All hotels in Bucyrus, Ohio, United States of America
1601 State Route 4, Bucyrus, OH, 44820, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Weekend retreat"
Very please with Hideaway Inn, near Bucyrus OH. Historic home made into rooms, in farmland setting with no noisy centers nor subdivisions around. Very comfortable place to go for seeing Lake Erie , central Ohio, Amish country, Hike/bike areas
3 night trip with friends Jul 2, 2015
Don E
"What a disappointment!"
We found this place on line and it looked like the perfect place to go for our 40th Wedding Anniversary. Time was slipping away and since we married on Valentine's Day, we knew finding a place would be a challenge. BUT "lucky us" we found this place and made the reservation...so excited that we were able to find it. We received a CONFIRMATION for 2 nights. When we arrived the ditzy girl at the desk said we overpaid and she quoted us a lower price. I was even more pleased...however when she led us up the steps we were mortified to see a teeny little room ....quickly I told her this was wrong. We had paid for a LOFT room which included a fireplace, Jacuzzi tub and breakfast the next morning. She said OH well that's why there was a price difference. So we went back down to the desk at which point another employee joined her and I could tell immediately something was wrong. They finally said SORRY you can only have the room tonight...because after all it's Valentine's Day tomorrow... I said YEA I know and besides that it's my 40th Wedding Anniversary! She said they were booked since January for all rooms. So I said ok then WHY did we get a confirmation that the room was available in the first place. I felt like leaving immediately but since it was getting late and there was just no other place to go we stayed. Honestly the room was BEAUTIFUL and the surroundings were so peaceful. No doubt we would have gone back again if we hadn't been treated so badly.
Other trip Feb 16, 2014
2 night romance trip Dec 24, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for HideAway Country Inn

"Weekend vacation"
07/09/15 Don W
This Inn sits in a rural site between hundreds of acres of soybeans and corn, and has a quiet creek alongside. No noise, no airports, no distractions. Excellent place to go for a week, a month, or just a weekend.
"Tranquill comfortable and great food!"
04/11/15 Jim D Grand Blanc, Michigan
We found this cozy and tranquil B & B by good luck on return drive from Florida. Owner Debbie Miller made us feel most welcome and told us all about this place's interesting history and her family's impressive farming operations. She personally prepared our delicious breakfast of vanilla yogurt, strawberries, sweet potato waffles and ham. We will certainly return and recommend this to family and friends.
"No worder they hide it away..."
04/05/15 John R New Albany, Ohio
No wonder they hide it away.....(food review only) Came for Easter brunch and it was pretty disastrous. Maybe 25 people in the restaurant and they couldn't keep buffet filled or the entrees hot. Entrees were no good. Scalloped potatoes were cold and broken, lamb was so overlooked it could have been called jerky, the over cooked spring veggies were overcooked summer squash. It was obvious to owners/manager and server we had a horrible experience and no offer was made to reconcile. Do not eat here with any expectations. I'm not a malicious person and do not write bad reviews but our family got robbed today and enough people in a position that could have made it better did not.
"Cute and relaxing. Great food!"
03/28/15 Carrie S Toledo, Ohio
We stayed in the eagles nest, the room was cute and comfortable. Living area downstairs with bath and bed upstairs. This suite was in the carriage house just across the parking lot from the main inn. We liked being in the carriage house for a bit more privacy and it was very quiet. The food at the pub/restaurant was phenomenol. The chef was very friendly and talented. I had the Drew burger and smothered house chips and they were both fantastic. Best burger I've ever had. If he can make a hamburger taste that good, can't imagine what the rest of the menu tastes like! We will go back and make sure to have dinner there again. The staff was very welcoming and friendly at every opportunity. Check in/check out were fast and friendly and servers at both meals were sweet and attentive. Comfortable, not stuffy.
"WONDERFUL, relaxing, and friendly!!!!"
03/21/15 Emilyk66
My boyfriend and I had initially booked the serenity garden due to the lower price range of the room! Upon arrival we were very please looked very well kept and very nice staff! Got up to our room and wasn't exactly what we had in mind so we went back down to the office and asked if they had any bigger rooms they were very understanding and quick to find us something else and did a discounted last minute booking. We then stayed in the hunters den(would 100% recommend) very spacious and cozy. Had fireplace, mini fridge, 2 tvs, an upstairs loft, rocking chairs on back porch, and our favorite of all a nice big 2 person hot tub!!! They recommended an excellent wine and had it waiting chilled in our room in a bucket of ice and a nice flower arrangement we asked for! We are VERY PLEASED!!! All of the staff was so kind and helpful!!!!!!! And great candle lit dinner and amazing cocktails in the pub!! I would definitely recommend this place to stay in for anyone looking for a calm getaway! Only negative thing that may bother some people is the creaky stairs for the rooms inside house! I would suggest getting ur own loft room across from house for the best stay possible the little extra money is worth it for the upgrade on room!! 5 stars hands down we plan on coming back again this year!!
