All hotels in North Charleston, South Carolina, United States of America
7480 Northwoods Blvd, North Charleston, SC, 29406-4025, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9400

"Not At all what I expected"
Online description is not what I expected when I got to the location. The rooms were updated and modernized....in regards to the layout. However the rest (AC, Bathrooms, Sink area) were pretty much left as is. The staff member who greeted me was not the most pleasant person I've ever dealt with. After driving for hours and coming off the road I was surprised there was no restroom available for the guests. I was told to go to the neighboring restaurant. Tact and courtesy were unquestionably lacking. When I returned from my event there was no parking available. I understand the facility was "packed" for the evening. And that's just how I felt. Needless to say I will no longer be staying at any Red Roof Inns in my future travels...unless it is the only facility within a 50 mile radius.
2 night trip Aug 29, 2014
"Good things and bad things"
Good things: Relatively large room and good furniture for a motel, especially considering its price and location (far from the city of Charleston, but close to the airport and a lot of fast food chains). Bad things: A strong smell of smoke and mold in the "100% non-smoking room" (the air conditioner doesn't help clean the air). A hole in the sheets. The service is the worst surprise: I called for bath towels because obviously the housekeeper forgot to put them in the room, the girl answered seemed to know nothing and let me hold for forever. Called again, no answer. My request was forgotten apparently. Half an hour later, called again, told me to get it in the lobby myself. So I went. There was two staff behind the counter but nobody seemed to want to ask me why I was here until the only one customer at the counter finally left after 10 minutes. Just for a towel. Not a single word about their fault in the first place.
3 night trip with friends Aug 16, 2014
Matthew
"Reliablely RedRoofish"
I've used a few different Redroofs. They're Spartan, economically furnished, and easy on the wallet. This one was all of those things. There were some obvious things the housecleaning crew neglected to clean up from previous lodgers; that was somewhat distasteful. But, excepting those things, it was comfortable, convenient, and the staff was friendly. I'd stay again.
2 night business trip Aug 15, 2014
The hotel itself looks good from the outside. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room looked very nice upon entering the room. The ceiling above the bathtub has mold on the ceiling, The computer chair in the room had mold on it. When you open the door and walked to the other side of the room the floor was wet. Our clothes felt damp after being in the room for the week. The room was number 107 and need a dehumifider extremely bad. When you got in the tub to take a shower and walked across the floor your feet were black. It is such a shame to have the mold in the room because other than that the hotel was very clean and the people were very friendly. I do not want this review to be made public, I would just like to see the problem fixed. My husband will not stay at another Red Roof Inn because of the mold problem.
5 night trip Aug 4, 2014
"Short drive to downtown Charleston"
Enjoyed our stay in Charleston, spent time walking downtown, going to a movie and dining out.
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
Jerry
"Clean, neat and well put together!"
A plus on color schemes, room setup, all the amitites well on point!
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
"Very nice hotel"
Hotel room was very nice. Big & roomy. Plenty of room for our luggage & stuff. Loved that it had a fridge, microwave & safe, even though we only used the fridge. Would definitely stay there again if we're ever in Charleston.
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
Belinda
The room was very clean. The bed was comfortable although whimpy pillows and the staff was friendly and efficient. It is a no frills motel good for a night Or two. It is right off the interstate with lots of conveniences around. The neighborhood a little shady but it is a busy area. For the price it is worth it.
1 night trip Jul 22, 2014
Charly
"Room reeked of cigarette smoke"
Bad experience: My one-night stay reaffirms the old adage "you get what you pay for." I paid 64.99 for this room. In hindsight, I would have paid 10 to 20 dollars more and stayed a nicer hotel. My major complaint: The room -- in this so-called smoke-free hotel -- exuded the reeking smell of cigarette smoke. If the owners want to claim their hotel is smoke-free, they must replace the carpeting, mattresses, and box springs, and steam clean the curtains and upholstered furniture.
