All hotels in Kennebunk, Maine, United States of America
45 Main St, Kennebunk, ME, 04043, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

No wifi even though they said it worked it did not. No guest computer either. No service on the patio. Front desk lady with blond hair worked very hard and was doing every job. Everyone else, not so much!
2 night family trip Aug 6, 2015
Kathleen
Food was fantastic. Hotel very old, but charming. Don't expect elevators. Some of the rooms small. All very helpful. Much more low key then Kennibunkport.
2 night romance trip Jul 28, 2015
"Bad with the good"
My wife and I had the hotels.com app opened to the Kennebunk inn as it showed they had 3 rooms left. We had additional questions, so we called them. They lied saying they didn't have any rooms. We booked thru hotels.com no problem. Turned out they wanted to impose a 2 night minimum stay. The mattress had a serious dip in the middle indicating it hadn't been flipped/rotated in forever. Being forced to spoon in 80 degree heat in the middle of July not my idea of a comfortable nights sleep. On to the bathroom..the tiles were a color that disguised dirt so the clean freak in me wet a tissue and and ran it over the floor in front of the toilet...needless to say we had all the towels spread on the floor. The one good thing they did accommodate us when we asked for a room in which the window opened..
1 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
Derek
"The worst place in Kennebunk"
I would never stay at this Inn again. It was horrid. The staff was rude and not impolite. Our room was on the 3rd floor with old rickety stairs with no elevator. The room was ugly, with cheap furnishings, a noisy air conditioner, a cramped dirty bathroom. Dirty room and bathroom !!! The parking was not secure and under a dirty tree, which ended up costing me an extra $30 to get my car cleaned after the tree dropped all of my car overnight. I was woken up at 6am by the noise of the hotel, totally ridiculous. On a scale of 1-10 I would rate this Inn as a "1" I would suggest that hotels.com remove this Inn from their list of places to stay, I would certainly never, ever stay there again !!!
1 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
"Nice, quiet Inn"
Nice Inn, we were only there for 1 night and didn't spend too much time in the room but it was fine. Nice staff, they have a restaurant in the hotel and centrally located to Kennebunk. We spent the evening a short drive away in Kennebunkport where there is much more to do. The only complaint about the room was the window-unti AC was loud and not terribly powerful so we were a bit warm in the room.
1 night romance trip Jul 11, 2015
"Boring Monday Night"
Nice place but the town closes early on Monday night. 10 pm last call at Sebago Brewery. Really?? Should have stayed in Kennebunkport instead
1 night romance trip Jun 29, 2015
"Historic Hotel large room- deep clawfoot tub"
Was very happy with every thing. historic hotel with wonderful deep claw-foot tub = luxurious bathing... famous chef in kitchen... been to many restaurants in and out of town. ate in 3 meals in two days on site food at all price points did not choose expensive items yet delighted with items will go back again.
Other trip May 24, 2015
JT
"Very happy"
Pleasant stay. A hotel that feels comfortable like a bed and breakfast. Directly on the main street. The bathtub in my room was a claw foot tub and if you were elderly or shorter, it would be a challenge getting in and out.
1 night business trip Apr 16, 2015
Simone
"Needed a pet friendly inn"
Very disappointed in our room and location. Not much to do in center of Kennebunk... but Kennebunkport just a 10 minutes ride away wit nice shops and eats. Our rom was et friendly, which I guess means 'run down' room. Floors were slanted, toilet not stable on the floor, old old plumbing. Room was small and I did not feel safe, as they leave the back door unlocked 24/7 and the only thing between us and a crime was an old fashioned door lock! Oh, and public skating rink with loud music 2 feet away!
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
Denise
""The Ice Man returns""
We arrived to check in prior to going back to spend the night but when we arrived back after 11:00 that evening the room felt uncomfortably cold ( the outside temperature was in the 20's). We try to turn on the radiator and after about a half hour Phil was finally able to turn the stuck knob. The heat never warmed the room until the next morning. I slept in flannel pj's, socks and a sweater---- not the romantic ambiance we had experienced staying there in the past. The "faux" down comforter was lacking any filling, so it was basically sleeping between three sheets!! There were no extra blankets in the room. Phil initially turn on the hot water in the tub to generate some heat. It took over 15 minutes for any hot water to be generated! When checking out the next morning, we related our frustration of the night before and the receptionist simply said "I'll tell them" ------ end of conversation.
