All hotels in Karon, Thailand
6 Soi Karon Soi 2, Karon, Phuket, 83100, Thailand, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Average stay"
Very relaxing stay. The two pools are very nice and the overall feeling at the resort is layed back and chill. I didnt like that the pools were closed at 7PM as it seems a little early. Our room wasnt in the newer building so we really didnt have much of a veiw of anything. The room was nice, but I believe this was the hardest bed we encountered during our 10 days in Thailand (they were all hard compared to USA standards). The Breakfast was just OK, nothing to special. We were at Breakfast at 6:30 because we had a fairy to catch, but they were still setting up and it took about 15 minutes to even provide glasses to get a drink. I liked the location as it was only a 2 minute walk to the beach, and maybe 5 minutes to restaurants in town.
1 night romance trip May 19, 2015
Ryan
"Excellent hotel"
it was a very wonderful experienced. The hotel was amazing and a slice of paradise. Very close to the beach and the hotel service was excellent. Foods are good and staff are quite helpful. Would definitely recommend this hotel. And come back again. s
6 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
"This is the place"
In my opinion, this was a 5 star hotel for a 1 star price. Very clean, very quiet, and about 300 feet from the Andaman Sea and beach. I originally booked for 2 nights and wound up staying for 7. I did not want to leave. The rooms were fantastic, exactly like the pictures.
Other trip Sep 11, 2014
"4 Days in Phuket"
I initially booked 2 nights at Katona and extended for 2 additional nights. Great location, right off the main road and tucked away at the bottom of a hill. The hotel is modern, updated, and clean. I was able to walk to all the restaurants and shops . Very well ticked , I paid. $33 per night while I was there and got a massage too.
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
Unbias report
"4 night stay in April"
Had a great beach view from our hotel room. We were lucky to get an end unit, with a front and side balcony. Hotel staff was friendly and informative. I was surprised to discover that this hotel caters to Russian tourist groups as our party was American. Not the friendliest travel situation as we were hoping to have more of a Thai experience. Breakfast was incredible and generous... Pool was amazing. Hotel grounds were spotless. All in all, an enjoyable stay.
Other trip May 13, 2014
Roberta
"CLOSE TO BEACH AND SHOPS"
The overall feel of this Resort was TROPICAL with a EARTHLY CHARM. Our stay was very pleasant. The room was clean and serviced daily. The room safe had a key - not code locked - which was annoying. The pool had blue tiles and mosaic flowers on the bottom and arty statues surrounding the edges giving it a very tropical feel. Day beds with umbrellas lined the tiered hill leading into the pool. Also you had to sign towels out and return by 6pm which was also annoying. Breakfast had all you could eat ranging from European to Thai foods. The location is only about five minute walk to Karon Beach and ten minuets to Kata Beach with lots of quaint shops and restaurants between both beaches. We ate at TWO CHEFS - food was fantastic! @ THE BEACH RESTAURANT - right opposite the little street out from the Resort - right on the beach with lapping waves and fairy lights to enjoy your lovely meal. Although the Resort is on a hill with lots of steps - No lifts to top floor rooms. (Keeps you Fit) I would recommend KARONA BEACH & SPA RESORT.
4 night romance trip Apr 26, 2014
Halina
"Beautiful,peaceful place for families"
Wonderful,small hotel directly across from a beautiful section of the beach. Within walking distance of fabulous food and shopping. The staff was very gracious and the room was very nice, we loved the walk in shower. Our beds were a little hard,but the ocean view window seat made up for it. This is a perfect hotel for families, very quiet. We did not want to be in the party zone of Patong. The pool was beautiful, we loved the sound of the waterfall. My 13 year old son really enjoyed the breakfast buffet every day. After spending time al over Phuket, we felt very lucky for our small,quiet little oasis.
Other trip Mar 10, 2013
CC
"Great Choice"
I was so relieved when we checked into the Karona Resort because I had never been to Phuket and didn't know anything about the area when I made the choice online. It had everything we wanted though. The resort, although mid-priced was extremely nice. It was across the street from one beach and just a short walk to the other. There were plenty of places to walk to for shopping and eating so it was close to everything we could want yet off of a side street so it was very quiet and secluded. Also the staff was excellent and they had a wonderful breakfast buffet included.
