All hotels in Zurich, Switzerland
Zaehringerstrasse 43, Zurich, ZH, 8001, Switzerland, ‏‎800-491-6126

Awesome vibe
    Regular internet service
    Room is all right
"Nice hotel close to the station"
I was not sure how this hotel was with 3 stars, but everything was good, and breakfast was very nice(I saw someone complained on the review) There is nothing hot served, but good variety. Location is very convenient, and the room is clean. They did not have a bath tub in our triple room, but we did not need it. I will stay there when I come back to Zurich.
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Dear Guest Thank you for your time that you took to write us this nice feedback. We are glad to hear that you had a nice stay and we' re looking forward to re -welcome you! We wish you a happy new year and send you all the best regards Martina Kindschi and the Hotel Rütli Team
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
TEMK
"so close to everything..."
located close to the train station, the university, the river, and a central transportation hub, this hotel is really well placed. in addition, despite its proximity to all this, it is very quiet. the rooms were clean and comfortable with modern furniture and decor... simple but nice. [only thing worried me was the glass shower doors which when opened always hit the side of the sink... (how they didn't shatter is beyond me...)]. the staff was extra nice on check in. would definitely stay here again.
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Dear Luis Thank you so much for your kind feedback. It's a pleasure to hear that you had a good stay in Zürich and our hotel. We hope to re -welcome you on your next Switzerland trip. Until then we send you the best wishes and regards from cloudy Zürich Martina Kindschi and Hotel Rütli Team
Luis
"Nice location!"
Very nice location, minutes walk from the main train stations (Banhoff). Breakfast was good and the Espresso machine in the room was great. Room and bed was small but efficient. Bathroom was clean. I was out most of the time and just needed a place to sleep so this was perfect. I enjoyed my stay and will definitely come back.
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Dear Agyepong We would like to thank you for the good comments that we were able to receive. We are very glad to hear that you were satisfied with our hotel and it would be a pleasure to welcoming you again. All the best from Zurich Ramona Brand and the whole Rütli Team
Other trip Nov 4, 2014
Agyepong
"Great hotel in the middle of Zurich"
Fantastic location near the river. Very comfortable rooms with a good breakfast buffet.
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Dear Guest Thank you so much for your kind feedback. It's great to hear that you had a nice stay in our hotel and in Zürich. We hope to welcoming you again in our hotel, on your next Zürich trip. Until then we wish you a good time and send you sunny greets from Zürich Martina Kindschi and Hotel Rütli Team
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
Self + wife. Ex reception service, suggestions & directions for Zurich. Great location for access to ststion & city spots.
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
"Sorell Hotel in Zurich"
Friendly Staff, good location, and clean rooms. Recommended to all travelers.
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Dear Guest Thank you for taking your time to give us some feedback. We' re glad to hear that you were happy with our service. We hope to welcoming you again and send you all the best wishes and greats from Zürich Hotel Rütli Team
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
Onitz
"Single tourist in Zurich"
I had one day to tour Zurich before heading to the airport. It's a lively city with many worthwhile sights especially churches.
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Dear Guest Thank you very much for taking to to give us a feedback. We' re glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay in Zürich. We hope to welcome you another day in our hotel. With all the best regards Hotel Rütli Team
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
Louise
"Good hotel - great location"
The hotel is well situated on a side street in a very central location. nice room, spacious, (ours on the second floor was facing the windows of a nearby building but it was ok) breakfast is good and fresh - great service and good coffee. Some noise at night from the people on the street but this is city center! friendly and efficient reception staff -always attentive and helpful. Great restaurants and shopping around hotel - some working girls on the street at night - but this is a part of the scene. Enjoy your stay!
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Dear Guest Many thanks for taking your time to give us some feedback. We 're glad to hear that you had a good stay in Zürich and that you were happy with our service. We're looking forward to welcoming you again in our hotel and wish you all the best. With our best regards Hotel Rütli Team
2 night romance trip Sep 12, 2014
AGC
"Good value for the money"
Excellent location just by the heart of the city and walking distance to train station. Small but clean and renewed room.
