All hotels in Taos, New Mexico, United States of America
317 Kit Carson Road, Taos, NM, 87571, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"El Monte Sagrado, Taso, NM"
Two night stay while traveling in NM. Excellent hotel; spacious room with superior bath (double sinks, walk-in shower, separate toilet room.) Restaurant and bar very nice with great food and service. The grounds of the hotel are beautiful with walking paths and fountains. The immediate area around the hotel grounds is a little rough and while it is 'walking distance' to central Taos, it's not the best. One major complaint: the hotel allows dogs. Big barking, chasing, peeing dogs. Also, you might want to avoid it if there is a wedding scheduled.
2 night romance trip Aug 11, 2015
It was our rest stop in a week long car trip with two kids. Relaxing. Amaxing staff. GREAT food. And the massage and facial the adults received at the spa helped rejuvenate us for the rest of the trip. My son raved about the shower and said he missed it.
1 night family trip Aug 11, 2015
Bree
Stayed two nights on a week long trip throughout Colorado and New Mexico. Absolutely relaxing. The food was delicious and the spa helped these two parents rejuvenate for the rest of the journey. My 5 yr old son fell in love with the shower and still talks about it.
1 night family trip Aug 12, 2015
Bree
"Not so comfortable"
Beautiful setting. The hotel is placed beautifully just blocks from Toas plaza, making it easily accessible. The rooms are large but I was truly amazed at the bathroom being included in the room itself. The patio was delightful but I felt a lack of privacy with the room set up.
2 night romance trip Aug 2, 2015
Andrea
Our stay was pretty nice. The room (#9) was beautiful if a little small and we had a nice surprise off of our back patio. It overlooked a waterfall and pond. Very nice!! The only issue we had was the tub not draining. We had to call a repairman to come fix it. We also saw an unusually large number of spiders and webs on the walls outside the morning we left. Other than that, it was a very nice stay.
1 night family trip Jul 30, 2015
Valerie
"Awesome!"
We loved everything about our stay. The room, the hotel and surroundings, services, and the restaurant were all outstanding. This will be one of our favorite places to go for special getaways!
1 night romance trip Jul 26, 2015
Terri
"Not so perfect stay!"
The property is superbe the grounds so well groomed, it is to bad that many littles details spoiled the experience, such as the guests above my room had lead feet and didn't settled well into the night as well as my room was next to the ice dispenser and again all through the night guests had to have to clack and bang the machine! (Make certain your room is as fare away as possible to utilities and upstairs, so no one will keep you from rest!)
2 night trip Jul 22, 2015
Yves
"Beautiful gem"
The gentleman who greeted us in front of the hotel provided the best service one could hope for in a hotel. The hotel's design, décor and landscaping are some of the most beautiful we've ever seen. The use of many local arts and crafts all over the hotel really added to the great atmosphere. Everything was elegant and unique.
1 night family trip Jul 13, 2015
Charisse
"Great getaway"
Great place to stay in Taos. Terrific grounds and landscaping. Very nice room with balcony. Dinner at the hotel was excellent although expensive. Only thing that irked me was the $15/day parking fee since the lot is no where near full. Hotel shuttle was a nice service.
2 night business trip Jul 13, 2015
Greg
"A mountain getaway"
I wish we had been able to stay more than one day, because it was a wonderfully relaxing stay. The staff was professional and helpful. We enjoyed the secluded hideaway setting, as well as the beauty of the artistic Taos area. We would live to revisit this hotel.
1 night romance trip Jul 15, 2015
Deb
"Great romantic, trendy, relaxing resort!"
Regrettably, we only stayed at El Monte Segrado but we definitely plan to return! The hotel is beautiful and the staff is very friendly and professional. Our room was great, just as pictured on the website. The hotel is a bit secluded but they offer a shuttle to take you around town, which we used to go out to dinner and it worked out perfectly. We did a one hour couples massage at the spa, which was an amazing massage but maybe a little overpriced. Breakfast at the hotel restaurant was a little underwhelming as well but my experience at El Monte Segrado was still great!
1 night romance trip Jul 2, 2015
Stacey
"New grand daughter in Taos!"
