All hotels in Avila Beach, California, United States of America
6655 Bay Laurel Place, Avila Beach, CA, 93424, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Visit Avila Village Inn"
Clean, peaceful setting and only 2 min from Avila beach. Private jacuzzi on deck!
1 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015
"Recommended Relaxing Getaway!"
We stayed here for a one night anniversary getaway. It was a weeknight which seemed to be less busy, overall it was a very quiet and relaxing environment. The cookies and water/coffee at the front reception area were a nice touch. Our room was perfect and we enjoyed the private spa on the balcony. Too many good features on the room to list, but here are a few: wet bar with refrigerator, fireplace, robes provided, and a great shower/bathroom. We recommend this place to anyone looking for a nice romantic getaway!
1 night romance trip Apr 15, 2015
Spencer
"Spa didn't work. Pretty much told me...oops my bad"
I reserved a room with a spa for my Anniversary, but the spa didn't work. When I called the front desk, the lady said they didn't have another spa suite available, but they did have a room with a tub.."are you kidding me" Upon check out I spoke to the Manager on duty and he said they took off $30 from my bill. The rooms are over priced to begin with but I stayed here for the Jacuzzi. Buyer beware. IF THE SPA DOESN'T WORK, ITS NOT THEIR PROBLEM. After letting the manager on duty know this, he took $30 off my $250 reservation. That's not even 15%. Won't stay there again based solely on the customer service to problems. Nice place but, pray you don't have a problem.
1 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015
"Very nice, quiet place."
Only stayed one night but I would stay again. It is over a mile from the beach but it makes it much more private than most of the hotels on the beach. They have a nice bike/walking trail that goes from the hotel all the way to the beach. It winds through the trees and comes out at the golf course. The hotel has 4 bikes that are free to their guests.
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
"A quiet hotel with many great features."
We celebrated my wife's seventy-fifth birthday and we loved staying in the Avila Beach area with sunny weather.
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
"Great hotel, amazing room and location."
Was able to check in early. Room was wonderful, bathroom amazing. Location was great! It was close to the beach to drive or walk using the trail right behind the hotel.
Other trip Mar 26, 2015
Diana
"Can't Go Wrong...Great Stay!"
We've been traveling to Avila Beach for a good 15 years as we are timeshare owners there. We decided to celebrate a milestone birthday in early-March in Avila and chose to stay at the Avila Village Inn. The hotel decor and comfort exceeded our expectations, for certain. The room was spacious, with nice amenities, including a gas fireplace, good-sized TV, comfortable bed and very large bathroom with two sinks. We were very pleased with the hotel, the staff and location. There's attention to detail, too, with cookies at the reception area, good coffee and beverages in the lobby and even a waist-high tray table outside your room door to place shopping, books, purses, etc.
Other trip Mar 7, 2015
Andrea
"Nice!!!"
Would come back again and again. We stayed here before and loved it. Would recommend it to anyone that wants a clean quiet and nicely decorated place to stay. The staff was friendly and helpful
Other trip Mar 6, 2015
julie
"Can't wait!"
We can't wait until we can come again! This is the most beautiful, romantic and relaxing Inn we have ever been to. It has become our favorite getaway place for 5 years now. We come two to three times a year just to relax and unwind. A room with a hot tube is a must! Then make an appointment for a hot stone massage at the spa next door. Simply wonderful!
Other trip Mar 5, 2015
Caroline
"Avila Village Inn"
Great getaway spot.
1 night romance trip Feb 23, 2015
"Stay-cations are great!"
We had a stay-cation, locals fro Grover Beach, CA :)
1 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
"Very nice place,"
Staff members were very helpful , I will be staying there again soon
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
"Be Mine"
Amazing all around, rooms were romantic very comfy, staff was welcoming and very helpful and attentive. Cannot wait to go back!
2 night romance trip Feb 11, 2015
Walter
"Retired Calif. Attorney"
This is a great hotel at great rates. My wife and I love it, and we are rather picky individuals. It's very quiet so you can sleep in if you want to.
2 night romance trip Feb 10, 2015
Douglas
"Really loced the facility"
My family stayed there one night on ourway to san fransisco. We all loved the room and the bathroom. Interior is updated and there is a fireplace in the room. It doesn't make the room stuffy but warm over the night.
Other trip Feb 7, 2015
june
"New Beginning"
Beautiful hotel and nice setting.
1 night romance trip Jan 30, 2015
Gustavo
"Secluded Getaway."
The Avila Village Inn is nestled among the trees in a picturesque environment. Surprisingly the trail that runs behind the Inn is a scenic walk to Avila Beach (1.7 miles) and for the more adventurist and fit you can go to Shell Beach on that same trail (2.7 miles). The Spa access that is included in the stay is amazing as it has not only a weight room and a cardiac room but they have a pool table and ping pong table as well as tennis courts. They also have a childrens pool and adult lap pool.