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Dear Alex Thank you for taking your time and give us a feedback. We' re glad to hear that you had a good stay in our hotel and that you were satisfied with our service. With our best regards from Zürich Hotel Rütli Team
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
Alex
"Excellent location"
Convenient to restaurants, train station, and sights. Very clean room with comfortable beds and all the amenities you would need. Took me a while to figure out that you need to put the room card in a special slot in the room to turn on the electricity in the room, but that's probably some sort of "green" effort. Wasn't a problem. Would stay here again happily.
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Dear RP Thank you very much for your stay at Hotel Rütli and for sharing with us your valuable feedback. We look forward to welcoming you again as our guest soon. Yours sincerely Sorell Hotel Rütli
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
RP
"Close to train station"
Needed a hotel close to train station, our room was ready when we arrived, walkable to old town and restaurants, Large very clean room, the area can be a bit loud at night, but had sound proof windows and air conditioning, a must for the summer. breakfast buffet was simple and nice. Staff was helpfull.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
"Great location for walking and sightseeing"
Very nice, modern hotel; delicious, ample breakfast.Very helpful staff at the desk. We were there to visit the churches, and take a sightseeing boat ride. Since the hotel is around the corner from the train station, we saw some ladies of the evening out at 9pm, when we walked back to the hotel. Didn't bother us at all; would definitely stay there again.
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Dear B.C.E We are delighted to read that you felt inspired during your time with us and we will gladly forward your positive comments. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope that you will have the chance to visit us on a future occasion. Best wishes Sorell Hotel Rütli
2 night trip Jun 28, 2014
B.C.E.
"Convenient location"
Very convenient to train station, restaurants, shopping. Rooms were spacious, staff was helpful.
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Hello Ginny! Thank you very much for your recent stay at Hotel Rutli and for sharing with us your positive and detailed review. Many thanks for the feedback over our staff.
2 night trip Jun 13, 2014
"great inexpensive hotel for work trip"
it was nice hotel, and staff were very nice as well except for one male staff who was at the front at night. he was very obnoxious and made me nervous whenever i need to come back to the hotel late at night, and there was nobody around... he was basically joking in to me, but it felt so inappropriate, especially when i was just by myself walking through in front of the front desk at night.
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Dear guest We would like to thank you for the good comments that we were able to receive. Because of the male staff at night we will check.
3 night business trip May 22, 2014
***
"Comfortable family stay, close to all!"
Very capable and helpful front desk, great location for touring sites. Rooms pretty basic but fine.
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Hello! We would like to thank you for the good comments that we were able to receive.We look forward to welcoming you again as our guest soon. Best wishes
2 night family trip Apr 11, 2014
"Good Value and Good Location"
Excellent. Great value, comfortable and clean room, excellent breakfast, and central location.
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Dear Guest Thank you very much for your recent stay at Hotel Rutli and for sharing with us your positive and detailed review. Hope to welcome back you soon.
2 night romance trip Apr 11, 2014
"private stay 1 person"
fully meets expectation of a single traveller for a short stay over a week-end. the room was small and clean. fast wi-fi connection in the room. breakfast was just OK. there were a couple of noisy beer-bars close by but not disturbing too much. if you are travelling by traing the location is nearli ideal.
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Hello! We highly appreciate you sharing your most value comments with us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back again and wish you all the best.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
kostya
"Amazing hotel"
Thank you Sorell Hotel staff. You have made my trip memorable. The room was surprisingly spacious, and reasonably priced, the location is Central and close to Zurich HB. I would definitely stay there again.
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Hello Anna! We are delighted to read that you had an enjoyable time and your comments are so nice. Thank you! We are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon and wish you all the best.
4 night trip with friends Mar 21, 2014
Anna
I liked the hotel. It is basic but comfortable. I enjoyed the breakfast and the desk personal were helpful with providing maps of the area and directions. They all spoke English. It is located near the train station (only a few minute walk) and at the edge of the shopping area. I speak no German and was able to find it easily. I would stay there again.
