All hotels in Huron, Ohio, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here400 Sawmill Creek Dr., Huron, OH, 44839, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"nice place to stay"
We were there for the weekend to go to Kalahari water park,but their hotel was booked. This was the last one in the area that had a room that could fit 5 of us. Hotel was a bit dated but clean. The lobby areas were pretty like a ski lodge. The indoor pool area was huge and heated. But the hot tub wasn't so hot.we ordered room service for breakfast and it was good.we decided we may have to make a return trip just to stay at the resort for a weekend sometime in the future.
1 night family trip Apr 11, 2015
tabatha
"Different in the winter"
My stay was during winter operations. The services offered were limited. The room heating system was not ideal.
1 night business trip Feb 2, 2015
"Beware your valuables"
I put ado not disturb sign on my door while I was out for work and left two lights on. When I came back the lights were off, meaning a staff member came into my room despite the do not disturb sign.
3 night business trip Dec 9, 2014
"Needs Updating!"
Resort has become dated. Watched a TV that was 15 years old, I could barely see the picture. The carpet had dark carpet stains, the coffee pot would not stay on. Restaurant service was slow on both nights, the food was very good once we got it. I advised the customer service personnel at checkout and they said "Ok, thanks for letting us know".
2 night romance trip Nov 14, 2014
"Needs updating!"
It is potentially a nice resort. They have everything right on the property, golf, pools, beach (not visited) & restaurants. However the whole place needs updating badly!
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
"Pleasant but pricey, not for families"
While the fake wilderness lodge decor is reminiscent of Great Wilderness Lodge, there's no indoor waterpark, no arcade, no hot tub, and no free breakfast. The Sawmill's target audience appears to be retired adults, not families. They offer tennis, golfing, a pool, a ping pong table, and a game room with a billiard table but no arcade. There's a pricey restaurant but for more kid-friendly fare you need to head to a few miles to Rte 250. When pricing, remember to add the daily resort tax.
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
"What a great experience!"
This was our 4th visit to this hotel and have always had a great experience. We celebrated my birthday on this particular weekend and I can't remember ever having such a great experience. We splurged on a suite and our bed and pillows were super comfy! The bathrobes were totally dreamy! I appreciated the Adirondack chairs that the hotel provided at the beach. Loved the band! Room service was very good. My only complaint about this hotel is that the parking is rather strange. It is not too convenient for guests.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
"Great look but needs improvement in other areas..."
Very charming, courteous and friendly staff. Room was fantastic. However, the resort restaurant menu was sorely lacking and way over priced for the quality of the food. The filet was average but my companion's lobster pasta was inedible. Also, room service was very slow and when ordering, the person I spoke with couldn't answer one question about the menu.
1 night trip Aug 10, 2014
Robert H
"Going to C Point? U must stay at Sawmill Creek!"
Great location close to Cedar Point- nice pools indoor and out. Nice restaurants. Very clean and quiet. My teenagers loved it.
3 night business trip Aug 7, 2014
Nice place, but at that price breakfast needs to be included!
1 night trip Aug 8, 2014
"Nice clean resort hotel with pool and golf course"
Great hotel w great access to all amenities in Huron and Sandusky.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
"nice place close to cedar point"
After I saw the not so pleasant review for this hotel , i decided to cancel my reservation ,but I am glad I did not , this is a nice hotel in nice surrounding , very beautiful golf , close to lake , very helpful employee two beautiful pools, nice small shop close to pool, overall I enjoyed my stayed and I recommend this hotel . just only one thing, the route 6 is very busy road it took us 15 minutes to take a left turn from the resort, i wish they put stop sign or red light.
3 night family trip Jul 23, 2014
saide
"For what we were paying, I expected much better"
For the rather steep price we paid, I would have expected so much more! Check-in was chaotic; a long line of guests and one girl at the counter who eventually called someone else up from the back - not to help, but because she had to clock out before she got into overtime. There was no greeting from the new clerk or any apology for being kept waiting. Several of the lights in the parking light were burned out, leaving us walking to our room in the dark. We were on the second floor and there are no elevators, so we had to lug heavy bags up the stairs. The vending machines in our building were both completely sold out; our only option was to walk all the way back to the front desk and go to the convenience store there. The air conditioner sounded like a tractor - it woke us up repeatedly during the night. If I were paying $100 a night at some chain hotel, I wouldn't be so picky, but paying more than twice that, I expect the hotel to do a much better job with basic things like lights and air conditioning.