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
Glenn
"Clean and comfortable"
Only stayed one night. Clean and comfortable. Good price for the area
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
Dee
It was alright for the price paid. Room smelled strongly of cigarette smoke even though it was a non smoking room. Room was pretty small but we didn't spend much time in the room anyway. Next time I'd probably spend a little more money to stay somewhere nicer
3 night trip Jul 11, 2014
"Close, Yet Far Away"
Although we were only at this hotel for one night, we were pleasantly surprised. The room was clean, the air conditioning worked, it had a clean smell, a great TV with movie channels. My only issue was that the free wi-fi didn't work, but that wasn't a deal breaker, after all you're in Charleston! There are FAR to many things to do than check your Facebook! The location was pretty good, too. It's only about a 15 minute drive to get to down town Charleston, 20 to Mt. Pleasant (Patriots Point), and about 25 to Sullivan's Island. It's right off Ashley Phosophate, but it was VERY quiet for our stay. The only drawback I found was that there is a public transportation drop-off infront of the hotel, which meant many random people would be walking through the parking lot at times. It is a pet friendly hotel, but there was no evidence of that inside the room (smells, or stains), or on the ground around the rooms. I will stay here again.
1 night trip Jul 6, 2014
Katherine
"Cheap stay was nicer than expected."
Just a brief overnight stay on my way up the east coast. Free coffee, but no breakfast (Waffle House just around corner). Free wifi was a pleasant surprise and it worked great for me, even streaming video. First walking into room, it smelled a bit like a barber shop; I suppose that's because of some cleaner they use. But the room was very clean and the bed very comfortable. It also looked like they had recently remodeled to make it a little nicer (though it was still a little tacky, but not something I was concerning with).
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
Stephen
I want my money back but keep getting a run around not happy at all.
1 night trip Jul 3, 2014
jeremiah Hudson
"Meh"
Nothing very special. The pictures definitely made it look nicer than it actually was and it seemed like a previously run-down establishment with a coat of paint and some new, cheap but modern-looking furniture. I was expecting better. The rooms were a bit small and there were barely no amenities in the room. No hair dryer, one tiny bottle of two in one shampoo/conditioner, cheap bar of soap. It seemed like they were visibly trying to cut corners. The staff at the front was friendly but the maids came at random hours. One day they'll be there at noon, other times 10 and if you were in the room when they knocked (even if you were leaving in 5 minutes) they would leave a bag of towels and not clean your room for that day. Even when they cleaned, they didn't wipe anything down and left the floors unswept. There was the option of 3 cleaning services: Just making the beds. New towels, make beds, etc. New bed linens, the works. Even with the works, the rooms weren't cleaned well. My biggest qualm was the type of people that were staying there. There were sketchy people hanging out on the balconies, wandering around the rooms and the area was really shady. But I guess that's North Charleston. All in all, the hotel was very So-So for the price.
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
"pretty decent!"
My son and I stayed here for a night on our trip. The bed was comfortable and it had a nice flat screen, but it had few amenities. Other than the laminate floor needing a mop over it, I was happy with the room.
1 night family trip Jul 3, 2014
Erin
My family stayed at the Red Roof for an overnight stop on the way to the beach. This hotel was clean, safe, and the staff were friendly. I would stay here again with no hesitation.
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
"Close to everything"
The hotel is conveniently located - it's near gas stations, restaurants, and right off the interstate. The room was very clean and quiet. Everything in the room worked as it should have. The staff was okay - they weren't enthusiastic but they weren't rude either.
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
Ahren
"Good Service, Bad Environment"
The customer service was excellent however the room was supposed to be smoke free but there was a strong pungent smoke smell. There were also sketchy people that were at the hotel and pests.
1 night trip Jun 26, 2014
"good place"
close to everything, mall and outlet. I had a good time. clean room & people
1 night trip Jun 23, 2014
shay
expensive for what we got, no breakfast etc
2 night trip Jun 19, 2014
"Clean hotel room"
I enjoyed the stay clean room clean tub. Check in receptionist wasn't the kindest.
