All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here134 Kapahulu Avenue, Honolulu, HI, 96815, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
"Great location to the beach."
Great location to beach only 1/2 block or less. Noisy garbage pickup and trucks early in the AM. Take ear plug to sleep with. Hotel is older but nice. Take the bus as parking costs $72.00 a day. We would stay at this Hotel again as the people were very friendly and nice, plus the location is great. BL
3 night trip Aug 14, 2013
BL and Cat
"Everything is so far so good"
We stayed this hotel one night before our oversea trip. Enjoyed it's location, right across street to get the ocean view seeing the most beautiful sunset .... Parked our rental car across street at Honolulu Zoo public parking lot overnight for fee charged $1 per hour. This hotel not like other hotels because it's a condo rental sharing facility so they do not need to provide any extra services, they are not a regular Hotel!! But not Cheap because of it's location at the end of Waikiki. You'll feel ok if there is no expectation! It's not a Honeymoon or family place for you.
1 night trip Aug 5, 2013
"Waikiki Grand Hotel"
Waikiki Grand Hotel is the nice and good place to stay if you don't expecting to much for beach vacation. if you are just need a place to crash at night when you have all day out....this is your place....just like you have your own condo at Oahu.
Other trip Aug 4, 2013
Ken
good kitchen, good room, good localization, good service, good price. I recommend this hotel
Other trip Jul 27, 2013
"Sooo Close"
Yet so far from comfort... We arrived late at night and no desk person to greet us or check us in. Eventually we reached the night guard and he handed us a room key with handwritten code and room number. We booked for two adults and one child... room had only one full-size bed. With no one to complain to, we sucked it up and made it through the night in a room that was a beater. The morning staff person was very nice, but we were relieved to be checking out and moving on!
1 night trip Jul 18, 2013
"Honolulu - Waikiki Grand"
The place is old and a little rough around the edges, but overall OK. Not "grand", but "OK."
1 night business trip Jul 18, 2013
"overall review"
Pet friendly(I have family with a dog that live there)Clean room,lobby and close to the beach,park,zoo and down town.I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel.
Other trip Jul 3, 2013
gareth
"Close to beach and stores"
I had mixed feelings about this. Staff was very helpful but condition of hotel needed work. We had two rooms one very small and updated and the other large and not updated. Small room was only good for two people. Best feature about hotel is location to beach, park and stores. One block away from everything and the price was great considering location. Parking was horrible and I had to pay to park in zoo for 2 days as no hotel parking available. I'd stay here again for location/price but hope condition could be improved.
7 night family trip Jun 14, 2013
"Rating Waikiki Castle grand hotel"
Would NEVER NEVER NEVER stay in this hotel again. We experienced the following problems: 1. bathrooms in lobby and bar not functional all week. 2. poor wifi and internet access 3. dirty floors in the room 4. very noisy all hours of the day and night 5. No conceirge or bell hop at the hotel 6. phone in the room didn't work 7. Rusty bathroom and kitchen sink fixtures 8. windows are rusty/broken glass and didn't close 9. Front desk staff couldn't answer any questions about the local area. Only 1 front desk person on staff at any given time. 10. The pool and pool area was very dirty, the pool was full of leaves and debris, the pool chairs were covered in bird droppings, you had to go thru part of an alley and a restaurant to get to the pool! Wouldn't stay here again...love the area, just not this hotel.
3 night trip Jun 11, 2013
"Good location/Old room"
Great location. We were a block from the beach and within walking distance to many restuarants and the International Marketplace. We had to pay by the hour to park our car across the street. The room was quite small. We asked for a way to sleep 3 adults and had a futon for the extra person. The extra space in the room used to be a balcony and was enclosed. The wall and ceiling were different spackle. The wall unit air conditioner was plugged into an outlet with many other plugs.
