All hotels in Zurich, Switzerland
Zaehringerstrasse 43, Zurich, ZH, 8001, Switzerland, ‏‎800-491-6126

I liked the hotel. It is basic but comfortable. I enjoyed the breakfast and the desk personal were helpful with providing maps of the area and directions. They all spoke English. It is located near the train station (only a few minute walk) and at the edge of the shopping area. I speak no German and was able to find it easily. I would stay there again.
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Hello Patricia! We are delighted to read that you had an enjoyable time and we will gladly forward your positive comments to our staff. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope that you will have the chance to visit us on a future occasion.
2 night trip Mar 14, 2014
"Amazing Accommodation in the middle of Everything!"
The hotel is wonderfully managed with a very friendly and helpful staff. I was there for business, so the WiFi and business services were perfect. Ask for a large corner room, where there's plenty of light and workspace. While not one of the inexpensive Old Town options, it's a very good value for the price.
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Hello Micco We are delighted to read that you had an enjoyable time and that our staff was helpful and the rooms in particular were to your liking. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
9 night trip Feb 1, 2014
Micco
Very Satisfied
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Hello Joe Thank you very much for your stay at Hotel Rütli and for sharing with us your valuable feedback.We look forward to welcoming you again as our guest soon.
5 night business trip Feb 2, 2014
I only need a place to sleep, so I chose this for the location and convenience to the rail station. The hotel was nice and very clean, and comfortable front desk was extremely polite and professional. 5mins walk to the train station 15 min ride to the airport
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Dear Peter We are delighted to read that you had an enjoyable time and that you feel comfortable. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
1 night trip Jan 28, 2014
"Perfect location!"
This hotel is literally a 5-8 minute walk from Zurich's main train station. I walked by myself with both of my bags easily. This is a boutique hotel with all of the amenities needed for a great time in Zurich. The wifi was great but I was disappointed with the breakfast. If you like continental breakfasts then you'll be fine (fruit, cereal, yogurt, cheese, breads, boiled eggs etc.) Also, I didn't feel like the girls at the desk always knew the answers to my questions. While they were polite, I wanted someone with a more solid answer to my inquiries. Make sure you explore the train station. There are lots of great restaurants to choose from. When the city is closed on Sunday, hop over to the train station for some food! If you have time, take the train to other cities like Bern or Interlaken. The country is so small, it would be a shame to just stay in Zurich. Also, make sure you ride the PollyBahn which is a red funicular right around the corner from the hotel. Once it takes you to the top of the hill you will be able to see the entire city! Bring your camera! Be prepared to spend money in Zurich. It is quite expensive in Switzerland! Seriously, I ordered spaghetti and it was over $20. That is just for the plate- not even including salad or a drink. Stock up on bottled waters from their supermarket- Coop. You will pay .95 swiss francs for a large bottle of Evian, however buying it from a vendor can cost you up to $5 francs for a small one!
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Hello guest Many thanks for taking the time to give some feedback about the hotel and the location around. We are very glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay.We are doing our utmost to continually improve our service. Your feedback helps us to check standards and to adapt these if need be.It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Other trip Jan 4, 2014
"Nice and clean."
It was good one that I really enjoyed it.
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Hello YM from New York We would like to thank you for the good comments that we were able to receive.
4 night trip Dec 15, 2013
YM
"Closeby/walk to HB, restaurants, shopping."
Having visited Zurich many times, this is a great location for convenience to many desired shopping locations, restaurants, and the HB. Friendly staff, good cleanliness standards.
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Dear guests Thank you very much for your recent stay at Hotel Rutli and for sharing with us your positive and detailed review.
2 night trip Dec 14, 2013
"Great vacation"
Very nice hotel, great location and hotel staff. Thanks,
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Hello Thank you very much for your stay at Hotel Rütli and for sharing with us your valuable feedback. Best wishes
Other trip Oct 8, 2013
Location, Location.....location
Other trip Sep 9, 2013
"Great hotel with excellent location"
I would highly recommend this hotel. Great location, free breakfast & free wifi. Located near restaurants, shopping and the train. Absolutely 100% satisfied!
