All hotels in Tokyo, Japan
4-31-1 Nishi-Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, Tokyo-to, 160-0023, Japan, ‏‎800-491-6126

"rooms with great views"
Interested in Kenzo Tange, the Japanese architect, i had asked for a room with a view of the metropolitan government building. They did not make a promise but did not forget to put me in a perfect room in any case. The staff don't carry the typical politeness, but they do their job efficiently; there are always more than enough people on the desk, which makes a difference when you have to wait in line. The great advantage of this hotel is the high-rise district that surrounds it; the area has a very unique charm, with three Kenzo Tange works within walking distance from the hotel.
1 night business trip Feb 15, 2015
hyeon seok
"I love this hotel!"
Overall, we really like this hotel. It's slightly far from shinjuku station, but there is a hotel shuttle bus which is very convenience! Very near to Tokyo metropolitan government building where you can go up 45th floor and enjoy the city view for FREE. The hotel is just facing the park where you can enjoy peace and tranquil. Above all, we got the hotel fees with very reasonable rate!!! I would definitely go with this hotel for next trips.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
SG
"Reasonable hotel in Shinjuku."
The hotel was adequate. I stayed in a double (smoking) room. The staff were polite and tried their best to converse in English but we did have a language barrier. The hotel is pretty stock standard, and perfect for a base if you intend on doing a bit of exploring. It's approximately a 10 minute walk from Shinjuku station, and the hotel also have a free shuttle service (which doesn't run between 12pm - 2pm). The bed was firm, as were the pillows but that's pretty regular in Japan. The bathroom is a small with a Western toilet and shower over bath, but if you're taller than 5ft don't expect to be sprawling in the bath after a long day of activities. There is a buffet breakfast available daily for approximately $11 per day, don't expect a culinary extravaganza, but again adequate. We arrived four hours before check in but couldn't get an early check in (for a fee).
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
Sharna
"Good location and reasonable price"
The hotel shuttle is handy but at night I chose to taxi home which is only $7.50 so was good when I got lost in nearby shinjuku area. The hotel itself seemed a bit seedy at first - lobby stinks of smoke but luckily my room was non-smoking and smelt fine. The hotel staff were friendly and had reasonable english, you can use a lockbox at reception. No helpful tourist brochures or anything but the local metropolitan govt building was great for that! The rooms definetely scream 1970s in need of revamp but were clean and functional - Hairdryer was very retro but got the job done eventually, but the kettle system was bizarre - metal jug on a electric plate that took 10mins to boil :( Bathroom was older style but good water pressure. All in all it was a comfortable and functional room in a handy location - 1 or 2 fire engines went by each night but I didnt find it noisy.
Other trip Jan 16, 2015
Bri
"Solid mid range hotel"
Good mid range hotel. Small rooms but comfortable enough. Friendly staff and a nice area as long as you don't mnd a bit of walking.
4 night business trip Jan 8, 2015
Aaron
"Great place for the price"
It was great, decent room size for Tokyo in this price range. Shinjuku is one of the most convenient places to stay in Tokyo and the free shuttle bus to/from the hotel is really handy. It was great for a cheaper Tokyo hotel. The hotel is on the business/skyscraper side of Shinjuku about 10mins walk to the bright lights and action but this is a good thing as it as nice to step out of it sometimes to your quiet hotel across the road from a park.
3 night romance trip Jan 9, 2015
Edward
"nice Hotel near to the station"
The shuttle bus from the hotel was Full everytime... we cant pick up everyday, we hope they will provide a bigger Shuttle bus for long term. thx
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
HK
"Overall a great experience!"
Shinjiku New City Hotel is very new and exceptionally clean. The Staff are extremely friendly and they offer you five free toiletry items a day such as: hair clips, face masks, foot gels and the like. Breakfast is included with your stay and is quite good for the value. You can choose from an assortment of pastries as well as hot items like eggs, soups and entree dishes (such as chicken with fried rice) and several drinks from their vending machines. The rooms like most rooms in Tokyo are small and the bed and pillows are quite uncomfortable, but the shower and toilets are great. I can't gush enough about how I love Japanese toilets!
