All hotels in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Rather comfortable
    Great amenities
    Food is not good
    Bad internet service
"historic luxury in the heart of Victoria"
i love historic buildings so it was lovely to stay here. The original feel of the place was enhanced with a modern up to date bathroom with a jacuzzi. Grand! The staff was welcoming and the breakfast was a good start to each day.
2 night trip with friends Sep 6, 2015
Jean
Beautiful home Ina fabulous location! The only negative was the up keep of bldg and the cleanliness. There were leftovers from the previous guest in our fridge, we ran out of toilet paper and had to go find it ourselves as there was no one on site to help. The bathroom wasn't very clean. The gardens and grounds could be amazing but needed some upkeep. The manager Dwang was very nice and accommodating and his daughter adorable. The breakfast was very nice. Overall I would stay again.
2 night romance trip Aug 28, 2015
Elise
"Great B&B, it is reallly a castle"
It was a really nice surprise such hotel. Bed and Breakfast is not related to lack of luxury in this case. The staff is really friendly and takes care of all details you request.
1 night family trip Aug 22, 2015
Sergio
"Great B&B in Victoria"
Convenient. Lovely old neighborhood. Beautiful old home with lovely gardens. Breakfast was good, though could be refined. Duane and the rest of the staff were very friendly and helpful.
2 night romance trip Jul 29, 2015
"Beautiful space"
Incredible suite and so spacious. Very clean! Wonderful outdoor setting to sit outdoors and enjoy the garden. We enjoyed sitting on the veranda. Loved the kitchenette. The breakfast was homemade and good although didn't start until 8:30. Surprised by the bed and breakfast feel but yet they are not quite bed and breakfast level. For typical vacationers, it was challenging to get to the inn during their window to check in. Be aware of this small window, in fine print. The architecture of the building and age is perfect and a wonderful location close to downtown in a beautiful neighborhood setting. Very comfortable bedding.
Other trip Jul 21, 2015
"Cozy Couples Getaway"
Great service at this cozy B&B! Carol went above and beyond to make our stay comfortable.
2 night romance trip Feb 1, 2015
Shanna

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Not for business"
Wrong place for a business trip. No services surrounding, no transportation, no bath and no A/C. Plus no one in attendance at the hotel.
1 night business trip Aug 11, 2015
"Great location, historic building - basic service"
Wonderful old home in elegant neighbourhood but services were very basic. Our room was spacious and came with a kitchenette but it was poorly stocked with cutlery, plates, etc. The host was friendly and eager to please/learn but the breakfast was very poor - Eggs Benedict that were barely edible with canned fruit cocktail and fake whipped cream Simply not worth the price per night.
Other trip Aug 16, 2015
Norm
"Bring your own coffee"
The Prior Castle is a little down on it's luck. Are it's best days behind it? It certainly feels that way. While our suite was clean, two bulbs were out in the bathroom. The small patio outside our sitting room needed serious weeding. Breakfasts were tasty but there was never enough coffee. With no coffee maker in the room it was a good thing that coffee shops were less than 10 minutes walk away. Our suite was spacious but quirky. The neighbourhood was quiet and pleasant. Had the hotel felt a little less Faulty Towers our stay would have been more pleasant.
2 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
Philip
This was a wonderful get away for my wife and I, it is a beautiful part of historic Victoria BC. Very happy with the front desk service, made our stay feel very comfortable and the Morning breakfast was great with beautiful garden view from the dining room.
1 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
Luke
"Beautiful place. In a great neighborhood."
Was noisy. You could hear the coming and going of other guests.
Other trip Jul 16, 2015
"Wonderfull for a family stay"
Stayed two nights. Excellent service wonderful breakfast. Great location. Will stay again
2 night family trip Jul 2, 2015
"Wonderful historic place to stay"
We had a fantastic stay here. It was spacious, clean and very comfortable. Hotel staff were very pleasant, friendly and helpful. If you don't mind walking a little, it only took us 30 mins to walk to downtown from here and much of it is through the lovely neighbourhood of beautiful houses and gardens.
Other trip Jul 12, 2015
"A MUST!!"
Duane, the hotel host, is the best! A lovely man who will take care of your every need. Such an incredible house/hotel. We will definitely be back - YOU SHOULD GO!!