Other trip Sep 9, 2013
Leslie
"High quality without breaking the bank"
Great quality hotel that is not expensive as compared to the level of living expenses in Zurich. The hotel is a few blocks away from the main train station, which is a big plus. The front desk staff is friendly and helpful. The free breakfast has a good variety of food choices. A drawback of the hotel is the relatively small room as compared to those in the US, but in Europe it is not that uncommon. The bed, though, is bit stiff and the pillow is a bit too soft. There is only one computer without hooking up to any printer in the lobby as the "business" sector of the hotel. Overall high quality. I would definitely stay here again next time.
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Many thanks for taking the time to give some feedback.
1 night trip Aug 11, 2013
Cynthia S
"Excellent location, nice hotel"
The hotel is walking distance from the train station and in the old town of Zurich, you can go anywhere in the Old Town and river walking location could not be better. The rooms were very comfortable and extremely clean, the front desk was very helpful and the breakfast was limited but very good. On my next trip to Zurich I will stay in the same hotel, very satisfy.
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Hello Gabe! Thank you very much for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you were satisfied with us. The breakfast is now better. You can check it by your next visit and let us know.
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
Gabe
"In Old Town"
Perfect location a short walk from train station and in the beginning of old town.
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Hello RB We are very glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay. Hopefully we can welcoming you soon back.
2 night trip Jul 11, 2013
rb
"Nice hotel in a great spot"
I normally stay up by the Opera when I come to Zurich, but ended up at the Hotel Rütli this trip and thought the hotel and location were both terrific. Everything was super modern and clean, and the room was plenty spacious. I'd also add that the breakfast is very well done.
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Hello Terry Thank you very much for having chosen Hotel Rütli for your recent visit in Zurich. And we highly appreciate you sharing your most value comments with us.
3 night business trip Jun 25, 2013
Terry
"Nice Hotel with Great Rooms"
Spent three days at this hotel, during a business stay and for the price, was without question the nicest room I stayed in during my 2 week tour of Europe. The room was modern, spacious and updated with more than ample room. The rest of the hotel was clean and updated and served a fine breakfast.
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Hello We are glad to hear that you were satisfied with you stay in our hotel and that you enjoy your room.
Other trip Jun 24, 2013
"pleasant overnight stay"
The hotel is newly renovated with all the conveniences, and an excellent breakfast. The staff were polite and helpful. I had a problem with getting the air conditioner to function as it was humid and warm in the room. It was not possible to leave the window open because of the street noise. A set of simple instructions for the a/c or heater would be helpful. Rooms facing away from the street would be more desirable.
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Dear M We are very glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay in our hotel. The hotel has 12 new styled nice rooms which we have renovated just this year. Visit us again and have a look on the new rooms. We are looking forward to see you. Best wishes Hotel Rütli
1 night trip Apr 17, 2013
"Great Location, Great Value"
This is a great little hotel in an excellent location. Close to train station and all of historic Zurich. Free breakfast is good. Be careful with on-street parking, if you can find it. The hotel staff told me I could exceed 2 hrs as long as I kept putting money in...but I got a ticket for doing so.
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Dear HC Thank you very much for your stay at Hotel Rütli and for sharing with us your valuable feedback. You are right. We have made a mistake and we apologize for the inconvenience that you got a ticket for the parking. We are looking forward to see you again. Best wishes Hotel Rütli
1 night business trip Apr 12, 2013
HC
"good for on the run"
Hotel is at a convenient location, the room I had was small, however was very clean. It's an OK stay when all I need was a good shower, a bed and a decent breakfast.