4 night romance trip Nov 21, 2012
Lynn
"Really mixed experience"
First, the good things...the staff was very helpful. When we arrived, we found out that one of us left our passport on the plane at Phuket airport (45 min away). The hotel manager took charge and called up the airline until he finally got a hold of someone who had found it. He handled this situation very well for us. Other pluses were the nice breakfast, the pool, the grounds and location to beach. However, I wouldn't stay here again. So, the negatives....free WIFI was available however it did not reach our room (109). This was not just our problem, as many people had to hang out in the lobby just to access WiFi. Obviously, we don't go on vacation just to be on the internet, but it's nice to decompress at the end of the day. When we were using WiFi, it continuously kicked us off. The login procedure is annoying throughout Thailand, so this made it even worse. We were always better off to go to a restaurant to access WiFi. It always worked better. The biggest issue for me was street noise. We stayed on a Mon-Wed. Each night from 10pm-1am (once til 2am) we could hear live music pounding through the resort from a bar on the street around the corner. So sleep didn't start until 1 or 2am. The pounding of the drum and bass and the notes of the guitar was so annoying. Finally, Karon beach was nice, quiet, sandy but we could not swim much because there were jellyfish everywhere. So no sleep, no wifi, not a great beach would all lead me to look somewhere else next time.
3 night family trip Nov 5, 2012
Arick
"Nice beach town"
The area was really nice and had some good restaurants. It was only about a five minutes walk to the beach. The only bad thing about our stay was the t.v was really choppy but that wasn't a big concern since we didn't spend a lot of time in the room. But everything else was good!
Trip with friends Aug 22, 2012

"Nice Resort Nearby Beach"
Got upgraded at check in from a Pool View Room to a Sea View Room but found the stairs too much hard work, so we were able to be moved back to a Pool View Room. Breakfasts were well presented and had a good choice of dishes for everyone. Lovely swimming pools. Didn't like interconnecting door to another room We were fortunate however that the other room was unoccupied during our stay.
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
Margie
"Sun loungers!"
Hotel was great. However a hotel with over 90 rooms should cater for their numbers! 28 sun loungers for this amount of rooms is not very good!! We came for a sunbathing holiday!!
11 night romance trip Jan 2, 2015
"Comfortable, close to the beach, staff just OK"
Karona resort and spa is overall a nice place to stay. The dining area is pleasant, by a little pond with the statues you'll see in the pictures here and they have a pool as well. Breakfast is decent-- they do fried/scrambled eggs for you fresh, and have lots of options. Fresh fruit, pancakes and also usually a few thai dishes too. The room is also decent, king size bed, good A/C and a clean enough bathroom. Its very close to the beach and walking distance to many shops etc, though there are some bad restaurants around. Better to turn left and go up the little hill than go right and walk into town. My one beef with this place is that on the day we were leaving, our ride hadn't shown up on time and the staff offered to call and ask about it. As she was on the phone, she got out her calculator, punched in a number and rudely said I had to pay her by the minute to make the phone call. It was pennies to me, but still just sort of a rude gesture. I've never stayed in a hotel where the staff didn't just do that sort of thing for you out of courtesy. I probably wouldn't go back here because of that, but overall its decent value for the money.
Other trip Nov 22, 2014
"Close to the beach"
Staff is caring and attentive to details. Generous spread for breakfast in the morning. Only thing is if you are staying there for some time you'll be eating the almost same thing day in, day out. Nice swimming pool, however spa does not work.
Other trip Sep 9, 2014
Anil
"Gorgeous, affordable hotel across from the beach"
This hotel went above and beyond any expectations I had. On arrival I was presented with a drink and a cold facecloth, and very friendly staff. My bag was brought to my room which was absolutely gorgeous and spotless. I had a balcony overlooking the pool and a great view of the ocean across the street. I had a massage at the spa on the resort which was very nice, and the continental breakfast was also very good. It's located a bit away from the main city but there are still a lot of attractions nearby, and there are tons of restaurants and markets within walking distance. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who's looking for a relaxing vacation!
Other trip Aug 28, 2014
Kallie
"Great hotel in a great location"
Would definitely stay here again if we visited Karon again. Lovely big room with nice shower that was always hot, nice views and a lovely pool area. The hotel staff in the restaurant were lovely and friendly, but it was a little difficult to communicate with the reception staff (not their fault though). The breakfast selection was good and fresh. A nice quiet place to hire mopeds and explore the south for a day, we went to the bug Buddha, wat chalong, the fish market, 2 or 3 beaches and view points and saw lots of elephants along the way. A 2-5 minute walk to shops and restaurants.
4 night trip with friends Aug 16, 2014
"the hotel is near the beach,restaurants & shops."
it was our first time in phuket & i ca say that we made the right choice of the hotel.the place is nice,the rooms are beautiful,unique,with a nice view of the beach...