1 night romance trip Dec 29, 2014
PhilipC
"VIntage Inn with convenient in town location"
A nice enough place. We had a "pet friendly" suite that consisted of 2 relatively cramped, typically Inn-noisy rooms with not a particularly comfortable place to sit in either -- which you might expect with a so-called suite. The 2 flat screen TVs the host bragged about seemed unnecessarily small, and not much larger than a computer monitor. The bar, restaurant and lobby had a nice, comfortably vintage feel to them. That was probably the best aspect of the Inn - at least given the room we had.
"Comfortable Historic Inn."
Nice historic pet friendly hotel. Good location to shopping and tourist attractions. Unfortunately the highly rated hotel restaurant was not open the time we were staying there. Our room was in the back of the hotel convenient to parking and we didnt need to enter/exit through the main lobby. Nice big comfortable bed, huge closet, fun bathtub. I would recommend staying at the inn.
2 night romance trip Oct 5, 2014
"Not what we expected"
When we booked our room, we were not told their restaurant is not open Sun & Mon. We were told days later there was plenty of restaurants close there isn't. Also told there were plenty of taxi's, there is but in other towns. So it cost $25 to get to Dock Square one way, not including tip. The Inn needs updates and pictures on the wall, there was none in our room. Maybe if the restaurant and bar was open, or it was summer it would have been better. Disappointed! Not terrible, but we will not be staying there again.
1 night romance trip Oct 12, 2014
stephen
"Fabulous spot!"
Such a quant little spot! Very peaceful! Very close to kennebunkport for beautiful scenary drive
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
barb
"Beautiful Inn built in 1799."
We had a wonderful time. The bar, restaurant and Inn were excellent. They were so good to us on a holiday weekend. It made for the perfect escape for the weekend.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
40yo couple
"Great restaurant; needed room change."
We had to change our room after the first night due to terribly loud noises from the street below and the creeky wood floors (every time someone took a step; opened a door I was awoken). The staff readily helped us with room change however, there was no assistance with baggage upon check in/out or room change. The restaurant was very good!
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
Rebecca
"Very OLD Hotel"
Hotel is Very old ,with your door closed people passing down hall can see into rooms .the walls are paper thin ,need I say more !
Other trip Sep 20, 2014
Dennis
"Small town charm"
I have read many negative reviews on this Inn. I found that it had a small town charm to it. An Inn that built in 1800s. Yes the wallpaper was outdated, the bathroom was small - but it was expected. Staff was friendly & I would definitely stay there again. Oh, no worries about the Inn being haunted, was not much activity while we were there.
Other trip Sep 12, 2014
Meg
"Not as website shows"
We like old. We like antiques. This was run down old. Would not recommend to a friend.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
"Kennebunkport"
I lovely place to stay with friendly staff. It's a lot cheaper than staying in kennebunkport itself and easy to get to.
2 night family trip Aug 19, 2014
The Rushes
"Worst hotel we have ever stayed in."
This hotel is just plain nasty. I paid $235.00 for the smallest, dirtiest room ever. One bed and one dresser and barely enough room to walk around the bed. Not even a chair to sit and put your shoes on. You had to watch the tiny TV while lying on the bed only. The bathroom was a joke. It was so tiny and so dirty, we wouldn't even shower there. Thank goodness we only stayed for one night. The sink was only about 12 inches wide. I didn't think anyone even made such small sinks. There was no place to rest your toothbrush or hair brush or to put any of your toiletries. The shower was so small and dirty. The doors were difficult to close, so as you tried to sleep, all you heard was slamming doors everywhere. The bathroom looks like it hasn't been painted since the Inn was built in the 1700's. The bathroom and bedroom had paint chipped everywhere. Since it was built so long ago, there was probably lead paint under all of those chips. I don't think this is a very healthy place to visit. On top of everything, it was dusty as hell. There was probably 1/2 inch of dust on top of the lampshades and along the woodwork in the bathroom. The a/c smelled badly and the filter was probably clogged. They did not even serve any breakfast at all. For that price, it was certainly a rip off. I told the young lady at the desk that she needed to be sure the owners were made aware of the condition of this Inn. Nasty, nasty, nasty!!!
