All hotels in Pismo Beach, California, United States of America
250 Main St, Pismo Beach, CA, 93449, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Beach
    Beautiful beach
  • Value
    Fairly good value for money
    Service is poor
    Room is not nice
    Uncomfortable
Close to beach. Older hotel that still uses a real key! Around the corner from splash. Walking distance to everything. Beds are older and not very comfortable. Don't go before 3 to check in.
2 night family trip Jul 21, 2015
Tina
"Find a better choice."
This hotel was situated well for the price but that is the only positive thing we can say about it. The room was so small there wasn't space for our suitcases. The air conditioning didn't work and neither of us could use the WiFi. You could log on but couldn't access or open anything. Breakfast was a very small muffin and coffee. Definitely will not recommend this hotel.
1 night romance trip Jul 22, 2015
Eileen
"Grumpy Improfessional Owner"
There were problems with the check in process for some customers and every time he stated that it was their problem not his. Also the wifi is unusable since the owner got hit with an FCC violation (which he complains about to every guest which asks for the password). But I guarantee he will not update anything on the website for that including the pool that has not been in operation for 2 years.
Other trip Jul 23, 2015
"Very Very Disappointed"
We booked this hotel when we were on our family vacation. we have heard so many good things about Pismo beach area and from the minute we drove in to the area til the time we left it was a HUGE disappointment! The hotel does NOT offer any kind of breakfast like it had mentioned! It DOES NOT have any kind of WiFi due to someone at the hotel doing inappropriate things on the internet there and they got busted! The pool they claim they have is being used as a storage room and looks like it never was in use! the Hotel rooms them selves are dirty, the rooms smell awful, the linens were filthy, NO air conditioning at all and the neighborhood was unsafe to leave windows open at night. I felt trapped there, i felt like we were tricked into thinking this place was wonderful and it WAS FAR FROM THAT! I wanted to cry when we walked into our room, we had just drove 600 miles to get somewhere that was a dump!!! Very very disappointed not worth the $175 i was charged
1 night family trip Jul 20, 2015
"Horrible experience"
Horrible service and customer service.
1 night family trip Jul 15, 2015
Anthony
"Sad the pool hasn't been working for years"
We really enjoyed our stay but was very unhappy to learn the the indoor pool they advertised was closed. We first thought they were working on it but learned that the pool had been closed for years. They shouldn't advertise a pool if they don't have one.
3 night family trip Jul 14, 2015
Elizabeth Ann
"Old and tired motel, melancholy mood, ok location"
Take this if there is nothing else available. Price is really high for this.
Other trip Jul 18, 2015
Joonas
"Love this place"
I love this place we go to Pismo often and this will be the motel that I stay in from now on unless I'm camping it's an older cozy motel. Doesn't have all the bells and whistles so if you're that kind of person no need to stay here but a great place near the beach cozy and comfy
2 night romance trip Jun 4, 2015
Tracie
"Not ON the beach, but close enough!"
A beautiful beach town! I needed a getaway, and despite worry about safety as a single girl on the bottom floor, and no real ocean view, but for the parking lot, it was steps from the beach and visible to passersby. Friendly desk agent and unbelievable morning views on the beach! Serene...I would totally stay again (on the upper floor, overlooking the water).
1 night trip Jun 28, 2015
Denise
Happy with location, but not room location or amenities. Reserved a 2 room suite with kitchen expecting the upstairs location with nice view and patio. Got a downstairs room with view of the parking lot. The "kitchen" has a stove/oven that cannot be used and the gas is not connected due to "insurance reasons". When we asked about a possible discount due to false advertising were told no.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
"Last minute getaway deal"
Very good location!, it is OK for like one night stay, that's it!!
Other trip Jul 11, 2015
"Crap"
No AC, no microwave and the little fridge barely worked. It was just horrible. For the price for one might I expected a much nicer rm. never again will I stay at the crapy hotel.
Other trip Jul 10, 2015
horible
"Towels please!"
Had a very hard time getting extra towels. Three of us in the room but only two towels. Although I had asked for towels in the morning and told them to just leave the current towels there (drought after all), when we got back, we had TWO fresh towels instead of the four we should have had. When I asked for one more, I was told I would have to wait until 8:00 that night, because they turn off the water at 1:00???? None of the staff was very friendly and no one seemed to know what was going on with our reservation, towels, etc.
