All hotels in Kennebunk, Maine, United States of America
45 Main St, Kennebunk, ME, 04043, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Expecting hilton, this is not for you"
After reading the reviews and already having booked this place I was very nervous... What I care about is cleanliness and I saw no reviews that even mentioned anything negative about that. The negative reviews were about people's expectations of a high end hotel. This is an inn from the 1799 that was refurbished for hotel use. Floors creak, yes, small rooms, yes. Very clean and well kept, quaint. Either you love it or you hate it. We personally enjoyed it. From the reviews we learned to leave our luggage in the car and just brought in our amenities for a one night stay. There was no room for 2 bags of luggage, and yes the bathroom small, but clean.
Other trip Oct 15, 2013
kathy
"Totally Dissapointed"
I was shocked by the primite little room and horrible bathroom...The staff could not speak English and was very unhelpful...I was disappointed that Expedia recommended it...
Other trip Oct 6, 2013
L.J.
"Historic Hotel Downtown"
Comfortable,cool historic hotel in a great part of the county. Easy in and out.
Other trip Sep 29, 2013
"Mistake"
The bedroom itself was nice but the bathroom was horrible
Other trip Sep 29, 2013
Ray
"Average but nice"
/This property is located in a great location in the middle of Kennebunk. The building is over 200 years old with retro fitted plumbing, electricity, etc, It does have very steep and narrow stairs so be prepared and pack light for your stay. The check in clerk also is host to the on sight restaurant and was pleasant as were all the staff we encountered. The room was smaller than average but probably considered quite spacious when John Adams and Thomas Jefferson were president and the king bed took up much of the room space. Fixtures are older but typical for a restoration and the bed met our comfort expectation. The room was clean but not spotless. Our room was in the back of the building and very quiet. Overall the stay was pleasant enough. The room rate was higher than one would expect for the time of year and there are dozens of other lodging options available in the area. No breakfast was offered but coffee and juice were available in the lobby. There are an abundance of restaurants within close walking distance. If you want the ambiance of a 200 ;year old building this is a great option but be prepared for the trappings that go with it..
1 night family trip Sep 24, 2013
"Good place to stay in Kennybunk"
The Kennybunk Inn is a decent old hotel in "downtown" Kennybunk. There's a restaurant in the hotel as well as a great restaurant right across the street. Our room was spare, but clean and the bed was great. The hotel provides a discount coupon for breakfast at a cafe a few doors away.
1 night trip Aug 24, 2013
"warning not where you want to stay"
The room was the smallest hotel room I've ever stayed in. The bathroom was even smaller and wasn't well kept. The window ac unit was so loud we couldn't keep it on even though it was hot. I would never recommend this Inn and I would never stay there again. It was more like a boarding house than an Inn and it was way overpriced.
2 night trip Aug 29, 2013
"Romantic Getaway in Kennebunk, ME"
My girlfriend and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at The Kennebunk Inn last weekend. We loved how the Inn was located a few miles from Kennebunkport, yet was far enough where we enjoyed the quiet solitude of the sleepy Kennebunk. I would highly recommend this hotel. We didn't get to try the restaurant in the hotel, but I have heard that the food is delicious.
2 night romance trip Sep 1, 2013
"Quaint, small rooms, nice staff"
Nice inn but rooms and bathrooms are quite small. Also noisy - hallway noise travels into room. Staff very helpful and friendly.
2 night family trip Aug 31, 2013
"Loved it"
Well worth the time to check it out. T'was our 47th Anniversary and they treated us like Royalty. Friendly, personable and professionable. Did not get a chance (2 Days) to try the restaurant, but it looked Beautiful. Cookies are a nice touch. Newspaper was always available.
2 night romance trip Aug 27, 2013
"Great, historic building with lots of charm"
Great amenities for such an old building, everything felt very comfortable. The charm of the creaky wood floors in the hallway were never a bother once inside the room. Never hear a peep from outside our room. The only downside was the restaurant was closed the 2 days we were there (Sunday & Monday).
Other trip Aug 25, 2013
"Happy Guest!"
Cute little place with lots of charm! Classic colonial character and perfect for a weekend trip with friends...
1 night trip with friends Aug 18, 2013
"Don't Go on Mondays..."
