All hotels in Reykjavik, Iceland
Adalstraeti 16, Reykjavik, IS-101, Iceland, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
"Fun location."
Enjoyed dinning in restaurants on nearby square and watching/photographing activities. Staff very helpful resolving tour booking problems.
Other trip May 20, 2013
Jean & Stan
"Great location and cute rooms"
The hotel is located within the restaurant and bar area, and five minutes walking to the harbour. The hotel breakfast was standard, but expensive. The staff were very helpful and kind. Excellent value for the money.
Other trip Apr 25, 2013
Christeen
The hotel was in a great location. near shopping. nice area to walk around in many types of foods to eat in the area.
2 night trip Apr 19, 2013
"Great Quiet Hotel in a nice location"
The hotel location is perfect for me - it's in the cute little old street of Reykjavik and not too far from the shopping area and restaurants (there's 1 coffee place right in front of the hotel and few more nearby - which was great if you're a coffee person in the morning). It was not noisy during night time, which was always helpful after spending busy and active days. The lobby area is designed in such a way to give you a bright and welcoming feeling. And it's surely helpful when you just arrived in Reykjavik really early in the morning. The hotel staff was always very informative and friendly. I booked for the single bed and I got upgraded to Double-bed room, so that was great. The only areas that need some improvements were the TV channels (I think there were only 2 channels in English) and free wi-fi (where most of other hotels have this included rather than an extra cost). For me, they were not an issue as you would spend your day out and about, so little time in watching TV at night or on the internet (and you can find wi-fi in most restaurants and even some day tour buses). In summary, I had a good experience staying here, hence the overall experience in Iceland.
Other trip Apr 15, 2013
Thee
"Nice hotel in a great location"
This hotel is in an excellent location -- very close to many restaurants and cafes. It's also in a quieter area which means less noise from bars and clubs when you're trying to sleep. Some of the staff seemed a little surly but they were all helpful and gave us the information/assistance that we needed. The best perk was that we arrived at the hotel around 7:30am and they allowed us to check-in immediately. This was great after an overnight flight.
Other trip Apr 10, 2013
Mallory
Great location and very clean. Nice breakfast buffet for 2,500 kr/pp. Wi-fi is extra.
1 night trip Mar 29, 2013
"PROS AND CONS"
I DID NOT KNOW THIS HOTEL DOES NOT OFFER BREAKFAST WITH THE BOOKING. ALSO I THOUGHT THE BREAKFAST PRICE WAS TOO EXPENSIVE AND THE INTERNET TOO MUCH AS WELL. i WAS PLEASED WITH THE QUIETNESS AND CLEANLINESS AND GREAT STAFF.
Other trip Mar 30, 2013
"Great hotel!"
Everything was great about the hotel except the fact that it had no fridge. There was a mini bar but it was stuffed. I would have like a fridge so we could have stored our own drinks and food. I would even with this highly recommend this hotel.
6 night family trip Mar 10, 2013
"Centrally locate hotel!"
This hotel was very accommodating, rooms were clean, bathrooms were very nice and a good size to European standards, and heated tiles not going to complain about that! Staff was very friendly and answered any questions I had. They offered a buffet breakfast every morning with a great selection, at the end of the trip you will need to pay for it, unless its included in your package. Located right in the city center lots of restaurants and pubs only two minutes away! I would highly recommend this hotel
Other trip Mar 21, 2013
Christina
"Highly recommend the hotel"
Very clean room with good maid service. Front desk staff are helpful in booking tours/suggestions of what to do and answering any questions. The breakfast buffet as well as cafe food is very good. Excellent in terms of location.
Other trip Mar 17, 2013
Kay
"PERFECT hotel!"
Our stay in Iceland was fabulous. Everything about the hotel was perfect, the staff, the food, the rooms and especially the location. We were walking distance to everything in the downtown and waterfront area. Reykjavik is a wonderful city with such cultural diversity, very safe and clean. We made a 25 year dream come true and memories to last lifetime.