1 night family trip Jan 1, 2015
Rozina
"Nice & clean small room"
The hotel is about 10-15mins walk to Shinjuku Station. The shuttle bus is quite small & the bus is always quite full. Even tho' I walk to & from the hotel & shinjuku station most of my stay there (9 nights). It'll be good if they could cater either a bigger bus or a few buses. There are many shops along the way to the station. I managed to try a few shops & was very happy with it. The room is quite small but clean & tidy. I don't really like the pillow as it's too soft (thin). Overall, the hotel & staff are quite good as they're very polite and understand simple English.
8 night trip with friends Dec 27, 2014
Tan
SG
"Great service, but non smokers be cautious."
I had a lovely stay overall. One issue however was the smoke. We had booked a non smoking room, which waa conveniently placed above a smokers floor, in turn making our room reek of absolute smoke. My friend and I have bad allergies from smoke. But we kindly asked the staff for advice, and they did a full clean of the room for us. (They have English speaking staff as well). Very impressed with the service, and was happy with the location.
3 night trip with friends Dec 27, 2014
Tara
"Good location and 15 mins walk to shinjuku station"
Free shuttle bus is a bouns espeicaloy when you arrive late to station and are not familair with the area. Room is typical japanese sizes so dont expect western style space. Good value
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
"I won't stay this hotel anymore."
The location isn't convenience without shuttle bus and very difficult to find it. Also, the hotel and the room are old.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
Clam
HK
"Great value for the location"
Okay, so if you want to stay in Tokyo in general, this is probably one of the best bang for your buck. We were two travellers with focus on hitting major Tokyo areas. It has shuttle service to Shinjuku station (west side) that runs every 20 minutes from 7-11am and 2-10pm at night. Walking is 15 minute from Shinjuku station (wasn't that bad). Couldn't be happier with location. Near convenience store as well. Room was clean and comfortable, we stayed there for 3 nights. Wifi was decent in the room, but not the fastest. It has the drink dispenser in my floor. Overall very satisfied customer. Didn't try any of hotel amenities so can't comment much on the other stuff.
Other trip Dec 22, 2014
Yong
"Pleasant stay"
A little far from the major parts of Shinjuku but the shuttle bus is very convenient. The hotel has every basic you need. Overall a pleasant stay in Tokyo.
4 night trip with friends Dec 5, 2014
Adrian
"Nice hotel, close to everything, wonderful staff!!"
First time in Japan and the hotel made the trip very enjoyable will defiantly stay here if we come back
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
jessica
"Close to Shinjuku station with shuttle bus service"
Nice staff, but no porter service. Had to take baggage yourself.
Other trip Dec 7, 2014
F&F
"Good location, typical Japanese business hotel"
Nicely located in Shinjuku. Close to Shinjuku central park, great walk to the bustling shopping on the south west side of the station. Hotel was a bit warm, even with the central air cranked. Pretty typical for a Japanese business hotel. Good value but there are better nearby hotels for only slightly more.
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
Nick
"Good Location"
Overall I was satisfied with our stay. The hotel was about 15-20 mins away from the Shinjuku station by walking and there's hotel bus that transports guest from/to the hotel to/from Shinjuku station every 20 mins. The only problem was it got little to hot in our room and when we asked to turn on the air conditioner, they just told us to open the window.
5 night romance trip Nov 19, 2014
Ma Dianne
"Great place if you like to walk."
a little far from the city but I like to walk. The courtesy bus was a plus and the view from my room of the government buildings was spectacular. I'm on holiday traveling in Japan for 10 days
1 night trip Nov 15, 2014
"Dont bother"
Microscopic room sizes. Long walk from metro station Rooms very dated
1 night family trip Nov 6, 2014
"Will come back again"
I enjoyed my stay here, room was clean and rather spacious, great location, lovely park nearby, free shuttle was very convenient, helpful staff, I will stay here again when coming back to Japan.
