All hotels in Rome, Italy

• Bar and Beverages
    Bar is awesome
  • Wellness Area
    Sufficient wellness & sports facilities
This hotel was safe, just far enough away from the sights to avoid noise and congestion , but walking distance to pretty much everything ! We enjoyed the breakfast in the morning and enjoyed the Moon Spa as well. All of the staff were friendly and hpful. We'd definitely stay here again !
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
"Nice find in Trastevere"
We booked this hotel pretty much based only on it's proximity to our daughter, who is studying for a semester close by. As it turned out, the hotel ended up playing a major factor in having wonderful week in Rome. The price was very reasonable for the quality. The room and public areas were very nicely appointed, comfortable and pleasing to the eye. The spa was a unique feature (for us) that was truly an awesome couple hours of relaxation. Another unique feature was a roof top garden bar that was great. We stopped up for drinks every night we were there. The location allowed us to fully explore the Trastevere section of Rome, which had many great restaurants and shops. But it also turned out to be very easy to get to other sections of Rome by the trolley which stops almost in front of the hotel and goes into the heart of the city, or by brief taxi rides. As great as all these features were, by far the best part was the hotel staff. They were extremely competent and professional, yet treated us like family. There was such a warm sense of hospitality, it completely put our stay over the top for enjoyment. Seriously, we could not think of any other hotel stays where the entire staff were so professional, accommodating and welcoming. We highly recommend it for others staying in Rome, and hope to revisit ourselves someday.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
Jay
"Great staff and comfortable room!"
Great service, fast wifi, the room was nice and comfortable. You can take the bus right across the street to get to the colosseum, walk or transfer bus to visit different landmarks. The only complaint is most of the restaurants are at least half a mile away.
Response by Trilussa Palace Hotel Congress & SPA
Dear Hillary, Thank you for writing a nice comment about your stay at Trilussa Palace Hotel. We have felt really glad that you really liked your holidays in Rome and that our Hotel has fulfilled all your needs. Actually, the Hotel itself is located in Trastevere, famous for its restaurants and trattorias, which are all 10 minutes far from the Hotel. We wait for you again in the near future. Meantime, we wish you all the best.
3 night trip with friends Nov 20, 2014
Hillary
Would definitely stay there again! Staff very helpful
Other trip Nov 23, 2014
"Part of T\town was not that nice"
I booked a single room. Being a single traveler, it was fine for me since I only needed a place to sleep. The hotel is about 12-15 euro taxi ride from the Vatican and the Colosseum. This was too far for me. I had to take a taxi all the time. You're better off booking a more expensive hotel near these sites if you're interested in visiting them as a tourist. This hotel is in a part of Rome that is not too good. There is graffiti everywhere. The neighborhood just looks dirty.
Jack
"Perfectly acceptable."
In short, Trilussa Palace was perfectly acceptable. Details I liked: - rooftop deck - swimming pool - location Things I didn't like: - our nonsmoking smelled like smoke (we decided not to ask to change rooms because we were only staying a night and it seemed a hassle) - the free drink voucher, which they neglected to tell us only covered soft drinks and the house wine until after we ordered a cocktail - access to the pool was private and an extra fee, which was fine except that they didn't let us know to book it ahead - the shower in our room didn't work properly Will I stay here again? Likely not. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great, especially when there are so many other hotels in Rome. I have a feeling that there are better rooms available, too. The hotel itself wasn't as rundown seeming as the room we were given.
1 night romance trip Oct 27, 2014
Kathia
"Wonderful Quiet Rome Hotel"
I booked the Trilussa for a trip in Italy I took with my daughter in early October. I highly recommend this hotel for its bed and room comforts, cleanliness, convenient location to Rome area and travel/transport lines. Excellent complimentary breakfast. Staff was so pleasant and helpful. Rooms and bathrooms were kept very clean. The showers are small, but this is Europe, and they get the job done! It was nice to sleep on exceptionally comfortable memory foam mattresses and lovely pillow at the end of a busy day. Do not judge this hotel by its exterior , which is a little deceiving. Take advantage, too, of the top floor covered garden sitting terrace and bar. Very nice. Inside this hotel is a tranquil haven in a quaint and desirable Rome neighborhood, Trestevere. My only suggestion is that some of the rooms need a bit of updating and hall carpeting could be replaced. But it is evident that the management team has every concern for providing the best possible experience they can for their guests. The team is very present and visible in meeting guest needs and directing staff. We needed to use their send-out laundry/dry cleaning service which was excellent. There is also a post office right next door if you need to mail gifts or other items home. The manager there, too was very helpful and friendly. I highly recommend the Trilussa and if I return to Rome will plan to stay here again.
4 night trip Oct 12, 2014
Leslie
"Good hotel close to good restaurants but..."