1 night trip with friends Jul 19, 2014
Wish the beach was closer. Other than that, it was nice and quiet. We really enjoyed the restuarant.
1 night romance trip Jul 4, 2014
Robin
"Nice hotel by the beach."
We stayed 1 night for a wedding. Accommodations are good for a short stay.
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
Anne
"Not exactly a "resort""
We booked Sawmill Creek for a last-minute weekend getaway to the lake. The pictures online looked good and the reviews were pretty positive, but it certainly didn't live up to our expectations. Despite booking the "deluxe executive" room, it was small and minimal. It felt more like a motel room than a resort room. The amenities (pool, etc.) were fine. The staff was friendly and attentive. The trip to the beach is nothing to be taken lightly - we made the mistake of walking it, and wished we hadn't. I have to believe there are better lodging options in the area for the money.
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
Notgonna
"Nice place but, oww, my back aches"
My wife and daughter and I needed a place to hang out before the Oberlin College graduation and this looked fun. Indeed, it has great amenities--a beach on Lake Erie, two nice pools, nicely maintained grounds. The restaurant was fine and the people who worked there are friendly. There's a ping pong table and a pool table, too. The price was right. The room itself seemed recently re-done and was very clean. So what's the problem? There's something wrong with the mattresses. I woke up in the middle of the night in serious pain, as did my wife. The quality, I suspect, is terrible and the double beds themselves seem undersized. I ended up sleeping in the floor from about 3 a.m. on. Too bad. Saw Creek really has a lot going for it. But who would return to a hotel where you can't sleep...?
Other trip May 27, 2014
"Great time"
Wonderful time with my wife and great seraray gjtivgojhugdghgjgth
Other trip Mar 18, 2014
"Very clean..beautiful public areas with fireplaces"
Food on sight----live music on Saturday night. Very pleasant staff!
Other trip Mar 10, 2014
"Nice rooms. Clean, good breakfast"
Quick overnight stay. Would recommend over a Super 8 any day of the week.
Other trip Mar 3, 2014
"Second time stayed there this year"
Good point to stay if going to is lands. 20 minutes to Catawba.
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
"OK EXPERIENCE!"
I thought the overall experience was good. We had dinner at Salmon Run and service was slow. Our bed sheets were pilled and were uncomfortable, but clean.
Other trip Sep 18, 2013
"Poor cleaning service"
Hotel setting was ok, however cleaning service was lacking. Maids arrived at 4:00 to clean our room. They asked what we wanted done and I told them to change sheets and sweep and they complained. Left the room so they could do their job and came back to find they did not sweep or change sheets. Complained to Manager on duty however he would not take responsibility. Will be staying somewhere else next year!
2 night family trip Aug 16, 2013
"Misleading"
First, Double room does not mean a double (2) rooms the wording the hotel uses is very misleading. Second, the hotel charges a resort fee per night that is not stated anywhere when my reservations were made. Then, the refrigerator was broken and the ice machine close never had ice. The game room was a joke and very dirty. Overall disappointed.
3 night trip Aug 30, 2013
We really loved the room and the different areas, swimming pools, golf, bar areas, etc. The only downside was that there was no place to eat on check out day as the restaurant closed when you were supposed to leave. We were going to load up and then eat but that didn't work and there is no place around to eat other than fast food. Loved the resort though!
1 night trip with friends Sep 1, 2013
Terri
"Nice family get together"
We met my sister and her family "halfway" (Chicago/New York) and had a great time with the kids over Labor Day weekend. Plenty to do for everyone. Cedar Point was how we remembered it!
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
"Nice resort close to the waterfront"
Nice place, very close to the lake in a well maintained green area. A lot of sport facilities, very nice sand beach 30min by walk. The resort is well maintained and the pool are easy accessible from the room. Awesome the pool is overnight open. The room are pretty clean even if there is a lot of humidity. Totally we spent a nice day.
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
max
"Nice hotel, close to Cedar Point"
We had a very comfortable stay at this hotel. The children loved the indoor and outdoor pool. I enjoyed being able to walk down to the harbor and have sundowners whilst looking over the lake..! Some areas of the hotel could do with some upgrading, but overall we were pleased with the accommodation. Very helpful that this hotel is very close to Cedar Park, yet you are in a tranquil environment. Would recommend.
Other trip Aug 31, 2013
"Great Trip"
The staff was very accommodating of our request to have adjoining rooms and a friend who hadn't arrived yet placed in a room across the hall from us. The cleaning staff was polite and courteous when we asked for more towels. The indoor pool was warm and both pool areas well maintained for a seasonal hotel. The beds were small and not the most comfortable but did the trick and no sign of bed bugs in any of our (3) rooms. The hotel beach was a distance but awesome. It was a short drive to Cedar Point. Overall we were very satisfied and will stay at Sawmill again if we visit the area again.