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Hello Thank you for your feedback. The hotel has 12 new styled nice rooms. Visit us again! We are looking forward to see you. And we hope that you will have more than an OK stay. Best wishes Sorell Hotel Rütli
Other trip Mar 8, 2013
A5
Great hotel. Great location to stay in Zurich. Would definitely stay again.
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Dear Guest Thank you for your feedback. we're looking forward to welcoming you again. Best regards from Zürich Hotel Rütli
1 night trip Mar 2, 2013
"Good value hotel in heart of Old Town Zurich"
Very good location in the old town, a short walk from the main train station. The hotel is situated near lots of restaurants, shops and bars. The room was modern and comfortable. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you're looking for a clean, modern place to stay in Zurich.
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Hello Thank you for your feedback. The hotel has 12 new styled nice rooms. Visit us again! We are looking forward to see you. And thank you for recommend us! Best wishes Sorell Hotel Rütli
Other trip Mar 4, 2013
Stella
"Good deal for the price and location."
The hotel was conveniently located close to the train station, shopping and restaurants. Breakfast was good, but fairly standard for European hotels: cold cuts, cheese, muesli, fruit, yogurt, juice. The staff serve coffee and tea to each table. The only problem with this is that I go through it quicker than they could keep up. They were however, more than happy to bring me more. The only problem I experienced while staying at Reutli was having to listen to a woman talk til 11:30 PM one night as the walls seem very thin and not at all soundproof. For the price. The Reutli was a good find and I'd stay there again.
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Hello Thank you for your feedback. The hotel has 12 new styled nice rooms. Visit us again! We are looking forward to see you. Best wishes Sorell Hotel Rütli
Other trip Mar 3, 2013
"ok hotel, nice location"
Nice location, but the staff is not that friendly
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Dear Guest Thank you for your feedback. We're looking forward to welcoming you again. Best regards from Zürich Hotel Rütli
1 night romance trip Feb 24, 2013
"Location"
The bed was kind of hard and the shower was rather small but for the price and location, it was a great hotel. Conveniently located about two hundred yards from the main train station (HB), you can access much of what Zurich and the surrounding area has to offer.
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Dear Dale Thank you very much for your nice comments. We wish you all the best and looking forward to welcoming you again. Best regards from Zürich Hotel Rütli
1 night trip Feb 6, 2013
Dale
"Great value, great location"
How convenient. 10 minute walk to train station, near the old city and artisanal shopping. Very good restaurants with a lot of choice just minutes away walking. The hotel is very clean and comfortable and the staff was very helpful. The continental breakfast offered had plenty of choice by Euro standards. Will stay here again when in Zurich.
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Dear Scott Thank you very much for your kind comments. We're looking forward to welcome you again! Our best regads and wishes
3 night romance trip Jan 25, 2013
"Super Convenient Location with Arte Moderne Decor"
The Hotel Ruetli is part of a European hotel chain, and is very much a European type hotel in that the room is somewhat small and a bit spartan, but entirely comfy and super clean. Additionally, this hotel's "signature" is that it is decorated with "street art," for example, my room had a huge, colorful grafitto on one wall akin to to what you might see on the side of an IRT subway car or the wall of an underpass. And each room is different and has free postcards featuring the art in that particular room. Tres avant-guarde. But the location is very near the main train station (which has innumerable trains to the airport) and it's only a brief walk to many sites such as the shopping on Banhofstrasse and the main art museum (Kunshaus). It serves a plain but adequate continental breakfast to guests, and no other meals, but there are many eateries very close to the hotel; I found the Starbucks a few doors down to be helpful as it was very cold when I was there and it also has much more hearty fare than in the States. (The hotel rooms have their own thermostats and plenty of heat!).
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Dear George Thank you so much for your nice comments. We hope to welcoming you again in our hotel. With our best regards
1 night trip Jan 18, 2013
George from Georgia
"A clean, comfortable hotel with basic amenities"
An easy walk from the train station and shopping areas. The only drawback for us was the breakfast buffet, which had minimal offerings compared to most European hotels. The expresso machine in the room was a plus. Those who need a sweet bun to get underway in the morning can purchase one at the nearby Coop grocery or Starbucks, and then enjoy i with expresso before heading for the buffet.
