All hotels in Visalia, California, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here3300 W. Mineral King, Visalia, CA, 93291, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Nice hotel . Grounds are very pretty, & quiet ."
Very comfortable bed . Lots of comfortable pillows.( that's one of my complains in some hotels is that their pillows are flat) . Quiet room. We'll stay again. We also like that they have a bar to have drinks .
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
Dianne
Clean room, good price, close to restaurants & store, nice pool & diner. But it was 107 degrees there & the a/c in the room was terrible. Otherwise, a pretty good stay.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
so confortable
1 night trip Sep 4, 2014
veronica
"placed me in a room with people in already!"
I reserved my hotel and didn't get to check in til late and when I got the key to tried to open the room but it wouldn't open and for a minute I thought I had the wrong room number but all a sudden someone I heard someone from inside the room saying hello, who is it and I realized that there was people in our room already. I went back and told the front desk and he second guess me and said are you sure...I would have left that place and ask for refund but it was late and I was tired too.. He didn't even apologize at all. That's the last time I'm going there.
1 night trip Sep 12, 2014
jp
Quiet location ... back of property. On site cafe.
Other trip Sep 14, 2014
Very nice for the dollar. Great value
3 night family trip Sep 6, 2014
Barb
"Great for the price"
I didn't rate this really high because it's just a standard motel, however it was great for the price. My only issue was the bed frame. Both queen beds in the room were sagging toward the center, one really really bad, and the other a fair amount but still useable. I would stay here again without question if the need arises.
1 night family trip Sep 7, 2014
Tim K
"Wasn't expecting great service"
Had a lot of bad experience hotels lately it was a nice change of pace
Other trip Sep 9, 2014
The beds were the worst that I have ever slept on (or tried to sleep). They could be used as trampolines. The Lamp Liter used to be first class. It should be sold to someone that cares and remodels.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
Paul Mooney
"Lovely motel at the gateway to the mountains"
My fiancee and I stayed here over a weekend while we explored Sequoia National Park, and were so pleased and pleasantly surprised by this quiet little hotel/motel. The room was immaculate, comfortable and large, and very cool compared to the scorching temperatures outside. The swimming pool and garden were so pretty and inviting! We loved spending late afternoons in the pool after hours of dusty driving and walking in the park.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
"Cool old school Motel"
It's a cool place, not so much as a destination but definitely as a place to sleep before you hit Sequoia or Yosemite. I come to Visalia for short business trips. A bit too far for a turn around trip to OC. Works great because it is right off the freeway and centrally located. Plus, I can pull right up to my door. Makes it great if you have a lot of junk to unload or want to keep an eye on your car. Picture the place your dad took you in the station wagon as a kid. There's a pool, coffee maker in the room (might want to bring extra coffee) there is a restaurant and bar on site, I think they even deliver food and cocktails to the rooms but I've not tried it yet. There are grocery stores and restaurants and whatever else you need within a mile or so.
1 night business trip Sep 5, 2014
Sid Kingfish
Good value
1 night trip Sep 2, 2014
John Miller
The pool is magnificent large and the water was warm. The grounds are that of a tropical nature. The restaurant was small but the food was fairly priced and delicious. The rooms are old and somewhat dated but very comfortable, and the price fit our budget.
1 night trip Aug 22, 2014
Vern
"Nice garden but outdated rooms"
It was nice to have a room that looked at the garden area. The room itself, however, was old and outdated. Some of the furniture had stains. However, the beds were clean and comfortable.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
DocHawk
"Great deal"
For the price, can't beat it!
1 night trip Aug 17, 2014
my room I arrived and received my room key with no problem. I went to my room which was located in the back parking lot. My two children and I began unloading when I noticed just two doors down a group of men hanging outside their hotel room drinking beer. They were not being unruly but I was alone with my two young children and felt a little uneasy about my hotel room being so isolated and far away from the lobby. I called the front desk and relayed this uneasy feeling to the clerk and without hesitation he moved me and my children to another room closer to the front. This simple move made my experience so much better.
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
seriously need a remodel....
1 night trip Aug 11, 2014
Older Motel, quaint and convenient.
2 night trip Aug 8, 2014
"Reasonable hotel on the main road"
Front desk staff had limited knowledge of Sequoia National Park which surprised me. Being so close, I thought they would know more. They were no help to me or another guest asking questions at the same time. Nice to have a restaurant on site; friendly staff in the restaurant and good (not great) food. Handy when one is tired of driving for the day.
1 night trip Aug 12, 2014
Jerryt
"our new go-to Visalia hotel"
Our first stay here--we were greeted by very friendly and professional staff and went directly to the outstanding pool that is in the center of the grounds (surrounded by a lovely garden). Easily the best hotel pool we've experienced in years. Room was sufficiently quiet, very clean and fresh, and quite a good value for our dollar. The location allowed us to walk to our destination--a minor league baseball game just over a mile away. We appreciate being allowed to stay past the standard check out time, too.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
"Garden and pool super"
Nice hotel not so far from Visalia downtown Very lovely garden with flowers and trees and beautiful pool for a couple of hour of relax Riss
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
Rossana
"no bad"
No bad
1 night business trip Aug 11, 2014
jorge
The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and fresh. The grounds were very pretty and well maintained. The restaurant was great with good food and friendly service. The bartender was really nice with great service.