My wife, youngest son and I were here to visit our newest granddaughter; our oldest son lives in Taos. The hotel was great, we had a suite, great room, great views and everyone was really nice. We had one issue, the a/c in our room did not work, they sent a repairman and we left for dinner. When we returned from dinner, still no a/c, we called the front desk and they quickly moved us to another suite exactly like the previous one. Would highly recommend this hotel.
2 night family trip Jun 18, 2015
"Very nice resort just outside downtown Taos"
This is a very elegant resort, beautifully landscaped grounds, a large room with huge jacuzzi. It's a half-mile or so from town, which means it's quieter than hotels on or near the plaza. The room has an unusual layout with the tub in the room, but it all worked fine. The patio was a nice bonus.
1 night romance trip Jun 14, 2015
"Wonderful property and staff"
I cannot speak hightly enough about the property. I have worked in the travel industry in the past and this is by far the best personal care I have ever received from a staff. The standard rooms were well appointed, spacious and very comfortable for our 3 night stay. I will definitely be back.
3 night family trip Jun 1, 2015
Kelli
"El Monte Sagrado is worth the trip to Taos."
Location is away from the plaza. Very tranquil this time of year--late May. Would stay here again.
3 night trip with friends May 26, 2015
"Top Notch"
Amazing place. View, room, staff (especially the Valet staff) atmosphere, decor all top notch. Wish I could have stayed the whole summer! Everyone that works there give 110% to make your stay pain free and enjoyable. Hoping to return again.
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
"One Night"
This place was gorgeous, especially the grounds. Wished we'd spent more than one night there.
1 night trip with friends May 26, 2015
"Weekend Stay"
This is an absolutely amazing hotel. The location is a little outside of the historic square (maybe 1/2 mile) but it is perfect. You get the feel of a traditional New Mexican house but with all the amenities of a bigger hotel. The hotel restaurant has incredible dinner and breakfast. The only regret is not having enough time to explore the whole property and utilize the spa and pool.
1 night romance trip May 16, 2015
"original!"
Met another couple for a driving tour thru AZ and NM and so pleasantly pleased with this lovely property. The room was so pretty and it was nice to have the little outside deck. It was quiet and peaceful and off the main road. The pool area is attractive and the morning coffee was just right. Nice hotel~
1 night romance trip May 6, 2015
"#magic"
It was a magical place.
2 night trip with friends Mar 11, 2015
Nick
"Hotel in Taos with easy access to Skiing."
From when we first drove up the experience was wonderful. The staff was all extremely friendly and helpful. Especially Marcos the parking attendant. He went above and beyond in service. The hotel and ground were beautiful. The rooms were excellent. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.
Other trip Mar 6, 2015
"Beautiful room/servic, lodge could use an update."
Room itself was beautiful. Freshly updated. Gorgeous fireplace and large soaking tub. Location is good, a bit of a walk to town but very pleasant on a nice day. For a Taos resort, it is convenient. Breakfast was well above average (and was included in the room rate I chose). The main lodge/lobby area is a mishmash, however. The bar and "garden" dining room are incongruous with the rest of the resort. They almost have an Asian theme and they're definitely due for a facelift given the resort's high aspirations. Service was terrific and I would certainly stay here again, but if it's outright luxury you're seeking, the Monte Sagrado's main lodge comes up a little short.
1 night romance trip Jan 24, 2015
"Best hotel in Taos"
Very nice location. Comfortable room. Restaurant had very good food.
2 night romance trip Jan 23, 2015
Randy
"Awesome Hotel & Spa"
Beautiful room for our anniversary ski weekend. Enjoyed the hot tub too
1 night romance trip Jan 9, 2015
"Great vacation"
Great everything! Thank you to everyone there.
5 night family trip Dec 28, 2014
Duane
"Best hotel in Taos"
The suites here are wonderful. The staff is very good and really noticed the details required for my CEO's stay with his new Bride. I very much a appreciate the effort they went to make them feel happy their first Christmas as a married couple together. They will be back. Definitely!!!!
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
Liz
"Taos"
Great hotel... Except horrible shower. No water pressure
Other trip Dec 12, 2014
"TIME TO CLEAN IT UP"
THE HOTEL NEEDS SOME SPRUCING UP. CHAIR IN ROOM HAD SPLIT LEATHER. DESK WAS BADLY MARRED AND SCRATCHED AND CARPET NEEDED A SHAMPOO. SERVICE WAS BELOW MEDIOCRE. LIKE NO ONE CARED. SOMEONE IS HIRING PEOPLE FOR THE WRONG REASONS. ONLY ONE WHO HAD HIS ACT GOING WAS THE BELLBOY/VALET..HE WAS AWESOME. I HAVE STAYED THERE MANY TIMES AND IT IS SAD TO SEE THEM JUST LET IT DECLINE LIKE THAT.
