All hotels in Wildwood, New Jersey, United States of America
305 E. Rio Grande Avenue, Wildwood, NJ, 08260, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great place for family"
We stayed here as my daughter had a sporting event at the Wildwood convention center. It was within walking distance of the center and boardwalk. Rooms were clean and well stocked with a cute little kitchenette. Pool was nice and the staff was extremely friendly. They even offered for us to stay and use the pool after check out! I would stay there again.
2 night trip May 9, 2014
"super cute hotel"
I chose this hotel because of the availability of multiroom suites. Our "room" consisted of a sitting area with sofabed, eating area, kitchenette, bedroom with 2 double beds and a bathroom. We were pleasantly surprised to find all areas to be ample size, clean, comfortable, in good working order, and well stocked. The bathroom amenities were from Philosophy, which is a favorite brand of ours and we considered a plus. The bed was one of the most lushly appointed and comfy beds I've encountered in a hotel. The rest of the areas were adorably appointed in a early 60's retro theme. The rest of the hotel did not offer much - there was a nicely heated outdoor pool and hot tub and a simple continental breakfast was offered - management made an effort to serve breakfast an hour early to accomodate the numerous guests they had that weekend that were attending an early competition at the nearby convention center. There is no restaurant or bar, but the surrounding neighborhood offers plenty of options. The hotels location is convenient to the beach, boardwalk and convention center - about a 10 minute walk to all. The management also allowed us to park at the hotel after we'd checked out, and invited us to come back after the competition to use the bathrooms at the hotel, even though we'd checked out. I found that to be extremely gracious. There is unfortunately a very noisy "party" hotel across the street - my only real negative opinion, and parking is limited.
1 night trip May 9, 2014
Susan Wise
A nice funky place to stay.
1 night trip May 8, 2014
"love it !"
Super clean rooms nice people great pool !
1 night family trip May 4, 2014
"close to convention center"
Perfect
1 night trip May 1, 2014
Everything was excellent. Also near main recreational sites.
1 night trip Apr 26, 2014
Ronald Cassmassine
"Great stay at a wonderful hotel."
I very recently stayed at starlux for 2 nights. They upgraded me to a suite room as I was celebrating my anniversary. The rooms are very colorful and appealing. It's different from the usual box rooms at small hotels. The staff was ultra friendly and very quick to check in and check out. The location is superb !!! Couldn't have asked for a better location. All in all, I would return back to stay here. Thumbs up.
2 night trip Apr 25, 2014
"Very Friendly"
We enjoyed our stay at the Starlux. Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was very clean. The only drawback was the location was a little noisy being in the "Heart" of Wildwood, which didn't bother our teenage daughter at all.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
Paula
"A place to stay"
I think, if we went in the summer, it would have been better, not too many choices open for the kids to eat. The kids would have had something to do we were just a block from the board walk. But overall for somewhere to sleep for a night, if was fine and the hotel staff were GREAT!
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
Liz
"Nice hotel very close to the boardwalk."
We had a great time at Starlux hotel. The hotel was under maintenance but we enjoyed our stay, even though the beds are not very comfortable. Room cleanliness was great. Hotel staff is very friendly.
Other trip Apr 25, 2014
Ray
"Coolio!"
Fun hotel- very clean and well-maintained. Great place to stay and take in the crazy DooWop architecture of Wildwood, and it's a quick trip down to Cape May. What's cooler than your own lava lamp in your room?!
3 night family trip Apr 14, 2014
"Fun and funky!"
The room was so cute and very clean. Loved the pig made out of towels that greeted us upon arrival. Only disappointing part was our lava lamp was broke. Definitely recommend as a creative alternative to ordinary hotels!
Other trip Nov 25, 2013
"Very nice hotel, close to the beach"
We had a great time with our grandson, would definitely go back again. The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable, micro wave and refrigerator. Would definitely recommend to a friend. We plan on going back during the summer.
Other trip Nov 25, 2013
Davdi32
"come on!"
Are you serious? I had to stay there for 5 hours that's why I didn't want to spend a lot of money but come on! I did not know that they still have these hotels. I used to pay 29.99 for these rooms! May be I am out of the loop! That's it may be its just me! never mind !
1 night trip Nov 19, 2013
Chefo
Great place to stay, clean, plenty of space. Would love to return during prime season.
1 night trip Nov 14, 2013
Lynnette
"Boardwalk stay"
This is a funky little property stuck in a time warp; in a good way. It's a theme motel set in the funky late sixties to early seventies. The decor and architecture makes one think that this was one swingin' spot back in the day. It is nostalgic but not dated. It appears clean and well maintained with a clear intent to bring back those memories rather than forgotten and left to deteriorate. No more than 50 yards from the boardwalk on the main road into town from the GS Parkway it is between the pier and the convention center. I was in town for my last overnight stopover on business and would have stayed another night but the town was nearly deserted as the season is over. I'll be back to check it out in the summer, no doubt!
