All hotels in King City, California, United States of America
615 Canal Street, King City, CA, 93930, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Best choice in town"
Adequate and clean - good location
1 night family trip Apr 27, 2014
"Close to the freeway so was very convenient."
First flush, toilet stopped up. The plunger was not available as someone was in another bathroom with it. Sheets were so old they had what looked like stains but were actually so thin you could see through them. The television was extremely difficult to operate -- had to have the manager come to our room to fix it.
Other trip Apr 23, 2014
Robin
"Not Great, Not Bad"
Not a lot to choose from in King City. This hotel was OK, but it could use a bit of updating.
1 night trip Apr 11, 2014
"Good overnighter"
Convenient, reasonably comfortable and good value. We like this place as a halfway overnight stop traveling between Sacramento and LA. The continental breakfast is very basic: cereal, juice, cheap pastries, coffee.
1 night trip Mar 21, 2014
Dr Charlie
"Better than others"
Drop, the owner, an his crew are exceptionally dedicated to serve you.
1 night trip Mar 13, 2014
Luis
"Kind, helpful staff"
Gave us a free upgrade since it was our second stay. We'll be back!
Other trip Mar 14, 2014
egret
I was surprised. The website said it was heavily discounted so I expected something very nice. It was just another motel. Good enough, but nothing special.
1 night business trip Feb 17, 2014
P
"Decent, clean hotel"
Decent, basic and clean hotel that met our needs for a place to stay by Pinnacles National Park for one night. Price was very reasonable. Receptionist was nice and helpful. Pir
1 night trip Feb 15, 2014
"A hotel where everything works"
Nice place, good free whi-fi, convenient location in a charming little town, friendly staff, lots of TV channels.
Other trip Feb 18, 2014
"A reasonable choice"
Quite acceptable in the price range, management tried their best to make the room comfortable with all the necessary amenities. The only issue we had was that there was only one, very thin, pillow per person. We arrived too late and tired to go ask for more, so make sure you get extra pillows at check-in.
1 night trip Feb 14, 2014
"it was a halfway point"
My friends live up and down California and we all met up in King City because we needed a middle spot, we had a very good time and our rooms were an awesome conditions. We had hot water in the morning and the excitement was the police helicopter flying overhead about 9 o'clock at night otherwise we had a great time and I would recommend it to all my friends to come back again.
Other trip Feb 15, 2014
"Filled our needs"
This motel was perfect for a business trip. A satisfactory place to stay.
2 night business trip Feb 1, 2014
"Perfect for the price"
A bargain, perfect for the pinnacles national park
2 night trip Jan 31, 2014
M.
"Surprisingly Good!!!"
We stay in King City for Rodeos and this by far has been out best experience staying in a hotel in king City! The hotel room was clean and slightly refurbished and large. It was quiet even though right off the freeway. We will stay there again for the next rodeo!
1 night trip Jan 25, 2014
Good value
1 night trip Dec 26, 2013
"Not good"
Pretty sure I won't stay there again. Enough said.
1 night trip Nov 30, 2013
"As good as it gets in King City"
This motel is minimal, like all that I saw in King City. It has a welcoming and efficient staff, is conveniently located near a freeway exit (but is nevertheless quiet, at least on the side facing away from the freeway), and is clean and rooms are reasonably well equipped. I was satisfied with my stay.
2 night trip Nov 3, 2013
"Martin Sheen's Choice & Mine, Too!"
Keefer's Inn has very clean and comfortable accommodations located in close proximity to the freeway and very affordable. We stayed there overnight on our way to San Francisco. We arrived a little after midnight...just in time for comedy hour by one of the owners, Deep. He was very pleasant and expected us which made us feel welcome. Our check-in was smooth and easy. When we arrived in the room, the rooms were nicely appointed, clean and just what we needed after a long drive. The bed was perfect...melted into the softness. In the morning, Deep's wife greeted us and engaged in pleasant chit-chat during the continental breakfast which was decent. I noticed a picture on the wall with Martin Sheen and Emilio Estevez and she explained that the Sheen Family had stayed in their hotel every year on their annual trip for years. I understood why.