Other trip Jun 1, 2013
Joanna
Easy access to tons of locations! Close to the beach, zoo across the street, aquarium down the road and it's of course part of all Waikiki has to offer! The room was spacious with a kitchenette! Comfy bed and sitting areas! The cleaning doesn't happen daily but can be requested. Our clean towels smelled like they'd been left in the dryer and it took a while to get new ones. Our bathroom sink clogged if it ran for more than ten seconds and didn't go down for a while making having and teeth brushing into times events. Love the bar in the hotel (gay) and had tons of fun there as well as delicious food in Teddy's Bigger Burger connected to the lobby! Also a huge bonus, if they have parking available, it's cheaper than most other Waikiki locations! I'd stay again for sure!
6 night family trip Apr 13, 2013
Jerrod G
"Not very accomodating"
I asked for a small bed for my daughter. We did get a room with a pull out futon,yet there were no linens or blankets available. After 10 pm there was no one at the desk and I had to ask the security guard to get some for me. He said it wasn't his job, but he would do it anyway. The hostel next door was very loud and we had no sleep. I normally don't complain, but......
1 night family trip Mar 30, 2013
"DO NOT RECOMMEND"
The staff was rude and the hotel needs a lot of upgrading, it is very dirty and expensive compared to other hotels with the same price.
Other trip Mar 27, 2013
"warm welcoming hotel"
This was not my first time at the Waikiki Grand, and it has improved since last year. Great prices; easy access; great views of the ocean, the zoo, Diamond Head; friendly staff and guests. Not a Big Box hotel at all. What other hotel in the area has a piano in the lobby on which you might find a guest playing Blue Hawaii or Autumn Leaves, or romantic classical music as you walk in? Last year the swimming pool was mediocre, and i didn't try it this year, but perhaps it has improved as well.
4 night family trip Feb 27, 2013
"Good experience"
Most of the staff was friendly. The room was small but with everything necessary to be independent regarding cooking if wanted. The quality of room service was not well observed and needs to be improved. The location is very good.
Other trip Jan 3, 2013
Rockie
"Rating"
I think that the rooms were "bright" with the decor. Rooms were clean. Breakfast was pretty good. The cooler bag was a very nice touch. Although, my question wasn't answered about the $10 amenity fee that the hotel charge upon check out. I was told by the Front Desk, "that hotels.com should have told us about it upon booking the res." Please look into the extra charges upon departure?
1 night trip Nov 10, 2012
"NOT AS DISCRIBED"
Room was not as discribed by Expedia correctly. Very upset about that. Horrible smell in the bathroom.
Other trip Nov 4, 2012
Sue
Is right across from the Zoo, and if your room is on that side you have the Diamondhead mountain view as well. Ten floors high, I stayed on tenth floor whose balcony connects with all the rooms on that side as well.
2 night trip Oct 18, 2012
"Cool Location"
Right on the edge of the Waikik ZOO!
1 night trip Oct 9, 2012
"Convenient location, but that's it."
The room was not good. It seemed semi-renovated, with a newer looking refrigerator, cabinets and counter in the kitchenette. The shower was newer, but the water temp would go from warm to scalding hot without touching the handle. There was no headboard to the bed, so your head was right under the window sill. The window a/c unit barely cooled the room to a point that made it comfortable to sleep. There were long black hairs here and there, particularly in the bathroom are. And the worst part of all...bugs. Killed 2 cockroaches found on the night stand. In the bathroom there were what looked like small spiders that crawled out from under the toilet.
Other trip Oct 5, 2012
Jimmy
A+
Romance trip Sep 23, 2012
"Couples only without kids"
Each condo/motel room is different. I was lead to believe this was a motel room, when in fact they treat you as if it is a condo. I needed a room with 2 adults and a teenager. They gave us a room with only a queen size bed, there is no way we could fit three people on that bed that actually looked like a full size bed. The guy who helped us upon check in gave us a roll-away bed complimentary for our stay. The view was wonderful. Parking is terrible (take the bus/trolley). The kitchenette consisted of a motel sized fridge and a microwave and dishes for 2 without forks. I will not be staying here again, if I visit the island again. Upon checkout, they allowed me to print off my boarding passes, which was super helpful.
Other trip Jul 19, 2012
"Pleasing"
Great Location ,fast staff service ,We would stay here again for the price
Other trip Jul 17, 2012
Abe
"First and Last time..."