4 night trip Oct 24, 2014
"Average Stay"
1) The place to board the free shuttle bus at Shinjuku station is hard to find. 2) Reception counter staff is friendly 3) Small hotel restaurant for breakfast which require the guest to queue for their turn to eat there. Food is average, no sushi. 4) Facing the popular tourist spot of Tokyo Metropolitan building
1 night romance trip Oct 25, 2014
WEE KIAN
SG
"Outstanding value for money"
We stayed in this hotel for three nights. We were pleasantly surprised at how spacious the room was by Japanese standards. The facilities were excellent and the staff were very helpful.
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
"Close to Metro, not the friendliest"
Shinjuku New City Hotel is a decent hotel in a convenient location. The major issue is with the staff not speaking that much English. Hotel is rather old, but well-kept and room size is decent for Japan. I booked the hotel for two night even though I was staying in Tokyo for five, as I wanted to see how things would go at this hotel. When I asked for an extension on the second day, I was just told they were fully booked and no other assistance was offered.
4 night trip Oct 7, 2014
Abdul
"Cheap and great service"
Such nice staff and atmosphere, remarkably cheap and great amenities.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
"Nice hotel, close proximately to where I wished to"
It was a one night stay, not much more to be said. I have no complaints, it was pleasant
Other trip Oct 18, 2014
"Convenient,great park and tokyo metrpolitan views,"
Reliable shuttle service, safe quiet neighborhood,close to station,reasonable eateries
Other trip Oct 9, 2014
how
MY
"Dated hotel with tiny bathrooms and hard beds."
When we arrived we were told that we would in fact not be staying in double room (as advertised on Expedia and their website), but semi-doubles, which were kings singles at best and were not big enough for two (realatively skinny) people. The rooms were small, dirty and dated and the bathroom tiny.
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
Andy
"A Lovely 4 Days"
Stayed at the hotel for a weekend to attend the Tokyo Game Show 2014 event. The breakfast buffet was delicious and although my room wasn't big it had everything I needed. All in all a great place.
3 night trip Sep 19, 2014
"Off the Shinjuku area"
From Shinjuku south terrace station to this hotel was unbelievable far to walk. It took me 1 hr 15 mins to find this place so I gave up and took a taxi instead. Once you knew your way around it also took me at least 1/2 hr at least. Hotel location is opposite of big park nearby Hyatt Park hotel, Washington hotel is a bit closer to the main street. Hotel condition is bigger than Hotel Sunroute in Shinjuku, price is slightly different.
Other trip Sep 25, 2014
Nop
"terrible internet"
Standard salary man hotel let down by terrible internet service, far too slow and always dropping out.
4 night trip Sep 5, 2014
"Fantastic View"
This hotel suited our requirement perfectly. It was within walking distance to Shinjuku Station but the hotel provided a regular free shuttle bus. Our room looked out over the park and to the sky scraper district. Rooms were comfortable and cleaned every day. Reasonable price too for the location.
1 night trip Jul 31, 2014
"Mediocre at best"
The people the front desk DO NOT speak any English! I don't know how you work in travel customer service and not speak English. They were not able to answer even the most basic hotel-related questions so do not come to the hotel thinking "oh we'll just ask front desk." The lobby, rooms, and entire hotel look old and are not welcoming. I would not recommend staying here. Location is decent (not amazing).
4 night trip with friends Jul 2, 2014
"Overall a nice hotel."
Overall a nice hotel. A bit dated though. They have a shuttle bus from and to shinjuku station which is very handy.
Other trip May 28, 2014
"Friendly front desk"
Even though the room was quite small, the friendly environment made up for it.
Other trip May 27, 2014
Lois
"Near to park and metropolitan office building"
Good bus shuttle service and 5mins drive to city. Near the park and metropolitan tower for free city viewing. Bus shuttle service should have longer duration till 1130pm. Room is clean and spacious but lack of proper wardrobe and limited free tv station.
