All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
134 Kapahulu Avenue, Honolulu, HI, 96815, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.8
"Our New Favorite Place"
It was a relaxing experience. Nice to have a kitchen area, a balcony and a great view just steps to the beach. Great new deli with picnic food is a nice addition nearby, and we love Teddy's.
1 night trip Feb 22, 2014
Maya
"Not what you expect"
This is not a hotel. If you arrive after 8pm, the security guard is who hands you your room information. People at the front desk ARE REALLY NICE AND FRIENDLY and do what they can but most of the time you get the answer:" This is a condo/hotel every unit is owned by someone different". There is no room service (no toiletries change, or room cleaning-you make your own bed) It says it's air conditioned but it;s not central air conditioner as you expect in a hotel, so you can barely sleep at night with the air conditioner hanging by your window. The shower needs a special trick to make it work. I only stayed there for 2 nights, but booked another hotel when I went back to Honolulu. Not worth the money paid for it. I thought the reviews I read about it might have been a little bit to harsh, but they were plain real. The only plus (besides staff friendliness) is that the hotel is one block away from the beach.
1 night family trip Feb 13, 2014
"Not bad"
The parking area is very small. only 6 or 7 cars can park there. you have to pay for it though. $18. nice room. Hotel service isnt very good.
Response by Castle Waikiki Grand Hotel
Aloha and thank you for taking the time to respond. I will share your comments about service to our Housekeeping and front desk staff. Hopefully, we will have an opportunity to welcome you again. Parking is very limited on property and there is public parking across the street from our hotel.
1 night trip Jan 12, 2014
Hm
"Convenient location"
Great price, convenient location, quieter are on the east edge of Waikiki....have stayed there 3 times and have never been disappointed. We were upgraded to a 10th floor sundeck room and it was wonderful.
9 night trip with friends Jan 24, 2014
Jerry
"Adequate"
Hotel was adequate, dated but could use some minor touches to make it more comfortable. Staff was great, friendly and personable. They attempted to make some adjustments to make it more than adequate, but the owners need to put a few more finishing touches in like additional hooks, and shelves to accommodate and make better use of the small space.
2 night trip Jan 27, 2014
"Excellent location, clean room"
Nice staff, clean room, but dated. Excellent location, right across the street from the zoo and about 500 yards from the public beach. There is a gay bar on the second floor, which is a bit troubling, but I would stay there again.
Other trip Jan 11, 2014
"Filthy hotel by the beach"
The room was filthy, nasty, and disgusting. Carpeting was stained and smelled of mildew. The fixtures were old and mismatched. The pool was closed but the manager did not inform us of this when we asked where it was located, he offered very little information about the area and his hotel. There are nicer hotels in the area at comparable prices. Stay there instead
Other trip Jan 10, 2014
"Honolulu Marathon convenience for marathon runners"
Super - right near Honolulu Marathon finish line!
3 night trip Dec 6, 2013
"room cleaning"
We were there for 6 days and never once had our room cleaned, or was even asked about having clean towels. I was also a little uncomfortable about not having a curtain on the sliding glass door.
Other trip Dec 2, 2013
a
"Needs maintenance"
My boyfriend and I spend four nights in this hotel. Being very close to the beach is the only advantage of this hotel. The room was never cleaned during our stay there because the hotel claims to be "green". Toiletries were very limited, the cabinet door went off the first day. The hot water tap did not work. It has a kitchenette unit, which is pretty nice if you want to save money by cooking in the room. the most negative thing to say is about parking. It is $17 a day inside a very small garage or $1 an hour in the Zoo parking lot in front of the hotel. The hotel is going through construction, so the pool was closed, and many facilities were under work. The windows of our room were facing another building, which was so close that I could see what people were doing in their apartments, and so could they...
Other trip Dec 2, 2013
Anna
"Dirtiest room in Waikiki"
Stayed five nights and never once saw a room maid or received fresh linens or towels. The floor hadn't been cleaned and we had dirty feet getting in bed. Would never stay at this hotel again.
