All hotels in Fairlee, Vermont, United States of America
520 US Route 5 South, Fairlee, VT, 05045, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
"Quaint Inn in a quaint area"
Homey and cozy house! Like a grandmother loving decorated it. It's an old house that is a bit creaky but with all the charm that goes along with that. Very clean and welcoming. The owner is friendly and has good suggestions for things to do in the area.
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
graceSD
"Authentic Vermont Older Home"
We stayed in the main house and it was a really nice experience. The inn keeper was very friendly and helpful. Also, there is a great small and quaint Restaurant right beside the inn. We ate pizza and enjoyed some local brews. As we were leaving, we noticed that there was a laundromat right past the small restaurant. It's a very convenient location!
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
Leigh
"Friendly owner; clean, comfortable room"
Our impression was generally very good. The owner was friendly and talkative without being overbearing, helped us find a place to eat when we arrived, and told us a little about the history of the place. The room, which was in the main house, was comfortable and clean, and the house overall had the kind of charm you'd normally expect from a B&B. I have only two minor complaints. First, although free wifi was available, the signal was too weak to actually use in our bedroom on any of the three devices we tried. Second, breakfast was pretty insubstantial, consisting only of juice, coffee, and a stick roll, which was cold.
1 night family trip Sep 3, 2014
Delighted to find this Inn close to Hanover and will return when need to be in the area. Excellent location for a bicycling trip on the Connecticut. River. Scot, the host very nice.
1 night trip May 2, 2014
Kent's

"Charming"
We met some really interesting and friendly characters at this quaint and atmospheric guest house! The landlord, Scott was very sociable and went out of his way to be helpful!
Other trip Aug 17, 2014