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
Jeanne
"Peaceful and quiet"
Went to see the sun. Very relaxing quiet and not crowded.
2 night romance trip Jan 21, 2015
"Lovely Inn"
The Inn is very lovely as are the surrounding grounds. It is also very close to Avila Beach but in a very quiet area. We enjoyed relaxing in our room as it was cozy, beautifully decorated, and comfortable. We plan to stay again as soon as we can get another break from our busy work schedules.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
"Beware"
Had reserved two rooms. Arrived early and was told my rooms would not be ready until 4 pm because they were so busy. When I showed my Expedia reservation said check in was at 3 pm, they said they had changed their check in time and Expedia was not cooperating. When we returned at 4 pm, we had to wait until 510 pm to get the room because it was not clean. The second room was not available until 730 pm. Staff was not friendly or apologetic. Next morning, I spoke to staff at check out and was told the GM was not available but would call me. 4 days later and no call. Other guests seemed on edge. Perhaps they had a similar experience. Many lovely places to stay in area. Avoid this one if you can.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"A hidden treasure! Quiet and centrally located"
We were pleasantly surprised as the photos don't do this hidden gem justice! The décor is Craftsman style and very cozy. The main fireplace was welcoming and loved the fireplace in our room as well. We will definitely return next year!
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
Nunya
"Total Surprise!"
This was a beautiful facility! I felt like it should be a 5 star resort. A little out of the way, but worth it. The room was spacious. The linens were comfortable and a huge bathroom. The people at the desk were great and there was coffee and tea available. Could have cancelled our other plans and just stayed there for a couple days.
1 night romance trip Nov 30, 2014
Caron
"Cozy and relaxing"
We decided to stay at the Avila Village Inn on Christmas Eve. The inn was so beautifully decorated and welcoming. We enjoyed the cracking fireplace in the lobby, and took full advantage of the complimentary hot tea and coffee. The night staff was incredibly kind. The following morning we decided to take a bike ride. The inn is right next to the Bob Jones trail, so we decided to rent bikes from the inn. We were told bike rental would be free since the bikes were in poor condition. When we went outside to grab a pair of bikes we noticed a new set of mountain bikes. The inn staffperson told us she didn't know where the key was to those bikes and we'd have to take the old beach cruisers. Upon starting our adventure with a pair of beach cruisers, it became apparent that they really needed to make nicer bikes available to guests. One of the bikes had bent front and back wheels, and was difficult to ride. That was our only complaint. All menial stuff set aside, this stay was wonderful and we'd do it again in a heartbeat!
Other trip Dec 26, 2014
We arrived after a big storm and the hotel was w/o power. We returned 3 hrs later after dinner. Power had been restored to full function but because of the length of the powe outage, they had to toss all the breakfast supplies. Sadly, no effort was made to re-supply during our stay. I would have thought this would be a priority.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
"RELAX and get away"
Jacuzzi was great, room was super comfortable.
1 night romance trip Dec 6, 2014
charles
"a 7 out of 10."
Nice Inn wish they offered hot breakfast. Enjoyed the path behind the hotel which leads to the beach. Service was not on par with the accommodations.
1 night romance trip Dec 4, 2014
"Water shortage or staff shortage?"
We asked for more towels (stayed 3 days 2 nights)> Used towels were not picked up and replaced. We have stayed there 4 times, and quality has seemed to have dropped a bit. The room is always the same room # when we use Exredia.
Other trip Dec 4, 2014
We had a great stay. Room was clean and comfortable. Hotel is in a good location.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
"Avila-a great place to stay and close to the beach"
This is a very pretty property...close to the beach, great rooms, friendly staff! You can use their bikes to ride along a beautiful trail to the beach! There is wine tasting nearby as well as several lovely restaurants. The rooms were cozy and very up-to-date and clean. Will stay here again!
1 night romance trip Nov 27, 2014
Trish
"Nice option for Avila Beach"
Nice room, hot tub nice extra, right on beautiful trail.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
"Peace and quiet"
This is a nice quiet and peaceful location. My one suggestion would be to remove the old t.v. cabinet and hang the new flat screen on the wall. That would make the room feel larger and be easier to watch from the bed.
1 night family trip Nov 22, 2014
"Very large and clean room."
The hot tub room I stayed in was very nice. The bathroom is very large with two sinks and large shower. Hot tub is on private rear deck. Definitely will stay here again.
Confortable and inviting. Hotel was beautifully decorated.