4 night trip Nov 18, 2013
The room was a bit out dated and not much parking. Overall I would say it was ok but not too awesome.
Other trip Nov 17, 2013
"Close to the beach"
We stayed at the grand for 3 weeks. We received a nice room that served its purpose for us. A few details that I was disappointed in is the pool was always dirty and it did not recieve any sun because it was surrounded by trees. Also every morning around 6-7 am the garbage truck would come to the queen kapiolani hotel next door and was probably the loudest things I've heard. So if you don't mind the pool and are always up early I would recommend this hotel especially for long stays. Ultimately you get what you pay for.
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
""Pet Friendly""
That's a bad thing, not a good thing. Dog owners seem to think they rule the roost here. If you like a dog sniffing you or licking your legs in the elevator, this is the place to be! Nice hotel but the pet policy degrades it.
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
Tracy
"Sad. I just needed a comfortable room"
First of all I am the type of person who ALWAYS sees the glass half full. I tried hard this time and it took all my energy. Room was simple, too simple, to the minimal. Curtains ripped, light fixtures lack to be desired. There was a "3 week old" note on the main door, I was lucky I to a parking spot ($17 per day) Due to its location and proximity to the beach, this hotel has a lot of potential. Just Paint the rooms, change the curtains, update the art and whoever owns this place should come to the room and pretend he/she is a guest and ask him/herself the question: "Would I stay in this room?" There is zero decor in the lobby and only one employee at a time. No room service, no restaurant. Maids only come in every three days since the hotel went "Green". Great shower pressure !!
Other trip Sep 9, 2013
Hoaloha
"Meh"
The location was great, but the room was so old and out dated. The furniture was broken, the curtain rod was broken and they couldn't close all the way because of the window unit. The bathroom was so old. The tile was dull and you didn't feel clean. The shower pressure was so low and there weren't enough towels. When I asked for more towels I got mismatched towels which isn't a big deal but is a little weird. Don't you think a hotel should have matching towels? We got ONE wash cloth. Count it. ONE. The rooms get cleaned every 3 days --- the manager told me this. There was a hostel right around the corner that I bet was just as nice and tons cheaper. I would keep looking. Stay if you have to, but look for something better.
2 night trip Sep 4, 2013
Cristina
"Great location to the beach."
Great location to beach only 1/2 block or less. Noisy garbage pickup and trucks early in the AM. Take ear plug to sleep with. Hotel is older but nice. Take the bus as parking costs $72.00 a day. We would stay at this Hotel again as the people were very friendly and nice, plus the location is great. BL
3 night trip Aug 14, 2013
BL and Cat
"Everything is so far so good"
We stayed this hotel one night before our oversea trip. Enjoyed it's location, right across street to get the ocean view seeing the most beautiful sunset .... Parked our rental car across street at Honolulu Zoo public parking lot overnight for fee charged $1 per hour. This hotel not like other hotels because it's a condo rental sharing facility so they do not need to provide any extra services, they are not a regular Hotel!! But not Cheap because of it's location at the end of Waikiki. You'll feel ok if there is no expectation! It's not a Honeymoon or family place for you.
1 night trip Aug 5, 2013
"Waikiki Grand Hotel"
Waikiki Grand Hotel is the nice and good place to stay if you don't expecting to much for beach vacation. if you are just need a place to crash at night when you have all day out....this is your place....just like you have your own condo at Oahu.
Other trip Aug 4, 2013
Ken
good kitchen, good room, good localization, good service, good price. I recommend this hotel
Other trip Jul 27, 2013
"Sooo Close"
Yet so far from comfort... We arrived late at night and no desk person to greet us or check us in. Eventually we reached the night guard and he handed us a room key with handwritten code and room number. We booked for two adults and one child... room had only one full-size bed. With no one to complain to, we sucked it up and made it through the night in a room that was a beater. The morning staff person was very nice, but we were relieved to be checking out and moving on!
1 night trip Jul 18, 2013
"Honolulu - Waikiki Grand"
The place is old and a little rough around the edges, but overall OK. Not "grand", but "OK."