This is was my first time in Roma, but i have a lot of experience in hotels, service and attention was very good, breakfast regular, there is only 2 toaster for some many people, service of waiter great!. Internet in the bedroom so bad, in the loby perfect, all was good and regular , even the location, but the worst was the shower. Im petit and i was in that shower tight, imagine my husband, he is 6 heigh tall, he can't move into there. Pictures does no show the small shower it is. Bathroom was no good for me, sorry!
Other trip Oct 10, 2014
Mari
We were there for three nights. It is right across the street from the bus and tram stations, and a short ride to the major tourist attractions, restaurants, and designer shopping. Free buffet breakfast and an extremely helpful staff!
Other trip Oct 9, 2014
The hotel is located near Trastevere. This is an area full with restaurants and bars, where you can walk or have a nice dinner under the stars. To get to the main attractions in Rome, in front of the hotel is public transportations that gets you there in minutes. The staff at the hotel are very friendly and usually tell you tips about Rome.
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
"Good Location close to older section of Naples"
Upon arriving we thought the section of Naples might be a bit on the marginal side of the city but we misjudged. The hotel itself was spotless and very charming. I never did find the spa portion of the hotel and didn't need it anyway. We did find the complimentary welcoming cocktail hour pleasant with interesting bites of food excellent. The breakfast was excellent with homemade goodies. We walked from the hotel to a local market area just steps away, went into churches of all sizes and walked to nice restaurants all within blocks. If you are going for the spa I would research further but for the hotel, staff and location it is very good.
Other trip Sep 19, 2014
Faye
"Quiet block yet close to everything"
The hotel itself is very nice - a bit "business" like rather than leisure but clean. The tram stops right in front of the hotel. 2 stops (or a short walk) takes you to the yummiest restaurants and nightlife in Trastevere. A few more stops and you are in the middle of all of Romes major attractions. Very nice stay.
5 night romance trip Sep 11, 2014
Adrianna
"Great value hotel"
Really nice hotel located in a comfortable close-in neighborhood. Staff was very friendly and helpful during check-in and all during our stay. Rooms clean and efficient. Although not located right in downtown, very easy to get to all the sights with the tram/bus lines that run right by the hotel. Highly recommend getting the all day tram/bus card for easy on/off transportation. Would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Sep 14, 2014
Bryan
"AWESOME"
We had never been to Rome before and so we did the "internet search" for a hotel. We read previous reviews and went with Trilussa Palace Hotel Congress & SPA. Long story short.....We were beyond pleased. Wonderful breakfast, clean room, comfortable bed, balcony, nice bath and amenities. 10 minutes after arriving at the hotel, we discovered we'd left our iPad on the plane from the US. We went to the front desk of the hotel for help in getting in touch with the airline (which was darn near impossible, but Splendora, prevailed). Splendora was working the front desk at the time. She never stopped helping us, with phone calls, emails, etc. Even left notes for the staff that came on after she left. They went BEYOND what could be asked or expected. With their help we were able to get the iPad back from Delta the next day. When we go back to Rome, we will stay here!
Response by Trilussa Palace Hotel Congress & SPA
Dear S.Gerard, First of all, Thank you for your nice comment about your stay at Trilussa Palace Hotel. We are so happy to know that the reviews you read about th Hotel were right and that you could confirm what you have read. We were pleased to help you finding the Ipad you left on the plane and we are glad to know that we have contributed to make you find it. It was a pleasure for us to assist you throughout your stay and we really wish you will keep your promise and go back to Rome soon. Best wishes,
3 night trip Aug 29, 2014
S. Gerard
Very good, but there was a incident a family things were taken from they're room.we had a great experience .
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
k
"Fairly standard, good option overall"
The location was a bit of a walk from everything, but the tram stops right outside. The streets aren't well lit at night, but the area has a lot of nice restaurants. The hotel itself is very nice, though the WiFi is a little slow. I've also never understood why they make you put in the key card to activate the electricity. The room was decently sized and clean. The shower, however, was weird. At 6'2" (185 cm), I could barely fit inside. It had jets that barely functioned and a seat that took up way too much space (I couldn't close the door while sitting down). After a long day walking around Rome, squeezing into a badly designed shower was not how I wanted to clean up.
3 night trip Aug 26, 2014
"A Great Choice!"
The location is perfect as well as the hotel and Staff. It is very close to the caves.
3 night trip Aug 19, 2014
John Catalanotto
"Nicest Staff"
Had a few days to stay in Rome while on business and reserved at Trilussa after seeing some good reviews. Best part was the wonderful staff. They did everything possible to take good care of me. They were all "just nice people". Hotel was clean with fancy amenities like a jet shower. Location was convenient to Tram and all of Rome. Also easy to get to from the airport. Not the Ritz. But good price/performance.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
TMG
"Great location!"
Excellent stay. Staff was friendly and very helpful. If you like walking, you can certainly stroll to all major tourist attractions. If not, all major buses and trams are located across the street from the hotel.
