All hotels in Bridgetown, Barbados

Clean
    Great room
    Food is all right
  • Value for money
    Fairly good value for money
"Spring Break 2015"
I had conducted much research online prior to deciding on the Hilton Resort & I feel I made an adequate choice in staying there for my Spring Break vacation after visiting the island & seeing the other options. I would give this resort no more than 3.5 stars. The rooms were clean & the staff was friendly. The concierge (Audrey) was very helpful & full of great insight about activities & restaurants on the island. The location of the hotel was just a quick bus ride away from St. Lawrence Gap which had multiple restaurants, bars, & live music. The resort is also about a 5 minute bus ride to Bridgetown but there wasn't much there worthwhile. The beach at the resort was lovely, the water was safe to swim in & the waves weren't big. The lounge chairs, umbrellas, & towels don't cost anything extra.The pools were beautiful & clean, sadly the hot tub kept breaking when I was there so it was more of a cold tub. The spa was wonderful, they really spoil you! It was very clean, relaxing, & reasonably priced. As far as negatives, the food at all of the restaurants onsite was nothing to brag about & it was highly priced for it was. The resort adds a VAT tax & a service charge onto everything. I would eat elsewhere as much as possible. The waitstaff on the beach was also very slow, you'd be better to get your drinks or food by going up to the bar yourself. The activities have potential to be improved, I was disappointed with the Open Mic & the Bonfire events. Overall, I had a splendid time!
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
Brandy
Pools and beach were great. Staff was friendly, courteous and helpful. Overall excellent stay. Two things to make it better. Room keys need work. Better booklet showing what is available.
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
Ray
"Great hotel."
Nice room, great value, wonderful service, beautiful beach. All in all, a great family vacation.
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
"Great vacation spot!"
My husband and I spent seven nights at the resort and our only regret is not staying longer. The hotel was beautiful and the staff were incredibly friendly. The pool and beach were awesome and we had no trouble getting chairs (with umbrellas) daily. We booked trips with the in-hotel tour desk and got advice from them for off-site dining, too. Cabs were always waiting outside if you wanted to take a quick trip and the bus stop was also a short walk from the hotel. The hotel was a fun starting off point for exploring Barbados and we'd love to return. Also, a business conference was going on while we were staying at the Hilton and it didn't cramp our style at all. We hardly noticed them. Overall a perfect vacation experience!
Other trip Mar 12, 2015
"Great hotel, but terrible WiFi"
We very much enjoyed having so many types of outdoor access--sun, shade, hammocks, umbrellas, great beach towels, yummy tropical drinks, etc. The main dining room was elegant and had terrific food. The hotel is just a few steps away from one of the best restaurant lunches on the island (Brown Sugar) and across the street from a vendor who sells wonderful cutters (sandwiches). The staff, from bell captains to room cleaners, are friendly and helpful. The only knock against it is that dependable WiFi is only available in the hotel lobby. We could not stay connected in our hotel room, even when we tried to pay for highspeed service.
Other trip Mar 7, 2015
Xtremegardener
"Good Beach."
We waited sitting around in the uncomfortable lobby for about 6 hours. We spent some time at the pool until showers drove everyone inside. The staff seemed fairly friendly and handled the overbooking and delayed check outs extremely well. I never had any negative contact with your reception people. They were doing a great job of smoothing over the long wait.
Other trip Mar 6, 2015
Cruise Layover
"Awesome family property- will definitely come back"
My daughter and I vacationed here. We were very pleased w the property and staff. We won't forget Claudette
Other trip Feb 25, 2015
elizabeth
"Great accommodations on the beach"
The overall stay was great. The Hilton facilities were superb. The Hilton staff was very friendly, helpful and professional.
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
Eliza
"Perfect for our family!"
Overall great experience, great staff and accommodations. One caveat: We had a pretty bad experience at the Grille restaurant at Hilton Lighthouse was great though. Not earth-shatteringly good food, but better than expected. Right down the street, Brown Sugar restaurant serves wonderful Bajan food with immaculate service and great atmosphere. We will be going back!
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
Constantine
"Beautiful location with sheltered beach."
Good service. Nice facilities. Great for a weekend away.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
"Just as Good Now as we Honeymooned here 36 Yr. ago"
Fantastic Resort! Friendly Staff! Very serene and relaxing! Just as we remembered 36 years ago on our Honeymoon when we stayed at the original Barbados Hilton. Loved it then and loved every minute of our stay again this time. Look forward to returning to Barbados again in the near future.
Peter Z.