Other trip Jul 9, 2015
Shannon
"Overpriced, Understocked, But Great Location"
I booked a queen on Expedia & listed we had 3 people, so thought we could use a rollaway. Called Ocean Breeze on Friday before our Monday arrival & was told no rollaways fit in any of the rooms & we'd have to upgrade to double-queen. The man, Ed, was very nice on the phone, telling me he'd give me a deal on the upgrade. He gave me an amount that I would owe & I wrote it down. When we arrived, Ed wasn't there & his notes in the system weren't what I'd been told. When I said the difference should be $78, the older woman there just said she had to go by what the notes in the system said & because their current rate for a double queen was higher, I'd have to pay double what I was expecting. I told her Ed was giving me a deal, but she didn't either believe me or feel that she could honor what I'd written down. A line was piling up behind me, but she made no attempt to apologize to me or the line. There was no sense of dismay that I was being charged double what I was told, no grace or customer service from her. They did have the sense to hire a very nice younger woman, but she was being trained and had no authority. Room was clean, had fridge & microwave (tv had no guide & 0 cartoon channels), but NO visible outlets! I found 1/2 under a bed! also, no clock! Bring extension cord! The defunct pool is creepy. Rip off! Saw Ed at checkout, but he'd just been fighting w/wife (?), so didn't feel ok about talking to him. Felt he should have come to us to solve issue but he wasn't told!
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
Valleycat Mama
"Nice little place"
Nice little place. When I say little, I mean little. It was only me so it wasn't bad. I loved that the beach is literally a stone tho away from the hotel. Right in the middle of all of the good stuff in Pismo. Splash Café was only a 15 second walk from the hotel.
1 night trip Jun 30, 2015
Jordan
"Do not expect much."
It is close to the beach. That is the advantage of the hotel. Also, my room was quite big, but very old. I was really disappointed about their "continental breakfast". Tiny muffin, orange juice, and coffee. They supply so small amount, so these items run out very quickly. I see many people leave without having food. I felt it was funny that they call it as "breakfast".
2 night family trip Jun 23, 2015
Jeongjin
Location was great! So close to the beach! Service was the worst I've seen though. The owners are really grumpy and lazy. I think they are in the wrong business! Pay a little more and stay somewhere else.
2 night trip with friends Jun 27, 2015
"research other options"
no in room coffee. coffee and "pastries" (mini store bought day old muffins) available in the lobby starting at 8 a.m. Only light in the room was overhanging from the ceiling with the new eco light bulbs, removed three out of four as they were too bright. no bedside reading light, no clock, no pen. room and bathroom were clean. owner was brusque at check out, would not provide billing paper receipt. except for proximity to the ocean, would not recommend this hotel, fortunately only there one night. forgot, indoor pool "under repair", in the summer time. how long was it under repair?
1 night trip Jun 21, 2015
"Terrible customer service and no indoor pool usage"
The immediate customer service from the reception was very unfriendly. The conversation was them: "hi how can we help", me: "i have a reservation", them: "credit card please" and that was it. No welcome or anything close to what I have experienced from other hotel receptions. They did not say the indoor pool was undergoing maintenance (some online reviews indicate that may have been going on for some time). As a result we could not use the pool - it would have been nice for them to tell us that before the booking was confirmed or at least when we arrived. We still ended up paying full rate. The breakfast was a tiny muffin and orange juice - hardly what we expect from "breakfast included".
1 night romance trip Jun 14, 2015
"The worst room ever."
It was a supply closet, not a room.
2 night trip with friends Feb 14, 2015
"uncomfortable & unwelcomed stay"
This was the most uncomfortable unwelcomed stay i have ever experienced. The man and lady who run this hotel are very rude and unfriendly.On our arrival date there was no hello not even a smile.I tried to conversate but was cut short.They were constantly watching your every move from morning to night,when you leave and enter your room. On top of that they would count how many there were of you each time you left and came back.The room seemed clean but the towels were horribly rough,old and stained. The doors and floors squeaked horribly loud. I especially did not like that the lady and man who ran this hotel would argue in front of guest, where is their professionalism? I will never stay here again. The only thing going good for this hotel and what probably saves it, is their location.
2 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
"Never again!"
The ONLY positive review I can say is that it's proximity to the beach is wonderful..it's a 2 minute walk to the beach and pier. Other than that....the room was filthy, there was caramel popcorn inbetween the sheets in the sofa bed, which itself looked like it needed to be trashed. The towels were the roughest towels I've ever used, and they would not replace them, they said every other day! And the woman working in the front, co manager I assume, was quite unprofessional. Only given 1 key and the lock kept jamming. There were so many little negative incidentals that overall made this hotel the worst one we have ever stayed in. At least now we know.