"Amazing!! Not your average B&B.. you wont be disappointed.."
03/04/15 Heather D
My husband and I visit Hideaway every year for our anniversary. We are always treated like royalty and love trying out all the cool rooms. The food is AMAZING!! I'm not kiding, Amazing! The breakfast that comes with your stay is no ordinary breakfast! I'm talking waffles, bacon, pastries and a fruit and yogurt while they are coming this amazing breakfast. I am gluten free and Debbie the owner and Chef Drew were sooo accommodating! We also had the dinner picnic basket, Chef Drew is awesome. Food was superb! Highly recommend Hideaway!! :)
"FORGET THE BAD REVIEWS, THIS PLACE ROCKS!"
11/05/14 mib3585
My wife and I had a mini-moon in the Africa suite for 2 nights and could not have been more impressed with the stay. The food was fantastic, far beyond the quality of some top notch restaurants (and I'm from Las Vegas and I have been to some top shelf places). We purchased a particular package, however decided to switch it up upon arrival, and there were no issues. We did a wine tasting/class with the owner directly. The owner was quite personable and an absolute delight to sit with for over an hour while discussing wines and life in general. All the food was made from scratch from their garden. Make sure to request the blueberry scone at breakfast! If you are looking to get away from real life for a couple days and just relax in the arms of the one you love, this place has to be at the top of your list! Don't let the negative reviews deter you from what can be an impeccable vacation. My ONLY critiques were there were too many bubbles in the jacuzzi after the jets were turned on, and I couldn't finish all of the delicious food!
"STAY AWAY!!! OWNER IS THE WORST!!!"
10/12/14 ArmyShep
I cannot say enough how dissatisfied and disappointed I was in our stay at HideAway Country Inn. There were so many negative issues that all but ruined our wedding-night stay there. The only saving grace was that I was there with my bride and we made the best of a terrible experience. I emailed all of our negative experiences to the owner of the Inn, Deborah, and will include her responses throughout. First, I paid $55 for the "carpet of roses" package which was supposed to be a "trail of rose petals leading from your bedroom door to your balcony door and out to your private hot tub on the balcony." When we entered the room, there was a small bunch of petals by the bedroom door and another small bunch next to the balcony door. Each bunch looked like MAYBE a single rose worth of petals. Hardly the "trail of rose petals" I was promised. The owner's response to this issue was "I looked at your INVOICE and saw that there were over 10,000 petals laid out in your room." Yes. You read that right. 10,000. Um. No. Go ahead and google search "10,000 rose petals" and you'll see how it would be impossible to confuse this many rose petals with the handful that were actually in our room... I wish I had taken pictures so that I could show you exactly what we saw. Additionally, the rose package was to include rose petals in the shape of a heart on the bed. They conveniently leave out the fact that these are cheap, ugly, and clearly FAKE rose petals. Not even the high-quality silk petals. The owner's response was that they cannot put real rose petals on the bed, because they would stain the blanket. (Maybe this is the same reason there weren't 10,000 on the floor like she claims...because there's a huge rug that covers most of the floor). Suffice to say, you'd be better off buying a dozen roses at Walmart for $10, and laying them out yourself. When I booked the room (the "Smith Room") I was told it had a "private balcony with a private two-person hot tub." I asked the lady over the phone a number of questions about the "privacy" of this balcony and hot tub. I was assured the balcony and hot tub were "secluded from the view of other guests." You can imagine my surprise when we walked out onto our balcony and there were guests having a bonfire in the fire pit DIRECTLY BEHIND OUR ROOM! One of the men sitting around the bonfire looked right at us as we stepped onto the balcony. When I raised this concern with the front desk, the "chef" (I use that term very loosely) said that he always suggests guests "prop the hot tub cover up against the balcony railing." Always suggests - which means that this is a common concern among guests who were told their balcony and hot tub were "private" and "secluded" just like I was told. Real romantic. Also when I booked the room, I ordered the "chilled champagne" package. What was waiting for us was "sparkling wine." Her response: "I am a trained Sommelier. Champagne Only comes from the champagne region of France. True Champagne would have been the same price as your room." Well then don't offer "chilled champagne" as a package!!! I informed her that my bride and I were awakened at 1:00 in the morning to the sound of screaming and yelling. When I walked downstairs to ask that the "guests" quiet down, I recognized each and every one of the six people in the room as EMPLOYEES whom I had seen on the grounds throughout our stay. I even mentioned one of them - Victoria - by name in my email. Her response was that the "guest" who was making all of the noise had apologized (to somebody - not me) the next morning. So apparently her employees told her it was a guest who was making all of the noise so that they wouldn't get into trouble. And these are just a couple of the negative issues we had. So for the overpriced room, overpriced "carpet of flowers," misleading "chilled champagne" package, false "privacy" advertising, and disrespectful employees, (and other issues not addressed here) her resolution was....wait for it.... she sent us a voucher for a "free night stay" in the future. Yeah. Because I had such a great experience that I would want to ever return in the future. Not. And get this...the "free night" is for ONE particular room and, you guessed it, it's the CHEAPEST ROOM they have. Almost $50 per night cheaper than the room I had paid for. I will be putting this place on blast on every review website I can find. I just wanted to give you all the heads-up so that you don't make the mistake of staying there in the future. I would give ZERO stars, but that isn't an option!
