All hotels in Oakland Park, Florida, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here4800 Powerline Road, Oakland Park, FL, 33309, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.5
    2.4
    2.2
    2.5
The worst hotel everstayed before.
1 night business trip Nov 18, 2013
"Remodeling rooms but problems with smokers/train"
I requested a remodeled room on the parking lot side of the building away from the train tracks (the commuter train tracks are right behind the building, and I saw the train blast it's horn alongside the hotel). The room was ok, but the bed was hard. When I got off the elevator, the hall smelled like cigarette smoke, but thankfully my room did not.
1 night business trip Nov 14, 2013
pblue
"very comfortable,glad to be there for my rest time"
My stay was a pleasant experience.Would choose RED ROOF any where I travel.
Other trip Nov 16, 2013
"construction"
4th floor was being renovated, so halls had temporary floors,etc for the price, very good value actual room was okay, very small details to be fixed
1 night trip Nov 11, 2013
"Terrible"
I stayed 30 minutes out of a 4 night stay, including the wait time to check-in (1:30 AM to 2:00 AM). First, There was water in the carpet leading to the room. Once I walked in, I just pulled out my phone to locate another hotel. Walls were dirty and chipped. Bed covers were dirty. Curtains were hanging on one side. There were burn marks on night stand and TV. Table and chairs were badly scratched and dirty. Overall, the room looked like one from a motel in a cheap movie. I called Hotels.com and they helped me relocate. Pictures have nothing to do with reality.
4 night trip Nov 2, 2013
"Fine for short stay"
No bugs or bedbugs so we were happy. Not much else to crow about...
1 night trip with friends Nov 2, 2013
"Review"
There wifi wasn't working and they had construction on my floor which was very noisy
1 night trip Nov 6, 2013
Jarvis
"Dirty hotel, staff and room was disgusting"
The room was dirty, smelled like mold. Staff very unprofessional and taking personal calls and talking loudly while trying to sign us in. Luckily we were able to find another hotel via expedia, and left the red roof in without looking back!
Other trip Nov 5, 2013
"Place needs a lot of work"
The lady I checked in with was very friendly and nice on Friday night, and that was about the last thing I can say positive about this place. The exterior looked decent and pool area looked nice. The interior needs some work. It says "under new management", which should have been a sign that the hotel had probably hit rock bottom under the old so maybe they will fix it. Wifi was down, and wifi is one of the requirements these days for me to book a particular motel. No breakfast there, I knew that booking it so ended up going to McDonalds across the street. The Wafflehouse next door looked dirty. The hallway looked like a Haunted Asylum hallway. The room smelled moldy, needs paint bad. The bathtub looked dirty. There were little flying insects in the room that looked like ants with wings as well as spiders. I had to run the A/C all night because I could hear everything my neighbor across the hall was saying if I turned it off. It wasn't in the best neighborhood and there seems to be a train going by every 15 min.
1 night trip Nov 1, 2013
DC
"Don't stay here if you are a light sleeper"
too much train activity
1 night trip Oct 21, 2013
Dale
"Very clean and profecianal staff."
Nice place to go with your family and pet. Plenty parking space, outdoor area very clean and beautiful landscape.
Other trip Oct 22, 2013
Rafael
Rooms need to have receptacle at desk for personal laptop etc. AC unit was to noisy and didn't work well. Toilet needs to be upgraded.
5 night business trip Oct 14, 2013
Roy
"Worst ever"
This place should be shut down. A dirty filthy dump
1 night trip Sep 25, 2013
"Nasty!"
My room was wet! The carpet, the bed..everything. The hotel smelled like urine. No towels or wash cloths in the bathroom. Horrible tv clarity. It was just horrible all around!
Other trip Sep 22, 2013
kim
"Loud Hotel"
A noisy hotel, OK if your looking for party central
Other trip Aug 21, 2013
"None smoking"
The room smell like smoke , when its suppose to be none smoking room
1 night trip Jul 19, 2013
Kenny
"Hotel that accepts dogs"
Stayed at this hotel as we need a hotel that accepted dogs over 20 Lbs. The front desk staff was very courteous and friendly which helped a little based on the poor condition of the hotel and the environment. Rooms and linens were not clean. The lobby had numerous people just hanging out in the lobby which were of some acquaintances with hotel staff based on the conversation and language being used. I would not recommend this hotel and can guarantee I would not stay at another Red Roof Inn. Sorry
Other trip Aug 1, 2013
Good value for the money spent. The room we very inexpensive
1 night business trip Jul 7, 2013
"Miserable stay here"
The front counter staff was very nice and helpful, but... My non-smoking room smelled horribly of cigarette smoke, I'm not sure if this was from a previous guest smoking in there or if it was just overflow from the smell of smoke in the hallway. The elevator stopped working for a night, so everyone was constantly going up and down the stairs which was actually very noisy with having my room right near the stairwell. There are train tracks that pass near the hotel and it is very noisy when a train goes by. Overall the hotel just seemed dirty. I actually left a couple days earlier and booked the remaining of my trip at the Westin Ft Lauderdale, which was very very very nice and only about $20 more a night.