Other trip Jun 20, 2015
"FUN!!!"
This place is a few hotels from the beach and around the corner from the fun! Room was OK - nothing spectacular. Owner was AWESOME and totally cool! She even brought me a Red Solo Cup so I could make a big cocktail!! There is an awesome upstairs sitting area. I just had fun here - room didn't matter - but I would definitely stay again. I think there is a pool too - but it was being renovated at the time we were there - could be done by now - but I wouldn't have used it anyways - so much to do there!
Other trip Jun 17, 2015
"Very close to beach! Old but nice."
Clean room. Beds ok. Old key that didn't work too well, but finally did. So close to a wonderful beach and pier. Thin walls though, creaky floor, but wasn't a problem for us. Very close to the bowling alley, but thankfully they closed at 10:00. Early morning garbage. Not for the light sleeper, but I really enjoyed my stay and would definitely recommend!
Pismo traveler
"Cost way to much for what u get"
Slamming doors woke me up and when I asked to change rooms the lady was very nice and wanted to but when the manager figured out it was his room I wasn't allowed to change rooms it's he didn't slam the door but once but I was uncomfortable situation, we asked for and iron since there r none in the rooms and we were told to go find the maid...
adriana
"Manager was rude...doors did not lock."
Worst experience. Manager was rude. Had to fix the front door lock at ten o'clock at night. Told not to worry crime rate was low
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
pete
"No service"
Took 20 minutes to be checked in because the only person working there was fixing a door to another room.
1 night romance trip Jun 5, 2015
"Warning: A new low In the motel industry"
Drove 4 hours to Pismo and arrived at 8:45pm. Found the motel office open but an attendant could not be found. My wife noticed somebody working on a 2nd floor door. I walked upstairs and asked the man if "he could check me in?" The man would not look at me and said, 'I'm the only one." I waited and watched him work on the door while he ignored me. One half hour later I still did not have a room and the man was still working on the door. i found another hotel on my phone and went on my way. The next day I called Expedia to demand a refund, and I learned that the man fixing the door was the infamous manager that is mentioned in several reviews. Not only did he deny giving a refund when Expedia called him, he lied to Expedia about the incident. One hour later, Expedia refunded the room that I never received. Don't ignore other negative review comments like I did. This motel deserves to be put out of business.
Other trip Jun 6, 2015
spodeman
"Great location!!"
Was just a needed getaway, They had a room close enough so i didn't have to drive any where. close to everything.
1 night trip May 24, 2015
rebecca
"Nice hotel close to everything thatpismohasto offe"
Had a great experience hotel was quite and nice will definitely be coming back on our next stay
Other trip May 26, 2015
Damian rodrigue
"Very nice hotel right around corner of splashcafe"
Had a great time left car at hotel .walking distance to every shop
Other trip May 26, 2015
bobby n rafaela
"ocean breeze"
Loved it... Best wake up around!!
1 night romance trip May 21, 2015
"quick golf weekend"
A quick golf getaway with the guys... great place to lay your head... small, quaint room near beach and pier... splash cafe about 200 feet away... good weekend.... just check in before 9 p.m.
2 night trip May 8, 2015
Sean
"NO Good to stay..."
Horrible place to stay, unfriendly staff... customer service is not their aim. Price is not worth it. There are other good places to stay though pricey but the comfort and the feeling of warmth of the staff and comfy , safety would be worth it. Been going to pismo every two months & this would be the least place to recommend.
1 night trip with friends Apr 18, 2015
"Last minute stay"
Great location, easy walk to beach and restaurants. It was perfect place to stop for an overnight b/t San Fran and LA. Enjoyed 2nd floor patio.
1 night romance trip Apr 28, 2015
"Close to beach and restaurants."
Room on second floor next to bowling alley. Could hear pins being set and knocked down. 2nd room larger. Toilet overflowed at 7:30 am had to wIt until 8 when office opened then told maintenance comedian at 9 and housekeeping at 9:30. Won't book there again. Only nice thing walk to beach and Boardwalk.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
"Good for the price you pay"
The hotel was ok for a one night stay no more than that. It is right next to the beach but the rooms are a little outdated and small and the sheets had stains on them. The hotel manager isn't very friendly he does what he has to do to get by so don't expect a friendly hello. I wouldn't recommend this hotel for a long stay but we were on a budget and it was what we could afford.
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
"The only good thing was location."
