All hotels in Marblehead, Ohio, United States of America
8620 E. Bayshore Road, Marblehead, OH, 43440, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"On lake erie"
Beds were uncomfortable but the room was beautiful and the outdoor amenities were lovely.
3 night family trip Jul 30, 2013
Kay
"loved this place"
I stayed there with my husband and grandkids. we had a great time. Everyone was friendly. Hotel was clean and nice. Pools and play area were great. Kids enjoyed it. We had a great time. It was close to the things we wanted to do. the kids would have been happy to stay there the whole time.
Other trip Aug 1, 2013
Tina
"Grumpy Workers Resort"
We had a nice stay however it was marred by a few things. Firstly, the adult pool is not for adults only. Too many children when you are looking for quiet. Staff grumpy, perhaps overworked and not staffed properly. Shower curtains were moldy. Towels smelled bad.
Other trip Aug 1, 2013
"Marblehead resort hotel near beach"
The hotel was pretty nice. Check-in was really easy and the staff very accommodating to our needs. Like most resorts, it has lots of activities designed to keep guests entertained while on their grounds. There was three swimming pools including an awesome kiddie pool, a shuffle board, a volleyball net and somewhat extensive grounds for your own games. There is also a very small beach allowing access to Lake Erie. I was expecting the hotel to be right on the beach as was stated in the info and was especially looking forward to looking out over the water from our balcony and in-room jacuzzi. Instead, the view that we got was of the resort pools with the lake in the background. It was still very nice, but a bit disappointing. Housekeeping came by everyday and unlike many places actually acknowledged the do-not-disturb signs. The only bad thing about the hotel was that a mini-fridge/microwave was not included in the room. They were available to rent for a nightly fee but that was upsetting considering what I paid for the room. The hotel wasn't especially quiet. In fact, I could hear the people in the room next to us constantly. Also, the air conditioning was antiquated and was either on or off, with no auto function. Because of this, the temperature in the room was often uncomfortable, especially at night when we were sleeping and unable to switch the settings.
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
Becky
"Nice hotel. Close to a ton of entertainment."
Went there for a girl's weekend. The suite was good enough for what we needed. Normally would like at least 2 real beds as opposed to sleeper sofas. Continental breakfast was ok...nothing to write home about, but again, good enough. Michael worked his tail off at the front desk all weekend. Helped with everything we asked for. On Saturday night they normally do a bonfire, it was rainy all day so we asked of they were still going to do it. He asked us if we wanted him to. They weren't planning on it because everything was wet, but he said he'd put it together if we wanted him to. That was super nice of him. We didn't take him up on the offer, but I know he would've done it.
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
Robyn
"Great place"
Good views, nice grounds, great place.
2 night romance trip Jul 23, 2013
Completely satisfied. Staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Room was clean, building was clean, pool beach were clean...the only thing that was disappointing was that the walls are paper thin and we could hear the hot tub motor and the people talking in the next room.
1 night trip with friends Jul 22, 2013
"Disappointed through until the end!!"
I was very disappointed for the amount paid I expected a lot more. Breakfast was sparse to say the least and didn't even have cream cheese for the bagels. The lobby was so hot in comfy to eat breakfast up there. The woman at the desk was not friendly or nice!! Very disappointed!! The room was not very big. The entire hotel needs to be updated! I was expecting so much more. I was embarrassed when we got there.
Other trip Jul 18, 2013
"A neat place to stay"
A nice place to stay with a lot to do on the grounds yet is located in a quiet area. Everything is very clean. The staff is excellent and very helpful. Room is a little dated and doesnt come with appliances like mini fridge and microwave. Our room did have kind of a strong air freshner smell to it. We enjoyed the water taxi to Cedar Point. Overall, we enjoyed it for its uniqueness and would recommend it.
Other trip Jul 18, 2013
Rickardo
enjoyed our visit very much!!!
1 night family trip Jul 11, 2013
linn
"Very Relaxing Atmosphere"
Everything was great. Only thing missing was on-site restaurant and on-site bar. If you want to relax, highly recommended!
1 night family trip Jul 13, 2013
"absolutely loved it"
My daughter and I truly enjoyed our stay with you. So much so that we have approached other family members to get together there later in the season.
1 night family trip Jul 12, 2013
Jeri
"Not the cleanest room"
The room was ok, but looked like it hadn't been vacuumed very well in quite a while. The bed and pillows were very uncomfortable, and the breakfast was ok but nothing more than cereal and bagels/muffins.
