All hotels in Sandusky, Ohio, United States of America
4600 Milan Rd, Sandusky, OH, 44870, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Good Times!"
We had a ball! my family has been talking about it for a week!
1 night family trip Sep 27, 2014
Angela
"Overall experience"
Fantastic facility, very friendly and helpful staff.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
"Good water park"
Our kids (ages 8, 12) really like Great Wolf Lodge--the blue slide especially. Both hot tubs are not warm enough, even the "adults only" tub is likely not above 104*. Staff are plentiful and helpful, but food costs, especially for park-side snacks, are high and food quality is poor. Mekong is a destination restaurant a few minutes away, and every fast food in the world is along the strip. My suggestion: enjoy the water park, but go out for food or bring it back to your room.
1 night family trip Sep 26, 2014
"Great hotel especially for kids"
It was really nice,,, if we had kids with us, they would have loved it, but my 23 year old enjoyed the ears. Breakfast could have been better I would say.
1 night family trip Sep 20, 2014
Was awesome water park for kids. Great amenities and plenty to do. Room was clean and had fridge. Breakfast buffet was good. Will definitely return soon!
Other trip Sep 14, 2014
Ed
"Pull out couch"
The pull out couch was very uncomfortable Would not recommend to anyone
Other trip Sep 9, 2014
"great fun"
I took my girl scout troop for an overnight st Great wolf lodge. We had three different reservations and they accommodated us we were right next to each other. The staff was great and one mwmber after findjng out we were scouts repeated the girl scout law. We are going back at Christmas.
1 night family trip Sep 5, 2014
kendra
"Great for the grandkids"
We stayed here with our kids and grandkids after a full day at Cedar Point. Check in was fast and easy. The room was clean and beds comfy. It's nice to have the mini fridge and microwave in the room also. The water park is nice especially for the littler kids. Teenagers might be a little bored but it was perfect for our group. Lots of others things for little ones to do too!!
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
"something other than Cedar Point"
We stopped here on our way home from our Summer Journey. We've always wanted to check out the Sandusky area and since there was stormy weather predicated, we chose to stay at Great Wolf. It is definitely one of the smaller parks but worked for our overnight stay. If you plan to stay longer, take advantage of the other in house activities. Since we stayed after Labor Day, we were surprised that the entire place closed down the next day at 1 p.m.! Shops, restaurants, water area, everything!
1 night family trip Sep 1, 2014
MissyO
"Poor management"
When we got to the hotel at 12:30pm they said they will calls us when the room is ready but they never did. We came back at 4:30 pm and they said the room is ready. I talked to the manager and he said thanks for let me know. Hotel and room are clean but the sofa beds are not even good for your dog. I like to sit in the balcony so I asked for the pool side view but I was told that such rooms don't even exist which was not true.
2 night trip Aug 30, 2014
"Fun place to bring the kids!"
Age of hotel is starting to show but was still fun and comfortable. Food at sit down restaurant was quite good for the price. Stayed with my four kids and they all had a great time. Staff in water park area should try to look like they are enjoying themselves - an occasional smile goes a long way.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
Kat
"Great family vacation"
We had a great time, our kids are 6 & 7, they were the perfect age and had a blast. Make sure you bring extra $ cause the Waterpark is included, all the extra stuff is $30-100. And of course the kids want to do it all. I would say the only thing that I thought was a rip off was the arcade. Might as well go to chuck e cheeses. But it was a ton of fun an the staff was very friendly. If your kids are much older than mine, I might recommend a place with a bigger Waterpark. I thought my kids were the perfect age and the had lots for littler kids too.
1 night family trip Aug 29, 2014
Sue B
"Great for little kids"
My kids are 18 months and 2.5 and they loved it! It's smaller than the larger water park down the street but perfect for us. The story time in the lobby was great my kids sat the whole time. Parking excellent, pizza was good. The room looked a little tired but you are there to play in the water park not sit in your room. We are going back for sure.
1 night trip Aug 28, 2014
Laurel
"Great Wolf Lodge is always a Great time"
We had a great stay at the Great Wolf Lodge in Sandusky, OH. Parents and kids of all ages enjoy what this hotel offers. Mine kids are 14 and 16 years old and had a ball in the indoor/outdoor waterpark areas
2 night family trip Aug 24, 2014
"Good Location"
Stayed for the weekend and it was nice that it was close to Cedar Point. Kids really liked the water park and slides. The beds were comfortable. The pull out sofa sleeper was uncomfortable for my teenage boys. It would probably be fine for smaller kids. We asked for extra comforters and they got them for us. Would have been nice to have breakfast included and coffee service in the lobby. There was coffee in the rooms you could make, but it wasn't that good. But McDonald's is close by... everything is close by...that is nice but it also makes it not so peaceful to sit out on your balcony and read a book. I would have liked alittle more quiet, but this trip was for the kids.
