All hotels in Santa Cruz, California, United States of America
414 Ocean Street, Santa Cruz, CA, 95060, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Good internet service
    Quite clean
  • Bar
    Bar is awesome
    Comfortable
A bit scary neighborhood. Breakfast is a joke - didn't even have butter spread or jam. Rooms were ok.
1 night trip Sep 15, 2015
"Very nice /clean close to beach / great staff"
We had a great time.. Staff very friendly Elisha (desk clerk) sweet guy .. Room was perfect!! Ww would stay again and again ..
Other trip Sep 26, 2015
Tere / Andre`
"Nice,but can be noisy at times.Helpful staff!"
Nice place and second time staying here. This time we were across the street. Internet access was difficult, but the girls at the front desk were extremely helpful! There was a tiny bug, but liked the room being separated by a bathroom. Like others noted, walls extremely thin and problematic if you don't bring ear plugs.
Response by Continental Inn
Thank you for your insightful comments. Our hotel is located near an intersection in Santa Cruz and traffic can get busy during rush hour. Our staff is glad to hear that they were helpful. Here at the Continental Inn we take pride in our service and appreciate your recognition of that service. Please keep the Continental Inn in mind on your next trip to the Santa Cruz area. Best Wishes, Elijah Front Desk Supervisor, Continental Inn
1 night family trip Sep 18, 2015
"Two sides to some hotels"
I had a reservation here on Friday night, and then had to change rooms because I had different reservations for Friday night and Saturday nights. When I came back to re-check in on Saturday afternoon, my room was going to be on the dark side of the hotel, with a view of a fence. I gave them back the key and used Hotels.com to book another hotel for Saturday night, the Best Western Suites, across the streets. It would be great if you would refund me for Saturday night at Continental. I have used you guys a lot for a number of years now, you can look at my profile. The Best Western was solid, by the way.
Response by Continental Inn
Thank you for returning to the Continental Inn and subsequently, taking time to leave your comments. We would like to apologize that the room for your second reservation did not meet your standards. Our Guest Service Hosts strive to make every guests stay the best stay possible. This extends even further to our returning guests. While your stay was less than exceptional, we’re glad you were still able to find appropriate accommodations in the general Santa Cruz area. Best Wishes, Elijah Front Desk Supervisor, Continental Inn
1 night romance trip Sep 18, 2015
Matthew
Loved the hotel bathroom supplies, fridge, and microwave in room. Shower could of been roomier with the rounded rod....
1 night romance trip Sep 12, 2015
Marcella
Reasonable walk to beach and boardwalk, but neighborhood itself was busy with traffic. We did not see the pool, but the spa was in the corner of parking lot and surrounded by a small gazebo. Hotel is split across a street so if going with friends ensure you have rooms in the same building. The price for hotels in Santa Cruz is very expensive, all things considered the hotel was acceptable and clean.
Response by Continental Inn
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us here at The Continental Inn. We are located on a Santa Cruz thoroughfare and traffic can sometimes be an issue. That being said, we appreciate your business and hope your next stay at the Continental Inn is a good one. Best Wishes, Elijah Front Desk Supervisor, Continental Inn
1 night trip with friends Sep 12, 2015
Nice, clean & comfortable hotel. I would stay here again!
Other trip Sep 15, 2015
"Road trip"
Loved the very retro cool vibe! Great location- close to beach,shopping,etc
1 night romance trip Sep 7, 2015
"Very thin walls"
It was for one night with our kids. Room was a bit small but wasn't bad. Bathroom was huge comparing to the room. Which is always nice. Only problem we had was the walls were way to thin. You can hear everything from other rooms. So when our 1yr old was hungry in the am for his milk and cried for like 2 mins, there was a knock on the wall. Kindda annoying.
1 night family trip Sep 5, 2015
Sandra
"NOT FOR BUSINESS TRIPS, RECREATIONAL IS PERFECT"
If going for business DO NOT STAY HERE if you need internet capability. Other wise, friendly staff, rooms were decent for the price, and the cute girl at the counter was just great with at least TRYING to get their internet going well. She had to print anything we needed from their computer, which if it needed to be a secure document (thank god it wasn't) would be a no-no.
