All hotels in Old Orchard Beach, Maine, United States of America
20 Portland Avenue, Old Orchard Beach, ME, 04064, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Beach
    Beautiful beach
    Awesome vibe
    Delicious food
    Great room
We stayed two nights. The first night was prior to boarding the Novastar to Nova Scotia. We had a room in the house adjacent to the main house. It was fine. Breakfast was simple,,,cereal and muffins. On the way home, we stayed again, this time in the main house. Our bathroom was not en suite, (down the hall.) Breakfast in the main house was better, but no hot offerings
1 night romance trip Sep 29, 2015
We regret that you are rejecting our critique of Old Orchard Beach Inn. Re-reading the reviews of the B and B when we got home, they sounded nothing like the annex of the Inn that we stayed in. In fact, we neglected to mention that the ceiling fan was FILTHY, and since the A.C. unit was in the closet, we were forced to turn the fan on at low speed in order to sleep. Since my wife gets two allergy shots each week for severe allergies she is only now beginning to recover from the effects of all the dust. We have used HOTELS.COM prior to this experience and have always been satisfied. Regretfully, our experience was not so happy this time. However, we shall not be deterred! Thank you.
1 night romance trip Sep 21, 2015
"One night stay"
Great little spot, close to the beach. Staff was friendly and helpful.
1 night romance trip Sep 26, 2015
"Stayed up to let um in. No heat"
We booked the day we arrived. Called ahead to tell then we'd be in late. Owner came out and let us in to a cute little apartment. It was cold and the thermostathad a lock on it. Wasn't going to awake innkeeper to take care of it
Other trip Sep 27, 2015
This is a fantastic B&B. We were made to feel right at home from the moment we arrived. Our hosts were not only friendly, but very helpful and knowledgeable in guiding us to various sites, spots and restaurants in the area.
4 night romance trip Sep 14, 2015
"Charming & comfortable B&B close to beach"
I literally picked this place randomly -- we were driving through the state of Maine to meet up with friends, and decided, on the drive back to Boston, to try to find a place to stay in Maine that would be near a beach (any beach!). The Atlantic Birches Inn had a room available, and we booked it. Best decision I ever made. We were given an adorable room in the attic (which also had its own private bathroom with a stand up shower); and when Ray & Heidi advised us to try the lobster at The Rising Ride restaurant, we took their advice and had the best lobster dinner ever, which is really saying something, considering we've lived in New England for 5 years, now. I arose before sunrise the next morning and explored the beachfront of Old Orchard Beach, about a 6 minute walk from the Inn. The beach is big and beautiful , stretching out wide for miles, with a pier of shops and restaurants overhead on one side, and a charming amusement park by the sea on the other. Ray (our host) says he thinks it might be the only amusement park on the water in New England -- it's just as charming and carnival like as you would expect. I wish we'd had time to stay and explore it , but we left town before noon. We had continental breakfast before we left (the stand out feature is the muffins); perfectly fine fare. There was so much more to the Inn that we didn't have time to explore--the inground pool, the chairs and benches in the backyard--so I hope we'll be back someday. Loved the experience!
Other trip Sep 14, 2015
"Loved it."
2 night stay in early September as a getaway from the city. Loved the room and the atmosphere of the B&B. Easy walk to the beach. The only negative was spotty wi-fi.
2 night romance trip Sep 1, 2015
"Fantastic and Memorable experience"
This little BnB is wonderful! My boyfriend and I were planning on going to OOB for the fireworks, and I wanted to surprise him by making it a date night. The Atlantic Birches Inn was perfect. The room was comfy and adorable. The only inconvenience was that our room had a private detached bathroom, so we needed to leave the room in order to use it. The inn provided robes for this though, so that made it a little better for night trips. Also, we had a private key for it, so we knew no one else was using it. The owners were lovely and kind. We had an unfortunate accident where we lost our phones/my wallet/and our hotel keys, but (by some amazing karma) someone found them and returned them to the inn. The owner waited with our stuff on the porch and was incredibly good hearted about being summoned by a stranger at 9:45pm and waiting for us to call the phones and arrive at the inn roughly 15 minutes later. We were incredibly grateful!!
1 night romance trip Aug 20, 2015
Ashley
Ray and his wife were great hosts and very helpful answering all of our questions about the area.
1 night family trip Aug 12, 2015
it was very cute, quite and overall great! I will go back
1 night trip Aug 5, 2015
Antoaneta
Atlantic Birches was very cozy. The hosts were very helpful in helping us decide what to do and provided us with maps and detailed directions on how to get to the places we decided to go.
2 night romance trip Jun 24, 2015
"Very pleasant"
My stay was vert pleasurable. The Inn was quiet. Old Orchard Beach was walking distance but not too close. Staff are very personable. I would surely go back again!