Other trip Jun 21, 2014
Angel
"Great Stay..."
While there were a couple of small issues with my room, they were addressed and handled very well... The Maintenance guy Don was GREAT!!!
3 night trip May 31, 2014
Alena
Good location. Close to shopping and plenty of restaurants. Not too far from downtown Charleston. For the price and location a good value.
Other trip Jun 1, 2014
"Great place"
People was nice very close to the interstate would book with this hotel again
1 night trip May 25, 2014
Brad
"we have a great time"
it is convenent, Wendy & Waffle house, gas station are near by
Other trip May 27, 2014
"Perfect for a quick basic overnight stay"
This Red Roof has been remodeled inside and is totally nice for an inexpensive overnight stay. Wood floors, fresh paint, new linens. It's great!
Other trip May 27, 2014
Emily
"Great value"
Not many kids, but easy to find and good for adults
Other trip May 25, 2014
K
"Nice hotel in the middle of Charleston"
The Hotel Seemed Really Clean And It Didn't Have The Usual Hotel odor, It Smelled Fresh And The Soaps In The Bathroom Were Ocean scented, the bed was extremely comfortable and the pillows were very soft. Overall the hotel experience was awesome very clean and friendly staff. We had stayed at a red roof inn in Indianapolis and the experience there was completely opposite from the Charleston experience. I highly recommend this location to anyone!
Other trip May 21, 2014
Sandra
"I said Non-Smoking!!!"
We had asked for a non-smoking room and when we enter the room it was as if the smoke was seeping through the walls into our room. I was disgusted, i left all my clothe in the luggage because we would smell like smoke, we would take our showers and leave immediately because of the stench. The very next day we bought a bottle of frebreze just to deal with the smell to sleep. Basicallly to no avail because each morning i would have a stuffy nose or mucuse in my eye as if my body was battling the 2nd hand smoke. I would not stay here again, we used this hotel to sleep only and we barely even got that. Very disappointed.
Other trip May 13, 2014
"Was good"
Staff was incredibly helpful and facilities were nice although the bathroom was a bit tight. And there seemed to a small hole from a cigarette in our comforter but it had clearly been washed so that's all that mattered.
Other trip May 5, 2014
a sailor
"North Charleston"
Only one roll of toilet paper in the room.
1 night business trip May 1, 2014
My stay was comfortable and pleasant. The room was clean and the bed very comfortable. The price was perfect as well as the care from the staff. I had no problems what so ever and wold stay again. I booked the superior king and was very pleased.
1 night trip May 1, 2014
jen
"Great deal"
Great deal for the rate. Nicely redesigned rooms with hardware floors and clean look. Right in midst of restaurants and shopping, 10 minutes to airport.
1 night trip Apr 28, 2014
JC
"Best Sleep I Have Had in a Long Time"
I went to Charleston for Spring Break and I was staying alone. The room was so clean and I love the wood floors so you dont have to see dirty carpets. The Beds were so comfy and I didnt have any neighbors my 3 nights of stay so it was very quiet. The hotel is located by every food place or store you can think of. It only about 15 mins to downtown Charleston. I had a great stay the front desk was polite and will answer anything you need. The only Con I can say is that the standard rooms dont come with Fridge or Microwave so I bought a small cooler at Walmart and kept some drinks and food in there. Other than that I would recommended Red Roof to all my family and friends.
Other trip Apr 23, 2014
"You get what you pay for."
My kids found one lonely flip flop under the beds along with a rotting banana peel and many other miscellaneous items. It was foul but just had them get everything out and do another clean of the room. Other than that it was fine for what i went for.
1 night family trip Apr 14, 2014
Megan
"Great place"
It was great. Good location near restaurants and close to the port of Charleston. Workers were friendly and helpful. I'd definitely stay there again
Other trip Apr 15, 2014
caralynn
"Not what I expected."