1 night business trip Nov 1, 2013
"very good staff"
Everything conformed to the '50's theme. Interesting to see how they carried out their theme in everything -- bicycles, lava lamps, even the soap and lotions colors. Soft pillows, fluffy towels, comfortable, clean, 2-3 star motel.
2 night trip Oct 20, 2013
"Great service!"
The customer service was great! The rooms were very clean and well equipped. They were also very well maintained, especially for being an older hotel. I would definitely stay at this hotel if I am in the area again.
1 night trip with friends Oct 17, 2013
Loved the fact that we were right next to the boardwalk, the rooms were really nice with a fridge, dinnerware, microwave & the decor was awesome. I will definitely come back here.
1 night family trip Oct 18, 2013
Hari D
"Great place"
We enjoyed our stay. The jacuzzi and pool were relaxing as was the deck area. We were comfortable and it was quiet. Would stay here again. Cofee service was skimpy so bring your own.
2 night romance trip Oct 15, 2013
Mreim
"Perfect!"
Very affordable, the Airstream trailer was a blast from the past ! Steps from the boardwalk and beach. The heated pool was a bonus at this time of year (oct). Everyone was very nice and helpful! Plus there were complimentary laundry facilities, an unexpected surprise!
1 night family trip Oct 13, 2013
Rae-Rae and RayRay
Wonderful place to stay. Very clean and comfortable ; plush towels that rival the high end hotels we've stayed at. Staff very friendly, and their pool is great as well. The overall atmosphere is pleasantly right out of the Jetsons and the 50s with a Lava lamp in the room and overall decor that had us waiting for George and Jane Jetson to greet us at check in.
1 night trip with friends Oct 6, 2013
M. Keith
We really liked the heated pool and spa. The temperatures were perfect.
1 night trip Sep 22, 2013
"Decent Hotel, great location"
Stayed at the Starlux hotel in Wildwood New Jersey, and I've got to say it was an overall pleasant experience. It's location can not be beat in Wildwood. You're a block away from the beach, the boardwalk, and all the things that make Wildwood a blast. The hotel is clean, tidy, has great features. Most importantly the staff was outstanding and went out of their way to make sure we were taken care of.
Other trip Sep 19, 2013
"fun stay"
had a nice ,relaxing time...in off season Wildwood.
2 night trip Sep 15, 2013
mike m
"Hotel staff were very eager to accomidate"
Everything was wonderful except the bedroom area had a bad odor. on a positive note, I love that they offered free use of bikes and the pool was heated!
Other trip Sep 16, 2013
Shelley
"awesome"
Everything was groovy. Rooms were so cool right down to the lava lamps. Pool was heated and clean. Free bikes were perfect. I want to live there. !
2 night trip Sep 9, 2013
karen
"Even cuter than the pictures!"
The Starlux has gone to great lengths to ensure a complete Wildwood Doo Wop experience - from the retro architecture, mid-century furnishings, beautiful lounge overlooking the pool, great beach location and a lava lamp in every room. We stayed in one of the private Airstreams - and the whole set up is just too cute - right down to the lit tail lights and hanging lanterns. The staff is attentive, helpful and just simply very nice. Do take them up on the offer to borrow bikes or beach chairs. The whole place is very well kept and clean - you will not be disappointed - we think it is the coolest hotel in the whole area.
Other trip Sep 12, 2013
charlie
"My family had a great stay at the Starlux."
We had a great stay at the Starlux. Hotel was only a block from the beach and boardwalk. Pool was very nice and we really liked that the hotel had their own bikes to use. They also provide all the beach gear you need. We would definitely recommend staying here, and look forward to our next stay!
Other trip Sep 10, 2013
"Very clean!"
This is a great hotel. Will def stay again!
3 night romance trip Sep 5, 2013
Barbara S.
"Close to the beach, room was clean and beautiful"
Staff was helpful and friendly and told us where to go and what to do
Other trip Sep 10, 2013
"It was okay. Nothing to rave about....."
Hot tub was loaded with kids....pool was small. Room was to small.
Other trip Sep 7, 2013
"Good deal"
The bed sheets and towels are clean, but the room we got is not in very good condition, it's close to the elevator. We got a deal from hotels.com so it's all right. The only thing is the fridge is making loud noise.
2 night family trip Sep 2, 2013
"great kitsch look and fun trailer room"
This hotel has a very central location and we stayed in a beautiful trailer that has a great retro feel and furnishings. We even had plenty of kitchen appliances in the room. Fun hotel experience.
1 night business trip Sep 2, 2013
Best staff.....Everyone was very helpful and friendly...Nice room..we had the 2 room suite and it was great..We will stay again for sure..
1 night trip Aug 29, 2013
"a true "shore" experience"
location was great, hotel staff more than accommodating, free bike rentals for the boardwalk was fabulous and rooms were clean and comfy! We will stay here again!
4 night trip Aug 19, 2013
"Close to many popular spots, such as Cape May."
Staff was very helpful and personable. Were able to answer questions and provided us with whatever we needed, including bikes to ride along the boardwalk at Wildwood.
