All hotels in St. Clair, Missouri, United States of America
866 South Outer Road, St. Clair, MO, 63077, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Value
    Quite clean
    Great pool
    Great room
"Beautiful, spacious, charming."
Loved this hotel. Very charming, very friendly staff. Condition of room and furnishings was outsranding. Floor was a little dirty, but otherwise everything was perfect. they even had free popcorn in the lobby.
1 night romance trip Dec 18, 2014
Overall a really nice hotel. Rooms are very "homey" and comfortable. Beds are comfortable and the room temperature was well regulated. I would not hesitate to stay here again.
1 night business trip Dec 10, 2014
Very clean room, pleasant staff. Nice dog run, for those traveling with furry companions.
Other trip Dec 5, 2014
well situated
"Budget can be GOOD!"
I’m a little leery of places with “budget” in the name, but this motel was in the right spot on the last leg of our journey and had excellent reviews. And we were definitely not disappointed! It doesn’t have great reviews for nothing! The lobby is very welcoming and offers 24-hour coffee, tea, and popcorn! The room is very comfortable, lots of cushy pillows, a nice desk, clean, wonderful shower and towels, couldn’t have been nicer for the last night of our trip. The only caveat is the entrance is a little difficult to spot in the dark, so when you get off the exit, watch for it carefully.
1 night romance trip Oct 29, 2014
"Nice hotel. very clean"
This is a very nice hotel. Its always clean. The staff is always friendly. The biscuits and gravy they have for breakfast are very good. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
"Family Trip"
We have stayed here many times. WE really like it!
1 night family trip Oct 24, 2014
Leann
"Perfect place to stop on your way"
Room was large and clean, appeared to be newly remodeled. Very nice.
1 night trip Oct 18, 2014
Ron
"Just a quick overnight"
Found the staff friendly, the room clean and the bed comfortable. Simple breakfast, nothing big. If you're driving through, it's a nice place to stay.
1 night business trip Oct 11, 2014
"buget lodging"
We have stayed here before and everything was good. We will stay there again.
1 night trip with friends Oct 3, 2014
Kirk
My room had a strong pet odor and it was located near a dog -run area. I had no pet !! The room was dark and located in a corner where no sunlight could enter the room. After running the AC; the odor was not as strong. Did not request another room but felt that this was a room was not the same quality as the other rooms available in their ad. Will not return.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
Rose
"Excellent in every way!"
Absolutely perfect, loved the dog park area. Great staff, only 10 extra minutes from purina farm. Well worth the drive.
2 night trip Sep 19, 2014
Victoria
We loved the Christian atmosphere but could hear our noisy neighbors late into the nite. They were outside quite a bit. I realize that we had to go outside to get anything because of the motel type but, in that respect, we would have rather had an "inside" hotel. Tom's wife
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
PH
"Will not hesitate to return."
Spent two nights there with my grandchildren ages 4 and 7. It was perfect for our mini vacay with them before going to Meramec Caverns the next day. My husband and I were both pleasantly surprised!
2 night family trip Aug 29, 2014
Andrea M.
"Warm, comfortable, and homey!"
When we arrived, we were greeted by a very friendly gal. She checked on times the restaurants were open in town - seeing that it was a holiday weekend. She shared fascinating stories about the owners. The lodge is still family owned - grandmother started it and children and grandchildren are still involved. There is a popcorn machine in the lobby and a checkers game - both of which we took advantage - yum and the game was a stalemate! The rooms are well kept, very clean, and handy to your car. It is up on a bluff and we had a gorgeous sunset the night we were there. There is a small outdoor swimming pool that was clean and well maintained. It was raining the morning we packed up to leave - it was nice to have the car so nearby. To get to the lobby you need to walk outside but the walkways are covered. We thoroughly enjoyed our one night stay!
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
"Nicest non-chain motel on I-44"
A very nice motel to stay at close to Missouri wine country. Prices are comparable with other "brand name" hotel/motels in same region, but, unlike the Super 8 in Washington, MO, the Budget Lodging motel has NO bed bugs.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
F
"Nice hotel, friendly staff"
Although a little further away from Six Flags than was advertised on Expedia, this hotel was out of the hustle and bustle of St. Louis but still very convenient. The staff was very friendly and helpful, both on the phone and in person. The two rooms we rented were very clean and comfortable. The breakfast was great, with plenty of options to choose from. We would definitely stay there again and have already recommended this hotel to others.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
auntj
"Would stay again!"
