All hotels in Freeport, Grand Bahama Island, Bahamas
Doubloon Road And Churchill DrLucaya, FreeportGrand BahamaBahamas, ‏‎800-491-6126

Decent vibe
    Room is not nice
    Uncomfortable
"not so great!"
Had a great time despite it feeling like a self-service resort.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
Laurie
"Beautiful secluded beach"
Staff very diverse and each staff member spoke several languages. Perfect if u want to relax by the pool or beach or if U want to participate in their many activities. Kids of all ages LOVE Viva. Snorkeling, site seeing, games, shows, kayaking, wind sailing, scuba shop on site, disco at night. Kids 12 and under were crazy about the kids club! Kids put on shows at night .
Other trip Apr 16, 2015
laurie
"Mixed feelings"
Sits on the long beach - white sand, but a lot of rocks in the water. Windy. A lot of activities, exercises, dances learning. Motstly open space, shadow places are limited around the pool and on the beach. Plenty of food and drinks but nothing too fancy.
Other trip Apr 15, 2015
Olga and Jim
The room had a great view of the beach. The dining facilities were large and clean. Food was plentiful and varied. The complex was conveniently laid out - access to all areas was easy and well designated.
Other trip Apr 15, 2015
"Pretty nice hotel"
My experience was a mixed one... The room was really nice as seen in the pictures, very clean and I enjoyed all the amenities, especially not having to worry about food since it is all inclusive... Now when it came to my guest coming to the hotel to pick me up to go out that night the security was quite rude to my guest, then on my last day the hotel staff (maintenance personnel and housekeeping) kept knocking on my door and opening the door while I was in the room trying to sleep. This happened 3 times within a 6 hour window. The hotel should really invest in latches on the door because it's an invasion of privacy and can be quite scary. Other than that I did enjoy my stay would stay again if they can work on the communication between the staff
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
Drea
"Not a great choice!!!"
I was expecting a more upmarket hotel or should I say my expectations on what I'd seen , disappointed me. The rooms were fairly sparse, which is not all together a bad thing, however, when you have to put your coffee maker on the floor to plug it in, that's short!!! My TV was snowy on all but 2 channels, despite reporting it, it remained like that the entire time. My shower faucet had a constant leak, with drip, drip, sounds all night. Had to close the door which did not completely block out the sounds. My bedside lights, after being on for 5 min would start flickering. As with the TV issue, this continued for the entire stay. Reporting these issues to the front desk was a waste of time. It would take a lot for me to even think about returning there.
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
"Pleasant stay"
The facility is a bit outdated and the food of average quality. The staff was great, a lot of entertainment for both kids and grown-ups. Outrageous prices at the small shop. We had to buy a few things on the first day, because one of our lagguages was lost, so we needed toothbrushes, toothpaste, shampoo, shaving cream. I was expecting a bit more expensive than my local shop, but $ 65.00 was way too much!
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
Ross
"all inclusive by the beach"
i was kind of disappointed. was expecting more from bahamas. Hotel was ok. Staff not very Friendly. Food was ok.
Other trip Apr 1, 2015
Adilson
"Poor Food quality at this remote all inclusive"
Food was only edible, really dampened overall experience. Maybe good enough for drunk hungover Spring Breakers BUT NOT FOR ANYONE ELSE. $40 round trip taxi to Port Lucaya for many awesome restaurants is ONLY WAY to enjoy week at Wyndham. (STAY AT GRAND LUCAYAN INSTEAD, as we did last 3 years, but they were sold out our week this year). Rooms clean but had to chase down housekeeping for clean towels 3 days out of 6. They would clean room but leave no or only a towel or two. Front desk and CONCEIRGE get 5 stars--helped us track down late luggage/get it delivered. Beach Bar serving mostly water with mixers by THURS-maybe to slow down Spring BreAkers? But Cranberry and water does not equal Vodka and cranberry, and margarita mix and water is not a margarita (even if free!! Threw them out!) And Rhine Wine from a jug is NOT CHARDONNAY (all week, only option) BEACH BEAUTIFUL!!! Loved numerous Palm cabanas/huts for shade tho Chaise lounges uncomfortable/broken... And set alarm for 7-7:30 am to claim your spot SKIP THIS ... GO TO GRAND LUCAYAN
deirdre/ellie
"Food was very poor with little variety."
Lunch should have had more healthy options. Cold cuts were awful and didn't resemble turkey as we know it in the US. There is no entertainment around the hotel (shopping, casino, movie, restaurants..etc). It's a $40 cab ride to anything. The country is still rebuilding from the hurricane but they have little money to invest.