We spent one night at the hotel recently and it happen to fall on a Monday. The restaurant was closed and you would think the entire building was as well. The front desk area was empty at check in and my keys were on the desk. We had an eerie feeling walking up to our third floor room because there was nobody there. The room itself was small but clean. The TV had a limited channel selection but we were largely tired from the events of the day. Ice is apparently available in the restaurant which again was closed. The next morning we checked out and we shooed away by the desk clerk who was talking on the phone. The inn apparently has free wifi but no password was provided. Apparently we should have also received beach passes but did not get them. Overall, this Monday night stay wasn't good but it wasn't bad either. The Kennebunk Inn is a clean hotel I just wish I had been able to partake in more of the amenities.
1 night romance trip Aug 19, 2013
"Grand Old Inn - Emphasis on the Middle Word"
This is an old hotel with the aches and pains that come with it. Our room was "awkward" with a television from the 1980's and a floor portable air conditioning unit that was not working when we arrived (but was quickly remedied). All disappointments arise from expectations and we were not expecting the Ritz so we were cool with it. The restaurant is fabulous and the Lobster Pot Pie delightful.
1 night trip Aug 6, 2013
"An OK place to stay - that's it"
My first reaction was unpleasant when I saw the room - kind of dingy and threadbare. However by the next morning I adjusted by telling myself - well at least it's authentic....reminds me of an old beach style cottage maybe from the 40's 50's with basic amenities, and decent lodging. To be fair - I think our room may not be as nice as some others I glimpsed. We had the Jefferson Room - which by the way did NOT have access to a patio as stated in the ad on Expedia's webpage. However the king bed was very, very comfortable. The room had dingy old green carpet - super outdated. Other rooms had wood floors that looked to be newly refinished. Perhaps the owners are still in the process of reviving the place, room by room. We stayed 2 days - and really it was fine - just nothing special. Also - the 2 days we were there, happened to be the 2 days the restaurant was closed, so we didn't get a chance to try it. But looking in at the restaurant and the menu - it looked appealing. However nearby in Kennebunkport we had the best seafood ever! And that coming from a seafood snob from Maryland!
Other trip Aug 19, 2013
"room is so small"
The room is too small that I could not find place to put my toothpaste. No place to put my computer and no chair in the room. Will never stay in that hotel again.
Other trip Aug 17, 2013
The bed was the most uncomfortable bed I think I 've ever slept on- Thankfully we were only booked for 4 days or it might have wrecked our backs permanently...the shower was very small...
4 night family trip Aug 4, 2013
I was in the area on business. Kennebunk Inn was a convenient location and a very nice place to stay. I am not a big fan of old hotels, but I have no complaints.
2 night trip Aug 6, 2013
"Old and unique"
The people that own the Inn and the employees were very pleasant. Nice experience all around from check-in to check out. Only negative is the very steep stairs in which you must use to get to your room. Being older this was very difficult for us to carry our luggage up 3 floors. Would have been nice to have had someone available to help us.
2 night trip Jul 31, 2013
Elizabeth A
Hotel was quant, comfortable and in a great location; the center of Kennebunk. Very late arrival front desk left key for check in. Response to rating of "Quality of hotel services" - I became aware that there was going to be a late arrival I e-mailed the hotel from out of the country two days prior requesting a confirmation that they received my e-mail and procedures for the late check in, the hotel never responded. Arrived in Logan - Boston, MA driving to hotel @ 1:00 am unaware if I would have access to hotel.
2 night family trip Jul 31, 2013
"Not good"
Room tiny. Bathroom sink 6x8 inches! No place to put toiletries. Bed uncomfortable. TV reception unacceptable. Toilet flush has no power. Took three and sometime four flushes to get the job done.
Other trip Aug 4, 2013
tB
Room was extremely clean, staff was friendly. I would highly recommend this Inn to all my family and friends.
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
"Great place to stay!"
I definitely recommend staying here. The host accommodated my parents and I when it was past 9pm (closing time) and she went out of her way to assist us. The rooms were great, the temperature was fine for the hot summer days we were there and the rooms/beds were very clean. I definitely recommend staying here because the old charm of this place and the hospitality.
Other trip Jul 26, 2013
"Nice Hotel Pet friendly room excellent"
everyone friendly and room clean and bright near the heart of town and walking distance to a lot of main st shops
Other trip Jul 25, 2013
Ron
"The Kennebunk Inn stay"
It was a nice stay. There are, however, nicer places with comparable prices closer to the beach. It was nonetheless a good experience.
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
"old fashioned but not portrayed in ads that way..."
Wifi was intermittant. Not near the beach. Restaurant and bar are good.
Other trip Jul 19, 2013
Eileen
"Quaint historic hotel"
Very clean hotel, very nice staff, bathrooms need major updating. Hotel is located in the middle of the town of kennebunk, lots of parking. Good food at the restaurant.