1 night business trip Jul 18, 2013
"overall review"
Pet friendly(I have family with a dog that live there)Clean room,lobby and close to the beach,park,zoo and down town.I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel.
Other trip Jul 3, 2013
gareth
"Close to beach and stores"
I had mixed feelings about this. Staff was very helpful but condition of hotel needed work. We had two rooms one very small and updated and the other large and not updated. Small room was only good for two people. Best feature about hotel is location to beach, park and stores. One block away from everything and the price was great considering location. Parking was horrible and I had to pay to park in zoo for 2 days as no hotel parking available. I'd stay here again for location/price but hope condition could be improved.
7 night family trip Jun 14, 2013
"Rating Waikiki Castle grand hotel"
Would NEVER NEVER NEVER stay in this hotel again. We experienced the following problems: 1. bathrooms in lobby and bar not functional all week. 2. poor wifi and internet access 3. dirty floors in the room 4. very noisy all hours of the day and night 5. No conceirge or bell hop at the hotel 6. phone in the room didn't work 7. Rusty bathroom and kitchen sink fixtures 8. windows are rusty/broken glass and didn't close 9. Front desk staff couldn't answer any questions about the local area. Only 1 front desk person on staff at any given time. 10. The pool and pool area was very dirty, the pool was full of leaves and debris, the pool chairs were covered in bird droppings, you had to go thru part of an alley and a restaurant to get to the pool! Wouldn't stay here again...love the area, just not this hotel.
3 night trip Jun 11, 2013
"Good location/Old room"
Great location. We were a block from the beach and within walking distance to many restuarants and the International Marketplace. We had to pay by the hour to park our car across the street. The room was quite small. We asked for a way to sleep 3 adults and had a futon for the extra person. The extra space in the room used to be a balcony and was enclosed. The wall and ceiling were different spackle. The wall unit air conditioner was plugged into an outlet with many other plugs.
Other trip Jun 1, 2013
Joanna
Easy access to tons of locations! Close to the beach, zoo across the street, aquarium down the road and it's of course part of all Waikiki has to offer! The room was spacious with a kitchenette! Comfy bed and sitting areas! The cleaning doesn't happen daily but can be requested. Our clean towels smelled like they'd been left in the dryer and it took a while to get new ones. Our bathroom sink clogged if it ran for more than ten seconds and didn't go down for a while making having and teeth brushing into times events. Love the bar in the hotel (gay) and had tons of fun there as well as delicious food in Teddy's Bigger Burger connected to the lobby! Also a huge bonus, if they have parking available, it's cheaper than most other Waikiki locations! I'd stay again for sure!
6 night family trip Apr 13, 2013
Jerrod G
"Not very accomodating"
I asked for a small bed for my daughter. We did get a room with a pull out futon,yet there were no linens or blankets available. After 10 pm there was no one at the desk and I had to ask the security guard to get some for me. He said it wasn't his job, but he would do it anyway. The hostel next door was very loud and we had no sleep. I normally don't complain, but......
1 night family trip Mar 30, 2013
"DO NOT RECOMMEND"
The staff was rude and the hotel needs a lot of upgrading, it is very dirty and expensive compared to other hotels with the same price.
Other trip Mar 27, 2013
"warm welcoming hotel"
This was not my first time at the Waikiki Grand, and it has improved since last year. Great prices; easy access; great views of the ocean, the zoo, Diamond Head; friendly staff and guests. Not a Big Box hotel at all. What other hotel in the area has a piano in the lobby on which you might find a guest playing Blue Hawaii or Autumn Leaves, or romantic classical music as you walk in? Last year the swimming pool was mediocre, and i didn't try it this year, but perhaps it has improved as well.
4 night family trip Feb 27, 2013
"Good experience"
Most of the staff was friendly. The room was small but with everything necessary to be independent regarding cooking if wanted. The quality of room service was not well observed and needs to be improved. The location is very good.
