All hotels in Reykjavik, Iceland
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights hereAdalstraeti 16, Reykjavik, IS-101, Iceland, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
"Efficient, Clean, Great Location, Helpful Staff"
Very efficient. Great central location. Extremely helpful reception staff in booking tours.
Other trip Feb 25, 2013
Alan
"Helpful staff, central location"
This was a modern and attractive hotel. The staff helped me with my concerns quickly and were always friendly and professional. The location is set back and may be a bit hard to locate for a traveller at first, but it is centrally located for city walking. Plenty of dining choices and cafes nearby. Only a block from the tourist information house.
Other trip Feb 21, 2013
unbelievable they charge for wifi. they charge everything
3 night trip Jan 24, 2013
Iceland is fantastic! Everything on our trip was great, including the hotel which was close to restaurants and city center. The cleanliness of the room was superb, and the service and hotel overall very charming and personal. The only disadvantage was that breakfast is not included.
2 night trip Jan 4, 2013
Maude
Location was unbelievable! I would recommend this hotel to everyone.
5 night trip Oct 27, 2012
"My go to iceland hotel-exceptional stay"
This is an ExCEPTIONAL hotel. One of the best and the only hotel I recommend to friends who are traveling to iceland. Everyone from the front of house to the cleaning crew does a top notch job. They really try and take care of you. And it's always quiet no matter how busy it is. A definite plus.
Other trip Dec 24, 2012
"Centrally located"
The hotel is in a great location in old town and there are many restaurants nearby. The rooms are not large but are very clean and furnished nicely. Wi-fi is extra. There is a happy hour in the bar and bar food is available as well. We would stay here again.
Other trip Nov 1, 2012
R.J.
"nice hotel in a great location"
I was surprised by a few little things. There were only 3-4 TV stations & they didn't even work most of the time. We couldn't find basic information such as weather conditions. They did have computers to use few of charge but of you wanted the password for your computer or smart phone they charged 1500 isk a day. ($12) Breakfast was also additional. I can't remember a hotel in Scandinavia that didn't include breakfast. As buffets go it was nice but I've had better ones that were free. The staff were friendly & extremely helpful during the Sandy issues. We had tho stay a couple extra days & they did give us a discount. All & all its a very nice hotel. I just expected more to be included.
Other trip Nov 1, 2012
Iceland Lover
"Broken Bad, Indifferent Desk Clerk"
Second stay in this hotel, two big issues this time. First issue: bed was broken, so that my side of the bed was slanted, and as a result I felt like I was falling off the bed all night long. Looking at it in the morning, it was obviously badly broken. So really lousy night's sleep. Second issue: When i told the desk clerk in the morning about this broken bed, he basically had no reaction, no sorry, nothing. He just said "ok". I told him not ok, to which I again didn't get much reaction. This particular guy had actually been not so helpful on our first stay when I told him about a problem with water in the shower flooding the bathroom floor. The desk clerk also wouldn't even give us 30 minutes late checkout, which seemed odd, hasn't happened to us anywhere before. The good news is that all other desk clerks and staff at the hotel were extremely nice and helpful, but this one guy should be in another line of work.
Other trip Oct 28, 2012
Joel
"Don't stress over hotel choices, this is the one."
Spacious room and bathroom! LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION! Easy walking distance to anywhere you need to go; harbour, museums, shopping and food. Alnost no other property that we saw had such a good location. Staff was helpful, breakfast was pretty standard, room service available.
Other trip Oct 28, 2012
"" Great hotel for families""
Hotel Centrum is located very centrally, close to the Lagevegur shopping and eating places. Hotel staff also arranged the Northern Lights Tour for us at short notice. They also took care of the Flybus shuttle pick up for the airport very meticulously. Overall we were happy with our stay in this hotel.
Other trip Oct 27, 2012
Ram
"Pricey but convenient"
The Centrum is right in down-town Reykjavik, on top of an archaelogical site and museum (which is great) and down the block from one of the tourist-information buildings. The staff were friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. I wasn't crazy about the electricity only working when one's key-card was in the slot in the wall (which wasn't identified; it appeared to merely be a no-smoking sign); I would have liked to be able to leave a light on when out in the evening, but I imagine it is more energy-efficient that way. They also have small safes right in the room; a real convenience if you need it. Breakfast was supposed to be included in the price but was actually an extra. It wasn't expensive, and the food was quite good, it was just a little irksome to be misled by the advertising. But if you want to be right in the heart of the sites for tourists, without being in a big impersonal place, the Centrum is great and the staff are wonderful.