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Dear Guets Many thanks for your comments. It would be a pleasure to welcome you again in our Hotel. Best regards
7 night family trip Dec 19, 2012
"Close to Night Life"
This hotel has a very good location. It is close to the train station and the main shopping area. It also borders on the area where the nightlife takes place and it is fairly close to the fabulous Kunsthaus Museum of Art. Room are small and oddly shaped -- the ceiling is very low in some parts of the room and I kept hitting my head. The breakfast (included in the room charge) was very mediocre compared to other hotels in Switzerland. And it wasn't cheap.
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Hello Thank you for your feedback. The hotel has 12 new styled nice rooms. Visit us again! We are looking forward to see you. Greetings Sorell Hotel Rütli
2 night family trip Nov 9, 2012
"Comfortable, great location. Average service"
Pros: -Rutli has an amazing location, close to the river, all shorts of activity and of course the main train station Zurich HB. -breakfast buffet was great, fresh food and a lot of variety. Also, food was served with a smile and friendliness, esp by Cindy (I hope i got her name right) -bed and room was quite comfortable -free wifi in the lobby was easily accessible Cons: -Front desk service was not very warm or friendly. -housekeeping did not clean the beds sufficiently through our stay -bathroom door is strangely translucent, finefor the wife and I but perhaps not recommended if you're staying with a friend or so. Overall the convenience and comfort made our stay quite nice indeed. This hotel is recommended, especially if you're going to be on the go during your trip.
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Dear Guest Thank you very much for your feedback. We are looking forwrad to welcoming you again in our hotel. All the best wished Hotel Rütli Team
Other trip Nov 16, 2012
"Perfect location!!!!"
You will not get a better location. Easy 5 min from train station. When you leave the station you go over the bridge and cross one street then go to the over side of the street (to the right) then when you cross go left and the next street is the one you want and is like the fifth door on the right. Very clean and when you leave the hotel take a right on the next street and that is where you will find all the restaurants.
2 night family trip Nov 2, 2012
"Great Hotel for touring Old Town & rail trips"
Very modern and up to date, clean and very conveniently located in the Old Town. Would stay again and have already recommended to others.
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Dear Guest Thank you very much for your feedback. We are looking forward to welcoming you again in our hotel. With our best wishes Hotel Rütli Team
Other trip Oct 8, 2012
Joe K

"One of the hidden gems in Zurich"
Sorell hotel rutli is definitely one of the best hotel we have stayed in Switzerland. The room decor, bed and amenities have well furbished and we have nothing but praise for high quality and standards. This hotel is near the main zurich train station and supermarket as well. We will definitely come back again and recommend this hotel to fellow travellers.
2 night romance trip Aug 19, 2015
SG
"comfortable hotel"
Hotel location is good. It takes within 5 minutes walk to Zurich Station and is convenient to visit nearby viewing points . Breakfast is also good and we have plenty of choices in comparison with other 3-stars hotels. We are pleased to be upgraded with a double room with a jacuzzi during our 3-night stay in this hotel. I surely recommend other tourist to stay at this hotel when you visit Zurich.
3 night romance trip Aug 8, 2015
WAI KEUNG
"Third class"
Very basic hotel. Only room don't expect any other things . No room service.during my stay A/c was not working ,we open window but too much noise coming nobody arrange even fan.and moreover no sorry at all. I heard A/c was not working from last 7-10 days . Bathroom with glass wall can see from outside Atleast with family not acceptable .overall this can be ok for bachelor stay, even them also I suggest better take hostel there u can save more money .it must be not more then 1 star .
