All hotels in Manzanita, Oregon, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here114 Laneda Ave, Manzanita, OR, 97130, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

This was a pleasant little hotel in "downtown" Manzanita. It is not fancy and a bit old but what you would expect from a small, beach front town. The refrigerator and microwave in the room were convenient and there are free movies at the desk. For the price it was a clean, comfortable room and place to overnight. Several nice shops, eateries, a bakery, coffee houses, and the beach within easy walking distance.
2 night family trip Oct 12, 2012
Runnerdave
cute older motel with very good staff..close to food etc. Only stayed one night then moved on. I would recommend if you are okay with mom and pop accommodations.
1 night trip with friends Oct 19, 2012
travel girl
"Our new favorite..."
The Spindrift Inn is a great motel--I think the only reason we hadn't stayed there before is that it tends to be booked. In addition to the friendly service, clean rooms, and great location, the motel is run by people who obviously care about the details: the rooms are comfortable and stocked with nice-quality shampoo, soap and lotion; there's hot chocolate mix, tea, and coffee at your disposal. It rained all weekend, so we spent a lot of time in our room, and we really enjoyed ourselves. Thank you!
1 night trip Oct 13, 2012
Jenny
"Charming or Old?"
The room was clean and comfortable, but antiquated, or charming, depending on your mood. The electrical outlet was a strip plug. The coffee pot dribbled when poured, and leaked into the area of the strip plug. The bathroom ventilation was just a small window that opened onto a service hallway.
Other trip Oct 9, 2012
"Charming older motel in a great location."
This is an older hotel without frills, but it is adequate in every respect. The room was clean, the bed comfortable. The location is excellent, an honest block from the beach with a restaurant just around the corner. It is in downtown Manzanita in walking distance of everything Manzanita has to offer.
Other trip Oct 7, 2012
"Most Comfortable Bed"
Very pleasant hostess. Manzanita and the Spindrift Inn will be our base camp next time we visit the Oregon coast.
Other trip Oct 3, 2012
Bill and Jo
"A well maintained 40's Motorhotel, updated-neat!"
Just right! Pet frendly and conveniently located to Cannon beach at half the price!
Family trip Oct 3, 2012
My wife and I were delighted with the Spindrift Inn, and we will certainly stay there again when we come to the Oregon coast.
Other trip Oct 1, 2012
Kenneth
"Charming!!!!!"
We loved our stay at this very charming little place! The room felt like a little beach cottage, and was very comfortable. We discovered a surprise when we opened a door at the back of the room... a tiny and lovely little courtyard that all the rooms opened onto! The owner was wonderful and so very helpful. The location is nice. There are a few shops and restaurants up and down the street, and it is a reasonable walk to the beach. We would love to come back!
Other trip Sep 29, 2012
j
"Right in town"
Convenient place to stay for walking the town and closeness to the beach.
2 night romance trip Sep 19, 2012
Clay
"Great little place. Would go back"
The hotel is showing it's age, but the location is great and the rooms were comfortable.
Other trip Sep 18, 2012
WK
"Fine mom & pop place!"
It's right in town, one block walk to the beach. Has a little tiny kitchenette--refrig, micro and table to eat at. Character. Beds fine.
2 night trip with friends Sep 14, 2012
"Room across from a great pub"
Room was small but cute. First innkeeper was sort of rude. Office wasn't open during the hours they advertised.
Other trip Sep 5, 2012
"Great location but need a primer on hospitality"
I'd stayed at Spindrift Inn in May and had a fine time. The hotel is old, but clean and simple and quiet which is what most should be in my opinion. So this last week I sent my mother-in-law and daughter there for an overnight together at the beach. They got there about 30-40 minutes ahead of check-in time and were unable to check-in, which is fine, but the person at the front desk refused to let my 5 year-old use the bathroom after an hour and a half in the car. So immediately hey're not feeling super welcome. Then, when checking out the next day after a fine night, my mother-in-law was greeted by another person at the front desk with "what do you need?". My mother-in-law said "we're guests here," to which the response was once again, "what do you need?" I'm not sure what the word hospitality means to these two employees (hopefully not an owner!), but they certainly need a crash course ASAP as their attitudes did much to spoil what could have been a great hotel experience.
1 night family trip Aug 29, 2012
"great"
perfect location clean and simple
1 night trip Aug 17, 2012
"Walking distance to beach"
The room is a bit old but very clean. And it's just 2 blocks away from the beach which is great.
Other trip Aug 25, 2012
JJ
"Great hotel for a beach-loving family"
This hotel is in an old, well-maintained building, and eveything is "dated". Ideal for a family that wants to spend a few days at the beach, cook their own meals and just 'hang out'. It is not a good place to stay for just an overnight for a single or couple. No need for a full kitchen. Too expensive for just a hotel room need.
Other trip Aug 24, 2012
Very nice motel, would stay there again and will tell family and friends to stay also. Right in the heart of the little town, close to shops and eating establishments. Pleasently surprised at room.
2 night trip Aug 18, 2012
Victoria
Room was small, but clean. Loved being only a block from the beach, and near restaurants, etc.
Other trip Aug 21, 2012
"Overpriced room!"