I've actually stayed in this hotel prior to this visit and it was much better. I payed for a SUPERIOR KING room and received a STANDARD KING, which meant no refrigerator/microwave combo, no coffee maker, room was smaller, and a smaller TV. I was very disappointed with this service.
Other trip Apr 13, 2014
E
"Dirty Rooms"
The hotel looked like it was old but had recently been updated. The beds were comfortable, but the room and bathroom were very dirty.
2 night trip Apr 4, 2014
There were only two negatives about the stay. One is that the floor wasn't mopped even though it was laminate. With all the Swiffer products available, seems like that would have been something that would always be done. Another was that the tub was very slow in draining. You were standing in dirty water as you bathed. We did have a issue with the air conditioner not cooling and it was taken care of immediately -- even though they had to install a whole new unit.
3 night trip Apr 3, 2014
Traci
"Clean hotel, great location"
Our stay was very pleasant. The room was clean. No issues.
3 night trip Apr 4, 2014
Misty
"Good pet- friendly hotel"
About 15-20 min from downtown Charleston. Staff was friendly and helped to find an available king room when told that one had not been found online. Room smelled strongly of bleach upon first entering, but smell disappeared before night came. $99.99 a night during Cooper Bridge River Run
2 night romance trip Apr 4, 2014
"Friendly Staff"
Hotel was clean and newly remodeled. Staff was friendly. Room and bathroom very small. It offers coffee but not breakfast. You are in walking distance to a few places to eat though.
1 night business trip Apr 5, 2014
Marianne
"Don't Let Appearances Fool You!"
We had a wonderful time at this hotel. It is just a short drive to downtown/historic Charleston, but half the price! I was a little leery when we first drove up because it is a bustling area and the exterior of the hotel could use some tlc. Our room, however, was well cleaned, provided everything that was advertized, and was very comfortable. We had a wonderful time!
2 night family trip Mar 30, 2014
Crystal
"No ammenities"
Was not pleased with this motel. The room was clean except for the bare floors,they felt dirty. They offer no ammenities.no coffee pot,no iron,no pool and no breakfast. I will pay a little more next time for a nicer place.
2 night trip Apr 3, 2014
H.R
"Do not stay."
Needs updating! Did not fell safe. Did not feel clean.
Other trip Apr 6, 2014
"Ok for what it was."
This hotel is nothing to write home about. It's main highlight is it's proximity to downtown Charleston and the price. My stay was not officially a planned one so paying the downtown Charleston rates was not an option. Overall it had the basics- bed, tv, cold ac, and hot shower. The room was clean. It worked fine for an overnight stay. Kind of awkward to get to from the interstate if you're not familiar with the area. Oh, and finding the front desk took a circle around the entire property. It wasn't well labelled but I was tired too so that may have compounded the issue.
1 night trip Mar 22, 2014
Dee H.
"Fast Repair"
My parents love this place. But the first night, the air conditioner didn't work. The unit was completely replaced that morning. The rest of their stay was good...no complaints
Other trip Apr 1, 2014
GG
"You get what you pay for"
We've been fortunate enough to stay in many 2-star hotels that provide 3-star accommodations: clean, comfortable, quiet, affordable and enough amenities to keep us satisfied. This wasn't such a case. We entered the room to an incredibly strong odor of clorox, which took a day to fade. The vinyl/hardwood floor needed a deep cleaning. The beds were more sponge-like than padded. Walls seemed thin, as we could hear everything outside, around and above us. Wi-fi was sketchy. Plumbing and fixtures were fine. For the money, I'd prefer the Red Roof Inn Plus in Mount Pleasant.
2 night trip Mar 27, 2014
Al
"Nice call"
I called the hotel number of times to find out if my booking was clear. On my first call the lady was very rude but confirm my reservation the second call they said to me to come in at any time and my room would be ready after 2pm (check in time) and when I arrived to the hotel they were very nice and my room was very clean and had no issues with the room or with the staff. Located about a half hour from the downtown area of Charleston
Other trip Mar 30, 2014