2 night family trip Aug 4, 2015
Sanjeev
I had booked three Superior Rooms for a night. Reached hotel at around 9 pm only to find that the air conditioning was not working. Also, only one room #215 was indeed Superior but the other two #214 & #114 seemed a compromise. It was a warm evening in Zurich & we were assured the air conditioning would be fixed soon. Stepped out for dinner & returned at around 11 pm to be informed that the air conditioning had broken down & the lone elderly gentleman at the reception had no answers nor a comforting attitude. All he could say was that "I am sorry but i don't care". Tried sleeping with the windows open & to all the noise from the street below. For all the discomfort & after much expression of our discomfort we were given a free ride to the airport the next day.... Never again
1 night romance trip Aug 3, 2015
PRANAV
IN
Location was great close to trains and old town restaurants and attractions. We wernt told the airconditioning was not working for our entire stay we had to find this ourselves once we had our luggage in our rooms. There was no complimentary water offered as compensation .
2 night trip with friends Jul 31, 2015
dolores
"Pleasant Hotel"
The hotel was clean & well located to the old town & central station. No air conditioning meant it was quite stuffy and when opening the windows to cool down traffic noise was bad. Hotel accommodated us by changing our room to one on the opposite side of the building which was quieter. Overall a pleasant stay.
2 night romance trip Jul 31, 2015
"A Gem in Zurich"
The hotel was excellent for our purposes (holidays)in terms of location and facilities. Staff friendly and co-operative. We were in Zurich in the midst of a heat wave - over 30oC each day and the 'air conditioning' was certainly not up to the task - but I guess it only occurs a few days of the year.
2 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
"Generally good"
Unfortunately aircon in room did not work properly and as it was 37 celcius this made our stay a little uncomfortable on the last night. Otherwise hotel was great, good breakfast, good service.
2 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
"Visit to Zurich"
Great location, all good
4 night business trip Jun 28, 2015
"Would happily stay there again."
Good location, easy access to food and other attractions, easy access to train station. Staff freindly and good breakfast included and had a proper double bed not 2 singles pushed together (not sure if that is standard across all rooms).
3 night romance trip May 27, 2015
Philip
"Lovely hotel"
Nice hotel but room was very hot and it was too noisy to keep the windows open at night. Could also hear the reception and breakfast noise from room in the morning. (room 101)
1 night trip with friends May 30, 2015
"Great location!"
Location is excellent! Room was a bit small but amenities were complete. My husband and I would stay there again if we find ourselves back in Zurich.
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Dear Julie Thank you for share your feedback with us. We are looking forward to welcoming you and your husband again! With all our best wishes and regards Martina Kindschi and Hotel Rütli Team
2 night romance trip May 25, 2015
PH
"Very convenient location"
Basic but comfortable room and helpful staff. Close to the old city Zurich and central train station, which is two stops away from the airport.
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Dear Guest We hope you had a safe trip back home. Thank you for taking your time to leave us your feedback. We are glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay. We hope to welcoming you again and send you all the best regards from Zurich Martina Kindschi and Hotel Rütli Team
Other trip May 28, 2015
"Getaway to Zurich"
This hotel was chosen for it's proximity to the railway station, which was excellent. Also the park, where the tour buses left from, was just behind the railway which was also very convenient. It also turned out to be one street away from the main restaurant/bar street so very close for drinks and meals. Our breakfast was included and both the food and staff, in the Hotel, were wonderful. The reception staff could not do enough for you, including the guy on check out who offered us coffee, croissants anything we wanted even though breakfast didn't start for another half hour. Would thoroughly recommend Hotel Sorell Rutli.
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Dear Graeme Many thanks for leaving this very nice feedback. It's a pleasure for us to hear that you had a great stay in our city and also that you appreciated all our service, facilities and location, Thank you for share this with us. We hope you had a good trip back home and we are looking forward to welcoming you another time in our hotel. With all our best regards Martina Kindschi and the Hotel Rütli staff
4 night romance trip May 11, 2015
Graeme
"All around great hotel!!"