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
Marie
"Charming Village Inn"
Very nice Inn with a superb restaurant. The room was charming and not a chain-type fell. They gave us a choice of rooms. The inn allowed us to bring outer Lab Retreiver as well.
1 night business trip Aug 27, 2014
"Next to noisy construction site"
This property is in serious need of a major overhaul. The bathroom was small and uncomfortable, small sink with no counter space not even a shelf. Toiletries had to go on the floor. The mirror was slanted so guests would have to bend down to look into it. The room was uninviting although the bed was comfortable. Steps were steep making it difficult to get luggage upstairs. No help offered by the one staff member. Coffee was not offered till 7:30. Overall, I would not recommend this property to anyone. I can't rate service because there was none.
2 night trip Aug 11, 2014
Martin Buchman
"An pleasant inn run by "foodies""
The Kennebunk Inn offers pleasant, but unsophisticated lodging, with a very nice restaurant in a quiet small town setting. It served the needs of my wife and me well as we traveled overnight to pick up our daughter who spent the summer as a camp counselor in Maine. The owners are a husband and wife team who met as students at the Culinary Institute of America. As might be expected the dining room is more impressive than the guest rooms. Our room was adequate but sparse with nowhere to sit other than the bed and not so much as a shelf to rest a toilet bag on in the bathroom. I ended up putting mine on the floor as I shaved and brushed my teeth. The Kennebunk is recommended for those who rather endure a few minor quirks than spend another night in a generic chain hotel room.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
"Old and Dirty"
I frequently like older hotels with charm, this had none. The town location is great. Be aware that if you are on the third floor you may be lugging suitcases up several flights of stairs. Porch was still littered with bar classes at 9 AM the next morning left from the night before,
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
great traveler
"Just Okay"
Came with very young kids - not the best inn for this situation. Though our room/suite was perfect for our group, we were on the third floor and since kids will be kids, you really can't stop them from crying, screaming and stomping after sleeping or being stuck in a car ride to come to Maine. Not even the best parents or babysitters can stop this. So aside from being sorry for the other guests, it was not restful at all. Maybe the idea of staying here would have been better for just a couple or a group of adult friends or families with older children. Other then that, the place was okay. I just do not understand why the front desk wasn't staffed and we were on our own from the time we arrived before 9PM and when we checked out at 7AM.
2 night family trip Jul 21, 2014
"Nice & Well Priced"
This was a nice hotel/inn . Rooms are a little dated but quaint and charming. Our room was #5 on the first floor at the back of the building. It is a nice room that accommodated us and our two kids with its 2nd room daybed. Very nice. However, the room as window ac units and everyone smokes behind the building and our window units seem to be sucking that air into the room. So our room smelled like smoke. It wasn't unbearable but if you don't like smoke this is not the room for you. Bring some bottled water as there is none in the room. Staff was wonderful and bed comfortable. Bathroom had all the amenities you need.
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
Kelly McCarthy
"Quaint and cozy stay!"
The staff was absolutely charming! Even though this Inn was built in 1799, it had all the updated amenities and I can't say enough about our wonderful and relaxing stay! We just loved it and will definitely be back again.
Other trip Aug 2, 2014
skeeter
"Not a good room."
The "family suite" had two bedrooms connected together with no door and no common area. You had to walk through someone else's bedroom to get to the bathroom. Bad shower, old tub with a shower head that could not be adjusted down, would spray directly at your face with water jetting out over the shower curtain onto the floor. It was a quaint Inn in a very nice town with old shops along the street, but the rooms need to be worked on.
Other trip Aug 1, 2014
jeff
"Make sure it is the Hotel you are looking for."
The hotel is older and not updated. There was peeling paint, water marks on the ceiling, Hot water took a while to get warm in the morning and there was construction going on literally 10 feet from my window. The check in lady was not very friendly. The hotel is very similar in name to the Hotel I actually researched and was trying to book. Kennebunk Inn vs. Kennebunkport Inn. Price was about the same and I was rushing to purchase the room and booked the wrong hotel. So be careful and make sure this is what you want.