The staff was friendly but did not care when I told them the phone did not work in the room. I also made the reservation with Expedia which is supposedly getting you the best deal. When I got there the staff charged me $154 for the room and I said I already paid Expedia $200. He then said he would take it off my card that was on Saturday today is Monday and the charges are still pending. I called my credit card company to unauthorize the second payment. He said they were saving $125 a day by not having phones in the room so I asked why they were there and he said AT&T were taking them out. Also the bathroom was not clean the shower door would not shut. The walls were so thin that we could hear the people next door having sex. The complimentary breakfast consisted of mini muffins, orange juice and coffee with a sign stating that it was a complimentary breakfast please be considerate of other guests. I guess each guest could have one bite size muffin and a cup of coffee or juice!
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
Sheila
"Ocean Breeze In Pismo Beach Ca"
The only thing that we enjoy was the easy accessibility to the beach. The worst hotel we ever stayed. We'll never ever stay or recommend this undesirable hotel, from the room to guest service was not worth of the money we paid.
2 night romance trip Mar 28, 2015
Bedri
"Ocean Breeze Review"
My experience was great overall. My first impression was that the hotel had a great location, and was in decent condition. The gentleman at the front desk was terrible, he did not even say hello when we entered, he said yes as if we were bothering him and was extremely unwelcoming the entire stay. However the room that we were placed in was great, not necessarily the condition more the location. Our view was great, was able to sit up in bed and see the beach and the entire time we stayed we were not interrupted by others at all. We stayed 3 nights 4 days and I was extremely upset that towels were not made available to customers when needed. Customers had to wait until the maids were on duty to be able to receive new towels. Which was around 9/10 am, this was extremely inconvenient. I would suggest they provide additional towels to clients that will be staying more than one night. Location was outstanding, many things to do, tons of restaurants and the area was extremely nice, safe and clean. I would say based on the condition of hotel the price was a bit pricey. However I would definitely stay again.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
Duran
Cute motel and only a block to the beach. It offers free wifi, but it is basically unusable as it is shared with several other properties. I could not even text a single picture. Also, be warned that there is no air conditioning. We happened to arrive on an unseasonably hot March evening, and the room was stifling. We opened the windows, but our neighbors were sitting outside drinking and talking very loudly. Also, although I had prepaid through Expedia, they charged me again for a room night when I checked in. Good thing I checked my credit card statement before I checked out because I was able to wrangle with the front desk clerk to get him to reverse the charges. Also, not enough parking spaces for the number of rooms.
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
Really nice hotel close to everything clean friendly staff loved it
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
cori
The room was very clean and the staff is friendly.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
"Walking to beach yes!"
The hotel was nice and cozy nothing fancy..walking distance to pier like 1 min to put it in perspective and right next to all the nice cafes and shops ...I think what was not great was the breakfast it was orange Juice and a muffin the mini ones that's it!def not cool and room was not clean all the way there was a dirty towel stale of how old it was and stained towels ..nasty...other than that great location
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
jay
"Pismo Beach"
This is a very nice hotel, the service is great. The location is perfect for traveling with family and friends who want to stay close to the beach. You can park your car and not have to drive anywhere, everything is walking distance. The only problem was the beds were not comfortable, they were way to hard and it was both beds. Everything else was great, we will definitely staying again.
4 night family trip Feb 25, 2015
Dale
"The location was awesome!"
Everything was in walking distance. Overall, I would recommend it to a friend!
Other trip Feb 27, 2015
mamabear
"OB Inn"
It was nice, a little noisy behind us.
2 night trip with friends Feb 20, 2015
Lori
"Horrible"
Had a absolute horrible experience while staying there. At approximately 10:20 pm I was sitting out front of my room, on the hotel provided patio set, chit chatting with a friend and his girlfriend before they started their road trip back home (talking quietly amongst ourselves). At that time a female with a dog walks down stairs from the hotel office and says, "you do know, quiet time begins at 10 pm right?" I answered, "yes". She replies, "ok, you need to be inside your room by 11 pm., turned and walked away. So in conclusion, I wouldn't stay here again! It made me feel like I was on a school field trip. If I'm old enough to book a room for the weekend I'm pretty sure I'm old enough to know when I need to be inside my room.
2 night business trip Feb 20, 2015
Todd
"Adequate for the price."
Friendly people. Stuffy room. Impossibly hard mattress. Probably not even a mattress. Good location for walking to the beach, restaurants, and shops. Make sure you don't get a room near the bowling alleys next door!
2 night family trip Feb 20, 2015
"My half way place to stay to SD."
As always this place is the best place to stay in Pismo Beach. Thanks Ed & Joyce.
1 night family trip Feb 19, 2015