybe another 5-10 min to Charles Bridge. The time flies by because you're so busy looking at all the beautiful buildings, that the walk seems like 2 minutes. I honestly have nothing negative to say about this hotel! It was a little out of our price range but it was well worth it!! Will absolutely stay here again!
3 night trip May 28, 2014
Victoria
"Nice hotel, quiet setting, conveniently located."
A very comfortable and pleasant five days in Prague, thanks to the convenient and quiet location of the hotel. You can walk practically anywhere from here; and seeing Prague on foot is the best way of getting to know it as there is nothing like a 'bad part of town'. It's also a treat riding the trams and the Metro; worth it if only to appreciate how efficient and hassle-free, as well as reasonably priced, public transport can be. (An important lesson for London!) Prague is beautifully planned, and very well-maintained. There is an earthiness about its older buildings, churches, bridges, and monuments. People are warm but gently reserved, not over-friendly. Plenty of places to eat and drink, a variety of options - pubs, cafes, restaurants. There are some lovely museums and galleries. A visit to the National Gallery at Veletržní palác is a must for art lovers. It is slightly off the beaten track, but worth spending half a day there to make the most of it. Overall, Prague has a relaxed atmosphere, and its easy to soak up the cool vibe of a terrific modern city with a deep and moving history.
Response by Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town
Dear Guest, Thank you for writing such nice commnets concerning your stay at the Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town. We value your kind feedback and look forward to welcome your back next time you visit the Czech Republic again. Best regards from the Golden City of Prague, Markéta Nedvědová Front Office Manager
Other trip May 1, 2014
"Nice hotel, good breakfast."
Hotel generally good but my room was very warm/hot (27C) when I arrived in it. The air-con didn't work. I asked at reception and was told just to open the window. So at night time it was so hot, I open the double glazed windows and all I can hear is cars up/down the cobbled street and drunk people shouting - so heat + noise = not much sleep. Please Clarion you have a nice hotel but get the air-con sorted out in every room. Thank you
Other trip Apr 30, 2014
Jeremey
Good room. Great wifi. Good breakfast. Helpful satff. Terrific location. Walking distance (15min) to Charles Bridge. 1 min to River. Close ( 5 min ) to shopping Center. Can get everywhere without using a taxi. Very helpful and attentive staff. Easy to walk anywhere. Jewish Cemetry 5 min walk.
4 night trip Apr 1, 2014
annemarie
"Great location, perhaps flattered by 4 stars."
Location is terrific, both in terms of the sights but also transport links from airport. I was very lucky to get a room on top floor with roof terrace, and the room was spotlessly clean, but it doesn't have the feel of a four star hotel. I didn't use the restaurant facilities, so can't comment on that part.
3 night trip Mar 31, 2014
Lorna
"4 nights in Praha"
Great...very entertaining...good food and beautiful buildings
Other trip Feb 22, 2014
"Excellent location"
The location is great. It's very close to many attractions. The staff is very friendly and gave great recommendations. The property is in a good condition. The breakfast was awesome.
Other trip Nov 21, 2013
amazing prague
"Great hotel .."
was good, although renovation was going on, they did upgrade my room so i could have a balcony to smoke on ;-)
5 night trip Nov 10, 2013
"Prague Hotel"
Booked Online. Great location. Close walking distance to most points of interest. We're very pleased with our whole hotel experience. Staff were excellent and helpful. I would stay here again.
Other trip Nov 3, 2013
"Great room with great view"
Great location with a great view Room was really clean Breakfast wasn't that good and that was only real fault with hotel
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
alan
"Close to the sights with helpful staff"
Only 15 mins walk from main rail station or quicker on the #5 or #26 tram. Staff were helpful and room comfortable and clean.
Other trip Oct 3, 2013
Phil
"Great for City Centre Break"
Stayed here with friends on a city centre break, excellent hotel close to river in quiet location. The twin room was first rate, very clean with TV, air con and mini bar. There was free WFI and towels changed daily. The breakfast was good and catered for all tastes. We did not use the bar or have a meal in the hotel however would recommend this hotel as a great base for your trip to Prague.
Other trip Oct 1, 2013
Lady H
"Helpful staff"
The hotel was good. The staff were very helpful happy to arrange anything we needed which was great. The restasurant was nice too.
Other trip Sep 12, 2013
Lolly_162
"Fantastic hotel, would highly recommend!"
The room we had was great. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the buffet breakfast was fantastic! Was a 5 minute walk to the main square and a 20 minute walk from the main train station. Would highly recommend this hotel.
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
Steph
"Good base to explore from"
Pleasant stay. Facilities are basic but clean and service very helpful and friendly.
Other trip Aug 27, 2013