2 night trip Jul 25, 2014
Freddy Perez
"Do not miss the restaurant !"
Hotel personnel were very welcoming , friendly. Hotel itself is a bit run down , rooms limited, and area low key.. . A first rate restaurant in the Inn was the absolute highlight of our stay
1 night trip Jul 26, 2014
Carney
"No Stars Needed"
we booked this room through expedia, who rated the hotel 3.5. This room was dirty, thread bare sheets, wallpaper peeling off the wall, moldy air conditioning. It was not 3.5 quality. I would not recommend this Inn. The manager called me back a week later and said they had better rooms and it was my fault for not asking for one. What was not to understand, we told them we were not happy with the quality of the Inn.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
Joan & Tom
"Newport"
Excellent service. Morning breakfast was good.
1 night trip with friends Jul 9, 2014
Great location! Very nice Restorante Academic !! We absolutely coming back!& lovely place and time!
2 night trip Jul 11, 2014
"Very Quaint Hotel"
Everything was delightful. Great location! The staff was very friendly right from check in to the restaurant/bar. only negative was the small bathroom as other reviews mentioned as well as the street side gets a little noisy. But overall it was great.
2 night trip Jul 1, 2014
Diane Mancino
Welcoming staff. Clean environment. Older facility.
"Ok place to stay"
The inn needs major updating. While it is understood the age and to maintain the history, things like: calcified shower heads, extremely hard mattresses, no curtains only white blinds which let in early am light and street light, no "vanity" stand in bathroom make this a hard sell at $150 night. $5 off food purchase in restaurant is not very generous considering the food prices. The woman at the desk was not overly friendly and pretty much left you to the brochures by the door .. Basically here is your key and room, I'm busy. I would not not recommend this place to a friend.
2 night trip Jun 28, 2014
"Wait until construction is finished next door!"
The Kennebunk Inn has a certain charm, but is a little run-down in places, too. However, as of late June 2014 there is major construction of a new Town Pavilion going on RIGHT NEXT DOOR. They start at 7 AM with earth movers, crane work, etc. There were literally men bolting girders with a plain view into our 3rd story windows. The Inn did not warn us that this would be happening when we made our reservation. You don't really want to stay here until the construction is finished ... perhaps by end of July, 2014? Check with hotel staff. Food in the Academe restaurant is very good (but note they are closed Mondays). Hotel was retrofitted with sprinkler pipes that run in and out of rooms just above head height. I couldn't raise my arms in the shower to rinse without hitting a pipe. Madison family suites are roomy, and have a full kitchen (not just a kitchenette), but no pots, pans, or staples ... so you'll be shopping.
Other trip Jun 28, 2014
"Construction"
The hotel was in a great location, also had very good customer service. It was your old typical inn located in the heart of one of New England's hidden gem towns. I was extremely happy with my stay until about 5:00am on the morning after I stayed......loud construction going on right outside of my window, impossible for me to sleep. I had to get up at 5:00am to locate my car and then go park in a neighborhood to sleep for another few hours. If sleeping in my car was in my plans I would have stayed at another hotel. The least they could have done was give me a warning.
1 night trip Jun 18, 2014
Ryan G
"cute"
Nice hotel, nice outside sitting area, comfortable bed.
1 night business trip Jun 15, 2014
Calvin
"old but nice"
This is a very old building, built as a doctor's office and home in 1799. There is an outdoor patio in the back (not very clean) and a porch with white, wooden rocking chairs on the front. We stayed in the Jefferson Room. It was a bit smallish but very nice and clean. The old wooden floors creak and the bath that was added to the room was very small but functional. No shelves for toiletries or anything. Nothing special. No coffee pot in the room. You have to get up and get dressed and go downstairs for a cup of coffee. The location of this hotel is not handy to restaurants. We took a taxi down to the Hurricane Restaurant and the food was excellent. If you require an elevator, this is not the hotel for you. We stayed here for the history not the luxury.