2 night business trip Aug 24, 2013
The front desk staff was not at all knowledgeable and unable to answer simple questions regarding the hotel and surrounding area. The buffet breakfast was very skimpy and extremely overpriced. Dining room staff was unfriendly. The room did not look fresh and clean and the furnishings looked very dated.
2 night trip with friends Aug 23, 2013
"Very nice facilities!"
We loved the American Indian theme. The room was very clean and comfortable. The resort had the usual amenities such as an indoor and outdoor pool, and exercise room. They also rented bicycles. We took a walk through the trails at a nature preserve next to the resort. There is a Tom Fazio designed 18 hole golf course on the grounds but unfortunately, I did not have time to play a round of golf. Maybe next time.
"Review of Stay"
We had a great time riding bikes, walking the beach, and swimming in the outdoor pools. I liked the park-like setting. The staff was friendly though breakfast was a challenge due to the poor service. Apparently when there is a buffet, the waitresses assume that everyone is choosing the buffet and require no service. It took 15 minutes to finally meet my waitress, and that was only after I flagged down the hostess and another waitress to inquire. Overall I would stay here again based on cost, scenery and proximity to Cedar Point.
"Great resort"
Beautiful grounds with a private beach.Great indoor pool.My kids are already asking when we can go back.
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
"Very comfortable but some hidden fees"
The hotel was very comfortable and more than we expected for the price! The decor of the hotel overall was a little dated, but well maintained. We loved that there was both an indoor pool and an outdoor pool, but we were dissappointed that the little pool inside had a look that gave the impression it was a hot tub but it wasn't. It was the same temp as the other pool, and the outside pool did not seem to be heated at all. The room was very clean and the staff did a good job even adding nice touches like nicely arranging my daughter's pillow and stuffed animal in a way that thrilled her. My only other complaint was that there was a hidden charge of just under ten dollars per day for "resort fees" including parking, pool and towel use, ect. It was never mentioned during check in or on this site when making the reservation. Having stayed there we would be willing to pay this fee again if we had the same room rates, but prior to seeing the hotel we probably wouldn't have booked the room if we had known before hand. Again, overall it was a very comfortable stay.
3 night trip Aug 18, 2013
Very nice location next to nature preserves, fairly convenient shopping, very pretty lobby, nice Indian artifacts, tennis court, golf course, make it a cut above the rest. Only downside, at check out we were charged $39.60 for resort fees for pool towels, parking, etc. This was not stated upfront. We will definitely stay here again. It is convenient to Cedar Point amusement park, family, and we were very comfortable. Would like to have microwave in the room. Don't care about a refrigerator, which we didn't have, but it didn't matter to us.
4 night trip Aug 18, 2013
C.S.
"Nice facilities, smelly bedroom.."
I stayed just one day and I don't think I'll stay there again unless they do something with the wet/damp smells in the bedroom. Not sure if we just go "lucky" or they are all like that..
Other trip Aug 23, 2013
Soe
"beautiful grounds"
We had nice stay. The staff was very attentive. The rooms did have damp feel to them, they were clean and up to date . Wish we had a mini fridge and microwave. Also there really isn't wifi. The service in the restaurant was horrible.
4 night family trip Aug 12, 2013
"Very beautiful hotel. Nice staff"
Great hotel and staff I don't have time to write a book for you
Other trip Aug 21, 2013
gina
"Nice hotel, but be mindful of the "Resort Fee""
It's a fairly nice hotel. It reminds me a bit of Mammoth Cave Hotel in that it has similar lighting and decorations. The grounds are beautiful and taking an early morning walk was wonderful. We only stayed 1 night and were charged the $9.95 "resort fee" when checking out. I read other reviews where this is a per-night fee, so beware that the price advertised is actually $10 less than it will end up being. If we were staying for a week I would have not been a happy customer. I never did understand what the "resort fee" covers as we didn't play golf, swim in the pool, rent jet skis or take advantage of anything else over and above what a regular hotel would have provided.
1 night trip Aug 17, 2013
"Nice resort overall"
We had a very good time in the resort. It has lots of facilities - tennis, volleyball, indoor/outdoor pools, bars, restaurants, private beach, shopping. It has nice comfortable and clean rooms. Highly recommended!
