All hotels in Woodstock, Vermont, United States of America
2709 W. Woodstock Road, Woodstock, VT, 05091, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"A great getaway"
It was lovely.
1 night romance trip Jan 16, 2016
"Nice people, but not what I expected for the price"
I don't like to write negative reviews so I'll start with the good stuff: PROS 1. Very friendly staff! Owner and "bell boy" were very nice and accommodated our check in during the dinner period (we didn't know they had just one dinner seating). 2. Warm comforters on both beds. 3. Comfortable beds (especially for a cot) 4. Secure WiFi worked well. 5. Pretty location. CONS 1. Room was not clean. Shower curtain was very dirty and shower was so-so. There were unsettling spots on the wall next to the cot bed. Decorative quilt and some decorative pillows on Bed #2 were dirty. Bathroom floor and sheets seemed clean, though. 2. We didn't learn until we checked in that breakfast was served at 9 AM (just one seating)- we were not able to enjoy it as we had to leave at 7:30. There were no baked goods or coffee set out for early-rising guests, like at most B&B's. Only two Keurig cups in the room- not the same as real coffee. 3. Very noisy- could see through the floor to the room below!. Could hear everything from downstairs and adjoining rooms. NEUTRAL 1. Very, very small room. I take the blame for not calling to get more information. 2. We didn't expect Bed #2 to be a military cot. It was pretty comfortable, though. 3. Dinner smelled good, although we didn't eat there.
Other trip Oct 20, 2015
Kate
"Inconvenient location"
Slept in a cold room, as I wasn't told about heating controls. Very poor lighting. Big gap by the hinges when the door was closed. Very disappointing, poor experience.
Other trip Oct 11, 2015
"A relaxing place to enjoy a day or two"
The Lincoln Inn & Restaurant At The Covered Bridge: The main building of the B&B was a well maintained old house, with a nice sitting area good for reading and chatting. Our guest room was clean, roomy and comfortable. On arrival, we were greeted by Nick, a friendly guy. He informed us that breakfast starts at 8:00 A.M. The next morning about ten past eight, I ventured into the dining area; however, the dining room door was locked. I informed my wife and she was curious. I was about walking down to the river to take a few pictures, and noticed that there were light and sound coming from the kitchen. I knocked on the kitchen door. Here they are – Nick and anther young lad were dressed up in full waiter uniform with black tie. I invited my wife down. Only two of us (before joining by other guests about half an hour later). We were served with juice, fresh coffee, fresh berries with yogurt, and breakfast cooked to our order. Early in the morning, a cook and two waiters were ready, waiting to serve us breakfast. Later, the lady manager (owner) walked in expressing niceties. What we had done to deserve all these nice and friendly treatment? One has to be there to experience a moment of “good life.” Many thanks to the host and the service personnel. A resident of Alameda, CA 10/7/2015
1 night romance trip Sep 24, 2015
Seeling
"A quaint hotel with a great restaurant"
Although the rooms upstairs are small and quaint the ground floor is the selling point with a lovely bar and lounge and a great restaurant producing excellent food. We didn't have time to sample the full gourmet dinner experience but our simple fish and chips supper in the bar was superb and the breakfast was one of the best on our travels through New England. The Inn and Restaurant are situated on the road just outside Woodstock, so a little bit of traffic noise, although our little room was at the back, so was fine. There are attractive grounds to enjoy and you can stroll to the adjacent covered bridge and river. The service was exceptional.
Other trip Sep 29, 2015
Malcs
"Way overpriced."
An old house next to a busy street. Very noisy. Rooms built on the attic, with old wooden floor clinking, and slopped. No elevator, but steep steps. Only thing decent is breakfast service.
1 night trip with friends Sep 19, 2015
"Like staying with a chic friend"
Unfortunately we arrived late and had to leave early, so we didn't get to enjoy all the wonderful amenities this inn had to offer. I can not rave about the staff enough. They were nice and so accommodating. We happened upon Tavern night (where guests and locals can enjoy appetizers and live music). It was great! I'm so sorry we didn't get to stay for breakfast. The food I had was fantastic!
1 night family trip Jul 8, 2015
"Extra Special..."
