All hotels in San Luis Obispo, California, United States of America

Awesome vibe
  • Value for money
    Poor value for money
    Bad internet service
I have always wanted to stay at The Madonna Inn and finally got a chance with my daughter. The experience meet all my expectations. We loved every minute of our stay. I would definitely come back.
1 night family trip Aug 3, 2015
Alicia
Madonna Inn Ed great! The only negative thing is that the toilet ran and the room had a musty smell
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
"Overpriced kitsh"
The Madonna Inn is unique. And overpriced.
3 night family trip Jul 26, 2015
"Go back in time and have fun!"
The Madonna Inn is simply a FUN and UNIQUE hotel, that anyone who enjoys travel should experience at least once!
1 night family trip Jul 29, 2015
Connie
"Lots of history"
Awesome historical place to shay would love to go back again
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
fun grandma
"Honeymooners destination"
Five stars, no. But really this IS the Madonna Inn. An eclectic icon known for it's unique themed rooms. Room comfort I rated 3 because the bed was worn out. The mattress had a major sag in the middle and caused major discomfort to my back. On the plus side the rooms were spacious! The restaurants at the inn were a positive experience though. Would I stay there again. Only if my wife insisted
1 night romance trip Jul 20, 2015
"Love, love, love!"
Is there anything bad about this place? NO WAY! Our stay was awesome from checkin to check out. I had my issues that it was on the 101, but you can't hear any traffic. This place is an oasis. The decorations in the main house were astounding.
2 night romance trip Jul 14, 2015
Edward
"A crazy, fun hotel"
As a one off experience it was brilliant, lived up to my expectations!
1 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
"Madonna in, worth a stay!"
Brilliant
1 night romance trip Jul 13, 2015
Barry
"A must on your way to anywhere"
We loved our time at this hotel. Each room has a different theme which makes the experience so much fun! When you go into the gift shop check out both the girls and the boys restroom they are both very decorated. The pool is fabulous with a waterfall behind it and two spas. My boyfriend and I will defiantly stay here again. The other thing I would say is that we had breakfast at the restaurant and it wasn't very good.
Other trip Jul 19, 2015
This hotel is all about experience. I was disappointed at first that I couldn't pick my room going through hotel.com but I happened to get the room I wanted. Fun experience getting to wear the pink robes!!
1 night romance trip Jul 9, 2015
Nicole
"Had Wanted to Stay Here for More than 30 Years"
Had always wanted to stay here since I was a young girl. The rooms, pool, pool bar, and restaurants did not disappoint in their kitsch factor. Loved hearing the frogs at night. Nicely landscaped grounds and views. Cafe service was terribly iffy with fairly high prices. Our room was clean with the exception of a yucky band aid someone had left stuck to the room binder and that housekeeping clearly missed. Lots of family fun in the warm pool but also a nice secluded hot tub. No room service but easy to pick up food from cafe. Would definitely stay here again.
1 night family trip Jul 9, 2015
Yara
A hotel we were told was a "must" on our US-tour, but nevertheless disappoinnting
Other trip Jul 8, 2015
Per
"New adventure"
Good
1 night romance trip Jun 28, 2015
joann
"Disappointing for an upscale hotel."
Shower handle fell off at first use. Although pool hours indicated the pool closed at 11:00 pm, when we went at 8:45 pm, there were no towels and no hotel staff in sight! Noisy neighbors at 3:00 am was the "icing on the cake!"
Other trip Jul 1, 2015
"Quirky and fun! Needs a few updates."
The Safari room where we stayed in needed some new fabrics on furniture. We loved the water fall shower. The Madonna offers a great experience and one that would be hard to find anywhere else.
Other trip Jun 30, 2015
sarah
"Amazing"
amazing place. Great food. Rooms are very interesting, but lack a bit on the comfort and amenities side
1 night family trip Jun 25, 2015
M. Sami
"Not impressed"
The room was small, poor lighting/dark, and it felt dingy and unclean. The insulation was poor and we could hear everything that was going on upstairs....loud stomping and other stuff. The air circulation was not the greatest. On a positive note, the pool was heated and very relaxing. The hot tub on the deck was nice but be warned the mineral water is stinky.
1 night family trip Jun 4, 2015
I love this place - it's like Disneyland for adults. So much fun - coming back soon, Madonna bby
Other trip Jun 24, 2015
Bronte
Outstanding service at the spa Best pool in the world
1 night business trip Jun 18, 2015
LETICIAR
"Original décor but..."
The décor in each room is unique and fun. However, our sink was cracked, the walls were very thin (can def'ly hear the fwy and the next room's air conditioner) and there must have been elephants staying in the room above or the ceilings are also very thin or both. But, the pool is very pleasant, the people were terrific and the surrounding area can't be beat.