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
Lovely place
"Excellent stay"
Great place to stay, quiet, clean, within walking distance to everything. Owner was extremely nice and helpful.
1 night romance trip Jun 9, 2015
"very nice B&B"
Excellent location just outside the busy part of town so it's quiet. Quick walk to downtown. Very nice place to stay and the owners are friendly and accommodating.
Other trip Jun 9, 2015
"Convenient location"
The reception was good and we were made to feel welcome . The room was very comfortable and well appointed. Breakfast was a help your-self and there was sufficient and a variety of food . The homemade muffins were exceptional! Overall a good stay - thank you .
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
Mark & Gail
"My first B & B."
This was our first B&B I found we could not heat our own room,as the control was under a locked,clear box.I was chilly the whole time. Also, the bed was not at all comfortable for me.The hot water was extremely hot! A child could get hurt.The breakfast was very good,the decor lovely, and the area pretty.However,I would not stay here again....sorry.
1 night romance trip Oct 12, 2014
Marvina
"Not what we were expecting at all."
First here is what the ad said:For a good night's sleep, settle onto the Select Comfort bed with premium bedding. Complimentary wired and wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and digital channels are offered for your entertainment. Relax in your own private pool. The in-room kitchenette includes cookware/dishware and a coffee/tea maker. The private bathroom has a bathtub or shower, as well as bathrobes, designer toiletries, and complimentary toiletries. Air conditioning, a ceiling fan, and a desk are among the conveniences offered. This room is Non-Smoking. What we got was a attic room at the top of the house. My husband hit his head three times on the ceiling. There was no desk, no in-room kitchenette. No bathrobes. And a continental breakfast not suitable for a diabetic person. The house it self was beautiful, very clean. But I had asked for 1st floor accommodations since I have issues with stairs. We would not have even considered it if we had known, so therefore, we will not be staying there again. We forgot our table top fan, and did they call to offer to ship it to us, no they did not. Was actually kind of shocked with that. Oh well, enjoy. Not happy at all. Steve & Kathy Humphreys
1 night romance trip Sep 24, 2014
Steve & Kathy Humphreys
Really nice and clean bed and breakfast! Heidi and Ryan were really friendly and helpful. Great location, very close to the beach.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
"BEDS VS FUTONS"
The place we stayed at was the suite, It was advertised as two beds one queen and one twin, but the twin was the futon couch. very uncomfortable for a sixty year old six foot four person. not very happy the next morning, not a good sleep at all.
1 night trip Sep 22, 2014
Tom S
"Adorable B&B"
Stayed here for three days in August, lovely Victorian building walking distance from the boardwalk at Old Orchard Beach, but still quiet.
3 night trip Aug 24, 2014
"Wonderful hosts, great place, basic breakfast"
The hosts were incredible people that were extremely helpful in giving us a great experience of the surrounding area. LOVED the place they recommended on the beach for lobsters and a beautiful sunset! The room was very clean and very comfortable. Breakfast was just the basics, but good. A lovely stay
1 night romance trip Jul 14, 2014
Ellie
"Not conveniently close to Portland, but very Homey"
It was a very nice Bed and Breakfast place with a very knowledgable owner who was very helpful, but I didn't know we were going to be in a little room that had a wedding dress and all wedding gear. While interesting looking, it was a little weird for my girlfriend and I. It was a beautiful house and it was very nice and cute, but it was also a far drive form Portland. I'd still come here again though because it was so nice otherwise.
1 night romance trip Jul 31, 2014
"A very nice B&B close to the beach"
My wife and I and our two children were looking for a quick day & night stay on Old Orchard Beach and this B&B worked out great. Ray and Heidi were excellent hosts and gave wonderful recommendations for dinner and good directions. My family and I loved their inn and it's amenities. We will certainly be coming back.
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
"Nice B&B for cheap."
Nice small room for cheap. Bed was pretty uncomfortable, but not awful for the price. Booking said Queen size bed we received a full size bed.
Other trip Nov 4, 2013
"Very relaxing"
The Inn keeper was extremely pleasant and helpful. The location was beautiful and quaint. I will go back in the summer for another stay. I loved the room!
1 night trip Oct 8, 2013
Carla

"B&b"
Ray and Heidi were friendly and helpful
2 night romance trip Oct 12, 2014
"Charming cottage"
Arrived late from the ferry, just to find a note at the door : out for shopping . The room at the cottage next door was small and charming.Careful you will hit your head under the sloped roof when you are in bed; The full breakfast is a nice continental self serve ; anyhow we liked the privacy and marine feeling
Other trip Sep 27, 2014
walter
"Really nice B&B! Walking distance to beach!"