The room we stayed in was very small. No air conditioning and no windows. The only windows in that room are the French doors. Felt very claustrophobic. The ceiling above the shower was covered in small dead flies. Very disgusting. The bed was small too, maybe a twin size, so it was hard to sleep. Thankfully this was only for one night. I have no intentions coming back to that hole in the wall.
1 night trip Aug 13, 2012
TeresaB
"Close to the Beach"
We stayed in a standard room which was ok for us. The internet was very slow and pillows smelled really bad so I had to sleep without pillows.... You can walk to the beach from the motel which is really nice. There are restaurants and cafes around the area, so I guess it is pretty convenient place to stay.
Other trip Aug 16, 2012
"Great Location - Could Use Some TLC"
The location is perfect. It is right in the middle of everything, you won't have to drive at all. Walk right down to the beach, out to eat, shopping, etc. Also the parking is great - you get to parallel park right in front of your room. The Inn is all one story high with exterior access to your room. You can hear the ocean waves crashing in the distance at night. Overall, it was a great stay for our family. However, all I could think of as I looked around was the amazing potential! The Inn was built in the 40's and pretty much everything was Jerry-rigged, modified, "fixed", and "updated" as cheaply as possible. For example, the front door knob was installed too close to the edge of the door and smashed my finger whenever I closed the door. The bathroom door only only had trim on half of it. The kitchenette light fixture probably cost them $3. I would have had the ugly ceiling popcorn removed. The mattresses are very uncomfortable!! There was no bathroom fan. Instead there is a bathroom window, which opens into the courtyard. The courtyard is about 8' wide x 30' long. All the rooms open into the courtyard and it is nicely landscaped with flowers, has a path down the middle and chairs along the sides. The idea is nice but there is a terrible flaw. We started calling the courtyard "sewage alley" because, literally, all the bathroom windows open into the narrow corridor. You can imagine. But the staff was very friendly and helpful. We would stay there again.
Other trip Aug 12, 2012
Koos
"Nice Beach Stay"
We only stayed one night but the hotel was close to everything and easy to get to.
1 night romance trip Aug 3, 2012
"Perfect inexpensive getaway!!"
Great location, close to beach, restaurants, and shops. A perfect inexpensive motel.
Other trip Aug 6, 2012
"Nice hotel, but LOUD nightlife!"
The room itself was great...maybe a little spendy for not being right on the beach and for being on the older side. My only real complaint was the bar across the street and the live band they had playing late into the night. It was difficult to sleep, especially for my six year old child. For that alone, I probably won't stay there again. Also, the parking is parallel only, which is kind of a pain.
1 night trip Jul 28, 2012
Kristi
"Cute little intimate for couple.."
Enjoyed being able to walk to everything. Bathroom a bit small.
Other trip Jul 23, 2012
"Everything you could want for the price!"
I was Very impressed with this little inn. It was so close to everything in Manzanita and so affordable. I was thinking we would we would get a run down place, but was surprised that this was a very nice well kept Inn, nicely decorated and furnished. Staff was very accomedating and friendly. As I said you were a block and half away from the beach and right in the heart of town, close to resturants and shops. Once you come here you don't need to drive for the rest of the weekend. it is so nice. Really for the price I was very impressed and would recomend it to anyone who was thinking of staying on the oregon coast.
2 night family trip Jul 14, 2012
Beth
"Cozy(small), Clean, Convient."
Room was small but well maintained and clean. location was perfect.
1 night trip Jul 15, 2012
Don P
"Very close to beach &great Mexican food restaurant"
It was great and really close to the house being rented by my son and family, and in-laws. Had a really nice time and I loved my rooms.
2 night trip Jul 12, 2012
"Great local"
Its an older but in this case it is good. The room was decorated nicely. The close was about a block away and all in town was within walking distance. Spin Drift ROCKS.
1 night trip Jul 8, 2012
Luckywon
"Perfect spot for a good price"
Room was very clean and front desk friendly. The courtyard is nice too. We were there on a Monday and it was very quiet. Good place to stay in Manzanita for a good price.
Other trip Jul 12, 2012
"Travel back in time...."
This is an older mom and pop "motel" that has been refurbished. Our large room was clean and quite acceptable, with a DVD player, refrigerator, microwave, and small dining table. Our room had a shower only (no tub). We could walk (1 to 2 blocks) to the nearby bakery, restaurant and also a grocery store. Ocean was a couple of blocks away. They have an extensive DVD library for loan and there was no phone in the room. As nearly everyone has a cell, not really a problem. It reminded me of traveling with my family when I was a kid. I would recommend this place, but it cost nearly as much as the newer chain places with "suite" type rooms.
Other trip Jul 11, 2012
Jeri
"Decent for the price"
Decent for the price. Shower was good and strong. Close to beach.