3 night trip Aug 22, 2014
Becky
"Weekend get away."
The hotel was a fun place to stay for my family, The hotel was clean all the way threw our room was clean and very nice with everything we needed for our stay. Everyone was nice and helpful.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
"Had fun"
Exactly what we expected
1 night trip Aug 18, 2014
"Fulfilled its promise of comfort and entertainment"
I've been to other GWLs and this one is a little smaller than some. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The hotel was at about 25% capacity, and I was disappointed that we were given a basement room, but I did not complain. I've seen the reviews stating the hotel was unclean, but I did not witness anything that raised an eyebrow. Perhaps the carpet on the stairways could be changed; it's hard to keep those smelling fresh after a certain amount of wear and tear. The water park was clean and fun. The outdoor pool area was really nice. It is not cheap to stay at this hotel, so expectations are high, but the price includes the water park activities, which is a good deal for a family of four. We did not use the Magic Quest this time as our children have reached the 13 year mark, but they did really enjoy it in the past. I would like to see the hotel add a teen zone, perhaps with popular video games and music playing, that is cool but not cheesy, and open past 10:00.
1 night trip Aug 19, 2014
liveitup101
"Close to Cedar Point - Great Stay"
I would stay here again and recommend it as well. The front desk folks were great,warm and welcoming. Very professional. Many thanks to the lady that printed our tickets for the park and the lady that checked us in, and everyone else that made our stay enjoyable. Thank you.
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
AugVac2014
"Great young kids place"
This lodge was fabulous for our young children. The park was small and well staffed. Everyone was very friendly.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
"Fun hotel close to Cedar Point; great for kids"
Three buddies and I decided to check this place out, since it's very near Cedar Point and we needed someplace to spend the night after a day of coasters. We arrived late - after Cedar Point had closed - and the staff was totally ready for us; they had our room keys and welcome packet and everything already set aside. They were VERY friendly, very cool, and very generous - we decided to change our room from a room with two Queen beds to one with one King and a kids' room w/ a bunkbed, and they accommodated without batting an eye. The room itself was clean and comfortable, and the kids' room area was really cool (even 'tho none of us staying there is under 42...) The King mattress was comfortable; the bunk mattresses, less so. We wanted to check the place out, so we took a midnight stroll; nothing was open, of course, and this place is HUGE - it would be easy for young kids to get lost, I think. The indoor swim park looked awesome - we had to leave early the next morning, before it opened, so we didn't get a chance to check it out. The lobby is gigantic, kind of a tribute to old lodge-style hotels, with a big fireplace and some sort of kid-oriented animatronic show in the center. Lots of taxidermy all over the place (which strikes me as just plain weird in a hotel full of anthropomorphic / cartoon animal characters.) BTW: it's very expensive.
1 night trip Aug 6, 2014
Fabulous experience
1 night trip Aug 8, 2014
K
"2 star hotel priced like a 4 star hotel"
My kids had a great time in the water park. I was pleased with it, as well. It was very clean, organized and fun for all. However, the housekeeping at the hotel was lax. When I went to look for my children's things, the area beside the bunk beds in the"wolf den" had obviously never been vacuumed. I found another child's socks and crackers and crumbs that were not from my children. My coffee pot wasn't cleaned or re-stocked the next morning.(We stayed for two nights). The iron was dusty. They didn't re-stock our cups. Every night, a horrible stench would come in from the outside(we were on the first floor) that made it impossible to sleep. When interacting with some of the staff in the hall ways, they seemed stressed out. One was down right rude, and all I said to her was"good morning." The food in the restaurant was good. The coffee was good, but way over-priced. They charge like they are Disney, but the service and ambience doesn't even come close. I'm glad my kids had a great time, but I wouldn't stay there again. I would look elsewhere.