Other trip Jul 14, 2013
"So bad I didn't even stay my second night"
I was so disappointed in the whole resort. I left with one night left on my reservation.
2 night trip Jul 3, 2013
Will
"Nice hotel close to Cedar Point & Island ferries"
We stayed 3 nights, had 3 rooms, at the end of June 2013 for a family gathering and had a very pleasant experience. All the rooms were clean and were stocked with sufficient quantities of towels, soaps, etc. The staff at the hotel was great, gave us directions to everywhere we wanted to go and provided many extras such as a campfire to sit around in the evening. This hotel is close to the places that we wanted to go and was still remote enough to have quiet in the evening. Cottages are also available and while didn't go inside any of them outside all are well maintained. The 3 pools were all clean and were enjoyed by all of us. We would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Jul 6, 2013
"breakfast"
The breakfast bar was very limited and the morning staff did not refill items when they were gone.
4 night family trip Jun 29, 2013
Cindy
The hotel/resort was very nice and had a lot of ammenities/activities for families with children. The two things that we were unsatisfied with was the comfort of the bed and the breakfast provided. Other than that, the staff was very friendly and helpful, the grounds were well maintained with plenty of things to do while there.
1 night trip Jun 29, 2013
Cindie
"awesome weekend"
I took my daughters and best friend to the resort for a birthday present for one of my daughters. Had the best time, wonderful amenities, and best of all, outstanding service! Can't wait to go back!!
Other trip Jun 16, 2013
"Cedar Point"
We enjoyed the stay. Everything was nice, but the beds could have been a little bit more comfortable. Hotel staff was very helpful. They have a ferry to Cedar Point for $10 a person if you don't want to drive. The hot tub really was more like a warm pool.
Other trip Jun 15, 2013
Lori
"Excellent Stay"
I thought the hotel and the service were excellent both nights my friend and I stayed there. The room, and bathroom were clean, and in working condition. My only problems were that the doors would stick, so they were a bit loud to close if not done carefully, and the towels were a bit small and rough. Very minor complaints in ny book. They also have added a water taxi to take you to Cedar Point, and other destination in the bay. For a $20 round trip ticket it is a great service. Unfortunately the return trip from the park is at 8:30. This wil cut several hours off your day once the park closes at midnight. The two pools, beach volleyball court, fire pit, and gazebos on the dock were enough to make up for our lost hour and a half at the park. The sunsets are beautiful. I recommend a stay here.
Trip with friends Jun 12, 2013
Sean
"Nice family friendly resort"
The staff was very friendly The room was nice and nautical The view was nice It was in a nice quiet area This is a very family friendly resort with not only hotel rooms with a view, but cottage, swimming, volleyball, tennis, kids play area and marina. It also offered ferry service to Cedar Point.
Other trip Jun 10, 2013
"Plenty to Do"
very nice and quiet place. Staff was very helpful with any needs or requests
Other trip Jun 3, 2013

"OVER PRICED"
the room was dirty, the beds are not comfortable, the room didn't have a fridge or an iron. It said breakfast was included, it was not a good breakfast, nothing hot
1 night family trip Jun 6, 2015
"Pleasant"
Nice clean hotel in a quiet area.
1 night trip Oct 12, 2013
Tracey
1 night trip Jun 16, 2013
1 night trip Jun 6, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for South Beach Resort Hotel

"Kind of expensive for what you get"
11/12/15 Coopersharley Beach City, Ohio
The rooms were clean, but smelled funny. There isn't much privacy on your balcony/patio with the pool and playground right in front of you. If the price was 30%-40% lower, it would have been satisfactory.
"A good choice"
11/02/15 Steven S Waynesville
We arrived at the South Beach Resort near Port Clinton Ohio and found that since it was late October and the tourist season was over that we were one of the very few guest for the weekend. Since we like to relax on our vacations this was perfect for us. It is located only a few minutes form Port Clinton but is remote enough that it is a very quite area. It is also not to far from the Cedar Point amusement park. The room itself was nice and included a Jacuzzi. The view of Sandusky Bay was great. However it didn't have a microfridge included which would have been nice. We could have added one for an extra fee. There were two sinks, one in the bathroom and another across from the bathroom which made it easy for two people to get ready at the same time. The only minor problems were that there was no guide of the TV stations and that the sink in the bathroom's plumbing was exposed which could be a problem for people with curious children. The only other problem was with the heating/cooling unit which never seemed to be able to get set right. It got either too hot or cool with the heat running. The Receptionist were very helpful about which restaurants were good in the area as we had been planning to visit an old favorite but found out that it was not what it used to be. Overall I would go back to South Beach anytime. We may even come back with the family during a summer and try out one of their four room cabins.