4 night trip with friends May 13, 2015
Gerald
"Excellent Choice"
The room was very clean and the service was excellent. The breakfast was also very good.
2 night romance trip May 3, 2015
"Beautiful Castle B&B"
Beautiful B&B in a great Victoria neighborhood. The host was very accommodating.
1 night family trip Apr 18, 2015
Alana
"Great getaway"
Breakfast could have been better organized, menus weren't provided. The breakfast itself is definitely governed by a cheap owner. The manager is fantastic and does a grt job with what he has
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
Jodeci
"great stay"
Great place! Friendly staff,very impressed!
1 night trip with friends Apr 17, 2015
"Experience of a Lifetime-wealthy for a night."
Had a fantastic stay. Duane (Manager) was especially nice. Happened we had the whole house to ourselves for the night (Off Season). Always wondered how the wealthy lived 100 years ago, loved the experience. Duane gave us a private tour of all the other rooms. Took pictures to decide on which we will request for our next stay. Quiet, and walked the house in my slippers, beats hotels hands down.
1 night romance trip Apr 11, 2015
Del
"Loved the Prior. Nice walk to sea front."
Wonderful stay. Our room #101 needs some work in kitchen area BUT overall lovely big room. Dwayne the manager made us a great breakfast. Prior Inn is a heritage site and when you look around there are lots of Downtown Abbey gems. Examples bell ropes, and phone intercom from upper rooms to kitchen. Grounds also lovely.
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
Peggy
"Lovely old mansion"
Great location, large comfortable room, friendly staff.
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
"Calm and relaxing"
We were very pleased with our stay clean comfortable breakfast was lovely we loved the heated bathroom floors
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
"Quaint historic castle"
A very comfortable stay, great location relative to downtown, private very quite, good value.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
"Some issues which were resolved"
Cardiff Chamber small one bedroom apartment 4 nights. Check in is strange,not until 430pm and doors are locked, you have to knock and wait for the innkeeper. Note on front door with a # to call if nobody answers. Room is not in the main house but under it, key does not give access to the main house where breakfast is served. Told to come up and knock on the door. However,breakfast service didn't start until 830am and my appointments were at 8am so I was not able to have breakfast, which turned out to be cold cereal, toast, yogurt, fruit..no hot breakfast. Also turned out that during low season there is no maid service which was not explained on the website. A note in the room tells you to strip the bed yourself and bring any towels up to the main house during breakfast hours and they will give you clean ones so you can remake the bed yourself. When I entered, my room had not been dusted or freshened in several weeks, there were huge dust bunnies under all the furniture and dust on the bedcover and pillow shams. The floors were dirty and the tub had water spots and hair in it. That being said, once I brought this to attention of the innkeeper she arranged for cleaning and gave me a discount for the inconvenience and for not being able to partake of the breakfast for my entire stay. Once the room was cleaned and the bedding freshened it was a very nice spot.
4 night business trip Dec 15, 2014
Kelli
"Great location, average service"
The location is in a great neighbourhood and walking distance to some shopping areas and a couple tourist sties. When I arrived at the hotel, the door was locked and there was a sign stating check-in was at 4:30pm, and not 2pm as indicated on the hotels.com website. A friendly lady let me in and took my bags, and asked me to return at check-in times. The room was very spacious and comfortable! It was dusty in corners and behind the bed (where I was looking for an electrical outlet) and some hairs in the bathroom corners. Other than that is was decently clean and linens were clean. Tolietries were large, home sized containers of shampoo, body lotion, and soap. Complimentary breakfast was not that great. The bread expiry date was two days earlier, and the bananas were still green. Saw a deer just outside my hotel room door.
1 night business trip Dec 14, 2014
"Heritage home"
Heritage home in an upscale neighbourhood. We had the downstairs room .... The bed was directly under the front steps. We could hear every time someone came up the steps, but that wasn't often in off season. Well kitted out room .... Kitchenette, sitting room, large space. Comfortable. Room hadn't been dusted in awhile but was otherwise clean. Good deal, better than staying at a three star hotel.
1 night romance trip Dec 10, 2014
"Amazing"
Was totally blown away at the size of the rooms and neat architecture of the place. It's an older house so it creaks, but that just makes it better. Food was good too, and the staff was always willing to accommodate.