Other trip Jun 24, 2013
"not bad"
Price and location were good. Reception guy was excellent. Room (320) carpet needs shampooing - wiped off a bit of spilled lotion and towel picked up lots of visible grime. But the hotel stay was restful and just what I needed at the time.
1 night trip with friends Jun 21, 2013
"Noisy and Loud Air Conditioning Units"
The AC wall units were loud and noisy. In the first room that was assigned to me, the unit was vibrating and squeaky. After complaining about the first room, I received a second room and the AC unit was better but still noisy.
Other trip Jun 22, 2013
"Great but no so quiet hotel"
The hotel provides anyone one a good night sleep. Ample parking, and close location to I-95. There is a train track near by so you may hear a train go by. The hotel has a animal policy so my room was next to a patron that had a dog... They left the dog in the room so the animal barked all day and night long. The hotel management could have done more, but without the owner.. very little they did... I requested a room change, but due to availability, it could not be done. Other than that, hotel is good enough for a night or two.
Other trip Jun 2, 2013
Vladimir
"Beware of trains!"
to noisy, trains passing behind the hotel all night!
Other trip May 24, 2013
ERIC
Vrey nice. Good value. Only one negative. The room a/c unit leaked water into the carpet by the unit and the area was wet. Did not discover this until settled in, therefore, stay in room and report problem as we left.
1 night trip Apr 16, 2013
"Nice for the money"
This was my second time staying here in three months. The room was a bit shabby, but I chose it a second time because I needed something cheap and convenient. It's close to I-95 and there are gas stations and fast food restaurants within walking distance. There is a Tri-Rail train track directly behind the hotel and trains pass by with horns blaring every 10-15 mins. This is something you might want to take into consideration when looking at this hotel.
2 night business trip Apr 26, 2013
M
"local motel"
There was too much traffic from locals. You could tell because of the security officer and type of guest the hotel was drug and prostitution infested. No micro waves or refrigerator in the room. The Older television sets included tape on the remote control. toilet seats and carpet should be replaced. There was 1 elevator for 4 floors that the maids had to use as well.
Other trip Apr 16, 2013
"Visiting Florida"
Erin at he front desk was extremely helpful. I enjoyed the overall experience,this hotel will definitely foot the bill for the under thirty crowd
Other trip Apr 2, 2013
Tj
"Forget about it...."
Sucked- girlfriend hated it. Pulled up at midnight and there were hookers getting arrested. Nice family place.
1 night family trip Mar 13, 2013
Chisel Chest
"Suited us"
After a drive from the Keys, this hotel provided us a good nights rest before our flight home. Convenient to the airport and comfy beds. A few trains going by, but not during our sleeping hours. No hair dryers in the rooms, but the front desk provided. No coffee maker in the room either, but also available in the lobby.
1 night trip Feb 15, 2013
Mara
"Feb stay"
There was hair in the shower & the mattresses were hard as concrete. We didn't sleep worth a darn.
1 night business trip Feb 7, 2013
"Get What You Pay For"
Pros: Incredibly convenient location. Visible from I-95. Lots of fast food restaurants and stores located on Powerline Rd. and Commercial Blvd. Wireless internet in the rooms. Exactly 30mins from downtown Miami/Miami Beach. Cons: Tri-Rail train tracks behind the hotel. Train horns sound every 30mins-1hr. Sketchy guests. I checked in around 8p and I had to wait for the night attendant on duty to finish her cigarette break before she checked me in.
4 night business trip Jan 24, 2013
M
"Not good"
1. Black mold on the walls near the window and inside the window frame. 2. There was a terrible odor from one of the beadspreads that permeated the room. 3. There were trains nearby that blew their whistle every hour. 4. Patrons slammed doors all night long until 5am. The location was near the airport and planes flew all night creating unbearable noise. 5. They had free coffee but it was all cold in thermos bottles. 6. Patrons were allowed to have dogs and one of them barked continuously. 7. Even though the room was non-smoking, the rooms adjacent were smoking and it permeated the entire floor. I would never stay here again nor would I recommend it to anyone. The friendly staff was the only good thing about my stay. Not enough.