"This place is AWESOME!!"
09/20/15 RhondaJ711 Fairborn, Ohio
I have been going to Port Clinton and Sandusky for the past couple of years ( I only live 3 hours away)... but never stayed here!! What a truly wonderful place!! I stayed in the hotel.. 4th floor.. lake front... king bed, Jacuzzi in the room...it was amazing!! Connie at the front desk was so very nice and welcoming....we sat and chatted over coffee a couple mornings.. and I was even crying when I left to go home.. I didn't want to leave!! I will definitely be coming back!! I walked down to the boat docks and sat in the gazebo and drank coffee and watched the sunset...just magical. The room was clean and bright... I had my own balcony.. I opened the door and let the fresh air in...I cant wait to go back!! The only drawbacks from the chain hotels (this is local family owned and operated)... no fridge and no microwave in the rooms.. but you can rent them...and no restaurant on the property but you are 6 minutes from anything you could want... even Walmart is close by. Sandusky is about 15 minutes away...just plan ahead and you will be fine....LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!
"A great stop"
09/16/15 dezzie1952 Cincinnati, Ohio
a neat place, great for family. very close to many activities. Kellys island Put in Bay and Ceder Point are very close. The water activities for the kids are great. Breakfast was good as expected for family
09/16/15 volunteermomOhio Ohio
We stayed in one of the two bedroom "cottages" and we were very disappointed. You have to bring EVERYTHING! There is nowhere to put anything in the bathroom - not even the towels you bring! The floors are dirty - we mopped the kitchen ourselves it was so bad! The furniture was old & uncomfortable. The price is way too high! You can rent a beautiful 2 bedroom fully equipped condo on the beach in Florida for less!!! The only thing they have going for them is they have some fantastic things for the kids - 3 pools, a long cabin, castle, pirate ship & a train to play on. This area really needs an upscale hotel to bring the level of accomodations up a notch!
"Cottages"
09/08/15 mike o
The cottages are very rustic and when they say you have to bring everything they mean it, even salt and pepper. The people who own it are not very friendly. The beach was area had 5 or 6 dead fish floating around in it. As a result I would say the place is over priced, the owner is just in it to make as much money as possible and give back as little as ha can
"Nice and relaxing getaway"
09/07/15 kevins80 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Very family orientated. There are a number of items geared to excite the child's imagination. The place has three swimming pools; including a 'quiet' swimming pool mostly geared for adults. Kids can have fun playing make believe in pirate ship, a castle, a train or a log cabin. Some rooms have a nice size balcony that you actually sit on and enjoy the view of the lake.
"Why?"
09/07/15 MermnDerd
Why have a business whose main goal is to have guests return, but then treat them like they are an imposition on your time? The unfriendly desk staff was topped by paper thin walls and ceiling. We could hear conversations in the hallway. We could clearly hear the dialogue of the television in the next room. Worst of all, was hearing each step of the guest above us due to creaking floor boards an no insulation. The bedspreads needed a washing, as well. Good luck sleeping in this hotel! While the somewhat lakefront property has potential, the hotel was cheaply built and could be currently better maintained.
"So much potential but......"
09/05/15 3fisd
This resort has so much to offer: three pools; decent small beach; on the lake; bonfire available at night, well maintained playground, and cute cottages. However, it is the staff and lack of attention to detail that will sink this place. I have never been to a hotel with a staircase that was as impossible to find, thinnest walks ever, mattresses looked to be from the 80s, cold pools, and mold spots in ceiling. Oddest of all....while staying at the resort there were 2 non-English speaking boys - probably of college age, riding around in a golf cart, video taping guests and collecting trash (I truthfully think this was the maintenance/security people)..it would have been creepy if it wasn't so comical.
"This Hotel is a death trap..."
09/02/15 Scott H Avon Lake, Ohio
This Hotel is a death trap... A power transformer blew up the night we were staying there. Not knowing what was going on and we were staying on the fourth floor where we soon found out the hotel has limited emergency lighting and no emergency lighting in the stairwells. With the elevator not working the stairs (in the pitch black) was the only way to feel our way out to safety, because we still had no idea what was going on. The two (count them two) hotel staffs had never made an effort to notified the guest of what the emergency was or helped anyone find there way out, when we did get outside we found them sitting in the parking lot obviously never being trained in how to handle an emergency situation.