2 night trip Aug 19, 2014
Ryan
"Prior Castle Inn, a Victoria Heritage House"
The Inn is in a nice residential area of Victoria close to where I grew up as a kid. Lots of old English Tudor Style houses with nicely kept gardens. A few blocks away there is a pleasant little shopping plaza with a pub in it called Ross Bay Plaza. The room I stayed in was a grand room with a funcioning fireplace and a king size four poster bed, unfortunately I was by myself. The room was at the fromt of the house with lots of windows, a coffee making area and a large bathroom. In addition there was a large flat screen TV and WiFi service. When I attended at the Inn to check-in at 2:30 the door was open but there was no one there. I wandered around the house and garden for awhile until I noticed a little sign advising check-in time was changed to 3:30. When I returned later a polite Asian lady was there to check me in. I never sasw any staff at the Inn unitil the next morning at breakfast. They lock the front door at 7:00 PM as no staff are there at night.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
Lloyd
"Fun place to stay"
If you want a lovely room in a typical beautiful old Victoria home, this place won't disappoint. It is also clean and comfortable. Breakfast was excellent, freshly cooked eggs Benedict, not just a buffet of tired food, and it came quickly too. Definitely would go again!
Other trip May 31, 2014
lise

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"schmutzig ohne jeden Komfort- reine Abzocke."
Das Zimmer/die Zimmer sind zwar gross aber basic eingerichtet mit alten abgewohnten Möbel. Sauberkeit; sehr oberflächlich, aber total verstaubt und auch mit Ungeziefer. Badezimmer; Duschen ohne Haarwäsche nicht möglich da die Dusche an der Decke montiert ist. Ganz normale Badewanne jst auch vorhanden - keine Möglichkeit zum Duschen. Frühstück: von 8.30 bis 10.00 und total dürftig. Lage: in netter Umgebung aber ca 30min Fussweg downtown. Service: nicht vorhanden. Es wird auch nicht tgl. das Zimmer gereinigt. "Manager" macht alles: reinigen, Frühstück etc...jst aber nur stundenweise vorhanden. Wenn man was benötigt ist niemand vor Ort. Das Haus: hat mit viktorianisch nichts zu tun. Es ist mit uralten abgewohnten Möbel eingerichtet. Das Motel ist einfach abgewohnt, ohne Service, und nicht sehr sauber...und höchst überbezahlt.
Other trip Sep 20, 2015
1 night business trip May 17, 2014

TripAdvisor reviews for Prior Castle Inn

"amazing"
01/06/16 xin c
it is an amazing and unforgettable experience. We got a very comfortable room and met a very nice manager whose cooking is awesome. Two deers appeared in the backyard when we arrived, what a surprise. Beautiful backyard and indoor decoration.
"Quiet and comfortable"
11/06/15 Island Nikki C Burns Lake, Canada
I stayed in the outside entranced Aberdeen Chamber for 6 nights in late October and was the only guest for most of that time. The hot breakfast wasn't fancy but was very tasty and the manager was always friendly. The room was clean and I really liked the roomy bathroom with jet tub. Unfortunately the Wi-Fi was pretty much non existent in my room and the outdoor lighting didn't extend to my area and I had to purchase a flashlight so that I could see the way to my room every evening when I came 'home' in the dark.
"Outstanding stay "
09/10/15 DeanCathy154943 Vancouver, Canada
What a special place! The room was spectacular with its own little balcony overlooking the garden. The manager, Duane is a remarkable Man, he made us feel extremely welcome. He escorted us to our room and asked if we were pleased with everything before leaving us to settle down. The next morning at breakfast, he was back to welcome is and made sure we all were satisfied with breakfast and our stay. I give him 10 out of 10 for service and highly recommend this Inn as a place to stay.
"Excellent service, spacious room, and relaxed atmosphere"
09/08/15 mrdavidt0001 Los Angeles, California
Great place without the hustle and bustle of a hotel. We stayed in the Cardiff Chamber which accessed from the outside through their beautiful gardens (we saw deer munching on some mornings). The room was very spacious and clean. The manager is Duane who is very accommodating and made sure we had everything we needed. The hot breakfast served is basic. Since we were staying for a week to drop off our daughter to university, we borrowed a pan from the main kitchen and the room came with plates, utensils, stove, and mini fridge which made dining-in very easy. Overall a pleasant experience.