Response by El Monte Sagrado, Autograph Collection
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I apologize for the issues you encountered. We wish you would have let us know about them during your stay so we could have insured your stay would have been better. We hope you will stay with us again and let us show you how well we can exceed your expectations in the future.
1 night trip Dec 1, 2014
william
"Nice hotel with excellent service."
The hotel is very nice, with excellent facilities and rooms that are both spacious and well appointed, including a beautiful bathroom, fireplace and larger than average mini fridge. There are no vending machines, so swing by the store and stock up on drinks and snacks unless you want to pay for room service for these types of things. Special Note ... The valet guys are awesome!! They made us feel like we were coming home, whenever we returned to the hotel.
3 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
"Wonderful!"
It was a honeymoon trip for us. The staff was very gracious and informative about the area. Grounds were beautiful and room was warm and inviting. Location was easily walkable to the square. The restaurant in the hotel was nice and breakfast room was beautiful. We plan to get back next time we are in Taos!
3 night romance trip Nov 7, 2014
"Much more than a hotel"
Took two days to see the Taos area. The Pueblo and historic sites were great, but the hotel turned out to be one of the best reasons to visit. Outstanding restaurant, beautiful grounds, and fantastic staff made the stay a highlight of our trip. The Monte Sagrado really fits into the resort category, and staff like Marcos and Adam make it happen.
2 night romance trip Nov 9, 2014
"Never Going Back"
At $250 a night stay one would expect a high end service. Upon arrival the valet were to take the bags to the room. After waiting about a 1/2 hour I had gone down to the valet where 3 people were standing around as well as my bags. I ended up taking them myself. At this point I decided to go to the bar for a glass of wine. The bar was quite and the bartender just walked away with out a work. I stood there for bit then left. I went back to the room and decided to get my car and go buy a bottle of wine. I called down to have my car brought up. I went down and nobody had heard that I wanted it. The service was poorly managed as well as the cleanliness of the property. In various parts of the property it was heavily leaved and full of cigarette butts. The place seems to not have much pride in cleanliness or customer service. I feel I would have had a better experience at a Super 8.
1 night trip Oct 18, 2014
"heavenly retreat"
Do yourself a favor and stay at this wonderful resort. It is a fabulous place! The hotel and landscaping are gorgeous with huge tree and numerous water features that create a serene, scenic environment. We loved the our suite, which was beautifully appointed and had many upscale features that made our stay a great experience. We look forward to our next stay!!
2 night romance trip Oct 1, 2014
Eve
"Perfect for our long weekend away."
Beautiful hotel during the Fall! Be prepared for the "little extras"- valet, parking fee, wi-fi fees. It adds up quickly.
4 night romance trip Oct 16, 2014
Carrie
"Very nice property"
Beautiful hotel with nice, comfirtable rooms. Location was also great. Only disappointment was that the room was not ready even though we arrived after 3pm and the hotel did not appear to be full.
1 night trip Oct 13, 2014
"Enchanted"
Went to Taos to see the sites and take the enchanted circle drive. Hotel was great, really no major complaints just minor issues.
1 night romance trip Oct 4, 2014
"Fantastic Weekend"
We loved our weekend getaway at the El Monte Sagrado. The hotel was beautiful and clean. Fantastic salt water pools and a gorgeous fire pit. We would definitely stay here again.
1 night trip Oct 3, 2014
Hilary
"Too short a stay!"
Was a wonderful but short two nights! Lovely room and property! We had dinner at the Anaconda bar both nights as were too tired from day trips to go out, Food was fantastic. Never got to spa but really enjoyed the grounds and easy walk to town!
2 night romance trip Oct 1, 2014
"great stay"
Great hotel, enjoyed our stay and we will return next time we are in the area.