The security guard that works the night shift was not very helpful. Srgt. R. There was are no hotel staff to help you with your needs from 9pm-6am everyday...House cleaning is only on Wednesday..This hotel also have residents LIVING here, which i did not know. but the lady i met on the elevator was cool..other than that..try out teddys burgers, dont mind the LGBT bar, location is really close to waikiki beach..
Other trip Jul 16, 2012
"An OK hotel"
I didn't expect a lot from this hotel given its relatively low rate and based on the reviews that I read, but I was still disappointed. The best part was its location at the quieter east end of Waikiki. My room was just OK, not too bad and not something to write home about. It was clean enough and spacious enough, but it just wasn't the kind of place where I wanted to hang out much. This isn't a typical hotel. Housekeeping doesn't come every day, and the only staff member on the lobby floor is the desk clerk. I have been to Honolulu several times and didn't need a concierge per se. I did ask about gyms nearby, and the front desk clerk didn't have any information. I expected a bit more. I won't stay at this hotel on my next trip, but I'm not going to disuade everyone from staying there. It's just that--an OK hotel.
Other trip Jun 21, 2012
"In the heart of Waikiki"
They have no iron or minibar! But my room did have a massage chair!
Other trip Jun 10, 2012

"3rd time at the Waikiki Grand Hotel"
This was my 3rd visit to the Waikiki Grand, & I had the same room (722) as I did in 2012, which is one of the larger units in the building. The stay was pleasant & the WiFi connection worked perfectly, something that did not happen in 2012. While the location & hotel amenities may not be to everyone's liking, I have no problems with this hotel & would definitely stay here again!
Other trip Dec 10, 2014
"Excellent location, one bad particular staff"
Less than a block away from beach, but one of the staff was terrible. The worst customer service experience ever. Didn't bother listening to me, and didn't do what I asked (which she said she would do). Otherwise good overall.
"Nice and close to everything"
It was a great week. The hotel was very quiet, the staff was welcoming and the room was clean and spacious. Great location right next to the beach, zoo, restaurants, shopping and public transportation. There's a bike rental on Lemon Rd too. If you need a phone in your room, make sure to mention it or you'll have to use the one at the reception. There's one thing I have to say about TV & Wi-Fi : they're On and Off. Tv: sometimes you'll have the image but no sound and vice versa. Wi-Fi : well, I'll just say that your best chance is the lobby (not in your room).
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"Nice Hotel close to beach"
Would stay again good value for money. A great place for friends and family.
Other trip Sep 24, 2014
Manny
"Location and Views"
The hotel is a well maintained condo building from the 60's. Terrific location near the beach, and assorted restaurants with reasonable pricing. The front desk worked to correct an error in the reservation and provided the reserved kitchenette which was nicely equipped with an apartment fridge/freezer, hot plate, crockery, cutlery and basic cooking equipment. Only flaw was a poor mixer in the tub/shower which made hot, or pressured water impossible while showering. No balcony on our suite, and from the structure, it appears only shared balconies on the penthouse suites are offered. That shared rooftop balcony offers a great view of Diamond Head and Kapiolani Park, which is a nice respite from the constant crowds and noise in mid Waikiki. Friendly and secure, and 1/2 block from TheBus which will take you anywhere on the Island. We had a great time!
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
mikey
"Not a nice place to stay."
The place was unattended when I arrived at 10pm. I had to wait for the security staff to come back to let me into my room. The room was dirty looking and very old. The air-conditioner was set at 70 but was not cold. The area was not so good at night and I needed to get some food. The TV was a very old style. The electrical outlet behind the bed was broken yet the light was still attached as was the phone but the phone was not working. I felt frightened there as they have a club on the second floor and the customers were unsightly. I would certainly not recommend that you use this accommodation again. Most dissatisfied.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
Jan
"Excellent location"
The ultimate plus of this hotel is the location, right beside Waikiki Beach. Most rooms are facing towards the street and the Zoo car park. It can get a bit noisy at night from the street and people leaving the bars on the second floor of the hotel, just be aware. Other reviewers have made remarks on the blinds. These blinds are not block-out blinds so it is very light in the room in the morning, for us not an issue though. There is a kitchenette in the room and we did have hot plates contrary to another reviewer's comment, so no issue there. All in all we can definitely recommend this hotel.
