All hotels in Bucyrus, Ohio, United States of America
You can collect® Rewards nights here
1601 State Route 4, Bucyrus, OH, 44820, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Weekend retreat"
Very please with Hideaway Inn, near Bucyrus OH. Historic home made into rooms, in farmland setting with no noisy centers nor subdivisions around. Very comfortable place to go for seeing Lake Erie , central Ohio, Amish country, Hike/bike areas
Genuine guest review
3 night trip with friends Jul 2, 2015
Don E
"What a disappointment!"
We found this place on line and it looked like the perfect place to go for our 40th Wedding Anniversary. Time was slipping away and since we married on Valentine's Day, we knew finding a place would be a challenge. BUT "lucky us" we found this place and made the excited that we were able to find it. We received a CONFIRMATION for 2 nights. When we arrived the ditzy girl at the desk said we overpaid and she quoted us a lower price. I was even more pleased...however when she led us up the steps we were mortified to see a teeny little room ....quickly I told her this was wrong. We had paid for a LOFT room which included a fireplace, Jacuzzi tub and breakfast the next morning. She said OH well that's why there was a price difference. So we went back down to the desk at which point another employee joined her and I could tell immediately something was wrong. They finally said SORRY you can only have the room tonight...because after all it's Valentine's Day tomorrow... I said YEA I know and besides that it's my 40th Wedding Anniversary! She said they were booked since January for all rooms. So I said ok then WHY did we get a confirmation that the room was available in the first place. I felt like leaving immediately but since it was getting late and there was just no other place to go we stayed. Honestly the room was BEAUTIFUL and the surroundings were so peaceful. No doubt we would have gone back again if we hadn't been treated so badly.
Other trip Feb 16, 2014
Genuine guest review
2 night romance trip Dec 24, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for HideAway Country Inn

"Perfect quaint getaway"
11/04/15 Melissa S Hilliard, Ohio, United States
My husband and I decided to spend our 15 year anniversary here and we could not have been happier with our stay. I had read some previous bad reviews and was skeptical but we were pleasantly surprised. We booked an all-inclusive package with the Africa Suite. Private massage, candles in the room and a private 5 course candlelight dinner in the library. The room looked exactly as it did in the pictures. There is much history to learn about the grounds, which we very much enjoyed. The food was spectacular. The staff was very friendly and we did not need to ask for was all taken care of for us! We will definitely return!
10/13/15 Talia W
me and my girlfriend went to hideaway for our 2 year anniversary and had the best time of our lives. we never really get out much since we both work and have kids, coming to hideaway they made our entire weekend perfect, it was peaceful, romantic, food was excellent, the African suit we stayed in was perfect just the way we imagined it would be. it was very clean also the people there were so sweet and made our stay very nice thank you hideaway this is definitely our new go to spot see you guys next summer!!!
"Mostly a disappointment."
09/25/15 laura k Cincinnati, Ohio
A last minute getaway for my husband and I. We had the Garden Room, which was quite small. A beautiful 4 poster bed practically filled the room and oddly, they put a round rod iron table and chairs, (better suited to the out of doors) at the base of the bed taking up most of the free space. My husband and I had to turn sideways to pass each other at any point in the room. The balcony outside the room was covered in tree debris when we checked in, and I had to ask for a broom. There was no rug on the floor - a bed and breakfast, not a cabin! When I inquired regarding this I was told it was being cleaned?! Surely they could rotate rugs?! There was only room for a runner, but it would have warmed the room and my feet considerably. When I made the reservation I was told how lucky I was to get the room that faced west so we could enjoy the sunset. It was not mentioned however, that it also faced a fairly busy road, State Rt 4! Cars zooming by, albeit at a distance, removed much of the ambiance of a country getaway for me. Another thing that seemed to be missing was a quaint or charming common area. There was one room that appeared to resemble a den, very dark with a broken blind. The food was average. There is an unattractive herb garden with several straggly, unkempt beds just outside the dining room window. The service for our evening meal was good, poor for breakfast. After we were served the main breakfast entree, no one came back to ask if we needed anything else, or to check on us at all, staff is minimal. Needless to say we will not be back, we are older and our expectations are a little higher. The owners moved off site several years ago, it appears their standards have dropped.