Other trip Jan 3, 2013
Rockie
"Rating"
I think that the rooms were "bright" with the decor. Rooms were clean. Breakfast was pretty good. The cooler bag was a very nice touch. Although, my question wasn't answered about the $10 amenity fee that the hotel charge upon check out. I was told by the Front Desk, "that hotels.com should have told us about it upon booking the res." Please look into the extra charges upon departure?
1 night trip Nov 10, 2012
"NOT AS DISCRIBED"
Room was not as discribed by Expedia correctly. Very upset about that. Horrible smell in the bathroom.
Other trip Nov 4, 2012
Sue
Is right across from the Zoo, and if your room is on that side you have the Diamondhead mountain view as well. Ten floors high, I stayed on tenth floor whose balcony connects with all the rooms on that side as well.
2 night trip Oct 18, 2012
"Cool Location"
Right on the edge of the Waikik ZOO!
1 night trip Oct 9, 2012
"Convenient location, but that's it."
The room was not good. It seemed semi-renovated, with a newer looking refrigerator, cabinets and counter in the kitchenette. The shower was newer, but the water temp would go from warm to scalding hot without touching the handle. There was no headboard to the bed, so your head was right under the window sill. The window a/c unit barely cooled the room to a point that made it comfortable to sleep. There were long black hairs here and there, particularly in the bathroom are. And the worst part of all...bugs. Killed 2 cockroaches found on the night stand. In the bathroom there were what looked like small spiders that crawled out from under the toilet.
Other trip Oct 5, 2012
Jimmy
A+
Romance trip Sep 23, 2012

"Perfect little get away"
We were sold when we saw the picture of the views from the hotel and they definitely didn't disappoint, breathtaking at sunsetand in the perfect location. Staff are helpful and friendly, room was comfortable (maybe due for a little update). For what we paid we were very happy :)
3 night romance trip Aug 23, 2015
Gemma
"Nobody at reception after 10 pm"
I arrived late (10.20 pm) and there was nobody to check me in. It took me more than an hour to get me into the room.
Response by Castle Waikiki Grand Hotel
Our front desk staff is there until 10 pm. After 10 pm there is a security guard that can take care of check-in for you. There is also an on-site Front Desk Manager who is on call 24/7 for any emergencies or questions that the security may not be able to help with. We apologize that you had to wait so long to get in your room, and we will speak to security about your concerns.
Other trip May 23, 2015
"Old hotel at the end of Waikiki"
The hotel did not get our reservation. On arrival we were sent to 2 different rooms with key, booth occupied. Temporarily we were put in one room for the night, then next day we had to wait for getting our room. Instead of enjoying Hawaii we had to hang around waiting for the room, then we were told to stay there one more day and next day they will figure out something.After an other day wasted we were put in a very small room with view to the back of another building about 30 feet away. That was my 65th birthday. And the trip was my retirement gift. Nice start. I did not accept the room.The manager said he has nothing else.I was ready to leave the hotel to find some other accommodation, when the manager called and offered a room in their sister hotel (Waikiki Shore) at the other end of Waikiki. We accepted right away. That was satisfactory, and finally after 3 days wasted of the 8 days we could open the suitcases pull out the swimming trunks and start to enjoy our vacation. We were on holiday of all the Hawaiian islands several time. This one was not the best, I don't know who made the mistake with the booking. I expected more from Expedia.
Other trip Mar 26, 2015
Terez
"3rd time at the Waikiki Grand Hotel"
This was my 3rd visit to the Waikiki Grand, & I had the same room (722) as I did in 2012, which is one of the larger units in the building. The stay was pleasant & the WiFi connection worked perfectly, something that did not happen in 2012. While the location & hotel amenities may not be to everyone's liking, I have no problems with this hotel & would definitely stay here again!
Other trip Dec 10, 2014
"Excellent location, one bad particular staff"
Less than a block away from beach, but one of the staff was terrible. The worst customer service experience ever. Didn't bother listening to me, and didn't do what I asked (which she said she would do). Otherwise good overall.