2 night business trip Aug 7, 2014
"Fun"
We were only there 2 days and one was spent away from the hotel. We enjoyed the time we did stay there. Only complaints are the high price of the room and activities (ie quest game for kids) and the air conditioner in our room was very loud. Our son LOVED getting the free wolf ears, hasn't hardly taken them off.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
"Not for families with older children"
For smaller children age 10 or less, this is perfect. For us with teenagers, it was not the best as the water park was designed for small children and did not really appeal to older kids. We went to Cedar Point from here, which was outstanding. Thus, for 10 or younger - you can't miss here, but find another accommodation for adults or families with older kids. The rooms are ok, but tables and carpet are in need of replacement - stains and stickiness from many family vacations. Finally, one problem we had was at 5 am, we were woken up by security looking for the parents of a 2 year old that was found wandering in the lobby unsupervised. Perhaps a system where the wristbands for the water park was linked to the room number where they stayed would have avoided waking everyone in the hall of our wing at 5 am!
2 night family trip Aug 1, 2014
JC
"The Perfect Worry Free family vacation!"
Great Wolf Lodge took all our cares away! It is the perfect place for families who wish to eliminate the stress of hustling from one place to the next by putting everything you need under one roof. It gave us all not only a break from family drama, but a much needed smile on everyone's face! Thank you Great Wolf
Other trip Aug 6, 2014
michael
Had a wonderful time at the hotel! Service was very friendly. Was a little pricey for what we needed but well worth the money!! Beds were comfy. Loved the queen size rather than full anywhere else:) it was also nice to b able to check out and stay at waterpark for as long as we wanted. We had checked in super late. Also great location from cedar point! Definatly plan another get away an stay here:):)
1 night trip with friends Jul 26, 2014
Andrea
My family had a blast! This was our first trip to a water park. Can't wait to go back.
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
"Great deal for good family fun"
Had a great time! Air conditioner in room was very loud. Pool area very clean . Room could have been a little cleaner. Mirrors very dirty and found lots of hair on carpet!
1 night family trip Jul 13, 2014
Family
"Rooms need deep cleaning"
we found French fries and food under matress,hair in bath tub,very heavy build up of dust in kids room,
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
"No cleaning"
We had a blast at Great Wolf. The only complaints we had were that we stayed for 3 nights, and no one ever came to clean or replace towels and things. The other thing was that the pull out sofa bed was not comfortable enough to have anyone sleep on. Other than that, we had a great time in the waterpark. We have kids that range from 3 to 20 and there was lots for everyone to enjoy. It was also nice that there were restaurants right at the hotel. We didn't have to leave and waste precious swimming time in order to get something to eat :).
3 night family trip Jul 7, 2014
"fantastic stay at great wolf!"
Went here for a little family vacation with my husband and son whose 5. Everything was great and all the rides were working. The life guards all did their jobs very well and overall my son had a blast. We also enjoyed ourselves greatly but the park is most definitely made for the little ones. The only thing to look out for are little ones stealing your arcade card if you leaving it laying anywhere for more than a few seconds. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a little family fun in a safe clean atmosphere.
1 night family trip Jul 10, 2014
Jamie
"Hotel very clean, friendly staff ."
It is a kids friendly hotel very nice staff .and close to Cedar Point overall a great place to Stay.
Other trip Jul 12, 2014
"Hotel was decent...."
We went for my son's 12th birthday. He has autism, and he really enjoyed the waterpark. My other children enjoyed it as well. Food choices were not that great and pricey. Overall, it was good because my son had a great time.
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
I Marie
"Surprisingly Underwhelming for a Great Wolf"
First impression was that I should expect the Great Wolf standard of excellence experienced at other locations. The indoor water park is small in comparison to other locations but is maximized considering the space issues. The outdoor pool is a zero entry pool. The arcade is huge and enjoyable/entertaining. Magi quest is completely integrated in the hotel; not a stand alone like other locations - made the game more congested as you attempt to search around guests waiting for elevators or navigating to their rooms. The room seemed clean until I noticed what looked like chocolate milk drip stains on the wall by one of the beds. The ice bucket lid had a lot of little black dots on it. All of these minor issues combined to leave me disappointed in lack of consistency in excellence I have come to expect from Great Wolf Lodges. If I were to be in this area again, I would stay again, but I would also evaluate other options that may be more worth the expenditure.
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
Expected Better
"Loved everything about it! My.kids had a blast!!!"
We had a great time. Hotel was clean, everyone was friendly, quiet time at 11 was enforced. Great location. Mejier grocery store within waking distance was a huge advantage.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
Shelley
"Mixed Experience"
1. Water Park was perfect for all of the kids in our group (ages 3 to 10) 2. Location was great (near Cedar Point, grocery store, restaurants, etc) 3. Our rooms were never cleaned/serviced, so when we came back from Cedar Point we had to request new towels 4. Rooms could use a little refreshing but they are clean
2 night family trip Jun 29, 2014
"Nice hotel, close to the point."