2 night trip Oct 7, 2012
Katharine W
The hotel is perfectly situated for the central part of town. The rooms are fairly small but are clean and fresh.
3 night romance trip Sep 26, 2012
"Used to be a great hotel. Not anymore."
Once one of our favorite hotels in Reykjavik, this establishment is severely lacking in customer service. Most (but not all) of the front desk staff are aloof and don't treat guests like they Have on my previous visits. They're simply not welcoming and offer no help when requested. We've been customers since they opened, have stayed there 10 times or more, and usually for 5 - 6 days each time. Today we asked to check out half an hour late (reasonable by any hotel's standards) and were briskly told "absolute not, we're going to be full." Forget the bar off the lobby. It's a beautiful space but our waitress was not only slow and incompetent; she had a bad attitude as well. I suspect a change in management or ownership..... And that can ruin a great hotel. A couple of last points. Internet is very expensive, and if you choose to eat breakfast at the hotel, be prepared to pay about $40 for a party of two. We won't return.
Other trip Oct 20, 2012
Mr. Travel1000
"Great location to see Reykjavik"
The rooms were clean and the staff were all helpful.
Other trip Oct 19, 2012
great location, near grocery store, ATM, and several restuarants. Off the main street so noise is not a problem.
Other trip Oct 15, 2012
Gail
"Very nice"
Loved the location. It was the reason we booked our stay here. Our only negatives were no complimentary breakfast, which we were aware of, and no WiFi unless you paid extra. The room was very nice.
1 night romance trip Oct 8, 2012
Gail K
"Need more time in Iceland"
We loved Iceland and the Hotel Centrum was perfectly placed. It is a small hotel located in a picturesque part of the city. Other large hotels are in ugly commercial strips. A great Resturant the Fish Market is a couple doors away so foodies should get reservations as soon as they arrive. We stayed 2 nights in Iceland and did the Blue Lagoon and the Golden Circle tour. We also strolled around Reykjavik , up the hill from the Hotel is a cemetery, a history museum, and then you can come down the hill by the "pond" for some nice views. We suggest a three day stay so you won't feel so rushed and you can get over jet lag before going on to Europe.
Other trip Oct 7, 2012
Jon and Maggie
"Close to shops and cafes"
Good location, room clean, though on the small side as are many European hotels, staff was helpful in arranging for tours and checking on flight information. Wifi service expensive with hourly or daily charges. Hotel atmosphere is bright and hospitable, though associated restaurant prices are quite expensive if you are spending US dollars.
Family trip Sep 25, 2012
Great Hotel in excellent downtown location
Other trip Sep 11, 2012
peter
"Liked it!"
I love Iceland.
Other trip Sep 9, 2012
"Not a good value for your dollar"
The hotel is overpriced and service is on the chilly side. My room wasn't available at check in and, rather than offer me a complimentary breakfast during the extended wait, they invited me to purchase a meal while I wait. How thoughtful. Once it was available, I wanted to crash for an hour. Unfortunately, this was interrupted within 15 minutes by the maid service who apparently thought the room needing cleaning again. And fully ignoring the Do Not Disturb sign. Good location, clean, but overpriced and noisy. Since there are plenty other options in the area, what's the point?
Other trip Sep 6, 2012
JM
"Great hotel in Reykjavik"
Very nice hotel in the heart of the city with easy walking access to great restaurants and shopping.
Other trip Sep 6, 2012
"Minuses outweigh pluses"
The lighting in the room was dreadful. If the overhead lights were off, the bedside lights did not provide sufficient light to read....had to get out a booklight. The duvet was way too heavy for summer. No lighter alternative was available. The charge for internet connection was ridiculously high as was the cost to place a "800" call to th states. Would have expected a continental breakfast for the price. On the plus side location is great and the staff helpful.
Other trip Sep 1, 2012
cee
"Centrum is centrally located"
Not cheap, but well situated and well run with a good staff.
Other trip Aug 21, 2012
"Great Stay!"
Everything was GREAT! While there the old adage saying "Your hotel room quality will be in direct reverse of the time allowed for your stay" came to mind as soon as we arrived! ALAS! We only had one night in this GEM!!
Romance trip Aug 18, 2012
QBS
"Great location and staff. Very comfortable."
