All hotels in Kennebunk, Maine, United States of America

Dirty
    Room is not nice
    Uncomfortable
"Disappointing"
the accomodations are old, tired and unfriendly. very disappointing stay.We were there over a holiday and expected it to be quiet but not to the point of having no Inn emoployees available to answer questions. The desk had NO reception except for the day of check IN when a nice young lady showed us to our rooms but was difficult to understnad due to a heavy accent. After that we were on our own to wander around and fugure things out.........Hospitality was very much lacking!
2 night romance trip Dec 31, 2015
"Who could imagine such great weather in Dec.?"
Went during Christmas Prelude--very relaxing, weather ws excellent (60's during day 28-30 at nite during the first week of December!) Explored Oqunquit, went to Freeport and LL Beans, hit the Maine Diner). Very relaxing and enjoyable. Inn staff were great--tavern a must visit.
4 night romance trip Dec 3, 2015
Joanne
"Great find!"
Lovely Inn. A little noisy. Great restaurant and nice bar.
2 night family trip Nov 19, 2015
"Downtown Kennebunk"
All was satisfactory for our stay except this hotel does not offer breakfast but just 10% discount coupons for a local bakery or coffee shop. This may be a hotels.com issue rather than a hotel issue.
1 night family trip Nov 4, 2015
"From NJ to Maine"
It took forever to get the hot water in the shower, and the shower head was very poor. It was not comfortable to place toiletries in the bathroom, no shelf. No magnifying mirror. The ironing board had a cover but no padding and the iron did not work well, more like broken. We stayed two nights, on the second day we came back late and the bed had not been fixed and no clean towels, they apologized offered to make the bed at that time but I was too tiered and did not accept. They brought to our door clean towels.I was told it was an office staff error, not the cleaning staff. They gave me two $5 coupons that were expired. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. If you can not do stairs you should know there is no elevator. I would possibly like to stay in Kennebunkport next time, which is where we spend most of our time, much easier than having to drive from Kennebunk and pay for parking each time.
2 night trip with friends Sep 25, 2015
"Cute on the outside but interior needs an update"
The stairs are very difficult to use. They are very narrow. The bath and shower need to be updated. If you are older, you can not get in to the claw tub. The restaurant was closed at 9 pm on Saturday night and there was only coffee and juice available on Sunday morning and the juice pitcher was empty. The staff was not helpful. The place is cute outside and in a good location but I would not stay there again. We stayed in 6 other hotels/inns across the east and all were better than this one and priced better also. They need to update!
1 night family trip Sep 19, 2015
Janet
"Institutional rooms"
I would not recommend this inn to anyone. It seems clear the owners/managers are primarily focused on the restaurant and their food network profiles, rather than the inn itself. The common rooms have some character, but the rooms (we stayed in Adams) felt very institutional, small, dark and dingy. There was only one chair in our room, no pictures on the walls, flooring was in bad condition (repairs to hardwood not made professionally) and virtually no shelves in the bathroom (a plastic shower curtain- really? in a historic inn?). I would challenge the owners to stay in one of their rooms to "experience" their inn from the perspective of the customers. My main impression was that with even a small investment and some attention/care to the rooms this could be improved, but, this is apparently not the goal of the owners (to make the inn a nice experience and worth the cost). This is not a B&B, and even so - we were promised at least OJ and coffee in the morning which by 8:30am was gone. Also when we were there, someone had a valuable purse stolen from the room -. Front desk staffing was problematic - multi-tasking led to no-one being around most of the time.
Other trip Sep 21, 2015
"Do not book this inn!"
Not well maintained, extremely over priced old inn 10 miles from the action in Kennebunkport. We actually left and drove home early it was that disappointing.
Other trip Aug 29, 2015
"Do not stay here!"
Don't make the mistake we did by booking this inn and not the the inn we wanted in Kennebunkport! This is an old tired inn 10 miles from all the action and shopping of Kennebunkport. It is EXTREMELY over priced and unless you are absolutely desperate to be in the area, save your money and avoid this inn it at all cost. The lobby and room both feature the same smelly old green carpet. There was no help with bags for my 84 yr old mother and I and we feared if there was ever a fire we would not survive. We forfeited the outrageous price and drove home early.
Other trip Aug 27, 2015
"This inn is a mistake unless you are desperate!"