1 night trip Jun 23, 2014
Greg and Mary Ann
"Very close to beach and shops"
Overall an ok place to stay, but the front desk staff could be a little friendlier. The hotel only cleans rooms and changes towels once every 3 days only!
Other trip May 13, 2014
"great location great room depending on the owners"
Stayed here five nights with my sister April 2014 we had room 1004 floor 10 the sun deck with a kitchen. Spacious, clean, plenty of utencils for cooking (I don't cook on holiday) . The room was comfortable nice décor hawaii type furniture some may describe dated I say authentic. Fantastic view of the beach, diamond head and the zoo. Starbucks, Teddys burgers sandwich bar and local ABC store right on you door step. I don't eat burgers back home but tried the grilled garlic chix burger it was so tasty I had went there a few times served on a large bun with lettuce cheese tomato pickle and a very runny American jack cheese and fries its worth a try. Other reviews for this hotel that are negative were for other rooms in the hotel but this room was great .The hula bar is good but I have tasted better cocktails. We had a delightful stay and the staff were always helpful. The laundry facilities very the cleanest that I have every used and have plenty of washers and dryers and a place to sit comfortable while you wait if you choose to do so. The front entrance is clean and has a piano and seating. There seems to be an eldery gentleman who lives in the hotel and sits in the loby waiting for someone to play the piano so if you go and can play please do so. We did see a lot of homeless people but they do not bother you. One recommendation I would make is that the bedspread is changed to something a bit more pleasing on the eye . All in all a good room and stay at the castle grand
Other trip Apr 17, 2014
jacqueline
"visiting a student"
The privately owned room we were put in was fantastic. The only down side was the ongoing renovations and the pool not in a sunny location. Easy bus access to the UOH Manoa
2 night trip Feb 14, 2014
Joie
"Waikiki Grand"
Although a quiet and green location at the edge of Waikiki shopping, I was unable to sleep for the 2 nights I stayed because of a very noisy air conditioner to the kitchen below, beside my bed. Also, I don't think a microwave and a bar fridge qualifies as a kitchette. I am unable to recommend this hotel.
2 night trip Jan 14, 2014
traveller
"great location but......."
the location is fantastic. next to the park and half a block from the beach. If you are on the street side the view is breathtaking as is the view from the roof top deck. The rooms are tired though and need upgrading. The staff don't go out of their way for you, (you're lucky if they look at you when you are at the desk) and don't seem to know much about the surrounding area. if you are on the lower floors, bring your ear plugs as the bar on the second floor thumps away until about 2am. I chose this place because of the proximity to the beach and park, so wasn't expecting much else and didn't get much else. It depends on what is important to you during your stay and having a great view and being close to the beach is what was important in my case.
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
Sue
"Only a 5 minute walk from Queens Surf Beach"
Was up-graded to the pent-house room 1009. It's a room that's starting to look old and tired but was Ok for me as all I want out of a room is a comfortable bed and room to move. It's right opposite the zoo, so occasionally there was a bit of noise from some of the animals, but nothing to worry about.
Other trip Oct 10, 2013
Scoobyspud
"Grat location"
This hotel is in a great position at Waikiki Beach right next to Honolulu Zoo and Queen Kapiolani Park with a great view of Diamond Head. All rooms are different as they are individually owned and it's up to the owners how they furnish and maintain their rooms/studios/apartments. There is a sundeck on the top floor (10), a coin operated laundry in the basement, a great burger restaurant and also a gay bar on level 2 (Hula's) with a good atmosphere. As everywhere at Waikiki, there are plenty of corner shops (ABC stores) all around the hotel and of course many more restaurants, take-aways and clubs as well as shopping.