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Hello Patricia! We are delighted to read that you had an enjoyable time and we will gladly forward your positive comments to our staff. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope that you will have the chance to visit us on a future occasion.
2 night trip Mar 14, 2014
"Amazing Accommodation in the middle of Everything!"
The hotel is wonderfully managed with a very friendly and helpful staff. I was there for business, so the WiFi and business services were perfect. Ask for a large corner room, where there's plenty of light and workspace. While not one of the inexpensive Old Town options, it's a very good value for the price.
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Hello Micco We are delighted to read that you had an enjoyable time and that our staff was helpful and the rooms in particular were to your liking. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
9 night trip Feb 1, 2014
Micco
Very Satisfied
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Hello Joe Thank you very much for your stay at Hotel Rütli and for sharing with us your valuable feedback.We look forward to welcoming you again as our guest soon.
5 night business trip Feb 2, 2014
I only need a place to sleep, so I chose this for the location and convenience to the rail station. The hotel was nice and very clean, and comfortable front desk was extremely polite and professional. 5mins walk to the train station 15 min ride to the airport
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Dear Peter We are delighted to read that you had an enjoyable time and that you feel comfortable. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
1 night trip Jan 28, 2014
"Perfect location!"
This hotel is literally a 5-8 minute walk from Zurich's main train station. I walked by myself with both of my bags easily. This is a boutique hotel with all of the amenities needed for a great time in Zurich. The wifi was great but I was disappointed with the breakfast. If you like continental breakfasts then you'll be fine (fruit, cereal, yogurt, cheese, breads, boiled eggs etc.) Also, I didn't feel like the girls at the desk always knew the answers to my questions. While they were polite, I wanted someone with a more solid answer to my inquiries. Make sure you explore the train station. There are lots of great restaurants to choose from. When the city is closed on Sunday, hop over to the train station for some food! If you have time, take the train to other cities like Bern or Interlaken. The country is so small, it would be a shame to just stay in Zurich. Also, make sure you ride the PollyBahn which is a red funicular right around the corner from the hotel. Once it takes you to the top of the hill you will be able to see the entire city! Bring your camera! Be prepared to spend money in Zurich. It is quite expensive in Switzerland! Seriously, I ordered spaghetti and it was over $20. That is just for the plate- not even including salad or a drink. Stock up on bottled waters from their supermarket- Coop. You will pay .95 swiss francs for a large bottle of Evian, however buying it from a vendor can cost you up to $5 francs for a small one!
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Hello guest Many thanks for taking the time to give some feedback about the hotel and the location around. We are very glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay.We are doing our utmost to continually improve our service. Your feedback helps us to check standards and to adapt these if need be.It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Other trip Jan 4, 2014
"Nice and clean."
It was good one that I really enjoyed it.
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Hello YM from New York We would like to thank you for the good comments that we were able to receive.
4 night trip Dec 15, 2013
YM
"Closeby/walk to HB, restaurants, shopping."
Having visited Zurich many times, this is a great location for convenience to many desired shopping locations, restaurants, and the HB. Friendly staff, good cleanliness standards.
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Dear guests Thank you very much for your recent stay at Hotel Rutli and for sharing with us your positive and detailed review.
2 night trip Dec 14, 2013
"Great vacation"
Very nice hotel, great location and hotel staff. Thanks,
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Hello Thank you very much for your stay at Hotel Rütli and for sharing with us your valuable feedback. Best wishes
Other trip Oct 8, 2013
Location, Location.....location
Other trip Sep 9, 2013
"Great hotel with excellent location"
I would highly recommend this hotel. Great location, free breakfast & free wifi. Located near restaurants, shopping and the train. Absolutely 100% satisfied!