1 night family trip Aug 16, 2014
Crissie
"First trip to Rome"
This hotel is a gem. It is in a nice quiet neighborhood, but is close enough to the attractions. We very much appreciated Splenda and Caroline at the front desk. They were great! The temperature in the room was my only issue. Just could not get it cool enough to meet this American's needs. We got a massage and it was very relaxing. However, I would have preferred to have a larger selection of massages to choose from. If you get a room that does not include breakfast, skip it. It is not worth 15 euro's. Our favorite thing was a night cap on the roof of the hotel. Beautiful and very relaxing.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
Sherri
Very disappointing experience. Do not recommend at all.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
"Nice hotel in trendy Trastevere area"
Hotel is very well located in trendy area full of good but not expensive restaurants. Across the street for tram and bus stop so you can conveniently visit all parts if Rome. Th staff is multilingual And very friendly and Informative. Air conditioning in the room was a little warm for the height if the Summer. Also had a few issues with internet. But these were very Minot matters. Over all the hotel was very clean with very good breakfast and a very enjoyable experience.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
Mari
Very nice and competent staff. Good location.
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
"Great location, wonderful staff."
Comfortable hotel, wonderful location, walk or tram it to everything! Wonderful, helpful and happy staff.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
"Comfortable hotel with helpful & welcoming staff"
The staff is the strength at Trilussa. Greeted with a welcoming smile and helpful suggestions throughout stay. Very comfortable and clean. Delicious plum cake at breakfast, too!
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
"Great location, excellent staff"
We stayed for four nights. Staff was extremely helpful. our baggage did not arrive and the hotel staff helped us making a number of calls to the airport as well as arrange for us to go to airport. Breakfast was great. Hotel was supposed to send car to pick us up. The informed me the day we arrived that they could not arrange for the transfer. In return, thy gave us a 2 bedroom suite instead of superior room. That was great. We highly recommend this hotel.
Other trip Jul 5, 2014
Shankar
"Convenient family-friendly hotel."
Lovely staff, fantastic beds, direct access to easy train line compensate for slightly out-of-way location. 10-15 minute walk to terrific Travestere restaurant district.
3 night trip Jun 22, 2014
"Home Away From Home -"
The staff were so welcoming and helpful! Travelling from out of the country alone I was nervous initially, but they were set me at ease with their willingness to help and their knowledge. Excellent experience!
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
"Not too far from the sights, but not overcrowded"
We liked Trilussa for its access to sights, transportation—and the airport, and restaurants.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
"Top staff."
The hotel is located in a convenient area. It is across the street from public transportation during the week and Sundays you can enjoy the market with hundreds of vendors.
Other trip Jun 20, 2014
"Great hotel, great rates"
Staff were great. Great service. Great Breakfast. All good.
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
Cecilia
"Great Rome Vacation"
We spent a week with our kids(7 and 10) at Trilussa Palace. We had a room with a King Bed and a sofa bed. Both beds were comfy. The stop for the tram and bus are right in front of the hotel. Previous reviews of the hotel detailed how convenient the location was, and how helpful the staff would be to get you were you need to go. This was the main reason the I booked this hotel, and it definitely was the case. The wifi worked fine, and for multiple devices. The buffet breakfast was included, and better than I was expecting it to be. The roof top bar was great. Great views, and cooler than our room when returning in the afternoon. There is no bartender until 6PM or so, so just bring your own wine etc. A cab ride from the airport in 47 Euro, and about 20 minutes with no traffic. A 3 day pass for the tram and bus is 16 Euro for and adult, kids 10 and under are free. But, I never saw anyone checking for tickets the entire week of our stay. It is stated the there is a fine if caught on the tram without a pass. But I think it is just the tourists that buy the tickets.
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
Adam
Centrally located with easy access to Trastevere Station. Perfect for a one night stay in Rome.
1 night trip May 23, 2014
"Very nice"
Off the beaten path but close enough to anything that you might need. Tram stop right out front door that stopped right next to a plaza with all the restaurant's and gift shops you needed. From there was a short taxi ride to all the tourists stops.
Other trip May 19, 2014
Bruno
"Good location, Excellent Staff"
Nice hotel. We liked where it was located and found the trolley very convenient. The staff was knowledgeable and explained how to use the buses and trolley. The room was nice, the bathroom with steam shower was great to come back to after a long day of sightseeing. The only comment was that we booked a room with 2 twin beds and got a double (NOT KING, NOT QUEEN) that was separated into to. We were afraid to move in our sleep for fear of falling out of the tiny beds. Definitely not twin size--very small.
