All hotels in Fairlee, Vermont, United States of America
You can collect® Rewards nights here
520 US Route 5 South, Fairlee, VT, 05045, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Quaint Inn in a quaint area"
Homey and cozy house! Like a grandmother loving decorated it. It's an old house that is a bit creaky but with all the charm that goes along with that. Very clean and welcoming. The owner is friendly and has good suggestions for things to do in the area.
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
"Authentic Vermont Older Home"
We stayed in the main house and it was a really nice experience. The inn keeper was very friendly and helpful. Also, there is a great small and quaint Restaurant right beside the inn. We ate pizza and enjoyed some local brews. As we were leaving, we noticed that there was a laundromat right past the small restaurant. It's a very convenient location!
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
"Friendly owner; clean, comfortable room"
Our impression was generally very good. The owner was friendly and talkative without being overbearing, helped us find a place to eat when we arrived, and told us a little about the history of the place. The room, which was in the main house, was comfortable and clean, and the house overall had the kind of charm you'd normally expect from a B&B. I have only two minor complaints. First, although free wifi was available, the signal was too weak to actually use in our bedroom on any of the three devices we tried. Second, breakfast was pretty insubstantial, consisting only of juice, coffee, and a stick roll, which was cold.
1 night family trip Sep 3, 2014
Delighted to find this Inn close to Hanover and will return when need to be in the area. Excellent location for a bicycling trip on the Connecticut. River. Scot, the host very nice.
1 night trip May 2, 2014

The following English reviews were posted by guests from other countries:

We met some really interesting and friendly characters at this quaint and atmospheric guest house! The landlord, Scott was very sociable and went out of his way to be helpful!
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
1 night business trip Sep 25, 2015