Other trip Jul 3, 2012
"Best experience"
Wish I could give it a 10! There are 14 rooms (we stayed in #4), freshly painted; comfortable beds with quilt comforters, shams, eyelet bed skirts; mini fridge, microwave, coffe pot, ceramic mugs....coffee, tea ages, and hot cocoa packets provided. Flat screen tv, DVD player (DVD 's available from front office for free); hottest water and excellent shower...in addition, the room had a back door that opened into a flower garden with chairs...a delightful place to read, rest, or just unwind. I felt like I was at a seaside cottage prepared for me by my grandmother. The office door was handcrafted...unbelieveably beautiful craftmanship..The beach is a block and a half away, easily accessible walkways. The pizza place is awesome....homemade crust, sauce, and homemade Italian sausage....not greasy or too spicy at all. I was so sorry that we were only staying one night...will plan a longer stay o. My next trip to Oregon.
1 night family trip Jun 29, 2012
Grammy
It was adorable. Small, but felt spacious. We enjoyed our stay.
Other trip Jul 1, 2012
An older facility, but very well maintained and nicely decorated. Very close to the beach, restaurants and a deli/market. Plus, out the back doors (between the two rows of units) there was a narrow courtyard, with plantings and chairs to enjoy the outdoors.
1 night trip Jun 19, 2012
"Spindrift on N. Oregon Coast is a delight"
I first noticed the Spindrift several years ago when I was staying in a nearby town. While driving through Manzanita then, I was taken by the Spindrift's beautiful lobby door--heavy carved wood inset with smaller pieces of driftwood and beach-polished stones. I remembered the name and door and decided I would stay there on future visits. We were not disappointed. Excellent value, room was very clean and though quaintly decorated in mismatched styles, it just added to the charm. Staff was very pleasant and efficient--I've stayed in higher-end places that couldn't match the Spindrift's sparkling cleanliness. The back door opened into a pretty little garden, we were offered free movies from a good selection in the lobby and they had free wi-fi network hook-up. There was good food, several antique and crafts shops within walking distance and the beach was less than a block down the street. I'll be back!
1 night trip Jun 14, 2012
Flora, EffenGee Group
"A Pleasant stay."
Comfortable,clean and very reasonably priced.
2 night family trip Jun 3, 2012
TLarson
"Perfect little hotel."
Close to the beach and on the main strip of town. Definitely recommend!!
1 night romance trip May 25, 2012
"Why not?"
Great location, quiet and clean with basic comforts and a comfortable bed.
1 night trip May 27, 2012
"Manzanita Getaway"
The Spindrift Inn is one of our favorite places to stay. Conveniently located, within walking distance of everything, you can see and hear the beach from this location! A great option versus the overcrowded Cannon Beach.
2 night family trip May 25, 2012
"Clean and quaint, super convenient location"
The hotel is old, but that's a good thing in this case. Our room was small, but clean and perfectly comfortable. Manzanita is tiny but you can't get much more centrally located than the Spindrift. The beach is only short walk away which makes for a quiet night since the surf isn't pounding right outside the window.
1 night family trip May 12, 2012
"Calm and relaxing atmosphere"
Enjoyed our stay in this relaxing environment. Anyone who is looking for a quiet, relaxing time away, will like it too.
Other trip May 18, 2012
"Easy beach access"
We enjoyed every minute of our stay. It was restful and comfortable. Our room was surrounded with flowering plants and the sounds of the ocean. Everything we needed was available to us. It is a very charming place to stay.
2 night trip with friends May 11, 2012
"Good bargain"
Cheap, clean, and right next to the beach. Rooms are small but good value overall.
Other trip May 14, 2012
"50's Charmer"
Our stay at Spindrift was great. The staff accommodated our very late arrival by placing the key in a lockbox on the door, and allowing us to checkin in the morning. The room was very large, clean, and nicely decorated. This is 50's nostalgia - if you are looking for modern, stay elsewhere. BTW - Really appreciated the hot chocolate in the room to combat the chilly Oregon spring! There is a great coffee shop steps away, and the beach is only a few step further. Have already booked my next stay.
1 night family trip Apr 29, 2012
"Very Nice"
Nice Hotel. Excellent value. Near the beach. Within smelling distance of some very good pizza. Left Coast Siesta Mexican Restaurant is 3 minutes walk away and is really, really good. 1 minute walk to a very nice pub accross the street. Very nice people at every turn. The beach is the best.
2 night trip May 4, 2012
"Cozy Place"
All four girls in my group thought it was a cute, comfortable place to stay. Everything was very clean and felt more personal than a hotel. The lovely person who checked us in was so helpful and pleasant. We would all definately stay there again.
1 night trip Apr 28, 2012
Birthday Girlfriends
"Perfect Getaway"
We had a wonderful overnight family getaway planned and it couldn't have been more perfect. The Spindrift was clean and hospitable and centrally located so we were able to walk to the beach, grocery store and restaurants. Can't wait to go back.
1 night family trip Apr 27, 2012
Josi

"Abandoned"
This is a quirky litte motel which was pleasant enough but the check in closed a 6pm. After that you were stuck if you had a problem as there was no one on site, no phone in the room and no contact details if you needed any help. No information of any kind in the room. We were the only people staying on the first of our two nights. Once the receptionist had gone that was it if we had a problem (which fortunately we didn't). Not many places to eat and the three different people we saw on the reception desk whilst we were there were friendly enough but not up to speed on the answers to (basic) questions.
Other trip Jun 5, 2014