Other trip Aug 19, 2013
"Beautiful Surrondings"
The grounds are beautiful! It was a great place to walk and enjoy. The hotel/lodge was just ok. Nothing spectacular. It felt old. I did not like being told as I checked out that there was a $9.95 "resort fee" that was additional to what I had already paid. Why wouldn't they have told me that when I checked in? It seemed wrong to me but I didn't have time to argue with them.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2013
"Not little kid friendly"
I was not impressed with this hotel. If your vacation IS the resort and you don't have kids, then you should be ok. Considering "resort" is in the name, they have very little as far as room accommodations go. I had to ask 4 times for a refrigerator in our room, which basically wasn't usable the first night anyway, only to be charged for it each night which I thought was ridiculous. Not a good thing when you have small children who need milk or juice. They also charge ridiculous gratuities on room service. The staff was pretty apathetic and never asked how my stay was. The room cleanliness left something to be desired; there was still toothpaste in the sink from the last occupant, the bathroom floor was in need of scrubbing, and the carpet needed to be vacuumed judging from the stuff I saw on it. If we hadn't planned on leaving the hotel, and felt like driving 250+ miles just to play tennis on their court, it would have been swell. Otherwise, I would never stay here again. Nice beach tho, and the hot water in the shower was great. That's about it.
3 night trip Aug 11, 2013
Emily
"hidden charges"
The over hotel was good. We decided to stay at this hotel because it was closer to Cedar Point then the last hotel we stayed at a few weeks ago. The room was smaller, had no frig, and the bathroom was smaller, but for the convenience we could overlook all of this. However when we checked out we were told that there was an additional charge 9.99 charge for the use of pool towels and internet service. We didn't use the internet and they didn't have wi-fi. I don't like hidden charges and never were we told of this charge. They said they charge this to all there guests regardless if they use the service or not. I think that is wrong! Be careful when staying here to ask about hidden charges!
1 night trip Aug 13, 2013
M.Norris
"Close to attractions"
Like other aging "resort-conference" centers. Had to switch rooms because of dampness and smell.
Other trip Aug 14, 2013
"Was nice a long time ago"
This resort is not as grand as it seems. It touts 3 restaurants yet 2 are actually the same restaurant, separated by a railing and a slightly different menu. The other restaurant is in the golf course a drive away. It is situated on a golf course and if you are a golfer you will love this. There is an indoor and outdoor pool for the kids and mom to enjoy while you get some swings in. The jacuzzi was not a jacuzzi, yet a small area next to the pool sharing the same temperature and water as the pool. Our room was miserable. It was so humid, we couldn't get rid of the locker room smell. We bought a bottle of Fabreze and asked for another room but the other room wasn't much better. The fan "a/c" was so loud we had to shut it off at night so we could sleep. The beds and bedding look like they have not been changed since 1935. I could actually feel the spring in my side towards the end of our stay. The staff there are wonderful. They have a nice little shop that has snacks and misc items that you might need. We bought cereal for breakfast as the restaurant was expensive. We thought we would be on the water or a beach but we were not. There was a marina near the condos and the beach was a very long walk. We rode our bikes and would have been sorely disappointed if we wanted to spend any time on the beach.
"Just an overnight stay"
Ordered and paid for a roll-away, was not in the room. Website posts inaccurate pricing for sunset cruise and does not include cruise in packages. Good luck trying to reach the hotel via phone. Customer service reps were all rude over the phone.
Rr
"Skip the Inns and stay at Sawmill Creek Resort!"
My boyfriend and I loved the room and staff! Don't be fooled by the dated appearance - this resort is charming, clean, and comfortable. I would definitely recommend spending a little extra money for the in room whirlpool (with enough room for two - nudge nudge wink wink). We did not eat at the resort but the gift shop is the best I've ever seen onsite at a resort. We spent a day a Cedar Point and couldn't wait to get back to the room. Treat yourself - stay here!
Other trip Aug 11, 2013
Meghan
"Nice hotel with a great location"
Only stayed one night, but the pool and pub are wonderful. Room was very clean and comfortable.
Other trip Aug 10, 2013
"Sawmill Creek"
Had some bug problems, and I feel the rooms were oversold for what they actually are. Great location for people going to Cedar Point though.
2 night trip Aug 4, 2013
"The hotel setting was really lovely, the indoor an"
really lovely hotel. The grounds where lovely and both pools really great and the indoor one was opened till 12.go down to the beach its small with white sand and surrounded by trees. The inside of the hotel id decorated very nicely and there are open gas fires burning, I was very impressed.
Other trip Aug 7, 2013