All hotels in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here620 St. Charles Street, Victoria, BC, V8S 3N7, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
"Cozy Couples Getaway"
Great service at this cozy B&B! Carol went above and beyond to make our stay comfortable.
2 night romance trip Feb 1, 2015
Shanna

"Excellent Choice"
The room was very clean and the service was excellent. The breakfast was also very good.
2 night romance trip May 3, 2015
"Beautiful Castle B&B"
Beautiful B&B in a great Victoria neighborhood. The host was very accommodating.
1 night family trip Apr 18, 2015
Alana
"great stay"
Great place! Friendly staff,very impressed!
1 night trip with friends Apr 17, 2015
"Experience of a Lifetime-wealthy for a night."
Had a fantastic stay. Duane (Manager) was especially nice. Happened we had the whole house to ourselves for the night (Off Season). Always wondered how the wealthy lived 100 years ago, loved the experience. Duane gave us a private tour of all the other rooms. Took pictures to decide on which we will request for our next stay. Quiet, and walked the house in my slippers, beats hotels hands down.
1 night romance trip Apr 11, 2015
Del
"Some issues which were resolved"
Cardiff Chamber small one bedroom apartment 4 nights. Check in is strange,not until 430pm and doors are locked, you have to knock and wait for the innkeeper. Note on front door with a # to call if nobody answers. Room is not in the main house but under it, key does not give access to the main house where breakfast is served. Told to come up and knock on the door. However,breakfast service didn't start until 830am and my appointments were at 8am so I was not able to have breakfast, which turned out to be cold cereal, toast, yogurt, fruit..no hot breakfast. Also turned out that during low season there is no maid service which was not explained on the website. A note in the room tells you to strip the bed yourself and bring any towels up to the main house during breakfast hours and they will give you clean ones so you can remake the bed yourself. When I entered, my room had not been dusted or freshened in several weeks, there were huge dust bunnies under all the furniture and dust on the bedcover and pillow shams. The floors were dirty and the tub had water spots and hair in it. That being said, once I brought this to attention of the innkeeper she arranged for cleaning and gave me a discount for the inconvenience and for not being able to partake of the breakfast for my entire stay. Once the room was cleaned and the bedding freshened it was a very nice spot.
4 night business trip Dec 15, 2014
Kelli
"Great location, average service"
The location is in a great neighbourhood and walking distance to some shopping areas and a couple tourist sties. When I arrived at the hotel, the door was locked and there was a sign stating check-in was at 4:30pm, and not 2pm as indicated on the hotels.com website. A friendly lady let me in and took my bags, and asked me to return at check-in times. The room was very spacious and comfortable! It was dusty in corners and behind the bed (where I was looking for an electrical outlet) and some hairs in the bathroom corners. Other than that is was decently clean and linens were clean. Tolietries were large, home sized containers of shampoo, body lotion, and soap. Complimentary breakfast was not that great. The bread expiry date was two days earlier, and the bananas were still green. Saw a deer just outside my hotel room door.
1 night business trip Dec 14, 2014
"Heritage home"
Heritage home in an upscale neighbourhood. We had the downstairs room .... The bed was directly under the front steps. We could hear every time someone came up the steps, but that wasn't often in off season. Well kitted out room .... Kitchenette, sitting room, large space. Comfortable. Room hadn't been dusted in awhile but was otherwise clean. Good deal, better than staying at a three star hotel.
1 night romance trip Dec 10, 2014
"Amazing"
Was totally blown away at the size of the rooms and neat architecture of the place. It's an older house so it creaks, but that just makes it better. Food was good too, and the staff was always willing to accommodate.
2 night trip Aug 19, 2014
Ryan
"Prior Castle Inn, a Victoria Heritage House"
The Inn is in a nice residential area of Victoria close to where I grew up as a kid. Lots of old English Tudor Style houses with nicely kept gardens. A few blocks away there is a pleasant little shopping plaza with a pub in it called Ross Bay Plaza. The room I stayed in was a grand room with a funcioning fireplace and a king size four poster bed, unfortunately I was by myself. The room was at the fromt of the house with lots of windows, a coffee making area and a large bathroom. In addition there was a large flat screen TV and WiFi service. When I attended at the Inn to check-in at 2:30 the door was open but there was no one there. I wandered around the house and garden for awhile until I noticed a little sign advising check-in time was changed to 3:30. When I returned later a polite Asian lady was there to check me in. I never sasw any staff at the Inn unitil the next morning at breakfast. They lock the front door at 7:00 PM as no staff are there at night.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
Lloyd
"Fun place to stay"
If you want a lovely room in a typical beautiful old Victoria home, this place won't disappoint. It is also clean and comfortable. Breakfast was excellent, freshly cooked eggs Benedict, not just a buffet of tired food, and it came quickly too. Definitely would go again!
Other trip May 31, 2014
lise
1 night romance trip May 3, 2015
yoshito
1 night family trip Apr 22, 2015
Jiaming
1 night business trip May 17, 2014