Other trip Jun 20, 2015
"Nicer than I thought"
Pleasantly surprised how big the rooms were and how clean everything was.
Other trip Jun 20, 2015
"Everyone should experience the Madonna Inn"
Hotel fun, clean, big room , good bed, linens ... Room had private patio with outdoor fireplace. Staff was great and grounds beautiful. They charged is in unexpected "resort fee" of about $17/night. Was not happy about that. Otherwise great hotel.
2 night romance trip May 21, 2015
Anne
"Quirky and interesting as promised"
The hotel is definitely unique and as quirky as everyone says. We found the staff accommodating and the room clean and comfortable. I would return to stay again if only to check out a differently themed room though I wouldn't go out of my way to return. The steakhouse was booked when we tried to get a reservation so you may want to get a reservation early. We ate in their Cafe and found the food to be pretty good for a cafe even though we thought it was a little over priced. The grounds are very nice and there are interesting things to find everywhere outside and within the various buildings. We didn't have time to partake but they offer bike rentals and horse riding and several riding / biking / hiking trails within and around their property.
1 night romance trip May 9, 2015
michael
"Discovering SLO..."
Cal Poly campus tour
1 night business trip May 1, 2015
Julio
"Funky, Cute Hotel"
I stayed here with my mother and sister for mother's day weekend. It is such a cute and charming hotel. I would recommend it to everyone. The only things I wish were different was that we did not get to pick the room we stayed in. We were there on a Sunday and it was not crowded at all. I wish they let us pick from a couple rooms to see what else were our options. We had massages when we got in and it was not very remarkable. They do not have a sauna or steam room and when you ask if they have those amenities they will get you a back word answer. They say, "all our amenities are outside", which make it sound like they are located outside. Finally my sister had to ask can you please tell me yes or no if you have them and then finally the girl replied no. The spa is just okay, would not go back again. We all had decent massages but I will say mine was the best (I believe her name was zoey) This is a great hotel for a night two and will come again! (just not to the spa)
1 night family trip May 10, 2015
"Dreamy Honeymoon Destination"
My husband and I recently drove through California on our honeymoon and stayed at Madonna Inn for one night. I wish we had stayed longer. The Madonna Inn is not just a hotel, its an entire experience. The cafe, bar and restaurant have excellent food and drinks. Dinner at Gold Rush Steakhouse is a must. The heated pool and 2 hot tubs are very decadent and peaceful. Also nearby, wine tasting, horseback riding, breweries and gorgeous views. If you are going to Paso Robles/ San Luis Obispo, you cannot miss the Madonna Inn.
Other trip May 12, 2015
Ansley
"Great family get away!"
Our stay was excellent. Rooms were clean, check in was fast and easy; staff was cordial and helpful. From the moment we walked in my kids were enchanted by the dining room and had so much fun eating there. They even loved the bathrooms! It was like staying in a fantasyland. The room was perfect as was the pool. We all had a great time and have already been talking about when we come back next time what room we will request.
1 night family trip Apr 10, 2015
"very nice"
Loved the heated swimming pool at the top of the hill.
2 night family trip Apr 30, 2015
"Close to Disneyland"
Hotel price is good, and close enough to walk to/from Disneyland, which is the best feature.
1 night family trip Apr 30, 2015
Jody
"Adorable get away at the Madonna Inn"
This is a wonderful, whimsical, magical spot, a dream of 1950's elegance perfectly realized and preserved (with fantastic new beds, a great spa, and powerful cocktails). Come for the weekend, bring your fanciest dresses, bring your friends, and enjoy a trip back to a time that probably never was but is certainly fun to imagine!
1 night trip with friends May 1, 2015
"Had to say we've stayed there."
Everyone was quite friendly and helpful. We enjoyed our stay, but felt it was a little overpriced.
1 night romance trip Apr 20, 2015
Darrell
"Madonna Inn memorable!"
Loved the hotel...pool was fantastic! Was definitely an experience! Clean and eclectic! Grounds are beautiful!
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
"Loved it!"
It's truly an experience to be a guest at The Madonna Inn. It's something you have to do at least once. The rooms aren't as updated as your standard hotel but that is part of the charm. Every room is different and special. I have stayed here once before but my husband wasn't with me so when we had the need to stay in the area I HAD to rebook so he could experience the hotel. He loved it!
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
Mich
"You gotta LOVE kitch/campiness -- o/w not worth it"
I get it -- total kitch -- that's why we went. But that's no excuse for the rude receptionist, bait and switch on room (reserved Cave Room for my son, ended up in dank Safari Room.). Then a "resort fee" when you leave when you use NO amenities.
1 night family trip Apr 20, 2015
"Love it here!"
Pool is fantastic; warm with a great view. Try the Bloody Mary they make, you won't be disappointed!