2 night trip with friends Mar 30, 2014
LIGAL
"Nice hotel in Trastevere"
I stayed here for one week in April this year. I wanted to be near my daughter who is studying abroad and living in Trastevere for the semester. I arrived well before check in and had arranged prior to arrival that the hotel would be able to hold my bags until I could check in. But instead the hotel staff made me a cup of tea and had my room ready in about 20 minutes! (Thank you Max!) The hotel staff was also very helpful with any questions about how to get around in the city.
Other trip Apr 17, 2014
Nice helpful staff that made us feel at home in a different country. Room clean and excellent breakfast!
Other trip Apr 1, 2014
"Nice Staff"
The hotel staff is very considerate of the travelers, providing very detailed information about the city of Rome and its public transportation. Although it's located a few miles away from the city center, the No.8 tram will get you there in a few minutes. I would choose this hotel if I visit Rome again.
Other trip Mar 21, 2014
"Helpful and friendly staff, great location"
Front desk staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful, eagerly pointing out transportation options for all of our sightseeing and our route back to the airport. They also made dinner reservations for us one evening at a restaurant that had been recommended by friends, and then provided excellent recommendations for our final night's dinner at a fantastic restaurant nearby. Comfortable room, nice amenities, great location steps away from the #8 tram line.
3 night romance trip Mar 15, 2014
Jori
"Regular do bad hotel."
Disappointed. I expected more based on the expedia customer rating.
Other trip Mar 14, 2014
Adriano
"Very comfortable, great location"
While the room was a bit small for 2 people, the comfort level more than made up for it. Great bed, terrific bathroom. The breakfast was pretty good, albeit not stellar as European hotels go, but certainly nothing to complain about. And, for being so close to the liveliest part of Rome (Trastevere), the hotel is surprisingly quiet. I would definitely stay there again.
1 night trip Feb 27, 2014
"Trilussa is a treasure hotel"
Perfect location, wonderful and friendly staff, and beautiful interior. First place to stay when you are in Rome.
1 night business trip Feb 22, 2014
"Good value, great staff"
Front desk staff was wonderful. Made me feel welcome from the moment I arrived. Helped out with all manner of questions. Roof bar is very nice with nice view of the city. Room was very comfy and clean. Bathroom was large by Rome standards. Tram no. 8 stops right near front of the hotel. Very convenient.
1 night trip Dec 28, 2013
Frequent traveler
"Almost perfect"
I would have loved to give this hotel an overall rating of 5. The staff were fantastic, the location is great, and the spa is worth spending time in. However, the most important part of a hotel, to me, is how well I sleep. While the beds were super comfortable, the problem is that the rooms are kept WAY too warm, which made sleeping uncomfortable. The thermostat was set to 24 degrees Celsius, or about 75 degrees Fahrenheit. With the down comforter on the bed, I woke up drenched in sweat. When I inquired about turning the heat down (we tried to lower the thermostat but it didn't work), I was advised to open a window. Not really the solution I was hoping for! If they can work out the temperature issues, I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone!
4 night trip Dec 22, 2013
Stephanie K
"Nice Hotel , friendly staff"
Nice Hotel , easy to access the city center, tram station was just outside. Staff is friendly and very helpfull. Rooms are clean , warm an quite spacy. Spa Shower was a bit useless for us.
Other trip Dec 25, 2013
Petros
"very nice hotel with a great staff"
We found it easy to get to all the Rome "must-see" attractions from Trilussa. The room was very clean with a nice bathroom and comfortable bed. The hotel's staff was friendly and helpful. We would stay here again!
2 night family trip Nov 27, 2013
SKC
"Fantastic staff and fantastic room!"
The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. They spoke excellent English and were able to help us understand transportation and the must-see sites (very convenient location). The room was lovely. We needed to call the front desk to get the temperature adjusted, but they were so nice about it, it really was not an issue. Room and bathroom were spotless and beds were comfortable. The shower is small, but nice. We would stay there again in a heartbeat!
1 night family trip Nov 30, 2013
"Nice but off the beaten path."
We were a party of five as our son studying in Florence stayed with us in Rome. The Trilussa staff indicated our only option was an apartment they owned in the adjoining building for an additional 25 euros per night. It was very spacious but we missed the amenities of the hotel. We did enjoy the Trilussa breakfast which was very good. Wifi in apartment was not good. The staff was very helpful, recommended good restaurants and got us transportation when we departed.
3 night family trip Nov 23, 2013
David G.
"Friendly,clean"
We had a great time and slept well @ this friendly hotel convenient to #8 tram. Hotel desk staff was outstanding and multilingual. We had hoped to enjoy the sumptuous spa but it was closed for cleaning.
Other trip Nov 29, 2013
PA
"Nice hotel in a quiet region"
The hotel stuff was excellent, they helped and solved all of the my requirements. The breakfast was cheap and satisfied me. The room was clean and user friendly. Also it is very near to train station. You can go to airport to 8 EUR. But if you call a taxi the cost will be about 50-60 EUR.
Other trip Nov 18, 2013