"living like a king and queen"
08/30/15 397monica1975 Missoula, Montana
What a lovely atmosphere, spotless rooms, and super accomodating manager. The prior Castle has it all, history, beauty and close to some great things in Victoria. A must stay for papering yourself at a reasonalble price.. special thanks to Duane the manager for his warmth and good cooking!
"Unrivaled Decadence at an affordable price"
08/11/15 Mr_Jones2 Victoria
I had the great pleasure of staying at the Prior Castle Inn in Victoria recently. I was extremely impressed by this property. We stayed in the 'Nottingham Room', which is definitely tailored for romantic getaway weekends for couples. Two huge rooms, fully furnished with period antique furniture, with one room containing a large green marble jacuzzi and a green marble and glass shower. One wall and the entire ceiling was mirrored as well ;) The owners were extremely polite and the service was excellent. The gardens are well kept, beautiful, and private. As this is an older mansion converted into a B&B, the noise levels were fantastic, very low. We did not sample the breakfast but we almost did from the owner insisting we come down for something to eat (not up at our room, when I went down to load the van). I have raved about this place to all my friends and will definitely return, perhaps for anniversaries with my girlfriend. The room was also surprisingly affordable, an amazing deal for what you get actually.
"Good location, limited amenities"
03/18/15 Dawn D Tacoma, Washington
Our room was large, clean and comfortable. The kitchenette had no dishes so bring all your own stuff, if you want to use it. Limited supplies were offered in the bathroom--no conditioner for example. We stayed in the garden room--sort of daylight basement lighting, so it was kind of dark in the room. No lighting outside, so watch your step in the dark. The house was just coming under new management when we arrived and though he was inexperienced, he was very friendly and cooked a good breakfast. This mansion is located in a busy residential area. There was lots of traffic and people walking and running by. But that didn't cause any disturbance when inside. There is a grocery store, some small restaurants, Starbucks, & pharmacy nearby. It was less than 20 minutes from the ferry and very close to downtown and all the bigger restaurants there. I would stay there again, but be prepared to bring more toiletries and food/kitchen items. I read some of the other reviews and agree with them. It's good to know what to expect from a B&B.
"Lovely building, but..."
01/15/15 lotusland_traveler vancouver, bc
If all you are looking for that B&B experience, this is not the place to stay. This is clearly an off-shore investment with no understanding of or research into the service industry in North America. Having said that, the room we stayed in was glorious, clean, very large, and very comfortable. We spent 9 hours there and it served our needs at a good price. Breakfast was minimal based on the reviews I read. We arrived a few minutes before the arranged time and had 2 cold fried eggs, with dried sausage links, and grocery store sliced bread served. I sent mine back and did get a new plate of hot eggs - though I did get a look of "huh"? On the buffet counter there was 175 ml. cups of sweet fruity yogurt, grocery store muffins, a toaster for the bread,oranges, coffee and tea. This was just one step up from a cold self-serve breakfast of a cheap hotel. I often choose B&B's to chat with the proud owner and receive some insight into the place we are visiting. Fortunately, we did not need that as I know Victoria well but new visitors would feel that lacking. I would recommend this to people who are looking for comfort and location and care less about breakfast, chatting with B&B owners, or getting tips on places to visit.
"Decent and Charming Place to Stay"
12/29/14 kimberlandia Port Moody, Canada
We just stayed at the Prior Castle Inn for 3 nights and enjoyed our stay. The pro's: big room, charming overall house, nice garden, great tub, excellent price, friendly staff. The con's: there are lots of key details lacking. For instance, there is no lighting in the garden, so if you have a garden room (as we did), you have to walk in the total darkness around the house to get to your room. Our "kitchenette" lacked basics like cups. Breakfast, which is much more mediocre than the website pictures show, lacked napkins. When I asked for one, I was pointed to a kleenex box. Seems like the hotel owners just need to show a bit more care over the details. That being said, for the price, this was still a worthwhile stay.
"Quiet with Quirks"
12/24/14 armchaircruiser vancouver island
A mixture of old world warmth with new amenities. Bring your own coffee, cups, cutlery and breakfast. Request a coffee maker. The beds are comfy & the bath is luxurious. The location is perfect and quiet. Breakfast was ridiculous with leftover hallowe'en candies in a jar, white bread, cupcake muffins...but, it's a great spot, a heritage building with fascinating features. I've stayed twice & will again.