I chose The Lincoln Inn for their reputation for an impromptu getaway for an overnight as I live only 90 minutes away. Mara, the owner and the Chef made my evening extra special! It happened to be cold out at 10:00 at night and they made a roaring fire for me outside while I was gazing up at the star filled sky. Enjoyed the wine, and their company. They really made me feel special and like I was in my own home. Did I mention how charming my room was? Elegant actually... I did not take advantage of their prix fixed dinner. I will next time since their restaurant is award winning!!!
Other trip Jul 2, 2015
Claudia
"The deserted hotel"
We booked this hotel on hotels.com to stay Feb 18-20. When we arrived at 6pm the office door was open as well as the rest of the house. No one was around. We called the office and heard a voicemail message that stated the inn and restaurant were closing on Feb 23rd to change owners. Apparently though we were not the first to have this experience regardless of the fact they were closing. I guess the owners took off early?! If you're going to desert a hotel please inform those who book a room!
2 night trip Feb 18, 2014
Green Mountain Skier
"Terrific!"
This was a great, cozy, comfortable stay. The staff was nice and accommodating, and the food was terrific!
1 night trip Dec 29, 2013
Jon
"Wassail Weekend"
The Lincoln Inn was a charming part of a wonderful family Wassail Weekend in Woodstock Vermont. A significant snowfall added to the fun, especially for the folks from Miami, and believe it or not, Amy actually shoveled out our cars for us before we left. We had three of the six rooms, and the others were occupied by people that we got to know, simply because of the close living arrangements. The living room/library was decorated for Christmas with a tree and presents, and Amy got the fireplace going on both days. The breakfasts were delicious and plentiful, and the staff was over the top accommodating. The Lincoln Inn is a great value, and deserves an excellent score on all accounts.
2 night trip Dec 13, 2013
Rich O.
"A cozy and welcoming stay"
We spent Thanksgiving week end at the Lincoln Inn and we couldn't have been more satisfied. The hosts were welcoming and responsive to all of our needs. Our room was very cozy and furnished according to the time the inn was built, the middle 1800s. We spent three nights relaxing in the living room around a roaring fire, playing cards and sharing good conversation. Each of our three breakfasts was unique and wonderful, and our one evening meal featured four courses of exquisitely prepared fusion foods. We spent three mornings hiking on the forest roads nearby, while within close driving distance to al the shopping and allure of the Woodstock Village. We've already planned our next visit.
3 night trip Nov 29, 2013
Kay Taylor
"Wonderful place to stay!"
1869 house with several rooms. We had a king sized bed, private bath, and were the only ones there that night. Road traffic was noticible but did not keep us from sleeping. Nice library with TV. The highlight was the great breakfast served by the innkeeper - egg and veggie fritatta, juice, toast and coffee. They also have a nice restaurant as part of the inn but it is closed Sun and Mon. I highly recommend this place!
1 night family trip Oct 21, 2013
JoAnne
"lincoln inn at covered bridge"
We liked our room, and the breakfast was delicious. There was not much heat in the hotel on the second night when the restaurant in the hotel was closed that night. (restaurant is Tues - Sat).
2 night romance trip Mar 16, 2013

"Lovely location"
There were two guys working when i arrived, one greeted me in the car park and carried my bag, introduced me to the other and showed me around the inn which was very helpful and welcoming. My room was comfortable, warm and clean. The bathroom was clean too. There is no food on a Mon & Tue, not even sandwiches/bar snacks which I hadn't realised, as i had been sent an email asking if i'd like to book dinner, but it's not too big a drive to go back into Woodstock to get food, just means you can't drink with your dinner. The inn is set on the river, near a covered bridge is a lovely setting. It happened to be very rainy when i was there, but i can imagine in the dry and sunshine it would be a beautiful place to walk around and have lunch etc outside. Breakfast was very nicely presented and the waitress was quick and polite.
1 night trip Sep 29, 2015
Meredith
"Pleaseant stay, but be aware of location"
We stayed for one night on Wednesday, 5th September 2012, thinking we were within easy walking distance of Woodstock. At the time of booking the map location on Expedia was incorrect, but it looks like this has now been corrected. Instead of being on the edge of town the location is in fact a 10 minute drive outside Woodstock in the middle of nowhere, which was disappointing. We were the only guests that night so had a choice of rooms. All are beautifully decorated but they are small. In the room we chose the air conditioning proved to be noisy. The service was excellent and welcoming and breakfast very good. There is an award winning restaurant within and due to the drive we decided to give it a go. I have to say it was the best meal of our holiday, but also the most expensive - quality costs. Unfortunately there were only two other dinners, so a lack of atmosphere. I imagine it gets busy at weekends. Overall a pleasant stay, but for us let down by the location.