Arrived at this inn on Main Street in Kennebunk NOT Kennebunkport (our very unfortunate mistake). Be careful booking as there is a 10 mile difference between towns and a HUGE difference between Inns. This inn has not been well maintained nor updated. The lobby features a smelly old green carpet in the restaurant and a separate room where guest can have complimentary coffee or juice in the morning for the $270 + tax room. At check in, the staff person made a big deal about showing us to our room on the 2nd floor as my 83 yr old. Mother and I dragged our bags behind us. Half way up the old back staircase I stopped to help my mother and only then did the staff person say she could call for someone to help us. The room did have some updated furniture and bath but the same gross old green rug throughout. We we were so disappointed and feared if there was ever a fire we would never get out that we did not stay and drove home. We would not recommend this inn to anyone and feel it was grossly overpriced.
Other trip Aug 25, 2015
"Don't expect to sleep."
Window air conditioner was loud so I turned it off and opened the window and listened to the traffic on Main Street ALL NIGHT. Didn't sleep at all
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
susan
No wifi even though they said it worked it did not. No guest computer either. No service on the patio. Front desk lady with blond hair worked very hard and was doing every job. Everyone else, not so much!
2 night family trip Aug 6, 2015
Kathleen
"Older Hotel OVERPRICED.!"
Staff very helpful , older type hotel with lots of stairs and no elevators, (we had to carry 5 pieces of luggage up 2 flights of stairs), hardly any space in the room to store anything, things are very tight, small flat screen television could do with upgrading to something seeable. Bathroom even smaller with a tiny shower stall, difficult to turn round in and we are both MEDIUMS not XXL. no where to stand anything. This place has a nice restaurant but does not do BREAKFASTS, and DOES NOT OPEN SUNDAYS OR MONDAYS.?? which we thought was mighty peculiar as there was very little choice around about the place. THE COOKIE JAR WAS ALWAYS EMPTY.
Other trip Aug 9, 2015
Crofts
Food was fantastic. Hotel very old, but charming. Don't expect elevators. Some of the rooms small. All very helpful. Much more low key then Kennibunkport.
2 night romance trip Jul 28, 2015
"Bad with the good"
My wife and I had the hotels.com app opened to the Kennebunk inn as it showed they had 3 rooms left. We had additional questions, so we called them. They lied saying they didn't have any rooms. We booked thru hotels.com no problem. Turned out they wanted to impose a 2 night minimum stay. The mattress had a serious dip in the middle indicating it hadn't been flipped/rotated in forever. Being forced to spoon in 80 degree heat in the middle of July not my idea of a comfortable nights sleep. On to the bathroom..the tiles were a color that disguised dirt so the clean freak in me wet a tissue and and ran it over the floor in front of the toilet...needless to say we had all the towels spread on the floor. The one good thing they did accommodate us when we asked for a room in which the window opened..
1 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
Derek
"The worst place in Kennebunk"
I would never stay at this Inn again. It was horrid. The staff was rude and not impolite. Our room was on the 3rd floor with old rickety stairs with no elevator. The room was ugly, with cheap furnishings, a noisy air conditioner, a cramped dirty bathroom. Dirty room and bathroom !!! The parking was not secure and under a dirty tree, which ended up costing me an extra $30 to get my car cleaned after the tree dropped all of my car overnight. I was woken up at 6am by the noise of the hotel, totally ridiculous. On a scale of 1-10 I would rate this Inn as a "1" I would suggest that hotels.com remove this Inn from their list of places to stay, I would certainly never, ever stay there again !!!
1 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
"Nice, quiet Inn"
Nice Inn, we were only there for 1 night and didn't spend too much time in the room but it was fine. Nice staff, they have a restaurant in the hotel and centrally located to Kennebunk. We spent the evening a short drive away in Kennebunkport where there is much more to do. The only complaint about the room was the window-unti AC was loud and not terribly powerful so we were a bit warm in the room.
1 night romance trip Jul 11, 2015
"Pet friendly"
I chose the inn because it is pet friendly and it exceeded my expectations. The inn is in a great location, the staff was great and our room was comfortable. The decor shows a bit of wear, but it was much nicer than other places we have stayed with our small dog. We would definitely stay again. We paid a $15.00 charge to have the pet with us, which is within the range of what we have paid at other lodging during our travels.