Staff was very friendly and the room was very clean and exceeded our expectations. Better service than higher rated/costly motels during our trip.
1 night trip Aug 28, 2014
EC
"Probably not staying here again"
We stayed here before so we knew it wasn't a luxurious place, but sufficient for one night. However, when I arrived at 10:30pm, there was no one in sight for check-in. I called out, rang a bell, called on the phone while standing at the front desk - nothing. Then I called my wife who in turn tried to call the front desk while I continued to look for a desk clerk. When the phone was finally answered, she heard voices in the background, but the person who picked up the phone hung up on her. She then called Hotels.com to see if they could find a desk clerk. In the meantime, the clerk showed up and proceeded to tell me he didn't know anyone was looking for him. He picked up the ringing phone while I was standing in front of him - I saw him hang up on my wife and indicated that it was likely my wife who was calling to find someone. He could not have cared less. At 10:30pm, I'm looking for efficiency and a reasonably pleasant check-in process to get to my pre-paid room, not absent and rude personnel.
1 night business trip Aug 21, 2014
"If you visit St.Clair, this is the place to stay."
I found myself on the road and St.Clair was at the mid-point of my travels. The town itself is small and there are not a lot of choices in where to stay. This hotel was great. Clean, good service, right off of the highway, and close to a lot of good eating places. The staff is very nice and courteous. I would stay here again if the occasion arises.
1 night trip Aug 15, 2014
Susie
"Nice for travelers"
Had to switch rooms because of smoke odor. But staff was very friendly. Nice place if you are passing through.
1 night trip Aug 7, 2014
Deenani
"great stay for the price"
Very cozy hotel with very nice staff.. definitely would stay again. Only problem was shower head needed more pressure other then that great stay! And good selection for the breakfast.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
cheryl
"Perfect for our trip"
The Budget Lodging was a nice, rustic, Lodge. Beds were comfy, and housekeeping was nice and friendly.
6 night trip Jul 15, 2014
Jennifer S.
The motel was clean and the staff was very helpful and pleasant. Our early arrival request was accommodated. The only negative comment I have is that our room had a very strong odor of DOG.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2014
"wonderful stay"
Our stay was very enjoyable. The staff was attentive and friendly. Everything was nice and clean. The only thing I would say needed to improve was the breakfast menu. We would stay there again.
2 night family trip Jul 20, 2014
"in memory of our son who passed birthday getaway"
It was perfect for us. We take time for ourselves on our sons birthday weekend each year since he passed in 2011. Great staff and nice rooms. Will return.
3 night trip Jul 11, 2014
steph
"Clean, Comfortable and Convenient"
Rooms well furnished and very comfortable, free wifi access and more than adequate electrical outlets to charge equipment. Very nice.
1 night trip Jul 6, 2014
William Goff
"Trip to Six Flags"
The hotel is definitely old but you can tell they take good care of it. We had a smoking room and to our surprise it didn't have that heavy smoke smell the minute you open the door. They had a bench and table/chairs on the balcony so we didn't even smoke in the room and sat outside to enjoy the weather! The pool was small but adequate for our kids to play in. The beds were comfortable enough for our stay. The bathroom and room itself were outdated but everything worked fine and was clean, you can just tell they take pride in their hotel and do their best to keep it maintained. The continental breakfast was ok, had enough variety to satisfy our hunger. Location is right off the freeway and easy to get to.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
Local Travelers
"like staying with family"
We stayed here as a stop over on the way to our destination. We staff was friendly and helpful. the room looked new. the breakfast was great. Next time we head that way we would stay there again.
1 night trip Jul 3, 2014
"Satisfied"
Room is located by several businesses. Our smoking room did not smell like smoke! Room was clean. They have a swimming pool outside that overlooks highway. Great view. Easy access to highways. I came to hotel and stayed ( 2 ) nights while enjoying Six Flags St. Louis.
2 night family trip Jun 24, 2014
Wisconsin
"Very Friendly Staff"
Our room was perfect for what we were looking for. It was clean and comfortable, and you can't beat the price. The room was just like what I have seen at much more expensive hotels. The staff was by far the best part. They were extremely friendly and informative, and really made us feel welcome. They really seemed to care about making sure we were comfortable and happy.