Other trip Sep 9, 2013
Leslie
"High quality without breaking the bank"
Great quality hotel that is not expensive as compared to the level of living expenses in Zurich. The hotel is a few blocks away from the main train station, which is a big plus. The front desk staff is friendly and helpful. The free breakfast has a good variety of food choices. A drawback of the hotel is the relatively small room as compared to those in the US, but in Europe it is not that uncommon. The bed, though, is bit stiff and the pillow is a bit too soft. There is only one computer without hooking up to any printer in the lobby as the "business" sector of the hotel. Overall high quality. I would definitely stay here again next time.
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Many thanks for taking the time to give some feedback.
1 night trip Aug 11, 2013
Cynthia S
"Excellent location, nice hotel"
The hotel is walking distance from the train station and in the old town of Zurich, you can go anywhere in the Old Town and river walking location could not be better. The rooms were very comfortable and extremely clean, the front desk was very helpful and the breakfast was limited but very good. On my next trip to Zurich I will stay in the same hotel, very satisfy.
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Hello Gabe! Thank you very much for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you were satisfied with us. The breakfast is now better. You can check it by your next visit and let us know.
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
Gabe
"In Old Town"
Perfect location a short walk from train station and in the beginning of old town.
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Hello RB We are very glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay. Hopefully we can welcoming you soon back.
2 night trip Jul 11, 2013
rb
"Nice hotel in a great spot"
I normally stay up by the Opera when I come to Zurich, but ended up at the Hotel Rütli this trip and thought the hotel and location were both terrific. Everything was super modern and clean, and the room was plenty spacious. I'd also add that the breakfast is very well done.
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Hello Terry Thank you very much for having chosen Hotel Rütli for your recent visit in Zurich. And we highly appreciate you sharing your most value comments with us.
3 night business trip Jun 25, 2013
Terry
"Nice Hotel with Great Rooms"
Spent three days at this hotel, during a business stay and for the price, was without question the nicest room I stayed in during my 2 week tour of Europe. The room was modern, spacious and updated with more than ample room. The rest of the hotel was clean and updated and served a fine breakfast.
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Hello We are glad to hear that you were satisfied with you stay in our hotel and that you enjoy your room.
Other trip Jun 24, 2013
"pleasant overnight stay"
The hotel is newly renovated with all the conveniences, and an excellent breakfast. The staff were polite and helpful. I had a problem with getting the air conditioner to function as it was humid and warm in the room. It was not possible to leave the window open because of the street noise. A set of simple instructions for the a/c or heater would be helpful. Rooms facing away from the street would be more desirable.
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Dear M We are very glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay in our hotel. The hotel has 12 new styled nice rooms which we have renovated just this year. Visit us again and have a look on the new rooms. We are looking forward to see you. Best wishes Hotel Rütli
1 night trip Apr 17, 2013
"Great Location, Great Value"
This is a great little hotel in an excellent location. Close to train station and all of historic Zurich. Free breakfast is good. Be careful with on-street parking, if you can find it. The hotel staff told me I could exceed 2 hrs as long as I kept putting money in...but I got a ticket for doing so.
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Dear HC Thank you very much for your stay at Hotel Rütli and for sharing with us your valuable feedback. You are right. We have made a mistake and we apologize for the inconvenience that you got a ticket for the parking. We are looking forward to see you again. Best wishes Hotel Rütli
1 night business trip Apr 12, 2013
HC
"good for on the run"
Hotel is at a convenient location, the room I had was small, however was very clean. It's an OK stay when all I need was a good shower, a bed and a decent breakfast.
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Hello Thank you for your feedback. The hotel has 12 new styled nice rooms. Visit us again! We are looking forward to see you. And we hope that you will have more than an OK stay. Best wishes Sorell Hotel Rütli
Other trip Mar 8, 2013
A5
Great hotel. Great location to stay in Zurich. Would definitely stay again.
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Dear Guest Thank you for your feedback. we're looking forward to welcoming you again. Best regards from Zürich Hotel Rütli
1 night trip Mar 2, 2013
"Good value hotel in heart of Old Town Zurich"
Very good location in the old town, a short walk from the main train station. The hotel is situated near lots of restaurants, shops and bars. The room was modern and comfortable. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you're looking for a clean, modern place to stay in Zurich.