2 night business trip Sep 1, 2015
Jeremy
Very clean and comfortable beds, good parking, good breakfast. I really liked it, it was just like the pictures on the internet.
1 night romance trip Aug 16, 2015
PATRICIA
The priority for us was comfort in our room, the queen bed was very comfortable, and the hardwood floors were a nice touch. Not a huge room but good enough for the lady and I to have a nice night to ourselves. Very quiet, Chinese food across the street was great and 7-11 on the corner. I would stay here again.
1 night romance trip Aug 23, 2015
Hrag
"Too expensive for what you get"
The floor looked like it hadn't been cleaned. The sink in the bathroom was broken and wouldn't stay in the "on"position. There was nowhere to take my dog on site to relieve herself and I ended up taking her to the gas station next door a lot because they had a little area with trees and brush. The people in the next room were very loud and obviously drunk. Over all, I payed about $400 for two nights and wasn't at all impressed. I wouldn't stay there again.
Other trip Aug 26, 2015
unhappy
"Nice Spot"
Friendly staff, tiny but clean room, short walk from beach and cool downtown.
1 night romance trip Aug 18, 2015
"goodstay"
NiceFinishesThroughOut. TowelsCouldBeBetterButOverallNiceExperience
1 night romance trip Aug 21, 2015
Dean
"High noise level"
The location is excellent and the parking is good. Our biggest problem was the high noise level. The street, Ocean, has a lot of traffic noise. The other guests had no compunction about trying to keep the noise level down at night or very early in the morning (i.e. 430 AM). We live in the city and are used to ambient noise but this was over the top. Not very restful.
Other trip Aug 21, 2015
The staff was very friendly and helpful !
1 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
"One night great second not so much"
Our stay was great the first night we stayed even with there being kids next door to us. But the second night was not so great. The walls seemed paper thin. Could here everything the very rude neighbors were doing. 1130pm and they are fighting and yelling. I had to call front desk 4 times. From 1130 to 1am. The last time I called it was finally taken care of. We didn't get offered a later check out after dealing with that wish I worked in hotels and I know I would have done that for my guests. Other then our last night not being great, it was ok. I also wish there was a diffrent way to get to the spa then crossing that busy street. But we will probably stay here again.
2 night romance trip Aug 7, 2015
Nikalos
clean & comfortable. access & parking are tight.
Other trip Aug 14, 2015
"For the price I expected way better."
The staff was excellent. The room not as good. The A/C was not working properly and it was too noisy outside to open the window. They advertise a pool and a spa however the part they leave out is the pool is on one side and the spa is on other side of a busy street. The breakfast area was so small people were bumping into each other just to move around. I have never seen such a small breakfast area at any other hotel that offers free breakfast as a benefit for staying with them. Its almost as if they really did not want to provide it, but they know that it is what draws in customers.
Other trip Aug 12, 2015
"Hotel stay"
The hotel room was clean yet quite small for two people. My son & I were quite disappointed with the small pool that was dirty & you had to cross the busy street to reach. The hot tub in the back was just as gross and surrounded by what appeared to be feral cats. I also wasn't aware at the time of booking the hotel how far away the boardwalk was. The staff was friendly and willing to help when needed.
2 night family trip Aug 5, 2015
"fee free, I think not."
I booked this room online and used a discount code for late check out. When we arrived the front desk seemed very stressed yet there was only one other couple in the lobby At first they couldn't find my reservation, then when they did there were suddenly all these extra fees including a 40$ for my service dog added to my quoted rate of 116.00 when all was said and done the room cost right at $200, and we didn't get the key cards until almost 630. We went upstairs, no elevator and opened the door only to find other guests already in that room. had to go back down the stairs, luggage in tow to find out what was going on, took them another half hour to find a room for us, then lug bags back up stairs no parking anywhere near stairs. finally got into room at almost 730. I had requested late check out which according to web site offer was 2 pm. At 11, they were banging on door and came back every 20 minutes. When I checked out at 1, they charged me another $25 for late check out which was supposed to be fee free. I'll not stay here again.
1 night romance trip Aug 3, 2015
A Michelle
"Nice updated room for Santa Cruz!"
