All hotels in Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin, United States of America
1400 Great Wolf Dr, Wisconsin Dells, WI, 53965, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

It was wonderful
2 night family trip Aug 23, 2015
The room was adequate. Nothing fancy. I was somewhat disappointed in the toiletries in the room. The shampoo/conditioner was a single little bottle and was only enough for one person. Fortunately I bring my own. But my husband and 2 children didn't have enough for the 3 of them for one shower (both of my daughters have very long hair). And being that it is a hotel/waterpark, we showered twice before the room was cleaned and replenished. So needless to say, we needed to go down to the desk and wait in the very long line just to get more. Aside from that, I felt it was a nice hotel and an ok indoor waterpark. If the weather had been nicer, I would have stayed at a hotel with out the waterpark and gotten their package deal for Noah's ark tickets and saved myself a lot of money. We did not eat in the restaurant because we wanted to go out and explore the Dells. I felt that the front desk staff were very welcoming and the rooms were clean.
1 night family trip Aug 23, 2015
Tammy
Trip was fun. Hotel was OK but room was not cleaned three days in a row. Calls for extra towels was fruitless. Management deducted from our bill but needs to get better help.
5 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
It was wonderful and relaxing. It was also very clean.
1 night romance trip Aug 20, 2015
"Fun Family Resort"
All the facilities were clean and in good condition. The staff were all friendly and helpful. The water park was fun, kept up well, and very large. Magic Quest provided lots of entertainment in between time spent in the water. Very fun and nice place for a family trip.
4 night family trip Aug 11, 2015
Wallace
"Very pleased"
This was our first time staying at Great Wolf Lodge. We were very pleased with the hotel and location. There is lots to do at the hotel and nearby. We were at the Dells from Thursday to Sunday and on Saturday the traffic on the Parkway was bumper to bumper from late morning til into the evening- we were so glad we were able to avoid it. Loved the waterpark, it is great for all ages. The hotel is very family-friendly and we plan on making this our new place to stay.
3 night family trip Aug 13, 2015
"Nice stay."
We came with our adult son to visit our daughter. The hotel is geared more towards younger families. The rooms are very nice and clean. The water park was small but very nice. Staff is very friendly and helpful.
2 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
Colleen
Water park staff was over the top great. Very curious and took their job seriously. They know safety was important.
1 night family trip Aug 13, 2015
LLOYD B
Fabulous trip! Stayed in the Black Bear Condos! Very clean rooms. Very nice Staff! Water Park area was super nice and clean. Lifeguards everywhere - very attentive to where their watch area was. Highly recommend! We will definitely come back!
3 night family trip Aug 10, 2015
"Family vacation"
Our grandchildren loved it. Ages 2&5. Perfect for them. The hotel is close to good restaurants and shopping. Easy to get to the Dells. Condo was clean. Traffic is pretty loud if you have a room facing the interstate. Next time we'll request parking lot room. Great place to stay!
3 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
"Premium lifeguard service!"
premium indoor/outdoor waterpark! My boys enjoyed every second! My wife and I felt relaxed around the premium lifeguard service. Drinks are expensive. $6 for a beer, but we snuck a few beers in with our snacks poolside.
2 night family trip Jul 28, 2015
Anthony
"Comfort and fun"
I loved the atmosphere of the place. Things for adults and kids. Clean, quiet, comfortable. Within walking distance of shopping, fun, and food.
2 night trip with friends Jul 24, 2015
"A little disappointed"
Everything was fine. It is just geared more toward the younger group. My son is 13 and thought it was boring. It was a lot smaller than I thought. There was no lazy river. That was something that I was looking forward to. For the price, I was thinking there would be a lot more.
1 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
Don
Nice hotel. Beautiful room. The water park closes at 9pm which is disappointing after driving so far to get there. They should keep the inside open longer. The checkin line took almost an hour. That also ate into the waterpark time. Once I got to the counter, the staff were friendly and helpful.
1 night trip with friends Jul 19, 2015
"Not quite up to the $300/night value"
Staff was good. Water rides were somewhat limited and separated into two different areas. Would have been better if the ride that was down (I understand it has been down for some time) had been fixed.