"Wonderful time in Barbados"
Our stay at the Barbados Hilton exceeded by far our expectations. The hotel is in immaculate condition, the staff are very friendly, and the gym is first riate. I would not say that the food available at the hotel was more than adequate, but there are many restaurants of high-quality in the vicinity. Barbados is a lovely and relatively prosperous island with friendly people. One feels safe there, unlike some other places in the Caribbean.
jJim
"Great hotel, great location"
We enjoyed 8 beautiful days in Barbados. The Hilton's location is fantastic. It sits on a point where a lighthouse once stood. A bay and Bridgetown are on one side and the Caribbean is on the other. Perfect!
Marty
"Lovely facility but service subpar"
We stayed at the Hilton over the long Valentine's Day/President's Day weekend and I must say we were very disappointed. We routinely encountered staff that could not be bothered to pay attention to us, with long waits. A few examples: standing for at least 20 min near the tourism desk without even being acknowledged by the woman who is there to book trips for guests; waiting 45 min for food at the pool bar not once, but twice; waiting at least 15-20 min from the time we sat at any bar til the time a drink we ordered came; asking for hot sauce at the restaurant multiple times to have it never arrive before we just ate the food; waiting at the restaurant for 15-20 min before a waiter or waitress even asked if we wanted water. The second time I went to the restaurant I just picked up my stuff and left, I was so frustrated. Another time, I left the pool bar. These sound like minor complaints but they add up. If every time you want to get a drink or eat some food or book a trip or check in/out, you have to wait that long, the whole experience ends up being bad. We learned from someone at the hotel that the manager came in last year with a mandate to cut costs and fired a bunch of the staff, leading to lower quality service and fewer people doing the same amount of work. That makes sense to some degree -- the bartenders also had to clean tables, cut limes, wash glasses, etc -- but there were times when we were just outright ignored by staff that was inexcusable. I would not go back
Lauren
"Caribbean Nightmare"
The pictures of this pricey resort attest to the ability of Photoshop. They show a modern, glitzy building, but the reality is that it's a rundown shack. Service is slower than Caribbean molasses. Our room had a major design flaw- the shower was either scalding hot or ice cold. We reported this and were told it was fixed. The next morning, I burned my skin. We got zero compensation for this, not even a complementary drink. The hotel was woefully understocked. Unbelievably, the bar had no limes, the restaurant had no drawn butter for a lobster tail, and we had to pay extra for a plate of dinner rolls. At $400 per night, I'd think long and hard before booking this.
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
"Beautiful Views of the Beach"
My stay was too short. This was my first trip to Barbados and I will be back. The hotel is beautiful with the open air areas you expect within the Caribbean. The beach area is beautiful and has two levied off areas for swimming. The hotel is centrally located for ease of going other places (Other beaches or areas). It also has one of the best restaurants on the island (Brown Sugar) within walking distance.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
Maureen
"Barbados"
Everything was wonderful: from the hotel, staff, food quality,cleanliness, ocean view.
Other trip Feb 6, 2015
Nicole
"A hook in my heart, Barbados!"
Awesome, I will be back. Loved the temperature, humidity and people. The coral island is a Gem! The drinking water was very good, right from the tap.
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
MW
"Fabulous"
We Discovered Barbados' local cuisine Beaches and people. Loved it all.
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
pam and sue
"Great beach"
Great help from the concierge (Marigold) to find out if our Delta flight to New York was operational it was !
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
Anthony
"Great place to stay in Bridgetown!"
One of our most relaxing getaways! Friendly staff, beautiful hotel and beach. Delicious drinks. Ask for the dirty banana with chocolate sauce! Only complaint was the spa. It was under renovation but they were offering private beach massaged. The staff made last minute dinner reservations for us every night. However the food here is outstanding!
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
"Good hotel for 4 stars"
Good location near beach, but you will not be able to swim. Always waves. No problems with sun beds.Helpful staff. Breakfast is so so. Good BBQ time. Price is ok. Mostly people 40+
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
Shumi
"Hilton Quality with a Bajan Distinction"
I was delighted with every aspect of my stay at the Barbados Hilton. While it provides the level of comfort and service I expect from a Hilton, there was a distinctly foreign flavor that let me know I was not just having the same experience I would have if I had gone to Florida instead. I travel solo and this hotel staff made me feel welcome every moment of my stay.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
Jack
Nice Location, staff needs to communicate better to guests.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
Hotel has declined since my last visit around five to six years ago. The majority of staff was friendly but those who were not were very rude. I found that many staff appeared to give the British Guest "Royal" treatment, but their response to us an African American and a returning Barbadian was not equal. On my first visit to the Executive lounge I asked the Hostess what time they served Evening snacks, her reply was that It can be found in the letter I received when I checked in. The very next day the same question was asked by another Guest and she went over every detail of their services and continued to clarify it after the Guest was still unsure of the times. On another occasion I went to sit in a seat which appeared to be vacant and I was told by a staff member that "Their is a Gentle Man sitting here" so I asked where we could sit and she said we need to look around. Another Guest kindly told us that their was an adjacent room where seats were available. Their were many other instances were this kind of behavior was exhibited. I have always enjoyed my stay at Hilton Hotels but this time it was disappointing.