Other trip Jul 2, 2015
"Boring Monday Night"
Nice place but the town closes early on Monday night. 10 pm last call at Sebago Brewery. Really?? Should have stayed in Kennebunkport instead
1 night romance trip Jun 29, 2015
"Historic Hotel large room- deep clawfoot tub"
Was very happy with every thing. historic hotel with wonderful deep claw-foot tub = luxurious bathing... famous chef in kitchen... been to many restaurants in and out of town. ate in 3 meals in two days on site food at all price points did not choose expensive items yet delighted with items will go back again.
Other trip May 24, 2015
JT
"Very happy"
Pleasant stay. A hotel that feels comfortable like a bed and breakfast. Directly on the main street. The bathtub in my room was a claw foot tub and if you were elderly or shorter, it would be a challenge getting in and out.
1 night business trip Apr 16, 2015
Simone
"Needed a pet friendly inn"
Very disappointed in our room and location. Not much to do in center of Kennebunk... but Kennebunkport just a 10 minutes ride away wit nice shops and eats. Our rom was et friendly, which I guess means 'run down' room. Floors were slanted, toilet not stable on the floor, old old plumbing. Room was small and I did not feel safe, as they leave the back door unlocked 24/7 and the only thing between us and a crime was an old fashioned door lock! Oh, and public skating rink with loud music 2 feet away!
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
Denise
""The Ice Man returns""
We arrived to check in prior to going back to spend the night but when we arrived back after 11:00 that evening the room felt uncomfortably cold ( the outside temperature was in the 20's). We try to turn on the radiator and after about a half hour Phil was finally able to turn the stuck knob. The heat never warmed the room until the next morning. I slept in flannel pj's, socks and a sweater---- not the romantic ambiance we had experienced staying there in the past. The "faux" down comforter was lacking any filling, so it was basically sleeping between three sheets!! There were no extra blankets in the room. Phil initially turn on the hot water in the tub to generate some heat. It took over 15 minutes for any hot water to be generated! When checking out the next morning, we related our frustration of the night before and the receptionist simply said "I'll tell them" ------ end of conversation.
1 night romance trip Dec 29, 2014
PhilipC
"VIntage Inn with convenient in town location"
A nice enough place. We had a "pet friendly" suite that consisted of 2 relatively cramped, typically Inn-noisy rooms with not a particularly comfortable place to sit in either -- which you might expect with a so-called suite. The 2 flat screen TVs the host bragged about seemed unnecessarily small, and not much larger than a computer monitor. The bar, restaurant and lobby had a nice, comfortably vintage feel to them. That was probably the best aspect of the Inn - at least given the room we had.
"Comfortable Historic Inn."
Nice historic pet friendly hotel. Good location to shopping and tourist attractions. Unfortunately the highly rated hotel restaurant was not open the time we were staying there. Our room was in the back of the hotel convenient to parking and we didnt need to enter/exit through the main lobby. Nice big comfortable bed, huge closet, fun bathtub. I would recommend staying at the inn.
2 night romance trip Oct 5, 2014
"Not what we expected"
When we booked our room, we were not told their restaurant is not open Sun & Mon. We were told days later there was plenty of restaurants close there isn't. Also told there were plenty of taxi's, there is but in other towns. So it cost $25 to get to Dock Square one way, not including tip. The Inn needs updates and pictures on the wall, there was none in our room. Maybe if the restaurant and bar was open, or it was summer it would have been better. Disappointed! Not terrible, but we will not be staying there again.
1 night romance trip Oct 12, 2014
stephen
"Fabulous spot!"
Such a quant little spot! Very peaceful! Very close to kennebunkport for beautiful scenary drive
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
barb
"Beautiful Inn built in 1799."
We had a wonderful time. The bar, restaurant and Inn were excellent. They were so good to us on a holiday weekend. It made for the perfect escape for the weekend.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
40yo couple
"Great restaurant; needed room change."
We had to change our room after the first night due to terribly loud noises from the street below and the creeky wood floors (every time someone took a step; opened a door I was awoken). The staff readily helped us with room change however, there was no assistance with baggage upon check in/out or room change. The restaurant was very good!