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
"Freeport is not in the Third World"
Cold Showers Daily week of 15-21 March 2015. Toilet overflow every use-bought my own plunger. 2 queen beds occupied every square inch of room-superior cramping. Maids ignored accummulated ruined towells. All inclusive food was exactly same 20 trays of buffet food every lunch and dinner. Bartenders but one did not know what bourbon is. Good things-lots of sweet looking american college girls. Lots. Nice property layout. Typical friendly Bahamian staff. Fun stuff like snorkeling, kayaking, trapeze, dance lessons included. Beautiful beach. College kids were respectful of families and business people, of which I was both. Suggest adults accustomed to normal decent hotel room stay elsewhere.
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
business travel
"Need stronger management with organization"
I arrived early to the hotel and had to wait until check in for 3 pm. It was about 4 when I arrived at the desk and got the key to my room. When I opened the door to my room I could not believe what I saw. It was a big pile of dirty laundry and vodka bottles everywhere. When I went back to the desk, I explained what I experienced and she tried to get me a different room. I really wanted that room and told her I did not mind waiting as long as it was clean. So I went back after and it was a different room. So I didn't get my king size bed but 2 double beds. I just took the room because I was tired of all that I had been through with the entire trip to get there and then the room mess as well. Later I discovered I had no washcloths so had to call for those. I got two and it was fine for the first couple days but I was there for six days and ran out of towels and washcloths. I had to call more than once. Apparently there were not enough clean so they were waiting for the wash to get done. I was fine with that but it was the first time I have been to a hotel that had this problem. I had one bottle of water upon arrival at the hotel. My friend a couple rooms down from me had her refrigerator stocked with soda and water. When I told the front desk I did not get any water or soda in my refrigerator he said it was because I booked through expedia...what? really? I really feel that I was not treated like other guests who I met on the trip.
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
"nice hotel and close to beach"
We were so glad we rented a car, the Island is interesting to explore and friendly. We loved the caves, horses, shopping and snorkeling at dead mans reef was wonderful. Hardly any crowds and so easy to drive around.A good place to relax.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
"Very nice close to the beach alot to do."
The resort was really nice. The people were friendly and wanted to help you. We met some wonderful people. The only thing it was spring break and we had no cushions on our chairs and had more plastic untisils but it was for safety but not fair to us. Very safe security everywhere. The food was ok you need to pick what you like the best. I would probably try other resorts.
Other trip Mar 11, 2015
"The beach and view are breath taking"
We were there almost 3 years ago. The Staff is the best there is-soooo friendly and willing to do for you and make one smile. The beach is breath taking and so relaxing. Since we were there last time not much changed except some things they should go back to-one is that they no longer play music by the pool and main bar area. When we were there last time when we would come from our room in the morning they would have upbeat music playing-you could be tired and it would bring you back alive. Also we were there Feb 28th till March 6th-Spring breakers were there-so they concentrate on them entertaining them and also removing things like cushions from chairs-monitors showing activities-umbrellas from pool area and all (almost) activities are for them and us older folks are left out except to watch. Was very disappointed with all of that. Our room this time was disappointing-had to beg to get washclothes/handtowels and coffee refills for our in room coffeepot. Room was less than clean and had the small ants. So with 2 visits-1st being excellant 2end being disappointing-very : ( You would think they would cater to returning customers. Next visit to Bahamas will be to a different resort-
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
Jeanne
"Close to the Beach-- and nice."
We arrived early (check in is at 3) so our room was not ready, but they gave us our bands and checked in our luggage to allow us to go have lunch and drinks and to roam around the resort & beach. The resort is not huge, but it is spread out enough where there is room to breath. This is our 5th trip to the Bahamas and this is the better bargin as meals/drinks are expensive when in the Bahamas (remember they have to import everything)- Breakfast was the best meal of the day, and the best restaurant was the Viva Gourmet Cafe... the buffet was not anything special, but you could find at least something each day to keep you full. The rooms were again ok, nothing fancy- but clean. We had a double room and one of the beds was too soft, with the other a little on the hard side, but was fine for the week. I don't know that we will go in February again, as it was sooo windy, and on the cold side which was a disappointment, but it was still better than home where is was snowing and freezing. Our snorkle & diving got cancled per high tides/rough water-and they said it would be a few days before leveled out to schedule- which we had to go home... and that was the biggest disappointment as we always snorkle in the Bahama, the water is always so beautiful and clear
Other trip Mar 4, 2015
"Facility good service needs help"
Facility and location was great beautiful scenery Food was not good struggled to find anything exceptional Drinks were watered down pretty bad Couple of the hotel staff were very helpful but most were not Room services were not very good it would take them forever to clean the rooms due to the fact they didn't have anything to replenish the room with like towels etc they would run to get supplies which means it could take an hour we had two days of missed towels
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
mike
"Hotel is on a beautiful beach"
There are a lot at activities at the hotel and the beach is wonderful. The staff is friendly, the rooms could be cleaner.