Response by Hilton Barbados Resort
Dear Guest, We are so sorry that your last visit to Hilton Barbados Resort did not meet your expectations, and that you thought our guests were treated differently based on color or nationality. This is one area that we usually pride ourselves on--treating everyone equally. Would you mind writing to me directly at shireene.tulloch@hilton.com so that we may have the opportunity to communicate directly about your experience? We would not like to think that this could have been your last visit to our beautiful hotel. I look forward to hearing from you. With kind regards, Shireene Mathlin-Tulloch Director- Operations
Other trip Jan 17, 2015
"Good place to chill out!"
We stayed here at the end of our trip after exploring possibly every single mile of this island and we were in the mood to chill out. We were on executive level and enjoyed breakfast and evening appetizers. Room clean and hotel service very accommodating. The location, great. You can walk to some restaurants. Pools are nice and they have some basic items for playing in the water. There is a surf/paddle board rental walking distance.
1 night family trip Jan 6, 2015
Heidi
"Lovely people who work there."
The beach was beautiful, the room nice and clean, and the help were so sweet. Snorkeling with the turtles was a blast! We loved it and would visit again. Don't bother going into Bridgetown, it/s really run down and disgusting. Take a taxi to Sandy Lane Beach there is a nice mall there with good shopping.
Other trip Jan 7, 2015
Laurie
"Overall a very nice hotel. Staff very friendly."
Service in restaurants can be slow. Although this seems to be normal in Barbados. Staff overall is friendly and helpful. The views are terrific.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
"Lovely hotel on the beach"
Our stay at the Hilton was wonderful. Gina (the front desk clerk) was very friendly and professional. The staff were all very nice and helpful. The room was spacious and clean. We had a view of the beautiful ocean from our balcony. My family and I enjoyed our stay and have told several of our friends about it.
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
Dennis
"Fabulous resort in Barbados"
Friendly staff. Very Clean. Large rooms. Able to check in at 9:30 am, almost 6 hours earlier than stated check in time! Unheard of in the hotel industry. Plus gave extra hour after checkout time. Beautiful pool and beach. Great food. What else is there to say!! Oh, yes the rate was incredible for the amenities. Loved Barbados in general, and this hotel was one reason why.
1 night romance trip Dec 6, 2014
cindy
"NO A/C for 50% of our stay"
Ok first thing everyone in Barbados is very friendly and tourism is very organized and professional which made the trip nice. I wish I could say the hotel was nice, without AC in the evening I could not sleep at all. I was there with my wife celebrating our anniversary without my kids for our first vacation without them in 7 years I was expecting to be able to relax after hot days touring and on the beautiful beaches but that was not the case. The customer service managers were friendly but it really put a damper on our trip overall. We picked a Hilton feeling because it is a worldwide reputable hotel chain but honestly I will never go to a Hilton again after this experience got for a Marriott, Weston, Hyatt or Sheraton. This problem with the AC only proved the incompetence of the facilities management and GM who's ultimately responsible for the comfort of his guests!
4 night romance trip Nov 24, 2014
"Nice beach hotel with few issues."
Although it is not a luxurious 5-star hotel, it is a good hotel overall. Our ocean front room on the 8th floor was nice and clean, beautiful view. Hotel grounds are well maintained. Some hotel staff is friendly. Overall, the service is ok, but the hotel staff would certainly not go extra mile to accommodate your needs, as they do in other Hilton hotels. Cleaning crew on the first day did not replace our towels, on the 2nd we left a note, and the towels were changed. We also noticed empty glasses and dirty plates were left in the lobby on the floor next to guest'' rooms for several hours, attracting flies. AC was broken in entire hotel for 1 day and 1 night, so temperature in our room was above 80F even at night! Food in LightHouse and Water Edge was mediocre, to say the least. Tasted like in a chain restaurant, but priced like in high-end restaurant, We would love to have a nice memorable meal while on vacation. Access to Executive lounge with free Wi-Fi, soft drinks, coffee and snacks was very nice. Beach is beautiful and well maintained. But a bit rough and rocky, not great for swimming. The beach next to the Radisson hotel just few minutes walk is much calmer. But beach chairs and umbrella there are not free (35 Barbados). Location is wonderful. With few improvements, better food quality, and a little more trained staff, it would be a destination hotel for a dream vacation.
Other trip Nov 28, 2014
O.
