All hotels in San Luis Obispo, California, United States of America
100 Madonna Road, San Luis Obispo, CA, 93405, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Put this place on your Bucket List"
A great experience. When we requested an extra blanket, we got 5 wrapped in plastic. Clean, for sure! and extra pillows. The copper cafe has giant portions and the service is prompt and friendly, the food was luke warm. 2 visits there on our stay. Not sure if it's not hot going to the table or what. My only complaint. What a joyfull place.
1 night family trip Feb 28, 2015
"Something different =)"
I have passed by this hotel once and thought it would be nice to stay here on one of my trips... I googled it and thought it had an interesting setting, it is definitely different from the usual business type hotels. There are so many things for everyone to do - go for hike, horse back ride, dancing, swimming...
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
Sandra
"Different"
very nice
1 night romance trip Feb 16, 2015
michelle
"Interesting and great hotel"
Madonna Inn is a great and interesting hotel the one who wants special experience for a stay.
1 night trip with friends Feb 27, 2015
"Not really a memorable experience."
This place did not live up to its hype. We were not given a choice of theme and were assigned the 50s room which was so so. The wall between the adjacent room was paper thin and we could hear the rowdy bunch carry on their party in the wee hours of the morning. We're not sorry we went but probably won't do it again.
1 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
"Unique"
We loved it they had the best champagne cake!
2 night family trip Feb 20, 2015
Hovig
"Way overpriced. You are paying for the name only."
Pretty old facility. Big hype about the rooms, we stayed in the Italy room and all it was was flowery red wallpaper. I def didn't see the reason for the price. Maybe we stayed in the wrong room. Bathroom was really nice.
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
twin grandma
"Good for a weekend away."
Stayed in the Flower Fantasy room. I do think it's in need of updating, as it has a very musty smell, possibly from old carpeting. Also the bathroom sink with no shelf space is really hard to work with. While we only ate at the restaurant for breakfast, the decor is amazing. Use the pool and hot tubs, cause they're charging a resort fee each night either way. I had a good time experiencing the character of it. Everyone there was very nice, and I'll probably be back for dinner next time I'm in town.
2 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
"Quirky getaway"
Really enjoyed the Madonna Inn, but it takes a special appetite to enjoy this place. You gotta love the weird and quirky. Our room was bright green with a carousel horse as a chandelier. The hotel can look kind of timewarpy/ rundown, especially the restaurants, but if you're into that, then you'll enjoy it! The pool/spa area was great with two jacuzzis and the pool was kept warm at night. We also got cookies when we checked in, but it was Valentine's Day...Also, conveniently off the freeway, a quick drive to downtown SLO/ winetasting.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
Brittany
"Party House"
I wish I could say something nice. Three different rooms were throwing parties while the guests would stay up until 330 AM talking very loud , smoking and drinking on the balcony in front of my room. I got four hours of sleep.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
"Fun and interesting place!"
This place is truly a must-see! Definitely not high on my list in terms of comfort or service, but I would stay there again just because it was such a unique experience. Difficult to put into words. Just do it!
1 night romance trip Jan 4, 2015
Dehron
"A Truly Legendary Resort..."
Amazing attention to detail. There was just no issue with anything at this hotel. They have customer service down to a science. You have to try this hotel if you're in the area.
1 night romance trip Jan 10, 2015
Donald
"Do it!"
Rooms are fun, different and clean. Staff we all very friendly.
1 night romance trip Jan 3, 2015
Roger
"Interesting place"
Interesting place. Massage and pool were great. Food was very mediocre. Rooms were fun but moldy. Heated toilet a plus. Nice setting.
1 night family trip Dec 29, 2014
Lauren
Had a great time with 5 and 8 year old boys. We are pleased about the cute room. Very nice restaurants are built in and we also enjoyed nice mountain view from hiking paths. My husband, the boys and I could stay in one room for a reasonable price. The 5 year old was sick and threw up in the cafe, but no one treated us miserably. We will definately go there again and try the beautiful swimming pool next time!
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
AM
"Fun, charming, unique hotel"
Very fun, cute, charming place. Don't expect the four seasons, this is not a very fancy or upscale hotel, but it is very fun with over-the-top decor and unique, charming themed rooms. The surrounding area is beautiful and great for hiking and exploring. Very fun vacation spot if you are not taking yourself too seriously.
1 night romance trip Dec 25, 2014
Neil
"Tacky and Charming- the Madonna Inn."