Other trip Aug 17, 2013
Charlie
"Wonderful visit!"
Whole family had a wonderful time! Will totally stay here again. The kids loved the pool and hot tub. 1 block away from the beach and boardwalk. We loved that we could take beach buggies, chairs, umbrellas and anything you need free of charge. Was also able to take bikes to ride on the boardwalk. Staff was very helpful and accommodating as well. Rooms were small though- and they do have 2 trailers that are part of the hotel across the street- which seemed sketchy.
2 night family trip Aug 11, 2013
"The Airstream Land Yacht trailer was awesome!"
My daughter and I spent a night and really enjoyed the experience. The staff was friendly and helpful. The pool and common areas were great. And we were just a block away from the boardwalk!
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
"good location"
Close to Boardwalk and Beach. Everything we needed was within walking distance
3 night family trip Jul 21, 2013
Tara
"Great hotel!!"
We choose this hotel from the website. The reviews were correct. We have two small children and this was the perfect hotel for us. Loved the free bikes for a morning ride on the boardwalk!!!
1 night trip Jul 23, 2013
"Horrible"
We ordere d a room with 2 double beds and when we got there it was a small trailer in the parking lot
7 night family trip Jul 7, 2013
Tomas
"Nice hotel, just steps from beach and boardwalk"
We got a one bedroom suite in this retro hotel which was very nice. They have tons of amenities -- many that we did not get to take advantage of. Their pool is nice and clean and wasn't overly crowded. The room was very spacious and clean, more than enough room for the four of us. Unlike many of the Mom-and-Pop hotels in Wildwood which have in-window air conditioning units, The Starlux was more modern and thus no musty smells. The only downside to the hotel was the lighting. Inside lighting in the evening was not terribly adequate. An outside light turned on at night outside the door to the room was terribly bright and with no room darkening shades/curtains could make it difficult to sleep. Otherwise we really enjoyed this hotel. Will definitely stay there again!
Other trip Jul 5, 2013
"Amazing! Stay here!!!"
This experience was so great! My daughter and I did not want to leave. We will be back again and again!! We are already trying to figure out our next trip dates. It is so close to the beach and they have complimentary bikes for guest use. The staff were all very kind and helpful. We stayed in one of the trailers........my daughter thought it was the greatest thing ever.
Other trip Jun 30, 2013
Summer
"“Wonderful stay!”"
We stayed here for 5 nites last week during our family's 1st trip to Wildwood, NJ. I'll summarize the pros and cons. Overall, a great stay. Pros: Heated pool to 80+ degree and hottub which I used almost everyday. This is the best amenities of this hotel. Hotel also provides complimentary bikes, beach umbrella and chairs (one of the few places that do) Clean room, thick large towels, shampoo/conditioner, hair dryer, coffee powder in the room Kitchenette is well equipped with microwave, large, new refrigerator, coffee maker (including decaf powder), toaster, utencils. I took all these for granted until I stayed at Sahara Motel. Close to Wildwood sign and close to boardwalk Bed are very comfortable, including the pull out sofa bed in the living room Cons: Front desk lady is nice but the one guy is not very friendly. Staff are mixed. Complimentary breakfast is very, very basic. Plain bagel and mini muffin, coffee and juice, nothing fancy No oceanview except a side view from our balcony Price is expensive relative to other motels in the area, especially for June which is a lower price season of summer
5 night trip Jun 16, 2013
Lay
"A good time was had by all!!!"
Great hotel, would definitely go back again. Icing on the cake was the staff!!! Everyone was pleasant and helpful with a smile on their face. Special thanks out to Jackie!!
2 night family trip Jun 19, 2013
Janet
"Always a great time at the Starlux"
We stay at the Starlux every year, it's a great little motel. Very well managed, we never have any issue. The rooms are always clean and the amenities are fantastic for a motel of this size
Other trip Jun 21, 2013
Bud
"Loved the experience"
We were very close to the board walk and beach. The airstream was retro but not old or outdated. It was so much fun and more comfortable than you would think for a small space. We are very pleased that wechoose to stay here.
Other trip Jun 20, 2013
TW
"Best Hotel in Wildwood"
I've been going to WWNJ all my life first with my parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins, and now with my husband and kids. We'd always stayed in the "typical" Wildwood motel- aging, bare neccessities, modestly priced. This time I decided to look for something a little different and I was so pleasantly surprised by the Starlux! The room was cute, comfy, clean. The elevator worked. The front desk staff were professional and helpful. The pool/hot tub area was clean, beautiful, and a lot of fun. Being walking distance to restaurants, the beach, and the boardwalk was a major plus, and the ice cream parlor across the street was a huge hit with my kids! We'll be going back to the Starlux for years to come!
Other trip Jun 14, 2013
Scroogy
"great place great employees"
What a great place, the employees are great and helpful. Close to boardwalk. The atmosphere was great, pool was warm and clean. Great to have bikes that were available and be able to grill. We will be staying again.
2 night family trip Jun 6, 2013