Other trip Mar 17, 2013
Deborah
"Great Hotel in the Heart of Center City"
Hotel was great. Rooms were a little small but very clean and comfortable. Internet was not included. Rates were reasonable but service continued to get dropped. Could improve especially since I was paying for the service. Buffet Breakfast was expensive but well worth it. Hotel does not have parking so you are on your own if you bring a car.
2 night trip with friends Mar 7, 2013
"Efficient, Clean, Great Location, Helpful Staff"
Very efficient. Great central location. Extremely helpful reception staff in booking tours.
Other trip Feb 25, 2013
Alan
"Helpful staff, central location"
This was a modern and attractive hotel. The staff helped me with my concerns quickly and were always friendly and professional. The location is set back and may be a bit hard to locate for a traveller at first, but it is centrally located for city walking. Plenty of dining choices and cafes nearby. Only a block from the tourist information house.
Other trip Feb 21, 2013
unbelievable they charge for wifi. they charge everything
3 night trip Jan 24, 2013
Iceland is fantastic! Everything on our trip was great, including the hotel which was close to restaurants and city center. The cleanliness of the room was superb, and the service and hotel overall very charming and personal. The only disadvantage was that breakfast is not included.
2 night trip Jan 4, 2013
Maude
Location was unbelievable! I would recommend this hotel to everyone.
5 night trip Oct 27, 2012
"My go to iceland hotel-exceptional stay"
This is an ExCEPTIONAL hotel. One of the best and the only hotel I recommend to friends who are traveling to iceland. Everyone from the front of house to the cleaning crew does a top notch job. They really try and take care of you. And it's always quiet no matter how busy it is. A definite plus.
Other trip Dec 24, 2012
"Centrally located"
The hotel is in a great location in old town and there are many restaurants nearby. The rooms are not large but are very clean and furnished nicely. Wi-fi is extra. There is a happy hour in the bar and bar food is available as well. We would stay here again.
Other trip Nov 1, 2012
R.J.
"nice hotel in a great location"
I was surprised by a few little things. There were only 3-4 TV stations & they didn't even work most of the time. We couldn't find basic information such as weather conditions. They did have computers to use few of charge but of you wanted the password for your computer or smart phone they charged 1500 isk a day. ($12) Breakfast was also additional. I can't remember a hotel in Scandinavia that didn't include breakfast. As buffets go it was nice but I've had better ones that were free. The staff were friendly & extremely helpful during the Sandy issues. We had tho stay a couple extra days & they did give us a discount. All & all its a very nice hotel. I just expected more to be included.
Other trip Nov 1, 2012
Iceland Lover
"Broken Bad, Indifferent Desk Clerk"
Second stay in this hotel, two big issues this time. First issue: bed was broken, so that my side of the bed was slanted, and as a result I felt like I was falling off the bed all night long. Looking at it in the morning, it was obviously badly broken. So really lousy night's sleep. Second issue: When i told the desk clerk in the morning about this broken bed, he basically had no reaction, no sorry, nothing. He just said "ok". I told him not ok, to which I again didn't get much reaction. This particular guy had actually been not so helpful on our first stay when I told him about a problem with water in the shower flooding the bathroom floor. The desk clerk also wouldn't even give us 30 minutes late checkout, which seemed odd, hasn't happened to us anywhere before. The good news is that all other desk clerks and staff at the hotel were extremely nice and helpful, but this one guy should be in another line of work.
Other trip Oct 28, 2012
Joel
"Don't stress over hotel choices, this is the one."
Spacious room and bathroom! LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION! Easy walking distance to anywhere you need to go; harbour, museums, shopping and food. Alnost no other property that we saw had such a good location. Staff was helpful, breakfast was pretty standard, room service available.
Other trip Oct 28, 2012
"" Great hotel for families""
Hotel Centrum is located very centrally, close to the Lagevegur shopping and eating places. Hotel staff also arranged the Northern Lights Tour for us at short notice. They also took care of the Flybus shuttle pick up for the airport very meticulously. Overall we were happy with our stay in this hotel.