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
Rebecca
I booked the wrong hotel and regretted it,..paid way too much-- and my G friends Bday night out was a total disaster. Confused kinnebunk with kinnebunkport. First room (for 198$ mind you) had no windows and a smell that I can't wash off my suitcase. Second room (they called it a suite) had one window that wouldn't stay open,.I was going to stick something in the window but the vent from the fan from the kitchen would have been exhausting into my room. Guy at the bar was a nice guy,..apettizer we got was good. I would have driven home but it was pouring out. Bed and pillows made sleeping (alone) dreadful,.. OH YA the refrigerator mad more noise then a newborn baby. I tried to be nice and say I made a mistake,..oh we have a two week policy no refunds,.. THANKS EXPEDIA !! Never again unless you can make good here.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"Very OLD Hotel"
Hotel is Very old ,with your door closed people passing down hall can see into rooms .the walls are paper thin ,need I say more !
Other trip Sep 20, 2014
Dennis
"Small town charm"
I have read many negative reviews on this Inn. I found that it had a small town charm to it. An Inn that built in 1800s. Yes the wallpaper was outdated, the bathroom was small - but it was expected. Staff was friendly & I would definitely stay there again. Oh, no worries about the Inn being haunted, was not much activity while we were there.
Other trip Sep 12, 2014
Meg
"Not as website shows"
We like old. We like antiques. This was run down old. Would not recommend to a friend.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
"Kennebunkport"
I lovely place to stay with friendly staff. It's a lot cheaper than staying in kennebunkport itself and easy to get to.
2 night family trip Aug 19, 2014
The Rushes
"Worst hotel we have ever stayed in."
This hotel is just plain nasty. I paid $235.00 for the smallest, dirtiest room ever. One bed and one dresser and barely enough room to walk around the bed. Not even a chair to sit and put your shoes on. You had to watch the tiny TV while lying on the bed only. The bathroom was a joke. It was so tiny and so dirty, we wouldn't even shower there. Thank goodness we only stayed for one night. The sink was only about 12 inches wide. I didn't think anyone even made such small sinks. There was no place to rest your toothbrush or hair brush or to put any of your toiletries. The shower was so small and dirty. The doors were difficult to close, so as you tried to sleep, all you heard was slamming doors everywhere. The bathroom looks like it hasn't been painted since the Inn was built in the 1700's. The bathroom and bedroom had paint chipped everywhere. Since it was built so long ago, there was probably lead paint under all of those chips. I don't think this is a very healthy place to visit. On top of everything, it was dusty as hell. There was probably 1/2 inch of dust on top of the lampshades and along the woodwork in the bathroom. The a/c smelled badly and the filter was probably clogged. They did not even serve any breakfast at all. For that price, it was certainly a rip off. I told the young lady at the desk that she needed to be sure the owners were made aware of the condition of this Inn. Nasty, nasty, nasty!!!
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
Marie
"Horrible"
I was on the way to Boothbay Harbor and wanted to get an early start on my vacation so I decided to find another hotel in my way there. I orgininally wanted to stay in another Holet in Kennebonkport but when I called in the Hotels.com, the person who attended me suggested I changed the original hotel for this one. He said that it was a beeter hotel in the downtown area. He said very clean, convenience to get everywere, breakfast included, clean and better overall. It was a little more money so we didn't care about paying more money then. However, when we arrived, there was no one to attent to us and after we found someone they said the room wasn't ready as of 4:pm and check in was at 3:pm. so we waited, and waited, but all to find out that the room was old and dirty. It was an old house that needed to be remodel perhaps 20 years ago. The shower coutains were dirty and broken. the fauced in the bathroom were either hot or cold. No breakfast at all. People had an attitute. This was the first and last time that I book a hotel this way without cheking iot out. I don't mind pay more money for a better quality.
1 night trip Aug 24, 2014
M
"Charming Village Inn"
Very nice Inn with a superb restaurant. The room was charming and not a chain-type fell. They gave us a choice of rooms. The inn allowed us to bring outer Lab Retreiver as well.
1 night business trip Aug 27, 2014
"Next to noisy construction site"
This property is in serious need of a major overhaul. The bathroom was small and uncomfortable, small sink with no counter space not even a shelf. Toiletries had to go on the floor. The mirror was slanted so guests would have to bend down to look into it. The room was uninviting although the bed was comfortable. Steps were steep making it difficult to get luggage upstairs. No help offered by the one staff member. Coffee was not offered till 7:30. Overall, I would not recommend this property to anyone. I can't rate service because there was none.