1 night trip Jun 2, 2014
"Our weekend away"
We had dinner in the inn on a Saturday evening. We were very disappointed with the meal. I had the lobster pie which is supposed to be their signature dish. It consisted of a small shallow dish with exactly 1 small lobster claw in it and a few tiny pieces of knuckle meat from that one claw in a chowder base. It came with a giant piece of puff pastry on top of it and nothing else. I was still starving after eating it. My dinner companion had fish and chips which looked a lot more filling for less money.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
Skyler
"To avoid"
Room 14 is to avoid at all cost. I felt I was sleeping on the yellow line of the main street. Traffic stopped around midnight and started again at 6 am. The traffic noise pollution mainly came through the AC. This hotel -at least the room I was in needs a little TC. No glass of water in the room. This was overly priced for what it offers. The room at regular price is $160!!! However, the food and staff at the bar were both extremely nice.
Other trip May 28, 2014
"Wonderful Stay"
I absolutely loved the Kennebunk Inn! I called the Inn a few days before my check in (because I would be arriving after their front desk person left), the lady I spoke with told me she'd leave my keys on the desk and I could come in through the patio entrance of the Inn. When I got there, the keys were exactly where she said they'd be, with a note telling me to enjoy my stay. And I did. The room was adorable. The bed was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. We stayed in a Jefferson Room that had a view of Main St in Kennebunk. The only reason I rated the staff as "okay" is because we arrived after the staff had left and left in the morning before any staff had arrived. My only regret staying here is that we didn't stay longer.
Other trip May 27, 2014
Kaitlin
Room very small bathroom very small
2 night trip with friends May 23, 2014
PJ
"overnight getaway"
I booked a dog friendly room and paid extra for the "Jefferson Room" on the first floor with access to the patio. When I arrived, I was brought to a room on the second floor that was not what I had expected. I did ask about changing to the room that I had originally received confirmation for when I booked it online. They very pleasantly transferred me to the "right" room. Room was full of character. View was the parking lot but there was easy access to the outside for my dog, if necessary. There were no special amenities offered such as listed on their website, i.e. coupons to local restaurants, welcome gift basket, etc. Overall, it was pleasant, staff were welcoming and polite. I came on a Monday so I missed the opportunity to dine at Academe but found other great options nearby as well as a local dog park that was great. I had to find out where to take my dog through a local pizza shop server
Other trip Apr 9, 2014
"Family Suite"
My family and I had a great time at the Kennebunk Inn!
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
"Comfortable inn with restaurant."
When we arrived, the reservation was ready and the head clerk was expecting us. Check-in was swift and friendly. We had coffee and desert in the restaurant. This was a very restful time. The room was clean and comfy. In the hall outside our section of the inn was a sitting room. We made use of the room on Saturday evening and quietly read. We had supper in the restaurant. Food was delicious. The staff we helpful and accommodating.
Other trip Feb 24, 2014
"A disappointment"
We pictured a historic old inn, a warm welcome, and cozy romantic room,. but were disappointed. It is a big old place, with much potential from the outside, but the rooms looked liked the place had been hastily furnished on a shoestring budget without an eye to aesthetics or color. We arrived in the evening, the inn was empty and we were 1 of 2 cars in the lot all night. By the time found our way to the front desk (the front door was locked), there was a young woman who give us papers, but was not particularly welcoming or helpful. There was an assortment of very mundane yard sale-type furniture in the numerous open rooms we saw upstairs. Overall, our room décor left much to be desired and I was surprised that I did not notice fireplaces in any of the many rooms I saw. Only 2 rooms offered a king sized bed and both were disappointing. The wall to wall carpet in our room was dated, worn and looked like it needed a shampoo. The room was clean but the carpet had an old dusty smell, but none of the charm and character you'd expect. The furnishings were a mishmash of random pieces - certainly no antiques or reproductions, nor chosen with any thought to a color scheme or the 1800's time period of the building. The headboard was broken. We were 1 of 2 guests in that huge place.
1 night romance trip Nov 24, 2013
JB
"nice area"
Room was very simple but comfortable. It is located in a great area. We spent very little time in the room since the purpose of our visit was to attend a birthday party for a family member who resides close by.
1 night family trip Nov 3, 2013