Other trip Oct 27, 2012
Ram
"Pricey but convenient"
The Centrum is right in down-town Reykjavik, on top of an archaelogical site and museum (which is great) and down the block from one of the tourist-information buildings. The staff were friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. I wasn't crazy about the electricity only working when one's key-card was in the slot in the wall (which wasn't identified; it appeared to merely be a no-smoking sign); I would have liked to be able to leave a light on when out in the evening, but I imagine it is more energy-efficient that way. They also have small safes right in the room; a real convenience if you need it. Breakfast was supposed to be included in the price but was actually an extra. It wasn't expensive, and the food was quite good, it was just a little irksome to be misled by the advertising. But if you want to be right in the heart of the sites for tourists, without being in a big impersonal place, the Centrum is great and the staff are wonderful.
2 night trip Oct 7, 2012
Katharine W
The hotel is perfectly situated for the central part of town. The rooms are fairly small but are clean and fresh.
3 night romance trip Sep 26, 2012
"Used to be a great hotel. Not anymore."
Once one of our favorite hotels in Reykjavik, this establishment is severely lacking in customer service. Most (but not all) of the front desk staff are aloof and don't treat guests like they Have on my previous visits. They're simply not welcoming and offer no help when requested. We've been customers since they opened, have stayed there 10 times or more, and usually for 5 - 6 days each time. Today we asked to check out half an hour late (reasonable by any hotel's standards) and were briskly told "absolute not, we're going to be full." Forget the bar off the lobby. It's a beautiful space but our waitress was not only slow and incompetent; she had a bad attitude as well. I suspect a change in management or ownership..... And that can ruin a great hotel. A couple of last points. Internet is very expensive, and if you choose to eat breakfast at the hotel, be prepared to pay about $40 for a party of two. We won't return.
Other trip Oct 20, 2012
Mr. Travel1000
"Great location to see Reykjavik"
The rooms were clean and the staff were all helpful.
Other trip Oct 19, 2012
great location, near grocery store, ATM, and several restuarants. Off the main street so noise is not a problem.
Other trip Oct 15, 2012
Gail
"Very nice"
Loved the location. It was the reason we booked our stay here. Our only negatives were no complimentary breakfast, which we were aware of, and no WiFi unless you paid extra. The room was very nice.
1 night romance trip Oct 8, 2012
Gail K
"Need more time in Iceland"
We loved Iceland and the Hotel Centrum was perfectly placed. It is a small hotel located in a picturesque part of the city. Other large hotels are in ugly commercial strips. A great Resturant the Fish Market is a couple doors away so foodies should get reservations as soon as they arrive. We stayed 2 nights in Iceland and did the Blue Lagoon and the Golden Circle tour. We also strolled around Reykjavik , up the hill from the Hotel is a cemetery, a history museum, and then you can come down the hill by the "pond" for some nice views. We suggest a three day stay so you won't feel so rushed and you can get over jet lag before going on to Europe.
Other trip Oct 7, 2012
Jon and Maggie
"Close to shops and cafes"
Good location, room clean, though on the small side as are many European hotels, staff was helpful in arranging for tours and checking on flight information. Wifi service expensive with hourly or daily charges. Hotel atmosphere is bright and hospitable, though associated restaurant prices are quite expensive if you are spending US dollars.
Family trip Sep 25, 2012
Great Hotel in excellent downtown location
Other trip Sep 11, 2012
peter
"Liked it!"
I love Iceland.
Other trip Sep 9, 2012
"Not a good value for your dollar"
The hotel is overpriced and service is on the chilly side. My room wasn't available at check in and, rather than offer me a complimentary breakfast during the extended wait, they invited me to purchase a meal while I wait. How thoughtful. Once it was available, I wanted to crash for an hour. Unfortunately, this was interrupted within 15 minutes by the maid service who apparently thought the room needing cleaning again. And fully ignoring the Do Not Disturb sign. Good location, clean, but overpriced and noisy. Since there are plenty other options in the area, what's the point?
Other trip Sep 6, 2012
JM
"Great hotel in Reykjavik"
Very nice hotel in the heart of the city with easy walking access to great restaurants and shopping.