TripAdvisor reviews for Silver Maple Lodge & Cottages

"Great place as long as your expectations are in line"
10/22/14 cbdg11 Virginia
My wife and I stayed there this August for 4 nights. I read the reviews and was concerned about road noise, so we got a cabin and I brought my white noise machine. I never broke out my white noise maker, so noise was no issue. I did not expect a full breakfast at all. However, the hot coffee, bowl of oatmeal, and danish was a great start to my day. We were able to walk 50 yards to a laundromat and 25 yards to a wonderful greek/italian restaurant. There is also a grocery store just down the street. We wanted a shuttle for an AT hike and while the owner had never done that before, he got up to drive us to a trailhead at 5 AM which worked out amazingly for us! Again, not a 4 star resort, but met this frequent business traveller's needs and expectations very well. Mark M.
"Mixed Bag"
10/10/14 diane108 Granite Springs, NY
The owner is very nice and welcoming. The main building does smell like an old barn (that musty aroma of yore) It is more like bed, no breakfast. (Get your breakfast at the Fairlee Diner down the street about 1/2 mile.) This place has 3 cabins. The cabins are the place to be. They have TVs and are more roomy. The Italian restaurant, Leda's, next door is very good.
"value pricing but smells moldy"
10/01/14 maokelan18 Boston, Massachusetts
This is a review of staying in the house (not the cabins). The price is right, and its very convenient to lake morey and the highway, but many downsides: -highway is literally right next door. bring your earplugs -downstairs (lobby, where you eat breakfast) smells like mold and mildew -water pressure is barely enough to shower -breakfast was oatmeal packets and stale donuts. Upsides: -price -convenience -B&B keeper was very nice -bikes available to check out -parking
"Wonderful Stay!"
07/31/14 Lisa O Charlotte, North Carolina
We found this B&B on the Camp Walt Whitman website as we had planned a trip to New England to visit our son who is a counselor there. We could not have been more pleased! We drove the 3 hours from Boston and when we turned into the property - it was so quaint and upkept. The structure of the house was all that I envisioned a place in VT to be. Our room was upstairs in the mainhouse and we were so impressed with how much attention to detail was in the room w private bath. It was perfect for the 2 of us and so very clean! The bed was extremely comfortable and although I had read complaints abt the highway noise behind the property-it did not bother us one bit. We slept with the windows open and a fan going and it was very soothing to feel the cool VT air. Scott, the owner, was a gracious host that treated everyone like family! He made conversation when he saw you but did not try to encroach on anyone's vacation. He was a pleasure to be around! His morning breakfast was coffee, juice, oatmeal and pastries which was totally sufficient for us until lunchtime. The property was so well-kept with places to sit scattered around under the maple trees and apple trees. My husband and I spent both nights enjoying drinks sitting in the airondack chairs under the maple trees. We came back from this trip feeling rejuvenated and rested! I would highly recommend this B&B to anyone wanting a getaway from the hustle-bustle of city life and to enjoy the peaceful country of New England. We would definitely go back should we head to VT again. Thank you Scott for the delightful stay!!
"Last-minute booking for Graduation Weekend"
06/17/14 JayBeeDubs
I needed a room at the last minute, and I got lucky. I didn't know it was grad weekend (for Dartmouth), but they must have had a cancellation. Thank goodness they did, or I would have been stuck in some lousy motel somewhere outside town. I stayed in the main house, which is a typical old New England farmhouse, complete with a screened wrap-around porch. I ate dinner and breakfast outside. My bed was super comfortable, but I almost needed a step-stool to reach it--I think the mattress came up to my waist (and I am not short). Good water pressure in the shower, which is sometimes iffy with older places. There is no air conditioning, but the small fan I had in the room seemed to be enough. Not sure how hot Vermont gets in the summer, but this is something to be aware of. And because you have to sleep with the window open, it can be noisy because it's so close to the road, and trucks seemed to drive by at all times of the day and night. However, I always sleep with ear plugs, so it wasn't an issue for me. Might be a good idea to bring a pair. One other caveat: "breakfast" consists of orange juice, coffee, and store-bought cinnamon buns. The one I had was probably from the previous day. I would say you're better off heading into town and having breakfast at the Fairlee diner. The owner is also very friendly and helpful with directions and suggestions for places to eat.
"If the highway wasn't next door I'd give it a 10."
12/04/13 sherishera Fairfield, Connecticut
i have to tell you. The place looks just like the photos. The cabin we stayed in was adorable and had a little kitchenette that was perfect for our needs. It was immaculate and it had a wonderful aroma inside from the fireplace which we didn't use but which was set up for anyone who wanted to use it to just light a match. The bed was quite comfortable. I originally chose the place because of a balloon ride option. We ended up driving to dog mountain and sightseeing so we never did do the ballooning... mainly because my beau was ticked off that you could hear the highway traffic all night. (I never looked at the map and the reviews I read didn't mention the highway.) Its worse at night and had I thought to mention ear plugs earlier I would have had a less grumpy significant other. The innkeeper, Scott was super nice and we didn't try coffee inside in the morning because we made our own in the room. We also found a FANTASTIC restaurant for breakfast which soothed my savage beast... it's called the Whistlestop. I think they serve lunch and dinner too but we were sightseeing during the day. The location of the Maple Tree lodge, while noisy, was easy to get to, easy to get to other things, the grounds had trees and grass around it and it was quite lovely. Quite honestly, I would stay again... but my beau would not.
"Just what we needed"
08/13/13 Courtknee2 Houston, Texas
We attended an event at my husband's summer camp, where we spent the majority of our time. We had specific needs for lodging: - a clean, comfortable place to sleep, shower, and keep our belongings - inexpensive - conveniently located near Lake Morey, where the camp is located - enough privacy so that our very late nights and early mornings wouldn't disturb others The cottages provided exactly what we needed. We stayed in Cottage #19, which is closest to the interstate on the back of the property. It had a large, comfortable king bed, fireplace, refrigerator and microwave, and a good-sized bathroom with shower/tub. I saw an a/c unit, but we never used it as we slept with the windows open to enjoy temperatures in the 50s at night. The sounds of the interstate did not bother us, and seemed infrequent at night. (But we live in Houston, fourth-largest city, so all of Vermont seemed quiet in comparison!) We were able to come and go without bothering others, and the location is perfect for visiting Lake Morey and the camps nearby. Scott is very friendly, and went out of his way to accommodate our late (10pm) check-in. He even remembered us from our previous stay in 2011. We will be back!
"Get a cabin"
07/08/13 KPage18 Johnson City, Tennessee
Silver Maple Lodge is an adorable place. However, at least the lodge is quite a throwback. It's an old farmhouse situated on Rt 5. The road noise was pretty bad, made worse by the lack of air conditioning. Considering it was 95 all weekend, it was rough. Our bed the first night was tolerable, but the second night we had to change rooms, to a full bed and shared bathroom. The bed was so bouncy that one of us could have gone flying if the other had moved much. Wi-fi did not work and "breakfast" was coffee and mini muffins. There is a severe lack of privacy, both within the house and outside, as we had to keep the windows open with the heat. We may try staying again, but only in the cabins.
""Nice area,Wasn't for Me""
07/08/13 dnrest Epsom
I like to first say the Owner Scott was very nice and the area was great, But staying in the Farmhouse without air and Tv was not good. It was hot and with the windows open and the fan didn't help ,except bring in more noise from the highway. I suggest you get a cabin. The early wake up of their dog made us leave real early.
"Clean Throwback to Another Time, But "Caveat Emptor!""
06/27/13 Douglass D Arlington, Massachusetts
The Silver Maple Lodge & Cottages is a variation on the Vermont B&B worth considering. But know what you're getting into. "Caveat emptor!" That's the message of my review. Physically, the Silver Maple is a complex of a two-story house with inside rooms and a few two-unit and one-unit cabins set along U.S. 5 in Fairlee, Vermont. It's close to Hanover, N.H., and much outdoor recreation including lakes Morey and Fairlee as well as the Connecticut River. The cabins and house back up to Interstate 91, separated from the right-of-way only by a fence. But traffic on I-91 is very, very light. Frankly, there's more noise from the U.S. 5 side of the property than from I-91. The cabins and house are on a well-maintained grassy and tree-shaded lot, enticing and dog-friendly. The Silver Maple welcomes dogs in the cabins, but not in the house. The owners have a Newfoundland named "Angel." The bed in the cabin we inhabited was very soft, to the point of causing severe back problems on the second night. It was not at all comfortable sleeping for people who like firm mattresses. Plumbing consisted of a small toilet room with a standing shower, and a small sink in the room. Ask for a stand-alone cabin and consider rejecting assignment to a two-room cabin. "Paper thin walls" is a description that was invented to apply to these cabins. You can hear a pin drop in the other room, and everything else said and moved. A single-room cabin with a kitchenette and a fireplace would be quite a bargain, provided the mattress on the bed is newer and firmer. The owners keep everything clean and tidy. The pet-friendly policy and location was a draw. The presence of I-91 next door was surprisingly not an issue. The property is nice. Breakfast consists of store-bought rolls and buns served with a great smile and attention. The owner is ultra-friendly, attentive, and welcoming. But, oh, those mattresses.