"A Lovely Property but Lacking Hospitality"
09/14/15 staarkidd Columbus, Ohio
If you are a B&B novice, you will love the HideAway Inn, but if you are B&B savvy, look elsewhere. The property is very lovely and offers many amenities but lacks the ones that would make it stand out in it's price range. Rooms: In the main house, two rooms (Smith and Garden) have private balconies with rockers and hot tubs. The Smith is much larger, brighter and more comfortable. The Garden is dated (think Thomas Kinkade knock-offs and crochet wall art) and cramped with no comfortable seating in the room. The tub is gross, leaks on the floor and needs a vice-grip to keep it from dripping. The other two rooms have in-room jacuzzi's but no balcony. (Tip: Go for the Smith!). The other suites are located in a building near the main house. They look newer and seem to have in-room jacuzzi's and comfy couches but few windows and rockers on a shared concrete slab style outdoor seating. Amenities: The B&B doubles as a restaurant and pub. The food is average and overpriced but better than local options! They cater to food restrictions but I would caution anyone at serious risk. My husband is dairy intolerant and when I asked about a pastry they served him, she said, "It might have a little butter but it's fine". He survived just as she expected, but I will put the caution out there for guests with more sensitive allergies. The bar has a good selection for it's size but no menu or price lists so have a go-to drink in mind. On nice evenings, you can drink outside on the patio or down at the fire pit where they often have a fire blazing (bug spray included). During the day, guests can play corn hole, croquet or lawn chess (watch your step - it's falling apart) or rest in the hammock. The property seems to cater well to small weddings and parties. WIFI: We could not use WIFI in the main house bedrooms but there was sometimes a signal (weak) downstairs. They said they were working on it so perhaps this will change. Water: BYO Bottled water. The water has a strong sulfur odor and taste. The inn offers bottled water but at $2.50 for 20 oz bottle. I recommend you bring your own water. If you are pregnant and have a delicate sniffer, be warned =) Hospitality: The staff were friendly but not what I would call hospitable. Each time we went to the office, it took time to be acknowledged. If I made a request it was either met with resistance, an excuse or felt like it was a favor. We never heard standard hospitality lines like "my pleasure" or "you are welcome" or "how can I help you?". For veteran guests who are accustomed to an afternoon wine and appetizer typical for a B&B in this price range, you won't find this personal touch at the HideAway Inn. While the property is large and lovely, the common areas are lacking comfortable seating for lounging, reading a book or playing a board game (bring your own). Around Town: Bucyrus is a small town with just a few gas stations, pizza shops, tattoo parlor and lone grocery store. It seems the locals like to dine at Los Arrieros - the one crowed restaurant we found on a Friday night. We enjoyed driving around town and recommend taking a stroll through Sears Wildlife Preserve which is about a 10 minute drive from the B&B. Our main negative experience: The first night, our AC unit began making a grinding sound every 8 minutes (even after I turned it off). Somehow my husband slept through it but I only managed to get 2 hours of sleep. We thought we fixed it but the following night it persisted. The room phone would not dial out and we could not reach the front desk (that part of the house was locked up). Miraculously, we found the bartender outside drinking beers after closing and she set us up in another room for the night. I still heard the grinding through the walls but managed to sleep most of the night. We were disappointed that there was no follow-up the next day or amends proposed for the inconvenience. An apology for their technical problems or a simple gesture like a complementary bottle of wine would have gone a long way. Hide Away Inn has a lot of pros but the lack of hospitality and comfort for a B&B in this price range make it unlikely that we will return or recommend.
"Shockingly overpriced, middle of nowhere."