Great location. Responsive staff. Clean and comfortable rooms.
Other trip Aug 13, 2012
Alan
"Superb location, friendly and helpful staff"
The only drawback was that the rooms are very small, but we would definitely stay there again because of the location, cleanliness, and friendly and helpful staff. These far outweigh the drawback of room size.
Other trip Aug 5, 2012
"Good but..."
Great stay: clean comfortable lobby, great breakfast, and comfortable if a bit small room. Unfortunately my phone disappeared from my room. I suspect some funny business but can't be certain.
Trip with friends Aug 3, 2012
"?"
My son and I really enjoyed our stay with you. Great location near everything we wanted to see in Reykjavik, including wonderful restaurants. Being so near the plaza gave us a sense of how vibrant and energetic, and sun-loving,Icelanders are. Our room was clean and quiet. The staff was very welcoming and helpful. If we return we will stay again with you for sure.Thank you.
Family trip Jul 19, 2012
Fred
"Glad that we have stayed here!"
Central location yet still provides a quiet environment. The merit is that it is close to but not directly facing the Plaza (where skate-boarders and the motor-cyclist gang gather every evening). We stayed in a standard twin room for 3 nights which is not big but comfortable enough. Eventhough night-time is still filled with sunlight at this season and the room could not be completely dark after all the curtain are drawn, we could still sleep well. The hotel lobby and bar area is nicely decorated and gives a cosy feel. The Tjornin Lake and City Hall are just 10 min walk away. It is enjoyable to do a lessure walk around the lake, especially in the morning. The tourist-popular restaurant "Fish Market" and "Design Centre" are just next door to the hotel. We have also stayed in other hotels nearby (as rooms are not available in Centrum for the full period of our trip) which are even more expensive. However, we certainly think that we enjoy the stay at Centrum much much more. It is good value for money and Centrum adds good memories to our Iceland trip. We would love to go back to Centrum if we visit Reykjavik again.
Other trip Jul 15, 2012
Pamela
"comfortable, fun and clean!"
Highly recommend this hotel.
Family trip Jul 4, 2012
ebc
"Unbeatable Central Location"
Friendliness of staff could have been much better. Very central location, I did not need a rental car, just walked every where. Slight water damage and smell in the 2nd floor hallway, but otherwise very clean hotel. Internet and breakfast is not included when purchased through Hotels.com. Allowed me to store luggage in large closet when I was early for my reservation and after I checked out, very convenient option that I appreciated. Shower has no wall or curtain, very weird but didn't bother me too much. Best feature is there is direct bus service to and from the airport from this hotel (not free). Overall, I would stay here again.
Other trip Jun 28, 2012
"Too expensive for OK room"
The hotel was fine, but the rates did not include internet access or breakfast, and I thought it was overpriced. The TV is old and small, without HD or many channels. There was only Sky TV news (Murdoch) and no BBC or CNN.
Business trip Jun 20, 2012
"Great location, expensive, no frills, but good."
The hotel was very nice and centrally located. The breakfast was very high quality (although we thought it was included, it was not) The bed was ok. The cleaning staff was very good. I would recommend this a a pretty efficient and nice hotel. The wireless internet was an extra charge, and the television was an extra charge for movies, as only about 4 channels worked. All in all, a good experience.
Other trip Jun 12, 2012
"Great hotel great location"
Staff was extremely accommodating. Had our room ready for early arrival at 9:00 am and gave us an upgrade. Location was the best. Could walk to everything including harbor for boat tours. Would highly recommend for both price and convenience.
Other trip Jun 12, 2012
Jlovava's Mia
"Eva and Daniele Two great employees!"
I would like to tell you that Eva and Danille made our stay feel right at home. You are very lucky to have two wonderfula and pleasant employees. They went out of there way to help us each and every day. Please let them know how much we enjoyed talking to them and having them greet us every morining for our coffee.
Other trip Jun 2, 2012
"Great time!"
They did a great job even when things weren't working. Our TV broke and even after making every effort to fix it, they gave us the option of changing rooms or free internet access. Wasn't that nice? Most hotels would have had said, "Sorry." The staff was great. Very helpful in making decisions about side trips, restaurants and more. Can't wait to go back.