Other trip Jun 1, 2013

"Gezellig familie hotel."
Enige minuten west van Woodstock. Persoonlijk contact met eigenaresse is prettig. Kamers aan de straat kant kunnen gehorig zijn. Hotel ligt dicht aan de straat.
Other trip Sep 25, 2013
1 night business trip Apr 6, 2015
Dorothy
2 night business trip Mar 7, 2015
Cheryl
"Quick visit to Woodstock"
Other trip Nov 2, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for The Lincoln Inn & Restaurant at the Covered Bridge

"New Year's 2016"
01/20/16 JMC-PAR Bolton, Massachusetts
My friends and i enjoyed Mara's hospitality at the Lincoln Inn for 2 nights. We loved the cozy tavern and gathered there for drinks before dinner. The rooms were clean and comfortable. It was fun to hear the history of the Inn from Mara as she gave us a tour upon arrival - very historic.
"I really wanted to love this place"
01/07/16 Amber D Woonsocket, Rhode Island
I was so excited at the prospect of spending a quiet weekend in Vermont. Although I don't usually write bad reviews, here I just had to in order to spare others an unpleasant experience. When we first walked into the Lincoln Inn we were pleased to see a cozy living room with books floor to ceiling, a cute tavern, and well appointed dining room! The thrill ended there. Our room was teeny tiny, with floors so creaky we had to tiptoe while guests dined below. We could also hear the guests speaking below which made us feel like we didn't have any privacy. The walls were bright red which also made me feel a bit uneasy-it's just not a calming color. We couldn't get the wi-fi to work, either. I'm not a big technology person but it was stressful because I couldn't get in touch with my office do handle a work matter. We tried to visit the tavern but although we were the only guests, the owner would not open it for us, then told us that alcohol consumption was not permitted in the rooms. It was the strangest travel experience I ever had. The proprietor was was one of the more unpleasant, rude, and domineering people I've ever encountered The bathroom is tiny, and there was so much mold in the shower I could see it without my glasses on...You can also view the parking lot from the toilet which is awkward but potentially enjoyable if you're a jokester or exhibitionist. Breakfast is included but uninspired and bland. The eggs you could easily make at home, with potatoes that taste like...well...just potatoes. If you were to boil a few at home and eat them without seasoning you would get the idea. I can't believe we spent $180.00 for an evening in a tiny room, with a bland breakfast, no privacy and couldn't even enjoy a drink by the fire.
"Excellent, time and time again!"
01/04/16 Anne G Boston, Massachusetts, United States
In December, it was the third time we have visited Mara and Yevgeniya for dinner, but this time, we were lucky enough to stay with them as well!! Once again, the dinner was spectacular! Because we were late getting up there, they had set up a separate, beautifully set table for us, for a private, candle-lit dinner--but we made it just in time for the first course, and were able to fit in with the flow. The dinner was absolutely delicious as always--and as always, I cannot sing enough praises for it. After dinner, we were shown to our room. While the restaurant on the first floor boasts modern, urban-downtown-fashionable decor, upstairs opens to a more rustic charm of the historic 19th century farm house, complete with some original fixtures on the doors. The room was cozy and comfortable, with period-looking furniture and with a good-sized bathroom and a small-but-functional shower stall. Exactly what one would expect of rustic Vermont, and a wonderful place to relax. In the morning, the breakfast was delicious, with choices of fruit or granola and yogurt, and with eggs, bacon/sausage, potatoes and toast, all perfectly done (I've never had bacon this good!). Yevgeniya was even kind enough to accommodate my boyfriend's dietary restrictions at the last minute, since, genius that I am, I forgot to tell her about them. We took a walk around the property and sat by the river before heading into nearby Woodstock---overall an awesome time. We are fully expecting to be back for Valentine's day for another superb experience. Trust me, Mara and Yevgeniya do not disappoint!
