All hotels in Schwechat, Austria

Food is all right
    Room is not nice
    Poor vibe
    Bad amenities
Hotel desk was helpful and friendly. Hotel cleaning got us in on an early check in. Airport Shuttle was prompt.
1 night family trip Dec 30, 2015
Judith
Desk was helpful with early check in and shuttle to airport.
1 night family trip Dec 30, 2015
Judith
Only if necessary
1 night romance trip Oct 22, 2015
We were pleasantly surprised by the Arion. It was our last night before returning to the states. Very good value.
1 night romance trip Oct 4, 2015
Patrick
"Pillow Trouble"
The pillows were too large, they kinked my head when I tried to lay down. They were made of foam chunks and were not smooth.
1 night romance trip Sep 27, 2015
Kahlile
"A hidden gem"
Drab looking hotel in a drab neighborhood. But rooms have been very well redone recently. They are large, comfortable and very clean. Restaurant surprisingly good. Nice if small beer garden. Reception a bit rough. Good transportation to the airport
1 night family trip Sep 5, 2015
"Absolutely stay away"
Big mistake staying here. This is not actually that close to the airport... And it is in quaint residential area without anything (shops, facilities) close to it. There is no air conditioning, and in hot and humid Vienna summer that is big deal. So you open the window... And realize there are people on the terrac down below talking loudly all night (presumably waiting for shuttle to the airport leaving each 30 minutes). So... No sleep. No safe lockers in rooms, broken fridge. Nearest transport is train station about 20 min walk away. Restaurant is abysmally bad... On the day we came it was closed as chef was "sick". Since there is no air conditioning, people leave doors of rooms open so it feels like half way house. Listen to me... And absolutely do stay away.
Other trip Aug 14, 2015
"SHUTTLE BUS"
NO SHUTTLE BUS TO AIRPORT, ALTHOUGH ONE CAN SEE A NICE PHOTO OF ONE ON THEIR WEB-SITE, ASSURING THAT THEY OFFER ONE. 20 EURO WITH TAXI EACH DIRECTION, NO OTHER SIMPLE OPTION AVAILABLE. HOTEL PROMISED A SHUTTLE BUS FOR THE MORNING TO GO BACK TO AIRPORT, A PRIVATE CAR WAS WAITING, AND I WAS CHARGED 15 EURO FOR THE SHORT RIDE. NEVER AGAIN.
1 night business trip Jun 16, 2015
amir
"Not for non-smokers"
We used this hotel for one night, before our flight. Unfortunately, a mostly negative experience. The hotel does not have air conditioning. The weather in Vienna was very warm, so the room, situated at the first level, was hot. We opened the windows to let some air circulate. However, the room was exactly near the location where smokers were enjoying their habit, so the smoke will come into our (non-smoking) room! Even the reception person was smoking outside our window! The room was very basic, without refrigerator or safe. Bath was OK. Beds were acceptable.
Other trip Jun 14, 2015
Marcel
"Hotel far away from central Vienna"
The station to the metro is about 15 minute walk. From there you ride to central Vienna to the main attractions. When we were out late to enjoy the night in central Vienna we left at 12am and there are NO metros to get you back to Arion Hotel. You have to pay a taxi back and they charge extra to get you back about €50.
Other trip May 11, 2015
Lainie
"great for one night stand"
The night receptionist was super help full, the day receptionist was rude and very dry... the internet in my room didn't work well I think because my rom was far away from the hot spot but was a bit anoying.
1 night business trip Mar 16, 2015
Patrick
"Arion"
Overall not bad, for a sleep and fly option,
1 night business trip Jan 15, 2015
We needed a hotel close to the Vienna airport. The room was very hot and the window didn't open in our room. None of us slept very well. The food in the restaurant was very good, however.
Other trip Jan 7, 2015
"Great Staff"
Industrial location, nice hotel. Staff very accommodating. Worked to meet dietary needs on Christmas evening.
1 night family trip Dec 25, 2014
Duane
No hot breakfast, no food available from vending area, smoker area in front of the main entrance.