1 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
"Family Fun"
We were looking for a fun family vacation and that is what we got. The hotel was geared towards children and provided them with activities to do other then the arcade and water park. Room was clean and every room had a balcony! Location was good with several restaurants nearby but had to drive to most attractions. The only down side was the room had a slight musky smell due to having a water park in house. Room was pretty pricy for a basic room but it was a very clean and roomy.
3 night family trip Jul 9, 2015
Megan
"great place"
Hotel and staff were great. No complaints. Hotel set up is amazing. Can't wait to go again. Will stay here everytime I'm in the dells.
2 night family trip Jul 10, 2015
jason
"Go ahead and cry wolf!!!"
Very nice rooms..fridge..microwave..comfortable beds..very clean..nice balcony. We would definitely stay again. Water park was great. I would suggest at least a one night stay to use the indoor water park. A bit pricey, but used my reward discount to lower the price.
1 night family trip Jul 7, 2015
Scott M.
"RFID wristbands are annoying"
No room keys just annoying plastic wrist bands with RFID chips. Not pleasant to have to wear on multi day visits.
2 night family trip Jul 5, 2015
paul
"Fun trip!"
One night was not enough to do all that the hotel offered. Staff members were helpful. Felt safe in the waterpark.
1 night family trip Jul 1, 2015
"Comfy place in the Dells"
We love the Great Wolf for it's cleanliness and décor. The indoor and outdoor waterparks are very clean and very nice. Numerous attentive lifeguards. Our room was large and very quiet and comfortable. My only complaint was at check-in. We happened to get a not-so-friendly clerk, who really was not helpful at all. It was an awkward experience. She did not explain much of anything to us, especially that your wristbands now also work as your keys to get into your room. We figured that our for ourselves. Upon check-out we had the manager of guest services, and he couldn't be any more nice and helpful. I would stay there again.
1 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
Sheryl
"Great fun for baby!"
Overall, our stay was great and enjoyed the entire hotel. We dined in at the hotel restaurant and was somewhat disappointed with the service as the food took almost an hour to get. However the food was great and loved the dessert shop! The water park was perfect and had a great time with our 8 month old as there were plenty of areas for her to play and enjoy the water safely. The lifeguards take their job very serious and felt secure in all areas!
2 night family trip Jun 25, 2015
Kristen
Missed housekeeping as kids were napping when they tried to clean room no alternative offered
2 night family trip Jun 22, 2015
Primarily for families with children.
1 night romance trip Jun 11, 2015
"50th Birthday Bash!"
I booked this hotel for my 50th Birthday celebration. The hotel gives you wrist bands for entry into their waterpark which is phenominal; but the bands also work as your room key and credit card!! So no having to carry around your wallet if you want to dine in their restaurant or want to buy a drink by the pool! Terrific!! Incidentally, if you're going for a birthday celebration you can order a b-day cake...you just have to give them about 5-6hrs notice! Also, the pizza there is probably pre-made. My son asked for no mushroom for me and it looked like the pizza came with extra mushrooms! Just an FYI if you've got allergies! The hotel is within walking distance of a Noodles & Company...I shall remember that for next time. Enjoy your stay!! :D
1 night family trip Jun 16, 2015
Jeannie
"A great place for families!!"
We booked one night at the great wolf lodge as a stop on our way home from Michigan. There were so any different activities that we disnt have time to do them all. We had such a great time and wishes that we had booked a couple of nights! We will be back!
1 night family trip Jun 14, 2015
"I will be staying again!!"
Had a great stay, very clean room, great service, great staff.
2 night family trip Jun 1, 2015
Howard
Great waterpark for smaller children. Daughters loved scoops spa.
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
"Waterpark/hotel"
This was a great place to stay with two young children (2,6). It offered many life guards to back us up in the water park. Drinks, food, and other services can be charged to a room key that is conveniently secured to one's wrist...if only that it would work reliably..
1 night family trip May 29, 2015
Joshua
It is very child focused, good for families. They had activities to keep the children occupied besides the water parks.
Other trip May 30, 2015
"Fantastic"
Great place for families!