Other trip Sep 6, 2012

Perfect place to relax during the ATP festival. Beautiful part of Reykjavik
3 night romance trip Jul 2, 2015
stuart
"Miss This Delightful Hotel Already"
The staff was very accommodating and saw to our every need. We had a wonderful dinner in the hotel that I give a 5 star rating. The buffet breakfast had a variety of items from which to choose. The salmon was so delicious it was like it melted in your mouth! Happy hour was exactly that "a happy time was had by all". Stellar service!
2 night romance trip Jul 2, 2015
Veronica
Great Country, Amazing Scenery, Blue Lagoon is a must, Whale watching wrap up warm, but no whales, but free tickets to go back as no whales seen.
Other trip May 22, 2015
Emily and Joe
"Letting off steam in Reykjavik!"
Lovely hotel, very central location. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The general laid back and relaxed atmosphere of Reykjavik was shown perfectly in the hotel. The reception staff were very knowledgeable about trips and excursions and were happy to share their recommendations and help us with the booking.
Other trip May 12, 2015
"Lovely hotel and great location"
Really good spot in old part and very near old fishing area . Bar nice and food good if you want bit simpler meal . What really excelled was the staff who really are wonderwho. Will stay again and highly recommend. Married on Reykjvik and love Iceland . 3rd visit and intend many more .
Other trip May 6, 2015
Abbypad
"Brilliant central location"
Friendly staff and comfortable room. Perfect location. Breakfast a bit overpriced for the choice available
Other trip May 4, 2015
"Stopover"
A great place for a stopover.
1 night romance trip Apr 29, 2015
"Great hotel in an excellent location"
We stayed here for 4 nights in April. I don't think we could have picked a better location. The hotel is only a couple of minutes from some lovely restaurants, the shopping areas & the gray line station where a lot of tours leave from, yet being a street away means there's no noise. Our room was really clean and comfortable, although I don't know why there's 2 single duvets on a double bed (seems to be a Scandanivian thing, not just this hotel). The bar area was nice to sit and relax in, particularly for happy hour (5-7pm!) before heading out in the evening. There was a good selection at breakfast too. I'd be more than happy to stay here again.
4 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015
Paula
"Helpful staff, convenience location"
I had dinner at the restaurant last week. It's excellent. You must try lamb and the blue mussels!
Other trip Apr 23, 2015
Remi
"good base for exploring"
quick check in, friendly staff. Stayed in single room on ground floor - good sized room, very clean and comfy bed. Room did quite warm, even with the heating off. Easy to explore the city on foot and close to the harbor if you plan on any boat trips. Plenty of shops, bars and restaurants within walking distance. City museums easy to reach on foot.
Other trip Apr 16, 2015
"An excellent city hotel!"
We enjoyed a lovely 5 night stay...great room, very convenient location, friendly helpful staff...recommended!!
Other trip Apr 15, 2015
mark
"Lovely hotel in a great location"
The Centrum Hotel in Reykjavik turned out to be a real plus on our trip to Iceland. The rooms were good, comfortbale, warm and clean. The stff were friendly and helpful and we took advantage of the lounge bar for a couple of hours each day (except one) which we found to be a really relaxing and comfortbale place to sit, chat, read and watch the world go by outside. We also ate in the bar a couple of times and the food was excellent.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
"4 Nights & Northern Lights"
In a fantastic location, with a great bar and restaurant. It's true as some others have said that the bedrooms can get rather warm, but it was very cold outside when we were there and you can turn the radiators down or off if you absolutely feel you must. A great stay, capped off by seeing a spectacular Northern Lights display.
4 night romance trip Mar 15, 2015
Stewart
"Great central hotel - would recommend"
We suffered travel disruption to Iceland both on our outward and return journey and on both occasions the staff were most helpful in assisting us in sorting things out. The hotel is comfortable, in a good location and the rooms a reasonable size with good amenities.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
Jan
"Lovely warm hotel in the centre of Reykjavik"
After a week on the south coast in blizzards, hail storms and very occasionally sunshine, it was wonderful to spend a couple of nights in this hotel. Warm, comfortable and the central location made it ideal for the end of the holiday. All the staff were friendly and spoke excellent english, the breakfast was good and I can't thing of anything that the hotel could have done better.
2 night trip Mar 8, 2015