Other trip Jul 18, 2013
"Kennebunk Inn"
It's an old, historic inn, which has both positives and negatives. The negatives: The floors creak anytime anyone walks by. If you don't have your AC on full blast, you constantly hear noises outside your room. Watch where you place things; don't place valuables on the night table; the floors are uneven so anything will slide off it onto the floor, and perhaps, get lost in between the floor boards. Unless you have a family suite or a special room, the regular rooms are extremely small and sparse. Lighting is an issue. The TV remote didn't work well. Positives: The Inn has a lot of character. The owners are terrific and the staff is friendly and helpful. You can get beach passes for free (with a deposit). It's in a great location. They have an agreement with a wonderful deli two doors down, and you get a discount.
1 night family trip Jul 5, 2013
Anne
"Wonderful!"
My husband and I stayed at the Inn for three nights during the July 4 holiday weekend. The Inn is centrally located in the heart of downtown Kennebunk where there are delightful shops, restaurants and historical sites. On Saturdays, there is a farmers market right next door with locally grown produce. The Inn gave us a beach pass to use at the local beaches. We went to Mother's Beach and Parsons Beach. Parsons Beach was by far the nicer beach and it is right in the middle of the Rachel Carson estuary. Our room was clean and cozy with a very comfortable king size bed. Amenities included a fantastic covered porch complete with wonderful rocking chairs and a large patio in the back of the Inn where you can sit at tables with umbrellas and sip your morning coffee or afternoon glass of wine from the dining room bar. The dining experience at the Inn is NOT to be missed. They served a special on the Saturday: New England clam chowder. I ordered it at lunch and then again at dinner. The chowder was one of the best things I ever ate. The Lobster pot pie is not to be missed either. The Inn owners are CIA (Culinary Institute of America) grads and one can not go wrong dining at the Inn. Management and staff are friendly, pleasant, helpful, and competent. We enjoyed our stay tremendously.
3 night romance trip Jul 4, 2013
Sarah A.
"Kennebunk Inn"
The Inn was friendly and in a good location for nearby shopping.
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
Janna
A nice quaint inn. Quiet. Away from the tourist area. But on a busy street, even at 6 in the morning. The room was on the smallish side. Their restaurant was great!
2 night trip Jul 3, 2013
"Hotel room very clean"
We were on third floor. Room was very hot. Otherwise no complaints
Other trip Jul 6, 2013
"Nice location with a shuttle bus close to hotel"
Old building but pretty well kept. 3 levels of rooms. We had the lowest and it was a bit small, but we enjoyed the stay. Great restaurant. very nice people. No elevator, so steps might be a problem for some.
4 night trip Jun 27, 2013
fred
"Nice hotel at the center of a charming Maine town"
Had a pleasant one night stay. Hotel more like a B & B atmosphere. Quiet town with nice amenities.
Other trip Jun 26, 2013
"Diesel truck wake up"
This hotel is quaint, has great service staff and is antique. The down side is that all the trucks passing through Kennebunk go right by this property. OMG! I hardly got any sleep after 5am due to truck noise even while wearing heavy duty ear plugs.
2 night business trip Jun 17, 2013
Brad
"charming place"
It was charming. The hostess and breakfast were great! The setting on the water was very relaxing.
2 night romance trip Jun 12, 2013
"fine"
This place puts much more effort and attention on the restaurant than the inn. TV and style is out of date & we would have liked a bathtub. Hot tea, juice, and coffee in the morning was very nice. The town is adorable- sweet little Farmer's Market right next to the Inn on Saturdays.
3 night romance trip May 24, 2013
"A wonderful location close to where you want to be"
The Inn was clean and comfortable. We checked in on New Year's Eve and Kennebunk was busy! We were 10 minutes from Kennebunkport where we were having dinner. Room was small but sufficient, bathroom small...but shower was good. The next room's bathroom was a bit close and wall maybe a bit thin :-) ...Yes, I would stay there again!
1 night trip Dec 31, 2012
"disappointed"
We were extremely disappointed with the Kennebunk Inn. The room was so small it was difficult for 2 people to move around. There was a queen mattress on a king frame, which made getting in and out of bed on one side rather awkward. The bathtub was a quaint claw foot tub, very high sides and hard to get in and out. The shower was added later and you are totally surrounded by a heavy shower curtain. We are petite ladies, If you consider yourself larger than average, the bathing experience will be frustrating. Our room was on the second floor over the restaurant/bar and it was extremely noisy. The stairs to the second and third floor were directly in from of our room and were quite noisy; as well as squeaky floors above. We have stayed in hostels on the east and west coasts that were much more commodious at a much more reasonable rate. For you coffee addicts, you can buy it down the street at 6AM weekdays and 7AM weekends or wait till the hotel brings coffee at 7:30!! We would recommend the restaurant...the food was delightful!