The hotel well compliments the SLO area for its unique lodging and dining experience. Though my breakfast experience was a bit disheartening- the forty minute wait attached with no included breakfast offerings from the hotel did not please me. Instead, I meandered out of my Vintage patio room to their dining facilities bustling to the greater public, as great to even include lovely tour bus goers. Fortunately, I was able to enjoy my most favorite "Corn beef and Hash" at the adjacent cafe/bar but to a less cleanly and fantastic ambiance of the main restaurant..
Other trip Dec 24, 2014
Nick
"Great place, bad mattress"
Hotel was great. Fun location and enjoyed the themed rooms. My boys loved it. Only thing keeping it from a perfect score is the mattress wasn't conforrable.
2 night family trip Dec 19, 2014
Brett
"In the rock lucky room"
Cool place so hokee it is cool Wish we cod of had more choice of different kind of theme room
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
laurence
"Mt Vernon Room"
I surprised my boyfriend with a stay at Madonna Inn! We went for a late bite of cake and when I returned from the "restroom," I had our room keys. He was very excited simply based off the appearance of the restaurant. The room was spacious and very clean. Not as quirky as some other rooms, but I still enjoyed my stay. We will be back.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
Erin
"Fabulous Fifties"
It is one of those places you always dream about staying but can't find the right time. This was it! The Fabulous Fifties room was fun, the spa was great and the restaurant food was delicious. Staff was wonderful and amenities were great.
1 night family trip Dec 18, 2014
Lindsay
"OK, could be much better"
- No internet/WiFi service; guest services said something about the server being reset, the technician not answering their request, etc. Nonsense, they should fire the technician and replace their service provider with a reliable one. - Neighborhood - too close to the highway, lots of noise. - Room comfort and cleanness: was clean, but carpet was quite old warn, smelled, and didn't give a clean feeling.
1 night romance trip Dec 18, 2014
Arie
"a night stay"
we didn't really get to have the experience but it was a beautiful place to stay and we most definitely come back and stay for a weekend
1 night family trip Dec 12, 2014
Boualay
"What a strange and glorious place this is."
We've both heard of it and passed it on the way up and down the coast. Now, in middle age, we finally got to stay here. Everything that you have heard about the place is true: Each room is unique and the main lodge is overdecorated in the extreme. Still, this spot is a work of love, one man's vision, utterly uncorporate. I'm so glad that it persists, and in such fine condition. I absolutely recommend that you and your honey (and family!) spend at least one night here. It's worth the experience!
1 night romance trip Nov 30, 2014
Irene
"thanksgiving @ the Madonna Inn"
We had a great thanksgiving dinner my daughter and I truly enjoyed our stay and will come back again this summer and bring more family members with up
1 night family trip Nov 27, 2014
"Great deal and fun energy!"
The only downside to this hotel was the mattress in our room. It was a bit droopy in the middle. Other than that, the hotel was great! The bar was hopping and had a great energy. The pool and fitness center were up to date and well maintained. Love this hotel and the uniqueness and energy it offers!
1 night romance trip Nov 29, 2014
"Gaudy in a great way"
We had a fun time. Love the theme room aspect.
1 night romance trip Nov 22, 2014
JOSEPH
"Inconvenient room"
My wife and I stayed in Room 177. First the negatives on the room: (1) There was no "chest of drawers" to enable us to unpack our suitcases and store our clothes, so we lived out of our suitcases for two days (2) No reading lamps on bedside tables (only a floor lamp on the far wall), (3) room lighting consisted mostly of a dozen harsh ceiling "can" lights, (4) The bathroom was very tight and the door from the bedroom would bump into the individual using the second basin. On the positive side, the bedroom had a very nice rock wall on one side, and the room was very clean.
2 night romance trip Nov 26, 2014
"Highway Noise"
Room too close to the freeway, very noisy throughout the night. Only way to change rooms was additional charge. Parking lot dark and on a steep slope but was the only way to get to restaurant. Very difficult for my elderly mother to walk. Kudos to waitress who called us a golf cart to return us to room. Daughter loved the pool and the robes were very nice.
2 night family trip Nov 23, 2014
"The world-famous must-visit Madonna Inn"
I've been waiting years to check out the over-designed kitsch of the Madonna Inn and it delighted at every turn! The surprising thing is that it doesn't feel at all tacky - because it's all very well done to a high standard, it's immaculately maintained and the staff are fantastic. A MUST STAY if you are visiting the region. We stayed in the 'Time of Your Life' room, with a purple stone wall, brown shag carpet and masquerade masks - it was fabulous!
1 night trip with friends Nov 14, 2014
"Returning satisfied customer"
Weather was the only weak point being overcast and a bit cool. The Hotel was once again wonderful.
2 night romance trip Nov 9, 2014
Charles S.
