All hotels in San Luis Obispo, California, United States of America
1951 Monterey St, San Luis Obispo, CA, 93401, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1592

"No Water pressure shower"
The shower was broken and barely ran water
1 night family trip Mar 5, 2015
"Don't bother"
Very dirty carpet, especially in the corners. Rude desk clerk (owner?).
2 night trip Feb 15, 2015
"Not up to Super 8 standards."
The man who checked me in was kind and professional. (Loren). However, the breakfast was beyond disgusting and the rooms were small even by cheap hotel standards. Another guest pointed out to the manager that the coffee had run out, as it had become nothing but a trickle of light-brown water. After denying it for a while, the manager finally agreed to check. When he opened the top of the machine, though, he revealed that it wasn't coffee at all. There was a box of syrup in there dripping into the water through a tube. My room was on the third floor (no elevator). I don't mind walking, even with luggage, but the steps near my room were broken and it was difficult to get over them safely.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
Molly
"Not up to Super 8 standards"
Mr. Loren (sp?) at the check-in desk was very kind and professional. The rest of the experience, however, was below average, even for a cheap motel. Rooms were unusually small and breakfast was hideous. Yes, I stay in inexpensive lodgings a lot, so I know breakfasts are not going to be great. But this . . .another guest told the manager they were out of coffee, as the flow had become just a light brown trickle of hot water. The manager argued with him at first and then finally agreed to check. When he opened the machine, it wasn't even coffee inside--it was a box of brown syrup with a tube. Yikes! My room was on the third floor (no elevator). I don't mind walking, even with luggage, but the steps near my room were broken and uneven, making it kind of treacherous every time I went in or out. The price was higher than one would expect for a bottom-tier motel. People in our group paid anywhere from $100 to $140/night for this place. If it were still $8 a night (or, say $59) the conditions would make more sense. But you can get better value than this from other motels close by.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
Molly
"Tuesday Wednesday getaway"
Everything overall was nice, just had a couple of issues. 1) When we were walking down the stairs to get to our car, one of the steps literally crumbled when one of my friends steped on it, which was a little scary. 2) the power went out at like 3 in the morning, which would have been fine if the lights didn't all come back on when the power did and then because of the power outage the fire alarm beeped the rest of the night about once a minute. But the location was nice, I definitely felt safe.
1 night trip with friends Feb 10, 2015
Kyle
"Go camping instead of staying here!"
This could be the very worst motel I have ever stayed at. The room smelled. It had black mold in the shower. The bed had some kind of bugs that bit my arms and legs. I should have stayed at a campground instead.
1 night business trip Feb 3, 2015
richard
"Super 8 is good"
The stay was great and relaxing.
1 night romance trip Jan 10, 2015
Vamsi
One night stay and it was comfortable, breakfast was good and the staff was courteous.
1 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
Manuel
"Overnighter"
The hotel was nice for a stop over. The bed was the stand out feature, very comfortable, which is a rarefind in a hotel for us. We slept well. The bathroom light came on automatically which was a major annoyance in the middle of the night. The room was nice over all....not too small and not too large. The TV was small though. The breakfast was minimal. We would stay again but seek out another place to have breakfast.
1 night romance trip Dec 29, 2014
Barry
"three night stay"
No frills. Worth the money. Room was clean and bed comfortable. Breakfast choices was mediocre.
3 night romance trip Dec 25, 2014
Sunil
Nice for one night
1 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
"Ok hotel for a stop over"
Ok hotel for a stop over no frills It can use some updating
1 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
"beautiful everything"
the room was snappy-good-clean. Staff helpful beyond duty. breakfast good. I will look this place up again when passing through.
1 night family trip Dec 24, 2014
Drake
"Okay"
Okay but the continental breakfast was stuck, the room we clean and staff was nice
Other trip Dec 24, 2014
"Nothing fancy -- but clean and comfortable"
Perfectly adequate for an overnight stay. Meager breakfast in the lobby but a full-service breakfast restaurant a few doors away. Motel is conveniently located right off Hwy 101.
1 night trip with friends Dec 13, 2014
"Close to CalPoly campus"
Convenient, no frills and good bargain for a short stay. This was my second visit. The staff are nice and helpful.
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
Rob
"big bang for your buck"
for the cost, this motel was a good value.