Lots to write home about with this hotel - 6-8 min walk from train station, right at the start of beautiful old town, restaurants and bars everywhere, trams (bus) interchange right by hotel yet super quiet hotel. Everything is within reach - even a grocery store steps away. Inside is modern and clean - super comfortable - was upgraded randomly to a jacuzzi room which proved useful after all the walking. Breakfast is good - no real hot foods but basic continental - fresh. Staff great and good with helping to get you where you are going. Zurich is rediculously expensive (like a regular burger for 30 euro!!) and this at around $200 was a steal there!
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Dear Guest We hope you had a safe trip back home to Canada. Thank you for sharing your impressions and feedback with us. We are very pleased to hear you had an enjoyable stay in Zurich (despite the prices) and in our hotel. It' s very significant for us to hear our guests feedback so thank you for taking your time. We hope to welcoming you again on your next Zurich trip With all our best regards Martina Kindschi and the hotel Rütli Team
Other trip May 17, 2015
"Very convenient location"
Lovely little hotel well within walking distance of the railway station and restaurants. Very friendly staff and a very large room and bathroom. Breakfast is included in the room rate and although there is not a huge choice it is adequate. (Cereals, yoghurt, muesli, cheese, cold meats, boiled eggs and croissants, jam and marmalade) The room rate includes free wifi and there is a nice little bar area for pre-dinner drinks. We would definately stay there again.
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Dear Guest! Thank you so much for your nicley comments and rating. We are very glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and were happy with our service and facilities. We are looking forward to welcoming you again on your next Switzerland trip! All our best regards from Zurich Martina Kindschi and the Hotel Rütli
Other trip May 8, 2015
Oz2
"Perfect Location"
It was a hassle free and a pleasant stay; walking distance to Zurich HB station and very much accessible to main attractions of Zurich City
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Dear Guests Many thanks for taking your time to write us this feedback. We are very glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay. We are looking forward to welcoming you again. With my best regards Martina Kindschi and Hotel Rütli Team
3 night business trip Apr 22, 2015
Prashant
IN
"Spacious and Clean!"
Hotel is very close to the train station and within walking distance there are many restaurants and eateries. There is also a supermarket nearby. Room wise it's spacious and clean. Bed was plush and comfortable. Hotel staff was polite and friendly and was pro-active to give us hot water upon request for an electric flask. Breakfast was simple but decent. Highly recommended.
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Dear Guests We hope you had a safe trip back home. Many thanks for taking your time to leave us this nice feedback. Thank you for recommending our hotel and service. It makes us happy to hear that we could offer you an enjoyable stay. We hope to welocming you again on your next Switerland trip and send you all the best wishes and regards Martina Kindschi and Hotel Rütli Team
1 night romance trip Apr 11, 2015
Hong Hong
SG
"Would not return."
I would not return to this hotel. While it is well located and very walkable, I would opt next time to spend more money. The interiors and rooms were very noisy, and all activities in the hall or outside the building could be heard indoors. The maid service was not very thorough and the toiletries were sparse.
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Dear Andrew Thank you for taking your precious time to write us your feedback. We are very sorry that you weren't satisfied with your stay in our hotel. We would like to thank you for telling us. Since we are doing our utmost to improve and adapt standarts your feedback is so helpful to us. It would bi nice uf we could prove ourselves during your next visit and show that we can do better than the last time. With all our best regrads Martina Kindschi and Hotel Rütli team
2 night trip Apr 21, 2015
"Central hotel - good for solo stay"
Very good value for money for solo trip compared to similar room/hotels. Central location. Book in advance for best rate.
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Dear Hitesh We hope you had good and safe trip back home!? Thank you for taking you time to give us this nice feedback, which is very important to us. We are glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and were satisfied with our facilities and location. We hope to welcoming you again on your next Zurich trip and send you all the best regards Martina Kindschi and Hotel Rütli Team
2 night trip Apr 17, 2015