All hotels in Carlsbad, California, United States of America
2775 Ocean St, Carlsbad, CA, 92008, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
Room was nice, view was quite limited, breakfast room was nice
Other trip Nov 1, 2014
Ruby
"On the beach"
The hotel was nice, but I thought it was over priced. My ocean view room had a view that was partially obstructed by a large building in front of it.
Other trip Oct 30, 2014
Toni
"almost perfect"
couldn't be in a nicer location or closer to the sand - our only slight complaint was with the other guests, there definitely seemed to be a "party" vibe i.e. young people (early 20s) with beers walking around the property and very loud music in room next door at 12:45am (however, it did seem to get turned down soon after calling the front desk)
2 night romance trip Oct 17, 2014
"Convenient Location"
We spent one night at this hotel, a last minute decision to get away. I had made the reservation online prior to seeing the hotel. I was disappointed by the room which was represented as an oceanfront room. Our location was behind the swimming pool area, so we had lots of distracting noise and lack of privacy. We were also surprised by the fact we couldn't get signals for any of our devices (cellphones and tablets) and I was never able to access the hotels wireless internet connection despite many efforts. Disappointing.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
"Not bad"
The hotel was very nice and on a great beach. My only two complaints would be the wifi is very poor (others have mentioned as well), and the hotel staff was knocking on my door at 11:01am on check out day to rush us out. We had our 18 month old daughter with us and we needed a few extra minutes.
Other trip Oct 18, 2014
"Just a few days away from home"
Just a few days away from home to rest and listen to the ocean. Having a beautiful room right on the sand is exactly what the doctor ordered. The rooms are equipped beautifully and the shower is to die for. The staff is more than accommodating and the stay overall was wonderful. This is the place we choose anytime we need a quick getaway.
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
Judy
My daughter and I stayed at the hotel for vacation. We had a gorgeous view of the beach and could hear the waves from our room through the entire stay (talk about sleeping great)! The staff was perky and helpful. The hotel provided everything you could need for pool or beach fun. I only have two complaints. The first is the pillow top mattress. I have a memory foam bed and could definitely feel the springs at night. Not a big deal if you have a spring mattress at home but if you don't like me it's pretty uncomfortable. The second was the complimentary breakfast. The fruit was not fresh and everything else was fattening pastries. It would have been nice if the resort had some sort of restaurant where I could have at least ordered fresh food. Fortunately there were tons of places within walking distance including swamis where I could have fresh raw juice made to order! Overall my daughter and I loved our trip and will be coming back.
3 night trip Oct 6, 2014
Sabrina
We stayed four nights and enjoyed it very much. Many local restaurants with easy walking distance. There are many levels of stairs at the hotel, so that might be difficult for an elderly or handicapped person. We have stayed here several times over the last ten years, and will continue to do so. The only down side was that we reserved a room with two double beds, which proved to be a little too small for a family of four.
Other trip Oct 10, 2014
My husband and I stayed one night at this hotel. We had a wonderful time and I can only recommend this place. We stayed in one of the ocean front rooms and had the chance to watch a beautiful sunset. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. We wil be back.
1 night trip Oct 5, 2014
Veronika
"Perfect getaway"
Right on the beach. Huge room, gorgeous bathroom, comfortable bed.
1 night romance trip Oct 2, 2014
"Very relaxing and clean"
Very good I want to go back already. Love the room facing the beach . The bed was very soft . The bad thing was the Wifi . But everything was great . The pool was clean . The room was clean and fresh the staff was nice and helpfull .
Other trip Sep 10, 2014
"Fantastic Get Away Destination"
Beach Terrace is Prime Location! On the Beach, Walking Distance to Restaurants, Friendly Staff, it was the Perfect Getaway Weekend. We live in the desert, so we had a good laugh when people told us 80 degrees was hot. We absolutely loved our walks on the beach, watching the surf and listening to the waves hit the beach. It was Heaven.
2 night romance trip Sep 5, 2014
Pete and Gale
TV didn't work properly and the wireless in the hotel is not good otherwise ok experience
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
"nice hotel"
Nice hotel but with only complimentary breakfasts and no laundry machines/facilities available hard to deal with an extended stay. Recommend that at least once a week eggs etc. for breakfast and better to have laundry machines / dryers on site for the convenience of the customer. Will not stay here again due to these two reasons.
Other trip Sep 3, 2014
"Incredible!"
We were amazed- huge room, ocean and pool view. Close to everything. We never had to get in our car. beach chairs, umbrellas and towels provided. The ocean was seriously 100 ft away if even. We had a great stay!
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
"Glorious!!"
This hotel is an absolute gem! The location is perfect for a day at the beach and for watching the sunset over the Pacific Ocean. The pool and hot tub are great.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
Loved this hotel - convenient location. Will be back next year! Staff was great, hotel is up to date. Internet is spotty sometimes. Cleaning crew wasn't super thorough, but good enough. Breakfast is good.
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
"lovely spot- great acess to the ocean."