1 night business trip Sep 26, 2014
"not a good stay"
My room was not cleaned from the last family. They would not move or up grade me so we went to the bar for a drink on the house...joke...we had to pay for our drinks because they only would pay for a house beer or wine. Our room was noisy all night from a broken air conditioner not to mention the ice machine was right out side of our door. This being a resort we wanted some spa time as advertised. They could not accommodate due to season. We left and went to another Hotel. Not worth the money
Response by El Monte Sagrado, Autograph Collection
I'm sorry for the misscommunication between house keeping and the Front Desk causing you to be accidentally checked into a room that had not yet been cleaned We were extremely full during your stay and there were no other rooms to move you to. When we are full it is always a good idea to make spa reservations in advance to guarantee availability.
2 night family trip Sep 25, 2014
Brad
"Cost to Park a Surprise"
I booked this hotel using Hotels.com. If Hotels.com provided info on the $20 per day parking charge, I did not notice it. However the hotel charges that rate even for self park and it is not posted on site. The charge appears on the hotel's website and that is why they believe it is ok to assess the charge. We liked the hotel but did not use the pool area as it did not appear to be up to the standards we expect from a four star hotel.
2 night romance trip Sep 25, 2014
"Disappointed stay."
My wife and I were in Santa Fe for our anniversary. For the last night of our trip we drove to Taos and booked the 1-bedroom suite for an evening. The bedding and room furnishings were very worn. The fire alarm in our room went off in the middle of the night. After we got back to sleep, we heard the maids slamming doors for several hours the next morning. We later discovered that the maid's supply room was right outside our bedroom window. When we checked out, I asked to speak to the front desk manager to tell them about the issues. His only response was "Thank you for your comments". If you do choose to stay at this hotel, do not stay in Room 9.
Response by El Monte Sagrado, Autograph Collection
So sorry for the noise. We have briefed the housekeepers to be more conscious of noise so as not to disturb guests.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
Beautiful property and spacious rooms. Although by no fault of the hotel, a huge water main broke in Taos and the area lost water service after we checked in and was not back up before our check out the next day. The staff did what they could to accomodate guests with bottled water, but as you can imagine, it put a strain on the service and somewhat reduced our comfort during our stay. Still, I would try this hotel again.
1 night trip Sep 18, 2014
"Better value elsewhere in tiny Taos."
Generally a pleasing way to stay in Taos. Beautiful grounds with lots of open space and gardens to wander and ponder within. However, with so much space and a car park to match in size, we really felt ripped off having to pay an additional $20 per day for parking our car in the open. We thoroughly enjoyed the styling of our modern room with its garden patio. The interior décor of the hotel common and eating areas is eclectic in the extreme. We wonder whether this bizarre and expensive mix up of Spanish and New Mexican styling combined with must-have facilities engineered for extreme cold weather is the folly of a rich oil baron who ignored the advice of his architect and employed his/her own spurious ideas? We travelled to Taos to experience its culture of creativity including the cuisine offered from its many restaurants. In our opinion and, surprisingly for a 4 starred establishment, not to be found at the hotel itself. The breakfast room, adjoining the very formal and overtly sterile restaurant is filled with plants left desperately stringy from need for fresh air. We ate our restaurant meal at the bar so we didn't have to sit in the overstuffed upright chairs of the formal restaurant. However, the breakfast foods were fresh, well thought out and delicious.
Other trip Sep 12, 2014
K & D
Wow !! Was wonderful to stay here!!! Beautiful! Especially loved the "in house" kitty that came to visit me on the deck!
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
"The best"
Very nice, top notch, highly recommend. Great service never a No! You will love the price too, very reasonable for this quality.
1 night trip Aug 13, 2014
"Really relaxing and sooo beautiful grounds!"
We had a really good time and the food at the restaurant was delicious. We ate there both nights. The atmosphere and customer service wherever we were in the hotel was impeccable! The only complaint we considered was the amount of rooms available and having people RIGHT next door to us, was confusing and constrained some of the privacy. We understand the 'why' of hotels placing their tenants close together to enable housekeeping an easier time, BUT the importance of a private getaway is very high to us because we work hard, and our time away, and alone is limited. Other than this, it was all good :)
2 night romance trip Aug 4, 2014
G&CB
"Incredible Hotel"
My wife and I have stayed at a number of Hotels, more and less expensive. This has been our all time favorite Hotel, ever. We would come back just to relax if we have the opportunity in the future.
1 night business trip Jul 7, 2014