All hotels in San Jose, Costa Rica
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here200 Mts. Norte del ICE, Sabana Norte, San Jose, San Jose, 694-1005, Costa Rica, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great for the price"
The hotel is a bit worn but for the price it was fantastic, in a great area also.
4 night business trip Mar 21, 2015
Denise
"Great place to stay!!"
Everything was great. Employees was very kind. The room was clean.
1 night business trip Jan 15, 2015
Vladimir
"Close to soccer new stadium"
We just chose this hotel by chance. Great staff. Nice breakfast. Location off the hustle and bustle of downtown SJ. They also will set up free transport to/from airport for guests. Very good staff. Would stay again. If you plan to take San Luis zip line tour and start in SJ, this is easy 1.5 hr drive.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
travel often
"Dirty"
If you value cleanliness then this hotel is to be avoided. The condition of the floor, linens, towels, walls, and shower all convey  the same message: management stopped caring about the overall cleanliness of the place.  We had the breakfast buffet once and did not return: in addition to awful presentation, the food was really bad.  This is Costa Rica so getting a good cup of coffee shouldn't be too difficult yet they managed to provide undrinkable coffee.  We ended up going to the nearby corner store to buy breakfast.  Twelve years ago this was a good hotel.  In fact, our business guests used to stay here.  Since then, it appears that it's been a steep decline.  We had a second non-refundable reservation that we cancelled as staying here again will not help create the memories one wants to have of Costa Rica.  One can't understand this place having a 4-star rating.
Other trip Dec 24, 2014
Luis
"Vacation"
They were very stingy with the towels. Some staff were nice and others didn't care to help.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
PT
"Glad I stayed"
Room and facilities were very good. Was a bit loud at night b/c of people hanging out on the street (but I hear that's the same wherever you are and is probably much worse in some other places). Was great to have a gym, though at least two pieces of equipment were broken. Wifi was surprisingly fast. One of the concierges couldn't really speak English, but everyone else was fine with it. Stay near what you want to see since the traffic is pretty terrible in the city. Overall pleased I chose this place.
2 night trip Nov 24, 2014
John Mark
Palma Real is a very nice hotel in a convenient location. Their staff is very helpful and most are bi-lingual. Great breakfast buffet and afternoon happy hour! They have a casino next door if you want to gamble a little. Excellent value for what I spent - recommended !!
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
CoCoNUT
"The best staff"
This hotel is conveniently located near the stadium and other attractions. It was in dire need of refurbishing but the concierge, front desk staff, room service and housekeeping were all excellent.
Other trip Sep 9, 2014
The staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful. The food at the restaurant for dinner was not good. The breakfast was good. There were small bugs in the bathroom in the room.
4 night trip Aug 30, 2014
"Good value for what you got."
For the price it was good. It looked like a modern hotel from the pictures, but the inside was a bit typical for the are. Good, but nothing special. I would recoend for a nice and clean place to sleep. The small casino attached, was OK. It was as expected. For the price, it was good.
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
Bobby
"Too much noise"
The shower was not clean and was not clean during my stay.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
oscar
"Staff made the stay wirthwhile"
The People on staff from Housekeeping to the Dinning Room and Front Desk all made the stay there worthwhile at the front door though is an concierge named Javier that has all the knowledge of the food and services in the hotel and around San Jose. his English is very good. He also speaks other languages but I don't so I won't comment on the fluency but he loves to help without interfering.
5 night trip Jul 30, 2014
"The entire staff made my stay there worthwhile"
I found the location to be satisfactory. It was a short walk to the Bus stop that could take me anyplace in San Jose, although I only went to the downtown area once. A grocery store that carried other miscellaneous needs was about a half mile and I was told a bank was about the same. The staff was out standing especially Javier. His multi language skills , his knowledge of all any travelers needs seemed endless and he is always anxious to help without getting in the way of privacy. David
1 night trip Aug 4, 2014
"Great place for easy access to San Jose Airport"
This was my second visit to the hotel. It was a recommendation from Expedia for close airport proximity. It is an older hotel, with comfortable rooms and a pleasant staff, who go out of their way to ensure a nice stay. If you stay walk up to the gym on the 5th floor and out on the rooftop patio, great view of the mountains.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
Sue
"Dirty"
My room was dirty it looks like no body clean it after the last person. The restroom had "pubic " hair around, the bath curtain had dirt all around in the down border and the entire bathroom smell to urine.. the bed cover was not clean I could see the dust or dirt on top I arrived late around 7 pm and i was so tired for this reason I could changed hotel I took a taxi to the airport because I should request the transportation 48 hours what I was no able to do, anyway.. for the price should have transportation any moment the client request it. I won't recommend this hotel for the almost 100 dollars I pay there are many more close to the airport and cheaper.. Big mistake I did
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
Mauren
I really like the staff they were very helpful. Enjoyed the bartender, was a delight to have him serve us. Very friendly....