2 night trip Aug 10, 2014
Terry Priddy
"OK for a night's stay"
Friendly staff at the front office. It was a very hot day and though we reached at 8 pm, it was still really warm. So we were very happy to find that the air-conditioner was extremely efficient in the room. There are no extra electrical outlets to charge your phone or laptop. If you need to use the electrical sockets you have to unplug the room's devices like the clock/radio, the table lamp, etc. The WiFi was almost non-existent. We found that the bath tub (Room 232) took a very long time to drain. This was reported by us while checking out.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
Vijay
We will stay again when we pass thru next year for sure, the food is great wish I could have stayed longer to try more.
1 night trip Aug 4, 2014
gary
"Nice, but could be better"
We stayed here for 2 nights to go to Sequoia NP. The Hotel ground is very nice and well maintained. The room was somewhat clean as we saw few ants at the sink counter and the ice bucket was not clean. The room carpet was definitely need to be replaced and/or clean/wash more often. We had a 10 m baby with us, we let she played on the floor when we arrived as she had been on her car seat for a long drive. By the time we wash her up for bedtime, her feet were so dirty, and so we checked our feed...needless to say. We had to put down a sleeping bad for her to play on the next day. I had never had such dirty carpet experience, and we stayed at quite a number of hotel and motel before, since we love road trips and often stayed at remote motels. Otherwise the ground is nice and actually quite impressive with the landscape nicely maintained. The swimming pool open late, so it's nice to go swimming after a day in the park. Lots of food choices nearby. However, there's no frig or microwave in the room as you typically found in motel. We had some left over dinner, but too bad we have to throw all away. Otherwise we could have them for breakfast and head back to the park the next day. There's no free breakfast either. I'm not overly excited about motel breakfast, and there're other choices around. So in summary, it's a typical motel with old dirty carpet, no inroom frig/microvave, and no breakfast. Otherwise the pool and ground is nice. August 2014.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
Lynn
"Good value for money"
Slightly older motel around a very pleasant pool and garden giving it a nice family atmosphere. We booked two rooms at an exceptionally reasonable rate and one of those was upgraded to one of their 'cottage' suites near the pool; so excellent value for money. Rooms were clean and comfortable and staff were pleasant. Good location for our visit to Sequoia National Park. Visalia is a pleasant, unpretentious mid-sized town: be sure to dine at Rosa's just down the street from the hotel.
2 night family trip Aug 5, 2014
Real bad experience the weather was too hot in the HIGH 90's and the A/C was NOT STRONG enough
Other trip Aug 6, 2014
"OK good value for the price"
One night only, did not experience the hotel. it served our purpose.
"Decent"
I am a Travel Agent and travel frequently, my family & I stayed here so we can go to Sequoia. Hotel was quite a distance from there. But for the price can't complain. There was a problem with reservation but the front desk man took care of it, he was very professional & pleasant. Grounds & room looked nice enough when first entered, but upon entering bathroom noticed mold & broken wood by corners of door as well as a worn out damaged shower curtain that needed to be replaced, the pool was a good size but felt it neded a good cement scrubbing (Dingy) last thing the screen on window was also torn (scary) security issues? Overall we had a quiet comfortable stay a continental breakfast would have been convenient & nice. Good for families.
2 night family trip Jul 20, 2014
Elena
"Very kind staff, very comfortable, thoughtful..."
Would highly recommend the attentive service and lodging given to us at the Lampliter !
2 night trip Jul 6, 2014
Beautifully landscaped property. Everything was nice, except that they did not have breakfast, and the shower curtain was too short, causing the floors to get wet anytime we showered.
2 night trip Jul 18, 2014
Kara
Heard they were on bed bug list the night before I slept there so didn't get much sleep. I sprayed my perfume in room. The smell was awful. I had a wedding event to attend so I picked the lamp liter. I will not stay again! Grounds are nice enough. Restaurant on premises is nice!
1 night trip Jul 11, 2014
Christina
"Nice hotel and neighbourhood"
Nice hotel for passing through. Supermarket is right around the corner
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
"Updated technology"
Would have liked better quality tv. I also would have enjoyed a mini fridge in the room. Other than that it was a nice stay.
1 night business trip Jul 12, 2014
Deb
"good value, nice garden & pool"
Good place to stay if you're not looking for breakfast included or any other bells or whistles. Easy to find, nice place. Only problem: it's in Visalia, which is way too hot in July. I live in San Francisco and I miss my fog. However, if you want to go to a DMV and stay overnight somewhere between Yosemite and Sequoia NP, stay here.