3 night trip Dec 6, 2012
sisters
"Clean Quirky inn"
It is an old house and its very quirky. Floors aren't level and creak, bathrooms are sometimes old fixtures, etc. The doors and as a result, patrons, can be loud. It is however one of the cleanest hotels I've ever stayed in and the staff is very friendly. I sleep there with ear plugs and its very comfortable. They are currently updating the heating as well.
Other trip Dec 3, 2012
"Exceed our expectations!"
I booked a room at this inn with a little reluctance because the ratings and reviews are very polarizing. Upon arrival, we were immediately put at ease. The hotel was extremely easy to find on a main street and there was ample parking. We were able to check in immediately and were given recommendations on where to eat. Our room was not considered "modern" because of the period charm wall paper, but was very clean and spacious. This did not at all make us unhappy (as some of the other reviewers were) because the quality of the building and room had the characteristic New England B&B style we have come to enjoy for the charm and history. The in-house restaurant was accomodating (brought us wine to sip while we briefly waited in the hotel lobby) and the food was excellent. The only negative of our particular room was it was next to the stairs on the 3rd floor so we heard a lot of stair traffic throughout the night. Overall, we were very pleased considering all the negative reviews and would definitely stay here again!
1 night romance trip Oct 6, 2012
J. Smith
"Poor quality room for rate charged."
Staff were very helpful and food excellent but hotel Is "beyond tired"! If the attention to detail addressed to the food and staff striving to provide a good service was applied throughout the hotel - then it would be well worth the rates charged. Unfortunately, this is not the case.
Other trip Oct 5, 2012
Andy
"Quiet New England getaway"
Relaxing atmosphere , great town near everything, nice staff,good restaurant at the inn and in the area.
Romance trip Sep 29, 2012
"close to beach"
Old Inn that is well maintained with excellent food and beverage service. The Inn is located in the old downtown area with interesting shops. The staff is very friendly and very knowledgable about the sites.
Family trip Sep 5, 2012
"Stay Elsewhere"
Rooms are tiny, but we expected that. What we didn't expect was that the bathroomshaven't been revoated in decades. Claw foot tubs surrounded by a not so clean shower curtain, old porcelain wall hung sinks with separate hot and cold water spouts and absolutely no place to spread personal hygience / make up products. Noisy window mounted air condtioner that barely kept the room comfortable, plus when I looked at the vents saw some nice green mold. For the cost we would have thought that there would have been at least a continental breakfeast- instead, just coffee and juice, despite the fact that the Inn's restaurant is right there. Would never recommend this place to anyone
Other trip Aug 22, 2012
BT
"Much Potential"
The room we stayed in was at the top of stairs adjacent to an entry onto a patio dining area. The door constantly was slamming as wait staff served guests on the patio. We were hoping to get some rest.. The room was on the small side and the bathroom was tiny and very dated. the room could have had a better feel with walpaper and some mainenance treatments. The bed, however, was comfortable and it appears that much of the rest of the hotel has been updated. The staff was very friendly. The two things that would bring us back is that the Hotel is located close to Kennebunkport and the rate is half the cost of the more expensive hotels in Kennebunkport.
Other trip Aug 21, 2012
"Small but comfortable"
The rooms are very small. The first part of our trip we stayed in a small room, this room, was even smaller, so don't expect too much space. I think for the money it was a little tiny. The bathroom, since it was added was a bit small and awkward. East access to the rooms though, and everything was clean. We thought about enjoying the restaurant, especially after hearing about the lobster pot pie, but after looking at the menu, was very dissapointed. Nothing really stood out and the pot pie was on the appetizer menu and cost way way more than it should. Overall, it was nice to be away from the beach crowd, but I don't think I would want to pay those rates again for such a small space when down the street was what looked like a cottage type room for less.
Family trip Aug 20, 2012
Okay
Family trip Aug 16, 2012
"Kennebunk a beautiful spot in Maine"
Arriving on Sunday we found the main feature of the Inn the restaurant closed. In the AM they only served coffee. Not very accommodating for an INN.qq
Other trip Aug 15, 2012