Really enjoyed our stay- pricey but a terrific location on the beach. Negatives: the building badly needs paint, and the elevator is scary- shaky, noisy and decrepit.
3 night trip Aug 10, 2014
"Absolutely and perfect location on a great beach!"
We spent seven days and six nights with our 7 year old grandson at this hotel, using it as a home base for Legoland, Disneyland, the Music Museum and the Wild Animal Park. Our grandson had so much fun playing on the beach with other children his age, it was difficult to pry him away to see the sights!
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Jean
"Really nice hotel on the beach."
This was a great experience, particularly watching the ocean from our hotel balcony. The staff was very helpful. Rooms are spacious and well designed. We really enjoyed our time here.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
"Great location, easy to come to/from beach, pool"
We go every year, sometimes twice a year. Great for families because it's a small hotel that's easy to get around. It's very easy for parents to be on the pool deck in the comfortable cabanas and lounge chairs while the kids play on the sand and in the ocean. One can easily go to the room without having to get dressed because the corridors are outdoor and there's no "fancy" common areas that you have to worry about getting dirty. Breakfast trays are great so you can bring food back to your room and eat on your balcony. But if you want the full hotel amenities like a bar, restaurant, spa, gym, etc, this is not the place for you. This place is all about enjoying the beach.
2 night trip Jun 30, 2014
We had a wonderful stay! The staff was extremely friendly and helpful.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
"My short vacation"
I will tell you that I had a wonderful experience at the Beach Terrace Motel Richard at the pool Mike at the front desk the maids, the service people, everyone was top-notch we enjoyed ourselves very very much and the room was fantastic. I have been staying at the Beach Terrace for years our group used to come down before the hotel was remodeled I loved it then and I love it much much more now Sandra and I had a wonderful vacation but it was too short, we'll see you next time, perhaps this fall. bye for now
3 night business trip Jun 30, 2014
Dana
"Everything you can imagine!"
Since this wasn't a "big name" hotel I was nervous about our stay. Upon arrival check in was simple with no issues. We were given the exact room we requested, ocean view with terrace. Waking into room was breathtaking! Breeze blowing in with the waves crashing in the background. Straight view to the ocean! My husband and I were thoroughly impressed. Hotel was clean, breakfast was great and staff was amazing! Free usage of beach toys/chairs was the cherry on top! Can't wait to go back :) We even saw dolphins swimming early one morning! Extra $ for ocean view is worth every penny!
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
amy
"Beautiful!"
I stayed one night. Beautiful location, huge room with ocean view, very nice shower. I hope to stay there again for a longer visit.
Other trip May 27, 2014
"Great hotel right on the beach"
We stayed three nights at this hotel and had a fantastic time. It was a great location. Sitting on the balcony was the best !!
Other trip May 19, 2014
Suzanne
"On the beach in Carlsbad"
Great hotel! Park your car and walk along the beach or up the street to the village. Close to everything that is happening!
Other trip May 18, 2014
"Loved it."
Went for a short celebration stay with my daughter. Loved our room, the hotel, and the beach environment. The only thing I wouldn't rate at the top was the breakfast. I'm a picky health nut, and the food fell short of my personal standards. Would I return? I can hardly wait for our next opportunity!
1 night business trip May 11, 2014
"Nice place! On beach!"
We stayed for three nights and found everything about the hotel was great except for a couple cleaning issues. Mold in the shower and around one of the sink drains was not good.
Other trip May 14, 2014
go
"Perfect 10!"
We had never stayed in Carlsbad before and we were pleasantly suprised. This hotel was hands down the best hotel we have stayed at yet. Perfect location for everything in town. The rooms were clean, the staff was amazing and the access to the beach cannot be beat. They even had boogie boards,beach chairs and umbrellas for us! We will be back!
Other trip May 4, 2014
"nice hotel right on the beach"
Great experience, nice get-away . Location was so convenient
Other trip Apr 27, 2014
"Wonderful spacious rooms and bathrooms. Very comfo"
great rooms and beds. Close to many great restaurants and beeach of course. Staff very responsive and friendly
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
"It was clean and right on the beach"
The room with the double beds were a little small we upgrade. To a larger bed
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
Found a gem in this hotel! Big comfy rooms right on the beach, lots of great places to walk to, and a very helpful staff. Kids loved the continental breakfast every morning. Would definitely stay again.
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
Wonderful. Rooms and staff are great. Location on the ocean is fantastic.
3 night family trip Apr 10, 2014
"Excellent hotel, updated, on the beach."
The hotel is newly updated, right on the beach, absolutely beautiful, awesome staff and you cant ask for a better location. Carlsbad is a quaint town with super food choices and shops. It is close enough to San Diego for day trips and hiking. For families, the pool was awesome, clean and heated. Very close to Legoland, the zoo and safari parks. We love to walk the beaches, clean and amazing views. The staff was so friendly and left me care packages when I didnt need maid service, very nice touch. The continental breakfast is one of the best I have every had and offered a super view of the ocean while enjoying breakfast. I would add a small protein like hard boiled eggs, but otherwise, this place was absolutely perfect.