Other trip Dec 5, 2014
"Good hotel"
Hotel is about 15 min drive from airport. Taxi fare approx 16 euros. Room was fine, nothing fancy, but renovated, and clean.
Other trip Nov 23, 2014
"very restful"
Everybody was nice. It was all good.
1 night trip Oct 21, 2014
had to call for the transfer that I paid for with the room fee, other than waiting a short time for that, the rest of the short stay was comfortable. Would like to add the reason transfer was not there, was hotel.com did not offer a site to set up the pick time.
1 night trip Oct 21, 2014
"Business hotel for VIE departure"
Perfect for what I needed. Stayed here the night before flying out, had a great traditional meal at the restaurant, sizable room and bathroom, and clean. Would highly recommend this hotel for a 1 night stay. It is located in a quiet business-center type neighborhood.
1 night family trip Oct 15, 2014
"Average"
The internet provided was poor at best in my first room. They were reluctant to change my rooms but did so after I started to complain about the internet service. The second room wasn't that much better for internet service. The restaurant was great and the service was outstanding both for dinner and the next morning for breakfast.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
Great rooms !! Very nice hotel staff and hospitality staff. Supurb place to stay next to the airport. Would stay there again.
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
michael
"Forget about it!"
I received an email from Expedia saying my room would be ready by 300pm, is was not ready until 530pm. The restaurant/bar had a sign stating their hours, from 600p to midnight. They were not open. They were preparing for a group buffet, to which I was not allowed to attend, however I was permitted to have a glass of wine and a mediocre bowl of spaghetti, as long as I was finished before the group event. The group did not show up. The staff was nice but clearly had no authority. It is fairly close to the airport, only a 15 euro shuttle (a private car) to the airport. Overpriced for the location and service.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
k
"Easy access to the airport"
For a late day arrival and and very early depart to the airport great place to stay-shuttle even backed up to the door for loading.
1 night family trip Sep 29, 2014
Janet
"I seen Better Motel 6s"
The Lobby clerk at check-in was unwelcoming, and acted like she was doing us a favor by answering our questions. She placed us on the side of the hotel without an elevator. We had 2 full duffle bags and 2 carry-ons that we had to lug up and down 3 flights of stairs. The room was small, cold, and we could not find a way to turn on the radiator heater. And most importantly there was no coffee/tea service in the room! It was the most expensive hotel we stayed at during our vacation, but had the least amount of amenities.
Other trip Sep 27, 2014
Gerry
"Good Sopover Hotel"
We needed a stopover hotel in Vienna on our way to Moscow. I was looking for a place that was: 1. Close 2. Had a restaurant that served dinner 3. Had shuttle service Arion met the criteria, and although the room was tiny, it was also clean, quiet, & had a good shower . There was no air, but it was September & not needed. The choices here are rather slim, so if you're looking for convenience, not luxury, this is a good choice.
Other trip Sep 26, 2014
Chek
"Not bad for a pit stop"
Stayed the night while heading out east. A nice place to stay for a short duration.
1 night family trip Aug 20, 2014
"Spacious and Updated Room"
We were a group of two adults and two teenagers. The four person room was very spacious. The bathroom was updated and contemporary. Comfortable beds. 10-15 minute shuttle ride to the airport. The hotel provided us with information on how to catch the shuttle at the airport. It was easy.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
J
"Not a 3 star Hotel"
We stayed as a family in the hotel in August for one night to catch an early flight. The rooms are clean but the beds are sagging in the middle and the pillows are horrible as they are lumps of stuffing everywhere. Our room did not have elevator access which meant we had to carry all our luggage up the stairs. Further, the rooms have very poor sound insulation so we could hear the arguing and crying baby in the neighboring room all night. Lastly, our room faced the front of the hotel and when we cracked open our windows to get some fresh air all we got was cigarette smoke from people lined up outside smoking. Needless to say, we won't stay there again, even if they offered it to us for free.
1 night family trip Aug 16, 2014
Very nice hotel, close to airport. No elevator though. No airconditio. I would recommend this hotel.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
Vlad
"Very Covenient"
The hotel was very basic. No extra (more than one) towels, pillows or blankets. However, extra pillows were provided upon request. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful and the room was clean. The breakfast was plentiful, varied and tasty. Watch out for the shuttle driver. He dropped me at the wrong terminal and I had to drag my bags to the other end of the airport. I also tipped him additionally before I realized it was already included in the fare. Overall I'd say this hotel is a very good deal, convenient and clean.