Jeanette
"Nice little gem"
The lobby is elegant and cozy, same as the room. The entire place has really nice vacation vibe and very comfortable to stay. The fireplace and the entire deco in the room is five star for me. My favourite room so far for recent years and places I've been.
littlebutter
Very nice facility, staff (all) and location. Great place to relax.
The staff was very friendly and the rooms were very clean.
"Very nice, luxurious-feeling rooms"
Very nice rooms with huge bathrooms. It is a pretty hotel and has If you get a private spa room then the spa on the balcony is very private and you can control the temp yourself. Continental breakfast is not great--only bagels, toast, and other cold selections. Location is a 5-10 min drive to Avila beach downtown and about 10 min to SLO downtown.
2 night family trip Nov 10, 2014
"FIRST RAIN OF THE SEASON"
WE arrived just as the rain began. After checking in, we got to our room, opened the sliding door and listened to the rain. We warmed up by the fire and let the tiredness take over. The next 2 days were gorgeous sun filled days. Fabulous weekend!!!
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
Tracey
"Greatly enjoyed our stay"
Great hotel! I loved the hot tub! The hotel itself is very nice, looks like a welcoming lodge. The rooms are nicely decorated and very comfortable. Great walk down to the beach from the hotel. The cookies are a nice perk, they have a variety of delicious flavors. The breakfast was a typical continental, but the coffee was good.
1 night romance trip Oct 31, 2014
Tamar
"Chill hotel"
Really nice, quiet hotel. My girlfriend and i thoroughly enjoyed our stay. One of the most comfortable beds ever... Not a complaint, but the hotel is located in sort of an odd spot... Doesnt detract from experience at all. Would absolutely stay again.
1 night romance trip Oct 19, 2014
Cliff
"I loved the jacuzzi!!!"
This is a nice, quaint hotel! I loved the jacuzzi! The lobby with the large fireplace was very romantic.
1 night romance trip Oct 27, 2014
Nice rooms, breakfast provided, next door to Bob Jones Trail. A short ride to the beach. Cookies in the afternoon too!
Other trip Oct 18, 2014
"nice room"
That's about it.
1 night trip Oct 10, 2014
"Nice hotel. Close to the beach without the crowd."
The staff was friendly. Hotel was beautiful. The jet tub was amazing
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
"Quiet and extremely comfortable!"
Loved it! Enjoying having our own private hot tub on the patio.
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
sandra
"Comfort with good amenities"
Drove Highway 1 for two day fall coastal getaway with visiting relatives. Weekdays rate for room with hot tub on the deck is fine value, short distance to Avila Beach and includes basic breakfast. Room and bed were excellent with widescreen TV and access to gym next door. Only complaint was that hot tub was in need of water replacement. Will try them again.
2 night family trip Oct 1, 2014
"Will Absolutely Stay Here Again!!!"
Went up to the Central Coast for get-away weekend and chose to stay near the beach at the Avila Village Inn. I could not have made a better choice! What a great find. The Inn is located about a mile from Avila Beach back in the quiet hills of Avila. It is a very clean hotel with a contemporary design that fits in perfectly with the surrounding area. I loved the rooms, traditional, yet modern. Huge bathroom and we upgraded to a spa on the balcony. Beautiful lobby where you could curl up and read a book by the fireplace. The hotel is right next to the Bob Jones trail, which is a paved trail to Avila Beach. Its about a 30 minute walk to Avila from the Hotel. Made for a great morning walk to Avila for breakfast at the Custom House. I will absolutely stay at the Avila Village Inn again.
1 night romance trip Oct 5, 2014
Todd
"Nice hotel but somewhat over priced"
I was somewhat disappointed with our stay. We go to the coast often, and especially this area of the coast, and I decided to try this hotel. It is not at the beach, and I would doubt that any of the rooms had a view. Our view was of a parking lot. The bathroom was very nice but the room was dark and small and if you opened the curtains all you could see was the front of the cars in the lot. There was no coffee pot in the room so you had to get dressed in the morning and go to the lobby for coffee. So So continental breakfast upstairs...cereal, muffin, etc. No facilities at the hotel to get a snack or a drink. All of this would be fine but with tax, etc we paid about twice what we usually pay. In my opinion it was an OK place but not a good value.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
Dot
"Great peaceful setting"
Hotel is beautiful, feels like a large home. Everything is great there
Other trip Oct 4, 2014
jeri
We loved the hotel, but they did not vacuum common areas, and rooms each day. There was food on floor from previous guest which was never cleaned. Otherwise the hotel is lovely, the breakfast bar is nice. Coffee all day is a plus and cookies in the pm were great!!! Had a wonderful time, we did have the picture in the bathroom fall off the wall, while we were in the restroom.
3 night trip Sep 28, 2014