1 night family trip Jul 8, 2014
Tom Ehnle
"Good place for a "Staycation""
This place is a really nice little old school hotel. Say you're from not too far out of town and want to spend a night in Downtown Visalia, do a little dinner and dancing, its a 10 dollar cab ride to the downtown area. We like to check in at three, hang by the really nice pool, take a little nap, then go out for the night. Its really inexpensive, and they also have a really nice cabana set up too, but you'll have to call the hotel to book those. But its a great place to sneak off and have a little fun for a really nice price.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
"Enjoyed visit. Clean Clea Great Stay"
Older hotel refurbished.Clean, upgraded and well managed. Staff friendly and helpful. Would stay again if in the area.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
Junior
"I want my money back"
The ac was not working. No other room available. It was too hot.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
look better nex
"Nice motel with many benefits"
This is a little bit older property but it is kept up well. Outside doors with keys. Liked the room layout; bath and toilet in separate room from sink and mirror. Great for two to get ready. Room was clean. Sliding door with seats outside; Nice on hot days. Air conditioner was strong and cooled well. Nice pool. Nice grounds with many places to sit under shade trees. Nice restaurant on site. Good parking. Right on highway 198. Stores close by. Good value.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
Ken
"Old fashioned but very good"
The hotel maintains a very retro (1960s) feel, with a few old-fashioned fixtures and such. They didn't seem to have a fitness room but they did have WiFi. The restaurant was absolutely excellent. Great food and really friendly people. The location was convenient (easy access to the highway) and a nice place to stay after leaving Kings Canyon and Sequoia parks. We would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
"Nice place to stay"
We had a good time. The hotel is clean and has a nice garden courtyard. The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay there again.
2 night romance trip Jul 4, 2014
Norman
"Good hotel but could be better"
The hotel is decently nice for the cost and not inconvenient. The ac is central which can cause a problem with temperature. There is no free breakfast which should be expected at this cost. However, the location and the general upkeep seems good.
1 night trip Jul 2, 2014
"Stayed here to go to Sequoia, not bad."
It was closest available I could find to Sequoia National Park on short notice. Lots of parking. We took stairs up to our floor; not sure if there are elevators? The towels are pretty rough. The bathroom is definitely no frills, but it did have a window which is nice. There was a tiny fridge which I don't think is mentioned in the amenities. Room had AC (central?) and ceiling fan. Some tiny bugs in room (ladybug on pillow and something weird in bathroom,) but nothing seriously concerning. Front staff and restaurant/diner staff are very nice; diner food very diner-y. The area seems pretty safe. 5 min drive to downtown, which has some nice shops and restaurants. FYI: The pool towels are at the front desk and are not located at the pool like the sign in the bathroom says.
2 night trip Jul 4, 2014
Holly
Nice hotel with very friendly staff. Great place to stay heading to/from Kings Canyon.
1 night trip Jul 5, 2014
"Great location but..."
I came up in July and the AC wasn't working very well. It was failing in the my first room, and in the bar area. The hotels do not have individual AC units but rather a central AC that is either on or off. You can't control the temperature, which wasn't as cold as I had wanted it. Some of he rooms had nice touches like ceiling fans. The Wifi was probably the worst I had ever seen in a hotel. I could barely write an email without it crapping out. It said was connected, but simply refused to work. The Hotel staff was great, and I felt bad for them. It's really an icon that is falling apart.
1 night trip Jul 5, 2014
Evan
"Good value for the money"
This is the 3rd time I come to stay at this hotel over the last few years. Don't get me wrong, this is not a 5-start class hotel. But for the price, it's a great value for the money. The room is clean, the bed is firm. The pool is great for a summer staying. The only thing I feel missing is the complimentary breakfast. But couple of fast food restaurants are closed-by though. By the way, the Wi-Fi connection speed is pretty bad. The network is so so slow. But I guess a lot of people have smart phone with data-plan. So this may not be a big deal for a lot of folks. Next time, if we come to visit Sequoia National park, we will still stay at this hotel. Hard to beat it at this low price.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
"Needs to update to 21st Century!"
We could hear every little noise coming from the next room, and the above, all night. Very annoying and sleepless night. Amenity was the minimum. Very disappointing! Easy access to the freeway.
1 night trip with friends Jul 1, 2014
Katie
"Great Place"
We enjoyed our stay here. It was a convenient location. The rooms are good size and clean. The pool was large and not too crowded. A couple of things to note.. If you want a refrigerator or microwave in your room you need to request when you make your reservation. Also, You need a credit card upon check in for incidentals and it cannot be your debit/credit card. I was a little worried after reading some reviews that this was an older place and the rooms had an odor. It is an older hotel, but kept up very nice. We had two rooms and there were no issues with any weird odors. We will definitely stay here again! :)
2 night family trip Jun 21, 2014
Marie
"Dissapointed"
I reserved this room over a month in advance, and requested a small crib, microwave, and fridge. I called before staying here and I was assured my request was included in my reservation. We arrived to our room after a 4 hour drive and there were none of these items. I called and the front desk told me "housekeeping has left for the day" this was around 4pm. I was shocked. She told me she would call around and eventually they brought up a crib. (Thank goodness) however could not provide a fridge and was told I could go to the front desk to warm up my baby's milk in the middle of the night. Wow! I had to go purchase a cooler for my sons milk to keep it cold, and ran it under hot water from the coffee maker to make it warm. Had I known this was going to happen and couldn't have been provided with fridge or microwave ... I would have stayed elsewhere.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014