1 night trip Jan 15, 2014
"Quick layover -- free shuttle service was great"
Stayed overnight on a 10 hour layover. I had made the reservation from my American cell phone via WIFI in another airport, so I hadn't been able to figure out how to book the shuttle to the hotel and decided to just pay for the cab (which was 29 euros). When I took the shuttle in the morning, the driver was very helpful and though I didn't know what terminal I was going to, he figured it out for me and dropped me off there even though I was the only person going to terminal 1 and the 9 other passengers were all going to terminal 2. The room was great, although the mattress was a little uneven.
Other trip Jan 6, 2014
Bee
"For Parking Comfort Only"
The parking connections to and from the airport worked smoothly. The small but nice restaurant is run by a nice young man that is both the waiter and the chef. Don't opt for the breakfast. I had eggs from the day before and a piece of left over sausage. The breakfast girl brought more eggs but not another piece of sausage. For 8.50 euros you can eat a nice breakfast at the airport. The room was smaller and shabbier than a dormitory room. But there aren't any better options near the airport but I'll look further.
Other trip Nov 8, 2013
"French Fries Vienna"
The food was terrific - especially the potatoes - as a man who grew up in the land of french fries, these were exquisite and the equal to the best of any in the States!
Other trip Sep 27, 2013
"Good stay at Hotel Arion"
Good lodging for an early morning flight. Restaurant served us a tasty dinner. Room was cozy and clean, and staff was friendly and helpful.
Other trip Sep 26, 2013
"Adequate, close to airport"
Overrun with a tour group at breakfast Staff at desk friendly, room just ok
Other trip Sep 24, 2013
"Closest hotel to Vienna airport"
I think this is the closest hotel to the Vienna airport, but the shuttle costs somewhere around 20 euros to get from the hotel to the airport. The staff were very nice. This is a practical hotel that has simple rooms.
Other trip Sep 4, 2013
Except for the poor quality of my mattress( my eleven year old refused to sleep on it, so I had to!), everything was very good! We picked the place for the easy access to the Vienna , Airport and the shuttle was very convenient and on time! If there is public transportation close by, this hotel would also be a very affordable and still very nice place to stay to explore Vienna. The restaurant has a nice outdoor patio and serves delicious food! try the " Hugo" for a drink! best I had during my stay in Austria! Change that one mattress ( and maybe some new towels wouldn't hurt either) and I would give it a 10overall!
Other trip Aug 23, 2013
"Nice, clean hotel very close to the airport."
We stayed in this hotel only for one night. Hotel is only 10 min from the airport.
Other trip Aug 13, 2013
"Pretty much comes as advertised."
Within about 10-15 minutes of Wien-Flughafen by car. Was exactly what we needed for a one-night stay before an international flight leaving at 6:45 the next morning.
Other trip Aug 7, 2013
"Hot hotel at the airport"
It was a hot night and there was no air conditioning. Then the breakfast was really poor - bread, cereal, boiled eggs and some various bread spreads. Coffee was good but didn't make up the deficit. We were hot and really disappointed.
Other trip Jul 27, 2013
"Affordable hotel within 10 min to airport by car"
I had a day lay-over before catching my flight. This was a good location to be close to the airport. It was also 15 min. walk to the train station that made easy connections to lots of Vienna's attractions.
Other trip Jul 2, 2013
"Not my idea of an airport hotel"
The hotel was far from anything and in an isolated area. Transfer options to and from the airport must be included in the reservation or you will be surprised as I was. The hotel was fine, but it was very noisey because of the echos in the hallway. It just wasn't up to many other hotels I have used near airports.
Other trip Jun 16, 2013
jay
"was worth only half the price paid."