08/23/15 Gary N Cincinnati, Ohio
The Hideaway isn't awful, the room rates are just out of touch with what the place delivers. My wife and I have a tradition of visiting a B&B for our anniversary. We've stayed at a lot of B&B's in the Ohio/Indiana/Kentucky area. Unfortunately, the hideaway prices itself amongst the best of these, but doesn't deliver. The room was ok, but for $260/night, the fit and finish was lacking. I felt like it was done by a country carpenter from looking at pictures of a luxury room. The owners seem to have chosen to turn every square inch of the Inn into revenue generating rooms. There is no quaint sitting room or big fireplace like we've enjoyed at other Inns. There was no gathering area with snacks and coffee after dinner. We aren't from the area, so we inquired about places to hike and explore. The gal behind the desk didn't seem to know anything about the 22 acres of trails on the grounds, as are advertised on their website. We explored the area, but there isn't ANYTHING around. The kitchen was closed on Sunday, so the best place we could find to dine was Bob Evans. We didn't have an awful experience like other guests. If the price were $100/night cheaper, it would be worth it. However, the Hideaway prices itself at or above places like the Inn at Cedar Falls in Hocking Hills, or the Cornerstone Inn at Nashville IN. Unfortunately, it's just not in their league.
"Weekend vacation"
07/09/15 Don W
This Inn sits in a rural site between hundreds of acres of soybeans and corn, and has a quiet creek alongside. No noise, no airports, no distractions. Excellent place to go for a week, a month, or just a weekend.
"Tranquill comfortable and great food!"
04/11/15 Jim D Grand Blanc, Michigan
We found this cozy and tranquil B & B by good luck on return drive from Florida. Owner Debbie Miller made us feel most welcome and told us all about this place's interesting history and her family's impressive farming operations. She personally prepared our delicious breakfast of vanilla yogurt, strawberries, sweet potato waffles and ham. We will certainly return and recommend this to family and friends.
"No worder they hide it away..."
04/05/15 John R New Albany, Ohio
No wonder they hide it away.....(food review only) Came for Easter brunch and it was pretty disastrous. Maybe 25 people in the restaurant and they couldn't keep buffet filled or the entrees hot. Entrees were no good. Scalloped potatoes were cold and broken, lamb was so overlooked it could have been called jerky, the over cooked spring veggies were overcooked summer squash. It was obvious to owners/manager and server we had a horrible experience and no offer was made to reconcile. Do not eat here with any expectations. I'm not a malicious person and do not write bad reviews but our family got robbed today and enough people in a position that could have made it better did not.
"Cute and relaxing. Great food!"
03/28/15 Carrie S Toledo, Ohio
We stayed in the eagles nest, the room was cute and comfortable. Living area downstairs with bath and bed upstairs. This suite was in the carriage house just across the parking lot from the main inn. We liked being in the carriage house for a bit more privacy and it was very quiet. The food at the pub/restaurant was phenomenol. The chef was very friendly and talented. I had the Drew burger and smothered house chips and they were both fantastic. Best burger I've ever had. If he can make a hamburger taste that good, can't imagine what the rest of the menu tastes like! We will go back and make sure to have dinner there again. The staff was very welcoming and friendly at every opportunity. Check in/check out were fast and friendly and servers at both meals were sweet and attentive. Comfortable, not stuffy.
"WONDERFUL, relaxing, and friendly!!!!"
03/21/15 Emilyk66
My boyfriend and I had initially booked the serenity garden due to the lower price range of the room! Upon arrival we were very please looked very well kept and very nice staff! Got up to our room and wasn't exactly what we had in mind so we went back down to the office and asked if they had any bigger rooms they were very understanding and quick to find us something else and did a discounted last minute booking. We then stayed in the hunters den(would 100% recommend) very spacious and cozy. Had fireplace, mini fridge, 2 tvs, an upstairs loft, rocking chairs on back porch, and our favorite of all a nice big 2 person hot tub!!! They recommended an excellent wine and had it waiting chilled in our room in a bucket of ice and a nice flower arrangement we asked for! We are VERY PLEASED!!! All of the staff was so kind and helpful!!!!!!! And great candle lit dinner and amazing cocktails in the pub!! I would definitely recommend this place to stay in for anyone looking for a calm getaway! Only negative thing that may bother some people is the creaky stairs for the rooms inside house! I would suggest getting ur own loft room across from house for the best stay possible the little extra money is worth it for the upgrade on room!! 5 stars hands down we plan on coming back again this year!!
Reviews and ratings contained within this site are the subjective opinions of customers and suppliers; they do not represent or reflect’s position. Neither nor the parties involved in providing review content shall be held liable for any damages of any sort resulting from use of these reviews