1 night trip Nov 13, 2014
lindaa
"Needs to be maintained."
Dirty hotel and well maintained.
1 night family trip Nov 1, 2014
"San Luis Obispo hotel stay"
Hotel was ok, not luxurious but wasn't expecting it to be. Clean, fairly quiet, a bit farther to downtown than I expected, a bit far for walking, but otherwise ok, no nasty surprises, was satisfied with room.
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
"Good For an Overnight Stay"
The rooms need a little TLC, but the area was quiet. The breakfast could be improved including a few more items and a little more area to eat. The breakfast eating area was cramped for a family of 4 if you didn't get there early.
1 night family trip Oct 18, 2014
Danielle
"Convenient location to downtown SLO and local area"
I would recommend this motel because of the price and location. It is an older place and definitely not a luxury hotel which if you want to stay in one and pay at least twice as much are also next door and nearby. But the point of staying here was to attend a wedding and our stay was short so we just needed a place to land our stuff, clean up, and get out the door. We didn't need the amenities of a luxury hotel for our short stay. That being said, the management staff was very nice and professional and the room was clean. Breakfast and Wi-Fi as promised. And the place was full over the weekend. (And truly the location is great, off 101, Apple Farm Restaurant right there, and close to downtown SLO, where there is a bunch more restaurants, pubs, etc..)
2 night trip Sep 26, 2014
Patty
"All around great place"
Easy walk to downtown, farmers market on thursday nights, great place to stay.
2 night trip Sep 17, 2014
"Good value for the money"
My wife and I stayed one night at the SLO Super 8 before exploring the city the next day. Upon check-in I asked if we could stay past the 11:00 AM check-out time, and was told this would be no problem as long as we were out by noon. We checked out at 11:30 the next day, and the front desk cashier was very gracious - they kept to their pledge of the evening before. The king-size bed was very comfortable and the location was a quiet one - we both slept soundly, which is somewhat unusual when we're not in our own bed. The room was clean, the shower/tub produced just the right warmth and volume of water flow, the wifi worked well, and the continental breakfast (served in the lobby) was healthy and tasty, if not distinguished. The room was an excellent value, considering the competition in SLO, and I'd definitely book a room at the Super 8 again.
1 night trip Sep 5, 2014
"Beautiful area, unfortunately the hotel was not."
Outdated and overpriced, shop around . The area and shops, restaurants and people are all very nice. Make your reservations early and be sure to read the reviews before making a choice in hotels.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
Liz
Everything was good. Would be even better if they had eggs for breakfast.
Other trip Aug 30, 2014
Andrei
"Very helpful."
I left my iPad. They contacted my husband. I was able to retrieve it quickly.
1 night business trip Aug 10, 2014
Sandy
"Great place to stay! But not a vacation."
Hotel staff was simply the rudest people I've ever dealt with. They literally pushed the contract across the table and stared at me without saying a single word. The room however was modern and clean. Comfy pillows and bed with great air conditioning. This is a great stopover room if you need a place to crash on your way somewhere else, but DO NOT vacation at this place. I'd stay there again cause it was super cheap and private and comfy, knowing that the staff is a nightmare but that's unavoidable.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
Kurtis
"Close to Cal Poly"
Overall okay. My only issue is that they cut my access to their WiFi one hour before checkout.
2 night trip Aug 3, 2014
"Very affordable"
Check in time at 3 seemed a little late, but management was accommodating and friendly. Room was clean, low on amenities no pool but it was substantially more affordable, quiet and worked great for the night. Other hotels nearby had more of a theme and more character but if your in need of a place to sleep it was an excellent place.
1 night trip Jul 27, 2014
Brent
"A night on the road"
Road tripping through Cali. Stopped here by luck and loved it. Close to everything we wanted....restaurants and gas. Quiet and comfortable. A great stay.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
Jim & Cathy
"NOT HAPPY"
AC was not working it was ho.t they did provide us a fan but still not what I expected with the price of the room.
1 night romance trip Jul 25, 2014
"Very nice place to stay affordably"
I would highly recommend this place
1 night family trip Jul 17, 2014
Part
Surprisingly clean and nice for the cost! Especially after staying at the run down Travel Lodge just a few hotels down in April for the same price! Would stay here again!