TripAdvisor reviews for Prior Castle Inn

"Good location, limited amenities"
03/18/15 Dawn D Tacoma, Washington
Our room was large, clean and comfortable. The kitchenette had no dishes so bring all your own stuff, if you want to use it. Limited supplies were offered in the bathroom--no conditioner for example. We stayed in the garden room--sort of daylight basement lighting, so it was kind of dark in the room. No lighting outside, so watch your step in the dark. The house was just coming under new management when we arrived and though he was inexperienced, he was very friendly and cooked a good breakfast. This mansion is located in a busy residential area. There was lots of traffic and people walking and running by. But that didn't cause any disturbance when inside. There is a grocery store, some small restaurants, Starbucks, & pharmacy nearby. It was less than 20 minutes from the ferry and very close to downtown and all the bigger restaurants there. I would stay there again, but be prepared to bring more toiletries and food/kitchen items. I read some of the other reviews and agree with them. It's good to know what to expect from a B&B.
"Lovely building, but..."
01/15/15 lotusland_traveler vancouver, bc
If all you are looking for that B&B experience, this is not the place to stay. This is clearly an off-shore investment with no understanding of or research into the service industry in North America. Having said that, the room we stayed in was glorious, clean, very large, and very comfortable. We spent 9 hours there and it served our needs at a good price. Breakfast was minimal based on the reviews I read. We arrived a few minutes before the arranged time and had 2 cold fried eggs, with dried sausage links, and grocery store sliced bread served. I sent mine back and did get a new plate of hot eggs - though I did get a look of "huh"? On the buffet counter there was 175 ml. cups of sweet fruity yogurt, grocery store muffins, a toaster for the bread,oranges, coffee and tea. This was just one step up from a cold self-serve breakfast of a cheap hotel. I often choose B&B's to chat with the proud owner and receive some insight into the place we are visiting. Fortunately, we did not need that as I know Victoria well but new visitors would feel that lacking. I would recommend this to people who are looking for comfort and location and care less about breakfast, chatting with B&B owners, or getting tips on places to visit.
"Decent and Charming Place to Stay"
12/29/14 kimberlandia Port Moody, Canada
We just stayed at the Prior Castle Inn for 3 nights and enjoyed our stay. The pro's: big room, charming overall house, nice garden, great tub, excellent price, friendly staff. The con's: there are lots of key details lacking. For instance, there is no lighting in the garden, so if you have a garden room (as we did), you have to walk in the total darkness around the house to get to your room. Our "kitchenette" lacked basics like cups. Breakfast, which is much more mediocre than the website pictures show, lacked napkins. When I asked for one, I was pointed to a kleenex box. Seems like the hotel owners just need to show a bit more care over the details. That being said, for the price, this was still a worthwhile stay.
"Quiet with Quirks"
12/24/14 armchaircruiser vancouver island
A mixture of old world warmth with new amenities. Bring your own coffee, cups, cutlery and breakfast. Request a coffee maker. The beds are comfy & the bath is luxurious. The location is perfect and quiet. Breakfast was ridiculous with leftover hallowe'en candies in a jar, white bread, cupcake muffins...but, it's a great spot, a heritage building with fascinating features. I've stayed twice & will again.
"Quiet historic inn"
08/17/14 Mark F Edmonton, Canada
We enjoyed our stay at the Prior Castle Inn. We had the top floor which had plenty of space for a family of 4. We did have to set up an air mattress as the second bed was a double and there was not a pullout. The room had a kitchen with some dishes and utensils. The view from the balcony was amazing as you could see the coast. All in all this was a great place to stay in a quiet neighbourhood. The complimentary breakfast each morning was a nice start to the day but it did repeat quite often. Everything seemed well maintained and was clean. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a quiet and relaxing stay in Victoria. There is also a grocery store, star bucks and pizza place a few blocks down the road.