"Pricey but a fun treat"
Had a great time, have often driven by but never stayed overnight. Room was funky and fun, bath had been updated beautifully. Nice windows that open easily. Easily accessible parking. The pool and spa were a highlight, lovely infinity pool set into the hillside with waterfalls and gazebo, two hot tubs. Many activities available...horseback riding and tennis, music in the restaurant, lovely gardens. Quiet and restful, and, the best hotel robes I've ever found. A soft, open weave that was not too hot or bulky. I wanted to buy one. They greet you with freshly baked cookies at check in. Don't miss the bakery.
1 night family trip Nov 8, 2014
Wonderfully unique!!! We stayed in the Portugal room and loved the spaciousness of the room. The food in the restaurant was very good and service was great!
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
Pamela
"Worth seeing once"
This is an odd place; a kind of gussied-up stagecoach-stop. The rooms were comfortable, the food was good. The famous bathrooms were interesting but probably a bigger deal in my mother's day. It was definitely worth visiting, but I'd probably go somewhere more conventional the next time.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
JR
"Interesting rooms"
Very loud party hotel on the weekend. Wound not stay again
Other trip Oct 26, 2014
steve
"Love the pool"
Room located on 3rd floor. Bit of a hike. Bathroom was beautiful. Toto toilet. Coffee maker didn't work. Was replaced. Coffee maker #2 didn't work. 3rd time they brought a new coffee maker. Ice machine ran out of ice. Staff was very nice. New pool and waterfall in pretty setting. Pool kept warm. Great on a cold morning.
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
Joan
We where very happy with madana inn, it was original.
1 night business trip Oct 4, 2014
Angelia
"What a Great Place to Stay"
If you're looking for the usual place to stay, don't stay here! If you're looking for something different that's fun, clean, inviting, and in a beautiful location, check yourself into this off-the-beaten-path complex! Everything is really the best here and so much to do! Very pleased with our stay!
Other trip Oct 9, 2014
"Great trip"
Surprised husband with a night here. Awesomene pool. Great food. Cool rooms. I was worried it was going to be old and dirty. Not at all. I'm super OCD! Most hotels gross me out. Not this one
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
chris
"the cake was actually delicious"
We stayed for a bachelorette party. It was fun. The restaurants are amazing but overpriced. I'm glad I saw it but don't think I need to go again. The room was clean, the cake was actually delicious, the downtown is a total college town, ugh. The pool is amazing.
2 night trip with friends Oct 3, 2014
Check in was smooth. Room was spacious and clean, other than a dead cricket on the bed. Quiet setting overall. Pool area looked nice. Fitness center was nothing fancy, but had good basic equipment that worked.
Other trip Oct 2, 2014
"A one of a kind!! Must see!"
Great hotel and convenient location. Loved the decor and the beautiful grounds! Have wanted to stay here for years, and finally fulfilled that wish! Would love to return!
1 night trip Sep 26, 2014
Judy
"CALL before you go to ensure room type or else!"
Booked a "multiple bed" room and i got a room with one bed and they wouldn't bring a bed in because of fire hazard even though the room was huge. shower smelled of cat urine and was moldy/slimy. They didn't care to help me and said because i booked through hotels.com just because it says 2 beds doesn't mean that's what we'll get. i had to sleep on the floor. Miserable experience.
3 night trip with friends Sep 26, 2014
Gregory
"great stay"
It's was a enjoyable stay for the whole family. We loved the view from the infinity pool. Couldn't get enough of it. Our son loved the horse back riding in the morning. He met a new friend Poncho.
1 night family trip Sep 23, 2014
pamela
"Great Hotel!"
The Madonna Inn was BEAUTIFUL! Just as beautiful as its surroundings!
1 night trip Sep 27, 2014
"Staff here are super nice!"
The staff there are super nice. Special thanks to Terry (hope i remember his name correctly) @ check in office, he suggests me to stop by Lopez park for jet ski. It was very pretty there, especially the drive way towards the lake!!!! A big surprise out of my plan:)))
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
Grace
"Captains bridge room a little dark"
We enjoyed our stay at the Madonna Inn for the quirkiness. We were disappointed in not being able to choose our room since we booked with a third party (Expedia). I don't think that is right since we were paying customers. The room we had was very dark and even with all the lights on we could hardly see our clothes in the suitcases. There was a unpleasant odor that I think came from the carpet because the room seemed clean enough. The shower and bathroom were very nice with great water pressure.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
"Very comfortable room"
Clean, comfortable, and very friendly hotel staff.
1 night trip Sep 19, 2014
Our room was beautifully decorated, comfortable and very, very clean. We'll be back!
2 night trip Sep 14, 2014