The room was really nice. Our room had updated decor and it was very clean! The bed was comfy, which is always a plus! The free breakfast was yummy and had a little bit of everything. The walk was a little bit to far to the boardwalk with kiddos in tow, but I will definitely be staying here again!
Other trip Aug 5, 2015
Allison
"Great Customer Service"
Bed was so comfortable. Room was very clean. Service was excellent. Everyone was very friendly and went out of their way to make our stay perfect. Thank you
2 night family trip Jul 28, 2015
Elizabeth A
"Overpriced, Lousy Location, Basically Clean"
This hotel should be considered on par with a Motel 6, but perhaps a little dirtier. My hotel had a view of the backside of a gas station, including broken down cars and trash. We were able to walk downtown in about 15 minutes and roughly the same to boardwalk. Room was basically clean, buy very small, no frills, and worked for the night, but we were happy to check out asap. Would definitely not stay here again, unless forced. Do not pay a lot of money for this hotel...
1 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
daniel
"Great for the price and location decent breakfast."
Clean rooms, polite accommodating staff, d
1 night romance trip Jul 30, 2015
Carolyn
"Nice and updated furnishing"
one light bulb went out, other than that, it's in good condition. Good breakfast. Room is updated with nice looking furnishing.
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
joy
"Adequate beach town motel"
This is kind of a run down motel but convenient to everything in Santa Cruz
1 night business trip Jul 28, 2015
The hotel room itself was very nice. remodeled and very clean. Breakfast was convenient but a little cramped. The staff was nice but not very accommodating. I needed to make a long distant call from my room for an emergency and that was not allowed nor did they offer any solution for me. I went to the UPS store across the way and they allowed me to use their land line for free. I was so relieved. I bought them lunch for their generosity and compassion.
2 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
"The continental"
The most important thing in a hotel it's a good night sleep and this hotel needs to throw away their mattresses and pillows or at least the ones in the room that I stayed . The pool its across the street on another building and not really big . Their trash its pick up at 6 in the morning wish it will wake you up .. And all of this after 250 dollars a night
Other trip Jul 31, 2015
"I'd stay again!!!"
Friendly staff; verrrry comfortable and quiet room and nicely decorated with the wood floors and pretty chairs and table. I felt very safe and completely comfortable. Breakfast was basic but perfect to start the day.
1 night family trip Jul 27, 2015
Stay was nice. Comfortable room,good hotel service, and a great location.felt like room had a "quick" wipe done though for cleaning. And you have to turn the tvs almost all the way up to hear them.. other than that I was good and comfortable and I would stay again.
1 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
it is not great but not bad
2 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
mohamed a
"Loved my stay! Recommend"
Our stay was short but it was wonderful! The hotel was close to everything we needed! The room was spacious, the beds were super comfy and it mostly clean. The walls could use a little attention but as soon as we mentioned something to the front desk he seemed to be concerned enough to get something done about it!
1 night trip with friends Jul 21, 2015
"cute hotel in santa cruz"
great
1 night romance trip Jul 19, 2015
"Shop around !!"
Fairly clean but old and needed a remodel. I requested a nonsmoking room due to my kids asthma however the room had a smoke smell and the people above us and next door smoked through the day and night. Woke up to a pile of cigarette butts in front of our door from the people above us. GROSS!!! The breakfast was awful ran out of food both mornings not enough of anything with no staff to refill one employee was running the front desk, phones, and breakfast room. He was totally overwhelmed. Don't advertise a continental breakfast if you don't have one in place. Booked online payed in full and was told at check in I had to Have my card ran in case we smoked in our room, my response was I booked a nonsmoking room for a reason. Rude unprofessional staff.
2 night family trip Jul 15, 2015
melissa
"Mini suite feel"
I really liked that the room had a jack and jill set up. 1st walk into the 1st room then to the bathroom area which is roomy and then there is another door to the 2nd bedroom making it very private. It felt like a mini family suit. 2 queen beds two rooms. The price i thought was pricey but it seemed like the super lower end places were too much too. This will be our new place to stay when we are in Santa Cruz.
Other trip Jul 22, 2015
"the area around the hotel is poor and dirty"
Small and old rooms. The swimming pool is in the front building, need to cross the street to go over there. Restaurants around not good.