"much improved over last year"
good solid value, we've stayed 3 years running. You can find nicer, newer, or fancier, but you'll pay much more. Food is adequate and plentiful, but not gourmet. The beach is beautiful, the staff is fun, and most of the guests are from countries other than USA. If you want to be sure to get one of the recently renovated rooms, pay the modest upgrade fee for ocean-view rooms.
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
mike
"Staff vs services"
We booked a king bed we got 2 doubles. the room felt old we paid for the safe which did not work however, we were refunded when we checked out. food on the buffet was cold to warm. the three restaurants were good to excellent. The majority of the staff were excellent while others you felt you were bothering them. the buffet staff were responsive and quite courteous. we had been to other "inclusives" that were far superior, but the price reflected in that quality. viva was what you paid for. our situation became worse when we were unable to return to ny because of the blizzard
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
max
"Exceeded our expectations"
We wanted to stay at an all inclusive resort and decided on Viva Fortuna. We read the reviews and went . The staff were helpful, friendly and professional. The entertainment and activities were well organized and fun. The staff did a great job getting people involved. The food was excellent. Normally We travel "off the beaten path" but we now have a 3 year old. Everything was child friendly and she had a blast. Hotel security was excellent all over the resort. We plan to return next year.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
"Nice hotel, beautiful beach, and very poor food"
Having travelled to Freeport a few times in the past and even bringing friends with me, this was my first time at the Fortuna Beach resort. I was very excited to stay at this all-inclusive property but quite disappointed with the quality of the food. There are much better options offsite and I wish that the resort offered the option not dine onsite. While the room, hotel staff and property were nice, the food needs much improvement. For breakfast I opted for the omelet station since you can't mess that up too bad. The food is obviously buffet style in the main dining area and the food was cold, not well seasoned at all, and the grits for breakfast were quite greasy (not buttery). I can't imagine that the chef's are Bahamian. Dinner food was not well seasoned either. This is not well representative of the Bahamas which serves very good food with a nice flavor. I would recommend the resort but would suggest that you venture offsite for local Bahamian food for a true dining experience.
Other trip Jan 24, 2015
Ms. B
"Freeport, Grand Bahamas"
The drinks were really weak, I mean really weak. But, the food was great! Entertainment was alright, the first night they had this great show up on the stage and an after party. Only downer was the bar or "chill out" area didnt really have music playing until way later in the night. Staff was great and the kayaking being included was pretty cool. All in all for a quick two day trip this was a relaxing experience.
2 night trip Jan 5, 2015
branden
"So-So!"
Location good; staff helpful and friendly; room clean with a good view; activities limited; food service palatable -somewhat better than an army chow line but not even as good as the college food service where I work.
Other trip Jan 15, 2015
"A great place to relax"
If you are looking for a wide, long beach, to exercise, to go for walks without seeing many people or people at all, this is your place. Yes, the water is little chilli as it was December, and there are some waves but is it clean and manageable to swim in it. Great white sand, plenty of nice benches and shade. Bring your snorkeling gear! The staff is very helpful, friendly and sensitive to your needs. They provide enough security so you can enjoy your long walk in the most beautiful moonlight. The food is not super fancy but there is always fish, meat, pasta, lots of salads, fruits and vegetables. Great coffee in the morning. Fresh pizza at the bar by the beach every night until 2 am. Evrything is close to the beach if you have small children. The kayaking is fun and included so is the mini catamaran and windsurfing. There are enough days of a great wind to have quite fun. The is a entertainment every night. One for little children with music to dance and later for adults. Some shows are really beautiful and the children would enjoy them as well. There are shops with basic needs. You can relax listening to the music that does not blast your ears. The rooms are clean and have beds with quite comfortable mattresses. Some of the rooms are getting updated as they have issues with the sliding doors and the slow flushing toilets. I am planning on going back for sure!
