All hotels in Edison, New Jersey, United States of America
1050 King Georges Post Road, Edison, NJ, 08863, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9

3 night romance trip Mar 26, 2015

TripAdvisor reviews for Palace Hotel

"BAD HOTEL"
07/23/15 Sri V
Washroom was not cleaned urine on the seat. Room was not vacuumed and bed was not clean. Front-desk employee mentioned there is not cleaning lady available at night. Checked out immediately and went for a better hotel.
"WORST HOTEL"
07/09/15 Nicholas C
I've been to several hotels and this is by far the worst. It is in the middle of no where. The hotel looks like a construction sight outside and in. The smell is atrocious. You get less than basic cable on the TV. About 8 channels, half being foreign ones. This hotel caters heavily towards Indians and as an American I felt extremely out of place and uncomfortable. Not to mention the staff is rude. A clerk called me at midnight screaming at me, accusing me of leaving a door open. Even went as far as saying "you people." When confronted the next day they denied such actions. Room has no fridge or microwave so I was unable to store or reheat food. The price was extremely high and not worth it at all. A complete waste of money. I considered sleeping in my car, that's how bad it was!! Do yourself a favor and never stay at the "palace" hotel. Plenty of other hotels in the area, I am begging you to not stay here.
"Not what I expected!"
03/03/15 Sandra W Grandview, Missouri, USA
I know that there are worse places, but I felt extremely out of place there. Ridiculous and rude security guards (in turbans), no fridge or microwave in room, not enough towels and wash cloths, an atmosphere mostly attuned to those from India. They had an extra charge for breakfast, and it is way too expensive for what is offered. It felt strange to me, like I entered the Twilight Zone and suddenly found myself in a foreign country. Maybe this property has been offered up to Hindu gods as a sacrifice or something. Or maybe it is really Hotel California...brrrrrrrr--Mufasa!!
"It's a measle-infected dump..."
11/26/14 dory1126 central nj
Don't believe the fake reviews (has anyone else noticed that the writing style is the same in all of them?). This place is a disgusting dump. If you need to stay in this area, there are a few nice hotels in Raritan Center. No one in their right mind would stay at this hotel. Stay away!!!
"thanks to new management"
10/21/14 Anarkali A
i stayed in palace hotel look very nice and clean rooms no complain close to n y city and wonderful restaurant if you like indian food real indian taste relaxing zacuzi friendly people good luck to new management thanks we really need .it
"Relatively good hotel! Very affordable!"
08/27/14 Dylan152 Austin, Kentucky, United States
Stayed at this hotel twice. The hotel does not have great curb appeal from the parking area and the outside is outdated in areas. The rooms were very nice spacious rooms. Relatively updated. The front desk staff was average. Certainly not great but they did attempt to address any concerns. The first time we stayed here we did have to ask to be moved to a different room. The room appeared to have not been vacuumed at all and food crumbs were scattered about. The room looked as if it was barely cleaned. The second room we were placed in was much better and cleaner. However the person from maintenance I would assume it was that brought us up the key to the second room was extremely rude and would not even speak. The front desk handled the issue okay but certainly not great. The last night we were there we slept very little from excessively loud music and stomping on the floor in the room above us. Doors were slammed throughout the night that night. The issue was reported to the front desk who was very nice about the issue but really did not handle it well for the excessive noise continued all night. This hotel is located in a great area and a short drive to Newark Penn Station were you can catch a quick PATH Train to New York for $3. Booked on Expedia and got an amazing deal. Just over 40$ a night after taxes. The hotel was very exceptional for that price and one of the best hotels I have stayed at before for under $75.
"OK, But Scary"
08/19/14 Akash P
The hotel itself was okay. The rooms were pretty comfortable but the bathroom Dorr did not close in room 231 or 327. Also our family was there for a wedding so we book around 10 rooms and we also book the meeting room. The meeting room was the problem. The meeting room had bed bugs! All of our got scared and watched where we were steeping the meeting room chairs were filled with bed bugs. So they they must be all around the hotel to be careful!
"Terrible disgusting place"
08/10/14 DavidnRenee Stamford, Connecticut
When my wife and I arrived , the place looked like an abandoned building. The parking and entrance is in the back of building and was just plain scary. When I parked, lining the length of build, at parking lot level, are abandoned dilapidated hotel rooms with broken windows and doors. The lobby is that of a cheap motel and the rooms just give the feel of "Dirty". I booked a King room and they tried to make me stay in a room with two small beds.While I was talking to front desk person regarding the incorrect room, she ran out of the front desk area because there was a bug flying around and upon returning said there are no King rooms available and any claims need to be taken up with booking source or manager of hotel on Monday. With all this,Of course I didn't stay ! ! ! ! Taking up claim with the site I booked with. I don't know how anyone could give this hotel a positive review.
"Terrible stay"
07/02/14 George B Billings, MT
We booked the room for 7 nights. The first day, we complained about the dirty carpet. On the 3rd day, we did not get towels and had to go downstairs and get them because they were not forthcoming. Around the rth or 5th day we did not get any soap. Again we had to go to the front desk to get it because 'no housekeeping staff after 5PM." Terrible bed also but were told that the hotel was booked for the week.
"You get why you pay for "
06/30/14 Ebtisam M
I felt like our hotel room floor was greasy! The bathroom wasn't really clean. We went to NYC and stayed at the palace because everything else was too expensive and booked. So our drive from NYC to the palace was 40 min. Not worth it, if your planning to go to NYC just get a hotel nearby. Might be pricey but worth it.