Other trip May 19, 2014
Clement
"Good Value"
A good value tokyo option 10 minutes walk from Shinjuku station. Has resturants, convenience stores and the new york bar all within a minutes walk.
3 night family trip May 9, 2014
NZ
"Convenient location"
Nice hotel with good breakfast. Convenient shuttle bus to Shinjuku station, however it doesn't run between 11 & 3. Twin room was spacious compared to other hotels.
Other trip May 2, 2014
"Pleasant Hotel,in Shinjuku."
The hotel is quite well run,and the breakfast buffet was not bad.The advantage staying here is the shuttle bus service to Shinjuku station and back.Overall it is a good hotel with pleasant staffs,especially the housekeeping on the cleanliness of the room is excellent. I wish that the bed for two should be bigger for two,and the check out time a little later.
Other trip Apr 30, 2014
KIM HUAT
"A pretty good choice"
The location is great. 10 minute walk to Shinjuku station, or 5 minutes by free hotel shuttle. The park out front is lovely and peaceful. The hotel itself is in no way fancy, but it's good enough for the price.
7 night trip Apr 18, 2014
"Good price. Room decent."
Only hotel out of 5 in Japan I been to had someone who could speak English. About 10-15 Min walk to shinjuku station but the free shuttle is very good.but will be better if shuttle bus finishes later say 11 or 12 at night. Room is clean and standard.
Other trip Apr 27, 2014
"Probably the worst experience I have in Japan"
The hotel looks out of date. I have booked two non-smoking single rooms for myself and my friend. When I arrived, the staff told us, we have been upgrade to bigger rooms. As I walked into my room, the room was obviously a smoking room. I went to reception to tell them that I have booked non-smoking rooms and showed the guy my Expedia booking, he told me it is written there that it is a request (I think he tried to say they don't necessary have to oblige it). He told me they have gave us a better rooms than the rooms I booked, despite why do I need two single beds in my room just for myself.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
Room is a bit small, but that is in Japan and can be expected. The shuttle bus to Shinjuku Station is a plus. No shuttle service between 10:30am to 3:05pm. We wish it can run more hours. Front desk provides detail tour information when requested. Good service.
2 night family trip Apr 15, 2014
Tom Wong
"5 night stay"
Pleasant neighbourhood. Efficient front desk. Staff seems friendly.
Other trip Apr 19, 2014
"Fresh bake pastries, delicious breakfast."
Enjoyed the cherry blossom, perfect weather in April.
Other trip Apr 17, 2014
mei and harvey
"Walking distance to important sites"
My stay was wonderful. The staff were extremely polite and helpful. The breakfast was fantastic. My son and I would want to stay at Shinjuku New City Hotel next time we are in Tokyo.
8 night trip Mar 31, 2014
Dr. Seth Wanye
"Excellent Affordable Hotel"
I stayed at this Hotel 3 times within two weeks and each time the room was perfect. The Staff were very helpful.
1 night trip Mar 26, 2014
Titanic Jack
"Second time back"
It's close, well priced, good breakfast, shuttle works well, lovely park and food close by. A great place to stay in Tokyo.
4 night trip with friends Apr 3, 2014
John Rabe
"not so recommended"
we have booked one semi-double room.The size of bed which turn out just as small as the size of a single bed.The staff on the front desk is quite indifferent,...and hardly speak English to communicate with.If you are not a proper-japanese speaker, maybe here is not the choice.
4 night trip Apr 1, 2014
Tienyu
"Convenient Hotel"
The best part of this hotel is the free shuttle to Shinjuku Station. Its most welcoming for weary legs. We had booked the semi double room. While the room is spacious enough, the bed is a tight fit for 2 adults. The Tokyo Metropolitan building is a short walk away and the night view from the 45th floor is simply a must see!
Other trip Apr 2, 2014