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Hello Thank you for your feedback. The hotel has 12 new styled nice rooms. Visit us again! We are looking forward to see you. And thank you for recommend us! Best wishes Sorell Hotel Rütli
Other trip Mar 4, 2013
Stella
"Good deal for the price and location."
The hotel was conveniently located close to the train station, shopping and restaurants. Breakfast was good, but fairly standard for European hotels: cold cuts, cheese, muesli, fruit, yogurt, juice. The staff serve coffee and tea to each table. The only problem with this is that I go through it quicker than they could keep up. They were however, more than happy to bring me more. The only problem I experienced while staying at Reutli was having to listen to a woman talk til 11:30 PM one night as the walls seem very thin and not at all soundproof. For the price. The Reutli was a good find and I'd stay there again.
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Hello Thank you for your feedback. The hotel has 12 new styled nice rooms. Visit us again! We are looking forward to see you. Best wishes Sorell Hotel Rütli
Other trip Mar 3, 2013
"ok hotel, nice location"
Nice location, but the staff is not that friendly
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Dear Guest Thank you for your feedback. We're looking forward to welcoming you again. Best regards from Zürich Hotel Rütli
1 night romance trip Feb 24, 2013
"Location"
The bed was kind of hard and the shower was rather small but for the price and location, it was a great hotel. Conveniently located about two hundred yards from the main train station (HB), you can access much of what Zurich and the surrounding area has to offer.
Response by Sorell Hotel Rütli
Dear Dale Thank you very much for your nice comments. We wish you all the best and looking forward to welcoming you again. Best regards from Zürich Hotel Rütli
1 night trip Feb 6, 2013
Dale

Close to public transport, restaurants close by, friendly staff
3 night romance trip Dec 5, 2015
"Central hotel"
Good, central hotel, with friendly staff
1 night trip Oct 28, 2015
"Pleasant stay"
Nice, friendly staff at the reception. I was given the room even though I had reached quite early at 8:30 AM. Had to wait for a short time sipping hot coffee with access to free wifi.
1 night business trip Sep 30, 2015
Lakshminarayanan
IN
"Great Location, Nice Room"
Loved it - great location, clean, well-appointed and very spacious room and complimentary breakfast. Walking distance to shops and great restaurants. Would definitely consider for any return trips to Zurich and would recommend to friends and family.
1 night romance trip Sep 14, 2015
Dominik
"Close to Train station"
An overnight stay, very positive experience. Hotel was clean, modern & offered a very satisfactory breakfast in the morning before check-out.
Other trip Sep 23, 2015
"Very spacious rooms, close to train station"
We were impressed with the size of the room - it was huge! We booked a standard double room, king bed. Had air conditioning. Breakfast was fair. Comfortable except that the pillows were really flat and soft.
Other trip Sep 2, 2015
Alice
"Relaxing stay"
I have spent two nights in the hotel after quitting from a scheduled tour in Aug. The hotel is comfortable with acceptable cleanliness. Since I was on 1/F, the drawback was a bit noisy in the morning. Quality of breakfast was quite good and sufficient. I am satisfied with my stay in this hotel.
2 night trip Aug 24, 2015
"One of the hidden gems in Zurich"
Sorell hotel rutli is definitely one of the best hotel we have stayed in Switzerland. The room decor, bed and amenities have well furbished and we have nothing but praise for high quality and standards. This hotel is near the main zurich train station and supermarket as well. We will definitely come back again and recommend this hotel to fellow travellers.
2 night romance trip Aug 19, 2015
SG
"comfortable hotel"
Hotel location is good. It takes within 5 minutes walk to Zurich Station and is convenient to visit nearby viewing points . Breakfast is also good and we have plenty of choices in comparison with other 3-stars hotels. We are pleased to be upgraded with a double room with a jacuzzi during our 3-night stay in this hotel. I surely recommend other tourist to stay at this hotel when you visit Zurich.
3 night romance trip Aug 8, 2015