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
FJ
SG
"Hotel close to local shops & restaurants"
Our family of 4 had a great time at Karona Resort. It was affordable and met all our needs. It was clean and very comfortable. We are regulars to Phuket but this was our first time at this hotel. We like the location as it is close to the restaurants - especially Dino's. Karon Beach is much quieter than Patong if you are looking for a relaxing holiday away from the crowds.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
Cheryl
"Quiet enough for a good break..."
Quieter than Patong beach if you are looking for a quiet break.... but close enough for other amenities... Food is easily available and beach is within reach although it's not swimmable most of the time...
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
esther
SG
"Disappointed compared to visit here 18 months ago."
Not helpful when wife was I'll. Manager also agreed breakfast would be available for us on our final morning at 6.15 am but little available even by 6.30. Breakfast from 6.00 am was detailed in room brochure. Manager informed us change written on room card as 6.15 to 10.00 am
Other trip May 13, 2014
"Nice hotel near Karona Beach"
Room was very nice and the bed was comfortable. Shower was nice, but had spotty hot water. We had problems with our AC not working very well. Those were our only problems. We would recommend people coming to this place, but would probably choose a different beach to stay on if we went back to Phuket.
Other trip Jan 28, 2014
"great location and value for money"
I was quite skeptical about Karona prior to the trip because I didn't know what to expect despite the resort having quite a number of good reviews. But the moment I arrived, I must say that I was quite pleasantly surprised. The view from the lobby that faced the guestrooms was beautiful and more importantly, the placed looked well-kept. I was given a room at the highest level with the beach view and it was pretty big. The room was also very clean and there were zero problems during the 3 nights I stayed there. The hospitality of the staff was amazing (especially the lady at the massage parlour) although I do think the experience could be made even better if they improved in their basic English. Slowing down and using simple sentences did the trick most of the time, but still gotta be patient since English isn't their first language :) Two things to note: 1. You gotta make payments at the Front Office to use the safety deposit box in your room. 2. Wi-fi is available and free. Just gotta get the username and password from the front office. I would highly recommend Karona Resort and Spa especially if you are on a budget. I had a wonderful holiday there with minimal issues plus had a clean and spacious room. Food and shopping are also available right outside the resort, so my partner and I weren't bored at night. The beach is just opposite when you come out of Karona too :)
Other trip Jan 18, 2014
Lotte
SG
"Nice place to stay at Karon"
Amazing breakfast, nice view. The staff has problem with understanding English. For 3 star hotel it was good. Did not like the bathroom.
Other trip Jan 6, 2014
elena
"Superb hotel"
Really enjoyed staying at this hotel, the whole experience was superb. We can thoroughly reccommend this hotel and it is in a great location.
6 night family trip Nov 24, 2013
Douglas
"Excellent Location .. Just across the beach."
Had a memorable stay. Sumptuous buffet breakfast and candle light dinner by the pool. Will surely come back.
Other trip Nov 26, 2013
Divyesh
"Better than I expected"
Had a very pleasant and relaxing stay at this hotel. The room was a good size (think I had a 'superior') although the ocean view was debatable the view was still a good one nevertheless. All amenities (shower, air con, etc) worked perfectly fine and good selection of beers in the mini bar. Nice pool to relax by but also very close to the beach so just a two minute wander over the road if that's your preference. The breakfast was fine. Lots of variety and changed on a daily basis. Nothing to write home about but more than adequate.
Other trip Oct 30, 2013
K
"Ok but noisy at night"
We stayed for two nights. We book the sea view room. Honestly i dont think you can see the sea from most of the rooms because there are trees in the way. Its quite noisy at night until around 12am because of the band / bass from the local bar. Pool was clean and nice to cool off in. Breakfast was average. For the price it was ok.
2 night trip Aug 17, 2013
"Good and affordable"
The hotel is tucked away, just a few steps from the main beach road in Karon, where Kata begins. It is reasonable quite, but it is a big hotel and there are quite some stairs to climb if you are on the top floor, for sea-view rooms. The rooms are nice but the beds are little too hard. The breakfast was ok, and they tried to have some variation every day. We were there off season, so there weren't that many people during our stay. It is a hotel recommended and used by some charter groups, so expect it to be busy during the peak season.