1. misleading as to the proximity of the hotel to the airport. Hotel is at least half hour away from the airport. Located in a isolated part of the town in the middle of fields. They will provide transportation at the same price as a taxi but with 24 hours advance booking. 2. small old hotel with narrow corridors, no elevators. you have to haul the luggage . no help. 3.the front desk clerk was surly. Busy talking small talk to customers. had to beg to give me a room at first floor. 3.Rooms are small.you could barely walk around the the beds. Bathroom was small. 4.No restaurant nearby. the hotel. The restaurant/bar in the hotel was open only for one hour at peak dinner time due to a private party other time. 5. Noisy guests /sports team partying.
Other trip Jun 9, 2013
gerald
"Need to be young"
we only needed a place to sleep before flying back home after our vacation. Our first disappointment was having to walk up 4 flights of stairs with heavy luggage. There was no elevator on the side of the hotel where they put us. The room was clean and very adequate, but there was one window that we had to pass to get from the bed to the bathroom which had no window. There was a balcony on the building directly opposite the window, on which people were sitting at night. Rather embarrassing. The shuttle to and from the airport was good. We had an early flight, so we did not get to eat breakfast there. So we do not know how it was, or how much it cost. The staff was very nice and could speak English.
1 night family trip Jun 5, 2013
Alice J
"Great remote hotel away from the city."
This hotel is great if you just need a place to stay semi-close to the airport and away from the hustle and bustle of the city. I say semi-close because it's not really close to the airport (despite the name) and definitely not walking distance if that's what you're looking for (as I had been). There's NOTHING in the neighborhood; it's smack in the middle of a totally residential area, so plan to eat at the hotel restaurant....unless you have a car, taxi or plan on walking a long way to the S-Bahn stop to get to other areas. The only other issue I had was with the bed which was as hard as a rock. I like firm beds, but this was too much! Other than that, the place was great. The staff were very friendly and attentive. The patio restaurant was peaceful (the perfect weather didn't hurt either) and the food was great. The room was nice and clean. So it's definitively worth checking out if you don't mind the location.
Other trip May 11, 2013
"Good place for an early morning flight out"
No desk in the room for working - I was put in a different room that requested that had elevator service. Half of the hotel has an elevator and the other half does not. Had 4 beds in room, but no desk. Food in restaurant was good, staff was pleasant, and easy to get to airport for early flight. Would not be my choice of a hotel for anything except a flight out.
1 night business trip Feb 19, 2013

"Nice hotel close to airport"
I stayed overnight in this hotel while traveling back to Canada. The hotel is close to the airport and provides a shuttle service. On my arrival, I was given a quiet room on the second floor. Staff was extremely helpful and the room was spotless. The price was very reasonable for what I received. The restaurant serves fairly priced meals and the portions were very generous. For a stay overnight, I would strongly recommend this hotel
Other trip Oct 29, 2015
Mario555
"GREAT JOB"
IT WAS NICE TO BE ABLE TO GET TO THE AIRPORT QUICKLY. THE FOOD WAS GOOD IN THE RESTAURANT ALSO. GOOD PLACE
1 night romance trip Oct 5, 2015
Sharon Trent
"Great for shorter stays for visits to Vienna"
The hotel is nice, clean, in a quiet neighborhood - no heavy traffic or planes overhead. My single room was on the small side, but the bathroom was spacious and well equipped. The staff were welcoming and helpful, but on the day I arrived there was only one person tending the restaurant and bar - cooking, waiting the tables, billing. The food was good regardless. The hotel's parking lot is not small, but on heavier traffic days you might be forced to find a spot on the street, which is not much of a problem (light traffic, safe neighborhood). Overall, I would recommend the hotel for shorter stays when visiting Vienna. For a price comparable to hostel bunks in the city proper you get a decent room with a good bathroom, and a great night's sleep. For longer stays, though, it can get boring, as the entertainment options are somewhat limited (not many shops or restaurants within walking distance, the cable channels are all in German, no entertainment or fitness room, etc.) Also, during the summer the lack of air conditioning will be a serious minus. A final note if you travel with a lot of luggage - one of the wings does not have an elevator. At only three stories, not much of a problem if you travel light; but if not, make sure to ask in advance to be checked into the other wing or on a lower floor.
1 night trip Sep 5, 2015