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
Renia
The beaches are great and the Hotel is very clean. The help treat you like you are bothering them when you ask for anything. The buffet never changes, same every day, food is OK. You need reservations days in advance for the nice dinner restaurant and their food is very good. They pour cheap liquor with Top Shelf liquor on the shelves but not even for sale, only for Viva members. The soda dispenser in the lower bar ( only 2 bars) is always swarming with bees. The food at that bar is OK as well. It was nice weather!
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
"Cool staff, great beach, family friendly"
We wanted to have a great end of the year and were not disappointed at all! The resort is very isolated, no large crowds or other hotels in the area, lots of activities without need to leave the place. The beach is beautiful, clean, with snorkeling and all activities right there, rooms in front of the water, no long walking needed for anything. Guests are from multiple countries, especially from Italy, very happy, easy going. Same with very young and cosmopolitan staff, with lots of energy and great night shows in the theatre, parties at the beach, pool, etc. Our 2 children remained in the kids club most of the day. Food and drinks, towels, chairs available everywhere including at the beach. We will definitely go back there!
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
"The beach was nice but the hotel needed updating."
The staff was not very friendly. They did not have anyone to help with your luggage and our room was way in the back. If you want an old hotel on the beach then this is a good place. They do have water activities, paddle boats, paddle boards, sailboating and snorkeling. All are first come first serve. They are very protective of the beach towels as they will only give you 1 per day and you must turn back in at the end of your trip or you will get a charge. The food is mediocre at best. They have set times to eat and if you miss then your only option is the snack bar at the beach which has a few things. The drinks are included but they only have 1 person behind the bar and it's cheap alcohol and wine. You only have 1 white and 1 red that's included.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
"Fantastic location and beach, terrible hotel"
My husband and I decided on a last minute Xmas getaway and chose this location because many of the other places we wanted to go were fully booked, we've never been to the Bahamas, and the flight schedule didn't involve long layovers. We stayed four nights. It was very affordable, but you get what you pay for. Food is terrible. Just be prepared to eat pasta, fries, and burgers. I'm very adventurous when it comes to food and will eat almost anything..but even I found my limit with their tuna salad that tasted and looked like cat food. The staff are either crazy, there is a man that shouts non-sense at you whenever he sees you, another came out of nowhere, sat at our breakfast table and ate a sandwich surreptitiously w/o talking to us (I can't even make this up), or extremely rude. I suspect they don't pay their staff well or provide any training. Don't count on having wifi in your room. My husband and I both got lots of tiny itchy bites all over our legs and feet after a day or two and I'm pretty sure I didn't see any mosquitoes. Ants? Some of the guest services staff act like they can't spare you the time of day. Oh and the drinks are...no words, even the wine and beer are terrible. Please, take my advice and get yourself a nice place elsewhere and skip the all-inclusive. I've never written a review in my entire life but I feel I have to do something to save others from wasting their precious vacation time.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
W
"My kids and I rated it an overall 9 1/2!"
I went with my 10 and 14 year old children. Overall we had a great time. Our rating was discussed as follows, allowing for 10 to be the highest rating: Overall Experience: 9 1/2 Staff: This had to be broken up into two categories. 1. The young adults who were there to entertain, lead the games, work the trapeze and star in the shows. 2. The locals who were the bartenders, cooks, front desk people, etc. Group 1 got a 10. Group 2...while not all of them but many I would say a 7. Beach: 10. Beautiful, clean, turquoise blue. A pure delight. I was so pleasantly surprised. Pool Area: 10. I loved how the pool was not far from the beach. You could see the water from the pool. It was clean, modern. perfect. Rooms: 7 maybe 8. We had to change from the first room as it had an adjoining door into the next room (that we didnt need) and there was a 4 inch gap under that door. We heard everything from the next room. The second room was better. the rooms are not great. they are ok. But now that I reflect it was mostly because our pillows were super lumpy and I'm tired of blankets that look nothing I want touching my body. The beds were comfortable and each room had a spacious balcony. They bathrooms were clean and there was a decent amount of storage space for clothes. Food: 7. While not great, one must remember the amount of people they are feeding. My kids and I are foodies so we would have wanted some more flavor but other than that there were plenty of good options.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"Friendly Staff & Fantastic Beach Overcome Problems"