"Excellent quiet bed and breakfast in Woodstock VT"
01/04/16 Mike A
My girlfriend and I had the good fortune to be staying at the Lincoln Inn for a lovely weekend away. We were greeted by Mara, the proprietor when we entered and seated us for dinner. The dinner was amazing, some of the best food I've ever had. We stayed the night in one of the comfortable rooms upstairs, but first we admired the library and fireplace downstairs. Our room was a simple one and we found it quite nice, and although the house was old we were still very satisfied with the room (number6). In the morning we came downstairs to one of the best breakfasts I have ever had. I cannot say enough about the quality of the food here, the chef Jevgenija is a treasure and her food needs to be experienced. From there, we strolled around the lovely property admiring the incredibly scenic views, before having to depart. I cannot recommend this Inn highly enough. Do yourself a favor and head up to Woodstock to check it out.
"Dinner "
12/20/15 Richard W
Mara and Eugenia (did I spell it right?) did it again! A marvelous meal with all the trimmings. The lamb, the salmon were both superb. You wouldn't like to move to Washington state would you? I can't say enough about the food, the atmosphere and the style of a single seating on any given evening. It's unique and wonderful. Dick and Carolyn
"A Cozy Little Treasure"
12/10/15 Roberta S Sedona, Arizona
The Lincoln Inn at the Covered Bridge is a beautiful little treasure; a cozy gem; an historic Inn on six acres with river frontage and a view and access to a charming covered bridge. Please note, this is not a commercial, city hotel, nor an elegant country manor house. This is a well maintained and nicely decorated, 19th century Vermont farmhouse turned into a charming, cozy Bed and Breakfast Inn. My husband and I enjoyed it so much we stayed for five nights of our six and half week cross country trip. Mara, the proprietor professionally pays attention to every detail from greeting you warmly by name to intelligently discussing everything from the history of the area to the pairing of the wines at dinner. Breakfasts are deliciously prepared though simple, but the culinary highlights are the prix fixe dinners offered a few evening during the week and the small plates offered on Tavern night with music. A lovely, relaxing choice for a Vermont vacation.
"Lovely quiet Inn on the river outside Woodstock."
11/02/15 Valerie T
My husband and I spent a lovely weekend at the Lincoln Inn for a mini honeymoon. What a lovely spot! The inn is right outside of Woodstock and in a quiet little corner right by the river. The 1800s house has wonderful creaky and uneven floors, warm wood, a fireplace, bar, library reading room and dining room in addition to the six rooms. Each room has a bit of a different feel with private bath and comfortable sheets, pillows and beds! Wonderful complementaty breakfast and water/coffee in the rooms as well. Mara and Jevgenija were spectacular hosts! Mara knows wine wonderfully and Jevgenija's dinner creations were SO affordable and worth the stay for dinner! Seriously, do yourself a favor and book for the prix fie four course European inspired mean. It is mouth watering and wonderful for sure! We will certainly be returning for quiet ambiance and such great, friendly hosts!
"Delightful experience "
10/29/15 aka_fitzy Sydney, Australia
We enjoyed one wonderful overnight stay here taking in the delicious degustation dinner as well. Our room was charming and had a lovely outlook across the adjacent river. Before dinner we got a bottle of wine from the bar and sat on chairs by the river to watch the sunset and the autumn foliage - really memorable. The 5 course degustation dinner was a culinary treat. The breakfast the following morning was one of he best I've had in accomodation. The Inn is a couple of miles outside the charming town of Woodstock which provided a rural tranquility that we enjoyed: It also made for a great nights sleep with the dark sky and silence. The staff are helpful and even entertaining. A memorable New England moment.
"We're Big City People"
10/17/15 Michael F Northbrook, Illinois
If you are used to the amenities of a Marriott, etc., you will be somewhat disappointed. While the people at Lincoln couldn't have been nicer, the room was tiny. Home cooked breakfast was ok. I guess it is hard to convert this City Person into a Country Folk.
"Lovely inn, be careful of Mon and Tue - no food available"
10/17/15 travellingbluebell London, United Kingdom
The two boys who greeted me were very welcoming and friendly, only showed me around and carried my case and was generally had very good customer service skills. My room was clean and looked very lovely, the view would have been great i'm sure in the sun, unfortunately i arrived in torrential rain. The bar looked cozy but with no food available, something that they say is clear on their website, but i booked through a third party and also received an email asking if i wanted to book for dinner, so didn't realise that the kitchen was closed on Mon & Tue, anyway, i went out for dinner in Woodstock which is about 15 mins down the road. My room was clean and comfortable and the wifi was brilliant. Breakfast the nxt morning was really nice though.