6 night trip with friends Jul 21, 2013
Hans
"Oasis near a beautiful beach - 9.5 out of 10"
*Pool Area: More than expected even from pictures. Gorgeous. *Breakfast: Superb. A huge display & array of food. Several dishes changed daily so you always had variety. Crispy bacon, fried & boiled eggs, omelettes made to order, fresh bread loaves, lots of hot dishes, yogurt, fruits, & salad. *Staff: English not their strong suit. Definitely not as knowledgeable about the area as a visitor would hope when asking for advice & seeking recommendations. Housekeeping staff were on their toes; the room was perfectly made up & items restocked every day. *Room: As expected from other guest’s photos. Totally acceptable for the price. If they wanted to modernise it a bit, all they would need is some neutral paint. *Bed: Several reviews described the firm beds (which I love). Unfortunately, it was too hard even for me; we had to ask for thin foam cover & softer pillows. I would highly recommend asking for the pillow top immediately. *Shower: Always hot & flowing with strong pressure. The age of the shower shows in the grout build-up, but no worse than most people would find in their own aged showers at home. *Location: If you're headed to Karon, this is the hotel to book. LITERALLY 50m to the most beautiful, calm, clean, beach I’ve ever seen. The town is nothing to write home about, but the beach makes it worth it. *Free Wi-fi Internet: Fast & reliable whilst in the lobby or by the pool, but it didn’t work in the room.
Other trip Mar 10, 2013
TC
We're very satisfied of our stay here,very quiet,clean and all the staff were very friendly and helpful.I will definitely come back again and recommend this place to my extended family and friends from Australia,and US.
6 night trip Feb 9, 2013
marilou
"I’m looking forward to go back"
I’m looking forward to go back, excellent location, friendly staff, beautiful sea view from deluxe room and lovely breakfast. The Hotel was mostly occupied with Russian guest.
Other trip Jan 3, 2013
Rita
"Very good service and location"
The hotel location is very good distance to the beach,the stuff were very nice
Other trip Oct 25, 2012
Gabi
"Nice view"
Great and enjoyable
Trip with friends Aug 22, 2012
Kelvin

"Пойдет"
Отель неплохой, но как и везде есть свои минусы и плюсы.
14 night romance trip Jun 8, 2015
Popovicheva
"perfekt"
nice and really good staff.
3 night trip with friends May 30, 2015
Heinz
CH
"PERFEKT BELIGGENHET, MEN LITT SLITENT HOTELL"
Veldig bra beliggenhet, meget hyggelig personell og romslige rom. MEN trenger vedlikehold mange steder, basseng med slitne grønne fliser, det ser skittent ut men er ikke det.. Veldig små terasser, havsutsikt er ikke alltid det man tror kan være delvis bare.. Mye rust på "gjerdet" rundt terasse og andre steder. Veldig harde solsenger og forsåvidt også de vanlige sengene på rommene, vledig harde ikke så veldig komfortable. Hoteller kjører litt dyrere priser på mat/drikke og taper en del kunder på dette, selv om ingenting er dyrt i Thailand så blir dte litt slik at hvorfor betale mer når man får rimeligere rett ved siden av
10 night romance trip Feb 1, 2015
Stein
"왠만하면 빠통으로 가세요 ㅎㅎ"
진짜 동양인자체가 없는 동네입니다 어딜가나 러시아 사람뿐이며 주변 레스토랑이나 가게 모두 러시아어로 되어있어요 ㅎㅎ 러시아온줄 ㅋ 숙박은 좋은데 뭐랄까 직원들이 친절하진 않아요 주변에 10시만 넘으면 너무 조용하고 해서 밤관광은 포기하시는게 좋아요 호텔 내 식당도 3일 동안 다른사람들이 이용하는 걸 못봤음 아침뷔페로 미루어봤을때 음식이 별로인듯해요 잠자고 숙소에서 쉬시기만 한다면 추천
3 night trip Dec 9, 2014
라도아빠
KR
"karon beach"
jätte bra ,trevlig personal ,bra läge nära strand och affärer mysigt bra frukost
10 night trip with friends Nov 24, 2014
Tommy
SE
"Hotel in Strandnähe"
Hotel in Strandnähe mit guten Frühstücksbuffet. Im Hotel sind viele Russen Hotel ist gepflegt und Personal nett
Other trip Nov 26, 2014
DE
"Hotell i nærhet til stranden"
Fint hotell, stille og rolig, hyggelig personale, fine basseng, god frokost, spa. Men noe nedslitt.