Other trip Oct 30, 2013
Ivory
"Good but not great"
The fan worked well but the A/C didn't work properly. It was like a good fan with no cooling. The fan was positioned poorly causing the curtains to be blowing out and not circulating the air into the main areas of the room very well. Everything was good otherwise and this might be the best place to stay in this small town.
Other trip Oct 6, 2013
"Keefer's Inn"
Staff was friendly. Room was clean. Got what I paid for. Why does everyone have to come home drunk at 1 am, yell in the parking lot, and then slam their doors. This seems to be universal everywhere. Just a lot of very rude travelers out there.
Other trip Sep 25, 2013
Stewart
"Great stop for a road tip"
Perfect overnight stop on our way to Northern Caifornis. Easy to find, bed was fine and hit the road early in the day.
1 night trip Sep 12, 2013
Pat
Continental breakfast was sparse but enough to get the day going. Inn could use some sprucing up. Desk attendant cordial and helpful.
1 night trip Aug 12, 2013
Jim B.
"Pleasant"
Keefers has always been a decent place to stay. We have stayed there many times in the past and have always found the nearby restaurant quite good.
Other trip Aug 14, 2013
"King City Surprise"
With 2 stars we were not expecting much and were very surprised by the cleanliness, comfortable new mattresses and quality towels. Very quiet (midweek stay). We will stay there again!
1 night trip Aug 5, 2013
Ethan
"One night stay, just passing through."
Only stayed one night, just passing through .Made reservations on Expedia. Clean, but older hotel. Appears has had paint upgrades in the room. Coffee pot and blow drier in the room. Direct TV remote control somewhat confusing. Location right off the highway. Close to other amenities. Restaurant across parking lot. Pool and hot tub pretty small. I personally would not stay for extended periods, but would recommend it as a reasonable priced placed to stay for the money. Front office staff was friendly. Simple Continental breakfast provided. Overall did have a good experience.
Other trip Aug 2, 2013
"Better than expected"
Despite the drab exterior and surroundings, this hotel was surprisingly cheerful and high tech inside the room.
1 night trip Jul 28, 2013
Victoria
"Older and inexpensive but needs attention."
King City was a convenient half way point on my drive. Chose this hotel based on reviews, but was disappointed with the lack of maintenance in the room. Air conditioner blew "cool air" not cold air. Cold water faucet in bath room barely worked and made a loud squealing sound. They advertise a "continental" breakfast. Kind of a joke. Cheap packaged pastry and a banana. I have been in much worse hotels, but I guess you get what you pay for. The guy at the desk was friendly enough. Can't say that I would never stay there again, but would not go out of my way to find it either.
Other trip Jul 27, 2013
Roger
"Musty and Damp"
My kids and I were on a two week road trip and only staying 1 night at every hotel. This was our first hotel and it was disappointing. There was a damp,musty smell and feeling as soon as we opened the door. Bed was ok, but trying to sleep was difficult due to the dampness. The continental breakfast was apples and individually packaged Danish like you'd get out of a vending machine. There's a restaurant 50 feet away which is expensive for the area and food. $12 for a tuna sandwich? $15 for a burger? No thanks. Burger King is across the street. My suggestion ? Drive another 50 miles and stay in Salinas at the Laurel Inn.
Other trip Jul 26, 2013
RoadtripMom
"Good on a budget!"
Hotel does the Job for a one night stay at a great price.
Other trip Jul 23, 2013
travelor
"Convenient Stop Over"
I was headed for the MotoGP race in Laguna Seca on Sunday July 21st. All the hotels in the immediate vicinity were booked up and the Keefer Inn was a good alternative as it is still close enough. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
"Nice motel for the traveler"
Nice family-operated hotel. The decor was a bit faced, but the rooms were spacious and the bed was comfy. Definitely recommended for the traveler. The price was very good for the facilities offered.