1 night trip Jun 29, 2014
"Excellent place for overnight stay"
Just needed to stop & sleep overnight and this place was perfect. Right off the highway, easy to get to. Easy check-in, very nice staff. Didn't know about the $25 pet fee, but that was hotels.com fault - not visible when using their website on my phone. A bit on the older side, but very clean and comfy.
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
B. I.
"Nice hotel near I-44."
The only problem was with other guests who decided to party outside of room. Hotel staff responded quickly to clear obnoxious guests.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
"Excellent location"
We were very satisfied! The price was affordable, the people, very friendly & the rooms, lobby and the outside of the motel was very clean & neat. We will recommend this motel to all of our family & friends!
1 night trip Jun 22, 2014
David Lange
"Quality STAY At A Great Price"
Very pleased with little motel on the road! Great beds, very nicely furnished & a good breakfast too.
1 night trip Jun 23, 2014
RAK
"Fantastic value."
Price vs high rating seemed too good to be true. It is true. We had a great stay, and loved the pool, popcorn & beds. Outstanding!
1 night trip Jun 18, 2014
Condor
"Our new regular stop!!"
Nice owners great pool and coffee all day and night. Great place.
1 night trip Jun 17, 2014
B. Young
"Super Stay"
Excellent
1 night trip Jun 11, 2014
"very good value"
Comfortable, clean room at a good price. Nice pool.
2 night trip Jun 3, 2014
"Surprising"
For an older motel at this price I didn't expect much but I was pleasantly surprised by the friendly staff and small details offered here. I would recommend it highly.
Other trip May 30, 2014
"Midway stop"
This hotel looked newly remodeled and was very nice. We asked for a nearby restaurant. They sent us to a great one, and even gave us a coupon for the restaurant.
1 night trip May 26, 2014
Trudy
"Great Atmosphere"
Even though it was budget lodging you still receive the amenities of an upscale hotel such as robe, jetted tube and wall mount television. Bed was very comfortable with 12 pillows. Very clean, outside appearance of facility was inviting and all employees were personable and with great attitudes. Will definitely stay again when in the area.
2 night business trip May 23, 2014
Rich
Hotel was very clean and appeared to have been recently renovated. The staff was polite and helpful. Room was very well maintained.
Other trip May 26, 2014
Clean quiet room
1 night trip May 17, 2014
TC
"Adequate"
Room was decent and clean. Bed comfort ... so-so. Would have liked coffee.
1 night business trip Apr 25, 2014
"Couldn't have been ANY better..absolute perfection"
From the minute we walked in to the time we left everything was perfect. The staff was friendly. The room as extremely clean and made us feel like we were home. The morning breakfast was great. Would highly recommend!
1 night trip Apr 11, 2014
Amanda H.
"Sheets and towels Smelled Nice"
Sheets and towels were very fresh-smelling. Almost as if they were line-dried outdoors. Tap water was almost too hot in sink and shower. VERY clean room and bathroom--exceptional.
Other trip Apr 24, 2014
The Senior Coup
"Very Nice Stop on a Family Road Trip"
It was not a new, fancy hotel. Just a nice, clean, well-maintained place. The staff was very friendly and helpful. You can tell they really care about their guests and take pride in their property.
1 night family trip Mar 29, 2014
All was average but good for the cost except the spots and dirt on the carpet in our room.
1 night trip Feb 23, 2014
"Getaway"
We really enjoyed our stay. The bed was very comfortable and the bath robe was a nice touch. Clean and close to several eating establishments.
1 night trip with friends Feb 14, 2014
"Return Visit"
This motel is a great example of what a caring management can do to keep a motel in peak form regardless of when it is was built. Instead of sucking all the profits from the motel, management has reinvested over time. The motel was built in the early 90's and after 25 years it is in excellent condition. Yes the shower/tub/toilet room is small and the overall unit size is typical of Microtel. The sink area is separate and (I think) a great convenience. Nice to have the bath heat lamp too. The flat screen was just fine with the usual choice of basic channels. Room heat worked very well. Beds were comfortable and everything was in tiptop shape. Staff at the lobby desk are friendly and helpful and are attentive to keeping the popcorn and coffee replenished. The main weakness of the motel is the breakfast. It is carbohydrate-heavy and the coffee is very weak. Given the nightly rates however, this place is great..
1 night trip Dec 28, 2013