1 night business trip Jan 23, 2013
"Horrible"
The hotel is located right by a train track. The room are old. The shower wasn't working and was making a huge noise. I will never go there again even if we offer me a night. Really bad experience.
1 night trip Jan 15, 2013
Princenas
"Dirty rooms, poor choice"
Room and bathroom were dirty (hair on floors and in tub). Non-smoking room smelled of stale cigarette smoke. Bed box spring felt as though it was broken or close to being broken. Poor experience overall. People at the desk were pleasant on check in and check out, but overall cleanliness of hotel was below par. Don't stay in this hotel!
Other trip Jan 11, 2013
"Don't stay here!"
The hotel was an absolute mess! Every inch of the room was dirty, they did not bother to carpet under the beds or clean around door stops etc. one of the full beds was missing blankets. The bathroom was filthy and the drywall work in the room was deplorable. As we left for the day we thought it best to take our bags but left night cloths hanging on the door, when we returned, they were gone. Please don't stay at this hotel especially with children.
Other trip Jan 9, 2013
Big Ern
"expensive"
dirty hotel
1 night trip Jan 3, 2013
ravi
"Close to many restaurants!"
Friendly staff - helpful. Very nice rooms that exceeded my expectations
1 night business trip Jan 4, 2013
Lakelandguy
Room Was not good Shower bad.
Business trip Jan 7, 2013
"We had a rat in the room !!!"
We really didn't enjoy our stay. The worth room in my life !!! To start, there is a train passsing close all day and night. But it was not the problem. The hotel is not suppose to host dogs (at least not in our floor), and there was a dog barking all night, and smelling very bad. Then, at the middle of the night, someone knock in our door many time (it's happened twice during the night), and a lot of slapping doors ! It was impossible to sleep, so I put my earplugs. Then around 4:15 am, I heard a weird noise.... It was just behind the night table, there was a cookie package and a rat inside !!! It was to much for only one night ! So we left at 5 am without sleeping
1 night trip Jan 2, 2013
Josephine
"Will not stay again!"
We made our reservation for a 5 night stay but had to check out after the first night. We will never stay at this hotel again. The hotel is not in good shape. The staff is very unprofessional. We waited for an hour for towels and even then they only brought us 2 and there were 4 of us! The train behind the hotel is constantly running every 5 minutes and loud. We didn't get any sleep at all. It was not what we were expecting after a 22 hour drive from Dallas. Don't let the "renovation" images fool you.
5 night family trip Dec 27, 2012
"Convenient with an inconvenient"
First impression counts always. My front desk agent was eating lasana while doing my check-in. The location of the hotel is great although the noise of the train will be too loud sometimes. My biggest observation is that in a non-smoking room is located at a smoking floor. The smell/smoke enters the room and you end up breathing smoke regardles of your request.
1 night trip Dec 22, 2012
"Holiday travel"
Very comfortable and clean. Hotel staff was outstanding and exceedingly polite! What a joy...thank you!
1 night trip Dec 22, 2012
Holiday traveler
"Do. Not. Stay. Here."
I wish there was lower than a 1 for these ratings. The hotel was dingy and the rooms disgusting. It was right next to a train track which wakes you up every hour. I could also not imagine a worse neighborhood for it to be in. I would maybe give it half a star for me making it out alive. The front emblem on my car was even stolen in the parking lot. NEVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL!
1 night trip Dec 14, 2012
"Red Roof inn"
Beds were not comfortable, room had that damp smell and the toilet looked as though urine was always present even after flushing. I guess this is one of those "you get what you pay for".
Other trip Dec 17, 2012
"Low Quality"
NOT SATISFIED
2 night trip Nov 30, 2012
JASON
"pets..swamp...train"
this is perfect for people who like animals, swamps n trains. the most annoying thing was the trains!!
Other trip Dec 11, 2012
J C
It was a nice hotel. Staff was pleasant. Great experience. Would recommend!
Other trip Dec 10, 2012
"a place just to stop in sleep and go"
The price was good, the 3 staff members I saw during my 2 nights stay was warm and helpful, the bathroom door had no knob or handle just a cut out square hole for finger to slide door back and forth. Part of celling peeling off and has lots of stains, the numbers on the radio for time was not working
Other trip Dec 10, 2012
"not so great"
To stay for one night it's okay however stay longer it will be boring
Other trip Dec 5, 2012
Overall my stay was good. Price is fair for a weekend stay.
1 night trip Dec 1, 2012