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
It was Great Hotel for the prices, but they need to change the towels too old and rough.
4 night business trip Jun 29, 2014
Sandra
"Outstanding customer service!"
We stayed at this hotel the night before we flew home after a vacation in Costa Rica. The two guys at the front desk were very helpful - helping us find a place to eat in the evening, locating a grocery store, and arranging a wake up call and early (4am!) transportation to the airport - including breakfast boxes! The room was very nice, and the wake up call and ride to the airport were prompt the next morning. I would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
Dede
it was very nice except people out late in the courtyard and were very loud till 1:30am, was unable to sleep
2 night business trip Jun 13, 2014
pberski
"Great casino hotel"
It is locate next to La Sabana, a mile square park, restaurants, downtown San Jose, and offers complimentary breakfast and hotel transportation. Loved it.
Other trip Jun 13, 2014
Flory
"Enjoyed"
We really enjoyed our stay and the breakfast is great
Other trip May 21, 2014
sherri
"nice clean and friendly"
The place is a good, friendly, clean place. The staff is very accommodating and Diego the bartender is a great guy.
1 night business trip May 9, 2014
Mike D.
"air"
The staff was nice in the hotel. The staff in the casino were not very nice. The air conditioning does not work at this hotel.
2 night business trip May 8, 2014
anoed
"Great little hotel"
Jose and Javier!!!!! These guys make the place. Will deffinately be staying here my next trip.
Other trip May 8, 2014
Greg
"Good price for basic quiet room"
The room was quiet, much quitter than the TYRP hotel in San Jose that gets a lot of street noise. The only problem I had was that when I arrived they could not find my reservation, so I had to look up my e mail with confirmation information. I made a reservation for a room with a Kind bed, and was given a room with two double beds.
1 night trip Apr 18, 2014
KBartlett
"Good location near park, restaurants, taxis, buses"
The hotel was nice, though a little worn, restaurant average, I ate out;, good irestaurants nearby; room was nice, good beds, good shower, view, could've been a little cleaner (bathroom floor); I was happy with the hotel, though it wasn't as nice as the pictures.
Other trip Apr 17, 2014
"Wonderful time and the staff was very courteous"
Even thought I was there for a Funeral, the staff was there at all times when I needed something.
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
"Hotel Palma"
Stayed here twice in March. Good clean hotel but is definitely not luxury. Hotel staff was very helpful and polite. Room views were bad.
Other trip Mar 22, 2014
"Just close enough to San Jose."
I stayed at the Palma Real Hotel a few times and each time I received excellent service from the management and staff. During my stays, the hotel was always well kept. The rooms are larger than one would expect for the price. The hotel is located in a nice quiet area called Sabana, near San Jose. Downtown San Jose is just a quick taxi or local bus ride away.
1 night trip Mar 9, 2014
Delbert
"the location of the hotel is terrible."
the location of the hotel is terrible. And it's dangerous to walk in this area, the breakfast was disappointing, the staff was nice though. The light in the room wasn't great, Towels are dirty and they only have 1 towel and the don't change it the other day.
Other trip Mar 9, 2014
"Home away from Home."
I was greeted with a smile from the hotel with a smile and a hand shake from a old friend that I had made with him many years ago. I try to stay to stay this hotel because I know I will be treated like I am the only one there.
Other trip Feb 28, 2014
Jack
"Courteous and Friendly"
We enjoyed the stay we felt that we were with friends and I was able to polish up on my Spanish with some of the staff
Other trip Feb 16, 2014
"Vasant & Shree's stay"
This is the second time we stayed at this hotel We like the location as it is near to San Jose Staff is very friendly and helpful Jarvis was very helpful The breakfast was good and it is great value for the money It is no longer part of Barcilp group Hotel rooms are nice Need to provide more towels including hand towels
4 night business trip Jan 31, 2014
Vasant Deo
"Modern and comfortable"
Bookended our trip at Palma Real, and aside from not having much night-life around it to explore, it was great. The staff was exceptional, and went out of their way multiple times. Some confusion about the type of room we booked was cleared up quickly, and the rooms were excellent- in the vein of a W Hotel. The only down-side I can note is that the neighborhood was a little sketch. Other than that, it was fantastic.
1 night trip with friends Jan 31, 2014
Raffi
"Close to beach. Beautiful pool."
Very relaxing. The walk to town was about 20 minutes.
Other trip Feb 2, 2014
"Close to airport and shuttle included."
Hotel staff very willing to please. The pool is small and off the property, shared with a condo next door. The rooms were a decent size, clean and comfortable.