TripAdvisor reviews for Silver Maple Lodge & Cottages

"Great quiet VT Getaway!"
08/09/15 soupiesue New Jersey
We really liked this place! All of the reviews are accurate (except we never saw the dog) - a bit of a musty smell in the main house, no a/c or tv in the rooms in the main house, but it was lovely, very comfortable, very friendly owner, great setting, the ability to borrow the bikes was a nice touch. My husband and I would definitely stay there again. There probably isn't a room or cabin big enough for us to bring kids and there's probably not enough to do there to entertain kids, so it's better for adults. We too thought the breakfast was a bit lacking, but then discovered the same "baked goods" for sale at a lovely farm stand along the road and discovered they deliver to the inn, which made us appreciate them a bit more. The addition of something like fresh fruit to the breakfast would be a big improvement. We ate at the sublime "Whippy Dip" up the road and definitely wouldn't have wanted to miss that! We also would suggest an internet extender which would help a lot as we couldn't access the wifi in our room. But overall a great place to stay - especially for parents visiting their kids at nearby camps.
"Water pressure/Highway Noise/lousy breakfast"
08/03/15 winemanjo New York City, New York
We stayed at the main house. Very little room with no TV, no refrigerator and no water pressure. It took me one hour to take a shower, because the water pressure was terrible. And further the water smelt like rotten eggs. The breakfast for the morning is very basic and unimpressive. And yes you will hear the constant highway noise. The host was very nice, but that is not the reason we stayed there. I mentioned the water pressure issue to the host and his excuse was that maybe everybody was taking shower at the same time and that is why there is no water pressure. He did not apologize to us for our inconvenience and did not offer a discount. Therefore, I may think twice next time before we stay here.
"Great place as long as your expectations are in line"
10/22/14 cbdg11 Virginia
My wife and I stayed there this August for 4 nights. I read the reviews and was concerned about road noise, so we got a cabin and I brought my white noise machine. I never broke out my white noise maker, so noise was no issue. I did not expect a full breakfast at all. However, the hot coffee, bowl of oatmeal, and danish was a great start to my day. We were able to walk 50 yards to a laundromat and 25 yards to a wonderful greek/italian restaurant. There is also a grocery store just down the street. We wanted a shuttle for an AT hike and while the owner had never done that before, he got up to drive us to a trailhead at 5 AM which worked out amazingly for us! Again, not a 4 star resort, but met this frequent business traveller's needs and expectations very well. Mark M.
"Mixed Bag"
10/10/14 diane108 Granite Springs, NY
The owner is very nice and welcoming. The main building does smell like an old barn (that musty aroma of yore) It is more like bed, no breakfast. (Get your breakfast at the Fairlee Diner down the street about 1/2 mile.) This place has 3 cabins. The cabins are the place to be. They have TVs and are more roomy. The Italian restaurant, Leda's, next door is very good.
"value pricing but smells moldy"
10/01/14 maokelan18 Boston, Massachusetts
This is a review of staying in the house (not the cabins). The price is right, and its very convenient to lake morey and the highway, but many downsides: -highway is literally right next door. bring your earplugs -downstairs (lobby, where you eat breakfast) smells like mold and mildew -water pressure is barely enough to shower -breakfast was oatmeal packets and stale donuts. Upsides: -price -convenience -B&B keeper was very nice -bikes available to check out -parking
"Wonderful Stay!"
07/31/14 Lisa O Charlotte, North Carolina
We found this B&B on the Camp Walt Whitman website as we had planned a trip to New England to visit our son who is a counselor there. We could not have been more pleased! We drove the 3 hours from Boston and when we turned into the property - it was so quaint and upkept. The structure of the house was all that I envisioned a place in VT to be. Our room was upstairs in the mainhouse and we were so impressed with how much attention to detail was in the room w private bath. It was perfect for the 2 of us and so very clean! The bed was extremely comfortable and although I had read complaints abt the highway noise behind the property-it did not bother us one bit. We slept with the windows open and a fan going and it was very soothing to feel the cool VT air. Scott, the owner, was a gracious host that treated everyone like family! He made conversation when he saw you but did not try to encroach on anyone's vacation. He was a pleasure to be around! His morning breakfast was coffee, juice, oatmeal and pastries which was totally sufficient for us until lunchtime. The property was so well-kept with places to sit scattered around under the maple trees and apple trees. My husband and I spent both nights enjoying drinks sitting in the airondack chairs under the maple trees. We came back from this trip feeling rejuvenated and rested! I would highly recommend this B&B to anyone wanting a getaway from the hustle-bustle of city life and to enjoy the peaceful country of New England. We would definitely go back should we head to VT again. Thank you Scott for the delightful stay!!
"Last-minute booking for Graduation Weekend"
06/17/14 JayBeeDubs
I needed a room at the last minute, and I got lucky. I didn't know it was grad weekend (for Dartmouth), but they must have had a cancellation. Thank goodness they did, or I would have been stuck in some lousy motel somewhere outside town. I stayed in the main house, which is a typical old New England farmhouse, complete with a screened wrap-around porch. I ate dinner and breakfast outside. My bed was super comfortable, but I almost needed a step-stool to reach it--I think the mattress came up to my waist (and I am not short). Good water pressure in the shower, which is sometimes iffy with older places. There is no air conditioning, but the small fan I had in the room seemed to be enough. Not sure how hot Vermont gets in the summer, but this is something to be aware of. And because you have to sleep with the window open, it can be noisy because it's so close to the road, and trucks seemed to drive by at all times of the day and night. However, I always sleep with ear plugs, so it wasn't an issue for me. Might be a good idea to bring a pair. One other caveat: "breakfast" consists of orange juice, coffee, and store-bought cinnamon buns. The one I had was probably from the previous day. I would say you're better off heading into town and having breakfast at the Fairlee diner. The owner is also very friendly and helpful with directions and suggestions for places to eat.
"If the highway wasn't next door I'd give it a 10."
12/04/13 sherishera Fairfield, Connecticut
i have to tell you. The place looks just like the photos. The cabin we stayed in was adorable and had a little kitchenette that was perfect for our needs. It was immaculate and it had a wonderful aroma inside from the fireplace which we didn't use but which was set up for anyone who wanted to use it to just light a match. The bed was quite comfortable. I originally chose the place because of a balloon ride option. We ended up driving to dog mountain and sightseeing so we never did do the ballooning... mainly because my beau was ticked off that you could hear the highway traffic all night. (I never looked at the map and the reviews I read didn't mention the highway.) Its worse at night and had I thought to mention ear plugs earlier I would have had a less grumpy significant other. The innkeeper, Scott was super nice and we didn't try coffee inside in the morning because we made our own in the room. We also found a FANTASTIC restaurant for breakfast which soothed my savage beast... it's called the Whistlestop. I think they serve lunch and dinner too but we were sightseeing during the day. The location of the Maple Tree lodge, while noisy, was easy to get to, easy to get to other things, the grounds had trees and grass around it and it was quite lovely. Quite honestly, I would stay again... but my beau would not.
"Just what we needed"
08/13/13 Courtknee2 Houston, Texas
We attended an event at my husband's summer camp, where we spent the majority of our time. We had specific needs for lodging: - a clean, comfortable place to sleep, shower, and keep our belongings - inexpensive - conveniently located near Lake Morey, where the camp is located - enough privacy so that our very late nights and early mornings wouldn't disturb others The cottages provided exactly what we needed. We stayed in Cottage #19, which is closest to the interstate on the back of the property. It had a large, comfortable king bed, fireplace, refrigerator and microwave, and a good-sized bathroom with shower/tub. I saw an a/c unit, but we never used it as we slept with the windows open to enjoy temperatures in the 50s at night. The sounds of the interstate did not bother us, and seemed infrequent at night. (But we live in Houston, fourth-largest city, so all of Vermont seemed quiet in comparison!) We were able to come and go without bothering others, and the location is perfect for visiting Lake Morey and the camps nearby. Scott is very friendly, and went out of his way to accommodate our late (10pm) check-in. He even remembered us from our previous stay in 2011. We will be back!
"Get a cabin"
07/08/13 KPage18 Johnson City, Tennessee
Silver Maple Lodge is an adorable place. However, at least the lodge is quite a throwback. It's an old farmhouse situated on Rt 5. The road noise was pretty bad, made worse by the lack of air conditioning. Considering it was 95 all weekend, it was rough. Our bed the first night was tolerable, but the second night we had to change rooms, to a full bed and shared bathroom. The bed was so bouncy that one of us could have gone flying if the other had moved much. Wi-fi did not work and "breakfast" was coffee and mini muffins. There is a severe lack of privacy, both within the house and outside, as we had to keep the windows open with the heat. We may try staying again, but only in the cabins.
Reviews and ratings contained within this site are the subjective opinions of customers and suppliers; they do not represent or reflect’s position. Neither nor the parties involved in providing review content shall be held liable for any damages of any sort resulting from use of these reviews