1 night family trip May 19, 2015
"Fun weekend getaway!"
We took our three boys (10, 8 and 5) for a birthday celebration weekend. We arrived around 5pm on Friday afternoon, and left on Sunday. We had a blast at the waterpark! The Great Wolf was an excellent introduction to the Dells for our family. It had enough big water slides to keep our older boys entertained, and was small enough that I didn't mind them going off on their own while I stayed at some of the more kiddie attractions with their younger brother. We all loved the wave pool. We had a bit of a line at check in, at least a dozen deep, but it moved fairly quickly and the staff passed out wolf ears for the kids while we were waiting. Once we got up to the desk check-in was very efficient. As it was after 4pm our room was ready right away.
Other trip May 11, 2015
Jess
"Great attractions, average hotel"
the hotel on its own (without the waterpark and all the attractions) is pretty average. room condition is motel-ish. The waterpark is of course awesome along with all the services provided (spa, restaurant, arcade room, etc).
2 night family trip Apr 10, 2015
"Nice hotel. Close to most attractions."
Had a good time. Food was good and the staff was friendly.
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
Terry
"Had a great stay."
The lodge was great. Staff was friendly and helpful. The room was comfy and clean. Our only criticism is that it would've been nice if they had a water slide or two that you could ride with a young child (young in our case was an 18 month old (the rules say the child, in addition to meeting height requirements, must also be able to hold handles on the tubes by themselves)). They did have some slides that children that age could go down solo, but you need to have two people (one at the top, and the other at the base of the slide) to make it work. Otherwise, the water park was a blast. The lifeguards are very focused, so it's a very safe environment for young children.
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
Al
"A Good Night's Sleep Was All We Needed..."
Funny story....booked here for a quick overnight trip when we couldn't push the last two hours to drive home to Chicago...and thought we were booking at the Wilderness Lodge (that's how tired we were). I've had a hard time finding hotels that I'm actually content to stay in at the Dells (most are run down and overpriced) but the staff was friendly, the room was clean and the beds were comfortable. My only complaint was that everything was shut down at 10pm, so there was no food or drinks available other than vending machines. It did the trick, so it was all good. Would be willing to give this hotel another shot the next time I'm in the area to have a more comprehensive experience.
1 night family trip Apr 19, 2015
"Spring break at Great Wolf Lodge"
We had a great time as a family. All employees were quite nice, professional and very helpful. They all had a smile and easily approachable. The hotel restaurant was slow and many customers frustrated. It took us over an hour to get food. We almost walked out half way through but they assured us that the food was coming. We waited it out but the children started to melt down. My 4-year old said he had a tummy ache. We never went back. One day our room never got cleaned because they did not get to our room until 5:00 pm. At that time, we wanted to change and go out to eat.
3 night family trip Apr 8, 2015
Pam L
"Family Getaway with Young Kids"
Great family getaway to escape the cold weather. Kids loved the Kid Cabin Suite. My husband and I agreed it was the first time they've ever begged to go to bed early! Waterpark was ideal for young families. Maybe not as great for teens and 20-somethings, at least if they are staying for a few nights. Not as many large waterslides to keep older kids occupied for multiple days. But my kids (ages 7 and 3) loved the wave pool since it was a little more tame than others we've been in. They also loved the family hot tub, which was the same temp as a warm bath instead of being too hot for them. Pajama storytime and pajama dance party at night was a nice touch!
2 night family trip Apr 10, 2015
Mindy
Fun weekend vacation!! Hotel had a lot of things to do for the kids. Never had to leave the hotel. Waterpark and Magiquest were loads of fun.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
"Always love Great Wolf but recent changes not good"
The hotel was clean, staff was pleasant and helpful but recent changes aren't all for the better. Moving the cub club to the halfway near the lobby made it impossible for the kids to enjoy because the sun was shining through the windows so harshly it burned them. The amount of tubes was so few that it made utilizing the slides tedious. There was no line at the top because there weren't enough tubes. The breakfast buffet was a great option for us and now it's an empty conference center. The amount of seating and staff for the ONLY restaurant is seriously lacking and we chose to leave the resort to eat elsewhere. Our teenagers commented that it was obvious that the changes were made wroth profits in mind and not guests comfort/convenience. We're hopeful this is just a transitional phase and will give them another chance because we've always had such a great experience in the past.