Other trip Jan 9, 2014
"Bad service"
The staff weren't helpful when it came to provide free airport shuttle. They didn't tell me I needed to make the shuttle reservation ahead of time and when I needed it, there wasn't space for me. So I had to take a taxi.
1 night trip Dec 29, 2013
Had a great time. The front desk was nice and could communicate in English at check up and check out. Every person there was making the stay at hotel comfortable. The bell men there were nice and attentive to our needs for travel or taxi.
Other trip Dec 15, 2013
"Very Nice Hotel"
This hotel is ver well located, the Staff brings good service and the room was very clean, the breakfast was ok, I was very confortable I recommend this Hotel for Business Trip
Other trip Oct 29, 2013
Carlos
"Nice, value-priced hotel for San Jose"
Stayed at this hotel a couple of times before, when it was part of the Barcelo brand. The same quality is still there, the value is also there. Checked in very early, after a flight from Panama arriving at 9:00 am. No problem. Similarly, checked out at 3:30 am for a departure from SJO at 6:00, no problem with service or taxis..
Other trip Oct 11, 2013
"Excellent.....but"
Air condition was not ok. Facilities And Restaurant Perfect Personal Staff Very kind
Other trip Sep 7, 2013
"Thought I would help"
Thought I would help answer some questions since the other reviews I read helped me answer some of my questions. Question #1- It appears this hotel is no longer part of the Barceló system. Questions #2- They are part of a shuttle service to the airport, but it is a service that services other hotels as well so that is why it gets complicated. This is the reason they want you to reserve 48 hrs ahead of time so they can email them to reserve a seat. So if you are in a hurry or don't reserve in time you may have to pay for a taxi to the airport at +-$25. The time to the airport depends on the traffic for the time of day it is. Additional info. The suite room is a big room, but think with the same AC as the others, so the room is a bit hot. There is a casino connected to the hotel and a small gym on the upper floor. Hope this helps.
1 night trip Sep 3, 2013
"close to downtown san jose"
the personnel was excellent,hotel has restaurant with gourmet type meals and a daily luncheon buffet,extensitve breakfast included with rate easy walk to nearby supermarket,buses or taxis right outside hotel,good location near Sabana Park
3 night trip Aug 21, 2013
"Wonderful City Gem"
THe Hotel Palma Real is a well maintained older property with an extremely friendly and professional staff. The door man / conceierge was fluent in English and had a lot of knowledge about the area. The rooms are updated, clean and the beds are comfortable. There is a business center with computers that are free to use, which was helpful. The reason I gave a 4 is that the carpet in the hotel ( common areas) needs replacing and even though the restaurant is nice, the food was okay but not great. I did enjoy my stay and would return to this hotel. They also offer airport shuttle, but you need to reserve this 24 hours in advance. I wouldn't classify this area (neighborhood) as picturesque or romantic but great for city, business or if you need convenience to the airport.
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
Misty
"Convenient"
My only complaint is that I couldn't iron my shirts due to the small size of the table. Good food and the bef is ok. Service is ok.
2 night business trip May 21, 2013
"Great staff"
Wonderful staff members, helpful, friendly and always warm. Quite a few spoke English, bonus. Close to highways, downtown and shopping areas. Close to national soccer (futbol) stadium. In a very busy industrial area. Within walking distance to eateries, not many open very late though. Fun little 2 level casino, quite rooftop exercise gym (very small), but a great place to wind down in the late evening. No, I repeat no swimming pool. If u want to swim u must use the neighboring apartment The Christine. We didn't go, I felt that was a bit odd. Free parking. Wouldn't recommend friends only because the area is so crowded and busy with a local college and large companies nearby, not very quite or relaxing especially on the weekdays. Staying in the city you won't be able to get away from the automobile fumes as well.
Other trip May 21, 2013
margaret
"I have stayed 3 times and will return"
The welcome drink was very nice, and the breakfast was superb
Other trip Apr 30, 2013
Too much noise at nights, be sure you room will not be to street side.
3 night trip Apr 21, 2013
"find another place!!"
Staff was not forth coming with information, how lights worked, etc....if you didn't ask they didn't tell you. Casino ripped me off only paid out half of winnings, just because my Spanish isn't perfect doesn't mean I can't do math. The restaurant was closed most of one lunch for "repairs, and the food was on okay. The "free shuttle" was only free one way, It cost $27.00 to go back to the airport. Oh yeah and when they picked me up my name was wrong even though they emailed me and I emailed them the correction. Good luck find another hotel!!!!!!!!!
Other trip Apr 15, 2013
"Best bang gor the buck"
At the price with an amazing breakfast buffet included, you won't find a better deal in Costa Rica
1 night family trip Mar 26, 2013