Upon arrival, I was told the hotel had no record of my reservation. It was booked through Expedia, and this was the Wyndham - and it's 2014 - unacceptable confusion. However, the Mgr on duty, Loydi (sp?) assured me they would find me a room and then move me the next morning into the ocean view I had reserved. I was given a very superior room the next morning, but one has to wonder how, in this day of modernity, this sort of confusion can take place. The all-inclusive meals were okay, but each meal was cold as it seemed the food warmers never worked. Quality was good, not gourmet, but I wanted simplicity and got a decent & plentiful meal each time. The entire staff was outstanding, very friendly in a manner that one rarely finds in the US - they went out of their way, each of them, to be friendly, to always greet each guest and to interact with them, especially the small children. The facility was fine, rooms a little tired but overall very clean and just needing a little better detail on the repair workmanship. The pool looked nice, but I was so enraptured by the beach that I never went into the chlorinated water. The beach, the sand and the water in the Bahamas is always stunning, and I thoroughly enjoyed the quiet stretches of sand to either side of the resort. Overall just what I needed.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
"Worst experience"
Had booked 4 rooms,3 had shower issues and one had ac problems,food was real bad
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
"Nice hotel near the beach"
The staff overall were very friendly & answered all questions when asked in a cheerful way
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
cathy
"Not what we expected"
First let me say that the staff were excellent However their excellence could not completely make up for the condition of the property. Once able to check in to our room, found a broken toilet and a moldy shower. The shower head was clogged so no water pressure. Staff replaced the entire toilet however this took time away from our vacation. Staff responded twice for shower head but it never made a difference. I ended up removing the shower head and had enough water pressure to get soap off my body and out of my hair. Phone in room did not work so had to walk to front desk for everything and had no way for friends to contact us. We were very disappointed in this location. We paid for a room upgrade with this reservation but as you can read we were ripped off.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
Judy
"The hotel was clean and the rooms were comfortable"
This resort was ok. The food was good. The room was clean. The staff was very friendly, but we were very disappointed in the activities that were offered. It was actually kind of boring there. They had a few activities during the day by the pool and they usually stopped by 4:00 or 5:00. Then the nightly show didn't start till 9:30 (actually more like 10:00 because they never started on time). So after we ate dinner, we sat around and got very bored and was ready to go to bed before the show ever started. I guess if you want to go somewhere to just lay around and do nothing, this is the place to go. But don't go and think you are going to be entertained because they don't offer much in the way of activities or entertainment.
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
Pam
"Complete relaxation"
The service was great. The service was friendly and willing to go the extra steps if needed to make sure you were comfortable. The food was good with a lot of choices. The pool area was very serene. There was a li as t of activities available throughout the day. The drinks was wonderful. Well worth the experience. If you want comfort, relaxation and peace it is well worth it. It was also conveniently located less than 20 minutes away from town, the casino, shopping area, the conch experience and local experience. It's a must return.
2 night trip with friends Dec 5, 2014
Antonia m
"All good except..."
First time at Wyndham and over all good experience. The staff was friendly and made it fun. You get to know them and makes it comfortable. The not so goods are... Good luck relaxing on the beach with the non stop dope dealers constantly nagging you to buy from them, found ourselves at the pool most of the time so they would leave us alone. They were in the process of remodeling much of the resort so I can't say it was dirty because It will be really nice once it's done. The resort caters more to the timeshare regulars than other visitors it seemed so that was kinda uncomfortable at times but the 9 overworked members of the entertainment staff were awesome! buffet was always above average but the evening dining only offered Italian night and Chinese night. Got old after 4 nights. Overall, it was a good experience
Other trip Nov 15, 2014
jason
"The beach was beautiful"
The staff was very rude. The food was terrible. The hotel was run down. Many things were broken in the room.
Other trip Aug 27, 2014
les
All inclusive was really all inclusive. Sailing, snorkeling, Kajaking, Archery, Volleyball, Games at the pool, water aerobics, trapeze jumping, great entertainment at the nightly shows which got everybody involved. We got to know lots of nice people. We went in May. It was not to busy. Very relaxing!!! Staff was super nice!!!
Other trip Aug 27, 2014
The room smell bad, had to ask for another room, safe didn't lock tv remote didn't work, flies were all over the food
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
ali
"Great beach but......"
If you are going for the beach you won't be disappointed. The food was so-so but what we expected. You can not get into your room until 3:00 so wear your bathing suit if you get there early so you can enjoy the pool or beach while you wait. Bring your own snorkle gear because what they offer is minimal at best but the snorkeling is fantastic. Be prepared to wait because while you are there you will be on "island time". Overall we had a good time, but again we had low expectations going in because we read the other reviews.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
"All you needed"
The staff were great, the food was exactly what we expected, but some of the facilities looked a little old. Although we heard they are shutting down for a little to remodel so future stays should be even better than this trip!