"Help spread the word, don't waste your time."
09/28/14 Katie C Willoughby, Ohio
I would steer very clear of this place. Please help me spread the word so that other people won't be taken advantage of or lose money. I booked a short stay as a small honeymoon for myself and my husband, and should have investigated reviews more thoroughly. We drove over 2 hours there. The man working at the front desk was very polite and professional, but he had only been working there for about 4 days and was left alone. The landscaping was fixed up for the photos on the website about 20+ years ago, then they let it go. The room was embarrassing. On top of it, we had a family emergency arise, and had to leave quickly. We were told 3 different amounts within 48 hrs about some type of refund, but they tried pushing us to rebook. After being given the run-around and not able to get the owner, Debbie Miller, on the phone, I emailed her a very professional message inquiring about our refund. Her immediate response was defensive and began questioning what our emergency was. I let my husband handle speaking with her after that, and she began twisting our story, getting more and more defensive and rude each time. They have a cancellation policy and a separate early check out policy. She DOES NOT abide by either one. She is trying to keep all of our money, which is $1500 (including original deposit), including amenities, etc. We did not use any amenities. The owner is stuck on trying to find out what our emergency was, as if it is any of her business. She is stuck on throwing around the fact she has been in business for 24 years. She also felt the need to let us know she's seen people embezzle money from her before, as if that's relevant. She claims that we attempted to stay 7 months earlier and that our September reservation was our second reservation with them (impossible considering this was for a honeymoon stay...and our wedding was the day before our check in with their B&B). This is the tip of the iceberg as to what we are now dealing with. This is an extremely poorly run business where they will rob you blind in a heartbeat. They obviously don't care about tarnishing their name.
"Nice weekend Getaway"
07/26/14 Dave1168 Newark, Ohio
My wife and I stayed 2 nights in the Cherry suit. The suit is rustic "not fake rustic looking" but authentically rustic which we really enjoyed. From the smells of the real cherry wood wall panels and the real wood burning fire place to the creeking wooden stairs, this one kind of takes you back in time. The two person Jacuzzi tub is very roomy and especially romantic when you turn off the overhead lights and turn on only the room lamps.The bed was great soft and comfortable and breakfast was exceptional! This is a quiet quaint place to stay, if you are looking for somebody to be standing around awaiting your beckon call this one is NOT for you!!! There is not a restaurant / Pub in the sense that some might think or in he way the website kind of makes it sound. We were there on Thursday & Friday and other than at breakfast there was never a bar tender or any wait staff operating the pub / restaurant, the bar area stayed pretty vacant. We visited but nobody ever showed up to serve us. We did not have an issue with this as we soon figured out the atmosphere and adapted. Although the Inn is very quit and secluded, town is very close only a 5 min drive and there are many things to do and places to eat, we had some of the best pizza we have ever had at Baker's Pizza downtown. We did a round of golf at the Bucyrus Golf Club on Friday also a pretty nice place and fun course only 10 min away. If you book your T-time online through golf18 Mansfield you can get really great rates like 40-50% off! This being said it is all what you decide to make of it! We had a great time, enjoyed our suit greatly, went out for drinks, snacks & golf, enjoyed breakfast at the Inn and were exceptionally impressed with the hospitality of Debbie & Victoria. We'll be back!