Really nice stay at this B&B! Close to beach, good muffins for breakfast, really nice owner (Thanks again Ray!! :D ). Check-in and check-out very simple, Ray gaves us some great information on things to do and where to eat (The Rising Tide Restaurant was delicious!!). Room was a good size, calm, private bathroom, clean and with AC. Would definitely go back!
Other trip Aug 30, 2014
"AN INN CLOSE TO ATLANTIC BEACHES"
WE FELT WELCOMED AND QUICKLY ACCOMMODATED. OUR ROOM WAS SMALL, BUT WELL DECORATED AND CLEAN. OUR ENSUITE WAS VERY CLEAN WITH A FULL TUB AND SHOWER. THE INN WAS A QUIET PLACE, DESPITE ALL THE ROOMS BEING RENTED FOR THE NIGHT.
Other trip Oct 5, 2013
TERRY

"Tolles b&b vom Inhaberpaar geführt"
Haben uns sehr wohl gefühlt! Vor allem der insidertipp zum Hummeressen war spitze!
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
DE
Kregen niet de kamer met kitchenette en badjassen etc
1 night trip Sep 9, 2014
NL
Todo perfecto. El único pero es un almuerzo justo pero volveríamos sin dudarlo.
1 night family trip Aug 13, 2014
ES
"Cute and clean!"
We had a lovely stay at this B&B. Very friendly and service minded staff and a Very nice hotel. We chatted and spent time with the other guests and for a moment we felt like a part of a family in a way. Will definitely stay there again if we go to Old Orchard Beach.
1 night trip Jul 29, 2014
Cat
SE
L'acceuil a été excellent, le propriétaire nous a bien dirigé vers les attraits de la ville. Nous avons appréciés notre séjour.
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
roger

TripAdvisor reviews for Atlantic Birches Inn

"Not for everyone"
11/15/15 2004Mrs2014 Schenectady, New York
My husband and I stayed in the Velvet room the bed was VERY firm. We slept terribly. It was musty with old looking bedding and not a place for romance. First and last time at a B&B. We decided to cut our losses go home and not waste another night of our vacation. It's not for every couple.
"Cozy little B&B near the beach"
09/27/15 Palolis Paris, France
The owners are very nice, the rooms are very cozy and nicely decorated. The location is perfect; just a few blocks from the main street in Old Orchard Beach and the beach. The breakfast could be more complete, but the homemade muffins are delicious.
"Comfortable, Lovely Room"
09/06/15 RoseDew Red Lion, PA
My husband and I spent two nights in the Old Orchard Room ( Blue room) while on a short jaunt up the Maine coast. Photos on-line represent the room accurately. Ray, the innkeeper, was very helpful and fun to chat with. The inn does sit on a busy street (Rt. 98) and this room is to the front of the inn. Therefore, there was some street noise until about 11 p.m. (with the windows open) and you will hear train horns from about 2-3 blocks away. However, after 11 p.m. we didn't notice trains again until the morning. Breakfast offerings were okay. Some yogurt and/or hot cereal options would be welcome. The homemade muffins were delicious and the fresh fruit salad was also very good. The only thing missing from our room was a hair dryer. To be fair, if I had asked Ray if there was a hair dryer available, I imagine he would have been able to provide one to me. All-in-all, a satisfactory stay.
"The best time..."
09/02/15 Carrie R Niskayuna
My husband and I are 36/37 years old and frequent Old Orchard Beach often...In fact, this was our second trip to the area this same summer. (We usually camp or our family rents a vacation home) This particular trip was for my husband to compete in the Challenge OOB Triathlon. We knew we would want to stay somewhere convenient to the race, and after checking out reviews online we chose the Atlantic Birches. (We were also able to use a bedandbreakfst.com gift card for one of our 3 nights) This B&B was PERFECT for what we were looking for. We stayed in the Cleaves Room in the Cottage House. The Cottage House is great because there is a separate living space downstairs that can be used as a common room among guests. It also had a small kitchenette where breakfast and coffee was served every morning. (PS- BEST fruit salad ever! And for triathletes, nothing beats English muffins with peanut butter- we could not have been more pleased!) As the other reviews have stated, everything was very clean and (this is a small, but much appreciated touch) our towels were replaced daily! The bed was comfortable, everything worked properly, and the décor of the entire cottage house and the room was adorable. Best part of all---OOB was steps away...we could walk to everything. It didn't hurt that we had exceptionally good weather or that my husband had his best race ever...but regardless, we LOVED our stay at the Atlantic Birches. Truth be told, one of the main reasons we chose the Birches was for the pool, but I didn't even have time to sit by it! We did enjoy a lot of beach time though. Ray was extremely helpful- he gave us a lot of good food recommendations--Yellowfin's was just awesome, so thank you! (BYOB too!) We would 100% stay here again and recommend to anyone traveling in the area.