"Nice and close to everything"
It was a great week. The hotel was very quiet, the staff was welcoming and the room was clean and spacious. Great location right next to the beach, zoo, restaurants, shopping and public transportation. There's a bike rental on Lemon Rd too. If you need a phone in your room, make sure to mention it or you'll have to use the one at the reception. There's one thing I have to say about TV & Wi-Fi : they're On and Off. Tv: sometimes you'll have the image but no sound and vice versa. Wi-Fi : well, I'll just say that your best chance is the lobby (not in your room).
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"Nice Hotel close to beach"
Would stay again good value for money. A great place for friends and family.
Other trip Sep 24, 2014
Manny
"Location and Views"
The hotel is a well maintained condo building from the 60's. Terrific location near the beach, and assorted restaurants with reasonable pricing. The front desk worked to correct an error in the reservation and provided the reserved kitchenette which was nicely equipped with an apartment fridge/freezer, hot plate, crockery, cutlery and basic cooking equipment. Only flaw was a poor mixer in the tub/shower which made hot, or pressured water impossible while showering. No balcony on our suite, and from the structure, it appears only shared balconies on the penthouse suites are offered. That shared rooftop balcony offers a great view of Diamond Head and Kapiolani Park, which is a nice respite from the constant crowds and noise in mid Waikiki. Friendly and secure, and 1/2 block from TheBus which will take you anywhere on the Island. We had a great time!
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
mikey
"Not a nice place to stay."
The place was unattended when I arrived at 10pm. I had to wait for the security staff to come back to let me into my room. The room was dirty looking and very old. The air-conditioner was set at 70 but was not cold. The area was not so good at night and I needed to get some food. The TV was a very old style. The electrical outlet behind the bed was broken yet the light was still attached as was the phone but the phone was not working. I felt frightened there as they have a club on the second floor and the customers were unsightly. I would certainly not recommend that you use this accommodation again. Most dissatisfied.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
Jan
"Excellent location"
The ultimate plus of this hotel is the location, right beside Waikiki Beach. Most rooms are facing towards the street and the Zoo car park. It can get a bit noisy at night from the street and people leaving the bars on the second floor of the hotel, just be aware. Other reviewers have made remarks on the blinds. These blinds are not block-out blinds so it is very light in the room in the morning, for us not an issue though. There is a kitchenette in the room and we did have hot plates contrary to another reviewer's comment, so no issue there. All in all we can definitely recommend this hotel.
1 night trip Jun 23, 2014
Greg and Mary Ann
"Very close to beach and shops"
Overall an ok place to stay, but the front desk staff could be a little friendlier. The hotel only cleans rooms and changes towels once every 3 days only!
Other trip May 13, 2014
"great location great room depending on the owners"
Stayed here five nights with my sister April 2014 we had room 1004 floor 10 the sun deck with a kitchen. Spacious, clean, plenty of utencils for cooking (I don't cook on holiday) . The room was comfortable nice décor hawaii type furniture some may describe dated I say authentic. Fantastic view of the beach, diamond head and the zoo. Starbucks, Teddys burgers sandwich bar and local ABC store right on you door step. I don't eat burgers back home but tried the grilled garlic chix burger it was so tasty I had went there a few times served on a large bun with lettuce cheese tomato pickle and a very runny American jack cheese and fries its worth a try. Other reviews for this hotel that are negative were for other rooms in the hotel but this room was great .The hula bar is good but I have tasted better cocktails. We had a delightful stay and the staff were always helpful. The laundry facilities very the cleanest that I have every used and have plenty of washers and dryers and a place to sit comfortable while you wait if you choose to do so. The front entrance is clean and has a piano and seating. There seems to be an eldery gentleman who lives in the hotel and sits in the loby waiting for someone to play the piano so if you go and can play please do so. We did see a lot of homeless people but they do not bother you. One recommendation I would make is that the bedspread is changed to something a bit more pleasing on the eye . All in all a good room and stay at the castle grand
Other trip Apr 17, 2014
jacqueline
"visiting a student"
The privately owned room we were put in was fantastic. The only down side was the ongoing renovations and the pool not in a sunny location. Easy bus access to the UOH Manoa
2 night trip Feb 14, 2014