Other trip Jul 21, 2015
Elva
"Nice clean room"
Room was a very good size (queen), & clean. Had microwave and mini-fridge. Air conditioning worked well, shower had good pressure. It was full the weekend we were there but we did not notice any noise issues. Bed was fine. Bathroom lighting wasn't great but Santa Cruz isn't the place you need to wear a lot of make up ;). This is a good choice for a medium budget room. We did not use the pool but the location did not look inviting. We had overpaid, booking last minute on a busy weekend. My opinion would be that this room is a great value if you could get it closer to a dozen times eleven.
1 night romance trip Jul 18, 2015
Patty
"Clean comfort."
The room was pleasant and comfortable.
1 night trip with friends Jul 15, 2015
"family vac"
Nice room like a 2 bedroom apartment
1 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
Pedro
"Good choice"
The room was clean. I would stay here again.
1 night family trip Jul 15, 2015
"Very Disappointing"
Not much good to say about our stay here. Room was old and had a very depressing feeling about it. Lots of noise outside the room and police sirens often. The neighborhood around the hotel felt dumpy and had what seemed like quite a few homeless people. Continental breakfast is served in a very small space with very limited seating. Pool was across the street apparently so we never actually used it, but I don't expect it would have been worthwhile anyway given the state of the rest of the hotel. We do not recommend this hotel.
2 night family trip Jul 14, 2015
Catherine
"Excellent Stay!"
My boys aged 14 and 3 and myself stayed here Mon - Thurs so we could be close to the boardwalk and the pier. We had an excellent stay! The breakfast was satisfying, which says a lot with my boys as they are hefty eaters! I was a bit hesitant at first since our room was on the bottom level but we had no problems. The noise level outside was loud and inside our room was quiet. I'm a light sleeper and I slept very well. Our room was cleaned each day. I didn't come across any staff except for checking in and out. They were friendly both times! Definitely a great place to stay!
3 night family trip Jul 13, 2015
Rebecca
"Nice hotel, bad location"
The hotel was great. It has hardwood floors (which makes it feel cleaner) and the bed was comfortable. I didn't like the neighborhood, but I did feel safe. It felt like a coastal town with very run-down houses and the area was dirty. If I visit again, I'd stay further away from Santa Cruz as I didn't like that area of the beach anyway.
1 night romance trip Jul 10, 2015
"Santa Cruz vanilla but just fine"
This was a last minute find and was your typical two floor American Motel....which actually we love...basic and inexpensive, nothing fancy but all works, like our other reviews the new standard so far as we are concerned is elongated toilets with soft close seats....so this one needs an upgrade...all in all it suited us fine for a quick look at Santa Cruz...an engaging and sites filled town. This Hotel is minutes from everything.
1 night romance trip Jun 25, 2015
Glory
"Close to boardwalk but somewhat noisy"
Close to boardwalk. Great location. Our room was on the street and it was a bit noisy with street traffic to the beach and some sirens. Hotel is split on two sides of the street. Pool is on one side and spa on the other. A bit inconvenient if you have small kids. Overall decent room.
2 night family trip Jul 9, 2015
"great for couples but not small kids"
Walls are not insulated well. Lots of spill over noise from the street. People complained about our little kids making too much noise, assuming it was that they were walking around at 6.30am in their room. Not friendly for little kids due to no real sound dampining in the floors or walls. The annex was weird. You had to cross the street to get to the breakfast place, scary with four little kids.hardwood floors were nice but there is a gap in the baseboard that let a spider into the room. Great place for a couple to stay for cheap.
2 night family trip Jul 8, 2015
"well kept, good price"
This place is older but lovingly maintained. The rooms have been nicely renovated and everything is quite comfortable and in good working order. Bed was comfortable, and in-room fridge and microwave are nice to have. Everything was spotlessly clean. We got a terrific price through Expedia. Would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Jul 11, 2015
K
"Pictures are deceiving"
First of all the walls are super thin so at night you can hear other guest I guess that's why they leave earplugs on the bedside table. The hotel is split in two different buildings so the pool is across the street from the hot tub. The room is clean but we woke up with bites on our body pretty sure it might be bedbugs. Free breakfast was good and the staff was great but not sure I would recommend or stay here again. Hotel look better online than in person.
Other trip Jul 10, 2015