Other trip Nov 22, 2014
"朝食のおいしい落ち着けるホテル"
こじんまりしていて、とてものんびりできました。スタッフは親切で、英語で何でも対応してくれます。二日目からは、顔を覚えて、何も言わなくても鍵を渡してくれました。空港からは1200バーツくらいで、タクシーで一時間くらいです。貴重品は、部屋にもありますが有料なので、受付の横のボックスに毎日預けました。自分のカギと受付の人の鍵、二つであけるので安心です。ビーチタオルは、毎日一人一枚7時までに返さないといけませんが貸してもらえます。プールは、ベンチでのんびりしたり、プールもほぼ貸切状態で入れるし、快適です。ただ、夕方までしか入れないのが残念です。朝ご飯はとてもおいしく、毎日楽しみでした。朝早いと、ツアーを申し込んでいる東洋人が多く、朝ゆっくりだと、のんびりしている西洋人が多かったです。ビーチは歩いてすぐですが、波が高く、遊泳エリアが制限されているので、カタビーチまで歩くこともありました。歩いて15分くらいです。途中は、レストランやお店が並んでいて、歩くのも楽しみでした。歯ブラシはないので自分のを使いました。シャンプーはありましたが、お店で買って使いました。シャワーはお湯の出が悪いこともありました。冷房はよくきいていました。値段が安いのに、すっかりリゾート気分を味わうことができました。機会があればまた利用したいです。
Other trip Aug 28, 2014
M
JP
"สภาพโรงแรมไม่เหมิอนในรูป"
ควรปรับปรุงสภาพโรงแรม เพราะไม่สมราคาที่จ่ายไป ตอนใกล้เที่ยงจะมีเจ้าหน้าที่มาเคาะประคู แล้วเข้ามาอยู่ในห้อง ทั้งที่เรายังเก็บของไม่หมดเลย เหมือนกับเร่งให้เรารีป ออกไปจากห้อง ผมมีความรู้สึกไม่ดี กับการบริการ
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
pu
TH
"Demasiado cutre"
Los trabajadores son bordes, las habitaciones cutres... Y es como estar en Rusia, todos y todo es ruso. El desayuno no esta mal , la piscina es aceptable y la ubicación correcto.
Other trip Apr 4, 2014
alberto
ES
"很棒的住宿体验"
位置佳 海滩赞 服务好 被免费升级了 游泳池也很棒 性价比高 下次还会选择 也会推介给别人
1 night trip Mar 26, 2014
CN
Zimmer mit Meerblick im oberen Stockwerk buchen und Auto oder Roller mieten um die nächsten Strände und Orte zu erleben.
4 night trip Mar 11, 2014
DE
"Muy mal hotel"
Muy mal servicio. Muy mal hotel . Camas duras muy mal ubicado
3 night romance trip Mar 14, 2014
Muy mal hotel
CL
"Чудесный отдых"
Отель очень хороший, шикарный бассейн, все утопает в зелени, отличные завтраки на любой вкус, рекомендую семьям с детками! Номера в стиле бунгало, убирают каждый день хорошо, но иногда забывают поставить гель для душа и шампунь. В отеле хороший и не дорогой спа, понравилось! Расположение супер! Рядом все, не дорогие кафе в сторону Карона, магазинчики, аптека, обменник в сторону Ката. Пляж просто шикарный, чистый, красивый, вода прозрачная. Шезлонги по 100 батт, мы вылились на полотенцах на песочке. Отель рекомендую семейным парам и тем кто хочет спокойно отдохнуть от суеты.
14 night trip Mar 2, 2014
Кирилл
"отличный отдых"
Отдыхали в первых числах марта семьей с ребенком. Море пляж отель нам очень понравились. Отель зеленый ухоженный с двухуровневым бассейном. Вид из номера на бассейн и море прелесть! До моря пять минут. Утром у камней на пляже кормили рыбок хлебом. Ребенок был счастлив.
10 night family trip Mar 2, 2014
Наталья
RU
"отличный отель в своём классе"
Отличное месторасположение (до пляжа 2-3 минуты), приветливый персонал. Хорошие завтраки. Ежедневная и не доставляющая неудобств уборка в номерах. Соотношение цена-качество просто прекрасное. Отличный спа в отеле(особенно массаж).
12 night trip Dec 13, 2013
Valeriy
"Next to the beach"
Plusses: 3 minute walk to southern end of Karon beach, very nice breakfast, good service, good bed. Minuses: at least in the ocean view rooms the soundproofing between rooms was basicly non-existent. In overall, good value and we would definetly stay there again.
4 night romance trip Nov 24, 2013