2 night trip Aug 11, 2014
Martin Buchman
"An pleasant inn run by "foodies""
The Kennebunk Inn offers pleasant, but unsophisticated lodging, with a very nice restaurant in a quiet small town setting. It served the needs of my wife and me well as we traveled overnight to pick up our daughter who spent the summer as a camp counselor in Maine. The owners are a husband and wife team who met as students at the Culinary Institute of America. As might be expected the dining room is more impressive than the guest rooms. Our room was adequate but sparse with nowhere to sit other than the bed and not so much as a shelf to rest a toilet bag on in the bathroom. I ended up putting mine on the floor as I shaved and brushed my teeth. The Kennebunk is recommended for those who rather endure a few minor quirks than spend another night in a generic chain hotel room.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
"Old and Dirty"
I frequently like older hotels with charm, this had none. The town location is great. Be aware that if you are on the third floor you may be lugging suitcases up several flights of stairs. Porch was still littered with bar classes at 9 AM the next morning left from the night before,
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
great traveler
"Just Okay"
Came with very young kids - not the best inn for this situation. Though our room/suite was perfect for our group, we were on the third floor and since kids will be kids, you really can't stop them from crying, screaming and stomping after sleeping or being stuck in a car ride to come to Maine. Not even the best parents or babysitters can stop this. So aside from being sorry for the other guests, it was not restful at all. Maybe the idea of staying here would have been better for just a couple or a group of adult friends or families with older children. Other then that, the place was okay. I just do not understand why the front desk wasn't staffed and we were on our own from the time we arrived before 9PM and when we checked out at 7AM.
2 night family trip Jul 21, 2014
"Nice & Well Priced"
This was a nice hotel/inn . Rooms are a little dated but quaint and charming. Our room was #5 on the first floor at the back of the building. It is a nice room that accommodated us and our two kids with its 2nd room daybed. Very nice. However, the room as window ac units and everyone smokes behind the building and our window units seem to be sucking that air into the room. So our room smelled like smoke. It wasn't unbearable but if you don't like smoke this is not the room for you. Bring some bottled water as there is none in the room. Staff was wonderful and bed comfortable. Bathroom had all the amenities you need.
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
Kelly McCarthy
"Quaint and cozy stay!"
The staff was absolutely charming! Even though this Inn was built in 1799, it had all the updated amenities and I can't say enough about our wonderful and relaxing stay! We just loved it and will definitely be back again.
Other trip Aug 2, 2014
skeeter
"Not a good room."
The "family suite" had two bedrooms connected together with no door and no common area. You had to walk through someone else's bedroom to get to the bathroom. Bad shower, old tub with a shower head that could not be adjusted down, would spray directly at your face with water jetting out over the shower curtain onto the floor. It was a quaint Inn in a very nice town with old shops along the street, but the rooms need to be worked on.
Other trip Aug 1, 2014
jeff
"Make sure it is the Hotel you are looking for."
The hotel is older and not updated. There was peeling paint, water marks on the ceiling, Hot water took a while to get warm in the morning and there was construction going on literally 10 feet from my window. The check in lady was not very friendly. The hotel is very similar in name to the Hotel I actually researched and was trying to book. Kennebunk Inn vs. Kennebunkport Inn. Price was about the same and I was rushing to purchase the room and booked the wrong hotel. So be careful and make sure this is what you want.
2 night trip Jul 25, 2014
Freddy Perez
"Do not miss the restaurant !"
Hotel personnel were very welcoming , friendly. Hotel itself is a bit run down , rooms limited, and area low key.. . A first rate restaurant in the Inn was the absolute highlight of our stay
1 night trip Jul 26, 2014
Carney
"No Stars Needed"
we booked this room through expedia, who rated the hotel 3.5. This room was dirty, thread bare sheets, wallpaper peeling off the wall, moldy air conditioning. It was not 3.5 quality. I would not recommend this Inn. The manager called me back a week later and said they had better rooms and it was my fault for not asking for one. What was not to understand, we told them we were not happy with the quality of the Inn.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
Joan & Tom
"Newport"
Excellent service. Morning breakfast was good.
1 night trip with friends Jul 9, 2014
Great location! Very nice Restorante Academic !! We absolutely coming back!& lovely place and time!
2 night trip Jul 11, 2014
"Very Quaint Hotel"
Everything was delightful. Great location! The staff was very friendly right from check in to the restaurant/bar. only negative was the small bathroom as other reviews mentioned as well as the street side gets a little noisy. But overall it was great.
2 night trip Jul 1, 2014