Other trip Jun 2, 2012
"Great location in Reykjavik"
Great location, and incredibly helpful staff. They helped me plan a couple excursions, provided restaurant recommendations, and were friendly and genuine. The location was close to everything, which was great. On the down side, this is billed as a four-star hotel. Maybe the standards in Reykjavik are quite different, but it is definitely not a luxurious 4-star hotel by American standards--it's not the Four Seasons by any stretch. A single room is a twin bed, no workout facility/pool, etc. It's clean and bright, but it's not a luxury stay. If you know that going in, it's the perfect place to stay in Reykjavik with a great staff!
Other trip May 29, 2012
Allison

"Stopover"
A great place for a stopover.
1 night romance trip Apr 29, 2015
"Great hotel in an excellent location"
We stayed here for 4 nights in April. I don't think we could have picked a better location. The hotel is only a couple of minutes from some lovely restaurants, the shopping areas & the gray line station where a lot of tours leave from, yet being a street away means there's no noise. Our room was really clean and comfortable, although I don't know why there's 2 single duvets on a double bed (seems to be a Scandanivian thing, not just this hotel). The bar area was nice to sit and relax in, particularly for happy hour (5-7pm!) before heading out in the evening. There was a good selection at breakfast too. I'd be more than happy to stay here again.
4 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015
Paula
"4 Nights & Northern Lights"
In a fantastic location, with a great bar and restaurant. It's true as some others have said that the bedrooms can get rather warm, but it was very cold outside when we were there and you can turn the radiators down or off if you absolutely feel you must. A great stay, capped off by seeing a spectacular Northern Lights display.
4 night romance trip Mar 15, 2015
Stewart
"Lovely warm hotel in the centre of Reykjavik"
After a week on the south coast in blizzards, hail storms and very occasionally sunshine, it was wonderful to spend a couple of nights in this hotel. Warm, comfortable and the central location made it ideal for the end of the holiday. All the staff were friendly and spoke excellent english, the breakfast was good and I can't thing of anything that the hotel could have done better.
2 night trip Mar 8, 2015
Hilary
"Delightful Hotel in Perfect Location"
I would highly recommend this hotel on every level. We chose it for its location and it did not disappoint, being minutes from Tjörnin Lake, the harbour and the Grayline departure point. All the staff we met were unfailingly cheerful, helpful and friendly and really made us welcome. The hotel is attractive to look at - a rarity in Iceland and our room was spacious, comfortable and very well equipped. The hotel restaurant had a small but well made selection and we enjoyed our meal. We are very pleased we chose to stay there!
3 night trip with friends Feb 26, 2015
Jay
We had a free at stay last weekend hotel centrum and would recommend to all. There were 3 adults in 1 room which was very spacious.
3 night trip with friends Feb 20, 2015
"Well located hotel"
Good Hotel central location for tourist area easy access to shops and dining. Food at the hotel very good.
1 night family trip Feb 15, 2015
"Nice Hotel right in the middle of town"
This was a delightful stay in Iceland with a well run and comfortable hotel in the middle of the town within easy walking distance from the shops and the harbour
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
"Nice hotel close to everything"
This hotel is nice. Cute. Very close to everything which is nice. But also tucked away nicely so that you don't get all the noise from the screaming late nighters. A few disappointments... The rooms are so small and somewhat outdated, the TV only has 5 channels which is horrible considering the weather sometimes keeps you indoors. Especially at night when you want to relax for a little bit. Also no thermostat in room...we found it way to hot and had the window open 24/7 in the middle of winter. And sadly some staff were snotty. Not wanting to help much and when they did it seemed like a hassle... But 75% of them were lovely and very helpful! Unfortunately the bad stand out a lot more than the good sometimes. Overall I would recommend this hotel it's got a lot of charm to it as well.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
Jenny
"Perfect location but with faults"
Bang in the centre of Reykjavik the hotel is perfectly located for exploring. Friendly service and a well sized room however it was incredibly hot which made for uncomfortable nights sleep. Ensure you master the air con as soon as you arrive. Bar was convenient and had a daily happy hour. Didn't try the breakfast as better to go out and explore; there's a nice coffee shop directly opposite the hotel. Decent base camp for a visit to Reykjavik but Icelandic ratings are generally higher than how we rate in the UK. UK rating would give this place three stars which better reflects its standard.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
"Great hotel, excellent location."
Friendly staff, helped us book all trips. Comfortable room and lovely bar area, great food. Location excellent for all sightseeing.
Other trip Feb 7, 2015