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
mom of 6
"Meh."
My kids love the Great Wolf Lodge - the grown-ups, less so. Plenty to keep the kids occupied (we spring for the Paw Pass every year, and the kids love the pool & Magic Qwest). My 8-year old is too old for story time now (it's pretty cheesy & full of animatronics) but the 4 year old still loves it. We found the restaurant service to be incredibly slow no matter what time we went, and our room wasn't serviced until around 5:00 each day (we stayed 3 nights). To top it all off, Housekeeping entered our room (without knocking) at 10:30 on our day of checkout. With better service staff (housekeeping, restaurant - although our servers were all friendly), I'd happily overlook the expense (it's more expensive than a Disney resort) and underwhelming amenities. The pool is great, though, especially in the winter!
3 night family trip Mar 25, 2015
Maria
"It's OK"
The bed mattresses are terrible.... Overall it's OK food at the restaurant overpriced and not that good.
"Spring Break Get Away With Grand Kids"
We took our 5 grand kids to Gray Wolf for a spring break get away. The Gray Wolf Lodge and water park provided fun for all ages. Our grand kids are 18 months to 15 years old. We stayed in a condo which had a full kitchen. That allowed us to make breakfast and lunch for the kids without leaving our room. The large bathroom was nice, and the warmth of the fire place felt good after coming back from the pools. It was very clean and the staff was very friendly. We were always greeted with a smile and hello as we passed staff in the halls.
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
"Great comfortable size hotel w activities"
This hotel was great for family with young children. The life guards on duty were focused at every station! They were excellent! The staff at every turn were kind and welcoming, including the staff at the Lodge restaurant.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
"Great Family-Friendly Resort"
Everything was pretty good at the Great Wolf Lodge. My son (2.5 yrs old) loved every moment from the indoor water park to the story times to the "dance party" they had in the lobby for kids at night. The only snafu that I had was that our room key stopped working after our original checkout time. We had arranged for a late checkout so we could use the water park more before leaving. The folks at the front desk did handle it appropriately to the best of their abilities, but it just was a problem having my wife and son waiting for some time to get back in the room while being in their wet bathing suits.
2 night family trip Mar 20, 2015
"Perfect Hotel for Families with Kids!"
Great Location close to indoor amusement park with bowling, go-carts, and arcade. Close to shopping and eating! Rooms are nicely kept and clean. Perfect sized hotel not huge so walking around with younger children is easy. Pool water is always nice don't have to ever "get used" to the water temp it's very comfortable. Adults only Hot Tub, lots of waterslides, small children's area, and a wave pool. Lot's of places to eat in the hotel itself so if you don't want to leave you don't have to. However, the breakfast buffet isn't the greatest and quite expensive your better off going to Denny's down the road. I love taking my family here!
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
Dells Fanatic
"Family vaca"
Was very fun. Room was kinda small for the price
2 night family trip Mar 6, 2015
Justin
"Family hotel. Basic. Nothing special."
Thin walls. Dated and over used furniture. Room service would be a nice service to add. Pretty basic family waterpark hotel.
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
Jamie
"Winter Getaway"
My family went for a few days, mid-week, in February. The weather outside was more than chilly, but inside the hotel felt like summer. The Great Wolf has a great location near the outdoor mall, Knuckleheads, Denny's and more. In the evening they have stories in front of the clock tower located in the lounge. Perfect for young kids. Many of the children came down in their pajamas making their experience more enjoyable. The indoor waterparks were all located near each other. Which made it very convenient to move from one to the next in our swimming attire. I have stayed at the Wilderness, and although I did love that stay too, the hike from waterpark to waterpark in winter was through the hotel in wet suits and some of the walkways were freezing when wet.
2 night family trip Feb 18, 2015
Nicole
"Nice hotel close to attractions"
Hotel staff at check in were pleasing and helpful. Room were comfortable and clean. Heating system was a little noisy. Rooms were plain but matched theme of facility.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015