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
"easy in and out"
as expected
1 night trip Jul 11, 2014
bill
"close to cal poly slo"
Pleasant and comfortable, close to down town and cal poly slo
2 night trip Jul 9, 2014
Decent hotel, overpriced for the value it offers in comparison to similar hotels in other cities. Safe location And courteous staff.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
rick m
It was a bit overpriced - there fore the overall rating.
1 night trip Jul 5, 2014
"Very Nice"
really liked the hotel, would stay there again
1 night family trip Jun 28, 2014
Raj
"Just okay"
Our stay there was surprising because they had such terrible reviews. I was half expecting to arrive in a room with T - shirts as pillow cases and just a sheet on the bed. But the room was perfect. It was clean and ready for us. I was sad to see a concrete slab where the pool used to be, but I survived without it. The continental breakfast was just like any other. Water pressure on the shower was just fine. Overall a very comfortable stay. There were only two downsides to the room/hotel. One-paper thin walls; I don't necessarily want to be woken up in the morning by the neighbors very terrible, 10 second quickie. Two - terrible parking with people who do not understand the concept of a compact car. Basically there needs to be a consequence for someone who thinks it is okay to park a lifted bro truck in a space half the size.
1 night business trip Jul 3, 2014
"Good and close to college"
House keeping staff did excellent work. Paint peeling in shower, broken facia on A/C unit not too pretty. Breakfast slim on the proteins, coffee machine not great tasting. Hot tub cemented over, it would have been nice to have used that.
3 night business trip Jun 29, 2014
"Basic Motel"
All accommodations are overpriced in San Luis Obispo. Super 8 was one of the least expensive. It reflected the fact that it was one of the least expensive with worn, but clean, bedding. Hair dryer was broken, walls are thin, but we felt safe in this neighborhood.
1 night business trip Jun 20, 2014
"Comfortable Beds!"
Needed an affordable place at the last minute to house my daughter and her new Kitten. They charge an additional $10 per night for pets. The beds were amazingly comfortable with 3 perfect pillows per double bed. The rest was secondary to me. The sink had a slow drain and the bathroom light and fan turned on automatically when you entered. This was unfavorable for the middle of the night visit. The TV remote and the phone needed a good scrubbing. TThe managers were polite and they offer a continental breakfast. Their coffee from the breakfast was very good! Better than the instant coffee in the room.
2 night business trip May 29, 2014
The manager's were efficient and responsive. Saved my pillow for me, which I had left in the room. Staff was very friendly.
1 night trip May 12, 2014
Enjoyed my stay because my dog was with me. So many hotels do not allow dogs. Friendly staff, comfy rooms and so many places close by. Hotel also offers breakfast.
Other trip May 6, 2014
sylvia
"Decent hotel, it's aight"
Stayed for one night. Hotel staff was very friendly
Other trip Apr 27, 2014
jude
"good stay"
I was a little worried at first thinking it would be completely different from the reviews I had read online and what not but everything was good about our stay a good place for a simple one night.
1 night trip with friends Apr 20, 2014
"SERVICE WAS BAD!!!"
Lets start with check in ...The woman at the desk would not get off the phone to help us then tells us check in is 2pm it was a lil after 1pm. Then back to clammering in indian on the phone. 6pm returned to check in our reservations were for two beds the room had one she did make it right $20.00 extra cash only no recipt. 2am had to call the police fighting outside our room on the third floor. And the breakfast what a joke. Room was not clean sheets and towels looked to be twenty years old. I would rather sleep in my car and shower in a gas station bathroom. I have stayed at 100s of hotels/motels this is the worst.
1 night trip Apr 19, 2014
TIM
Wished breakfast was provided
2 night trip Mar 28, 2014
Sam
"good for overnight stay"
We chose this Motel for an overnight stay on the route from LA to SF, as most likely most visitors do. It was the cheapest one around, and I can recommend it overall for that purpose. It is in walking distance to the city center with a couple of nice bars and clubs. But don't expect too much from the offered breakfast... The coffee was just black water, undrinkable, and the choice of food was rather poor, too.
1 night trip Mar 15, 2014
daniel
"Very affordable. No great luxury but comfortable."
I paid about $57 a night. Well worth it. Rooms are small, but it was clean, comfortable. I would stay again.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014