Other trip Sep 16, 2013
Stephan
"Average hotel, very noisy, big variation in room q"
The room initially allocated was dirty, no view, antiquated TV, and did not have what we would class as a kitchenette, ther was no sink to do the dishes, and they would have to be done in the hand basin. We complained and the next day were moved to a much better unit with a full kitchenette. The air conditioner was very noisy however and we were forced to turn it off and sleep with the door open, thereby exposing ourselves to the noise volume coming from the main street (The hotel is only half a block from Waikiki beach)
Other trip Sep 9, 2013
Max
"Fantastic Location"
What a location! 100 metres and you were on the beach with restaurants and shops all close by. We had a renovated room which although small was clean and comfortable and free wifi. Staff were great and really,looked after us. We only booked for 2 nights due to reviews as concerned and booked another Ambassador Hotel for next 2 nights but would have preferred to stay here. Remember, these are privately owned so ensure when you book request renovated room only.
Other trip Jun 9, 2013
Di
"eyes wide open"
the outside was being repainted which would help a lot, the room was quite a suprise for quality judging from the exterior, we did get the kitchen which helped for the cost of staying the location is great for the zoo and access to the beach, the place was the cheapest for parking as well, the bar was for an alternative lifesyle and the alley behind was full of hostels which would get noisy at night, the price was right for what we got, would not pay a lot more compared to other hotels around
Other trip May 27, 2013
"Location!"
Friendly help staff. Amazing location. I would stay here again. Had a great view of the ocean.
Other trip May 4, 2013
C&R
"Playing roulette"
Great location - right beside beaches, zoo, aquarium, etc. The room you get though is a little like playing roulette - you are not sure what you are going to get since each room is individually owned and updated. The room with the 'queen bed or two doubles'' that we booked through this site actually ended up being one double bed (oddly enough the only single double bed in the whole hotel). The girl at the front was amazing and juggled things around on a busy week to get us a new room with a queen bed that we could stay in during the entirety of our stay without needing to room hop. Note: City view is either a view of another hotel/parking lot or a back alley. Besides the rooms itself, we didn't go to Oahu to stay in our room the whole time, so for us, the affordable, amazing location with great service was all we really needed.
7 night romance trip Mar 13, 2013
Bri
"Great for the price, very helpful staff"
The first room was noisy. We had a problem with the shower and the guy on the front desk couldn't have been more helpful, he gave us a luxury room on the 10th floor at no extra cost. Thanks Brett, you really made our stay a great one. I hope the hotel chain realize what a good and helpful member of staff they have with you
1 night trip Jan 24, 2013
doug
"2nd visit to the Waikiki Grand Hotel"
The location of this hotel cannot be beat! This was my second visit to the Waikiki Grand, & I would stay here again. The quality & condition of the rooms vary, as each room is individually owned & some have been upgraded better than others. I live downtown so am used to urban noise, but the garbage trucks in the morning were a nuisance.
Other trip Dec 5, 2012
"A bit Tired"
OK but no cleaning during our stay - Kitchen a bit tired - since it was only my son and myself, it was OK but would not take my wife there.
Other trip Sep 26, 2012
"always happy at the Grand"
We have stayed in this hotel previously and like it for location and price, it meets our needs.
Other trip Jul 26, 2012
Gay
NZ
"Scarce amenities but you only sleep in the room..."
We were immediately upgraded to a room with a kitchenette upon our arrival. We were extremely pleased with the size and comfort of the room and bed. There was a mini refrigerator in the closet as the one built into the kitchen was broken. The kitchen was well stocked with good quality utensils and tupperware. The bathroom appeared weathered with age, but it was clean. We had no incidence of pests which is always nice. Now the unfortunate items: the hotel is only staffed until 10pm. We arrived from a late night flight around 10:15pm and the security guard was the one who assigned us our room. It wasn't until the next morning when I inquired about housekeeping service that my credit card and photo id were checked. Housekeeping comes every 2 or 3 days. We were there for 2 weeks; there didn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to when we would next be able to get clean towels. My only other real complaint was WiFi service. Because the building is pure concrete, the signal in your room is spotty and poor at best. I would have preferred a cable to the inconvenient WiFi. Ultimately though, who goes to Hawaii to poke around online? We used it to find attractions and for the the bus schedule; it was a bit of a drag. The pool was out of order as well, not that it mattered to us, but that wasn't publicized. Especially when you have a paper sign outside that boasts WiFi and a pool, those amenities ought to be readily available.
Other trip Jun 20, 2012