The family enjoyed the waterpark. The lifeguards were very attentive. The price is reasonable, just wish that they site should have more info. Booked thru expedia and upon check out, the hotel price was lower. I got charge third party fees.
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
Jelyn
"Nice hotel close to Cedar Point and has waterpark."
Everyone was really nice and the staff went out of their way to take care of our needs.
Other trip Jun 28, 2014
"Nice stay very comfortable and affordable"
We had a wonderful time would stay again... The little kids spa was adorable!!
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
Family of 4 one
"Always a fun time!"
My son had a Lacrosse tournament in Sandusky, so we thought we would stay a few nights at Great Wolf. The staff was very friendly and even helped me with some event printouts I needed. The waterpark is always fun and the team is extremely courteous and helpful.
3 night trip Jun 19, 2014
RonH
"Great water park, but the room was worn."
The kids enjoyed the water park and the arcade a great deal. However, the room was very worn and did not appear to be clean. The linens and towels had holes in them. Also, I was afraid to let the kids put anything on the floor because it was not clean. In addition, the staff was pretty helpful, but not very friendly. We will plan on staying at a different hotel during our next trip to Sandusky.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
Kelli
We had a great experience. I would definitely recommend it to someone. Accommodations were nice hotel is very expensive though!
Other trip Jun 18, 2014
"Great for families with young children"
I stayed a week with my sixteen year old. We came for Cedar Point and took a drive to Niagara Falls. (A long drive, but worth it!) We stayed in a family suite and it was roomy and comfortable. The activities appeared to be great fun for the youngsters, and the water park is very much geared to younger kids. Older children will need to find their thrills elsewhere. The only downside was possibly due to a misunderstanding. My son was terribly jet-lagged and so we stayed in the room longer that day. I just told the maid coffee and fresh towels are fine. The same happened the next day. The day after that, the room very much needed serviced and we were out all day and came back to...the same untidy room we had left that morning. I called the desk and they said housekeeping was gone, I said fine but make sure they clean it tomorrow. I was told I should call housekeeping in the morning to ask them to clean the room. I had to wonder if this was what the other guests were doing, it was a first for me. Anyway, we got back from Niagara Falls and the room was clean but I did need to go down to ask for some coffee packets. Back to the good stuff, they have a couple of restaurants, a bar and plenty of free parking. They are close to anything that is interesting in Sandusky and overall, the experience was a good one. I would recommend this resort to others.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
Bruce
"Nice hotel in ohio"
The hotel is great alot to do as a family . Make sure to check your room nightly we ran out of towels and toilet paper . the cleaning staff needs some work.
Other trip Jun 13, 2014
Room had a couple issues that suggested it was overdue for maintenance (patio door was broken and some sort of hinge had been installed--it wouldn't open); bleach-like stains on the carpet. But neither interfered too much with the stay (would've been nice to go outside to enjoy the evening). And the staff was unfailingly polite and helpful.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
We could not open the deck doors to many bugs outside
1 night family trip May 30, 2014
Ronda Greiner
"Great for kids, and adults too!"
Was looking for a place to stay near Cedar Point that offered something to do when not at the park. Ended up spending more time at Great Wolf Lodge that at Cedar Point. A little pricey but worth it. Went over Memorial Day weekend but did not feel it was crowded at all. Nice that they only allow guests to use the facilities and do not sell day tickets like other places. Did not like the breakfast restaurant. They serve family style, which means they bring out platters of eggs, bacon, sausage, and hash browns. Some people may like this but was a big waste of food for my family of three. Would recommend going to Dennys or Cracker Barrel nearby. Overall, a fun experience. I would go back.
Other trip May 29, 2014
"Fun place but disappointed in hours of operation."
This was a very fun place to stay. It was clean and well kept but the hours of pool operation and game room operation were really disappointing. We stayed over Memorial Day weekend and the pool closes at 9pm. The game room closed at 11 pm. So with teenage kids and fun parents who like to play, this was a bit of a bummer.
1 night trip with friends May 24, 2014
"Great wolf lodge"
If we had known that is was geared more for little kids we would have not went. We have 15-16 yr olds and they didn't enjoy it. It should be posted on the web site the age group. Won't be back there.
Other trip May 14, 2014