Other trip Jul 13, 2013
Henry
"Good hotel for a one night stay."
The motel is next to the freeway, so there is a little noise. But since its in King City, California, the traffic is light. The nearby restaurant is owned by the same people and is good. I would recommend it for a budget, one night stay.
Other trip Jul 2, 2013
"Not bad"
The room was spacious, and they ended up upgrading ( for free) me to a bigger room so I could have a non smoking room. If it would have been cleaner, I would have given it more stars.
1 night business trip Jun 16, 2013
please they should stop advertising by saying free breakfast. there was no breakfast and it was a joke......just coffee and an apple. that's breakfast.
1 night trip Jun 14, 2013
"home from race"
It was in a good location The room needed a good cleaning
Other trip Jun 2, 2013
"The middle of nowhere."
Good location to stop between Santa Barbara and San Francisco but nothing in this town. Hotel has outstanding television but could use better wifi.
Other trip May 21, 2013
"Over-night stop from SB to SF."
Everything was adequate...no complaints. Nice to have the gas station and restaurant so close by the room.
1 night trip May 5, 2013
"Ok hotel near pinnacles"
No-frills hotel, easy to get to, halls could use a renovation, room was fine
Other trip May 9, 2013
Flo
"Wildflower Triathlon stay"
Stayed here prior to the Wildflower race. Great place, surprisingly updated. Very clean.
1 night trip May 3, 2013
I have stayed at better, but not for $69 a night. The hotel was a good value for the rate. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The desk clerk was friendly and welcoming.
Other trip May 4, 2013
"Best room on a budget"
This was a great value for a budget place to stay. The room was well appointed and appears to have been renovated. For the price range the room was better than average. The breakfast was sparse. The friendliness of the hotel staff mad a huge difference, they were genuinely happy to have us there. I could hear the freeway noise but the bed was so comfortable that I fell right asleep and did not wake in the night. Very close to grocery store and fast food in this small town.
Other trip May 1, 2013
RoadRunner Deb
excellent value for price
1 night business trip Apr 26, 2013
paul
"Solid good hotel"
I would say it is little better then average for the price level. Has couple of fast foods and cheep gas station nearby.
Other trip Apr 22, 2013
The hotel managers were very friendly and helpful in providing information regarding nearby Pinnacles National Park. The pool was not clean, and had no lighting at night. The room itself was quite comfortable and clean.
2 night trip Mar 27, 2013
"keefers"
will come back!
1 night business trip Mar 18, 2013
suzie
"Need to give yourself a rest? Here's a good place."
This hotel is good for a one-night stopover. There isn't much to see in the town, but the hotel experience was cheerful and the staff was warm and friendly. A fine restaurant is adjacent to the hotel itself, and the whole complex is easily identified from the highway.
Other trip Mar 12, 2013
Ernie
"keefer"
just ok
1 night trip Feb 17, 2013
suzie
"Very nice for the location"
It worked perfect for us.
2 night business trip Feb 5, 2013
Robby D
"Try the Hotel accross the Freeway.!"
FACTS ABOUT THE BATHROOM: The bathroom needs maintenance. the toilet seat was discolored, and missing a hold-down cap. the floor tile showed the absents of tile due to a remodel of different appliances put in. the bath-tub faucets had broken mirror back splash.The bath-tub drain was rusty. The bath floor was cleaned with minor hair left around. The bath had all the right accessories, but the built-in Kleenex box in the wall was rusty..
2 night trip Feb 8, 2013
"Good Stay in a Small Town."
The hotel is not new, but it is clean and well-maintained. Everything in the room worked. Room was very spacious and the heater worked well on a very cold night. Only negative was the lady that checked me in. She was a litlle crabby and not very customer-service oriented. Other than that one thing, my entire stay went very well. I would definitely stay here again if I am in the area again.
Other trip Jan 12, 2013