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
Harris
"Great beach, poor hotel"
We spent a whole week in thw hotel. The hotel beach is great, plus you have water sports available at no additional charge. The bad thing was the rest... the service was really bad, employees were not well mannered, you asked about something and they would never reply with a good face. The room was regular... the bathroom was a bit dirty, it got all wet everytime we took a shower... we ran out of shampoo, went to the lobby to ask for some and never received anything until the following day. The food was sometimes good, sometimes not so good... the main restaurant was a bit dirty and the smell was weir all the time. The hotel definetly needs some investment.
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
German
"Wyndham Fortuna in Freeport."
The property was nothing that took your breath away. Landscaping was OK. Room was clean but in bad need of updating (old sink & counter with cracked calking & sink). Bed was very uncomfortable...pillows were good. Room was too dark...one small lamp on night stand which you were unable to even read by. Decor was nice; bright bedspreads. Ice bucket provided but no ice machines available except at bars. Food & mixed drinks were good. Lots of activities for everyone all day long. Music which played most all day was too loud & I spoke to the staff poolside about very vulgar lyrics ("F" bomb repetedly in one "song"). Who reviews what's being played. There's kids around!!
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
"Good resort for the money"
We read a lot of reviews that went back and forth about this resort. We took our chances and booked a week there. We arrived at the same time as tropical storm Arthur. With this being said the resort was a mess the day after. It took another day before everything was back to normal. Once the storm and the mess it left was clear, the resort was just as pictured. It has a great beach area if your looking for a natural beach. The beach area has lots of trees and man made covered areas. The pool was kept very clean, and the included water sports were great. The staff for the most part were just going through the motions. There was always trouble getting new towels, for the beach/pool, and the room!
Barbee
"Not friendly staff"
When we got to our room there was not towels and had to wait more than half hour before they were able to give us towels which they took from the room next door to ours. Food was a real disappointment.
2 night trip with friends Jun 27, 2014
Al
"Bahama trip"
The hotel was ok for a first time visit to the Bahamas. The hotel needs a lot of maintenance work to make it perfect. I didn't like the fact that an all inclusive hotel charged to use an in room safe... Overall I guess my stay was ok, was nice just to get away from home.
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
sherry
"Overall, a good Hotel for the money."
The Good: very close to the beach and great food. The Bad: we had to change rooms because the AC in the first room was set at 60 degrees and there was no thermostat lever to raise the temp so it just stayed on all the time, therefore we went to a another room which was good except for the very loud AC. Overall it was a good experience because of the location and food.
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
"Close to beach, quiet, restful"
The amount of walking and no porter services to carry bags was rough. Dinner was adequate each night. However, it would be better if dining area was air conditioned. Towels and washcloths were hard to obtain sometimes. Viva Café was excellent. No printing from business area. Location is very hot and humid. It was restful and quiet. Nobody bothers you on beach. Room was clean and very well air conditioned. Baggage transport is all on you. Pharmacy on site was good for snacks and drinks. Ice was obtainable only at bar area. You will not check in until 3pm. You may enjoy the location until then but can not check in. It was what I expected for the rate and it was a good rest. Pool was clean and music was always appropriate. Theme nights were nice.
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
"Nice hotel, great beach!"
I was a bit concerned about this hotel based on the reviews. However, I must say that I was pleasantly surprised. I took my 14 year old nephew and we had a great time! The beach is beautiful. The room was clean and comfortable if a bit old. The AC and the hot water were in working order. I paid for a garden view and had a view of the ocean. The staff was polite and attentive. The activities were always available. The trapeze was under repair during our stay but we took advantage of everything else. The pool and hot tub were great. We also went on 2 excursions, one snorkeling and one to Lucayan National Park. Both worthwhile and inexpensive. As expected, the food was just ok. They served a great breakfast and my nephew was happy with the pizza, fries and burgers for lunch and dinner. And the beach grill was a plus for a hungry teenager. I was able to find decent veggies and fish most of the time. Imagine cafeteria style food- pasta salads, steamed veggies, spaghetti, etc. The fresh fruit and desserts were good. And wine was available at the buffet for dinner. The drinks were probably watered down a bit but I was ok with that. The late night pizza was really good. We were not able to make a reservation for either of the restaurants but didn't feel like we missed anything. I wouldn't go here for a honeymoon or the trip of a lifetime, but for a getaway with a laid back teenager, it was great. If you want 5 star accommodations, pay the price and quit your whining!
Suzie