"Not prepared to host groups"
Stayed over the weekend of 21-23 Nov 2014. It was a girls getaway ages ranging from 28-74. Four of us in a room and there were only preparations for one or two. We got 3 towels. 2 cups. 2 teacups. a non-functioning coffeemaker. When we asked for more towels and the rest of it they just said "they would see". I mean come on, Hilton is supposed to have a high standard. Aside from this, it was a pleasant stay but sad to say i may not book again here at this resort. All the best to ya!
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
Good location for the view, very nice powder sand beach at hotel. Short walk to main road but only couple of bars very close, in the heat you really need to get taxi or bus to other restaurants and activities. Food average in hotel.
"Fantastic Hotel directly on the beach!"
We stayed at the Barbados Hilton from the 3rd. November to the 14th. November 2014! We had a room on the 6th . floor, fantastic view! We wished we could have stayed longer! The hotel is staff are so friendly and helpful and always so polite! The Hotel is well maintained and very well managed. The live entertainment during dinner is also great!. The food is awesome and their beach barbeques are so entertaining with the limbo especially!The Front desk staff are always accomodating and always helpful! I love this Hotel and would definitely stay there again! !
Sherry
"Breathtaking Barbadian views!"
Our overall experience was tranquil and a great getaway. The only complaint is that the bed was extremely firm; however, when I mentioned it to the staff, they offered to place mattress toppers on our bed. If you do not like a firm mattress, ASK FOR THE BED TOPPERS!!! They do not volunteer that information.
Other trip Nov 16, 2014
Mimi
"Top 5 vacation location!!!"
The hotel staff was very professional,courteous, & helpful.The hotel grounds were kept very clean & the views are breath taking. The property is well kept and my spouse & I were well pleased with our stay. We will be returning in the near future.
8 night trip with friends Nov 1, 2014
Broderick
Very nice hotel the views were beautiful .The rooms perfect for the mattress was somewhat uncomfortable .The food in Lighthouse was good ,the food at the bonfire was not very tasteful the sea food was terrible and not as advertised. In all it was a very good stay.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
lin
"Nice and comfortable"
My next time in Barbados, I am definitely staying there.
Other trip Oct 29, 2014
the staff was very friendly and helpful in every way.
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
Great value and beautiful location. Hotel staff eager to have you enjoy your stay on their beautiful island.
Other trip Oct 25, 2014
"Please, clean up beach problem!!!!!!"
Hilton hotel nice, clean, overpriced food but the biggest problem --the beach, Every day 5-8 times per day some strange men proposed ,massage, and tried to shake our hands. EBOLA around!!! Clean up this problem!!
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
"hotel close to beach"
ice machines were out of order for 4 days. It was reported to staff and wasn't fixed. construction on spa was in progress,so we were not able to get a spa treatment at the hotel.While enjoying the beach we asked staff member for an umbrella and he suggested we move all our belongings to another area so he didn't have to get the umbrella for us. I told him we were settled at this area and asked him would he please get one for us. I guess he looked at my facial expression. Most of the staff were very nice but for a few lazy ones who thought they were doing you a favor when you asked for service.I've been to Barbados about 11 times,mostly staying at the HiltonHotels. The beach and water are fantastic. the night life has slowed down. We always try to make the best of our stay. Fun in the sun on vacation always!!!!!!!!
Other trip Oct 10, 2014
"Very good"
Very nice hotel, close to the beach and 3 nice swimming pools. The staff was excellent and very accommodating. The entertainment was very good and varied. They do need some work on their tennis courts. The gym was new and had a nice collection of cardio and strength equipment. Overall a very pleasant experience.
Other trip Oct 10, 2014
richie
"i will be back"
went for a bachelorete weekend, hotel is beautiful, i will be back and will stay in this hotel. its an all inclusive you will find no reason to leave
2 night trip with friends Oct 3, 2014
robyn
I'm not usually a fan of chain hotels, but everything about our experience with the Hilton in Barbados was excellent: the location, the setting, the facilities, the food, the ambience, the service, the views, just EVERYTHING.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"georgeous beach hotel"
Nothing to complain about. Great location and friendly staff
Other trip Oct 2, 2014
Sareka
"Awesome hotel"
Great hotel
4 night romance trip Sep 26, 2014
Mohan
It was comfortable and with beautiful view. The personnel of the hotel was so nice.
6 night business trip Sep 16, 2014
Aracely
"Heaven must be like this."
By far the most beautiful hotel I have ever stay in. The lobby is open to the elements and is always at a comfortable temperature. The pool area and the beach are amazing. The view from the rooms, especially the ocean side are great. The speed of service did leave a little something to be desired at time but you will not find a more friendlier staff. I would definitely recommend anyone staying here.
Other trip Sep 9, 2014