"Old Orchard Beach Jewel"
08/12/15 James D
Ray and Heidi have a beautifully maintained home in a great location. We enjoyed our stay. If you haven't been to the area, Ray is a great resource regarding what to see and how to get there. Very close to all the action, but very quiet.
"Clean, Classic, Convenient, Quiet and Very Friendly"
08/10/15 April_Beach_Bums Halifax
Our family decided at the last minute during the busy summer season to spend a few beach days in Old Orchard Beach. This location was so convenient, 5 minutes from the beach. The home is a lovely old home and above all very clean. Ray met us at the door on the first day and although our room wasn't ready he let us park so we could head to the beach and gave us a recommendation for lunch. The light breakfast was all we needed in the morning, great muffins and very good coffee. We took a dip in the pool which was clean and warm. Because of our late booking we got the only room available which was a double, it was clean and roomy and Ray provided us with a cot for our daughter which was very comfortable. Highly recommend this if you are looking for a clean, quiet, convenient and friendly location in Old Orchard Beach!
"Friendly Owners, Super Clean!"
07/09/15 mshl_7 Maine
We had the pleasure of staying at this beautiful B&B! Everything was spotless. You can tell they take pride in making sure their Inn is clean for their guests. We loved the character of the Inn. It's nice that the Inn isn't right on East or West Grand Avenue so you can "get away" from the crowd, but it is still just a short walk away to everything! Ray and Heidi were so friendly and helpful during our entire stay. Every morning they had a delicious breakfast ready for us. We didn't have to wait to begin enjoying our day! They had plenty of recommendations of places for us to go (even away from OOB), and places to grab lunch and dinner. You can tell they are even very knowledgeable of the surrounding area! They had maps handy in case we got lost. It was the perfect place for us to stay, and we will definitely be back!
"VERY CLEAN"
10/09/14 number1Suzieq Portland Oregon
This is a comfortable and clean place to stay. Spotless in fact. From the bedroom and bathroom to the common areas it is extremely well kept. The bed was comfortable and there were plenty of pillows. The furnishings and decor are all in good condition. The house is a five minute walk to the beach which was really wonderful. If you go during the summer months I imagine this area is very, very busy. There are shops, restaurtants and amusement rides within a five minute walk. We were there late season so the Pier was closed. There are still plenty of restaurants available locally though. As we were checking in Ray was prepared to give us maps of the area. He recommended a restaurant (off the beaten path) to get the best Lobster at a reasonable price. He offered tourist brochures and excellent directions. As we were checking out and heading back to Boston we'd asked what sights to see along the way and were given some excellent recommendations. My only negative comment would be in regard to breakfast. Muffins, fruit, cereals, toast, english muffins, coffee and tea were all available. For me the sugars and carbs early in the morning are not a good start. If I'm ever in the area again I would definately stay here.
"'OOB' Old Orchard Beach"
10/07/14 Kevin R Portland, Oregon
We stayed two nights. I can only comment on the main house as I did not look at the other facility here. This house is the cleanest and best cared for place that we stayed in our 'New England tour'. Ray & Heidi are very nice people that make you feel very welcome. This B&B is located very close to OOB and can easily be accessed on foot in about 3 minutes from door to sand. Muffins, cereal,coffee,toast,English muffins and some sliced fruit are breakfast. as well as coffee and tea. Some protein for the first meal would really make it a complete breakfast even just some hard boiled eggs would be adequate. Another benefit of staying here is that Ray & Heidi really know the area and have maps that they write on to get you where your going. The 'LOBSTA' place they know of is the real thing at affordable prices. These two double as informational tourist guides and even know where to go in Portland ! I'm a west coaster so getting up for sunrise on the atlantic was AMAZING ! As we were headed out Ray said "are you going to see the sunrise" "You've got about 5 minutes" and he was right and more accurate than what info I got on Internet. 'Scary' . Really enjoyed our stay !
"Helpful hosts and spotlessly clean"
09/30/14 joel76 birmingham UK
We stayed here with our young son in September. The room was ideal with separate seating / kitchen area and bedroom, meaning we could watch TV / talk in the evenings without waking him up. Pool was an added bonus and the owner was very nice lending us pool toys to keep us entertained. The room was spotlessly clean. The breakfast was good, again ideal for travel with a child as provided easy access to cereal and toast etc for him rather than having to go out and find something. When we left we accidently left our coats in the room and the owner, when contacted, arranged to send them onto the UK for us - great customer care. Old Orchard beach was a little bit disappointing as we arrived day after labor day and we hadn't realised it would virtually all be shut for the season!