Other trip Apr 8, 2014
Beth
"right on the beach"
Nearly every thing you expect from a modern moderately expensive hotel. The rooms are very nice and very up to date. The beach is just a fence gate away. The pool is heated with a staff member (not a life guard) close at hand. The cons: the hot tub is poorly designed with steps (which can not be seen when the spa is running) that can easily cause falls when entering the tub. The breakfast provided was a vegitarian meal with fruit, dry cereal, pastries and orange juice. We ate out most mornings.
5 night romance trip Mar 29, 2014
"Not as good as last time we stayed"
Second time at the Beach Terrace. Booked an ocean front room and location was great. Large room with large bath. Unfortunately the bath had a smell that would not go away. The wi fi did not work the entire stay and the fire alarm went off at 7 am on Saturday morning and lasted what seemed like several minutes.
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
Lynn
"So wonderful"
We has an amazing time. Great size room. The attention to detail from staff is superb. I was traveling with 1 year old. We were close to beach, everything within reach. Can't wait to come back. Worth the higher rates! Loved it.
2 night trip Mar 15, 2014
K
Been there several times before and as always its a very pleasant and comfortable stay. Room was under the "office" and I could hear every footstep of the office staff. Some lights were out and staff fixed right away. Usually would give it a 5 star rating but the noise above and shower lights took away the perfect rating.
4 night business trip Mar 2, 2014
Andy
"Totally under-rated!"
I randomly picked this hotel because of it's beach front location. I read reviews and looked at a few pix, then crossed my fingers. The hotel was fabulous. Awesome location within walking distance to dozens of restaurants and shops. It's right on the beach with a heated pool and spa. The room was huge, complete with a wet bar and refrigerator. The staff was great. I couldn't have asked for a better hotel for the price. I HIGHLY recommend it and will return!
Other trip Mar 8, 2014
JoJo
"beautiful ocean views"
The hotel sits on a beautiful beach with an extremely nice cleaning crew. Unfortunately, the same CANNOT be said for the office staff! If you stay here, make sure you keep all receipts and know exactly what you are being charged for, before they charge you.. There seems to be some dishonesty going on in the front office and if you try to contact the owner, you will find there is no way of doing so. Her business has no working phone number and the only way to contact her is to pay for the search! Owner appears to have a sketchy background according to my research. This is so unfortunate! It really is a beautiful place, and there is no reason whatsoever to be dishonest! This hotel could do so much more business by being honest. It would be the perfect gem if not for the way they do business!
Other trip Feb 18, 2014
Great room with an amazing view of the ocean very nice and peaceful
2 night trip Feb 7, 2014
"Great hotel on the beach"
We really enjoyed our stay. The hotel has easy access to the beach and only 5 minutes away from Legoland.
Other trip Feb 7, 2014
Christine
"Great location and view"
The service and renovated room were outstanding. We paid a bit extra for the beach view and it was worth it. Room was oversized with lots of pillows. Balcony was great for morning coffee with the sounds of the ocean. Location in Carlsbad is very convenient to Legoland. Be aware that there are great showers, but this comes at the expense of the tub. Hot tub and heated pool were great for the kids.
4 night family trip Feb 1, 2014
Ryan
"Everything great except the bed"
Very spacious and clean with a perfect location. The bed looked fairly new, but was not flat. It had 2 deep groves on each side and a mound in the middle. Fine for a discount motel, but this place is too nice, so we notified the staff about it.
2 night trip with friends Jan 31, 2014
"Sanctuary"
I brought my 12 and 16 year old daughters for a Christmas get-a-way from cold Iowa winter and couldn't have been more pleased with every aspect of our stay . Hotel is located an easy approx 30 min from San Diego airport , and the beachfront location was breathtaking. The staff was courteous and went out of their way to not only meet but anticipate your needs, including a library of books to borrow . The rooms and entire facility was spit-spot clean, and beds very comfy. Any needs ie restaurants, grocery store , shopping and Starbucks are within walking distance in the clean town of Carlsbad . Note: recommend ease of negotiating stairs for anyone fortunate enough to visit this beautiful oasis. I will be back !
5 night trip Dec 25, 2013
Beautifully close to the beach, nice continental breakfast, even better was that staff was very accommodating when expedia got our reservation dates wrong.
Other trip Dec 29, 2013
This hotel is right on the beach. We absolutely loved the location and the room. The ONLY drawback was that you could hear people in the rooms next door and above you but nothing that ruined our stay. We are looking forward to going back again!!
Other trip Dec 27, 2013
Paula
"Wonderful Holiday!"
This was our first Thanksgiving away from family. We didn't know how much we would enjoy ourselves. The Beach Terrace was the perfect place to be. We had an oceanfront king room. The room was very clean and the bed comfortable. We slept every night with the patio door open listening to the ocean. Every morning had the continental breakfast which was very fresh and had alot of options. The staff was very friendly and made sure all our needs were met. We stayed 3 nights and wish we could of stayed longer. We will go back!
Other trip Dec 1, 2013