1 night family trip Apr 22, 2015
"charming surprise"
Stopped for a quick overnight on a road trip. Stayed here after hearing about the infamous themed rooms. Upon arrival we found ourselves in the Bit of Solvang room. Hotel rooms are a little stuffy especially with the old decor and wooden furniture but the charm and location makes up for it. Rented bikes and went up to the mountains then down to a lake off Madonna Rd. The staff was incredibly nice and there's more we could have done. Definitely will come back.
1 night trip with friends Apr 21, 2015
Alexandra
"Highly Recommend"
Awesome and fun place to stay. Friendly staff. Very clean room and bath. Very quiet environment. Dinner at the Café was very good. A bit pricey, but still good. Cant wait to go back.
1 night romance trip Apr 19, 2015
ESTHER
"Awful beds"
Went to stay a night at the world famous nostalgic madonna inn... Hubby & I wanted to have a relaxing night away from the kids. Worst night ever spent in any hotel ever! The bed was worse even than being in Europe!!! The linens were itchy scratchy un breathable cheap linens & the bed literally felt like it was going to fall apart. I laid awake till 3 am contiplating to just go home! Little did I know... My poor husband felt the same as we tossed & turned... So much for that good nights sleep... We had had massages that day previous & both woke up with sore necks & backs & instead of hanging at the pool as planned we went home to go to bed at 7am... Such a bummer... Never again will we stay there...
1 night romance trip Apr 7, 2015
"Wedding Anniversary Getaway"
Everything was great and beautiful. You don't have to leave at all if you don't want to as there is plenty of entertainment and activities as well as a wide range of food choices at different price ranges. I only wish we had had more time to spend at the pool. We loved it so much that we are thinking of another stay for our birthdays in August and October.
2 night romance trip Apr 10, 2015
Roxana
"Madonna Inn is an experience unlike any chain hotel"
Knowing that the Madonna Inn is not a five-star hotel, I had a great stay and would definitely stay there again! It's quirky, different, and intriguing, and maybe not for everyone. If you're up for a different experience than the big chain hotels, then this is for you! Service was excellent, and as long as you do your homework, you won't be disappointed.
1 night trip with friends Apr 10, 2015
Laurence
"Visited family over Easter. Jockos is a great."
We love the Madonna Inn. We stayed in the Indian Room this time and I think it would have been better if there was more light in the bathroom. I had a hard time applying makeup. It was too dark. I would have liked a night stand light for reading. We thought the grounds were beautiful as usual. The new Spa and Pool area is a wonderful addition to the hotel.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"Get away adventure"
its a nice themed hotel, perfect for a get away... got the rock wall room...it was amazing...keep in mind, it is a bit on the small size and not much room in the bathroom for your stuff...but it still very worth it...
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"Cool looking hotel with easy highway access."
I had heard so much about this hotel and was super excited to check in. Sadly, we arrived promptly at 4 to check in and had to wait an hour to get into our room. We were given pool keys while we waited but I wasn't about to dig through our luggage to get to our suits. We were in the Independence Room. The room was very nice, the bed a comfortable treat. Our neighbors were crazy loud and slammed their doors more than necessary but nothing the staff can do about that. When we went to check out the men's room waterfall urinal the facility was being cleaned so no dice on seeing the amazing waterfall bathroom. It was a check in the box experience but I'd probably stay elsewhere next time I was in SLO.
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
"Fun Stop!"
Our stay was enjoyable. Fun themed room and entertaining things to do at the hotel.
1 night family trip Apr 2, 2015
Timothy
"I think not."
We went thinking it would be a fun blast-from-the-past get-away, but were pretty disappointed. The entire place is grungy and unclean, like it hasn't been cleaned in decades. The majority of visitors seem to be older adults trying to relive their glory days. For the size of the room, and the quality of the amenities, it felt insulting to be paying ~$300 for a mediocre, unclean room. On top of that, upon check-out we were charged a $15 'resort fee' that covers the 'free' wifi, pool that we didn't use, spa that we didn't use, and parking. Kind of a rip-off.
1 night romance trip Mar 28, 2015
Claire
"Unique and very fun"
Very fun, unique place to stay. Each room is made in a different over-the-top style and the nature around is beautiful. There is also a cool drive-in theatre 2 min away for a quick trip back into 50ies :)
1 night family trip Mar 27, 2015
Harel
"Not what we expected"
It was nice to stay at a place that we've been driving by for years, but the hotel is old and the walls are thin. Both nights of our stay were interrupted by loud neighbors.
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
Mac
"Fun Room - Nifty Fifties"
Everything was nice except the carpet was stained and needs to be replaced. The paint and decor was nice.
1 night trip with friends Mar 17, 2015
SHARON
"One Night on Central Coast"
Relaxing getaway in a beautiful locale. Great restaurant as well.
1 night romance trip Mar 16, 2015